PDA

View Full Version : Football New NFL TV Deals Could Exceed $100B, 10 years

Dante84
12-16-2020, 04:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NFL is discussing new TV deals that could exceed $100 billion in total value over 10yrs, per <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewMarchand?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AndrewMarchand</a>. CBS, FOX &amp; NBC would keep their Sunday package. ESPN/ABC keeps MNF. Amazon is emerging as a front runner for TNF. ESPN/ABC would also be added to the Super Bowl rotation.</p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1339292879265599489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dante84
12-16-2020, 04:04 PM
Sounds like Amazon is the front runner for Thursday night games, which hopefully kicks the door wide open for Sunday Ticket going to them once the Direct TV deal runs out in '22.

CasselGotPeedOn
12-16-2020, 04:04 PM
Fuck ESPN getting a SB

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2020, 04:06 PM
Fuck ESPN getting a SB

Disney owns ABC and ESPN, so there's no way they're putting a Super Bowl on ESPN only.

There's also been talks about broadcasting some of the MNF games simultaneously on ABC but that decision hasn't been decided just yet.

Bearcat
12-16-2020, 04:08 PM
This first down is brought to you by Subway

Jerok
12-16-2020, 04:08 PM
Then the salary caps rise and Mahomes contract looks like the best deal in all of sports.

htismaqe
12-16-2020, 04:09 PM
Disney owns ABC and ESPN, so there's no way they're putting a Super Bowl on ESPN only.

There's also been talks about broadcasting some of the MNF games simultaneously on ABC but that decision hasn't been decided just yet.

Exactly.

It will be like TNF being on Fox.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2020, 04:10 PM
These numbers seem a little low.

The NFL receives $8.5 billion this year from their broadcast deals so the jump to $10 billion isn't much of a leap.

It will be interesting to see the numbers for Sunday Ticket after the DTV deal expires.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Well, I'll miss seeing Thursday Night Football.

AdolfOliverBush
12-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Goodell is laughing at the least effective boycott ever.

displacedinMN
12-16-2020, 06:38 PM
Directv is up in the air as a company. It may not last until 22. I do not see NFL giving anything to DTV.

Does 22 mean ends Aug 22 or after the 22 season???

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2020, 06:47 PM
Directv is up in the air as a company. It may not last until 22. I do not see NFL giving anything to DTV.

The Direct TV Sunday Ticket contract expires after the 2022 season.

The NFL recently went to court in order to break the deal with DTV but the case was denied by the US Supreme Court back in early November.

FloridaMan88
12-16-2020, 06:49 PM
**** ESPN getting a SB

It would be televised on ABC and if the NFL allows it they would do a themed simulcast on every Disney media platform in existence.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2020, 06:54 PM
Nickelodeon will be broadcasting Super Bowl XV in February along side CBS, so I don't think that Disney will have any issues with a simulcast on ESPN, ABC, Disney+, et al.

Indian Chief
12-16-2020, 07:22 PM
Sounds like Amazon is the front runner for Thursday night games, which hopefully kicks the door wide open for Sunday Ticket going to them once the Direct TV deal runs out in '22.

Sunday Ticket is the only thing I care about, living out of the KC area. Until that contract is up, not much changes for me.

displacedinMN
12-16-2020, 07:28 PM
Sunday Ticket is the only thing I care about, living out of the KC area. Until that contract is up, not much changes for me.

Except they just raised my DTV package 8 bucks a month.

Indian Chief
12-16-2020, 07:29 PM
Except they just raised my DTV package 8 bucks a month.

That's the shits. I also should have been clearer. I've never had Sunday Ticket because I refuse to buy DTV. Until they lose that deal, I'm in a holding pattern.

displacedinMN
12-16-2020, 07:36 PM
That's the shits. I also should have been clearer. I've never had Sunday Ticket because I refuse to buy DTV. Until they lose that deal, I'm in a holding pattern.

I have had ST for 20 years. It has cost me a lot of money. This year, only 3 games have not been on locally-so my cost per game is very high. Wife would not be happy if she knew that.

I am ready for another way to get games-but without the lag of a stream.

BigRedChief
12-16-2020, 07:37 PM
I remember saying some streaming service would get some rights this time. It’s worth too much for marketing reasons for Amazon/Netflix etc. to not overpay. Some said I was full of shit. They would never take a guaranteed losing money deal. In the long run, it wouldn’t be a losing deal because it elevates their brand.

BigRedChief
12-16-2020, 07:41 PM
The Direct TV Sunday Ticket contract expires after the 2022 season.

The NFL recently went to court in order to break the deal with DTV but the case was denied by the US Supreme Court back in early November.
I don’t care how much money Direct TV throws at them, they need to make on demand games more accessible.

BigRedChief
12-16-2020, 07:43 PM
Goodell is laughing at the least effective boycott ever.

Who’s boycotting what? Did I miss something like I was supposed to be boycotting lettuce or something?

Chief Pagan
12-16-2020, 07:44 PM

Yes. ST on Amazon. I've mostly gotten ST by finding some college student through my office and the student package is reasonably priced.

But a legitimate account through Amazon that didn't require anything to do with Direct TV would be nice.

Or if YouTube TV would offer it. Although I suppose that is a long shot.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2020, 07:45 PM
I don’t care how much money Direct TV throws at them, they need to make on demand games more accessible.

I seriously doubt that AT&T will stay in the NFL business.

That being said, they've made several completely ridiculous decisions since purchasing Direct TV and WarnerMedia, so I guess anything is possible.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2020, 07:46 PM
Yes. ST on Amazon. I've mostly gotten ST by finding some college student through my office and the student package is reasonably priced.

But a legitimate account through Amazon that didn't require anything to do with Direct TV would be nice.

Or if YouTube TV would offer it. Although I suppose that is a long shot.

You're able to purchase the Sunday Ticket as a standalone, which cost $389 dollars this year.

I purchased it using one of my niece's .edu account and it was only $99.99 for the year.

Stewie
12-16-2020, 09:11 PM
I heard none of the major networks wanted Thursday Night Football. Its ratings are pathetic compared to the rest of the schedule.

dlphg9
12-16-2020, 09:16 PM
I heard none of the major networks wanted Thursday Night Football. Its ratings are pathetic compared to the rest of the schedule.

Always shitty games with shitty playing, but they continue to shove it up Billay’s butt.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2020, 09:44 PM
Always shitty games with shitty playing, but they continue to shove it up Billay’s butt.

That couldn't be further from the truth.

Thursday Night Football this year is averaging around 12 million viewers per night, with the last two weeks topping 13.5 million.

Network would kill for those kind of numbers for their dramas and comedies.

backinblack
12-16-2020, 09:45 PM

AT&T is actually exploring selling off DirecTV, they recently got bids from a few interested parties. It could be sold off as soon as early next year.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/att-gets-directv-bids-valuing-satellite-broadcaster-at-over-15-billion-report-dish-1234652967/

htismaqe
12-16-2020, 09:51 PM
AT&T is actually exploring selling off DirecTV, they recently got bids from a few interested parties. It could be sold off as soon as early next year.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/att-gets-directv-bids-valuing-satellite-broadcaster-at-over-15-billion-report-dish-1234652967/

Yeah, the DirecTV acquisition has been a disaster for AT&T.

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2020, 09:52 PM

LMAO

AT&T paid $49 Billion to acquire Direct TV in 2015 and now, it's valued at $15 Billion.

LMAO

Is it any wonder why WarnerMedia, which includes HBO Max, has been an epic disaster since being acquired by AT&T?

displacedinMN
12-16-2020, 09:53 PM
That couldn't be further from the truth.

Thursday Night Football this year is averaging around 12 million viewers per night, with the last two weeks topping 13.5 million.

Network would kill for those kind of numbers for their dramas and comedies.Ratings up because nothing on TV is new

htismaqe
LMAO

AT&T paid $49 Billion to acquire Direct TV in 2015 and now, it's valued at $15 Billion.

LMAO

Is it any wonder why WarnerMedia, which includes HBO Max, has been an epic disaster since being acquired by AT&T?

Yep.

backinblack
LMAO

LMAO

yeah it's pretty sad

InChiefsHeaven
12-16-2020, 10:01 PM
Nickelodeon will be broadcasting Super Bowl XV in February along side CBS, so I don't think that Disney will have any issues with a simulcast on ESPN, ABC, Disney+, et al.

Sure, but who wants to watch a replay of the 1981 matchup between the Eagles and the Raiders...:p