PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I think we owe Coach Heck a round of applause . . .

Megatron96
12-14-2020, 12:05 AM
This may not be a popular opinion around CP, but after watching the shitshow provided by the SNF game, and in particular how bad the PIT OL played tonight, i think we owe Andy Heck a little respect and admiration. The OL hasn't been anything close to what we had last season, and it's a fact that the IOL has been a merry-go-round of contestants for most of the season. And yet somehow Coach Heck has managed to trot a serviceable OL onto the field week after week.

That deserves some recognition, imho.

So, here's to Coach Andy Heck and the tremendous job he's done for our Wolrd Champion Chiefs this season!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Way to go, and thanks a lot, we appreciate it, Coach!

TimBone
12-14-2020, 12:09 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201214/fe338f920027c792cad299668385c2b2.gif

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Halfcan
12-14-2020, 12:11 AM
Yeah, to having Mahomes run for his life and take a 30-yard sack on a jailbreak- and watching CEH getting stuffed repeatedly in the 4th quarter.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2020, 12:14 AM
CEH 16 rushes 32 yards 2.0

Megatron96
12-14-2020, 12:15 AM
Yeah, to having Mahomes run for his life and take a 30-yard sack on a jailbreak- and watching CEH getting stuffed repeatedly in the 4th quarter.

Compare what the Chiefs OL did earlier today vs. what the Steelers OL just did tonight and tell me Reid and Heck haven't done pretty well, all things considered.

Megatron96
12-14-2020, 12:15 AM
CEH 16 rushes 32 yards 2.0

And how many for the season?

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2020, 12:21 AM
And how many for the season?

We played a real defense with good coaching today

Megatron96
12-14-2020, 12:29 AM
We played a real defense with good coaching today

Yep. And scored 27 on the best defense in the league. 10 more than what they were giving up to everyone else. With a slapdash OL.

Look, I'm not saying they're great. I specifically said they were serviceable. Considering who we're fielding right now, that's not bad. Just look at the PIT OL's performance tonight. Our OL could be performing that bad, making things even worse for Patrick.

And they've won 12 games with an OL no one thought would be on the field for us prior to week 1. You do get that overall they've overperformed, considering who's actually suiting up and playing right now, don't you?

ChiefsFanatic
12-14-2020, 12:43 AM
This may not be a popular opinion around CP, but after watching the shitshow provided by the SNF game, and in particular how bad the PIT OL played tonight, i think we owe Andy Heck a little respect and admiration. The OL hasn't been anything close to what we had last season, and it's a fact that the IOL has been a merry-go-round of contestants for most of the season. And yet somehow Coach Heck has managed to trot a serviceable OL onto the field week after week.

That deserves some recognition, imho.

So, here's to Coach Andy Heck and the tremendous job he's done for our Wolrd Champion Chiefs this season!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Way to go, and thanks a lot, we appreciate it, Coach!You know who else never gets any credit? At all? At least we have heard Reid talk about Heck, and heard announcers mention Heck during the broadcasts (just a couple of times, but still) but....

Greg Lewis is the Wide Receivers coach, and he has developed a running back into the best WR in football, and has coached one of the best group of receivers (including Kelce) for a few years now, but you never hear anyone talk about him. What he has done with these receivers is pretty incredible.

I think he is an incredible coach, and I personally hope he gets the nod for offensive coordinator when Bienemy leaves, because if not, I think there is a strong chance that EB takes him as his offensive coordinator.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Megatron96
12-14-2020, 12:44 AM
You know who else never gets any credit? At all? At least we have heard Reid talk about Heck, and heard announcers mention Heck during the broadcasts (just a couple of times, but still) but....

Greg Lewis is the Wide Receivers coach, and he has developed a running back into the best WR in football, and has coached one of the best group of receivers (including Kelce) for a few years now, but you never hear anyone talk about him. What he has done with these receivers is pretty incredible.

I think he is an incredible coach, and I personally hope he gets the nod for offensive coordinator when Bienemy leaves, because if not, I think there is a strong chance that EB takes him as his offensive coordinator.

Good point.

MartinThore
12-14-2020, 12:54 AM
Our position coaches across the board don't get enough credit. They have shown a consistent ability to instill fundamentals, make use of player's strengths, and generally get the best out players that I don't think would play nearly as well on another squad.

Ward, Hill, Pringle, Pennel, Fisher, Sorensen immediately come to mind.

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2020, 01:24 AM
You know who else never gets any credit? At all? At least we have heard Reid talk about Heck, and heard announcers mention Heck during the broadcasts (just a couple of times, but still) but....

Lewis isn’t the Tight Ends coach and CEH was probably the best receiving back in all of college football last year while playing with Joe Burrow and the national champion LSU football team.

The bottom guys like Kemp, Deiter and Robinson haven’t made many, if any, strides in the past several years.

Heck’s done such a great job that Veach signed a 32 year old that hasn’t played since tearing a pec in the first game of the season that 99% of the people that post in CP want him to replace their season long starter ASAP.

ChiefsFanatic
12-14-2020, 01:35 AM
Lewis isn’t the Tight Ends coach and CEH was probably the best receiving back in all of college football last year while playing with Joe Burrow and the national champion LSU football team.

The bottom guys like Kemp, Deiter and Robinson haven’t made many, if any, strides in the past several years.

Heck’s done such a great job that Veach signed a 32 year old that hasn’t played since tearing a pec in the first game of the season that 99% of the people that post in CP want him to replace their season long starter ASAP.

I have heard people say more than once that Kelce also attends wide receiver meetings, or that the tight ends participate in a group film session with the receivers. And saying that Lewis hasn't made Kemp and Deiter better is a ridiculous reason to claim that Lewis is just a meh position coach. Robinson isn't great, but as the 4th or 5th option he is perfectly acceptable.

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2020, 02:15 AM
I have heard people say more than once that Kelce also attends wide receiver meetings, or that the tight ends participate in a group film session with the receivers. And saying that Lewis hasn't made Kemp and Deiter better is a ridiculous reason to claim that Lewis is just a meh position coach. Robinson isn't great, but as the 4th or 5th option he is perfectly acceptable.

Tyreek Hill is a freak of nature and he’s worked his ass off to become one the best receivers in the game.

Sammy Watkins was the same player in Buffalo and LA as he’s been in KC.

Mecole Hardman is not quite a complete receiver yet.

OKchiefs
12-14-2020, 03:56 AM
Absolutely. The talent level on the OL was pretty bad to begin with and injuries have made it worse, but for the most part they’ve performed beyond expectations.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-14-2020, 05:21 AM
No, thank Mahomes

dannybcaitlyn
12-14-2020, 05:41 AM
Heck is shit. I’ll give him credit for having guys practice different positions and being able to fill in. Maybe put him in a asst oline role but let’s be real the oline has been a weakness since he’s been here! Mahomes mask a lot of the Deficiencies with his legs and we still can’t run the ball when we need too, even when facing three or four man fronts.

OKchiefs
12-14-2020, 06:10 AM
Heck is shit. I’ll give him credit for having guys practice different positions and being able to fill in. Maybe put him in a asst oline role but let’s be real the oline has been a weakness since he’s been here! Mahomes mask a lot of the Deficiencies with his legs and we still can’t run the ball when we need too, even when facing three or four man fronts.

Hard to expect much when the Chiefs have invested very little on the OL. It’s not like he’s been given premium talent to work with and they’re not performing up to expectations. I’d say given the circumstances they’ve done alright. Invest some actual resources in the position and you’ll likely see a significant improvement under his tutelage.

scho63
12-14-2020, 07:37 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ssta0_4GkRA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mililo4cpa
12-14-2020, 07:40 AM
I've said in many threads over past several weeks......we could be doing a lot worse on our OL.....

I'm not saying that they are world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but there are some really bad lines out there.

MahomesMagic
12-14-2020, 07:45 AM
We're coached well. The lack of talent on our OL is hard to constantly disguise.

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 07:45 AM
Speaking of OL coaches, Munchak must be a fucking wizard or something. Since he's left the Steelers OL has regressed horribly while he's transformed Mongo Bolles from a bottom tier talent into a legit top 10 OT

Rexx
12-14-2020, 07:52 AM
For the life of me, I'm still trying to find out why Andrew Wylie is still starting. Rankin and/or Wis has to be better. I've never seen a guard totally whiff on blocks as often as Wylie does, yet they still roll him out there. Protect Mahomes at all cost!

ChiefBlueCFC
12-14-2020, 07:56 AM
My favorite part about watching the OL is how many replays I see Wylie chasing the guy chasing Mahomes.. here's to that turnstile

BossChief
12-14-2020, 08:33 AM
Lost Schwartz and Remmers to injury, LDT and Niang to to opt outs and pretty much everyone else has missed time to injury. I agree that Heck deserves some respect.

stevieray
12-14-2020, 08:43 AM
if only the oline were better, we wouldn't have one loss in over twenty games!

Chris Meck
12-14-2020, 08:47 AM
if only the oline were better, we wouldn't have one loss in over twenty games!

if we were healthy, it'd be adequate.

At the moment, we've got a rookie UDFA starting at RT.

I don't feel super confident about that going forward.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 08:52 AM
Need more fatties and LB's.

1990's football rules!

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I love watching Mahomes run for his life because Wylie missed another block.

Chris Meck
12-14-2020, 09:00 AM
Need more fatties and LB's.

1990's football rules!

Well, I mean, we have all the weapons. Wouldn't that be the next logical thing?

It's not like the Peterson years where we couldn't develop a single skill position. We have all that.

Don't get me wrong, I would not change places with any other fanbase in football.

But if we're starting Durant next to Wylie, a good defensive line may get Mahomes killed.

That concerns me.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2020, 09:02 AM
12-1.

Winners of 21 of the last 22.

The best coaching staff in football.

Can even overcome four turnovers on the road.

Are you bitching about it? Andy Reid will find you, and sit on you, and squash you into jelly.

You buttfucking moron.

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 09:03 AM
Top 5 AAV of RTs in the NFL right now is 14.25.

Top 5 AAV of Gs in the NFL right now is 14.24.

But don't draft IOL early, because it's poor asset management.

RunKC
12-14-2020, 09:16 AM
Top 5 AAV of RTs in the NFL right now is 14.25.

Top 5 AAV of Gs in the NFL right now is 14.24.

But don't draft IOL early, because it's poor asset management.

Well I will say that Reiter and Wylie contracts are pretty much rookie contracts but they are literally street FA’s that Andy made work.

To be fair they did trade for Rankin who was a top 100 pick who played well when on the field. They also drafted Niang, though he was always a long term developmental player. I’d like to see a 2nd or 3rd rd pick there.

LDT is done playing football and unfortunately the same might apply to Schwartz, which would mean a pretty big chunk of cash is about to be freed up.

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 09:25 AM
This team is dead last in run block win rate this year. If they're content with that then I wonder why we even bothered with a 1st round RB. Poor guy has been neutered these past few weeks aside from a good game against the Raiders... Who just fired their DC.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 09:32 AM
Well, I mean, we have all the weapons. Wouldn't that be the next logical thing?

It's not like the Peterson years where we couldn't develop a single skill position. We have all that.

Don't get me wrong, I would not change places with any other fanbase in football.

But if we're starting Durant next to Wylie, a good defensive line may get Mahomes killed.

That concerns me.

Like you mentioned in the other thread, what are we going to do right now? This argument isn't about Wylie and Durant because in a normal year neither of them would be playing.

LDT can come back next year. He's under contract.

Niang can assumedly play RT with a full offseason of work.

They're not going to replace Reiter with just anybody. We saw some interest in Ruiz but that didn't work out. Short of something like that, Reiter is back.

So what really do you want them to do? Just throw a bunch of draft picks at it?

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 09:32 AM
Well I will say that Reiter and Wylie contracts are pretty much rookie contracts but they are literally street FA’s that Andy made work.

To be fair they did trade for Rankin who was a top 100 pick who played well when on the field. They also drafted Niang, though he was always a long term developmental player. I’d like to see a 2nd or 3rd rd pick there.

LDT is done playing football and unfortunately the same might apply to Schwartz, which would mean a pretty big chunk of cash is about to be freed up.

LDT is under contract. What makes you say he's done?

He opted out for 1 year.

Chris Meck
12-14-2020, 09:35 AM
Like you mentioned in the other thread, what are we going to do right now? This argument isn't about Wylie and Durant because in a normal year neither of them would be playing.

LDT can come back next year. He's under contract.

Niang can assumedly play RT with a full offseason of work.

They're not going to replace Reiter with just anybody. We saw some interest in Ruiz but that didn't work out. Short of something like that, Reiter is back.

So what really do you want them to do? Just throw a bunch of draft picks at it?

I want a double Niang investment. Or: two mid round picks with starter upside.

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 09:36 AM
21st in red zone scoring percentage. The teams below us?

IND
WAS
CAR
BAL
DEN
NE
CIN
NYG
DAL
ATL
NYJ

It's a crying shame we're down in the dumps with these scrub teams in the red zone.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 09:39 AM
I want a double Niang investment. Or: two mid round picks with starter upside.

I think the end of the 2nd is the perfect spot this year. You can get a starter IOL right there this year because of the depth of this draft.

I'd take another guy in the 4th or 5th as well. I guess it depends on how things fall.

If they take a DE/edge in the 1st, then take OG/OT in the 2nd and 3rd. They'll have extra 3rd round picks to spend on WR and LB and then go from there.

O.city
12-14-2020, 09:41 AM
Take one in the draft and get one in free agency. They were after Peat last year in free agency. I'd imagine they might be again.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 09:42 AM
Take one in the draft and get one in free agency. They were after Peat last year in free agency. I'd imagine they might be again.

Free agency is going to be a crap shoot next year. The cap is likely going down.

O.city
12-14-2020, 09:45 AM
Free agency is going to be a crap shoot next year. The cap is likely going down.

I read recently they thought it woudl but that it may not. I'm not sure they know.

Either way, they'll figure it out. They're smart.

RunKC
12-14-2020, 09:46 AM
LDT is under contract. What makes you say he's done?

He opted out for 1 year.

He’s a Dr in a pandemic. This isn’t simply med school like before. He’s probably working literally all the time. And it doesn’t seem like that’s going away until the summer.

Really hard to see him being in football shape anymore. I just don’t think he has had time to fit both in his life for the last 8 months.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2020, 10:03 AM
21st in red zone scoring percentage. The teams below us?

IND
WAS
CAR
BAL
DEN
NE
CIN
NYG
DAL
ATL
NYJ

It's a crying shame we're down in the dumps with these scrub teams in the red zone.

https://i.imgur.com/T64lctO.png

FloridaMan88
12-14-2020, 10:12 AM
This team is dead last in run block win rate this year. If they're content with that then I wonder why we even bothered with a 1st round RB. Poor guy has been neutered these past few weeks aside from a good game against the Raiders... Who just fired their DC.

This is why it makes zero sense to run the ball in obvious run situations when the opposing defense is expecting run.

To the people who say "you have to run the ball to eat up the clock and protect a close lead at the end of game"... look at the Chiefs final drive (not including the kneel down drive) sequence of plays:

1) First down: Run up the middle, no gain.

2) Second down: Short screen pass, gain of 11 yards (high % pass that keeps the clock moving).

3) First down: Run up the middle, no gain.

4) Second down: Short pass, gain of 9 yards (high % pass that keeps the clock moving).

5) Third down: Run up the middle, no gain.

6) Fourth down: Short pass, gain of 22 yards (high % pass play that would have kept the clock moving if Tyreek wasn't pushed out of bounds).

7) First down, Run to the right, loss of three yards.

8) Second down, Run to the left, loss of eight yards.

9) Third down, Mahomes scrambles to set up a long field goal (as a result of the first/second down negative yardage runs), gain of one yard.

So to summarize on that drive... Six runs for a net loss of 10 yards and three high % pass plays for a gain of 39 yards.

The Chiefs do not have the offensive line personnel to be an imposing running team, Andy should instead play to the team's strength.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 10:15 AM
He’s a Dr in a pandemic. This isn’t simply med school like before. He’s probably working literally all the time. And it doesn’t seem like that’s going away until the summer.

Really hard to see him being in football shape anymore. I just don’t think he has had time to fit both in his life for the last 8 months.

Unless the NFL offers up another opt-out year, he's under contract. He'd be walking away from about $5M in payback/retirement agreement with the Chiefs.

From the Chiefs perspective, they HAVE to bring him back unless they cut him - he'd have a dead cap hit of over $7M.

So unless he gets to opt-out again, it's in his and the team's best interest for him to come back.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 10:16 AM
This is why it makes zero sense to run the ball in obvious run situations when the opposing defense is expecting run.

To the people who say "you have to run the ball to eat up the clock and protect a close lead at the end of game"... look at the Chiefs final drive (not including the kneel down drive) sequence of plays:

1) First down: Run up the middle, no gain.

2) Second down: Short screen pass, gain of 11 yards (high % pass that keeps the clock moving).

3) First down: Run up the middle, no gain.

4) Second down: Short pass, gain of 9 yards (high % pass that keeps the clock moving).

5) Third down: Run up the middle, no gain.

6) Fourth down: Short pass, gain of 22 yards (high % pass play that would have kept the clock moving if Tyreek wasn't pushed out of bounds).

7) First down, Run to the right, loss of three yards.

8) Second down, Run to the left, loss of eight yards.

9) Third down, Mahomes scrambles to set up a long field goal (as a result of the first/second down negative yardage runs), gain of one yard.

So to summarize on that drive... Six runs for a net loss of 10 yards and three high % pass plays for a gain of 39 yards.

The Chiefs do not have the offensive line personnel to be an imposing running team, Andy should instead play to the team's strength.

Part of the reason those short passes work is because they show run or run RPO and then Pat outs to the pass.

You can't just run short passes over and over and expect them to work. Running the ball, even when it doesn't work, keeps the defense guessing as to what you're going to do.

Chris Meck
12-14-2020, 10:25 AM
I think the end of the 2nd is the perfect spot this year. You can get a starter IOL right there this year because of the depth of this draft.

I'd take another guy in the 4th or 5th as well. I guess it depends on how things fall.

If they take a DE/edge in the 1st, then take OG/OT in the 2nd and 3rd. They'll have extra 3rd round picks to spend on WR and LB and then go from there.

I'd be 100% behind this.

Easy 6
12-14-2020, 10:35 AM
I used to rail on Heck regularly, but over the years I've come to appreciate his ability to constantly shuffle guys around and still field a decent unit

So many of our run woes are due to the kind of players Reid covets, he values athleticism and versatility above all else, brute strength and bulk are a distant third... add in the fact we've had so many UDFA/low round guys starting and you get what we've been seeing

Give him 2 interior upgrades and things will look much better IMO

Megatron96
12-14-2020, 12:03 PM
I used to rail on Heck regularly, but over the years I've come to appreciate his ability to constantly shuffle guys around and still field a decent unit

So many of our run woes are due to the kind of players Reid covets, he values athleticism and versatility above all else, brute strength and bulk are a distant third... add in the fact we've had so many UDFA/low round guys starting and you get what we've been seeing

Give him 2 interior upgrades and things will look much better IMO

This is what I was getting at. Given what he's had to work with, and seeing how badly other teams have fared when just one (usually their best OL) lineman goes down/out for whatever reason, Heck and Reid are doing a great job of getting at least serviceable play out of these guys.

Remember how well our OL played through the playoffs last season. And how the run game spiked this season when we had KO in there with Kilgore.

Imagine if Heck had Fisher/KO/Kilgore/Rankin/Schwartz for our OL this entire season, instead of the constant shuffling of the deck we've seen this year. Mahomes would be running for his life at least 30% less. The running game would be far more consistent. So maybe 50% less punting?

But the reality is that the OL has been a mix-and-match carousel since week 1. And yet somehow the Chiefs are top-2 in total offense, same in points/game, middle of the pack rushing, and Patrick is one of the least sacked QBs in the league. Now, obviously a lot of that is because Patrick is Mahomes.

But some of it is also that the OL is about as well-coached a unit as there is in the league. That deserves some recognition.

Wallcrawler
12-14-2020, 12:30 PM
Patrick Mahomes is the reason you have good things happening. This offensive line is ABYSMAL. A serviceable o line would at least make a play or two easier for the offense.

Mahomes is running for his God damn life every play and it seems like every play he makes has to be some insane highlight reel escape before he can even throw the fucking ball. Its hilarious.

Reid aint done shit with this line. They cant win at the LOS (Hello cause for terrible red zone offense) on plays where we should just rush the ball, and anybody but Mahomes back there, this is an abortion of an offense.

Mahomes covers a lot of warts in both scheme (Andy) and play (trash OL).

We are not far removed from becoming the Steelers, who are asking Ben to throw 50+ every game because they are so inept in the trenches.

Injuries arent Reids fault, but I'm damn sure not going to credit him for the superhuman shit that 15 is doing behind these clowns.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2020, 12:32 PM
Patrick Mahomes is the reason you have good things happening. This offensive line is ABYSMAL. A serviceable o line would at least make a play or two easier for the offense.

Mahomes is running for his God damn life every play and it seems like every play he makes has to be some insane highlight reel escape before he can even throw the fucking ball. Its hilarious.

Reid aint done shit with this line. They cant win at the LOS (Hello cause for terrible red zone offense) on plays where we should just rush the ball, and anybody but Mahomes back there, this is an abortion of an offense.

We are not far removed from becoming the Steelers, who are asking Ben to throw 50+ every game because they are so inept in the trenches.

Injuries arent Reids fault, but I'm damn sure not going to credit him for the superhuman shit that 15 is doing behind these clowns.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 12:33 PM
ROFL

FloridaMan88
12-14-2020, 12:38 PM

Mahomes is running for his God damn life every play and it seems like every play he makes has to be some insane highlight reel escape before he can even throw the ****ing ball. Its hilarious.

Other than Fisher the offensive line personnel the Chiefs have been starting most of this season is arguably the least talented in the NFL.

It is amazing what Reid and his staff have done with this chicken shit.

Wallcrawler
12-14-2020, 12:58 PM

Point 15 in the direction of the other team's defense, get the fuck out of the way and go pound another greaseburger, you fat fuck.

While 15 is saving your legacy and escorting you into Canton, maybe consider drafting him some O line guys that can actually play so he doesnt get Andrew Lucked.

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 01:04 PM
https://www.dictionary.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/that-escalated-quickly-300x300.jpg

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 01:32 PM
Point 15 in the direction of the other team's defense, get the fuck out of the way and go pound another greaseburger, you fat fuck.

While 15 is saving your legacy and escorting you into Canton, maybe consider drafting him some O line guys that can actually play so he doesnt get Andrew Lucked.

LMAO

FloridaMan88
12-14-2020, 03:24 PM
Point 15 in the direction of the other team's defense, get the **** out of the way and go pound another greaseburger, you fat ****.

You are screaming at a fake Andy Reid Twitter handle, just an FYI.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2020, 03:26 PM
Wallcrawler?

More like Wall licker.

He loves paint chips.

smithandrew051
12-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Every team has weaknesses. Zero teams in NFL history are flawless (especially with a salary cap). It’s one of the great things about this league.

We’ve absolutely had shit luck with the OL this year, but credit to Andy, the staff, and players for producing such an awesome offense with this type of issue.

I get that some people blame Veach, but hopefully we’re reasonable. Veach absolutely did address the OL in the last two off seasons with limited resources and other needs that were addressed.

Maybe Schwartz will be back next year. Niang will play next year. Just those could be huge additions. I sincerely doubt that Veach and Reid don’t care or don’t have a plan. I remember a time when “Veach never addresses the secondary”, but now look at that group.

If we’ve learned anything, it’s that this coaching staff and front office ARE NOT complacent. We came up just short in the AFFCG and then what happened? Fired Sutton and overhauled the defense in 1 fucking offseason.

I think we can find a few fatties. Reid and Veach have this under control. Just gotta make it work for the rest of the season.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 03:36 PM
Every team has weaknesses. Zero teams in NFL history are flawless (especially with a salary cap). It’s one of the great things about this league.

We’ve absolutely had shit luck with the OL this year, but credit to Andy, the staff, and players for producing such an awesome offense with this type of issue.

I get that some people blame Veach, but hopefully we’re reasonable. Veach absolutely did address the OL in the last two off seasons with limited resources and other needs that were addressed.

Maybe Schwartz will be back next year. Niang will play next year. Just those could be huge additions. I sincerely doubt that Veach and Reid don’t care or don’t have a plan. I remember a time when “Veach never addresses the secondary”, but now look at that group.

If we’ve learned anything, it’s that this coaching staff and front office ARE NOT complacent. We came up just short in the AFFCG and then what happened? Fired Sutton and overhauled the defense in 1 fucking offseason.

I think we can find a few fatties. Reid and Veach have this under control. Just gotta make it work for the rest of the season.

:thumb:

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2020, 03:55 PM
I don’t understand why people continue to pine for Kilgore.

If Andy liked him better than Reiter, he’d be starting.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 03:57 PM
I don’t understand why people continue to pine for Kilgore.

If Andy liked him better than Reiter, he’d be starting.

Because he's a run blocker.

People are obsessed with outdated football schemes. The stain of the 1990's is permanent.

smithandrew051
12-14-2020, 03:59 PM

People are obsessed with outdated football schemes. The stain of the 1990's is permanent.

But think about all the Super Bowls and Division Championships we won when we had a mauling offensive line.

/s

Chris Meck
12-14-2020, 04:01 PM

Is Reiter really that much better a pass blocker? I mean....maybe. It's hard to tell next to the dumpster fire that is Wylie.

Now Wylie is a terrible. At both run and pass blocking.

There should be no argument there.

I just want Wiz in there for Wylie and I'll shut up until the offseason.

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 04:02 PM

LMAO Get over yourself. The line is fucking terrible at run blocking and most complaints I've seen just want to see improvement there. That's nothing to do with scheme.

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 04:05 PM
I'd settle for finding a way to get rid of Wylie permanently, though.

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 04:13 PM
I swear Wylie can't even do his job on the gimmick red zone plays Reid has to draw up. Him and Keizer have blown those plays up with their horrendous blocking.

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2020, 04:13 PM
The Chiefs have the #2 scoring offense in the NFL, just behind the Packers by less than a point per game and the #1 offense in yardage.

Their offensive line isn’t anywhere near as “bad” as people perceive.

DaneMcCloud
12-14-2020, 04:15 PM

I’m pretty sure that Wiz was signed for that very reason

Sassy Squatch
12-14-2020, 04:16 PM
Fucking hurry up with it then, please.

JakeF
12-14-2020, 04:22 PM
Blech

sorry, but our Oline has rarely played up to its talent level under Heck. You see teams all over the league assemble Olines with a bunch of interior guys you've never heard of. You spend on the OT's and you scrape together the inside guys. We never seem ready to handle stunts, twists, or slants which is the more damning thing about Heck.

Megatron96
12-14-2020, 04:23 PM
I’m pretty sure that Wiz was signed for that very reason

Really? I would love to see that. I tried to defend Wylie's play last season for a while, but he's just not very good. Reiter isn't much better, if at all, but if we could get just one of those guys off the field in favor of anyone even slightly better if would be a blessing, imo.

Wallcrawler
12-14-2020, 08:29 PM
You are screaming at a fake Andy Reid Twitter handle, just an FYI.

Watch out boys, we got a sharp one here!!

Guarantee this'ns college educated.

htismaqe
12-14-2020, 08:34 PM
LMAO Get over yourself. The line is fucking terrible at run blocking and most complaints I've seen just want to see improvement there. That's nothing to do with scheme.

Kilgore is a shit pass blocker. This team is built around the passing game. It's really not hard to understand.

cmh6476
12-14-2020, 08:57 PM
Personnel > coaching on the ol

Megatron96
12-14-2020, 11:07 PM
Personnel > coaching on the ol

ROFL
Pretty sure that's never, ever the case.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2020, 11:13 PM
Kilgore is a shit pass blocker. This team is built around the passing game. It's really not hard to understand.

This. Not sure how this is confusing to anyone.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2020, 11:17 PM

Hypothetical: Quenton Nelson lies to the Colts about something. The Colts, obviously, care about morals/integrity and immediately cut the son-of-a-bitch. Zero other teams show interest (obviously due to character concerns).

Should the Chiefs even CONSIDER such a player?!?

JakeF
12-15-2020, 03:31 AM
Hypothetical: Quenton Nelson lies to the Colts about something. The Colts, obviously, care about morals/integrity and immediately cut the son-of-a-bitch. Zero other teams show interest (obviously due to character concerns).

Should the Chiefs even CONSIDER such a player?!?Did he lie about being 2 pounds over his team weight over did he lie about robbing an orphanage and beating the crap out of all the nuns running it?

Sassy Squatch
12-15-2020, 05:13 AM

LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO 2 years since we cut Hunt and your pussy is still bleeding.

Sassy Squatch
12-15-2020, 05:49 AM
When have I ever pined for Kilgore? I only responded to your post about your "outdated schemes", not some fringe roster scrub.

Now, if Kilgore can play RG and we can cut Wylie in turn, I might be interested.

ChiefsFanatic
12-15-2020, 05:50 AM
The Chiefs have the #2 scoring offense in the NFL, just behind the Packers by less than a point per game and the #1 offense in yardage.

Their offensive line isn’t anywhere near as “bad” as people perceive.

Yeah, but on the flip side, our offensive line is not as good as Mahomes makes them look. With a different QB the sacks given up by this line would go up quite a bit.

FloridaMan88
12-15-2020, 07:26 AM
Watch out boys, we got a sharp one here!!

Guarantee this'ns college educated.

Even Lamar Jackson cringes at your slobbery attempt and failure to articulate coherent sentences. LMAO

Point 15 in the direction of the other team's defense, get the **** out of the way and go pound another greaseburger, you fat ****.

htismaqe
12-15-2020, 08:02 AM
When have I ever pined for Kilgore? I only responded to your post about your "outdated schemes", not some fringe roster scrub.

Now, if Kilgore can play RG and we can cut Wylie in turn, I might be interested.

I never said YOU did. ;)

htismaqe
12-15-2020, 08:06 AM

You're asking the wrong question. You're putting the Chiefs in the Browns' seat instead of looking at the Colts in the Chiefs' seat.

Ask yourself - did Quentin Nelson get himself put on the Commissioner's exempt list because he kicked some woman in the head, AFTER getting in trouble 2 other times for alcohol-related incidents of violence? Knowing that the team was already offering him a chance to straighten out the issues he had in college?

I guaran-fucking-tee you if he lied about THAT, the Colts would get rid of him some way, some how.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-15-2020, 08:07 AM
could use some porkchop with that applause

Wallcrawler
12-15-2020, 09:20 AM
Even Lamar Jackson cringes at your slobbery attempt and failure to articulate coherent sentences. LMAO

If my mockery of your obvious lack of intelligence bothers you, fake a stroke before you post something so ****ing stupid next time.

If you cant tell the difference between someone playing along with a little jab and "screaming at a fake twitter handle", then its probably time for your fingers that type your posts to sue your brain for non support.

One would think that if a person thought a twitter handle was real, the person might, oh, I dont know, do something REALLY crazy like....reply on Twitter instead?

Hmm.

Sit the next few plays out champ, get your shit together, and see where you are after that.

Wallcrawler
12-15-2020, 09:22 AM
LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO 2 years since we cut Hunt and your pussy is still bleeding.

We won a title, and Hunt's replacement balled out in the playoffs and had a solid case for SBMVP.

Never will understand this love affair people have with Kareem Hunt.

Molitoth
12-15-2020, 09:41 AM
This Oline can't run block for shit, and even the pass protection is more of Mahomes having awesome pocket presence.

Not impressed with the oline.

VAChief
12-15-2020, 09:46 AM
Yeah, but on the flip side, our offensive line is not as good as Mahomes makes them look. With a different QB the sacks given up by this line would go up quite a bit.

^This^

As much as I liked Trent Green, can you imagine him behind this line? Also, can you imagine how much Mahomes would just flat out eat behind a line like we had back then?

OKchiefs
12-15-2020, 10:14 AM
^This^

As much as I liked Trent Green, can you imagine him behind this line? Also, can you imagine how much Mahomes would just flat out eat behind a line like we had back then?

Would be a sight to behold, although due to cap constraints that would never be possible.

Easy 6
12-15-2020, 10:23 AM
Would be a sight to behold, although due to cap constraints that would never be possible.

Nah its easy man, all we gotta do is...

Draft a LT equal to Roaf in round 1
Then draft the next Shields in round 3
And finally luck into a converted TE no ones ever heard of, like Brian Waters

Thats all there is to it, easy peasy!

VAChief
12-15-2020, 10:54 AM

You left out Tait, another in round 1 they moved to RT. That was a beast line that could do everything.

FloridaMan88
12-15-2020, 10:57 AM
If my mockery of your obvious lack of intelligence bothers you, fake a stroke before you post something so ****ing stupid next time.

If you cant tell the difference between someone playing along with a little jab and "screaming at a fake twitter handle", then its probably time for your fingers that type your posts to sue your brain for non support.

One would think that if a person thought a twitter handle was real, the person might, oh, I dont know, do something REALLY crazy like....reply on Twitter instead?

Hmm.

Sit the next few plays out champ, get your shit together, and see where you are after that.

Someone is mad.

Wallcrawler
12-15-2020, 11:16 AM

If anyone can pull off something like that, its Brett Veach.

DaneMcCloud
12-15-2020, 03:39 PM

Completely and utterly irrelevant.

Megatron96
02-17-2023, 06:47 PM
:rockon::rockon::bravo::bravo::whackit::whackit:
Once again, a round of applause/tip of the cap to the OL coach. Hell of a job throughout the playoffs. Especially in the SB. Stand up and take a bow, Coach Andy Heck.