PDA

View Full Version : Football brees off ir

cripple creek
12-16-2020, 08:25 PM
https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-designate-drew-brees-ribs-lung-to-return-from-ir

tyecopeland
12-16-2020, 08:45 PM
Not true. They designated him to return. Which opens a 21 day period for him to be activated off ir. It also allows him to practice with the team. But he is still on IR.

RealSNR
12-16-2020, 09:07 PM
In other news, Taysom Hill is Lamar Jackson with the arm of Damon Huard. He's garbage, and I can't wait until the NFL wakes up and realizes he's not a real QB

Halfcan
12-17-2020, 02:09 AM
I would love to see Jones belly flop on him for a big sack.

BlackOp
12-17-2020, 05:05 AM
Saints are already in the post-season...if I were a GM, I wouldn't start him until absolutely necessary.

I dont think they beat KC even if he had never been injured.

If the end game is getting to the SB...you rest him until round one....or at least week 17.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-17-2020, 08:29 AM
No Lamar Jackson action here.Brees will not be able to even waddle to fart

Why Not?
12-17-2020, 09:01 AM
Saints are already in the post-season...if I were a GM, I wouldn't start him until absolutely necessary.

I dont think they beat KC even if he had never been injured.

If the end game is getting to the SB...you rest him until round one....or at least week 17.

Tough position for them. I don’t think Brees plays because I’m guessing he’s not ready to take hits to the ribs but if he were even 50/50 it would be a tough call. There may not be another team in the league that needs HFA more than the Saints. They’re toast if they have to go to Lambeau in late January.

DrRyan
12-17-2020, 09:09 AM
Tough position for them. I don’t think Brees plays because I’m guessing he’s not ready to take hits to the ribs but if he were even 50/50 it would be a tough call. There may not be another team in the league that needs HFA more than the Saints. They’re toast if they have to go to Lambeau in late January.

100% this. I can’t imagine the saints winning in GB in January with Brees rag arm unless their D had their best possible game and Kamara went over 200 total yards.

Bearcat
12-17-2020, 10:00 AM

Were they airing it out with Brees earlier this season? I haven't watched them, but it's been sounding like his arm is done, and they're pretty decent running the ball and defending the run.

Of course, they're also a dome team and all of that... but, curious if they're a bit better off these days to play in the arctic.

The Packers play Saturday night, so at least they'll know the outcome of that game in case the Panthers do find a way to win.... but, I'd rest Brees for the playoffs anyway.

KChiefs1
12-17-2020, 10:44 AM

I absolutely think they shouldn't play him. I really wish he was playing though.

Marcellus
12-17-2020, 10:56 AM
Were they airing it out with Brees earlier this season? I haven't watched them, but it's been sounding like his arm is done, and they're pretty decent running the ball and defending the run.

Of course, they're also a dome team and all of that... but, curious if they're a bit better off these days to play in the arctic.

The Packers play Saturday night, so at least they'll know the outcome of that game in case the Panthers do find a way to win.... but, I'd rest Brees for the playoffs anyway.

He had 2 300 yard games prior to getting hurt and has 18TD's in 9 games.

Averaged 244 yards a game, so not really bad but not great. Not the type of numbers you beat Mahomes with.

El caliente
12-17-2020, 11:08 AM
As a Saints fan I don’t want him to play this game. We have a spot in the playoffs secured, and he needs to get healthy. Let Taysom run this out so that we can evaluate who he is, and see if there is anything there.

The Saints won’t play Brees regardless. This is a simple diversion. Winston will be the backup and Drew will be on the sideline licking his fingers.

As to not getting the #1 seed, no Saints fan is as scared of GB as they are the Vikings. GB in GB isn’t a concern as there won’t be any fans, and a GB is vulnerable against good teams (1-2 vs teams over .500, The Saints aren’t much better at 2-2 vs teams over .500). That rematch won’t look anything like the first matchup, so yes, the Saints don’t mind traveling to GB.

Coochie liquor
12-17-2020, 11:42 AM
I’ve got Bucs over Saints in first round with GB on bye.

El caliente
12-17-2020, 11:47 AM
I’ve got Bucs over Saints in first round with GB on bye.

Do you think TB12 will have Arians offed by then?

Just so folks are aware, the only reason that Brees returned this year to play is because Tom Brady was rumored to be interested in coming to play in NO, and Drew wasn’t having it. Right now it’s a push as to would we be in a better spot with Brady, but Drew is a competitor with an expiration date of Feb. 2021. If he makes it to the Super Bowl great, if he doesn’t his expiration date is still Feb. 2021.

EPodolak
12-17-2020, 12:14 PM
He had 2 300 yard games prior to getting hurt and has 18TD's in 9 games.

Averaged 244 yards a game, so not really bad but not great. Not the type of numbers you beat Mahomes with.

Brees hasn't been bad. He was never a big arm down field guy to begin with.

El caliente
12-17-2020, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Drew has never had a big arm. Even when he was younger and in his prime he struggled getting passes longer than 40 yards. He was never Jamarcus Russell in that regard.

People dogged on Drew this year, but all he did was operate with surgical precision down the field without the help of Michael Thomas, and little unity with Emmanuel Sanders. He has been solid, but people crapping on his short passing average didn’t really follow his game to begin with.

I heard one clown mock him saying “he isn’t an elite passer. All he does is make completions at a high rate.”

Indian Chief
12-17-2020, 12:39 PM
Not true. They designated him to return. Which opens a 21 day period for him to be activated off ir. It also allows him to practice with the team. But he is still on IR.

Sorry, meant to thumbs up and fat fingered it on my phone.

They're not going to throw Brees out there right now. They want to see him in practice and get him some reps. They aren't fighting for a playoff spot and don't need to take unnecessary risks.

Why Not?
12-17-2020, 12:40 PM

I don’t think they air it out quite as much as they used to but still. If I’m the Packers, I stick Alexander on Thomas and stack the box to sell out to stop the run. If Brees can beat me in 3 degree weather going over the top to Emmanuel Sanders, I tip my cap. Saints fan can bravado all they want but if that game is in GB, I’m taking the Packers and so is any other non Saints fan.

Why Not?
12-17-2020, 12:42 PM
As a Saints fan I don’t want him to play this game. We have a 1st round bye

Link?

Marcellus
12-17-2020, 01:25 PM
Brees hasn't been bad. He was never a big arm down field guy to begin with.

Sure but his YPA, YPG, and most other numbers are down from his average.

Bowser
12-17-2020, 01:58 PM
Sorry, meant to thumbs up and fat fingered it on my phone.

They're not going to throw Brees out there right now. They want to see him in practice and get him some reps. They aren't fighting for a playoff spot and don't need to take unnecessary risks.

Plus, let Taysom play the game against an AFC team and save Drew for the conference games and fight for the bye

El caliente
12-17-2020, 02:05 PM
Link?

Lol, good catch, I made the edit, I meant to say “we have a playoff spot locked.”

As to Saints vs GB in GB, Brees over the top to Sanders might just be what the Packers get if they play 8 in the box.

Why Not?
12-17-2020, 03:16 PM
Lol, good catch, I made the edit, I meant to say “we have a playoff spot locked.”

As to Saints vs GB in GB, Brees over the top to Sanders might just be what the Packers get if they play 8 in the box.

Yeah just busting your chops.

If the Saints do that successfully, they’ll probably be in the Super Bowl

tatorhog
12-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Whats to say Winston doesn't get the nod. He's a basketcase and is streaky as hell, but I could see him getting snaps in this game, which dramatically changes the defensive game plan.

DaneMcCloud
12-17-2020, 03:24 PM
Were they airing it out with Brees earlier this season?

Through nine games, Brees had 18 TD's and 3 INT's while averaging 244 yards passing.

KChiefs1
12-17-2020, 04:51 PM
Whats to say Winston doesn't get the nod. He's a basketcase and is streaky as hell, but I could see him getting snaps in this game, which dramatically changes the defensive game plan.

I absolutely think that Jameis gets some snaps on Sunday.

El caliente
12-17-2020, 11:32 PM
No, if Winston gets snaps they would be due to injury or Hill’s poor play. If we go down big early then Sean might just can Taysom and see if Winston can get anything done, but the time for Winston to get any snaps came during our 4 week cushion (when Taysom was starting).

As it is, the Saints know what they have in Winston, and they don’t want to showcase that and run the risk of someone signing him away this offseason. The Saints want him back, but they are cash strapped. If another team sees him perform well it won’t take much to out bid the Saints for Winston’s services this offseason.

Indian Chief
12-18-2020, 11:05 AM
Well, I have to admit I was completely wrong about this. Either Brees really is 100% or the Saints are morons.

El caliente
12-18-2020, 11:14 AM
Well, I have to admit I was completely wrong about this. Either Brees really is 100% or the Saints are morons.

Why not both?

I’m worried for the guy’s health.