PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Bo Knows!

gblowfish
12-16-2020, 07:32 PM
Came across this and it made me smile. Bo was a bad man...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9sz6xhPkGJ4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish
12-16-2020, 07:32 PM
And this one...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VaSdlW1W9yU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
12-16-2020, 07:48 PM
Raider. Won't watch.

redfan
12-16-2020, 07:49 PM
Bo Jackson went to Auburn, but Derrick Thomas went to Alabama.

MatriculatingHank
12-16-2020, 08:51 PM
How did it go over with the people in KC with Bo playing for the Royals but also playing for the Raiders?

suzzer99
12-16-2020, 08:53 PM
Not great. Mostly just rooting for him to lose but not be injured. Which didn't work out.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2020, 08:58 PM
The hockey/Gretzky part was kinda racist

LOCOChief
12-16-2020, 09:19 PM
We threw plastic baseballs at him when Oakland came to town.

L.A. Chieffan
12-16-2020, 09:26 PM
The Bo 30 for 30 was excellent

threebag
12-16-2020, 09:29 PM
Chris Everett cameo

Shiver Me Timbers
12-16-2020, 09:33 PM
We threw plastic baseballs at him when Oakland came to town.

So you were the part of the crew doing that.
Nice

ChiefsFanatic
12-17-2020, 01:51 AM
Bo Jackson went to Auburn, but Derrick Thomas went to Alabama.Those are two of the best college players in the history of college football.

Bo Jackson is the best athlete that I have personally ever seen.

But, DT did something in college that is likely to never be matched. I don't think it's a record, because the sack stat wasn't an official statistic until the year DT died, but it should be the record. DT had 27 sacks in a single 12 game season. I think T-Sizzle has the official record with 24.

Imagine the hype that a college player would be getting if they had 27 sacks in a single season during this era of sports media, and social media. The internet would be broken, and draft hype would be ridiculous.

This is DT's 1988 stats:

88 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, 27 sacks, 44 quarterback pressures and two blocked kicks. I believe that 44 pressures in a season is also a college record. That is all in 12 games. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201217/0964e118bca3290901d7f39fa7eb598d.jpg

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

redfan
12-17-2020, 09:43 AM
How did it go over with the people in KC with Bo playing for the Royals but also playing for the Raiders?

He was (mostly)loved during the summer as a Royal, and despised(sorta kinda) as a Raider.

I was lucky enough to see him play baseball. The ABs were always an adventure, but when he got ahold of one, wow! Also fast enough to get an infield hit and steal a base. He broke many bats over his leg after striking out. It was amazing to see him run the bases and cover the outfield. Dude could really move. If he could've focused solely on baseball, he might have had a long career. He never really recovered from the football injury.

DJJasonp
12-17-2020, 09:53 AM
best athlete these eyes have ever witnessed.

The 30 for 30 is a must. The guy has Paul Bunyan-like stories in his past for the things he could do with a baseball, football, etc.

Bob Dole
12-17-2020, 09:53 AM
He was (mostly)loved during the summer as a Royal, and despised(sorta kinda) as a Raider.

I was lucky enough to see him play baseball. The ABs were always an adventure, but when he got ahold of one, wow! Also fast enough to get an infield hit and steal a base. He broke many bats over his leg after striking out. It was amazing to see him run the bases and cover the outfield. Dude could really move. If he could've focused solely on baseball, he might have had a long career. He never really recovered from the football injury.

We’d sit in GA and lower balls and a Sharpie on kite string for him to sign. He always obliged.

redfan
12-17-2020, 10:26 AM
We’d sit in GA and lower balls and a Sharpie on kite string for him to sign. He always obliged.

Bo was great with fans!!
Oh wow, we'd do the same thing with the visiting bullpen! I practically lived in LF GA all summer as a kid. My buddy's dad was KCPD working security so we'd have to be at the stadium 90mins before first pitch and stay until most of the crowd had left. We weren't allowed in RF GA, too rowdy so says the cop. We also weren't allowed to go to Yankees or Detroit Tigers games, go figure.
Saw a ton games from say '78-'88. Good times for Royals fan!

KChiefs1
12-17-2020, 10:30 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ynSXuCH-zn0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
12-17-2020, 10:31 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZmoCLo3WOk0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R Clark
12-17-2020, 10:43 AM

Bo knows bows and arrows , he can flat shoot a bow with how strong he is can’t imagine the lbs of pull he has set up

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2020, 10:55 AM
Chris Everett cameo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t3BH97I5Ur8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

InChiefsHeaven
12-17-2020, 11:28 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t3BH97I5Ur8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow....never knew that. Pretty awesome IMO...

Mama Hip Rockets
12-17-2020, 11:59 AM

I've always wondered this as well. I grew up in the 80s. I was a huge baseball fan, but I didn't get into football until I was older. So I really loved Bo because I was a huge Royals fan. I've always wondered how I would have felt about him during football season if I was a Chiefs fan at that point too.

Dayze
12-17-2020, 12:01 PM
Jim Everett seems like a big dude.

Rain Man
12-17-2020, 12:04 PM

Raider. Won't watch.

Also, see Post 3.

gblowfish
12-17-2020, 12:09 PM
I have a couple memories of Bo. When I was doing radio in Columbia, I got a couple of press passes from our News Director to go to a Royals-Orioles game. In the 9th inning, Bo came around and steamrolled Rick Dempsey at home plate to score the game winning run. I got to go down to the locker room, and Gubicza was following Bo around calling him "RoboCop." I think that was Bo's rookie year. When Bo first came to KC in a Raiders uniform, the Chiefs defense made it their sworn mission to kick his ass. They did. They held him to less than 50 yards rushing, and Deron Cherry, fresh back from a serious neck injury, forced Bo to fumble. Chiefs won that game. Bo never did have a big game at Arrowhead IIRC.

redfan
12-17-2020, 12:31 PM
Raider. Won't watch.

Also, see Post 3.

Now come the fuck on, RM. I hate the faid as much as anyone, but ya gotta respect the pure athletic talent. The man was legendary!
His days as a Royal cancel out any faid residue.

seclark
12-17-2020, 02:32 PM
I have a couple memories of Bo. When I was doing radio in Columbia, I got a couple of press passes from our News Director to go to a Royals-Orioles game. In the 9th inning, Bo came around and steamrolled Rick Dempsey at home plate to score the game winning run. I got to go down to the locker room, and Gubicza was following Bo around calling him "RoboCop." I think that was Bo's rookie year. When Bo first came to KC in a Raiders uniform, the Chiefs defense made it their sworn mission to kick his ass. They did. They held him to less than 50 yards rushing, and Deron Cherry, fresh back from a serious neck injury, forced Bo to fumble. Chiefs won that game. Bo never did have a big game at Arrowhead IIRC.

i was at that game.
didn't cherry say he dreamed about doing that the night before?
weather was shitty too...sleet and ice. wife took the twins out to the car at half time and stayed.

after the game, i was walking out to the car and saw my brother in law, from springfield. just walked right past him like he wasn't even there. when i told the wife, she asked why i didn't talk to him...i said, "fuck him, he's a raider fan."
sec

tatorhog
12-17-2020, 03:58 PM

I remember getting to go to a game in 86, I think it was. It was the game Bo hit one half way up the grass hill in left, and was the longest HR at the K (well, I guess thats disputed over a Johnny Bench homer, but whatever. Bo holds the record as far as I'm concerned).

Then I got to go to a Chiefs-Raiders game. It was cold as hell, rainy and Percy Snow just shadowed Bo the entire game and he did jack squat. I think the game ended up being like 9-6 or something. I think that was Bo's last game at Arrowhead if I'm not mistaken.

But man was he fun to watch in person. You always felt like something great was going to happen anytime he was involved.