PDA

View Full Version : News The Kids are Alright

vailpass
12-11-2020, 03:59 PM
It doesn’t make the news all the time but there are a lot of good kids in the country. And yeah the lady seems a little whacky.

Scottsdale teen finds envelope with almost $13K in cash, turns it in to police

SCOTTSDALE, AZ (3TV/CBS5) - A Scottsdale teenager found an envelope full of cash and credit cards in a mall parking lot and turned it in to police, who were able to track down the rightful owner.

"What's going through my mind is, somebody wants this back and I want to find out who and make sure they can get it back," said Jack Davis, a freshman at Rancho Solano Preparatory.

In November, a woman who works at a nail salon at The Promenade in Scottsdale became sick at work and decided she needed to leave. "I got really dizzy and I tell them, I cannot stay, I have to go home," explained Thu Dinh.

Once she got to her car, she realized she couldn't drive. By this point, she was repeatedly getting sick. She called for her husband to come pick her up and while she was waiting, she got medicine out of her purse but forgot to zip the purse back up.

As she drove off in her husband's vehicle to the hospital, she opened the door and got sick again, that's when the envelope fell out of her purse without her realizing.

"I think about an hour later, somebody called me and asked me, had I lost something, I said 'I'm dying right now I don't know what I lost!'" Dinh said.

The person who called was an officer with Scottsdale Police Department. The 15-year-old and his mom were on their way into Nordstrom Rack when he came upon the envelope. He says he was in the right place at the right time to find it.

"If we parked on the other, you know, opposite side of that row of parking spaces we probably very well would have not noticed it," Davis said.

Davis said his curiosity is what made him pick up the envelope as it looked like it was full. And it was. Inside, there was $12,900 in cash and Dinh's license and credit cards. He instantly knew he had to find who it belonged to.

"It's a lot of money and somebody had to work very hard for it," Davis said. "It takes a lot of work to make a little bit of money and I respect people who go out and they work very hard to get a better life for themselves and make more money."

Dinh said she withdrew her money out of her bank accounts out of fear, due to the pandemic.

Davis and his mom brought it to a Scottsdale police precinct, who not only got in touch with Dinh to return her money, but also connected the two strangers.

"I said 'Oh my god, I'm very, very lucky that God give to somebody that's very, very nice to find that envelope," Dinh said. "Every night time I pray. Every time I pray, I remember Jack."

"She just reacted very happily. That, in itself, is worth everything that was in that envelope and more," Davis said. "Getting someone's money back to them isn't always saving their life but it is doing the right thing and that's what counts."

https://www.azfamily.com/news/scottsdale-teen-finds-envelope-with-almost-13k-in-cash-turns-it-in-to-police/article_f271a6b4-3b59-11eb-97a9-13bdf1af86a8.html

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-11-2020, 04:09 PM
Drug money, If you're caught driving down the highway here with 13k You have a problem!

seclark
12-11-2020, 04:16 PM
seems like a nice kid. he could have used that money for iron crotch lessons.
sec

fan4ever
12-11-2020, 04:22 PM
Eh, it's Scottsdale. That's walking around money to us.

Halfcan
12-11-2020, 04:22 PM
When I was a kid, my friend and I found a checkbook with 58k in it and at least 5 pre-signed checks. We did the right thing and called the guy. He was an old man so my mom drove us across town in shitty winter weather to return it. I knocked on the door for a few minutes getting sleeted on until he opened it a crack. I explained, that I had his checkbook and then handed it to him. The old man verified it was his and then slammed the door in our face. No thank you or reward.

Rain Man
12-11-2020, 04:30 PM
That's a busy nail salon. Really busy. Almost suspiciously busy.

Good for the kid, though.

seclark
12-11-2020, 04:34 PM
When I was a kid, my friend and I found a checkbook with 58k in it and at least 5 pre-signed checks. We did the right thing and called the guy. He was an old man so my mom drove us across town in shitty winter weather to return it. I knocked on the door for a few minutes getting sleeted on until he opened it a crack. I explained, that I had his checkbook and then handed it to him. The old man verified it was his and then slammed the door in our face. No thank you or reward.

my brother and i took a lost dog back to an old lady one time and she sent us away with a few home made cookies. as we walked down her drive, my brother took a bite out of one and a long hair went from the piece in his mouth to the piece in his hand:eek:...he spit that shit out and started gagging. i threw my cookies on the ground and started laughing at him.

he beat the shit out of me.
sec

stevieray
12-11-2020, 04:35 PM
he beat the shit out of me.
sec

LMAO

I gotta meet this guy.

seclark
12-11-2020, 04:36 PM
LMAO

I gotta meet this guy.

my brother?
sec

stevieray
12-11-2020, 04:44 PM
my brother?
sec

uh oh.

Halfcan
12-11-2020, 05:41 PM
My sister and I were with my Mom at the bank one time. My Sis noticed a $100 bill laying on the floor. I grabbed it and told her we should split it, but she told my Mom and we had to turn it in. We left our phone number in case nobody claimed it. After 2 weeks I called the bank.

The bank teller was like "Yeah... it was claimed... sorry."

I said, "By who,"

The teller said, "I can"t give out that information, but the $10.00 was claimed."

"No, it was a $100.00 bill???"

"Oh, yeah that was claimed too." Then hung up on me.

Sure it was- greedy fucking bank!!

Dartgod
12-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Ma'am, some of your folding money has come unstowed.

seclark
12-11-2020, 07:13 PM
Ma'am, some of your folding money has come unstowed.

ROFL

TrebMaxx
12-11-2020, 07:38 PM
That's a busy nail salon. Really busy. Almost suspiciously busy.

Good for the kid, though.

I wonder if there is video evidence showing Robert Kraft patronizing that business.

Rain Man
12-11-2020, 08:32 PM
I wonder if there is video evidence showing Robert Kraft patronizing that business.

That's what I'm wondering. How many manicures does it take to make $13,000 in a day?

Sorce
12-11-2020, 08:33 PM
I wonder if there is video evidence showing Robert Kraft patronizing that business.Why do you think she got sick. Nobody wants to see Grandpa Tuggy Naked.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk