PDA

View Full Version : Football Niners vs Covid

Hydrae
11-28-2020, 07:10 PM
I think the NFL season is about done.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/new-santa-clara-county-covid-health-order-leaves-49ers-without-home/

New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
BAY AREA
by: Tristi Rodriguez

Posted: Nov 28, 2020 / 03:37 PM PST / Updated: Nov 28, 2020 / 03:37 PM PST
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KRON) — The San Francisco 49ers and other Bay Area sports teams are left without a home after Santa Clara County announced revisions to its coronavirus guidelines.

The new order prohibits contact sports including professional, college, and youth sports for three weeks. This affects the Niners, the Stanford Cardinals and the San Jose State Spartans.

“All recreational activities that involve physical contact or close proximity to persons outside one’s household, including all contact sports, will be temporarily prohibited,” the order said. “People can continue to engage in outdoor athletics and recreation where social distancing can be maintained at all times.”

The 49ers currently have two home games scheduled within the three-week period: Dec. 7 against the Buffalo Bills and Dec. 13 against the Washington Football Team.

The organization must now find a new place to host their home games, along with a new place to practice.

San Francisco released a brief statement Saturday following the announcement.

“We are aware of the Santa Clara County Public Health Department’s emergency directive. We are working with the NFL and our partners on operational plans and will share details as they are confirmed,” the statement read.

County officials said they are seeing the highest case rate than any other county in the Bay Area, which is why they’re adding these restrictions.

The new health orders also reduce the indoor capacity of all stores to 10%, grocery & pharmacy to 25%, and outdoor gatherings are limited to 100 people.

Additionally, people must quarantine for 14 days after traveling more than 150 miles before returning to the county.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-28-2020, 07:15 PM
Bunk with the Raiders ROFL

Cntrygal
11-28-2020, 07:19 PM
Why couldn't they use the old Raiders stadium across the Bay?

Halfcan
11-28-2020, 07:24 PM
California Commies showing what this Covid panic is really about.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-28-2020, 07:24 PM
Why couldn't they use the old Raiders stadium across the Bay?

Raider & 49ers fans must cross paths. Oakland would have another reason to riot

Cntrygal
11-28-2020, 07:26 PM
Raider & 49ers fans must cross paths.

:doh!:

RunKC
11-28-2020, 07:26 PM
This is fucking stupid. These guys have tests every day as well as constant contact tracing.

NFL players are safer than the public by a huge margin.

Halfcan
11-28-2020, 07:27 PM
County officials said they are seeing the highest case rate than any other county in the Bay Area, which is why they’re adding these restrictions.

I guess the homeless hoards in the San Fran area are Not social distancing?

lcarus
11-28-2020, 07:33 PM
This shit is never gonna end is it. Even if the majority of the public is vaccinated and the vaccine actually works well, there will be a new virus. Welcome to life now I guess.....

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2020, 07:34 PM
Off to Arizona or Texas the 49ers will go.

RealSNR
11-28-2020, 07:37 PM
I’ll believe it’s the end of the season when I see it.

Not happening

staylor26
11-28-2020, 07:37 PM
“NFL season is about done”?

LMAO :facepalm:

OP is a fucking idiot.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2020, 07:39 PM
Fresno makes the most sense for the 49ers

DaFace
11-28-2020, 07:40 PM
This shit is never gonna end is it. Even if the majority of the public is vaccinated and the vaccine actually works well, there will be a new virus. Welcome to life now I guess.....Nah.

Halfcan
11-28-2020, 07:42 PM
Additionally, people must quarantine for 14 days after traveling more than 150 miles before returning to the county.

So are they tracking people now?

Jewish Rabbi
11-28-2020, 07:44 PM
I think the NFL season is about done.

I think you need to stop being a drama Queen!!!

Halfcan
NFL and everyone else should tell them to go fuck themselves. They have no authority to enforce this.

lcarus
Nah.

Nah it isn't gonna end or nah it is gonna end? Cause I'm just sick to death of it. Been sick of it since May really.

DaFace
11-28-2020, 07:46 PM

So are they tracking people now?No. Almost none of the personal regulations have been enforced anywhere in the country. The hope is that people will voluntarily comply (though we've seen how well that works).

DaFace
11-28-2020, 07:47 PM
Nah it isn't gonna end or nah it is gonna end? Cause I'm just sick to death of it. Been sick of it since May really.Nah, it's gonna end. That doesn't mean that something else can't happen at some point, but there's not really any reason to believe that another outbreak is any more likely in the future than it has been in the past.

lcarus
11-28-2020, 07:49 PM
Nah, it's gonna end. That doesn't mean that something else can't happen at some point, but there's not really any reason to believe that another outbreak is any more likely in the future than it has been in the past.

Boy I hope you're right. I'm ready for the world to get back to normal.

HonestChieffan
11-28-2020, 07:57 PM
San Francisco 49ers can't play or practice at home as Santa Clara County bans contact sports for three weeks
New COVID-19 restrictions have been announced for Santa Clara County and will take effect on Monday as the region sets a new single-day record with 760 new cases reported on Saturday. Among the new rules is a ban on all contact sports for at least the next three weeks. The San Francisco 49ers and other local teams may have to make other arrangements for practice and games, as they will not have access to their home facilities during the ban. The 49ers said they are working with "the NFL and our partners on operational plans and will share details as they are confirmed.

Spott
11-28-2020, 07:58 PM
St Louis has an empty football stadium that can be used.

Jewish Rabbi
11-28-2020, 08:03 PM
Boy I hope you're right. I'm ready for the world to get back to normal.

None of this shit would have happened if they didn’t discontinue Ecto Cooler

Why Not?
11-28-2020, 08:07 PM
St Louis has an empty football stadium that can be used.

I would think San Diego or LA would be first options if it can be worked out.

PutQuinnIn
11-28-2020, 08:13 PM

They should play on the infield dirt in Oakland. Chargers old stadium is gone and they can GTFO playing in LA.

Why Not?
11-28-2020, 08:15 PM
They should play on the infield dirt in Oakland. Chargers old stadium is gone and they can GTFO playing in LA.

Oh shit. I didn’t know they shutdown the Murph.

TribalElder
11-28-2020, 08:17 PM
What a shitty city to call home

FloridaMan88
11-28-2020, 08:21 PM
Rather than allowing the 49ers to play games in their home stadium (where there has been minimal to no confirmed spread of the virus during game action), they will now be forced to travel/relocate for their home games which will inherently increase the risk of virus spread.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2020, 08:21 PM

According to Florio, the 49ers have been working on a contingency plan since May, with the Arizona stadium being the most likeliest of venues:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/28/nfl-49ers-prepared-backup-plans-months-ago/

Per a league source, the NFL and the 49ers prepared months ago, before the season began, multiple possible contingency plans in the event the team needed to move its operations and have a different NFL stadium for its home games.

Given the real-time communication system between the stadium and the league office, the 49ers need to play in a place that has the appropriate technology in place to allow for replay review and related activities. Unless the plans include putting the technological pipeline back into, for example, the Oakland Coliseum, the 49ers will need to find another NFL-ready venue.

As noted when the schedule came out in May, the 49ers could easily play in Arizona, with no conflicts between the schedule of the two teams.

Spott
11-28-2020, 08:23 PM

That makes more sense, but they may want to go somewhere where they don’t have to worry about more lockdowns affecting them to this extent.

Flying High D
11-28-2020, 09:51 PM

The wrecking ball is moving in that direction but it hasn’t got there yet.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2020, 10:12 PM
So fucking stupid. Cookoofornia, folks

CaliforniaChief
11-28-2020, 10:42 PM
Another one of those dictates that make nerdy public health officials feel good about themselves but accomplishes nothing. And probably does more harm, being that they've probably settled into a pretty good routine with sanitization/mitigation.

htismaqe
11-28-2020, 11:47 PM
I think hope the NFL season is about done.

FYP

JakeF
11-29-2020, 02:08 AM
This is fucking stupid. These guys have tests every day as well as constant contact tracing.

NFL players are safer than the public by a huge margin.
I doubt it's meant for the NFL. It's for all the people who don't have NFL money.

Scooter LaCanforno
11-29-2020, 07:01 AM
I wonder if this voids their lease at the stadium ?

seamonster
11-29-2020, 07:36 AM
Another one of those dictates that make nerdy public health officials feel good about themselves but accomplishes nothing. And probably does more harm, being that they've probably settled into a pretty good routine with sanitization/mitigation.

This. People have to realize these county\city public heath officials were black holes on the budgets. Nobody listened to these people until now. And now they've got the ultimate power.

Hydrae
11-29-2020, 12:21 PM
FYP

WRONG!

I have no hope for any such thing. The more NFL we get the better. I just think when you look around and in just this week we have a game delayed by 5 days, a team playing a game with no starting QB, and now a team that has no home for at least the next 3 weeks. How much more of this do you think the NFL can work through? It seems that the infection rates are increasing everywhere to it is not going to get better any time soon. At the very least they will start (already started?) getting pressure to be "responsible" about it. None of this is me hoping for anything. A full season would be the best outcome but I think having a post season is more important that finishing the regular season. Are you willing to risk further escalation of covid related issues killing the playoffs or giving up a few regular season games?

jallmon
11-29-2020, 01:29 PM
I’ll believe it’s the end of the season when I see it.

Not happening

Waaayyyy too much $$ involved.

asdf
11-29-2020, 02:02 PM
I would guess it costs shit tons of money to move the team even temporarily. Niners and NFL should send the bill to the county :)