PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Spags doesn't care about your stat chasing, neither does Frank

jerryaldini
12-05-2020, 12:10 AM
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/04/kansas-city-chiefs-steve-spagnuolo-on-lack-of-sacks/

And then, listen, every time they drop back to throw the football, we’re trying to affect the quarterback,” Spagnuolo said. “It doesn’t have to be a sack, I say this all the time, everybody gets wrapped up in numbers and that’s the big number, but it’s more than that. It’s how we affect the quarterback.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/04/kansas-city-chiefs-frank-clark-on-winning-sacks-penalties/

I’m a team player, I’m not about to go out of the gameplan to make a play. You see a lot of that stuff in football today. You’ve got guys that want to be ‘the show.’ They want that sack so bad that they’re chasing sacks. They’re doing stuff like that and they see it affect their team. That’s one thing that I pride myself on being is a team player. The team first before Frank. I’ve gotten to where I am today by being a great teammate, not being a great individual player — to keep it real.”

Halfcan
12-05-2020, 12:25 AM
2 Straight 15 yard penalties for Frank the team player!

CasselGotPeedOn
12-05-2020, 12:29 AM
Frank's not even getting close to the Qb unless he's unblocked

Sannyasi
12-05-2020, 12:46 AM
Frank is really calling out those sack chasing assholes. Aaron Donald and T.J. Watt should be pissing their pants right about now.

RealSNR
12-05-2020, 12:52 AM
You know what really helps the team, Frank?

Making a fucking play.

Not getting blocked out of shit because you can't turn a corner around the LT to save your life.

Logging more than a handful of tackles in the past month.

You're not a 3-4 DE under Romeo Crennel. You ain't re-directing shit. You just suck right now.

Stop sucking, Frank.

OKchiefs
12-05-2020, 01:50 AM
If sacks don't matter, would Frank have anywhere close to his current contract if he was putting up 6 or 7 sacks a year in Seattle? Now clearly his postseason run has to be considered, but hypothetically speaking he most likely doesn't garner near the contract if he was performing this way during the regular season prior to his trade from Seattle.

UK_Chief
12-05-2020, 02:26 AM
That would be fine if the D line together were working well. Doesn’t look they are to me

Halfcan
12-05-2020, 02:40 AM
You better get a sack against the Donks, Frank!

Titty Meat
12-05-2020, 02:40 AM
Thread title should say "Spags calls out CP members" some of these mother fuckers will look for ANYTHING to bitch about. If you're counting at home according to some on here CEH is slow, Hardman is a bust, and we got fleeced on the Clark trade. People were actually running the numbers on what it would cost to cut Clark after this season.

GayFrogs
12-05-2020, 05:14 AM
What are you talking about? The pass rush undeniably sucks right now.

Red Dawg
12-05-2020, 06:02 AM
We won the SB and are 11-1 so fuck off! That's the response.

Red Dawg
12-05-2020, 06:03 AM
Thread title should say "Spags calls out CP members" some of these mother ****ers will look for ANYTHING to bitch about. If you're counting at home according to some on here CEH is slow, Hardman is a bust, and we got fleeced on the Clark trade. People were actually running the numbers on what it would cost to cut Clark after this season.

All correct.

-King-
12-05-2020, 06:26 AM
So if he starts getting sacks down the stretch and into the playoffs like we all hope he will, does that mean he's going against the game plan?

This is nothing more than a coach going to bat for his players as he should.

-King-
12-05-2020, 06:27 AM
Thread title should say "Spags calls out CP members" some of these mother fuckers will look for ANYTHING to bitch about. If you're counting at home according to some on here CEH is slow, Hardman is a bust, and we got fleeced on the Clark trade. People were actually running the numbers on what it would cost to cut Clark after this season.

What do you think about Clark's play this season?

PAChiefsGuy
12-05-2020, 06:58 AM
I guess that stat chasing Aaron Donald is a bum then. Lol.

DTVietnam
12-05-2020, 07:13 AM
Clark is fine..we are 10-1

https://media2.giphy.com/media/d5rNQmI9iWjp6B2E1g/giphy.gif

KCUnited
12-05-2020, 07:30 AM
Hidden sacks!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-05-2020, 07:50 AM
Have a McRib. Big Macks are salty dehydrated liversnaps

Bwana
12-05-2020, 08:07 AM
STFU Frank

Chiefsguyinri
12-05-2020, 08:21 AM
Calling my shot.. Clark gets 3 sacks against the Donks this week!!

notorious
12-05-2020, 08:34 AM
25-5 since Spags showed up.

19-1 the last 20.

We clamored for a defense just good enough to help the offense for years. Well, we got that and much more.

jerryaldini
12-05-2020, 08:44 AM
Thread title should say "Spags calls out CP members" some of these mother ****ers will look for ANYTHING to bitch about. If you're counting at home according to some on here CEH is slow, Hardman is a bust, and we got fleeced on the Clark trade. People were actually running the numbers on what it would cost to cut Clark after this season.

OP here. That was my first thought as well. The game thread comments about the defense and Clark every week are ridiculous.

dj56dt58
12-05-2020, 08:46 AM
Well if the goal is to not get sacks yeah he’s doing great: not sure why you would coach a defense to just stand around but ok. At least he doesn’t line up offsides in big games

stevieray
12-05-2020, 08:48 AM
good to hear.

Megatron96
12-05-2020, 09:11 AM
Got a love Spagnolo. Best DC in the game today. And he’s all ours.

Chris Meck
12-05-2020, 09:14 AM
Got a love Spagnolo. Best DC in the game today. And he’s all ours.

I was an early supporter of the hire, and I'm still on board with him today.

We need to improve, but he's not going to throw his guys under the bus.

RunKC
12-05-2020, 09:18 AM

Also did the same shit with Mitchell Schwartz in the beginning of the season.

Kinda funny bc Chris Jones is off limits for some reason even though he’s been ass this season.

Megatron96
12-05-2020, 09:45 AM

Spags has never been about numbers. The best coaches never are.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2020, 09:51 AM
You whiny cunts. This is the best team you've ever seen.

Megatron96
12-05-2020, 09:56 AM

“Because Chiefs” syndrome apparently still in full force for many CPers.

kcclone
12-05-2020, 10:12 AM
Frank has something that many really good players want. And he has an opportunity to get another one this year.

Let’s watch this play out before we throw the guy under the bus.

Easy 6
12-05-2020, 10:14 AM

Yeah Spags is clearly doing a little soft shoe here to avoid bad mouthing his guys... but they definitely need to pick it up as we head into the late innings

Titty Meat
12-05-2020, 10:15 AM
What do you think about Clark's play this season?

Was fine and then hit a bad stretch. It's a long season and ridiculous to suggest cutting him.

O.city
12-05-2020, 10:19 AM
Defenses aren’t performing well across the league.

Chiefs defense is good. Not great not terrible

They’re gonna ease on down to a 15-1 season.

It’s probably gonna end up being one of the better teams we’ve ever witnessed here.

TRR
12-05-2020, 10:47 AM
Defenses aren’t performing well across the league.

Chiefs defense is good. Not great not terrible

They’re gonna ease on down to a 15-1 season.

It’s probably gonna end up being one of the better teams we’ve ever witnessed here.

Good is probably a little strong. The KC D is mediocre at best up to this point of the 2020 season. Hopefully Snead can lock down the nickel spot, and bring consistency to the position. Okafor can stay healthy, and put together a dominate 5+ game stretch, Gay continues his growth and receives an expanded role, and Thornhill starts to play a little more like pre-injury Juan.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2020, 10:53 AM
Miss those Derrick Thomas 15 sack seasons.

kcclone
12-05-2020, 11:00 AM

Right, but that D was all the Chiefs could really hang their hats on. We're 10-1 and reigning champs.

In a perfect world, there might be a little room for improvement, but realistically this is as good as it gets.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2020, 11:06 AM
You morons realize the Chiefs defense has been "good" compared to the rest of the league right??? There are no shut down defense thus year and the Steelers sure aren't slowing down KC

Redbled
12-05-2020, 11:16 AM

Loved DT but rather be where we are now than 1st round exits.

Oxford
12-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Last year it was FC's neck injury. I wonder if he is injured this year? It will be interesting to see who they draft this off season at OL/LB/DE. I would like to see some of the backups to get a lot of time against Denver but I fear it will be another heavy snap count for FC.

O.city
12-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Good is probably a little strong. The KC D is mediocre at best up to this point of the 2020 season. Hopefully Snead can lock down the nickel spot, and bring consistency to the position. Okafor can stay healthy, and put together a dominate 5+ game stretch, Gay continues his growth and receives an expanded role, and Thornhill starts to play a little more like pre-injury Juan.

Adjust your definitions of good for NFL defenses.

The Chiefs are probably a top 10 defense this year. That doesn't necessarily mean they're a normal top 10 defense.

They're "good" relatively.

Bearcat
12-05-2020, 11:51 AM
Clark is fine..we are 10-1

https://media2.giphy.com/media/d5rNQmI9iWjp6B2E1g/giphy.gif

Couldn't find a gif from this season? :hmmm:

Red Dawg
12-05-2020, 12:12 PM
As long as the shark shows up in the playoffs and does what he did last year all will be forgiven. We are no longer a regular season team. We are are win the SB or bust team. That's what time it is right now.

Boxer_Chief
12-05-2020, 12:18 PM
I truly believe many people on this board don’t watch any other NFL games. There’s no such thing as a lock down defense. Good defense means holding the other team under 24.

TRR
12-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Adjust your definitions of good for NFL defenses.

The Chiefs are probably a top 10 defense this year. That doesn't necessarily mean they're a normal top 10 defense.

They're "good" relatively.

No need to adjust the definition. They are mediocre/middle of the road in nearly every statistical category.

You simply can’t watch this defense, and it’s lack of competence in even the minor details, and state they are good.

kcclone
12-05-2020, 12:29 PM
I truly believe many people on this board don’t watch any other NFL games. There’s no such thing as a lock down defense. Good defense means holding the other team under 24.

Especially when you adjust for our offense’s scoring.

Now with that said, we will certainly need more production from our DL at some point in the playoffs.

O.city
12-05-2020, 12:32 PM
No need to adjust the definition. They are mediocre/middle of the road in nearly every statistical category.

You simply can’t watch this defense, and it’s lack of competence in even the minor details, and state they are good.

Then there are 2 "good" defenses in the entire NFL this year.

O.city
12-05-2020, 12:34 PM
It's just a different league than it was 20 years ago.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2020, 12:41 PM

Dumb. Chiefs are SIXTH in points allowed and that is WITH teams playing catchup scoring garbage time points.

You guys literally don't watch other games do you???

The Franchise
12-05-2020, 12:45 PM
People who say the defense hasn’t played “good” are the ones that expect us to shutout opponents. They’re also the ones that bitch when we aren’t blowing out teams by 50 points with our offense.

This isn’t college, you fucking morons.

CasselGotPeedOn
12-05-2020, 12:48 PM
The defense is 6th in points because we've faced the Jets, Broncos, and Pats.

The Franchise
12-05-2020, 12:50 PM

And? The Steelers are #1 and look at their schedule.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2020, 12:54 PM

And? The teams ahead of them have faced far more dogshit teams

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2020, 12:55 PM
People who say the defense hasn’t played “good” are the ones that expect us to shutout opponents. They’re also the ones that bitch when we aren’t blowing out teams by 50 points with our offense.

This isn’t college, you fucking morons.

Thank you! Exactly

RunKC
12-05-2020, 12:57 PM

Jeff Driskel
Whoever the **** is Cincy’s starter now
RGIII and McSorley
Baker twice
Whoever the **** the Cowboys starter is now
Jake Luton

That’s who the Steelers play/have played

Wallcrawler
12-05-2020, 12:59 PM

Top ten unit in the only fucking defensive stat that matters. Points allowed. So yeah, in the grand scheme of WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES, the Chiefs defense is good.

A unit that Is opposite the best qb on the planet is most games, gonna spend a lot of time on the field because we score a shit ton of points.

Not everyone can field a Pitt defense first in every category because the play absolutely nobody.

Now to the topic, Frank was brought here to sack quarterbacks. Period. Hey Spags, you know what really affects quarterbacks?

Sacking them.

If our defensive scheme is somehow built on an idea that sacking the qb would somehow require freelancing and not being a team player, then the scheme needs some serious change, because thats absolutely asinine.

It really "affected" Derek Carr, and Teddy Bridgewater, let me tell you. If by affected you mean made them look like first team all pro.

Chris Jones religiously gets doubled. SOMEONE on that line has to be able to win1v1. Hasnt been happening, and needs to change.

I know tbe Kansas City Chiefs did not trade a first round pick, and pay 20+ million per year to watch Frank's halfass spin moves failing, and him getting bounced out of the club every play.

Its a what have you done for me lately league. Your monster postseason last year means nothing in these games you are playing now.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2020, 01:02 PM
Top ten unit in the only fucking defensive stat that matters. Points allowed. So yeah, in the grand scheme of WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES, the Chiefs defense is good.

A unit that Is opposite the best qb on the planet is most games, gonna spend a lot of time on the field because we score a shit ton of points.

Not everyone can field a Pitt defense first in every category because the play absolutely nobody.

Now to the topic, Frank was brought here to sack quarterbacks. Period. Hey Spags, you know what really affects quarterbacks?

Sacking them.

If our defensive scheme is somehow built on an idea that sacking the qb would somehow require freelancing and not being a team player, then the scheme needs some serious change, because thats absolutely asinine.

It really "affected" Derek Carr, and Teddy Bridgewater, let me tell you. If by affected you mean made them look like first team all pro.

Chris Jones religiously gets doubled. SOMEONE on that line has to be able to win1v1. Hasnt been happening, and needs to change.

I know tbe Kansas City Chiefs did not trade a first round pick, and pay 20+ million per year to watch Frank's halfass spin moves failing, and him getting bounced out of the club every play.

Its a what have you done for me lately league. Your monster postseason last year means nothing in these games you are playing now.

Top 6 and pretty much the same PPG as the Steelers when facing comparable level offenses. They have face FAR worse offenses by a country mile

Hammock Parties
12-05-2020, 01:06 PM
If you hold Tom Brady to 24 on his home field you've done your job defensively.

The defense is playing good complementary football.

Red Dawg
12-05-2020, 01:12 PM
I have always said a great offense will get 28 per game. A sold defense holds teams to 21. We have done pretty good despite Clark having a poor November.

CoMoChief
12-05-2020, 01:54 PM
Clark is playing like garbage. He gets paid big bucks to sack the QB.

Sacking QB's helps the team get the ball back to Mahomes/offense and get W's

Clark isn't doing his part, its just that simple...and it deserves criticism.

Wallcrawler
12-05-2020, 02:49 PM
Can't find the quote now, but wasnt Clark saying the exact opposite last year? Talking about how he wasnt interested in just playing well, and that he was paid to sack the qb, that's how he puts food on the table, etc?

Kind of a weird 180 now to make this statement like he doesnt care if he gets sacks or not.

srvy
12-05-2020, 03:16 PM
As a whole, the D is doing ok as an individual Franks having a down year so far. I have an idea maybe Frank has some incentives in his contract he is losing out on. He cant be happy with that. Without the game film, I have trouble seeing what's going on. Is he quitting on plays? Being held or double teamed? It's a good thing it's a team sport and not an individual or we would be in trouble.

TimeForWasp
12-05-2020, 03:41 PM
This Defense needs some blood in the water.

big nasty kcnut
12-05-2020, 03:48 PM
Good i want more super bowls! Frank clark being a team player is good.

Megatron96
12-05-2020, 05:06 PM
Fan perception is amazingly selective.

This defense started the year without one of our starting safeties, who still isn't 100%. Without its starting CB2. Without its best run-stuffing DL. Our best rookie CB broke his collarbone after just a few weeks. Ward broke his hand. Okafor got injured again and was out several weeks. Clark had a stomach bug. Jones did something to his hamstring or groin or whatever.

And somehow Spags got them to hold all but three teams this season to 20 points or less.

Lost but a single game.

Held all but two teams to below their scoring average.

Held four teams to 17 points or less.

All in a year without a real preseason practice schedule, no OTAs for the rookies, no preseason games. With the league calling 70% fewer offensive holding calls across the league, and scoring up by 30% or whatever. And in spite of all that, our defense is 6th in scoring.

But they suck. And it's all Frank Clark's fault, because he gets paid $20 million/year and doesn't have 15 sacks.

Well, I'll be the first to say, I don't give a shit about sack totals. Points given up per game is a much more significant stat for a defense, and giving up 20 points/game while our offense scores 31 points per game is a great stat. i know, it's not nearly as sexy as sacks totals, but we win a lot more games with a duller defense, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Oh, and Spags is a dice-rolling genius.

FloridaMan88
12-05-2020, 05:09 PM
Clark can’t use the “sacks stats are meaningless” excuse when the game film shows him currently unable to generate consistent pressure despite being mostly single blocked.

Megatron96
12-05-2020, 05:11 PM
Clark can’t use the “sacks stats are meaningless” excuse when the game film shows him currently unable to generate consistent pressure despite being mostly single blocked.

Actually, he can as long as we keep winning. And as long as the defense keeps holding teams to below their scoring average.

TRR
12-05-2020, 05:11 PM
Then there are 2 "good" defenses in the entire NFL this year.

Bahaha!

FloridaMan88
12-05-2020, 05:13 PM
Actually, he can as long as we keep winning. And as long as the defense keeps holding teams to below their scoring average.

They are winning without him having an impact.

Megatron96
12-05-2020, 05:18 PM
They are winning without him having an impact.

If you think he’s not impacting the game you’re not watching closely enough.

TRR
12-05-2020, 05:18 PM
Dumb. Chiefs are SIXTH in points allowed and that is WITH teams playing catchup scoring garbage time points.

You guys literally don't watch other games do you???

This “you don’t watch other games” comment is stupid.

You and Bob should go have a beer together and talk about the only thing that matters is points allowed. That shtick is old.

This D. This season. Thus far. Not good. Poor tackling, poor run fits, too many self induced penalties, lacking consistent effort and pressure against the pass. We’ll see if they can clean up the issues....if not, they won’t repeat. To this point in the season, the defense has been far from good.

FloridaMan88
12-05-2020, 05:25 PM
If you think he’s not impacting the game you’re not watching closely enough.

If you want to keep trying to force the incorrect narrative that Clark is making an impact... go for it.

Game film and stats confirm otherwise, making you look laughably wrong.

Halfcan
12-05-2020, 05:36 PM
Frank fined for hitting Tom Terrific!

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-frank-clark-fined-roughing-205206142.html

Wallcrawler
12-05-2020, 05:36 PM

You and Bob should go have a beer together and talk about the only thing that matters is points allowed. That shtick is old.

This D. This season. Thus far. Not good. Poor tackling, poor run fits, too many self induced penalties, lacking consistent effort and pressure against the pass. We’ll see if they can clean up the issues....if not, they won’t repeat. To this point in the season, the defense has been far from good.

And yet.....6th in points allowed.

For all our inability to tackle, play disciplined, stop the run and generate pressure, teams sure have had trouble scoring.

As for points allowed being old hat, as long as SCORING THE MOST FUCKING POINTS determines who wins the God damn game, its going to continue to be the most important stat for a defense.

Perhaps you long for the days of Bob Sutton's defenses leading the league in sacks but givng up points as fast as 15 could put them up.

This defense is more than adequate for the Chiefs to repeat. Weve lost ONE game all season.

Teams need to score 29 points JUST FOR A CHANCE TO GET A ROLL OF THE DICE TO BEAT US.

Let that sink in.

They have to score 29, just for a chance to beat KC.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2020, 05:38 PM

6th in points. Watch the fucking games.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-05-2020, 05:39 PM
Good offenses this year TORCH ANY DEFENSE. PERIOD.

scho63
12-05-2020, 05:53 PM

Total team yes!

Defense not even close.

Coochie liquor
12-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Also did the same shit with Mitchell Schwartz in the beginning of the season.

Kinda funny bc Chris Jones is off limits for some reason even though he’s been ass this season.

Isn’t Jones rated around number 8 in the league at his position??

Megatron96
12-05-2020, 06:57 PM
If you want to keep trying to force the incorrect narrative that Clark is making an impact... go for it.

Game film and stats confirm otherwise, making you look laughably wrong.

Hahaha, and yet I was right about Frank all last season. Were you?

And I went to the lengths of actually listing and describing every snap from two separate games to illustrate my points concerning Frank and his impact, despite the fact that he didn't rack up whatever stats people felt were necessary to justify his presence. Clark makes an impact on opposing offenses just by being on the field.

OCs gameplan around him (and Jones and Mathieu).

QBs make adjustments and ultimately execute plays or call audibles when these guys are on the field. Watch enough film and this becomes readily apparent.

So at this point I'm playing with house money. Go ahead and misunderstand what's happening on the field, just because Frank isn't piling up whatever stats you want to believe are oh-so-important.:thumb:

RunKC
12-05-2020, 10:48 PM
Lot of great points here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you&#39;re worrying about the Chiefs&#39; defense, don&#39;t.<br> <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MikeGarafolo</a> tells you why...<br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MythBursters?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MythBursters</a>💥 <a href="https://t.co/zMq1bUA8E9">pic.twitter.com/zMq1bUA8E9</a></p>&mdash; GMFB (@gmfb) <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1335328092080893952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
12-05-2020, 11:23 PM
Hahaha, and yet I was right about Frank all last season. Were you?

And I went to the lengths of actually listing and describing every snap from two separate games to illustrate my points concerning Frank and his impact, despite the fact that he didn't rack up whatever stats people felt were necessary to justify his presence. Clark makes an impact on opposing offenses just by being on the field.

OCs gameplan around him (and Jones and Mathieu).

QBs make adjustments and ultimately execute plays or call audibles when these guys are on the field. Watch enough film and this becomes readily apparent.

So at this point I'm playing with house money. Go ahead and misunderstand what's happening on the field, just because Frank isn't piling up whatever stats you want to believe are oh-so-important.:thumb:

He's paid to make plays despite being game planned for lol. Theres a never ending line of excuses for this guy LMAO

Red Dawg
12-05-2020, 11:45 PM
Lot of great points here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you&#39;re worrying about the Chiefs&#39; defense, don&#39;t.<br> <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MikeGarafolo</a> tells you why...<br> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MythBursters?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MythBursters</a>💥 <a href="https://t.co/zMq1bUA8E9">pic.twitter.com/zMq1bUA8E9</a></p>&mdash; GMFB (@gmfb) <a href="https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1335328092080893952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice! Spags has the secret sauce for the big run!

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2020, 12:25 AM
Brady was getting the ball out pretty quickly last week. I think our guys on the DL played fine.

Jerm
12-06-2020, 12:30 AM
He's paid to make plays despite being game planned for lol. Theres a never ending line of excuses for this guy LMAO

Apparently you missed the playoff run and Super Bowl where the guy showed up and was a force....you know, THE TIME WHEN IT REALLY FUCKING MATTERS.

Not gonna lose my shit over Frank Clark not putting up Pro Bowl numbers in the middle to end of the regular season....who gives a shit. He’ll show up when it matters the most.

-King-
12-06-2020, 12:38 AM
Apparently you missed the playoff run and Super Bowl where the guy showed up and was a force....you know, THE TIME WHEN IT REALLY FUCKING MATTERS.

Not gonna lose my shit over Frank Clark not putting up Pro Bowl numbers in the middle to end of the regular season....who gives a shit. He’ll show up when it matters the most.

So he's just not trying right now?

Jerm
12-06-2020, 12:42 AM

I don’t know and I don’t care, I’m not paying him...as long as he shows up in the playoffs and we keep winning I’m good.

Halfcan
12-06-2020, 02:34 AM
I don’t know and I don’t care, I’m not paying him...as long as he shows up in the playoffs and we keep winning I’m good.

Frank saves his sacks to close out games. :thumb:

Megatron96
12-06-2020, 02:49 AM

And yet he makes plays. You're just not bright enough to see them.

It must be hard for you. Wondering what's going going on, trying to make the most basic of stats make some kind of sense. And yet the most basic of data escape your brain day in and day out.

Titty Meat
12-06-2020, 03:29 AM

Guys have ups and downs during the year it's a long season. Trying to portray him off a handful of regular season games is bullshit.

GayFrogs
12-06-2020, 05:49 AM
Lot of great points here

I hope that happens this year. It feels like the last month the defense has trended downward, but they've won each game. There's been no equivalent of last year's titans game this year to slap them in the face. Based on the press conferences, there's an attitude that they've been playing well enough to win. It feels complacent. Maybe not like 2018, but it feels very 2017.

PAChiefsGuy
12-06-2020, 07:39 AM
Apparently you missed the playoff run and Super Bowl where the guy showed up and was a force....you know, THE TIME WHEN IT REALLY ****ING MATTERS.

He's not being paid to 'show up when it matters most' he is being paid a ridiculous amount of money to show up during regular season and playoffs so stop w that BS. You dont trade a 1st and 2nd round pick and give someone $100-million contract to play a couple games a year.

He's not living up to his contract. Yes we can still win SB w way he has been playing this season but w contract he has that's in spite of him, not because of him.

Chief Roundup
12-06-2020, 08:44 AM
Of course they don't. If they were getting them the story would be different. This was just coach and player speak to down play the situation. If we were not winning they could not play it off like this.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

RunKC
12-06-2020, 10:43 AM
He's not being paid to 'show up when it matters most' he is being paid a ridiculous amount of money to show up during regular season and playoffs so stop w that BS. You dont trade a 1st and 2nd round pick and give someone $100-million contract to play a couple games a year.

He's not living up to his contract. Yes we can still win SB w way he has been playing this season but w contract he has that's in spite of him, not because of him.

He lived up to his contract last postseason. He could quit today and his contract would have been worth every penny.

Sometimes I wonder just if some of you morons actually watched this football team before last year.

If you did you’d see that Frank’s postseason was better than any defender we’ve had in several decades. Oh and that Lombardi trophy you’re seeing for the first time in your lifetime? Yeah Frank was a huge part of giving that to you, you ungrateful mongoloid.

-King-
12-06-2020, 11:15 AM
And yet he makes plays. You're just not bright enough to see them.

It must be hard for you. Wondering what's going going on, trying to make the most basic of stats make some kind of sense. And yet the most basic of data escape your brain day in and day out.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Imagine saying this about a guy making 100mil and who himself said sacks are the reason he was brought here and why he's paid

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No disrespect to a “tackle” but that shit doesn’t feed my family, “sacks”do. New team, new system, doubles, chips, etc. IRRELEVANT. Save the excuses, success in the league isn’t driven with excuses. ♥️🏁<br>-Black Elvis</p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1178445220410789889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
12-06-2020, 11:20 AM
He lived up to his contract last postseason. He could quit today and his contract would have been worth every penny.

Sometimes I wonder just if some of you morons actually watched this football team before last year.

If you did you’d see that Frank’s postseason was better than any defender we’ve had in several decades. Oh and that Lombardi trophy you’re seeing for the first time in your lifetime? Yeah Frank was a huge part of giving that to you, you ungrateful mongoloid.
Has anyone said they weren't thankful for his performance last post season? We're talking about this season and his performance the majority of his time here. He was brought here and paid to be great in both the regular and post season. The fact that the best case scenario is that he doesn't care about the regular season and is just coasting till the playoffs is the best case scenario for him is so dumb.

stevieray
12-06-2020, 11:21 AM
It's funny watching fans of the DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS who have lost one game bitching about Clark.

a lot of wannabe Veaches up in here.

LMAO

staylor26
12-06-2020, 11:23 AM
Oh look King is STILL bitching about Clark. He only spent the entire week on CP bitching about Clark and Hardman, but he’s not bitching guys!

:rolleyes:

-King-
12-06-2020, 11:25 AM
Oh look King is STILL bitching about Clark. He only spent the entire week on CP bitching about Clark and Hardman, but he’s not bitching guys!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No disrespect to a “tackle” but that shit doesn’t feed my family, “sacks”do. New team, new system, doubles, chips, etc. IRRELEVANT. Save the excuses, success in the league isn’t driven with excuses. ♥️🏁<br>-Black Elvis</p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1178445220410789889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Don't argue with me. Argue with Clark.

And you spent the entire week bitching about me :)

TRR
12-06-2020, 11:32 AM
And yet.....6th in points allowed.

For all our inability to tackle, play disciplined, stop the run and generate pressure, teams sure have had trouble scoring.

As for points allowed being old hat, as long as SCORING THE MOST ****ING POINTS determines who wins the God damn game, its going to continue to be the most important stat for a defense.

Perhaps you long for the days of Bob Sutton's defenses leading the league in sacks but givng up points as fast as 15 could put them up.

This defense is more than adequate for the Chiefs to repeat. Weve lost ONE game all season.

Teams need to score 29 points JUST FOR A CHANCE TO GET A ROLL OF THE DICE TO BEAT US.

Let that sink in.

They have to score 29, just for a chance to beat KC.

Funny you say they have to score 29...because that’s just about what the D has given up on average the last three weeks.

TRR
12-06-2020, 11:36 AM
6th in points. Watch the ****ing games.

Heavily skewed by playing the Jets, the Broncos, and a Cam-less Patriots. 28.7 points given up over the last three weeks...including 31 off the bye week.

RunKC
12-06-2020, 11:36 AM
Has anyone said they weren't thankful for his performance last post season? We're talking about this season and his performance the majority of his time here. He was brought here and paid to be great in both the regular and post season. The fact that the best case scenario is that he doesn't care about the regular season and is just coasting till the playoffs is the best case scenario for him is so dumb.

Frank forced a turnover and got a holding call in Tampa. That’s not counting other times he was held that is shown in the Frank Clark thread. “BuT He dIDn’T GeT sAckS!”

And if you’re trying to say his forced turnover doesn’t mean anything bc it was an easy play then you need to give no credit to Matheiu for intercepting an easy pass that was a pop fly bc of a helmet. You also need to not give Chris Jones credit for getting some of his easy sacks.

Oh and Snead caught a pop fly INT in the opener as well as a god awful throw by a rookie QB in his first game (Herbert).

It’s amazing that Clark haters only use this garbage against him and not anyone else. But that’s what you do.

Megatron96
12-06-2020, 11:52 AM
It's funny watching fans of the DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPIONS who have lost one game bitching about Clark.

a lot of wannabe Veaches up in here.

LMAO

These idiots are slowly becoming caricatures of Deberg. It's both funny and sad. It's gotten to the point they can't handle winning. How long will it be before they start bitching about Kelce's contract? Anyone want to set the O/U? I'm thinking +/-1.5 years.

-King-
12-06-2020, 11:58 AM
These idiots are slowly becoming caricatures of Deberg. It's both funny and sad. It's gotten to the point they can't handle winning. How long will it be before they start bitching about Kelce's contract? Anyone want to set the O/U? I'm thinking +/-1.5 years.

Kelce is on his 5th straight 1000 yard season and is having one of the best seasons in TE history. He has never not tried in the regular season just to save it for the post season. Stop saying stupid shit.

-King-
12-06-2020, 12:01 PM
Frank forced a turnover and got a holding call in Tampa. That’s not counting other times he was held that is shown in the Frank Clark thread. “BuT He dIDn’T GeT sAckS!”

And if you’re trying to say his forced turnover doesn’t mean anything bc it was an easy play then you need to give no credit to Matheiu for intercepting an easy pass that was a pop fly bc of a helmet. You also need to not give Chris Jones credit for getting some of his easy sacks.

Oh and Snead caught a pop fly INT in the opener as well as a god awful throw by a rookie QB in his first game (Herbert).

It’s amazing that Clark haters only use this garbage against him and not anyone else. But that’s what you do.

He said it himself that he's paid for sacks. Now suddenly him getting sacks isn't part of the game plan? Lol ok.

And other superstar players make those same "hidden" plays and also make the "flashy stat" plays too. It's not one or the other for premier players.

IowaHawkeyeChief
12-06-2020, 12:06 PM
Clark is playing like garbage. He gets paid big bucks to sack the QB.

Sacking QB's helps the team get the ball back to Mahomes/offense and get W's

Clark isn't doing his part, its just that simple...and it deserves criticism.

remember when we could never set an edge and teams would run outside for 6-9 yards a pop...

htismaqe
12-06-2020, 12:12 PM
Gotta love Chiefsplanet.

Frank Clark may fucking suck but he doesn't suck as bad as this thread.

PAChiefsGuy
12-06-2020, 12:17 PM
He said it himself that he's paid for sacks. Now suddenly him getting sacks isn't part of the game plan? Lol ok.

And other superstar players make those same "hidden" plays and also make the "flashy stat" plays too. It's not one or the other for premier players.

He sure has changed his tune from beginning of the season when he claimed Chris Jones and himself would be best dline duo in the history of NFL.

htismaqe
12-06-2020, 12:19 PM
He sure has changed his tune from beginning of the season when he claimed Chris Jones and himself would be best dline duo in the history of NFL.

All the criticisms from CP got to him. He's not mentally tough.

jerryaldini
12-06-2020, 12:31 PM
remember when we could never set an edge and teams would run outside for 6-9 yards a pop...

Exactly. Chiefs have had success recently stopping the run, so now the last thing left to bitch about is sacks.

RunKC
12-06-2020, 12:52 PM

Using your logic where is the “Chris Jones ****ing sucks” thread? He has like 1 more sack than Frank and gets paid as much. He’s paid to get sacks and is on pace to get 8.

Do you disagree that those are poor numbers for someone getting paid that much?

If you watch this team you’ll see stats are also misleading. Case and point: Matheiu has 3 INT’s and is on pace for 4 but he has not played very well this year.

-King-
12-06-2020, 01:09 PM
Using your logic where is the “Chris Jones ****ing sucks” thread? He has like 1 more sack than Frank and gets paid as much. He’s paid to get sacks and is on pace to get 8.

If you watch this team you’ll see stats are also misleading. Case and point: Matheiu has 3 INT’s and is on pace for 4 but he has not played very well this year.

Chris Jones isn't playing as well as I'd like but he's still getting a lot of pressures. And a top DE should be able to get more sacks than a top DT so...

As far as why you're not seeing threads about it. I don't know. I'm not the one making the frank clark threads either so don't ask me.

RunKC
12-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Chris Jones isn't playing as well as I'd like but he's still getting a lot of pressures.

LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones - 4 pressures vs playoff teams <br><br>Frank Clark - 4 pressures vs playoff teams<br><br>If you include Bal and LV who are in contention; Jones has 10 and Clark 8.</p>&mdash; Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefinCarolina/status/1334219175309549568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-King-
12-06-2020, 01:35 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones - 4 pressures vs playoff teams <br><br>Frank Clark - 4 pressures vs playoff teams<br><br>If you include Bal and LV who are in contention; Jones has 10 and Clark 8.</p>&mdash; Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefinCarolina/status/1334219175309549568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We've played 11 games lol. Those stats account for 2 (4 if you include raiders and ravens). He's in the top 3 in pass rush wins for DTs according to espn.
https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F1201%2Fr783167_1280x720_16-9.jpg&w=1140&cquality=40&format=jpg

But I don't even understand what point you're trying to make. "Chris Jones has been bad too!" Ok lol?

RealSNR
12-06-2020, 06:47 PM

Chris Jones is playing through a rough stretch right now. It’s just about the only one he’s ever had in his entire career.

Frank Clark pulled this shit last regular season and now this year too.

It’s become a troubling pattern with Clark. He better find a way to snap the fuck out of it

-King-
12-06-2020, 06:55 PM
Chris Jones is playing through a rough stretch right now. It’s just about the only one he’s ever had in his entire career.

Frank Clark pulled this shit last regular season and now this year too.

It’s become a troubling pattern with Clark. He better find a way to snap the fuck out of it
I hope he snaps out of it, mostly because it will help the team out but also because it's going to be funny watching the same people who don't care about flashy stats and sacks start pimping those flashy stats and sacks.

CasselGotPeedOn
12-06-2020, 09:21 PM
6th in points. Watch the ****ing games.

Garbage ass Broncos moving the ball up and down the field. BuT wErE 6Th iN pOiNtS!!11!!!1!

We're lucky it was Drew Lock at qb and not someone competent.

Perineum Ripper
12-06-2020, 10:24 PM
Garbage ass Broncos moving the ball up and down the field. BuT wErE 6Th iN pOiNtS!!11!!!1!

Well Denver does average 19 ppg and the Chiefs held them to 16, so I fail to see the issue.

Sannyasi
12-06-2020, 10:25 PM

Kelce one of the greatest TE's ever.

Clark a fucking bum who is stealing his contract.

Jones eats double teams every play and still produces more than Clark.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2020, 10:32 PM

ROFL16 points allowed...under season average for Denver including in that a game with a WR at QB. So your point is dumb. How many did they score on Pitt with that turd Driskell?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2020, 10:34 PM
Lowered our PPG allowed today!

Wallcrawler
12-06-2020, 10:36 PM

Haha wow you are a fucking idiot.

As the Kansas City Chiefs offense was made painfully aware of tonight, it doesnt matter how easy you go up and down the field if you cant score points.

Another stellar outing for the D. 16 points surrendered, 2INT, and a snuffed 2pt play.

If the offense had shown up today, nobody would be saying shit about giving up 16.

jerryaldini
12-06-2020, 10:40 PM
Another great game Spags! Love this D! 5 of 8 on stops!

JakeF
12-06-2020, 10:47 PM
How about a sack or 2 to stop the passing attack? How about constant pressure to make guys like Carr wet themselves and start throwing INTs?

CasselGotPeedOn
12-06-2020, 10:51 PM
1 sack in the last 116 pass attempts. Yikes.

Megatron96
12-06-2020, 10:52 PM
How about a sack or 2 to stop the passing attack? How about constant pressure to make guys like Carr wet themselves and start throwing INTs?

Lock threw two INTs. And a pile of INC passes. You think that wasn't the result of pressure?

Megatron96
12-06-2020, 10:56 PM
1 sack in the last 116 pass attempts. Yikes.

It doesn't help when the refs aren't calling holding. On the last DEN drive Bolles bearhugged Clark and picked him up off the ground and there wasn't a flag.

Jones got doubled a lot, but also was held pretty much every play. The play where he dropped Gordon for a loss late in the game, he had two OLs hanging off his jersey, and no flags.

I don't know what's going on, but we aren't getting any calls in our favor from the refs lately. And the infractions are starting to get egregious.

Red Dawg
12-06-2020, 10:57 PM
Defense was good tonight for the most part. 16 points is nothing.

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2020, 11:07 PM
Clark, Jones, and the DLine played really well. I don't think Chief Fan understands football whatsoever.

Coach
12-06-2020, 11:08 PM
Seems like the Chiefs defense tend to struggle in the first half or so.

But then seems like the light switch usually comes on in the 2nd half, especially in the 4th quarter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs defense allowed 1.93 yards per play and a 73% defensive success rate in the fourth quarter.<br><br>That included three drives, all protecting a lead of less than a touchdown.</p>&mdash; Craig Stout (@barleyhop) <a href="https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/1335802559227957248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Halfcan
12-06-2020, 11:10 PM
Lock ran the same rollout bootleg all night and the Chiefs bit on it every time. Eric Hicks was awful tonight.

Glad Honey Badger came to play tonight.

jerryaldini
12-06-2020, 11:10 PM
Seems like the Chiefs defense tend to struggle in the first half or so.

But then seems like the light switch usually comes on in the 2nd half, especially in the 4th quarter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs defense allowed 1.93 yards per play and a 73% defensive success rate in the fourth quarter.<br><br>That included three drives, all protecting a lead of less than a touchdown.</p>&mdash; Craig Stout (@barleyhop) <a href="https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/1335802559227957248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cool stat! Defense is clutch!

Pitt Gorilla
12-06-2020, 11:13 PM
Lock threw two INTs. And a pile of INC passes. You think that wasn't the result of pressure?

Chief Fan doesn't understand pressure. If it's not a sack or a turnover, it doesn't count.

JakeF
12-06-2020, 11:16 PM
Probably more because he sucks we did get some pretty tonight. Lock held the ball too long and Spags was more aggressive about sending people. I imagine Spags saw that the offense was sucking tonight and knew he had to do something extra.

I think that post was about a specific player, not the defense in general. :shrug: