PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WTF is with the defense?

Pages : [1] 2 3

petegz28
11-22-2020, 10:41 PM
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a fucking thing. Carr had all fucking night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?

CasselGotPeedOn
11-22-2020, 10:41 PM
#PeteThread

TLO
11-22-2020, 10:42 PM
I want to know who Chris Jones was pissed off at on the sideline.

eDave
#PeteThread

No. WTF is with the defense?

Skyy God
They just had a bad day.

Just like your wife on date night.

Bugeater
Won't sniff the playoffs...

staylor26
11-22-2020, 10:43 PM
They need to play better, but the Raiders simply aren’t a good matchup for them.

St. Patty's Fire
11-22-2020, 10:44 PM
Dl got absolutely fucking bullied in both games. We can shit on the secondary all we want but when Carr is COMPLETELY untouched for several seconds on every play he's going to make completions easily.

Clark is really starting to piss me off; Jones can be inconsistent but he has dominant games. Clark has rarely done that since coming here. Inb4 everyone shits on me but it's the fucking truth.

jerryaldini
I want to know who Chris Jones was pissed off at on the sideline.

Looked like Sneed

TambaBerry
This makes the Colts even scarier if a good oline can shut us down

Graystoke
11-22-2020, 10:45 PM
Raiders O line is the real deal.
Secondary looked lost at times.
To much hand tackling.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 10:45 PM
This makes the Colts even scarier if a good oline can shut us down

Will the Colts be allowed to hold all game?

Lol not to give the defense a pass, but every time we play the Raiders their OL holds the entire game and it’s never called. What a joke.

carcosa
11-22-2020, 10:46 PM
After this thread I think we can expect them to be dominant the rest of the way!

Dayze
DL isn’t smart. They , I’m assuming don’t play assignments , get dominated.

I’m not sure if that’s because of them freelancing , or just getting straight up beat,
It the DL shit

And tackling is a close second.

DaFace
They need to play better, but the Raiders simply aren’t a good matchup for them.

Yep. The Raiders have been built to try and take on the Chiefs. They're as bad a matchup as there is in the league.

And credit Carr. The dude has kind of balled out against us.

St. Patty's Fire
11-22-2020, 10:47 PM

Lol not to give the defense a pass, but every time we play the Raiders their OL holds the entire game and it’s never called. What a joke.

They missed a bunch of false starts and an obvious grounding too.

They were letting things go until the end when they rained flags all over us. Seriously pissed me the fuck off. Either bury the whistles or call it by the book, don't skirt the line.

petegz28

They definitely got away with a lot tonight but we had 0 pressure and our tackling was for shit. The last 2 games have looked very Sutton like.

OKchiefs
Dl got absolutely ****ing bullied in both games. We can shit on the secondary all we want but when Carr is COMPLETELY untouched for several seconds on every play he's going to make completions easily.

Clark is really starting to piss me off; Jones can be inconsistent but he has dominant games. Clark has rarely done that since coming here. Inb4 everyone shits on me but it's the ****ing truth.

Lots of dumbasses on here will continue to defend $25 million a year Clark no matter what. Apparently you're not expected to get pressure unless you're going up against a cupcake. OTs have repeatedly embarrassed Clark all year.

Bl00dyBizkitz
Is it just my imagination or is Sorenson becoming a liability?

Like yeah, he got that cupcake INT to end the game, but I swear I keep seeing this guy getting beat in coverage against TE's, and lately he hasn't been wrapping up either. I love the guy and his attitude, but lately I keep finding him on the wrong side of a bad beat.

mlyonsd
Raiders have had the benefit of being bottom feeders in the draft. They have talent.

BossChief
They played the same way around this time last year.

Mecca
It's a bad matchup, also they've had several periods of sleep walking this year. Complacency is an issue, this team is just ready to get to the playoffs.

St. Patty's Fire
After this thread I think we can expect them to be dominant the rest of the way!

From your extremely kind and trivia dominant lips to Spags' ears

petegz28
11-22-2020, 10:48 PM
They missed a bunch of false starts and an obvious grounding too.

They were letting things go until the end when they rained flags all over us. Seriously pissed me the **** off. Either bury the whistles or call it by the book, don't skirt the line.

The false start should have been called but how the fuck do you you not even talk about calling the grounding?????

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 10:49 PM
The Raiders have a good offense. It's time for people to stop thinking this is the same old Raiders team, it's not.

staylor26
This team needs to add another edge rusher BAD. Like with their 1st round pick bad.

RunKC

Time to face the facts: Kolton Miller shut down Frank Clark again, Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson shut down Chris Jones again and Tyrann Matheiu got raped again.

Stop making excuses. Our best highest paid players got raped again

suzzer99
Anyone who wants to face the Raiders in the playoffs is crazy. Their offense just has their way with our D.

St. Patty's Fire
The false start should have been called but how the fuck do you you not even talk about calling the grounding?????

the grounding was extremely obvious too. like it wasn't even close. there's no excuse for that one and I expect Andy to give the league a mouthful this week in private.

RealSNR
11-22-2020, 10:50 PM
FIRE THE TACKLING COACH

BlackOp

If there wasn't an offensive holding call...it will be the Raiders 4th game in a row without one.

That will make any OL look all-world...all day to pass and never behind the sticks.

Was Whitens false start the only offensive penalty...with less than 2 minutes....is so...it was their first call of any kind in almost 3 entire games.

staylor26
Time to face the facts: Kolton Miller shut down Frank Clark again, Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson got shut down again and Tyrann Matheiu got raped again.

[ab]Stop making excuses[/B]. Our best highest paid players got raped again

:facepalm:

Literally said “I’m not giving the defense a pass” in the post you quoted, but the fact is anybody with a pair of eyes could see countless missed holds in both games.

I also said they need to play better earlier in the thread.

So give me a fucking break.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
PM Black Op

Pants
11-22-2020, 10:51 PM
Yep. The Raiders have been built to try and take on the Chiefs. They're as bad a matchup as there is in the league.

It's easy to ball out on a team when when you're never touched. Fuck, he never even felt rushed.

Sannyasi
11-22-2020, 10:51 PM
Raiders offense is just really good and they know how to play us.

dirk digler
11-22-2020, 10:52 PM
I noticed this in the Carolina game and now this game where the opposing offense is really taking their time snapping the ball. Besides the obvious of trying to use as much clock to keep Mahomes off the field I am wondering if we are tipping something on defense.

RunKC

Literally said “I’m not giving the defense a pass” in the post you quoted, but the fact is anybody with a pair of eyes could see countless missed holds in both games.

I also said they need to play better.

So give me a ****ing break.

They barely held like any other team. They don’t get any passes or excuses.

The only notable play any of these 3 made I either game was the Chris Jones forced fumble and that didn’t even count bc he was offsides.

They didn’t just get beat. They got embarrassed.

staylor26
Anyone who wants to face the Raiders in the playoffs is crazy. Their offense just has their way with our D.

Fucking chicken shit.

We’ll curb stomp them when/if we see them in the playoffs.

BossChief
This team needs to add another edge rusher BAD. Like with their 1st round pick bad.

It’s time to give Suggs a ring

TLO
The Raiders have a good offense. It's time for people to stop thinking this is the same old Raiders team, it's not.

I was just sitting here thinking about how much Carr has improved. Kudos to him.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 10:53 PM

The only notable play any of these 3 made I either game was the Chris Jones forced fumble and that didn’t even count bc he was offsides.

Go suck some Steelers dick then faggot.

Mecca
My favorite was how Breeland got a PI on a caught ball for touching a dude...yet on that same play on the blitz dude was grabbed from behind to no call..it was baffling.

Hammock Parties
Raiders are a top 5 offense.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 10:54 PM

ROFL

staylor26
My favorite was how Breeland got a PI on a caught ball for touching a dude...yet on that same play on the blitz dude was grabbed from behind to no call..it was baffling.

What about the block in the back that wasn’t called?

And the intentional grounding?

Sure RunKC, we can’t possibly say the Chiefs defense played like shit AND the refs allowed the Raiders offense to get away with murder...

petegz28
Tonight was huge because the way this D is playing we got another 2-3 losses coming.

Bucs
Saints(?)
Chargers(?)

I think we can hang with the Dolphins but Brady, Brees and Herbert are lighting shit up and all 3 teams have good defenses with the Saints being the least of the 3. The Bucs will absolutely rape us if we don't keep it close.

St. Patty's Fire
FIRE THE TACKLING COACH

Maybe it's confirmation bias but I swear the Chiefs are a lot worse at tackling than most teams and have been for years.

BossChief
11-22-2020, 10:55 PM
We beat them without

Schwartz
Watkins
Hardman minimized
Pringle hurt
Taco hurt
Okafor hurt

This team is going to be something else once we’re at full strength

TLO

I had no issues whatsoever with the officiating tonight. Seemed very fair and balanced.

St. Patty's Fire
PM Black Op

Definitely don't do that

Pants
Tonight was huge because the way this D is playing we got another 2-3 losses coming.

Won't sniff the playoffs

phisherman
They looked good......enough.

Gary Cooper
It starts with 95, 55, and 32. The rest of the players follow the leaders. If your stars are playing poor, the others will do likewise.

Who else is a game changer on this defense besides those players?

As to what's wrong with those three, that's a fair question. I think Mathieu has played well for the most part this season. He looked bad tonight at tackling. Chris Jones has been mediocre all year. Frank Clark has been invisible. I don't know if it's injuries but he looks overwhelmed most of the time by opposing tackles.

This defense stepped up in the second half last season. Let's hope they do the same this year. Also, let's not forget the limitation of talent on this side of the ball. Most of these players are lucky to be starting. They're never going to be dominant on defense with this group. Average is what we're asking for.

staylor26

Buttfucking moron.

RunKC
Go suck some Steelers dick then pillowbitergot.

lil Chiefy gets big mad when anyone says something critical about any Chief who has ever existed LMAO

Mecca
11-22-2020, 10:56 PM
I think people should understand something. The Raiders have a ton of speed, a huge line and they run a bit of an old school offense. It throws the Chiefs off that they basically play base Nickel and the Raiders give you a FB, it's just a style you don't see much.

Titty Meat
We won go away faggot

HonestChieffan
It needs fixing

staylor26
lol Chiefy gets big mad when anyone says something critical about any Chief who has ever existed LMAO

I’ve been critical of the Chiefs defense in this thread more than once dumbass.

St. Patty's Fire
11-22-2020, 10:57 PM
I feel like HB looked bad tackling tonight because he was matched up against Waller so much and that's just an unfair matchup for him in the open field. no one should really expect him to be able to tackle Waller 1 on 1. The guy is the 3rd best TE in the league and is similar in YAC ability to Kelce.

The DL deserves all the shit. We may as well have been playing 7 on 7 tonight.

RealSNR
Robinson's facemask penalty was some REAL fucking dogshit, too.

Know what I call that? A goddamn stiff arm. That's what every fucking stiff arm does. It makes contact with the defender's goddamn face.

Either stiff arming is allowed or it's not allowed, in my opinion. If it is, but the offensive player just can't make contact with the defender's facemask, then I should see that facemask flag getting thrown WAAAAAAY more often than it does.

Seriously. When's the last time you saw a facemask penalty called on the offense?

NFL needs to clarify those rules.

louie aguiar
Fucking chicken shit.

We’ll curb stomp them when/if we see them in the playoffs.

No we won’t. This is exactly what people were saying before this game.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 10:58 PM
lil Chiefy gets big mad when anyone says something critical about any Chief who has ever existed LMAO

Beats whining like a fucking baby every time they win a close game.

InChiefsHeaven
The Raiders just don't suck. I hate to admit it, but I hope we don't play those fuckers again. They know how to play the Chiefs. This is going to be a tough matchup every year. As it should be. Fuck the Faid! GO CHIEFS!

htismaqe

You're not allowed to be critical.

You have to fucking whine and cry like a spoiled toddler in order for it to be real criticism.

Coach
11-22-2020, 10:59 PM

Not disagreeing with you at all there. The Chiefs are going to have to consider upgrading their talent level to replace Sorensen and some athletic linebackers (outside of Gay) to counter that threat.

Sorenson was just BAD today.

RunKC
I had no issues whatsoever with the officiating tonight. Seemed very fair and balanced.

Officiating was fine tonight but folks get in their feelings and make those excuses when defending highly paid defenders sucking absolute asshole 2 games in a row

Halfcan

Bucs
Saints(?)
Chargers(?)

I think we can hang with the Dolphins but Brady, Brees and Herbert are lighting shit up and all 3 teams have good defenses with the Saints being the least of the 3. The Bucs will absolutely rape us if we don't keep it close.

The only thing Brees is lighting up right now is medical equipment.

Titty Meat

I think it's just a case of a team having our number. Pretty good O Line some speed on the outside a play making TE and one of the best backs in the league.

Not many teams in the league have all of that tho

petegz28

Butt****ing moron.

Dude, Breeze and Kammara will have a field day on this D
We already had to go to OT to beat Herbert
Brady is not so much a threat but you give him a lead with their D and it's game over

Chief Northman
Clark, Mathieu, Jones - lead. Enough talk from these guys.
Mathieu doesn’t tackle, Clark runs himself out of pressures and Jones cheats the scheme. And it is not just one-offs. The linebacker corps is talent deficient, and the secondary is inconsistent as hell, especially in zone coverage. I’m not sure what it’s going to take to light a fire under these guys. Maybe Reid should label them as second fiddle to the offense on this team, because it’s obvious that’s what they are.

-King-
Robinson's facemask penalty was some REAL fucking dogshit, too.

Know what I call that? A goddamn stiff arm. That's what every fucking stiff arm does. It makes contact with the defender's goddamn face.

Either stiff arming is allowed or it's not allowed, in my opinion. If it is, but the offensive player just can't make contact with the defender's facemask, then I should see that facemask flag getting thrown WAAAAAAY more often than it does.

Seriously. When's the last time you saw a facemask penalty called on the offense?

NFL needs to clarify those rules.

Huh? Robinson clearly hooked the facemask with his finger. It has nothing to do with him making contact with it. You just can't grab onto it like he did

staylor26

You have to fucking whine and cry like a spoiled toddler in order for it to be real criticism.

Exactly.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2020, 11:00 PM
Spagnuolo was hired to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots, not the Las Vegas Raiders.

I’m sure we’ll see some scheme wrinkles installed in the offseason.

petegz28
The only thing Brees is lighting up right now is medical equipment.

They were saying he would be back by the time they play us. So I am saying he will play until he doesn't.

-King-
Brady is not so much a threat but you give him a lead with their D and it's game over

0/2

Good effort

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-22-2020, 11:01 PM
Even without a pre-season special teams is far more troubling

RunKC

You have to ****ing whine and cry like a spoiled toddler in order for it to be real criticism.

Or just quit making excuses about the opponent getting away with holding and accept that our best defenders got raped all night.

Why is that so hard to admit? Chris Jones was getting raped so bad he threw a tantrum on the sideline.

Skyy God

This is the Pete reverse karma thread we’ve been waiting for.

SB bound, baby!!

staylor26

Brees might not even be healthy by the time we play them, and unlike Carr, he can’t throw the football beyond 10-15 yards. It’s a completely different team and matchup. This defense doesn’t suck every fucking week. Give me a break.

BossChief
11-22-2020, 11:02 PM

Bucs
Saints(?)
Chargers(?)

Pussy

Bl00dyBizkitz
Honestly, not just the Defense, what the hell has been going on with our Special Teams?

Was that like 4-5 penalties on Special Teams tonight? I'd be more happy about Butker making all his XP's if not for that dogshit kick out of bounds early on in the game.

petegz28
This is the Pete reverse karma we’ve been waiting for.

SB bound, baby!!

Let's hope!

tyecopeland
It’s time to give Suggs a ring

We did that in February.

Titty Meat

Brees has 11 cracked ribs you retard

staylor26
Or just quit making excuses about the opponent getting away with holding and accept that our best defenders got raped all night.

Why is that so hard to admit? Chris Jones was getting raped so bad he threw a tantrum on the sideline.

You realize that I said it’s not an excuse and I’m not giving them a pass, right?

Can you fucking read?

Just because it’s not an excuse, doesn’t mean it didn’t fucking happen though. That’s where you’re 100% wrong.

dirk digler
11-22-2020, 11:03 PM
Brees might not even be healthy by the time we play them, and unlike Carr, he can’t throw the football beyond 10-15 yards. It’s a completely different team and matchup. This defense doesn’t suck every ****ing week. Give me a break.

Yeah but Carolina pretty much did what they wanted to as well. I am concerned honestly.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Do Not bring it out

Dayze
Raiders O line is the real deal.
Secondary looked lost at times.
To much hand tackling.

Yep

OKchiefs
Spagnuolo was hired to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots, not the Las Vegas Raiders.

I’m sure we’ll see some scheme wrinkles installed in the offseason.

Scheme change won't help spending almost $70 million a year on Clark, Jones, and Mathieu to do absolutely fucking nothing.

htismaqe
Not disagreeing with you at all there. The Chiefs are going to have to consider upgrading their talent level to replace Sorensen and some athletic linebackers (outside of Gay) to counter that threat.

Sorenson was just BAD today.

Gay actually wasn't very good tonight either.

Mecca
The Raiders matchup with us because of their build. They run the ball, throw a bunch of checkdowns to backs a TEs while taking the occasional deep shot. While having a massive line that is paid, it's basically perfect weaponry against us..on top of that they're also smart enough to attack Sorensen and Niemann repeatedly.

Simply Red
11-22-2020, 11:04 PM
Peter stop being stupid, seriously.

petegz28
11-22-2020, 11:04 PM
The Raiders matchup with us because of their build. They run the ball, throw a bunch of checkdowns to backs a TEs while taking the occasional deep shot. While having a massive line that is paid, it's basically perfect weaponry against us..on top of that they're also smart enough to attack Sorensen and Niemann repeatedly.

The one thing I thought we did well tonight was contain Jacobs.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:05 PM

Excuses?

They didn't play well.

What more needs to be said?

You just want to hear yourself whine.

staylor26
Scheme change won't help spending almost $70 million a year on Clark, Jones, and Mathieu to do absolutely fucking nothing.

And enter the 2nd whiniest bitch of them all. Now all we need is Jake from Bitch Farm.

Same fucking people every fucking time.

RealSNR
Huh? Robinson clearly hooked the facemask with his finger. It has nothing to do with him making contact with it. You just can't grab onto it like he did

Hooked his finger???? HIS FINGER YOU SAY!!!!

SHOULD HAVE EJECTED HIM FROM THE GAME!

Titty Meat

Our linebackers are some of the worst in the league. Lemme know if teams will shoutout Jones/Clark in the post season then I'll care

Coach

Yes, and the whole defense wasn't very good either. Even Jones was bad today. The most action he ever got was yelling at Sneed.

Nobody on this defense deserves to get paid this week.

My point is though that our LB corps, in terms of talent, is just bad.

And having Sorenson matching up on Waller is just a train wreck waiting to happen.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:06 PM
You realize that I said it’s not an excuse and I’m not giving them a pass, right?

Can you fucking read?

Just because it’s not an excuse, doesn’t mean it didn’t fucking happen though. That’s where you’re 100% wrong.

Anything short of the sky falling just isn't critical enough.

Come on man, you gotta whine and moan some more!

RealSNR
We didn't tackle tonight. It's pretty simple.

Get the players to tackle. They've done it before.

Mecca
You guys see what Kelce does? There isn't anyone that can play Waller.. putting him and Ruggs together means they have someone singled...then you add in how often Carr will go to backs, what do you do?

OKchiefs
11-22-2020, 11:07 PM

And we're obviously not smart enough to get Sorensen and Niemann out of the lineup. What is it with this team and shitty white players with an endless leash?

htismaqe
Yes, and the whole defense wasn't very good either. Even Jones was bad today. The most action he ever got was yelling at Sneed.

Nobody on this defense deserves to get paid this week.

My point is though that our LB corps, in terms of talent, is just bad.

And having Sorenson matching up on Waller is just a train wreck waiting to happen.

It's a really good offense and a really bad matchup for the Chiefs. They better figure it out because the Raiders are built to beat this team.

BossChief

And we still beat them while missing a bunch of really good players.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:08 PM
And we're obviously not smart enough to get Sorensen and Niemann out of the lineup. What is it with this team and shitty white players with an endless leash?

There's nobody behind them.

Did you see Gay getting routed out of plays tonight? He's not good right now either.

dirk digler
11-22-2020, 11:08 PM
I know people here hate on Dan but almost every game he makes big plays. Hell he took out 2 starting RB's in back to back weeks with his hitting.

BossChief
11-22-2020, 11:09 PM
There's nobody behind them.

Did you see Gay getting routed out of plays tonight? He's not good right now either.

He’s definitely behind the game, mentally. Seems very unsure of himself on the field still.

St. Patty's Fire
11-22-2020, 11:10 PM
It's a really good offense and a really bad matchup for the Chiefs. They better figure it out because the Raiders are built to beat this team.

We fucking better because if the season ended today we'd play them in the playoffs.

Hopefully the Ravens/Fins can surpass them. No guarantee they get in, though if I had to guess I'd bet on it.

Mecca
11-22-2020, 11:11 PM

We're not athletic at those spots and the Raiders abuse it.

The Raiders offense takes advantage of being in a league where everyone is spreading the field, they don't. So they can attack places teams save money.

petegz28
And we still beat them while missing a bunch of really good players.

And the Raiders hardly practiced this week so.....

I don't wanna take away from the win. A divisional win on the road is a divisional win on the road. Patrick is a fucking beast and won the game for us.

But the defense cannot keep putting us in a position where the offense has to be perfect every drive.

They did that against the Panthers and then again this week. We got to do things like tackle better. We tackle tonight and we slow the Raiders down a lot.

RunKC
Anything short of the sky falling just isn't critical enough.

Come on man, you gotta whine and moan some more!

Saying your best and highest paid defenders getting raped is sky falling? ROFL

It’s literally just stating the facts

philfree
11-22-2020, 11:12 PM
John Gruden's wet dream every night is to beat the Chiefs and Andy Reid. He blew his wad last game and then prematurely ejaculated this time. Fun times!

Bl00dyBizkitz
11-22-2020, 11:12 PM
I know people here hate on Dan but almost every game he makes big plays. Hell he took out 2 starting RB's in back to back weeks with his hitting.

Playoff Dan is a totally different guy.

But regular season Dan is getting exposed right now.

BigRedChief
11-22-2020, 11:13 PM
Raiders have had the benefit of being bottom feeders in the draft. They have talent.

And as Daface said, the whole team is designed to beat us.

Wallcrawler
Very disappointed with Mathieu this game. Did not look like he wanted to hit anyone,and that one shot of him pitter patter slapping at the ball carrier made me want to fucking puke.

Fact of the matter is that against a good o line, our d is going to look like shit. Our linebackers are trash, and you can't expect dbs to cover all night on every single play.

Sorenson needs to be replaced. Honestly. How many misses tackles and blown coverages down you need to see.

Chris Jones needs to start earning his money.

Frank Clark needs to cut out all the bullshit spin move/half spin move, and just fucking rush the passer/set the edge. If i took a shot every time Frank Clarks half ass spin move failed, I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning.

htismaqe
Saying your best and highest paid defenders getting raped is sky falling? ROFL

It’s literally just stating the facts

You said they got "embarrassed".

They won the game.

They're 9-1.

They just won their first Super Bowl in 50 years.

YOU should be embarrassed.

Titty Meat
Playoff Dan is a totally different guy.

But regular season Dan is getting exposed right now.

Kittle made some plays on him. Covering TEs isnt his thing.

BlackOp
11-22-2020, 11:14 PM
Chiefs played without 2 starting WRs...and still put up 34.

Take Agholor and Renfrow off the Raiders tonight....

petegz28
And as Daface said, the whole team is designed to beat us.

And in the coming years the entire AFC will be designed to beat us.

So our defense better get it the fuck together!

Chris Meck

He missed like a half a dozen tackles, badly. He can't cover anyone at all; all that shit over the middle all night long and look who was trailing behind...Dirty Dan.

of the Raiders 364 yards, you could probably honestly chalk up 100 on Dirty Dan's ledger.

Making ONE play does not negate that.

He and Niemann are too slow and not strong enough to make up for that. They need replacing as soon as possible.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-22-2020, 11:15 PM
Time to face the facts: Kolton Miller shut down Frank Clark again, Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson shut down Chris Jones again and Tyrann Matheiu got raped again.

Stop making excuses. Our best highest paid players got raped again

In fairness, they scored 9 less points at home than they did against us on the road...

RunKC
We're not athletic at those spots and the Raiders abuse it.

The Raiders offense takes advantage of being in a league where everyone is spreading the field, they don't. So they can attack places teams save money.

Their OL has to be the best in the league. It’s made Carr look way better than he really is.

But credit to them. Darren Waller, Josh Jacobs and Kolton Miller were excellent personnel moves by Mayock.

Agholor has been pretty good for them this year but he definitely showed his ass with that big drop tonight

Mecca
Kittle made some plays on him. Covering TEs isnt his thing.

Unless you have some freak like Derwin James covering TEs is hard in today's game.

Pants
11-22-2020, 11:16 PM
Very disappointed with Mathieu this game. Did not look like he wanted to hit anyone,and that one shot of him pitter patter slapping at the ball carrier made me want to fucking puke.

Fact of the matter is that against a good o line, our d is going to look like shit. Our linebackers are trash, and you can't expect dbs to cover all night on every single play.

Sorenson needs to be replaced. Honestly. How many misses tackles and blown coverages down you need to see.

Chris Jones needs to start earning his money.

Frank Clark needs to cut out all the bullshit spin move/half spin move, and just fucking rush the passer/set the edge. If i took a shot every time Frank Clarks half ass spin move failed, I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning.

5'9" 185lbs vs 6'6" 260lbs

Jesus Christ

htismaqe
And in the coming years the entire AFC will be designed to beat us.

So our defense better get it the fuck together!

You don't think that the Chiefs defense will eventually be designed to counter those changes?

Are you talking about the issues right now or the issues in years to come? Because those are two different things.

dirk digler
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn I felt like shit out there my boys came thru for me though. Nothing is easy in this league. On to the next.</p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1330733056353701888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:17 PM
You don't think that the Chiefs defense will eventually be designed to counter those changes?

Are you talking about the issues right now or the issues in years to come? Because those are two different things.

Seasons are determined based off a few games

mnchiefsguy
11-22-2020, 11:18 PM

And I think they are designing their offense specially to defeat us.

At this point last year we lost to TN to drop to 6-4 and the defense was not looking good---and we know what happened from then on out.

Am I concerned? Yeah a little. But not panicking. Spags put together a championship run of defense last year---and the fact is, out of 10 games this year, the Chiefs have been good/excellent in 7 of them (20 points or less) and sucky in 3 (2 Faider and Carolina.)

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:18 PM
Seasons are determined based off a few games

I know that.

The conversation was about the Raiders being built to beat the Chiefs, as in right now.

And Pete said that every team in the AFC will be built to beat us, the defense better get it's shit together.

As if those future teams are going to be playing the 2020 Chiefs defense or something.

It makes zero sense.

petegz28
11-22-2020, 11:19 PM

Both. We got some tough games ahead and the playoffs will have teams like these Raiders, the Colts and the Steelers.

None of which can we afford to have the D play like they did tonight.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:19 PM
Unless you have some freak like Derwin James covering TEs is hard in today's game.

Yes, I know. Unlike your Belichek shutting down TEs who are 6'4 and can run 4.4 is nearly impossible. It is a weak spot on our defense just like many others. My point is without a pass rush things like that will be exposed. Like I also said let me know if Jones/Clark play this poorly in the post season. Only then I will care.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:20 PM
I know that.

The conversation was about the Raiders being built to beat the Chiefs, as in right now.

And Pete said that every team in the AFC will be built to beat us, the defense better get it's shit together.

As if those future teams are going to be playing the 2020 Chiefs defense or something.

It makes zero sense.

I was kidding it's more overreaction by the usual. Teams have ups and downs in areas good teams adjust and just because our defense has been less than good for 3 games or so this season doesnt mean shit despite how some in here are pretending it is.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:22 PM
I don’t think people realize that even the best defenses in today’s NFL have bad days.

The Colts gave up 31 to the Packers today.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:23 PM
Both. We got some tough games ahead and the playoffs will have teams like these Raiders, the Colts and the Steelers.

None of which can we afford to have the D play like they did tonight.

The Raiders are much tougher matchup than the Colts or Steelers, IMO.

We'll find out a lot this coming weekend. The Bucs are going to be a challenge.

carcosa
11-22-2020, 11:24 PM
I expect Andy to give the league a mouthful this week in private.

HOT!!!!!

htismaqe
I was kidding it's more overreaction by the usual. Teams have ups and downs in areas good teams adjust and just because our defense has been less than good for 3 games or so this season doesnt mean shit despite how some in here are pretending it is.

The way I figure, they were dogshit last year and the team was 6-4 at this point.

They didn't play well tonight but there's a lot of season left. They've been through this before. There's plenty or reason to believe they can do it again.

staylor26
The Steelers can’t run the ball and their OL isn’t very good against the run or pass.

Styles make fights.

Chief Northman
11-22-2020, 11:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn I felt like shit out there my boys came thru for me though. Nothing is easy in this league. On to the next.</p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1330733056353701888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lay off of Twitter and try tackling for a change

O.city
11-22-2020, 11:25 PM
Also, look around the nfl. Gone are the days of just shutting teams down )especially good offenses).

The colts are one of the best defenses in the league and the Packers scored what, 31 on them today?

The chiefs need their defense to get a few stops per game, be more than a speed bump and get the occasional takeaway.

Sure they could absolutely upgrade some spots. But that’s always gonna be the case

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:26 PM
Lay off of Twitter and try tackling for a change

Lol let’s hate on the leaders of our D that played a huge role in delivering us a SB. Isn’t that so much fun?

O.city
I don’t think people realize that even the best defenses in today’s NFL have bad days.

The Colts gave up 31 to the Packers today.

Was just typing this

O.city
You’ve also got a lot of young new faces in there on defense in a weird year

staylor26
Also, look around the nfl. Gone are the days of just shutting teams down )especially good offenses).

The colts are one of the best defenses in the league and the Packers scored what, 31 on them today?

The chiefs need their defense to get a few stops per game, be more than a speed bump and get the occasional takeaway.

Sure they could absolutely upgrade some spots. But that’s always gonna be the case

:clap:

A lot of people on CP don’t pay attention to the rest of the NFL.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:27 PM
Lol let’s hate on the leaders of our D that played a huge role in delivering us a SB. Isn’t that so much fun?

They're embarrassing!

O.city
I mean I’d love to have the best defense in the league.

But it’s a capped league and we’re paying some stars already.

staylor26
Not only did the Colts give up 31, the Ravens gave up 30 today too.

Take a look around the NFL cry babies.

Chris Meck
11-22-2020, 11:28 PM
I am concerned about the Bucs.

O.city
11-22-2020, 11:29 PM
The steelers are the beat defense, by far, but they have played the sisters of the poor all year

Chief Northman
11-22-2020, 11:29 PM

So they are beyond criticism?

This defense isn’t up for the task as of late.

O.city
11-22-2020, 11:30 PM
The raiders ol is really good and they’re without two of their starters

They get those two back shit watch out. I’d prefer to miss them in the playoffs

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:30 PM

The Bucs don’t have an OL anywhere near as good as the Raiders.

RunKC
11-22-2020, 11:31 PM

We’ll get Sammy and Mecole back but Remmers still worries me. In fact that whole right side of the OL worries me.

We had to play Alex Smith ball a lot tonight. Quick short passes. Not sure if that game sealing TD qualified but I saw that Pat was 0/4 from 20+ tonight towards the end of the game.

Missing Schwartz is a big deal

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:31 PM
Not only did the Colts give up 31, the Ravens gave up 30 today too.

Take a look around the NFL cry babies.

The Raiders put 34 points on a top 5 New Orleans defense. If their defense wasn't so bad against the Buccaneers, they might have played better that game. As it stands, Carr had 284 yards and 2 TD's against the best defense in the NFL.

carcosa
11-22-2020, 11:32 PM

I'm not

Titty Meat
The Raiders are much tougher matchup than the Colts or Steelers, IMO.

We'll find out a lot this coming weekend. The Bucs are going to be a challenge.

Dont think our defense could play like they did and beat the Steelers with that defense they have they will get some stops.

Easy 6
Their OL has to be the best in the league. It’s made Carr look way better than he really is.

This is likely true, that O line is legit... they got the best of us all night long

There were times in pass pro that looked like some Madden glitch

htismaqe
So they are beyond criticism?

This defense isn’t up for the task as of late.

Criticism?

What you posted was trash talk.

O.city
11-22-2020, 11:33 PM
The offensive line was solid today. The offense had 36 first downs. That’s unreal

They were fucking surgical.

Get Watkins back and Hardman healthy, hope Schwartz heals up and the offense will just murder people

OKchiefs

Frank Clark has been shut down all season, not just against the Raiders

O.city
Dont think our defense could play like they did and beat the Steelers with that defense they have they will get some stops.

Steeler offense isn’t near what the raiders is

stevieray
11-22-2020, 11:34 PM
This is likely true, that O line is legit... they got the best of us all night long

There were times in pass pro that looked like some Madden glitch

eh, they get away with holding a bit too much.

They are for real though.

We'll be better for it.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:34 PM

The Steelers offense isn't as good as the Raiders.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:35 PM

The Steelers OL sucks against the run and the pass.

They can’t run the football.

They don’t matchup well with us on either side of the ball.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:36 PM
Frank Clark has been shut down all season, not just against the Raiders

You’re right he’s had 0 sacks or pressures all season and will not get 1 for the rest of the year!

No way he can play better again Donovan Smith who’s one of the worst LT’s in the NFL!

Chris Meck
11-22-2020, 11:37 PM

they hung 45 on the Raiders and only gave up 20.

I'm not saying I'm panicked; I'm not saying we're going to lose, I'm saying I'm concerned.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:37 PM
Steeler offense isn’t near what the raiders is

Arent they seventh in points?

Mecca
11-22-2020, 11:38 PM
The Steelers offense isn't as good as the Raiders.

The Steelers were great at getting a dogshit schedule, there's nothing about them that says best in the league.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:38 PM
they hung 45 on the Raiders and only gave up 20.

I'm not saying I'm panicked; I'm not saying we're going to lose, I'm saying I'm concerned.

Their game against the Raiders is absolutely irrelevant.

I understand the concern, because they could beat us, but we should still win.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:40 PM
Arent they seventh in points?

Yep but 16th in DVOA. They just haven't played anybody really tough.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:40 PM
The Steelers were great at getting a dogshit schedule, there's nothing about them that says best in the league.

Besides being 10-0. Love the gymnastics played on here. Had you said the Raiders would beat us this year going into the season people would call you all kinds or names tell you Grueen sucks, so does Carr. Infact theres even a thread about how bad Carr sucks on here.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:41 PM
Besides being 10-0. Love the gymnastics played on here. Had you said the Raiders would beat us this year going into the season people would call you all kinds or names tell you Grueen sucks, so does Carr. Infact theres even a thread about how bad Carr sucks on here.

Carr does suck.

If you need a great OL to be good, you suck. Any average QB can do what he did with all the time he was given tonight.

The real Derek Carr is the one you get when he’s pressured, and he’s not very good.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:41 PM

Ravens and Titans are playoff teams

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:42 PM
Care does suck.

If you need a great OL to be good, you suck.

:rolleyes:

Chris Meck
11-22-2020, 11:42 PM
Their game against the Raiders is absolutely irrelevant.

I understand the concern, because they could beat us, but we should still win.

I understand it's different matchups, and every game is different, but to not see reason for concern makes no sense to me.

If Carr can exploit Sorensen and Niemann all day, what is Brady going to be looking at?

I know they don't have that Raiders line.

I'm not saying we're going to get beat. But if our defense doesn't player better than the last two games, we might well.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:43 PM

Carr is a different player this year. It's obvious that he and Gruden have figured something out. If you look at his splits over the last half of last year and this year, there's an obvious upward trend.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:43 PM
:rolleyes:

Does Derek Carr not turn into a pumpkin when consistently pressured?

jjchieffan
11-22-2020, 11:44 PM
It's crazy this defense has averaged less than 20 points per game given up to everyone except the Faiders. And they gave up 40 and 32 to them. We used to dominate Carr. The guy always looked bad against the Chiefs. Now he lights the defense up like Mahomes dies to other teams.

staylor26
I understand it's different matchups, and every game is different, but to not see reason for concern makes no sense to me.

If Carr can exploit Sorensen and Niemann all day, what is Brady going to be looking at?

I know they don't have that Raiders line.

I'm not saying we're going to get beat. But if our defense doesn't player better than the last two games, we might well.

Brady isn’t going to have all day to throw like Carr. You keep missing that part even though you’re saying you understand it’s a different matchup.

Titty Meat

Alot of QBs do. He doesnt suck hes not elite either though.

htismaqe
Ravens and Titans are playoff teams

The Titans have one of the worst defenses in the league. The Ravens is their one quality win, in terms of offensive DVOA.

staylor26
Alot of QBs do. He doesnt suck hes not elite either though.

He sucks and he wears mascara.

Chris Meck

Doesn't anyone not named Patrick Mahomes?

I mean really. Even prime Brady or prime Manning did.

RunKC
11-22-2020, 11:45 PM

Yup

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:45 PM

Ok let me rephrase that.

Does Derek Carr not suck when his OL isn’t playing like the best in the league?

There’s a difference between being bad when your OL is horrible and being bad when your OL isn’t phenomenal.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2020, 11:46 PM
Carr is making good throws under pressure now.

The 3rd and 10, and the long one to his fullback that was dropped come to mind.

He is basically prime Alex Smith now. Gruden has done a very good job rebuilding him.

He's not even 30, so the AFC West will be QB driven now for awhile between Alex Carr and the kid in SD.

Donks need to move on from Cassel Jr.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:49 PM
Carr is a different player this year. It's obvious that he and Gruden have figured something out. If you look at his splits over the last half of last year and this year, there's an obvious upward trend.

Hes no doubt improved. Again it the defense plays like this against Pittsburgh in the playoffs they can beat us. It the line plays like it did tonight and we are able to get some pressure on Pittsburgh we will win. They are the only team I think can beat us unless we play the Titans and Henry goes for 180. I dont care about the Bills,Dolphins,Ravens,Raiders or Browns.

lcarus
Is it just my imagination or is Sorenson becoming a liability?

Like yeah, he got that cupcake INT to end the game, but I swear I keep seeing this guy getting beat in coverage against TE's, and lately he hasn't been wrapping up either. I love the guy and his attitude, but lately I keep finding him on the wrong side of a bad beat.

I mean, he kind of always has been a liability from what I've been watching the last couple years. Although every once in a while he plays great and he does have a knack for making huge plays.

Titty Meat

Hes def a faggot

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:50 PM
Hes def a pillowbitergot

But no longer the biggest faggot on his team.

Abram now wears the dildo crown.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:51 PM
Hes no doubt improved. Again it the defense plays like this against Pittsburgh in the playoffs they can beat us. It the line plays like it did tonight and we are able to get some pressure on Pittsburgh we will win. They are the only team I think can beat us unless we play the Titans and Henry goes for 180. I dont care about the Bills,Dolphins,Ravens,Raiders or Browns.

That's what I'm saying, though.

The Steelers and what they do on offense isn't the same matchup. The defense won't play like "this" against the Steelers because they don't matchup the way the Raiders do.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:51 PM
The Titans have one of the worst defenses in the league. The Ravens is their one quality win, in terms of offensive DVOA.

I dont even know what DVOA is and I dont care. You are doing alot of pretending if you dont think the Titans or Ravens are playoff teams.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:52 PM
But no longer the biggest pillowbitergot on his team.

Abram now wears the dildo crown.

Agreed hes a better Jhalil Adade or however you spell that guys name

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:53 PM
I dont even know what DVOA is and I dont care. You are doing alot of pretending if you dont think the Titans or Ravens are playoff teams.

DVOA is basically a way to judge offensive and defensive efficiency against the strength of their opponents.

Of course the Titans and Ravens are playoff teams.

However, the Titans defense is AWFUL. The Steelers have faced a tremendously easy schedule offensively, it's really not disputable.

staylor26

The Titans look like a WC team at best this year. The Colts are better than them.

They’re a playoff team, but not as good as people think or make them out to be.

TEX
That's 2 games in a row they really didn't do a ****ing thing. Carr had all ****ing night to throw. Guys are dropping shoulders and not wrapping up. YAC is killing us. Receivers are running wide open.

I will give them some credit in that I thought they stopped the run fairly well against the Raiders.

No pass rush
No tackling
No attitude

WTF?

They suck...

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:54 PM
The Titans look like a WC team at best this year. The Colts are better than them.

They’re a playoff team, but not as good as people think or make them out to be.

Because their defense is as bad as the 2018 Chiefs only with zero pass rush.

Chris Meck
That's what I'm saying, though.

The Steelers and what they do on offense isn't the same matchup. The defense won't play like "this" against the Steelers because they don't matchup the way the Raiders do.

It's hard to say because unlike the Raiders, the Steelers haven't really played anybody.

RealSNR
Hes def a pillowbitergot

Who would you rather prison rape? Derek Carr or Jonathan Abram?

staylor26
Because their defense is as bad as the 2018 Chiefs only with zero pass rush.

And when your defense is that bad and your entire offense revolves around a RB, it’s a bad combination. They’re basically the Ravens with a bad defense and a QB that’s a little more capable of making plays from the pocket.

staylor26
11-22-2020, 11:55 PM

Abram for sure.

I seriously fucking hate that guy.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 11:56 PM
It's hard to say because unlike the Raiders, the Steelers haven't really played anybody.

They've played 2 teams - two - with defenses in the top 15. Denver and Baltimore.

That's it.

Titty Meat
11-22-2020, 11:57 PM

Carr only cuz I'm more attracted to white dudes but if you're asking who I'd rather have rape me? Abraham easily because I bet that's once of a generation kind of cock.

TEX
11-22-2020, 11:58 PM

I think that he thinks he's a pirate.

Valiant
11-22-2020, 11:59 PM

I think they are built to be against us. But our defense is not adjusting. The only difference really is the secondary was not as bad. Our front seven are having the same problems and it is coaching and leadership mishaps. Saying that, as long as they show up in playoffs I dont care.

1. Our front four are not getting pressure with knockdowns let alone sacks or tfl.
2. The blitz is not working and telegraphed.
3. Bad tackling and letting them run to you for stops. We are bad at wrapping up.

I think we need to do better at disguising defense and only sending 3 and 4.

I think we need Suggs again for the fire.

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 12:00 AM
I think they are built to be against us. But our defense is not adjusting. The only difference really is the secondary was not as bad. Our front seven are having the same problems and it is coaching and leadership mishaps. Saying that, as long as they show up in playoffs I dont care.

1. Our front four are not getting pressure with knockdowns let alone sacks or tfl.
2. The blitz is not working and telegraphed.
3. Bad tackling and letting them run to you for stops. We are bad at wrapping up.

I think we need to do better at disguising defense and only sending 3 and 4.

I think we need Suggs again for the fire.

The Raiders passing game is obviously an issue. At least they didn't give up any huge bombs this game. They did hold the Raiders to just 3.6 ypc, even better than last game. That's something considering the Raiders are such a good running team and the Chiefs can't stop the run.

gold_and_red
11-23-2020, 12:02 AM
The Raiders offense didn’t look this good against other teams who don’t have elite Ds on paper. Our LBs are atrocious but Gruden’s Chiefs hate permeates to their offense so maybe they are more fired up against us.

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 12:03 AM
The Raiders offense didn’t look this good against other teams who don’t have elite Ds on paper. Our LBs are atrocious but Gruden’s Chiefs hate permeates to their offense so maybe they are more fired up against us.

That's simply not true.

The Saints have a top 5 defense and the Raiders dropped 34 on them.

They also put 37 on the Broncos, who are ranked 10th.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:04 AM

We are his/their SB and where their focus is 24/7.

It’s really can’t be said enough. They’ve definitely gotten our attention though, and I’m sure we’d be better for it if we have to play them again in the playoffs.

Pushead2
11-23-2020, 12:05 AM
Our linebackers are terrible and it's painful to watch.

OKchiefs
11-23-2020, 12:06 AM
Our linebackers are terrible and it's painful to watch.

Been terrible for years but nothing is done about it

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:07 AM

Yea except for the fucking fact that they took a LB in the 2nd fucking round this past year.

I guess it’s doesn’t count because he’s not an All-Pro yet though, right?

You’re one stupid whiny fucking bitch.

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 12:07 AM
They play a ton of nickel defense.

And they've done nothing about it? They have a 2nd round pick in Willie Gay that needs to develop.

You guys spend way too much time watching linebackers. It's not 1995 anymore.

Chris Meck
11-23-2020, 12:08 AM

that's not true.

We just spent a #2 on it. Last year we brought in two FA's. The year before we brought in one.

I still think Gay will work out.

The others don't appear to have, but it's not for lack of trying.

Titty Meat
11-23-2020, 12:08 AM
Anyway I'll take the Chiefs over anyone but since winning the Super Bowl I've found it hard to care as much about regular season games. It was nice to get pumped for this game and I like that the rivalry is back on. This is already a great team and theres still another dimension we havent see from guys like Jones and Clark which I'm confident we will in the post season. We good.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:10 AM
The best thing that can happen to this defense is people doubting them and disrespecting them.

They play better with a chip on their shoulder and I don’t think that chip has been there since week 3.

gold_and_red
11-23-2020, 12:10 AM
That's simply not true.

The Saints have a top 5 defense and the Raiders dropped 34 on them.

They also put 37 on the Broncos, who are ranked 10th.

But not so good against Buffalo, Tampa and Cleveland (although terribly windy). They do get extra amped for KC and Gruden has to a degree coached out Carr’s bad tendencies.

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 12:13 AM
But not so good against Buffalo, Tampa and Cleveland (although terribly windy). They do get extra amped for KC and Gruden has to a degree coached out Carr’s bad tendencies.

Carr had 284 yards and 2 TD's against Tampa. They closed to within 4 to start the 4th quarter and then the defense collapsed.

Megatron96
11-23-2020, 12:14 AM
This was the first game in about a year where I felt like the defense never got squared away for an entire game. They had a couple series where they played better, but even then it was really just a couple players that got right for a snap or two.

We expect a lot from this group, in spite of the fact that they're really like 5 really good players and a bunch of role players, but they've also played above their 'paper stats' for a long time now, so seeing them play as poorly as they did tonight is pretty tough.

But how they played tonight is not where they've been playing for the last 19 games, so I'm not going to worry about them for now.

They had a really bad game. Shit happens.

Moving on to Tampa Bay.

OKchiefs
11-23-2020, 12:15 AM
that's not true.

We just spent a #2 on it. Last year we brought in two FA's. The year before we brought in one.

I still think Gay will work out.

The others don't appear to have, but it's not for lack of trying.

Okay, correction. The team has no clue how to find a decent linebacker.

OKchiefs

Yea except for the ****ing fact that they took a LB in the 2nd ****ing round this past year.

I guess it’s doesn’t count because he’s not an All-Pro yet though, right?

You’re one stupid whiny ****ing bitch.

Shut up pussy

Titty Meat
It's a huge stretch to shit on a 2nd round LB who had no off season and write him off.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:17 AM
Shut up pussy

I’m the pussy? LMAO

All you do is bitch bitch bitch. Is there a more feminine trait for a man to have? It even beats sucking dick. You’re the definition of a pussy.

srvy
11-23-2020, 12:17 AM
When is Khalen Saunders due back or is he gone for the year?

Chris Meck
11-23-2020, 12:18 AM
anyway.

The run defense was a bit better this time. Not great, but not bad. Coverage was a problem.

Hopefully getting Sneed back in the flow will help. It would be nice if Thornhill started being the guy he was late last season before the injury. Less Sorensen would be a good thing. Gay needs to develop so we can get Niemann out of there.

And maybe Baker can be useful at some point soon. There's talent there.

OKchiefs
11-23-2020, 12:18 AM
It's a huge stretch to shit on a 2nd round LB who had no off season and write him off.

I'm personally not shitting on him. When the team is pinning their hopes at linebacker on an extremely raw rookie with no off-season, that's on the front office for doing fuck all to adequately address the position prior to this year.

OKchiefs
11-23-2020, 12:19 AM

He's been a healthy scratch for a while now

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:20 AM
I'm personally not shitting on him. When the team is pinning their hopes at linebacker on an extremely raw rookie with no off-season, that's on the front office for doing fuck all to adequately address the position prior to this year.

Every. Team. Has. Holes. Moron.

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 12:21 AM
anyway.

The run defense was a bit better this time. Not great, but not bad. Coverage was a problem.

Hopefully getting Sneed back in the flow will help. It would be nice if Thornhill started being the guy he was late last season before the injury. Less Sorensen would be a good thing. Gay needs to develop so we can get Niemann out of there.

And maybe Baker can be useful at some point soon. There's talent there.

I'd say holding the Raiders to 3.6 ypc as a team is borderline great run defense.

Chris Meck
11-23-2020, 12:21 AM
Every. Team. Has. Holes. Moron.

honestly, I think Sorensen is the biggest single liability.

That one play a game he makes does not make up for all the terrible tackling and complete inability to cover.

Niemann's pretty bad too, but damn.

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 12:23 AM

It only took one post for you to go right back to "they haven't done anything".

They have. Go look at the FA signings over the last 3 years.

New World Order
11-23-2020, 12:24 AM
The defense isn't good. It isn't bad. It is what it is...

If we're fully healthy on offense though I think the d is still good enough for us to repeat.

Megatron96
11-23-2020, 12:25 AM

Think he's actually 'healthy.' But I think they've been keeping him as inactive for whatever reasons. Maybe so they can look at some other guys, or maybe they just feel like the best option is to keep him inactive for now so he can heal up a little more. Whatever their reasons are, it's not about him being too injured to play.

OKchiefs
11-23-2020, 12:25 AM

The operative word there was "adequately".

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:26 AM

The goalpost has been moved to “yea but they still didn’t do anything because they’re relying on a raw rookie” even though they’re 9-1 and that rookie is getting several more games of experience before the playoffs.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:28 AM
The operative word there was "adequately".

They won a SB with the group they had last year and added a very high upside guy. They’re 9-1.

Take your “operative word” and shove it up your gaping asshole.

Chris Meck
11-23-2020, 12:29 AM
The goalpost has been moved to “yea but they still didn’t do anything because they’re relying on a raw rookie” even though they’re 9-1 and that rookie is getting several more games of experience before the playoffs.

some people don't know how to express frustration without hyperbole.

It IS frustrating.

It's also a fact that it's a work in progress. There are young'uns being worked in. We're so good at so many things all over the place.

LB's still a problem.

And I still say Sorensen is the weakest link.

lcarus
11-23-2020, 12:35 AM
some people don't know how to express frustration without hyperbole.

It IS frustrating.

It's also a fact that it's a work in progress. There are young'uns being worked in. We're so good at so many things all over the place.

LB's still a problem.

And I still say Sorensen is the weakest link.

This. And the defense stunk like this last season too but started getting their shit together around week 11. Hopefully the same thing happens this year.

T-post Tom
11-23-2020, 01:02 AM
This. And the defense stunk like this last season too but started getting their shit together around week 11. Hopefully the same thing happens this year.

Thornhill is being eased in with limited reps. He’ll play more & more each week, barring any setbacks. Gay is getting more reps. Okafor will add depth in the rotation as he returns. Wharton is emerging. There is hope for this defense to get much better by the post season.

lcarus
11-23-2020, 01:07 AM
Thornhill is being eased in with limited reps. He’ll play more & more each week, barring any setbacks. Gay is getting more reps. Okafor will add depth in the rotation as he returns. Wharton is emerging. There is hope for this defense to get much better by the post season.

I don't know what's up with Thornhill because at the start of the season he was a starter playing most snaps. Did he get injured again and now they're working him back into the fold? If so I missed that. Because it seems like he's just playing less and less each week.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 01:13 AM
I don't know what's up with Thornhill because at the start of the season he was a starter playing most snaps. Did he get injured again and now they're working him back into the fold? If so I missed that. Because it seems like he's just playing less and less each week.

He’s still not even a year removed from his ACL surgery.

Andy said after the game that they’re bringing him along slowly.

mnchiefsguy
11-23-2020, 01:49 AM
At the end of the day if you told us we would be 9-1 with the defense only giving up 40 points once and being in the top ten in avg points allowed we would all be happy with that result.

The Faiders have structured their team to be a bad matchup for us. We will make adjustments to counter that. Andy's priority is always winning the division first. The Faiders have played well on offense, but they have not done anything defensively to really stop us. Their only hope is to win a shootout.

Scoring is up this year--you can name your reason (no training camp, less practice, COVID, etc.)---there is no elite defense in the league this year--and I think that bodes well for us.

KC_Connection
11-23-2020, 03:15 AM
No pressure on Carr all game. Not the first time this season something similar has happened too. Defense is average at best and that's just the way it's going to be it seems.

The hope is that Mahomes is enough to overcome that. He almost certainly is.

RaidersOftheCellar
11-23-2020, 03:52 AM
Raiders are a top 5 offense.

Doesn’t matter. This is supposed to be a quality defense and it was like they weren’t on the field. They literally made no plays outside of stuffing the run a few times.

FAH-Q
11-23-2020, 04:57 AM
What concerns me is the level of improvement the Raiders have shown over last year vs. our defense. It’s not like we’ve had this scheme in place for years. Spags has been here less than two years and the Raiders obviously have figured out how to attack our defense. Ruggs was a non-factor for whatever reason, but he is another dimension they have added to compete with our team. Not to mention, their offensive line just dominates our guys up front. Coming off a bye, expecting a much improved intensity from our guys, we managed to pull out a victory in another defensive performance that had me concerned vs. the Panthers before the bye week. Yes, the Raiders are a poor matchup for us as every team in this division has focused solely on building their team to beat Mahomes. Hell, the Charges give us all we can handle as well. But damn, as others have stated, I in no way want to see them in the playoffs. Carr is extremely confident in the scheme Gruden has put together and Gruden has figured out how to get the most out of a QB some predicted he'd get rid of. And Waller is a matchup nightmare. I don't know if there's any defender who could shut him down, but we certainly need a better defensive game plan against the Raiders - hell, maybe we just don't have the athletes to execute.

Even more concerning is our lack of consistent pressure against most teams. Even when we blitz, we seem to have a knack for running directly into blockers. This puts our DBs in a very precarious situation.

Coochie liquor
11-23-2020, 06:12 AM

Actually it’s pretty close. Between Stoolers and Chiefs (this was week of the bye)

Chiefs opponents record before this week 33-50 before Faders game 34-30 rest of the season.

Stoolers opponents record before the Jags game 35-46-2 from Jags game til end of season 30-33-1

Chiefs 67-80
Pit 66-79-3

Now if you wanna talk air miles that’s a different convo. Stoolers have second least in the league at 6600 Chiefs have over 15k.

PAChiefsGuy
11-23-2020, 06:30 AM
No pass rush. Can rarely get to the QB quickly unless we blitz. That's the main issue I see. Run D def needs some improvement as well.

What concerns me is the level of improvement the Raiders have shown over last year vs. our defense. It’s not like we’ve had this scheme in place for years. Spags has been here less than two years and the Raiders obviously have figured out how to attack our defense. Ruggs was a non-factor for whatever reason, but he is another dimension they have added to compete with our team. Not to mention, their offensive line just dominates our guys up front. Coming off a bye, expecting a much improved intensity from our guys, we managed to pull out a victory in another defensive performance that had me concerned vs. the Panthers before the bye week. Yes, the Raiders are a poor matchup for us as every team in this division has focused solely on building their team to beat Mahomes. Hell, the Charges give us all we can handle as well. But damn, as others have stated, I in no way want to see them in the playoffs. Carr is extremely confident in the scheme Gruden has put together and Gruden has figured out how to get the most out of a QB some predicted he'd get rid of. And Waller is a matchup nightmare. I don't know if there's any defender who could shut him down, but we certainly need a better defensive game plan against the Raiders - hell, maybe we just don't have the athletes to execute.

Even more concerning is our lack of consistent pressure against most teams. Even when we blitz, we seem to have a knack for running directly into blockers. This puts our DBs in a very precarious situation.

True and other teams coaches are going to notice Raiders play us tough and copy what they do so expect to see more of it. Obviously not every team have Raiders personnel but our D better get their shit together quickly otherwise expect a lot of shootouts and Mahomes is going to have little room for error.

The other point you made, yeah I don't think Spags has the players to stop Raiders. Our LBs are below average, or CBs are as well, dline is struggling. Our safeties are good but as much as I love Honey Badger there is only so much he can do it takes a team effort on D.

I mean we don't have many matchups where we can say - 'Yeah Spags can really take advantage of that and shut Raiders down!"

Red Dawg
11-23-2020, 06:47 AM
Defense sucks. 200 mil on the DL has equated to squat. Pass rush has gone bye bye.

Red Dawg
11-23-2020, 07:09 AM
I hate our LBs and have for years. We need a stud in the middle and have not even made an effort to find one.

Kman34
11-23-2020, 07:12 AM
At the end of the day if you told us we would be 9-1 with the defense only giving up 40 points once and being in the top ten in avg points allowed we would all be happy with that result.

The Faiders have structured their team to be a bad matchup for us. We will make adjustments to counter that. Andy's priority is always winning the division first. The Faiders have played well on offense, but they have not done anything defensively to really stop us. Their only hope is to win a shootout.

Scoring is up this year--you can name your reason (no training camp, less practice, COVID, etc.)---there is no elite defense in the league this year--and I think that bodes well for us.

Level headed post..