PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Rye, Joe's Kansas City among Mahomes' most-ordered Postmates deliveries

luv
12-01-2020, 09:31 AM
https://www.kshb.com/sports/rye-joes-kansas-city-among-mahomes-most-ordered-postmates-deliveries?fbclid=IwAR27OWDgqW5Nkq3FvyPPZws_x50cRavQZkmjRpLbnzMAfz-xi1vLMHPlg1Y

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes may be an NFL and Super Bowl MVP with a half-billion contract, but he still orders Postmates like a mere mortal.

The delivery service company announced some of his orders Tuesday, which include a slew of local favorites, as part of a Giving Tuesday promotion.

Postmates said it will donate $1 for every order placed to Mahomes' foundation, 15 and the Mahomies, up to $50,000.

Mahomes joined the food delivery service in 2018, according to Postmates, and has had more than 170 deliveries made.

Postmates revealed that Mahomes’ five most-ordered items are:

Prime rib and mashed Yukon gold potatoes from Rye
A Z-Man with fries from Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que
Grilled chicken with cheddar from Potbelly Sandwich Shop
A burrito bowl from Chipotle
A chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-A

Mahomes apparently celebrated his 23rd birthday with a meal from Rye one day after becoming the youngest quarterback in the NFL to throw six touchdown passes in a game during a 2018 win at Pittsburgh.

Earlier this summer, Mahomes ordered a feast from Joe’s Kansas City, which included french fries, beans, smoked turkey, a full slab dinner, pulled pork, potato salad, a pound of turkey, two Z-Mans, and beef brisket plus another full slab of ribs and Texas toast.

Some of Mahomes’ quirkier Postmates include four separate calls for Jolly Ranchers.

“We kind of got hooked on them recently," Mahomes told Postmates. "We can’t keep them stocked at our house. We all love them, Brittany, Jackson, and I."

How does the Super Bowl MVP celebrate such a championship win? With two post-game cookies-and-cream milkshakes from Chick-fil-A.

Mahomes also sent a huge order of food from Cool Runnings in Houston for doctors and nurses on the frontlines through Postmates.

In turn, Houston Texans quarterback DeShaun Watson, who was drafted two picks after Mahomes in the 2017 NFL Draft, ordered food for frontline workers from Niecie’s Restaurant in Kansas City, Missouri.

We're jumping on board to help today and you can too! Help local kids and have some bbq today! For every curbside order we have today, we'll donate one meal to Operation Breakthrough on behalf of 15 & the Mahomies. --Joe's Kansas City

Hammock Parties
12-01-2020, 09:32 AM
that boy likes pie

luv
12-01-2020, 09:33 AM
I'm thinking someone might have a bit of morning sickness, or at least nausea. I never really had morning sickness, but I know Jolly Ranchers definitely helped whenever I was nauseated during my pregnancy.

Why Not?
12-01-2020, 09:48 AM
That’s cool. Also cool that Mahomes and Watson seem to genuinely be cool with one another.

Not sure why I used the word cool so much there.

stevieray
12-01-2020, 09:48 AM
leave him alone

alpha_omega
12-01-2020, 09:59 AM
leave him alone

Agreed.

The delivery service company announced some of his orders Tuesday,

Why?

Edit: ok, its for charity, but still.

loochy
12-01-2020, 10:00 AM

Third Eye
Agreed.

Why?

It says they are partnering with his charity. It’s pretty obvious that it’s something he approved. Settle down.

loochy
I'm thinking someone might have a bit of morning sickness, or at least nausea. I never really had morning sickness, but I know Jolly Ranchers definitely helped whenever I was nauseated during my pregnancy.

Yeah, me too.

BWillie
12-01-2020, 10:11 AM
He's kind of a husky guy. Probably needs to eat better than that as he ages. He can eat cake until he's 29 but we got him until 2031 at the very least.

loochy
12-01-2020, 10:12 AM
He's kind of a husky guy. Probably needs to eat better than that as he ages. He can eat cake until he's 29 but we got him until 2031 at the very least.

Meh, the husk will keep him durable.

ChiTown
12-01-2020, 10:14 AM

He works out a shit ton. I bet that dude burns through calories like a machine.

wazu
12-01-2020, 10:15 AM
Agreed.

Why?

Edit: ok, its for charity, but still.

I'm sure Mahomes signed off on it. People are in love with Mahomes, and sharing what he orders generates interest and creates a story people will actually read. (And post on ChiefsPlanet) In return Mahomes gets a donation to his charity and publicity for it as well.

BWillie
12-01-2020, 10:19 AM

Yeah probably. It's good that Brittany is a personal trainer type gal. He should help whip him into shape anytime he needs it.

htismaqe
12-01-2020, 10:21 AM
Dude's most ordered item is prime rib. And he most assuredly then puts ketchup on it.

ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-01-2020, 10:26 AM
Mahomes is going to be a nice thicc fatboi like Big Ben when he hits 35

htismaqe
12-01-2020, 10:27 AM

Exactly.

With the right balance of protein and carbs, an athlete could easily consume double the normal amount of calories a day. It's no big deal because these guys do so much weight and resistance training, which burns a ton of calories.

Pants
12-01-2020, 10:44 AM
Dang, it's been forever since I have had anything from Rye.

Wife (gf at the time) and I were there all the time in 2015 during the Royals' epic run.

luv
12-01-2020, 10:50 AM
Joe's Kansas City is stepping up on this Giving Tuesday as well.

We're jumping on board to help today and you can too! Help local kids and have some bbq today! For every curbside order we have today, we'll donate one meal to Operation Breakthrough on behalf of 15 & the Mahomies.

TribalElder
12-01-2020, 10:57 AM
LOVE Yukon Gold mashed potatoes

those are bomb shit

Now that this article has dropped, I expect to hear about some dipshit new postmates driver trying to get mahomie to sign a "receipt" on a football or something ROFL

Hammock Parties
12-01-2020, 10:59 AM
fat mahomes get chubby big gut, ass sagging, 40 time over 5, still firing lasers like a big roly poly jabba superstar LARDBUTT

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE

YOU OTHA BROTHAS CAN'T DENY

WHEN A QB WALKS IN WITH AN ITTY BITTY TD-INT RATIO

AND A ROUND THING IN YO FACE

TYREEK

GETS

SPRUNG

Mecca
12-01-2020, 11:01 AM
I've never ate at Rye, where is that at lol.

Pants
12-01-2020, 11:07 AM
I've never ate at Rye, where is that at lol.

In Leawood, like 3 minutes away from 435 and Roe. It's next to the newer location of Blue Koi and a place called Tavern.

Mecca
12-01-2020, 11:08 AM
In Leawood, like 3 minutes away from 435 and Roe. It's next to the newer location of Blue Koi and a place called Tavern.

Ah, that explains it, I never go to Leawood.

Pants
12-01-2020, 11:09 AM

I don't blame you. While Leawood is SUPER nice, if you have been to any suburb, you have been to them all. LOL

Third Eye
12-01-2020, 11:15 AM

They also have a 2nd location on the Plaza.

gblowfish
12-01-2020, 11:16 AM
His wife is a personal trainer. He'll be fine.

DaFace
12-01-2020, 11:17 AM
I'm sure Mahomes signed off on it. People are in love with Mahomes, and sharing what he orders generates interest and creates a story people will actually read. (And post on ChiefsPlanet) In return Mahomes gets a donation to his charity and publicity for it as well.

Yeah, it's a bit creepy that they keep this kind of data in the first place, but as long as he signed off on it, whatever.

Titty Meat
12-01-2020, 11:18 AM

Theres one on the Plaza too

dlphg9
12-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Looks like I'm going to become a post mates driver and sit around Mahomes' house all day everyday. I will make all his deliveries and will eventually become his best friend. I'll report back to CP if I'm not in jail.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2020, 11:44 AM
That’s cool. Also cool that Mahomes and Watson seem to genuinely be cool with one another.

Not sure why I used the word cool so much there.

Most people don't realize it but most of the players in the NFL have known each other through camps and coaching sessions since they were as young as 11 years old.

Then, they go on to play with and against each other in college, while the best of the best play in the NFL.

It's a true fraternity.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2020, 11:51 AM
Yeah, it's a bit creepy that they keep this kind of data in the first place, but as long as he signed off on it, whatever.

Yeah, that was my first thought as well.

This is almost as creepy as the local TV station that disclosed the address to his first home in Mission Hills.

luv
12-01-2020, 11:57 AM

Tons of apps do that. I've ordered pizza, and the next time I log into the app, it asks me if I want to re-order. Also, you can add things to your favorites. My Target app, my Hy-Vee app... same thing.

This was all just a part of the Giving Tuesday promotion today. Mahomes is getting his non-profit out there to raise some money.

DaFace
12-01-2020, 11:58 AM
Tons of apps do that. I've ordered pizza, and the next time I log into the app, it asks me if I want to re-order. Also, you can add things to your favorites.

This was all just a part of the Giving Tuesday promotion today. Mahomes is getting his non-profit out there to raise some money.

Right, I'm not surprised that they have your order history. I'm surprised that they'd be able to dig into it and make it public. But I'm sure it's buried in their terms somewhere.

htismaqe
12-01-2020, 11:59 AM

This is almost as creepy as the local TV station that disclosed the address to his first home in Mission Hills.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/next-step-in-government-data-tracking-is-the-internet-of-things-11606478401?mod=djemalertNEWS&source=techstories.org

:D

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2020, 12:00 PM
Exactly.

With the right balance of protein and carbs, an athlete could easily consume double the normal amount of calories a day. It's no big deal because these guys do so much weight and resistance training, which burns a ton of calories.

Yep. I remember my diet in high school playing football and basketball. I would eat like 6 meals a day and half of them was probably McDonald's or Hardees. And I was skinny. One year later in college, realized I can't eat that way anymore because I'm not burning calories like I was.

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2020, 12:03 PM

To be honest it's public information. Small town newspapers publish the land transfers each week that happen in the county. Hell lot of the big celebrity homes get press releases when they sell as well. But a lot of the blame should be at Mahomes legal team for not putting the house in a dummy LLC.

htismaqe
12-01-2020, 12:04 PM
Right, I'm not surprised that they have your order history. I'm surprised that they'd be able to dig into it and make it public. But I'm sure it's buried in their terms somewhere.

EVERYTHING is tracked. Storage is cheaper than ever and business runs on data analytics.

We now store data in "lakes" and "dredge" them for info. :D

Mecca
12-01-2020, 12:06 PM
EVERYTHING is tracked. Storage is cheaper than ever and business runs on data analytics.

We now store data in "lakes" and "dredge" them for info. :D

https://media1.giphy.com/media/4H3Ii5eLChYul9p7NL/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47no0nvuls2vyq8i02dqvq1fr1cthkcwu7soxw1c3q&rid=giphy.gif

wazu
12-01-2020, 12:19 PM

Except that I doubt Mahomes said "yes, please broadcast my address". And of course they keep data for all of their transactions.

gblowfish
12-01-2020, 12:28 PM
Do you think he puts ketchup on his mashed potatoes?

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2020, 12:33 PM
To be honest it's public information. Small town newspapers publish the land transfers each week that happen in the county. Hell lot of the big celebrity homes get press releases when they sell as well. But a lot of the blame should be at Mahomes legal team for not putting the house in a dummy LLC.

Yeah, I have a dummy LLC for my home that was established before purchasing.

But with that said, I think it was highly irresponsible of the local TV network to advertise his address on the nightly news. The LA Times has a Real Estate section that will post links and details to celebrity homes but that's only after they've gone to market. They do not publish the addresses of celebrities and other wealthy residents.

MMXcalibur
12-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Except that I doubt Mahomes said "yes, please broadcast my address". And of course they keep data for all of their transactions.

I'm curious, and definitely NOT to encourage sandblasting Mahomes' address to the masses, but.....wouldn't his neighbors pick up on, "Hey, I'm living next door to the greatest quarterback in the NFL." and then his address would spread via word of mouth? (i.e. "Hey, guess who just moved into MY neighborhood!")

ptlyon
12-01-2020, 01:10 PM
You should be able to identify where he lives by the hy vee commercials.

Duh.

wazu
12-01-2020, 01:12 PM
You should be able to identify where he lives by the hy vee commercials.

Duh.

Good point. He said there was nothing to the East. Must be in Blue Springs.

KurtCobain
12-01-2020, 01:22 PM
I've been trying to order Brittany's panties on Postmates for 3 months. Still haven't showed up.

Flying High D
12-01-2020, 01:39 PM
I've been trying to order Brittany's panties on Postmates for 3 months. Still haven't showed up.

Her sweaty gym socks go for $300 on Etsy.

Stewie
12-01-2020, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I have a dummy LLC for my home that was established before purchasing.

But with that said, I think it was highly irresponsible of the local TV network to advertise his address on the nightly news. The LA Times has a Real Estate section that will post links and details to celebrity homes but that's only after they've gone to market. They do not publish the addresses of celebrities and other wealthy residents.

Virtual Globetrotting has most every address of celebrities, sports figures, etc.. They get that info somewhere. Many of the homes are under another name or LLC, but it doesn't seem to matter.

loochy
12-01-2020, 01:48 PM
BTW, I've never heard of Postmates before this. Is it some kind of fake UberEats?

Why Not?
12-01-2020, 02:00 PM
Most people don't realize it but most of the players in the NFL have known each other through camps and coaching sessions since they were as young as 11 years old.

Then, they go on to play with and against each other in college, while the best of the best play in the NFL.

It's a true fraternity.

Yeah those are good points.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2020, 02:01 PM
Love that chicken and cheddar from PotBellys!

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2020, 02:05 PM
Virtual Globetrotting has most every address of celebrities, sports figures, etc.. They get that info somewhere. Many of the homes are under another name or LLC, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Sure, it's fairly easy to find the home address of just about anyone online.

But finding that address and broadcasting it on the local news is quite a bit different, IMO.

htismaqe
12-01-2020, 02:07 PM
BTW, I've never heard of Postmates before this. Is it some kind of fake UberEats?

Postmates is actually one of the oldest delivery companies. They started with groceries and stuff like that. They've been around since 2012.

Uber is trying to acquire them last I heard.

ptlyon
12-01-2020, 02:09 PM
I ordered a black Friday deal from Walmart and it was delivered by door dash. I was amazed.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2020, 02:11 PM
Postmates is actually one of the oldest delivery companies. They started with groceries and stuff like that. They've been around since 2012.

Uber is trying to acquire them last I heard.

In my area, Postmates isn’t too popular. Grub hub and Uber eats seem to be the biggies.

htismaqe
12-01-2020, 02:14 PM
In my area, Postmates isn’t too popular. Grub hub and Uber eats seem to be the biggies.

Postmates only has 7% of the food delivery market. They started out doing parcels, groceries, stuff like that. So from a food standpoint, they're not super popular anywhere.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Postmates only has 7% of the food delivery market. They started out doing parcels, groceries, stuff like that. So from a food standpoint, they're not super popular anywhere.

Hmmmm. This makes me wonder why Mahomes uses Postmates then? Maybe he uses them all?

Damnit, stories like this with interesting accrued ‘data’ make my brain churn. And before this I could not care less what Mahomes eats or service he uses. LOL

luv
12-01-2020, 02:32 PM

This might explain a few things:

https://postmates.com/blog/postmates-is-the-official-on-demand-food-delivery-partner-of-the-nfl/

Postmates is the Official On-Demand Food Delivery Partner of the NFL
September 9, 2020

If you love watching football with a big bowl of guac and chips, then you’re in luck. You no longer have to worry about leaving the couch during first down because Postmates is the official on-demand food delivery partner of the NFL. All of your game day necessities—from beer to baby back ribs—can be delivered in a snap.

Throughout the season, we’ll be rolling out special promotions to make tackling game day food a breeze. We are also partnering with the NFL on social impact initiatives, beginning with a donation to frontline workers. To kick off the season on Thursday night, Postmates has teamed up with Patrick Mahomes’s foundation, 15 and the Mahomies, who will be delivering meals to frontline healthcare workers at the Ben Taub Hospital in Houston. Deshaun Watson has stepped up to the challenge and is using Postmates to deliver meals to frontline workers at Truman Medical Center Hospital Hill in Kansas City.

“People across the country aren’t just ready to order their favorite gameday foods, they are eagerly awaiting the return of football. While most fans won’t be able to physically go to the game, this exclusive partnership with the NFL allows us to bring the gameday experience, and a few surprises throughout the season, directly to fans,” said Eric Edge, SVP, Marketing & Communications, Postmates.

“Fans will be watching NFL football this season from their couch more than ever before, so teaming up with Postmates as the first official on-demand food delivery partner of the NFL was a perfect combination,” said Nana-Yaw Asamoah, Vice President of Business Development for the NFL. “We’re excited for Postmates to deliver gameday food favorites and special surprises to our fans’ doorsteps throughout the year.”

So tune into the NFL and make sure you open Postmates while you watch—we’ll be throwing out hail mary deals all season long.

Pitt Gorilla
12-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Dude's most ordered item is prime rib. And he most assuredly then puts ketchup on it.

ROFL

https://i.imgur.com/vB9B5.gif

Titty Meat
12-01-2020, 03:11 PM

I know where most of them live. All you need to do is look it up on the Jackson Co Parcel viewer

Jewish Rabbi
12-01-2020, 03:34 PM
I know where most of them live. All you need to do is look it up on the Jackson Co Parcel viewer

Let’s go party at Dieter’s