PDA

View Full Version : Football 9U football coach smacks his player twice on the head

Deberg_1990
12-10-2020, 09:47 AM
Wow!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No room in the game for coaches like this. I hope he is arrested and banned for life. <a href="https://t.co/1B0F2cLiqH">pic.twitter.com/1B0F2cLiqH</a></p>&mdash; Coach Reed (@CoachReed314) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachReed314/status/1336668569845764098?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hydrae
12-10-2020, 09:48 AM
Damn, that is hard to watch.

BigBeauford
12-10-2020, 09:51 AM
Go straight to jail fuckhead.

ptlyon
12-10-2020, 09:51 AM
JFC is the kid 10?

That motherfucker will get his someway, somewhere, sometime.

ChiefBlueCFC
12-10-2020, 09:52 AM
this is supposedly the comment by that league regarding this incident...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From the organization! <a href="https://t.co/IanqctjuZu">pic.twitter.com/IanqctjuZu</a></p>&mdash; Geoffrey Todd (@TeamTodd_CEO) <a href="https://twitter.com/TeamTodd_CEO/status/1336788689926623232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiefBlueCFC
12-10-2020, 09:53 AM
The apology

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">His weakass apology. That wasn’t his kid and the parents forgave him? Smh couldn’t be mine. <a href="https://t.co/deFKpVTYNP">pic.twitter.com/deFKpVTYNP</a></p>&mdash; TK F. (@BornARam916) <a href="https://twitter.com/BornARam916/status/1336856997828825088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
12-10-2020, 09:54 AM
A little too far? Get the fuck out of here. That dude should never coach again.

BigBeauford
12-10-2020, 09:55 AM
The apology

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">His weakass apology. That wasn’t his kid and the parents forgave him? Smh couldn’t be mine. <a href="https://t.co/deFKpVTYNP">pic.twitter.com/deFKpVTYNP</a></p>&mdash; TK F. (@BornARam916) <a href="https://twitter.com/BornARam916/status/1336856997828825088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There was no hesitation there. You can tell he's used to laying hands on people smaller than him like that.

allen_kcCard
12-10-2020, 09:56 AM
I would have full on attacked his ass.

Cheater5
12-10-2020, 09:56 AM
Just keepin' it real, dawg. He a good guy -- just took it too far.

crispystl
12-10-2020, 09:57 AM
I can’t believe no one intervened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sassy Squatch
12-10-2020, 09:57 AM
The fuck are the useless assholes in the stands doing?

Why Not?
12-10-2020, 09:58 AM
Not sure about the coach but I’d certainly be in jail if that were my son.

Gravedigger
12-10-2020, 10:01 AM
Yeah I wish a parent would've come and smacked him upside his head in front of the kids, see how he likes it.

The Franchise
12-10-2020, 10:02 AM
The fuck are the useless assholes in the stands doing?

Letting it happen so their kids can play in the NFL?

Have you been to a youth football game? Everyone is busy screaming at the refs for blown calls or fighting in the stands.

Mr. Plow
12-10-2020, 10:03 AM
this is supposedly the comment by that league regarding this incident...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From the organization! <a href="https://t.co/IanqctjuZu">pic.twitter.com/IanqctjuZu</a></p>&mdash; Geoffrey Todd (@TeamTodd_CEO) <a href="https://twitter.com/TeamTodd_CEO/status/1336788689926623232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Longest run on sentence I've ever seen.

excessive
12-10-2020, 10:07 AM
Shameful, but reminds me of playing Catholic league youth football in the late 60s, early 70s. Back then, the nuns beat on you during the day, and the football coaches took over in the afternoon. That slap/punch (can't tell from the video) was bad, worse than anything I remember, but grabbing and twisting face masks, throwing footballs at players (usually aimed at the head), wake up call head slaps, and not to mention withholding water and insanely fun tackling drills, was just the way they used to coach up youth football.

Bob Dole
12-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Longest run on sentence I've ever seen.

You mean witch you’ve ever seen?

notorious
12-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Unreal.

I’ve seen a coach go off on 8 and 9 year olds from an opposing team in our local league. If he laid his hands on a kid about 20 people would be lined up to annihilate him on the spot.

I can’t believe people watched and let that happen.

BigBeauford
12-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Shameful, but reminds me of playing Catholic league youth football in the late 60s, early 70s. Back then, the nuns beat on you during the day, and the football coaches took over in the afternoon. That slap/punch (can't tell from the video) was bad, worse than anything I remember, but grabbing and twisting face masks, throwing footballs at players (usually aimed at the head), wake up call head slaps, and not to mention withholding water and insanely fun tackling drills, was just the way they used to coach up youth football.

Sure, I've had my face mask grabbed by my coach and screamed at in my face like the rest of us, but that kid is what...9? That was a full force smash.

Old Dog
12-10-2020, 10:43 AM
Go straight to jail fuckhead.

And then show the video to the other inmates and walk away.....

DJJasonp
12-10-2020, 10:44 AM
This reminds me of a story.

The summer before my HS senior year, I was playing 3&2 baseball. We had a practice where one of the kids on our team was a wise-ass, and he was razzing the hell out of one of our coaches who was pitching batting practice/game scenarios. ("you suck....you cant throw strikes, etc. etc) I was playing catcher.

The kid razzing the coach (who was a dad of one of my teammates) was playing first base, and he kept on razzing him. After walking a batter, the first baseman starts laughing and razzing more.......the coach/pitcher, starts storming towards the kid playing first - and we all started laughing that he was playing it up like he was coming for him.

Welp - he was - coach just starts unloading haymakers on the 16 yr old kid playing first.

We all stood in shock while the other coaches try to get him off the kid. The guy simply snapped. He walked to his car, drove off, and that was that. (I dont think he was arrested, though he was banned from 3&2).

One of the most shocking things I've ever witnessed.

Garcia Bronco
12-10-2020, 10:47 AM
It's child abuse. It's illegal everywhere. The person (can't call it a coach) should get charged and have their day in court.

Shoes
12-10-2020, 10:53 AM
Absolute fucking idiot of a coach- deserves to have his ass beat.

Iowanian
12-10-2020, 10:54 AM
I have coached and still coach youth sports for years. Baseball, wrestling and football.

There is no place for that at all. Each kid needs to be coached differently, some respond better to kindness, others to harsher treatment but that is so far over the line it can't be defended in any way. that's assault. period.

As a coach of young boys, your job is to be a role model for the ones who need it, a mentor to those who need it, and example for those who need it. Teach them fundamentals and enjoyment of the sport so they want to continue to participate at the next level. That's it.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2020, 10:54 AM
Sure, I've had my face mask grabbed by my coach and screamed at in my face like the rest of us, but that kid is what...9? That was a full force smash.

Yep. Kid is 9.

How can a coach get that outraged about a 9 year old kids play???

Garcia Bronco
12-10-2020, 10:59 AM
I have coached and still coach youth sports for years. Baseball, wrestling and football.

There is no place for that at all. Each kid needs to be coached differently, some respond better to kindness, others to harsher treatment but that is so far over the line it can't be defended in any way. that's assault. period.

As a coach of young boys, your job is to be a role model for the ones who need it, a mentor to those who need it, and example for those who need it. Teach them fundamentals and enjoyment of the sport so they want to continue to participate at the next level. That's it.

it's battery. Battery is actual physical harm. Assault is typically verbal in nature.

fan4ever
12-10-2020, 11:00 AM
Jail.

KS Smitty
12-10-2020, 11:02 AM
He should have been ejected from the game and banned from coaching in addition to going to jail.

ChiefRocka
12-10-2020, 11:07 AM
“Lil shit called me a bitch ass ho”

fan4ever
12-10-2020, 11:07 AM
I was watching a friends son play in a little league game where one of the dads would seat up a set right behind the fence from home plate. His son was pitching and the dad would berate the kids coming to bat..."he's a loser...he can't hit...he's afraid of you..." was some of the shit he'd spew at 11 years olds at the plate. I was amazed none of the dads went over to put an end to that bullcrap. After a couple of innings I went over to the guy and said "I have no idea why none of the dads here haven't beat your ass but my son plays your team next week and if you pull this pathetic shit I'll be the one beating your ass". He told me to fuck off and I said "You've been warned". He wasn't there the next week, or all the rest of the season. Somebody must have taken action with the league...the smarter thing to do, but man he needed an ass kickin' really bad.

Pants
12-10-2020, 11:10 AM
Not sure about the coach but I’d certainly be in jail if that were my son.

As a father of a boy, this is what I'm feeling as well.

tyecopeland
12-10-2020, 11:16 AM
But what if the kid called him an n word? That seems to be a common defense strategy.

Megatron96
12-10-2020, 11:16 AM
Obviously that fuckhead needs to be arrested. Beaten to within an inch of his life would be far more appropriate, but the PC thing to say is arrested, so whatever.

Nearly as upsetting is the complete lack of response by any adult in the stands/watching. Some guy takes a video, but otherwise, they just watch this shithead slap a 9 year old in the head twice like it's nothing?

Cowards.

LoneWolf
12-10-2020, 11:18 AM
That isn't an apology. He has absolutely no remorse for his actions. "I shouldn't have disciplined the kid in public" is a really shitty excuse. No, fuckhead, you shouldn't be hitting a nine year old in the head like he is a grown ass man.

I hope the guy does a little jail time for assault/child abuse and someone smacks his butthole with the head of their dick.

BigCatDaddy
12-10-2020, 11:20 AM
I'd still rather be that kid than read a Deberg thread.

stevieray
12-10-2020, 11:20 AM
failed football player living vicariously.

I REALLY wish that kid's Dad would have been there. Fell sorry for that kid.

Kind of surprised someone didn't do something.

Sassy Squatch
12-10-2020, 11:40 AM
15 seconds real time between the two hits and the refs are standing behind them in a circle doing fuck all. You seriously didn't see a coach go upside that poor kids head?

Sassy Squatch
12-10-2020, 11:43 AM
They deleted that terrible apology.

Third Eye
12-10-2020, 11:44 AM
But what if the kid called him an n word? That seems to be a common defense strategy.

There are a select few posters here who every time they post something, I think to myself, “This guy is a fucking moron.” Congrats on being in that club.

tooge
12-10-2020, 12:04 PM
Y'all know what I would have done

stanleychief
12-10-2020, 12:10 PM
15 seconds real time between the two hits and the refs are standing behind them in a circle doing **** all. You seriously didn't see a coach go upside that poor kids head?

Was thinking that too. It looked for a moment like an assistant coach was going to step in, but he just stood there too. Maybe that kid is a a-hole or something, but it still doesn't excuse that behavior.

Perineum Ripper
12-10-2020, 12:10 PM
I would still be in the operating room, due to the need to remove my foot from his asshole. My kid or not, I won’t sit and watch someone hit a child like that, absolutely no reason to do that.

ChiTown
12-10-2020, 12:12 PM
That fuckhead is lucky that some Parent didn't come out of the stands beat his ass senseless. He's actually REALLY fortunate some Parent didn't shoot his punk ass

AdolfOliverBush
12-10-2020, 12:23 PM
This guy should've been attacked like that official in Texas.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2020, 12:33 PM
The mom was defending the coach during his apology. :facepalm:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Apparently the kids mom has no problem with what happened. Look at the live feed comments. <a href="https://t.co/6n65Tv7nYt">pic.twitter.com/6n65Tv7nYt</a></p>&mdash; InsulinJunky (@JunkyInsulin) <a href="https://twitter.com/JunkyInsulin/status/1337014951127486464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Valiant
12-10-2020, 12:34 PM
The team/league response was just as bad

Spott
12-10-2020, 12:47 PM
You gotta be tough if you want to get in Cobra Kai.

ptlyon
12-10-2020, 12:50 PM
You gotta be tough if you want to get in Cobra Kai.

son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough

Gravedigger
12-10-2020, 12:54 PM
So she goes full Adrian Peterson on her kids too. Makes sense.

wazu
12-10-2020, 12:56 PM
There are 2 other coaches right there watching this. How in the hell are they not intervening in any way?! I am in no way a tough guy but that coach would be hitting the deck with everything I had, if for no other reason than to have him kick my ass instead of some 9 year old kid.

ModSocks
12-10-2020, 01:06 PM
More senseless black on black crime.

**EDIT** Shit im not in D.C

A Salt Weapon
12-10-2020, 01:06 PM
I was legitimately coming in here expecting to see something trivial and defend the coach, but no, as a football coach of 10U and 12U, Fuck that dude.

Was really expecting to see a small tap on the back or top of a helmet. Jeez I mean I’m hard AF on my two boys, way worse than what I would do to another kid unless they are good friends and my limit is nowhere near anything like that. Just fucking stupid on the coaches part.

mililo4cpa
12-10-2020, 01:17 PM
Obviously very disturbing....

The thing that stands out the most is the kids that got walloped is way smaller than most of the other kids, so probably means the Coach is only playing them because he had to, and the kids are probably not as athletic or gifted as some of the bigger kids....

I used to coach those ages when my son was that age, and the only thing at that age that I stressed was effort....at that age, you're simply not going to have a team full of athletes. So, I tried to use that platform as more of a "life lesson" situation: If you apply effort and heart to what you are doing, then you'll be a winner regardless of what the scoreboard says. My players, while not all gifted, would play their asses of.....that was the only requirement. Believe me, I don't mean that from a "everybody gets a trophy perspective", because I don't....what I mean is that "if you are going to step out on that field or court....have some pride in how you conduct yourself".....otherwise, don't play sports and go find something that you are passionate about, and put the effort there.....but if you're going to play, regardless of whether you are physically talented or not, put effort into it....Most of the kids responded very positively to that, and when that short dorky kid got a rebound, or that awkwardly big kid made a free throw, it meant a lot to them, because they know they earned it...

Unfortunately, most coaches only care about the winning, and those that physically cannot perform from an athletic sense are generally ostracized because of it. That's all I see in that video: A coach that doesn't care for the kids, only about the score on the scoreboard, and making an example out of kids that can't physically deliver what he wants....This will ultimately lead most of those kids to giving up something that should end up being a fond memory and the building block for the future whether in sports or something else. Very pathetic display

smithandrew051
12-10-2020, 01:53 PM
I was legitimately coming in here expecting to see something trivial and defend the coach, but no, as a football coach of 10U and 12U, Fuck that dude.

Was really expecting to see a small tap on the back or top of a helmet. Jeez I mean I’m hard AF on my two boys, way worse than what I would do to another kid unless they are good friends and my limit is nowhere near anything like that. Just fucking stupid on the coaches part.

Yeah same here. That was way worse than I expected.

I really think the authorities need to step in here. A grown man isn’t allowed to assault a child (or anyone really) without repercussions, regardless of how the mom responds.

Shit, if she’s allowing it then it’s damn near child endangerment IMO.

BigBeauford
12-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Yeah same here. That was way worse than I expected.

I really think the authorities need to step in here. A grown man isn’t allowed to assault a child (or anyone really) without repercussions, regardless of how the mom responds.

Shit, if she’s allowing it then it’s damn near child endangerment IMO.

Her response to me seems like there isn't a dad figure in the kids life, and she probably thinks it's good for the kid to be taken down a notch.

notorious
12-10-2020, 01:59 PM
Their moms are grade-A winners.

I feel horrible for their kids. They are going to have to beat the odds to make it.

smithandrew051
12-10-2020, 02:00 PM
Her response to me seems like there isn't a dad figure in the kids life, and she probably thinks it's good for the kid to be taken down a notch.

I feel awful for kids in that situation. Talk about facing an upward climb from the day you’re born.

Why Not?
12-10-2020, 02:13 PM
I was legitimately coming in here expecting to see something trivial and defend the coach, but no, as a football coach of 10U and 12U, **** that dude.

Was really expecting to see a small tap on the back or top of a helmet. Jeez I mean I’m hard AF on my two boys, way worse than what I would do to another kid unless they are good friends and my limit is nowhere near anything like that. Just ****ing stupid on the coaches part.

I’m hard on the kids I coach. I’ve pulled kids in 8U for committing penalties or missing assignments. Part of football is learning discipline. But I’m also very complimentary when they listen or make a play. Same way I am with my own boys. I’m the first to congratulate and the first to condemn. But I would never, ever lay hands on someone else’s child. And if mine needed a kick in the ass, it would never occur in public. And certainly never over youth sports. My Lord.

vailpass
12-10-2020, 02:32 PM
The only things you teach a young man by striking his head is that he is worthless and that he someday wants to beat your ass.

Dayze
12-10-2020, 03:16 PM
mom's are just banking on their kid one day hopefully making it to the NFL.

it's worth it in their eyes.
beat my kids ass, coach....as long as it helps him get to the league so he can buy me a house.

ptlyon
12-10-2020, 03:33 PM
The only things you teach a young man by striking his head is that he is worthless and that he someday wants to beat your ass.

Well, if he thinks he's worthless, he won't try to kick your ass.

(not defending the dumb bastard in any way BTW)

tooge
12-10-2020, 03:40 PM
Can't you CP geniuses figure out this losers name so we can bombard his personal life?

Bill Brasky
12-10-2020, 04:13 PM
That apology was embarrassing. You can absolutely tell he hits the kids regularly.

I had a coach shake a player in the dugout and slam his back against the fence, maybe 13 years old. Everyone saw and the parents pulled their kids and the team dissolved the next day. That's how it should be handled IMO.

vailpass
12-10-2020, 04:48 PM
Well, if he thinks he's worthless, he won't try to kick your ass.

(not defending the dumb bastard in any way BTW)

I humbly disagree.

MeaTy The Pimp
12-10-2020, 05:11 PM
Try that shit around here (Louisville), and he would have been pistol-whipped on the spot. Hell, he probably wouldn't have made it off of the field.

If it was one of my kids or one of my grandkids, they would find the fucker decaying in a ditch somewhere.

Rain Man
12-10-2020, 05:21 PM

You might also teach him to duck.

TLO
12-10-2020, 05:35 PM
Wow. That was terrible to watch.

WhiteWhale
12-10-2020, 05:35 PM

I had a friend who's dad used to smack him in the head like that.

When he was 17 he beat the fucking shit out of his old man, and is now in prison for being a violent douche of an adult himself.

kccrow
12-10-2020, 05:46 PM
I don't even know if disturbing adequately describes this. It's downright f'n sickening. Battery and child abuse for him. Child neglect for the mother and pull that kid from her custody. It's bullshit, all of it.

eDave
12-10-2020, 05:48 PM
You mean witch you’ve ever seen?

Which

vailpass
12-10-2020, 06:01 PM
You might also teach him to duck.

That too.:D

vailpass
12-10-2020, 06:04 PM

When he was 17 he beat the ****ing shit out of his old man, and is now in prison for being a violent douche of an adult himself.

Yep. It’s savage and serves no constructive prose. His dad wasn’t trying to teach him anything. You throw hands at a kid’s head it’s a whole different world than an ass beating. They’re either going to come back at you when they can or always think they should have. Unless they outgrow it.

Pitt Gorilla
12-10-2020, 06:29 PM
I’m hard on the kids I coach. I’ve pulled kids in 8U for committing penalties or missing assignments. Part of football is learning discipline. But I’m also very complimentary when they listen or make a play. Same way I am with my own boys. I’m the first to congratulate and the first to condemn. But I would never, ever lay hands on someone else’s child. And if mine needed a kick in the ass, it would never occur in public. And certainly never over youth sports. My Lord.Yikes.

notorious
12-10-2020, 06:31 PM

When he was 17 he beat the ****ing shit out of his old man, and is now in prison for being a violent douche of an adult himself.

That fits the profile.

This stuff gets passed down. Once upon a time this douche was a little kid that got abused.

Deberg_1990
12-10-2020, 06:42 PM
Yikes.

Yea. Seems slightly excessive for 8 year olds.

Why Not?
12-10-2020, 07:07 PM
Yea. Seems slightly excessive for 8 year olds.

Depends on the relationship you have with the kids. I’ve done it twice and both kids after being put back in the game played lights out and were publicly called out by me for stepping up and responding through adversity. Trust me, 8 in a “competitive” league is old enough to where your teammates are going to not be pleased with you if your fucking around leads to a touchdown they scored being called back because of a penalty. Some kids there’s no way I would’ve done that. 8 isn’t 5. As long as you’re not a total dick about it, you can teach a lesson.

Either way, the point here is even those amongst us that tend to be more disciplinary in our approach find this story despicable.

seclark
12-10-2020, 07:29 PM
Otis Tate was terrible mean to his boy Marvin. Why, he’d beat him with his fists in front of other people. He even made Marvin live in the old house on the hill behind his place, where kept the chickens. Well, when Marvin got old enough, he stole the chickens and sold them to buy some new clothes. Well, Otis was mad!

Later on, Otis told Marvin that if he helped put the hay up he’d let him go to the picnic on the 4th of July. Well, Marvin put up the hay, and went to the picnic, but he never went home. When he growed up, he went back and whooped old Otis within an inch of his life. After that, Otis said he wished he’d never had kids.
Uncle Ernie

LTL
12-10-2020, 07:35 PM
Letting it happen so their kids can play in the NFL?

Have you been to a youth football game? Everyone is busy screaming at the refs for blown calls or fighting in the stands.

Didn't mean to thumb down that post. Fat fingers

redshirt32
12-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Normal everyday sht in some homes nothin to see here move along.

stumppy
12-10-2020, 08:47 PM
https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/10/lebron-james-viral-coach-punch-video-outrage-youth-football/

YOUTH FOOTBALL COACH
INVESTIGATED FOR CHILD ABUSE
Victim's Mom Doesn't Want To Press Charges:

10:53 AM PT -- The coach who attacked the kid has been identified at Gerrel Williams -- who actually worked for a Sheriff's Dept. in Georgia.
Law enforcement tells TMZ Sports ... the Osceola County Sheriff's Office in Florida investigated Williams for possible child abuse after someone sent them video of the Dec. 7 incident.
Investigators noted the violence in the video and ultimately made contact with the victim's mother ... but she made it clear she did NOT want to press charges against the coach.
That doesn't mean he's off the hook -- it's possible prosecutors can move forward with charges and use the video evidence. But, it's much tougher to get a conviction without a cooperating victim.............

Spott
12-10-2020, 09:08 PM
Almost sounds like the kid’s mom is dating the coach.

dlphg9
12-10-2020, 09:27 PM
That guy needs to take a hammer to the temple. That motherfucker honestly needs to spend some time in jail. His fucking apology is garbage too and for him to say that he shouldn't have disciplined him for what he did in public and should have done it properly makes me think that he is doing this shit all the time and needs beat to death. Motherfucker could cause a concussion doing that shit.

vailpass
12-10-2020, 09:45 PM

Yep. You're well read and much smarter than I look.

In 7th grade Catholic school I took a shot across the chops from a priest in the principal's office. He was 6'5" 300, I was 5'8" 150. I hated him for that with a fury, swore I'd get him when I could. Years later I saw him. He was much smaller, I was much bigger. I had no desire.

Halfcan
12-10-2020, 09:50 PM
I hope this pos goes to jail.

KS Smitty
12-10-2020, 09:59 PM
Banned 4 life.

https://wikiglobals.com/coach-gerrell-williams/?fbclid=IwAR35YaxVKXTZouhnNbG1TDW24zIItpi04lKI6u9nktPDCKm5wjWVNk7ttWU

wazu
12-10-2020, 10:04 PM
Banned 4 life.

https://wikiglobals.com/coach-gerrell-williams/?fbclid=IwAR35YaxVKXTZouhnNbG1TDW24zIItpi04lKI6u9nktPDCKm5wjWVNk7ttWU

I honestly don't give a shit about banning him for life. That shouldn't even be in question. He should be banned because he is in jail, and physically unable to even make it to a football field to coach anybody or assault any other kid for whatever random reason he deems acceptable.

InChiefsHeaven
12-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Banned 4 life.

The article calls him a soccer coach...:spock:

tyecopeland
12-11-2020, 09:00 AM
There are a select few posters here who every time they post something, I think to myself, “This guy is a fucking moron.” Congrats on being in that club.

That's funny because of two reasons. One, I really doubt you've seen most of my posts. And two, that post was sarcasm.

But cool for you and your opinion.

ChiTown
12-11-2020, 10:30 AM
https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/10/lebron-james-viral-coach-punch-video-outrage-youth-football/

YOUTH FOOTBALL COACH
INVESTIGATED FOR CHILD ABUSE
Victim's Mom Doesn't Want To Press Charges:

10:53 AM PT -- The coach who attacked the kid has been identified at Gerrel Williams -- who actually worked for a Sheriff's Dept. in Georgia.
Law enforcement tells TMZ Sports ... the Osceola County Sheriff's Office in Florida investigated Williams for possible child abuse after someone sent them video of the Dec. 7 incident.
Investigators noted the violence in the video and ultimately made contact with the victim's mother ... but she made it clear she did NOT want to press charges against the coach.
That doesn't mean he's off the hook -- it's possible prosecutors can move forward with charges and use the video evidence. But, it's much tougher to get a conviction without a cooperating victim.............

Wow. So, he’s an angry Cop who gets his jollies smacking the shit out of 9 year old kids? This is bad

DeepPurple
12-11-2020, 12:10 PM
On the noon news here in the Orlando area, they said he was fired from his job as a detention center counselor in Chatham Co, Georgia, which is Savannah. The mother of the child is not pressing charges, but the Osceola County DA, which is where Kissimmee, Florida is located, is pressing charges. The youth football league has issued a lifetime ban from ever coaching again or having any contact.

vailpass
12-11-2020, 12:27 PM
On the noon news here in the Orlando area, they said he was fired from his job as a detention center counselor in Chatham Co, Georgia, which is Savannah. The mother of the child is not pressing charges, but the Osceola County DA, which is where Kissimmee, Florida is located, is pressing charges. The youth football league has issued a lifetime ban from ever coaching again or having any contact.

I wonder what legal grounds they have to fire him?

alanm
12-11-2020, 12:41 PM
I wonder what legal grounds they have to fire him?I've always wondered about that myself. You hear about people posting stuff on FB the next thing you know their job fires them. And it has nothing to do with their job. I suppose the lawyers are cleaning up.

BigCatDaddy
12-11-2020, 12:57 PM
I've always wondered about that myself. You hear about people posting stuff on FB the next thing you know their job fires them. And it has nothing to do with their job. I suppose the lawyers are cleaning up.

I think in MO you can fired without cause except for the normal discrimination stuff. Not sure about other states.

vailpass
12-11-2020, 01:03 PM
I've always wondered about that myself. You hear about people posting stuff on FB the next thing you know their job fires them. And it has nothing to do with their job. I suppose the lawyers are cleaning up.

The trend of people losing their livelihoods because of internet reports not directly related to their employment performance is disturbing and dangerous. I hope you’re right about attorneys successfully suing for wrongful termination.

ptlyon
12-11-2020, 01:34 PM
I wonder what legal grounds they have to fire him?

I wonder what legal bounds he has to keep a job of a child detention councilor when it is proven, on tape, that he beats kids?

I'm sure there's some phony legal mumbo-jumbo in his employment contract or guidelines about that.

Seriously, what are the last few posts about?

vailpass
12-11-2020, 01:37 PM
I wonder what legal bounds he has to keep a job of a child detention councilor when it is proven, on tape, that he beats kids?

I'm sure there's some phony legal mumbo-jumbo in his employment contract or guidelines about that.

Seriously, what are the last few posts about?

Try to overcome your emotions and you may understand the point.

ptlyon
12-11-2020, 01:42 PM
Try to overcome your emotions and you may understand the point.

So you don't think there is some guidelines they would have to adhere to? Would it be OK if he did that at work then? What about a sexual relationship then. Regardless if he councils the kid or not. Is that acceptable?

Please let me know what your limitations are.

ThaVirus
12-11-2020, 01:42 PM
I'm not a lawyer but Florida is a right-to-work state so as long as you're not being discriminated against for racial, sexist, religious, etc. reasons they can pretty much can you for any reason.

vailpass
12-11-2020, 01:47 PM
So you don't think there is some guidelines they would have to adhere to? Would it be OK if he did that at work then? What about a sexual relationship then. Regardless if he councils the kid or not. Is that acceptable?

Please let me know what your limitations are.

I don’t know what the legality is surrounding his termination. That’s why I asked the question.

It’s still okay to ask questions. You don’t need to let it launch you into histrionics when someone discusses different angles of a topic.

ptlyon
12-11-2020, 01:51 PM
I don’t know what the legality is surrounding his termination. That’s why I asked the question.

It’s still play to ask questions. You don’t need to let it launch you into histrionics when someone discusses different angles of a topic.

Gottcha - I understand your questions reasoning now.

I personally don't know, but if he were allowed to still keep his job, this country has gone to hell. Well, actually it already has.

Good, day!

vailpass
12-11-2020, 02:03 PM
I'm not a lawyer but Florida is a right-to-work state so as long as you're not being discriminated against for racial, sexist, religious, etc. reasons they can pretty much can you for any reason.

I’m curious if there is any legal standing where you can prove they terminated you for reasons outside of your employment. Not just in this specific case but in general.

vailpass
12-11-2020, 02:04 PM
Gottcha - I understand your questions reasoning now.

I personally don't know, but if he were allowed to still keep his job, this country has gone to hell. Well, actually it already has.

Good, day!

We all agree his actions are loathsome. I appreciate you looking at the side questions. :thumb:

Bob Dole
12-11-2020, 05:10 PM
At least the asahole has been charged.

Buehler445
12-12-2020, 02:39 AM
Has this fucker been murdered yet?

LoneWolf
12-12-2020, 05:26 AM
I’m curious if there is any legal standing where you can prove they terminated you for reasons outside of your employment. Not just in this specific case but in general.

In a right to work state it doesn’t matter as long as you’re not firing someone because of their race, religion, or sex. I terminated an employee about 5 years ago because he was caught stealing 1,000s of dollars from his grandfather’s estate. I don’t want known thieves working for me. He tried to sue us and the case was thrown out.

Deberg_1990
12-12-2020, 07:19 AM

People get fired all the time if they commit crimes outside of their daily jobs.

Pointer19
12-12-2020, 09:00 AM

See Colin Kaepernick

burt
12-12-2020, 09:31 AM
Damn. Just watched it again. I wanna kick that guys ass! But I'm too lazy......

GloryDayz
12-12-2020, 09:41 AM
He's in some serious trouble.

DeepPurple
12-13-2020, 09:59 AM
Most civil service jobs will have wording in their employment contract that they must follow a code of conduct and can be terminated for actions that are detrimental to their public image and the department's image. Criminal charges would be included and I'm sure the DA charged this person with a felony and not a misdemeanor.

FAX
12-13-2020, 10:14 AM

I'm not a total asshole (only "partial"), but I doubt that Florida is a right-to-assault-little-freaking-kids-just-trying-to-learn-a-sport state.

FAX

vailpass
12-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Most civil service jobs will have wording in their employment contract that they must follow a code of conduct and can be terminated for actions that are detrimental to their public image and the department's image. Criminal charges would be included and I'm sure the DA charged this person with a felony and not a misdemeanor.

Thanks. Sort of a moral turpitude clause by the sound of it? The opportunity for employee abuse with this kind of thing concerns me due to the arbitrary nature of its application.

vailpass
12-13-2020, 01:24 PM
I'm not a total asshole (only "partial"), but I doubt that Florida is a right-to-assault-little-freaking-kids-just-trying-to-learn-a-sport state.

FAX

That seems likely. Since he didn’t abuse any kids at work, I wonder where the legal line is between at-work and not-at-work actions and an employer’s legal right to take adverse actions against an employee based on activity outside the scope of work?

GloryDayz
12-13-2020, 01:26 PM
They should lock him up, sooner or later the dad would find him and then things happen.

manchambo
12-13-2020, 01:45 PM

You can fire someone from most any job for crimes or misbehavior unrelated to work.

But I also think publicly committing a crime against a child is related to his work as a retention counselor.