PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chris Jones goes after Sneed

Deberg_1990
11-23-2020, 12:36 AM
What was this about?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones appears to be pissed at rookie DB L&#39;Jarius Sneed after Darren Waller&#39;s wide-open TD. <a href="https://t.co/caHldXhYRS">pic.twitter.com/caHldXhYRS</a></p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1330717638679552000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New World Order
11-23-2020, 12:37 AM
Take some of that rage out on the Raiders Oline

carcosa
11-23-2020, 12:38 AM
Gotta teach the younguns about accountability

Hammock Parties
He posted a dumb thread on CP.

staylor26
Seemed like Jones was just fired up, but I think Sneed was arguing with somebody else (probably Tyrann or another DB) and he was moreso mediating.

Actually, I’d be willing to bet that’s exactly what happened.

ROYC75
11-23-2020, 12:39 AM
Well to be fair here, Jones fucks up enough too!

Players are human, not machines Chris!

CasselGotPeedOn
11-23-2020, 12:39 AM
I don't remember Jones doing shit

Spott
11-23-2020, 12:40 AM
Sneed was overheard saying that we should have drafted Watson.

Halfcan
11-23-2020, 12:43 AM
Jones had another big penalty to keep a drive alive this game.

Jones, Clark and Honey Badger all played terribly.

Easy 6
11-23-2020, 12:44 AM

Me neither

Strongside
11-23-2020, 12:45 AM
Was a frustrating night on that side of the ball. I'm sure they felt it just like the fans did.

This might have been Mathieu's worst game as a Chief.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:47 AM
Was a frustrating night on that side of the ball. I'm sure they felt it just like the fans did.

Oh no question it was his worst.

He alluded to being sick or something in his tweet after the game. I wonder what was up because he seemed totally off and a step late the entire game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-23-2020, 12:47 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Damn I felt like shit out there my boys came thru for me though. Nothing is easy in this league. On to the next.</p>&mdash; Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) <a href="https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/1330733056353701888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

srvy
11-23-2020, 12:48 AM

I think so and he was off to in the previous Faid game.

RealSNR
11-23-2020, 12:52 AM
Jones should probably be yelling at Frank Clark.

Yeah, I’m on his ass again. Too many “they’ll play big when the playoffs roll around!” guys on this team.

Clark is getting paid to play well RIGHT NOW. Is he still hurt or some shit? If he is are we gonna have to put up with this nonsense with him every goddamn regular season?

CoMoChief
11-23-2020, 12:52 AM
DL needs a fucking ass chewing after this game.

Glad the Chiefs won ultimately...thanks to Mahomes/Kelce, but that DL performance was fucking pathetic. Secondary wasn't much better.

Open field tackling is still fucking god damn awful.

This was after a bye week.....and the Raiders had half of their squad not even practicing this week and almost put a clown suit on the Chiefs again.

kjwood75nro
11-23-2020, 12:55 AM
Talking shit is nice, but any toddler can do that.

How about show up and at least pretend like you're playing for millions of dollars.

Jones, at least pretend like you know what run defense is.

Clark, earn your keep as a...well, fucking anything on the front line.

Mathieu...when Honey Badger don't give a fuck...he's not talking about tackling. Do something with the same passion that you talk shit. At least Sorensen gets a pick once in awhile, fuck...

The time has come for real accountability. Last season was the Titans' loss. What will it be this year?

Cosmos
11-23-2020, 12:59 AM

This....

He was invisible up to that point in the game, then he proceeded to be offsides 2x in one drive.

Saw him just standing at the LOS and not giving HIS all more than once.

Sneed is a player tho....maybe he fucked up...but he gives effort every down....Chris.

suzzer99
11-23-2020, 01:00 AM
The D is frustrated and POed. Good.

Dante84
11-23-2020, 01:18 AM
I am curious to see when the all-22 footage comes out. I agree that Jones looked like he was mediating; you can see Sneed is staring down someone else in the distance. A coach? Another player?

Halfcan
11-23-2020, 01:19 AM
Jones is having a down year after getting a fat check. He can't help being double-teamed, but all his dumb penalties are on him.

Bl00dyBizkitz
11-23-2020, 01:20 AM
Defense is gonna have to get their shit together. Might mean getting in each others face about it. Or trying to fire other players up.

Whatever it is, hopefully it all works out by January.

ChiefsFanatic
11-23-2020, 01:23 AM
Seemed like Jones was just fired up, but I think Sneed was arguing with somebody else (probably Tyrann or another DB) and he was moreso mediating.

Actually, I’d be willing to bet that’s exactly what happened.I agree. I think Sneed had words with HB or Niemann, and Jones was being a leader, and telling the rookie to shut his mouth.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Wilson8
11-23-2020, 03:54 AM
Just before the sideline incident, TE Waller scored on a goal line Chiefs defense.

We had Frank Clark at right DE and Tanoh Kpassagnon at left DE.

Four defensive tackles in Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Mike Pennel, and Tershawn Wharton lined up on the inside.

We had three linebackers in Damien Wilson, Anthony Hitchens, and Ben Niemann.

We had also had Tyrann Mathieu and Daniel Sorensen in at safety.

We were completely expecting a run.

Waller came off the Raider's right side and crossed the middle with no one covering and caught the pass for a TD.

Ben Niemann and Anthony Hitchens were both covering the same man (Not Waller).

I assume Sneed, not being in during the play, said something like WTF to coaches and players.

He seemed to have some protection by Wharton and a hooded masked player with Chris Jones hopping over and saying a few words.

Hopefully they all talked and we play better against Tampa Bay.

Cosmos
11-23-2020, 04:11 AM
Just before the sideline incident, TE Waller scored on a goal line Chiefs defense.

Four defensive tackles in Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Mike Pennel, and Tershawn Wharton lined up on the inside.

Waller came off the Raider's right side and crossed the middle with no one covering and caught the pass for a TD.

I assume Sneed, not being in during the play, said something like WTF to coaches and players.

He seemed to have some protection by Wharton and a hooded masked player with Chris Jones hopping over and saying a few words.

Would like to have seen Sneed on Waller.

Maybe a package that included Sneed in place of Sorensen.

Sorensen struggling wrapping up again.

Wilson8
11-23-2020, 04:29 AM
I think the masked hooded player may have been BoPete Keyes since he was inactive for the game and would be friends with L'Jarius Sneed. I think he was just trying to protect Sneed.

Waller is a really good player and the Chiefs needed someone with speed to cover him.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-23-2020, 06:11 AM
I'd rather watch this shitty defense than read a deberg thread

PAChiefsGuy
11-23-2020, 06:21 AM

Well he overpursued on a couple running plays so there is that.

It's good to see leadership like that but sometimes you have to look in mirror I didn't think Jones played particularly well that game. Sneed isn't going to respect him coming at him if he is playing like shit too.

Red Dawg
11-23-2020, 06:52 AM
Defense can't tackle worth a shit and our 200 mil DL doesn't get to the QB anymore. Jones can suck it and so can Clark. They have not been worth squat this season.

Kman34
11-23-2020, 06:55 AM
Waller being wide open on several plays just doesn’t make sense to me.. That’s one guy on their offense that needs double covered..
Kind of like how Kelce is open all the time....:LOL:

kcclone
11-23-2020, 07:13 AM
Last night sucked but we’re 9-1.

All that really counts is for our D to hit their peak for the playoffs

TEX
11-23-2020, 07:14 AM
Defense can't tackle worth a shit and our 200 mil DL doesn't get to the QB anymore. Jones can suck it and so can Clark. They have not been worth squat this season.

They sure as hell haven't been good against the Raiders.

In58men
11-23-2020, 07:20 AM
Remember Kelce slightly pushed EB?

We’ll be fine

redfan
11-23-2020, 07:43 AM
Deberg concerns.

teedubya
11-23-2020, 07:53 AM
We played shitty and got the W in epic fashion. This isn't a Super Bowl caliber D, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RINGLEADER
11-23-2020, 08:04 AM
Waller being wide open on several plays just doesn’t make sense to me.. That’s one guy on their offense that needs double covered..
Kind of like how Kelce is open all the time....:LOL:

I don’t pretend to be a football guru who knows the intricacies of defensive plays and schemes but it seemed like every time we played zone Carr just ate us alive and when they were in man (to blitz or otherwise) we had some success. Not sure what the Raiders were doing to confuse the defense but whatever it was it worked.

RINGLEADER
11-23-2020, 08:05 AM
Last night sucked but we’re 9-1.

All that really counts is for our D to hit their peak for the playoffs

Truth and if not for the INT at the end of the first half we win by double digits.

rabblerouser
11-23-2020, 08:13 AM
We played shitty and got the W in epic fashion. This isn't a Super Bowl caliber D, though.

We didn't have a Super Bowl caliber defense at this time last year, neither?

O.city
11-23-2020, 08:26 AM
Everytime someone blows up with a “they can’t stop the run” take, point to this game. They’re normally very good vs the pass and shit vs the run.

Last night is a prime example of why it’s better that way. Teams wanna run the ball? Go for it. Stop the pass and stop them in the red zone

DanT
11-23-2020, 08:38 AM

This is a great post, Wilson8. I intended to give it a thumbs up, but I accidentally hit the thumbs down icon, and that somehow can't be corrected. Sorry about that.

Bwana
11-23-2020, 08:39 AM
We didn't have a Super Bowl caliber defense at this time last year, neither?

The shitty defense did a 180 when we brought in T-Sizzle last year. Nothing like that on the radar this year.

If they plan to go deep into the playoffs, or have a shot at making the Super Bowl, things on Defense need to improve. Right now they look like a bucket full of assholes.

TRR
11-23-2020, 08:54 AM
The shitty defense did a 180 when we brought in T-Sizzle last year. Nothing like that on the radar this year.

If they plan to go deep into the playoffs, or have a shot at making the Super Bowl, things on Defense need to improve. Right now they look like a bucket full of assholes.

The D started to turn the corner in Denver last year. Two months before Suggs was claimed off waivers. This D has all the personnel they need...but you’re right....it needs to improve quickly.

BigRedChief
11-23-2020, 08:55 AM

If they plan to go deep into the playoffs, or have a shot at making the Super Bowl, things on Defense need to improve. Right now they look like a bucket full of assholes.If they don't improve, and fast we are going to have a repeat of 2018. At some point in the playoffs, we are going to need to keep a team from driving 75 yards and out of the end zone or we will lose. We have seen this before. Dont care to see it again.;)

Dante84
11-23-2020, 09:00 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shut your ass up clown</p>&mdash; Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/StoneColdJones/status/1330885519455227905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 09:02 AM
The D started to turn the corner in Denver last year. Two months before Suggs was claimed off waivers. This D has all the personnel they need...but you’re right....it needs to improve quickly.

Exactly what I was going to say. Suggs was signed in mid-December. The defensive turnaround started weeks before he was signed.

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 09:03 AM
If they don't improve, and fast we are going to have a repeat of 2018. At some point in the playoffs, we are going to need to keep a team from driving 75 yards and out of the end zone or we will lose. We have seen this before. Dont care to see it again.;)

Yeah because the defense getting better after week 10 has never happened before. :rolleyes:

Always jump to 2018. Always.

Never remember 2019.

PAChiefsGuy
11-23-2020, 09:05 AM
Remember Kelce slightly pushed EB?

We’ll be fine

Yeah it's football. Emotions go wild sometimes. How many times has Brady screamed at his teammates?

Bwana
11-23-2020, 09:10 AM
Exactly what I was going to say. Suggs was signed in mid-December. The defensive turnaround started weeks before he was signed.

Did it improve before T-Siz showed up yes, but it had a completely different feel to it after he arrived. Lets hope the transformation happens again this year. Right now Jones and Clark are stealing a paycheck.

TEX
11-23-2020, 09:16 AM
Yeah because the defense getting better after week 10 has never happened before. :rolleyes:

Always jump to 2018. Always.

Never remember 2019.

Was just thinking about that. Remembered about this time last season KC was 6 -4 having just BLOWN the Titans game. The defense started improving after that game and never looked back. There's no reason to think KC cant improve on defense again this season...Defense as a whole is down across the league this season. IMO we can improve it enough for our offense to win games. That's what this team is built to do.

Mecca
11-23-2020, 09:31 AM
Tanoh has absolutely no explosion and he's not great against the run which kinda lends to the question what exactly is he good at?

loochy
11-23-2020, 09:36 AM
Tanoh has absolutely no explosion and he's not great against the run which kinda lends to the question what exactly is he good at?

He's not good at covering hall of fame tight ends, either

wazu
11-23-2020, 09:42 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Shut your ass up clown</p>&mdash; Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/StoneColdJones/status/1330885519455227905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Damn. Feels like Chris Jones has gone to the dark side, but his new Sith powers aren't as good as his Jedi powers were.

The Franchise
11-23-2020, 09:46 AM

Not a damn thing. We need to work on the defense this offseason. Niemann, Sorenson, Damien Wilson and KPass should all be gone.

Mecca
11-23-2020, 09:47 AM
Not a damn thing. We need to work on the defense this offseason. Niemann, Sorenson, Damien Wilson and KPass should all be gone.

Pretty certain the last 3 will be not sure about Niemann...some team is gonna give Sorenson enough money we'll probably get a good draft pick for him.

Beef Supreme
11-23-2020, 09:49 AM

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fjordzthebibliophile.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F06%2Fokay-then.gif%3Fw%3D760&f=1&nofb=1

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F-gHtr5ieTJy8%2FVuwvVN7mqPI%2FAAAAAAAAEKI%2FLFVfd6DW-TsT5D6HlP1pwBT3Pbsz8Ne1g%2Fs1600%2Fokthen.gif&f=1&nofb=1

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 09:56 AM
Did it improve before T-Siz showed up yes, but it had a completely different feel to it after he arrived. Lets hope the transformation happens again this year. Right now Jones and Clark are stealing a paycheck.

I see where you're coming from but it's selective memory.

Suggs played in 2 games and they surrendered 3 and 21 points respectively.

The 4 games prior (immediately after the Titans game to signing Suggs) - 17, 9, 16, and 3.

Mecca
11-23-2020, 09:57 AM
Suggs is basically the same player Kpass is at this point...

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 09:59 AM
Was just thinking about that. Remembered about this time last season KC was 6 -4 having just BLOWN the Titans game. The defense started improving after that game and never looked back. There's no reason to think KC cant improve on defense again this season...Defense as a whole is down across the league this season. IMO we can improve it enough for our offense to win games. That's what this team is built to do.

Yeah, this is important to keep in mind actually.

This article is from November 6th but the point is valid - 2020 is on pace to shatter dozens of offensive records.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-why-scoring-is-on-record-pace-in-2020-a-glimmer-of-hope-for-jets-week-9-picks-and-more/

KChiefs1
11-23-2020, 10:23 AM
I hope they play better vs Tom Brady next Sunday.

RunKC
11-23-2020, 10:24 AM
Pretty clear that Jones is projecting. He knows he played horribly and has to fix it.

Iowanian
11-23-2020, 10:50 AM
There are about 200M in 2 D linemen who aren't doing shit.....

Jones has no place to bitch at anyone this season...he hasn't shown up since he got paid and 55 appears to be saving himself for the playoffs.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 10:52 AM
I can’t believe how many people are missing the obvious that Jones wasn’t the one that was arguing with Sneed. He was clearly mediating.

Iowanian
11-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Doesn't really matter...the entire defense was uglier than Mark Davis' haircut last night.

R Clark
11-23-2020, 11:53 AM
Doesn't really matter...the entire defense was uglier than Mark Davis' haircut last night.

And that is about as ugly as it gets

CasselGotPeedOn
11-23-2020, 11:59 AM

What a fucking dumbass

Titty Meat
11-23-2020, 12:03 PM
Omg someone raised their voice!!!!

ChiefBlueCFC
11-23-2020, 12:05 PM
I really think they'll get their shit together. They have the leadership and Bob Sutton isn't running the gd defense anymore.

What is concerning to me is that Thornhill is now "a situational player." Hopefully that is just due to him coming back from his injury bc without him we have to rely on Sorensen way too much

CasselGotPeedOn
11-23-2020, 12:05 PM
These dipshits need to get off Twitter if they don't want to hear that they played like shit.

ModSocks
11-23-2020, 12:19 PM
What a fucking dumbass

Yup, im glad Chris Jones told that clown to STFU

Rain Man
11-23-2020, 12:22 PM
Was Jones yelling at Sneed or pumping him up? Jones doesn't seem like the yelling type.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 12:25 PM
Was Jones yelling at Sneed or pumping him up? Jones doesn't seem like the yelling type.

Look at Sneed and the direction where his eyes are. He was going at it with somebody else and it seems very obvious that Jones, while fired up, was mediating. It becomes even more obvious when you realize that like you said, Jones isn’t the type to go off on a teammate. My guess is it was Tyrann who Sneed was arguing with.

JohnnyHammersticks
11-23-2020, 12:34 PM

Either way it was the most energy he exerted all night.

If I had a million dollars for every time I saw Jones stand up and quit in the middle of a play last night I'd be as rich as he is.

GloryDayz
11-23-2020, 12:35 PM
What was this about?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones appears to be pissed at rookie DB L&#39;Jarius Sneed after Darren Waller&#39;s wide-open TD. <a href="https://t.co/caHldXhYRS">pic.twitter.com/caHldXhYRS</a></p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1330717638679552000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

While nobody on this D seems to be guilt-free, I think what we saw there is very much needed.

The D really isn't very strong; physically, emotionally, or from a maturity standpoint. The physical part is the part can be fixed, but not over night and that's a problem. Carr had a lot of time in a very comfortable pocket while PM had to resort to quick passes and rolling out. That tells me that the Chiefs don't have the muscle on either line to stop or push teams with big strong players.

The Raiders will remain a problem for a while. I'd say I'd hate to be Spags this morning, but I'm pretty sure they're not messing with him since they know he could just ask for CH and BV to provide some spendy weapons like the O enjoys, so he's probably just telling them A) "we won", B) the game ended with a defensive pickoff, and C) "we stopped them when we had to". So cock-blocking anybody from questioning his D.

Flying High D
11-23-2020, 12:43 PM
Might of been Sneed’s horse that HB got his teeth from.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-23-2020, 12:45 PM
Mixed with HB post game banter on Twitter last night I’m willing to bet Sneed was arguing with HB

KChiefs1
11-23-2020, 03:23 PM
I can’t believe how many people are missing the obvious that Jones wasn’t the one that was arguing with Sneed. He was clearly mediating.

Why don't you take your negativity to another forum...people are sick of your negative attitude moron!

dlphg9
11-23-2020, 03:30 PM
There are about 200M in 2 D linemen who aren't doing shit.....

Jones has no place to bitch at anyone this season...he hasn't shown up since he got paid and 55 appears to be saving himself for the playoffs.

Jones is 4th in QB pressures

Behind

TJ Watt - 37
Shaquil Barrett - 28
Brian Burns - 28
Chris Jones 27

That was before this week and Jones had only played 9 games and everyone else had 10 or 11.

OKchiefs
11-23-2020, 03:34 PM
Jones is 4th in QB pressures

Jones clearly didn't have a great game, and has had some stupid penalties lately, but he's one of the least of our problems on the DL and the defense overall. The problem is nobody else on the DL is doing anything, particularly Frank fucking Clark.

dlphg9
11-23-2020, 03:37 PM
Jones clearly didn't have a great game, and has had some stupid penalties lately, but he's one of the least of our problems on the DL and the defense overall. The problem is nobody else on the DL is doing anything, particularly Frank fucking Clark.

Everyone always has to lump Jones in with Frank Clark for some God damn reason.

Kiimo
11-23-2020, 03:42 PM
One of the reasons we like Sneed is he plays with an edge.

It was actually one of his red flags coming out of college so we're gonna live with it because it is useful when it comes time to tackle and this defense was honestly pretty soft last night.

Especially Matthieu and I love the guy. Just not his night

htismaqe
11-23-2020, 03:45 PM

It was actually one of his red flags coming out of college so we're gonna live with it because it is useful when it comes time to tackle and this defense was honestly pretty soft last night.

May have been an excuse or something but HB tweeted after the game that he felt like shit out there. Not sure if he was sick or what but he definitely had one of his worst games as a Chief.

BWillie
11-23-2020, 03:46 PM
How much did Sneed play last night? I didn't see him in much.

King_Chief_Fan
11-23-2020, 03:53 PM
Jones clearly didn't have a great game, and has had some stupid penalties lately, but he's one of the least of our problems on the DL and the defense overall. The problem is nobody else on the DL is doing anything, particularly Frank ****ing Clark.

I don't think Jones, Clark or Mathieu have been earning their huge salaries. Most of the money spent on D is between those 3.
The defense may keep the team from a repeat superbowl.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 03:54 PM

I was pounding the table for Sneed long before anybody on CP even knew who he was. I have no clue what you’re referring to.

dlphg9
11-23-2020, 04:01 PM
I don't think Jones, Clark or Mathieu have been earning their huge salaries. Most of the money spent on D is between those 3.
The defense may keep the team from a repeat superbowl.

Jones was 4th in the entire NFL in QB Pressures playing in at least 1 fewer game than the 3 in front of him. He's already tied his total for last year and after last night he's exceeded it.

TomBarndtsTwin
11-23-2020, 04:01 PM
Jones should probably be yelling at Frank Clark.

Yeah, I’m on his ass again. Too many “they’ll play big when the playoffs roll around!” guys on this team.

Clark is getting paid to play well RIGHT NOW. Is he still hurt or some shit? If he is are we gonna have to put up with this nonsense with him every goddamn regular season?

Meh.

If he shows up in the post-season every year like he did last year, I don't know that I'm too concerned about whether we go 11-5, 12-4, 14-2, whatever.

It's all about rings and trophys at this point. Nothing else matters. Don't care about pissing away a couple regular season games as long as these guys are all ready to go come playoff time. THAT's when it matters.

If he wants to take a few plays (or a game off) once in a while. Meh.

Just take care of your shit in the post-season.

Now, that being said, the first time we get an early exit from the playoffs because of this Jones, Clark, Watkins shit, you'll hear me bitch and bitch loudly.

But until then . . . . . . . . . . . meh.

scho63
11-23-2020, 04:05 PM
Our defense looked like a bunch of broke dicks for 95% of the game.

JakeF
11-23-2020, 04:19 PM
Chris Jones has no room to talk. He game impact has disappeared.

He did almost nothing in the Raider's game. Except a big offside penalty that is.

GloryDayz
11-23-2020, 04:19 PM
Our defense looked like were a bunch of broke dicks for 95% of the game.

Fixed.

mililo4cpa
11-23-2020, 04:29 PM
I'd be more concerned if they weren't mad last night.....it's football: It's an emotional game, and when units as a whole aren't playing well, they're going to get frustrated and people are going to call other people out, and (as is the case with most everyone), I'd guess Jones was just as pissed about his own play even moreso than everyone else.

I'd also bet good money that once the game was over, they bro hugged it out in the locker room (or whatever the Covid equivalent to that is now) and all was good, particularly since they won the game.

When you have a bunch of alpha dudes fighting together in the trenches, it's sometimes going to get ugly....

dlphg9
11-23-2020, 04:45 PM

He did almost nothing in the Raider's game. Except a big offside penalty that is.

He had 2 QB pressures that I remember. Plus you're a fucking retard Jake

Easy 6
11-23-2020, 04:50 PM
Whatever it is that transpired between them, or didn't, I fully expect last night to be the alarm bell that side of the ball desperately needed going down the stretch

Its perfectly fair to recognize that Vegas likely has the best O line in the biz, but the absolute stonewall job they put on us cannot be repeated... by them or anyone else

WhiteWhale
11-23-2020, 06:38 PM
After week 11 last year all of you idiots were blaming chris jones for everything wrong with the defense.

Geezus christ.

staylor26
11-23-2020, 06:40 PM
Whatever it is that transpired between them, or didn't, I fully expect last night to be the alarm bell that side of the ball desperately needed going down the stretch

Its perfectly fair to recognize that Vegas likely has the best O line in the biz, but the absolute stonewall job they put on us cannot be repeated... by them or anyone else

Nothing like a wake-up call that didn’t cost you an L...

Easy 6
11-23-2020, 06:46 PM

True, but with any other QB we likely lose for lack of up front pressure

PAChiefsGuy
11-23-2020, 06:47 PM

I actually thumbed up one of your posts. Hard to believe I agree with a moron like you. :clap:

staylor26
11-23-2020, 06:56 PM
I actually thumbed up one of your posts. Hard to believe I agree with a moron like you. :clap:

Congrats on being right for once!

staylor26
11-23-2020, 06:57 PM
True, but with any other QB we likely lose for lack of up front pressure

No, I agree, I’m just saying it’s nice that unlike the Titans game last year, we didn’t have to lose to have it.

POND_OF_RED
11-23-2020, 08:05 PM
Sorensen struggling wrapping up again.

You bite your tongue. Dirty Dan wraps it all up when he damn well needs to.

Dante84
11-23-2020, 08:47 PM
Did this not show up in the All22? Surprised no one has shared the full video yet

Why Not?
11-23-2020, 08:51 PM
Either way it was the most energy he exerted all night.

If I had a million dollars for every time I saw Jones stand up and quit in the middle of a play last night I'd be as rich as he is.

But if you had to give back a million for every play he made that helped win us a Super Bowl, you’d be as broke as you are now.

poolboy
11-23-2020, 10:19 PM
Carr > Brady...right now

Megatron96
11-24-2020, 01:45 AM
Carr > Brady...right now

I would accept that as a truism. Carr might be the 2nd-best QB in the AFC. And Brady . . . isn't in the top 10. Maybe not the top 15.

In58men
11-24-2020, 07:05 AM
Anybody else notice Jones “walking” a lot during plays?

Dude was literally just standing still.

kysirsoze
11-24-2020, 07:20 AM

You mean the offsides penalty where he wasn't offsides?

TRR
11-24-2020, 07:56 AM

This was in every scouting report on Jones coming out of college. This, and his mediocre play in the run game. It’s tolerable when he’s getting pressure/sacks on the QB. Much more noticeable when he is not.

Cosmos
11-24-2020, 08:32 AM
I'd be more concerned if they weren't mad last night.....it's football: It's an emotional game, and when units as a whole aren't playing well, they're going to get frustrated and people are going to call other people out, and (as is the case with most everyone), I'd guess Jones was just as pissed about his own play even moreso than everyone else.

I'd also bet good money that once the game was over, they bro hugged it out in the locker room (or whatever the Covid equivalent to that is now) and all was good, particularly since they won the game.

When you have a bunch of alpha dudes fighting together in the trenches, it's sometimes going to get ugly....

I’m counting on Jones,Clark,Wharton and crew to get after Brady.....or it’s going to be a long day...and a whole lot of bitching.

KChiefs1
11-24-2020, 08:50 AM

Watch him on the last Raiders TD to Witten.

In58men
11-24-2020, 09:00 AM
Watch him on the last Raiders TD to Witten.

No effort at all

TRR
11-24-2020, 09:12 AM
No effort at all

I’m actually alright with that play. There are other plays much worse...plays in which he could have made a play/forced a fumble if the effort was there.

More specifically. Watch the last few plays of the first quarter, particularly the snap with about 39 seconds on the clock. The next one is about as bad with 2 seconds left. It’s the first quarter. You can’t be tired yet. Doesn’t even get off the line of scrimmage.

Hoover
11-24-2020, 09:28 AM
I actually thought K-Pass's defensive coverage on the play was pretty damn good for a DE.

ChiefsFanatic
11-24-2020, 11:36 AM

Dude was literally just standing still.Jones usually quits giving effort when the ball clears the LOS, or when the running play is away from him and the running back is already 5 yards past the LOS. For the most part, I don't have a problem with it, because he isn't wasting energy on a play he most likely can't make.

I actually thought K-Pass's defensive coverage on the play was pretty damn good for a DE.

It really was good coverage, and he almost broke up the play. But, I would prefer our defensive ends not drop back into man to man coverage on the goal line, or anywhere else on the field. I have no problem with them dropping back into a short zone on blitzes or whatever, trying to catch the QB off-guard, baiting him into quickly making a bad decision, but covering a HOF tight end will never have a favorable outcome.

Megatron96
11-24-2020, 12:00 PM

Yeah, considering he's a DE, I thought he defensed Witten rather well right there. Had him covered for about 5.5 seconds before Witten finally uncovered. Not going to blame him for allowing Witten to get open after about 6 seconds.

Megatron96
11-24-2020, 12:01 PM
After watching the clip, I don't think Jones was yelling at Snead. Snead's not paying Jones hardly any attention at all.

Shoes
11-24-2020, 12:29 PM

100%- anyone expecting more out of a defensive lineman isn't being realistic. Kpass had solid coverage for ~ 5 seconds?

FloridaMan88
11-24-2020, 02:40 PM
Jones just needs to channel all of this emotion towards his play on the field on a more consistent basis.

JakeF
11-24-2020, 02:42 PM
100%- anyone expecting more out of a defensive lineman isn't being realistic. Kpass had solid coverage for ~ 5 seconds?
I noticed that too. They scored a touchdown but Kpass worked his ass off in coverage on that play. He covered at least 3 cuts before a good throw completed a pass. Kpass is really athletic, I wonder if he would be better at LB than Niemann. :D

Kman34
11-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Yeah, considering he's a DE, I thought he defensed Witten rather well right there. Had him covered for about 5.5 seconds before Witten finally uncovered. Not going to blame him for allowing Witten to get open after about 6 seconds.

He even got some fingers on the ball.. an inch away from knocking that down..

JakeF
11-24-2020, 02:46 PM
It really was good coverage, and he almost broke up the play. But, I would prefer our defensive ends not drop back into man to man coverage on the goal line, or anywhere else on the field. I have no problem with them dropping back into a short zone on blitzes or whatever, trying to catch the QB off-guard, baiting him into quickly making a bad decision, but covering a HOF tight end will never have a favorable outcome.

The problem wasn't Kpass dropping in coverage. It was the fact that we didn't get any pressure on Carr that entire time. If we get any penetration and force Carr to throw the pass earlier Kpass probably gets the job done.

Rain Man
11-24-2020, 02:48 PM

The guy can obviously dominate when he bursts, but I'll admit that I watched one play where it stood out to me that he was sleepwalking. I was pretty surprised to see it since he usually doesn't do that.

JohnnyHammersticks
11-24-2020, 04:59 PM
But if you had to give back a million for every play he made that helped win us a Super Bowl, you’d be as broke as you are now.

I almost said "guess it's lucky for me that your mom gives it away free", but then I decided to just let it slide.

R Clark
11-24-2020, 06:34 PM
I’m actually alright with that play. There are other plays much worse...plays in which he could have made a play/forced a fumble if the effort was there.

More specifically. Watch the last few plays of the first quarter, particularly the snap with about 39 seconds on the clock. The next one is about as bad with 2 seconds left. It’s the first quarter. You can’t be tired yet. Doesn’t even get off the line of scrimmage.

He needs a boot in his ass from time to time. I don’t remember this being an issue in yrs past ?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-24-2020, 06:39 PM
At least one player missed practice with stomach issues last week. Was HD sick also? It is flu season

R Clark
11-24-2020, 06:41 PM
HB? He mentioned something about sick but I thought it was concerning his play