PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game Week 15: KC 32, Aints 29

gblowfish
12-20-2020, 09:28 PM
Ten Things About Today’s Game Week 15: KC 32 - Aints 29

10. Friday was my last day working in 2020. I shut down my desk, grabbed my laptop, left all my sales BS, turned off the lights, set my phone message to “GONE DADDY GONE”, strolled out to the Subie and got the Hell out of Johnson County - back to Stately Wayne Minor here in Glorious Independence, MO. It was a rough year for small business. I’m in the AV biz, and all of our customers are in people businesses; churches, schools, entertainment, seminars, etc. It was even rougher for them. We all endeavored to persevere. We had Covid inside our company and in the businesses on both sides of us in our little small business park. I luckily made it out unscathed and reasonably healthy; and can now pretend I’m retired for a couple weeks. That’s exactly what I’m going to do. My two kittens Otis Taylor Cat and Tony Gonzalez Cat will have their first Christmas with Mrs. B and me. I’m going to putter around the house, do some honey do list stuff, only go out for groceries and gasoline, and veg out on football. So, I’m a free man until 2021. All of this has nothing to do with the Chiefs playing the Saints today. It just felt good to take stock on where I am and where I’m going with Christmas just five days away. Hope all of you will have some much needed time out too.

9. It’s hard to nit pick anything when the team is 13-1. I mean, Good Lord, they won EVERY road game this season. First time I think the Chiefs have ever done that in a 16-game season. Today’s game was typical of a Covid year. Aints fans will say “Well, our best receiver was out. Brees wasn’t himself, he’s still beat up. Our best defender got thrown out on a questionable conduct penalty.” Yeah…well… we were down to playing a guard…not even a good guard…at right tackle. Our left tackle probably should have sat out this week with a bad back and got trucked mercilessly the entire game. Our highest paid defender should have his picture on milk cartons. Nobody has seen him for weeks. Our first round pick got his knee blown out when a Aints defender bent him over backwards in a pile long after the play was over. Our other running back got dragged down by his face mask a few plays later and had his neck snapped down onto the concrete turf. So it cuts both ways. All I know is the Aints lost two games in a row, including one last week to a rookie QB and if they last long enough, will most likely face Aaron Rodgers in sub freezing Green Bay on the frozen tundra. Good luck with that, southern cheating ass dome team.

8. Patrick showed a lot of maturity. I’m sure he had a good idea he was going to get bounced around pretty good today with the patchwork line in front of him. He was sacked three times and fumbled when he took a real hard shot in the back -the hardest hit he’s taken all year. But he bounced right back. I don’t hold Wylie responsible for his day, he put up a real good fight and actually got Cam Jordan so flummoxed that he threw a punch and got kicked out of the game in the crucial fourth quarter. Fisher was playing hurt. Really hurt. He probably shouldn’t have been out there. Hendrickson beat him for two ugly sacks and also put the hit on Mahomes that caused the fumble. It reminded me when Fisher was dominating AJ Watt a few years ago when Watt was trying to play hurt. This was the table turned. I just hope Fisher is able to heal up by playoff time. If we go into January without Fisher, Remmers and Mitch the Kitch, we have no chance to get out of the AFC playoffs alive.

7. That said, one of the things that crossed my mind after the Chiefs made the two point conversion was, just how amazingly entertaining this offense is. After watching years of bumbling Chiefs QBs throw six yard curls on third and ten, Patrick is the master of converting third and long to third and impossible. It’s right up there or beyond prime career Favre, Manning and Marino. Just fearless, amazing throws. Chiefs were 50% on third down conversions - 9 for 18- even with that horrific offensive line. KC had 34 total first downs. Meanwhile Brees and company were 1 for 11 on third down and only had 15 first downs. We saw shovel plays, option plays, wild sidearm passes, great diving catches, scrambles to move the chains; just every conceivable way to move the football. We didn’t hit anything long, only because of dropped passes. More coming on that. KC had 411 total yards to Aints 285. And TOP was KC 41 minutes to Aints 19 minutes, mostly due to all the three and outs by Brees. Brees probably shouldn’t have played. He was terrible most of the game. He hit KC with one long surprise bomb. That came right after Andy chose not to challenge a backward pass play. He also got a short field after the Mahomes fumble, and should have had three or four picks in the game instead of only one.

6. Hardman giveth, Hardman taketh away. Yeah, he dropped at least three or four passes. He also caught a beautiful pass in the narrow corner of the end zone with a nifty foot drag. Yeah, his punt return yardage was negative 15. And when he got shaken up before halftime, D Robb said “Hold My Beer” and managed to puke up a safety with three seconds left. All he had to do was fair catch the ball or just let it bounce into the end zone. That was the stupidest special teams play I’ve seen in 20 years, and that includes having to watch Chiefs Specials Coach Mike Stock let a Canadian rent a kicker kick us out of the playoffs against Oakland in 1999. (That was Derrick Thomas’ last game BTW.) Aints special teams are clearly elite. They had the best kick coverage we’ve seen all year. Just fair catch the punts, Dave. Dave Toub needs to wise up. Really poor job by our kick return teams. We must do better in January. And never let D Robb return a kick again ever. Ever. Was Pringle not active today?

5. If we talk defense, there was some very good and some bad as usual. The very good was all the three and outs laid down on Brees. Alvin Kamara was held pretty well in check -he had one nice TD run- but overall only got 56 yards rushing. He’s one of the top tier backs in the NFL. Defensive game ball goes to Sneed. He had the only sack and only pick in the game. The only thing Frank Clark did this week was draw a single holding penalty. That’s it. If you watch him, on his pass rush he rushes straight up field, the tackle watches him go, and the QB steps up in the pocket. He runs himself out of the play. He’s just nowhere to be found. Chris Jones drew his weekly late hit penalty. He also was unspectacular. Defensive backs all played OK except nobody could come down with a pick. Honey Badger got burned for a 50 yard bomb and dropped a pick. Breeland had some nice pass break ups. Sorensen played decent, especially in run support. As Fax so eloquently called him, Alfred E. Neimann was the weak link. Why is Gay not out there covering backs and tight ends? Isn’t that why we drafted him? He can’t be any worse. And for you Iowa Hawkeye fans who keep running to Alfred E’s defense, you remind me of Phillip Gaines' mom.

4. Kelce got 68 yards and a TD, so he’s continuing to march towards that season yards record for a tight end. Tyreek Hill tied Dwayne Bowe’s record for 15 TDs in a season by a Chiefs wide receiver. As long as Patrick plays in one or both of the remaining games, both guys should break those records. Mahomes threw the ball 47 times, which seems like a lot. But KC ran 92 plays from scrimmage. That’s a really lot of plays in one game. KC rushed for 179 yards, most since the Buffalo game. Both CEH and Bell were very good today at moving the pile and picking up tough first downs. Patrick had a couple crucial scrambles for first downs in the second half.

3. The injury to CEH looked pretty bad. They said XRays at the Superdome were negative, but we won’t know anything for sure until the MRI tomorrow in KC. He’s probably done for this year. Hopefully it won’t be a career affecting injury. It would be a shame to have the kid’s career cut short after one season. We’re going to most likely have to make due with Bell, Williams and The Termite. Sherman can run the ball some too in a pinch. A few years ago he gained over 100 yards against the Donks. Anyway, if he’s done for the year that’s going to be a big blow to the offense. Bell will have to step up like he did today.

2. We were able to win this game against the second ranked defense in the NFL missing two of our best offensive linemen; playing a guard out of position and leaving Fisher out there when he’s obviously not himself. It doesn’t matter if you win by three or three hundred, and like we’ve been saying week after week enjoy this wave of success, because it doesn’t happen very often. Knock on wood we’ll be able to get through the next two games injury and Covid free. At least we’ll be home and playing a dome team and a Southern California team in Christmas weather. Let it snow, let is snow, let it snow!

1. What a difference a year makes. Think about this: The Pats were eliminated today and will miss the playoffs for the first time since 2008. The team we played in the Super Bowl last year was eliminated today. And the Frickin’ Rams, the NFC Super Bowl team from two years ago, got beat at home by the winless Jets…and the Jets fans are pissed because they won! What a kooky year. It sure would be great to get the only bye, and we’ve got a pretty good shot at it. If we can get a little help from the Colts and Browns against the Steelers, it could be a decent shot to make it to Tampa to Run it Back. It’s all there for the taking.

On behalf of Mrs. B., the Blowfish Kitties and me, here’s wishing all my pals here on the CP a happy and healthy Christmas, and may 2021 be a big shot in the arm for us all. Peace. GB

TinyEvel
12-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Fist!

Great Expectations
12-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Great write up, once again.

tmax63
12-20-2020, 09:35 PM
Thanks and Merry Christmas Mr. GB

RedRaider56
12-20-2020, 09:42 PM
Great write-up,as always

Merry Christmas to you and the Ms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L.A. Chieffan
12-20-2020, 09:43 PM
Merry Christmas George

Hammock Parties
12-20-2020, 09:45 PM
Merry Christmas bud.

IA_Chiefs_fan
12-20-2020, 09:54 PM
Great job, as usual.

Buehler445
12-20-2020, 09:56 PM
Good read George.

RE: #7. Mahomes is better than all those dudes. Mahomes lets loose a pass every drive they hit on every couple games and then ESPN would talk about it for the rest of the year. Mahomes is a savant. Really, outside of Hill and Kelce, most of the rest of the team isn't that special. Mahomes is the best I've ever seen.

The good news is the fucker that was trucking Fisher cratered his shoulder. Might be just a stinger, but I don't think he came back.

Also, consider how many times we've ran the clock out on fools. Seems like every team post-Roaf we'd have to fucking punt and hope to shit our sieve defense could accidentally get a stop.

Robinson, man. If he wasn't good for a jackass play every third game or so, I'd feel bad for him. Nope. Gotta have better awareness than that even if you never do it. Hell put anybody in there. Fuck let Sherman fair catch the damned thing. Again, to segue back to happy thoughts. How fucking good is Mahomes that we can have colossal fuckups and he'll just fix them. Brady was really good, but that team never fucked up. Like ever. Manning couldn't ever unfuck anything. Rodgers is probably the closest but even he's had a bunch of games he couldn't get going in. Mahomes is the best I've ever seen. As if you forgot.

Merry Christmas, all the best.

dtrain
12-20-2020, 09:58 PM
Great write up as usual and now my Sunday is complete!

Easy 6
12-20-2020, 09:58 PM
"Just fearless, amazing throws" it's honestly become old hat and taken for granted around here... even the tv talking heads have run out of superlatives just like everyone else

Every single week he defies description and bucks all odds, its just freakish... we lucked out soooooo good

Chief Northman
12-20-2020, 10:05 PM
Great read.

Merry Christmas to you and yours George.

Shiver Me Timbers
12-20-2020, 10:07 PM
Perfect take!
You got talent George.
Prayers to CEH. dude got bent pretty hard. If he plays again (this year)after that twisting
he is my new superhero.

Oh and good on you for the time off. Turn the phone off and do them chores.................

Spott
12-20-2020, 10:10 PM
Definitely a weird game. One thing that stood out to me today was our red zone offense against one of the best defenses in the league. 4 TD’s and 1 FG in five trips in the red zone was a pretty good feat against this team. Merry Christmas. :)

Halfcan
12-20-2020, 10:10 PM
Merry Christmas. Great write up!

Pointer19
12-20-2020, 10:11 PM
Merry Christmas!

old_geezer
12-20-2020, 10:11 PM
I always enjoy reading your "Ten Things" . Merry Christmas to you and all the other Blowfishes.

jjchieffan
12-20-2020, 10:22 PM
Great read as always. Merry Christmas

petegz28
12-20-2020, 10:23 PM
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s640x640/132034011_10158968061133373_6395468511118264957_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=US_bV7alh5AAX-qlwNc&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&tp=7&oh=3c51c5f8bf9f4aa5ef012f7c9ccf4e54&oe=6006407A

Easy 6
12-20-2020, 10:26 PM
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s640x640/132034011_10158968061133373_6395468511118264957_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=US_bV7alh5AAX-qlwNc&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&tp=7&oh=3c51c5f8bf9f4aa5ef012f7c9ccf4e54&oe=6006407A

That tip toe dragging masterpiece more than forgives him for last week, that was a Big Boy catch

TribalElder
12-20-2020, 10:37 PM
great write up!

MMXcalibur
12-20-2020, 10:47 PM
Merry Christmas, George!

eDave
12-20-2020, 10:49 PM
#9 is a good rant. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mr.

one horse town
12-20-2020, 10:49 PM
Except your idiot politics ruins it all.

wheeler08
12-20-2020, 10:51 PM
Merry Christmas to you, and Phillip Gaines mom!

KCFalcon59
12-20-2020, 10:53 PM
Merry Xmas George!

LiveSteam
12-20-2020, 11:05 PM
Merry Christmas All

jjjayb
12-20-2020, 11:36 PM
Great write up as usual blowfish. Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs.!

mnchiefsguy
12-20-2020, 11:52 PM
Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. Blowfish!

TinyEvel
12-21-2020, 12:56 AM
Thanks G-Blow. Love #10. Nothing like that feeling shutting down for the holidays. Enjoy it!

LongSufferingToady
12-21-2020, 02:07 AM
And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Mr. Blowfish.

KC_Connection
12-21-2020, 02:44 AM
After watching years of bumbling Chiefs QBs throw six yard curls on third and ten, Patrick is the master of converting third and long to third and impossible. It’s right up there or beyond prime career Favre, Manning and Marino. Just fearless, amazing throws.

Beyond. He's doing things at a level that nobody that's played the position ever has.

big nasty kcnut
12-21-2020, 03:19 AM
Great read and merry Christmas George! Time for the chiefs to enjoy some home cooking.

PunkinDrublic
12-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Nice job. Enjoy your time off during the holidays.

MeaTy The Pimp
12-21-2020, 06:22 AM
Great write-up and summary of the game. I always enjoy reading your take.

Merry Christmas to you and yours sir.

cabletech94
12-21-2020, 06:36 AM
I know you’ve always talked about stately Wayne manner. Is it because of covid that it’s now Minor? Sorry you had to downsize. Ha ha!! Little early Monday morning humor!!

Thanks for the time you spend on these 10 things, you’re doing great!!
Hugs to dem kitties and the wife!! Enjoy your free time!!

gblowfish
12-21-2020, 08:35 AM
I know you’ve always talked about stately Wayne manner. Is it because of covid that it’s now Minor? Sorry you had to downsize. Ha ha!! Little early Monday morning humor!!

Thanks for the time you spend on these 10 things, you’re doing great!!
Hugs to dem kitties and the wife!! Enjoy your free time!!

Stately Wayne Minor: It's a cross between Batman's Crib Stately Wayne Manor and the now defunct Kansas City Public Housing Project Wayne Minor, which was a "Good Times" style multi story apartment building down by 12th and Vine. The Feds blew it up several years ago because it was crime ridden.

Gary Cooper
12-21-2020, 08:37 AM
Haven't heard the bare footed kicker from 1999 mentioned in some time. Talk about awful memories. I believe Jon Baker was his name.

InChiefsHeaven
12-21-2020, 08:37 AM
Awesome write up. It's weird how Mahomey has exercised the Because Chiefs demons from me. I have not felt like we were going to lose a game all season, I've never despaired on 3rd and long, and I've never WANTED to see my QB scramble because the OLine sucks...but here we are! It all starts and ends with Pat. Eventually they will have to replace some guys, but by that time, Pat will be some sort of offensive guru who just makes scrubs into MVPs.

Speaking of MVP, if there is any doubt that he wears #15 for the Chiefs, it should be dispelled after this one.

I'm off next week, so this Wednesday will be my last day of the year at work. I'd love to have clocked out last week, but it is what it is.

Merry Christmas to you and yours! God Bless!

otherstar
12-21-2020, 08:39 AM
Merry Christmas, George!

gblowfish
12-21-2020, 08:39 AM
Haven't heard the bare footed kicker from 1999 mentioned in some time. Talk about awful memories. I believe Jon Baker was his name.If you go Google the Chiefs 1999 season and read about that final game vs. the Raiders, it was arguably the worst special teams day in Chiefs history. The special teams in that game cost us a trip to the playoffs.

gblowfish
12-21-2020, 08:45 AM
Awesome write up. It's weird how Mahomey has exercised the Because Chiefs demons from me. I have not felt like we were going to lose a game all season, I've never despaired on 3rd and long, and I've never WANTED to see my QB scramble because the OLine sucks...but here we are! It all starts and ends with Pat. Eventually they will have to replace some guys, but by that time, Pat will be some sort of offensive guru who just makes scrubs into MVPs.

Speaking of MVP, if there is any doubt that he wears #15 for the Chiefs, it should be dispelled after this one.

I'm off next week, so this Wednesday will be my last day of the year at work. I'd love to have clocked out last week, but it is what it is.

Merry Christmas to you and yours! God Bless!

My only concern with Patrick scrambling is injury, most likely on a cheap shot. He seems to be smart about when to slide or jump out of bounds. I'm not saying he shouldn't do it. It's an important ingredient in this offense being unpredictable. The option pitch plays have been awesome too. That TD pitch to Bell was a thing of beauty. Pure Oklahoma wishbone stuff. I'm afraid the National Press will give the MVP to Rodgers because his years left playing are fewer. They might feel Patrick has a decade at least to win another one or two MVPs. The only reason I have this week off is because I was supposed to be off Thanksgiving week, but had to go back in because we were short handed due to Covid. I always take the week between Christmas and New Years. I haven't had two weeks in a row off for probably a decade or more. Love being home and being able to do whatever I want whenever I feel like it. I suppose that's always true, but it's difficult to live that way when you are gainfully employed :)

burt
12-21-2020, 08:57 AM
I'm afraid the National Press will give the MVP to Rodgers because his years left playing are fewer. They might feel Patrick has a decade at least to win another one or two MVPs.

While I personally feel our QB is the MVP, and the best QB in the entire world, I can see that both he and Rodgers have legitimate cause for MVP. AND Merry Christmas Mr. Blowfish!

scho63
12-21-2020, 08:58 AM
Thank you GBlowfish for a great writeup leading into Xmas! Hope you and the misses along with Otis and Tony G have a great holiday.

Didn't see it mentioned that the first half dragged on forever and was almost 25 minutes late heading into 3Q. The game flow was horrific.

It seemed like Mahomes was running for his life the entire game- that hard hit scared the hell out of me that he could have cracked his sternum. That was a hell of a 1-2 hit. Drop passes all over and Mahomes had little time so often to lean into a pass.

Ugly penalties again and some guys had horrible games.

Sad for CEH and I think Bell should have been put into concussion protocol so we lucked out on that! It was a scary game to watch, not for the score but the injuries and dirty shot they pulled.

Next week we should be able to relax a little and maybe rest a few guys.

Onward and upwards! :thumb:

RoyalsAndSaints
12-21-2020, 08:58 AM
Somebody get this guy a doll of his 25-year old hero for Christmas..

Meatloaf
12-21-2020, 09:06 AM
Thanks for continuing your 10 Things, George. Makes for some enjoyable reading after each game. Hope you and yours have a safe, healthy and Merry Christmas!!!

gblowfish
12-21-2020, 09:10 AM
This morning they're saying CEH has a strained hip and a high ankle sprain, but they won't know for sure until the MRI. If its a hip and ankle, he could be ready by the Playoffs. I just hope he didn't get a hip injury like Bo Jackson. Keeping fingers crossed the kid will be OK.

Scho: I didn't talk about penalties, but yeah, KC is the second most penalized team in the NFL. Only Arizona Cardinals are worse. We seem to help sustain opponent's drives with penalties a lot, especially on third down. And a lot of the penalties are stupid unsportsmanlike conduct stuff. Chris Jones is the main offender. He just seems to screw up at least once a game with a needless penalty that leads to an opponent getting points. Yesterday's game New Orleans had twice as many penalties as KC, mainly because they were playing dirty the whole game. This was a old school bounty game in their minds. I'll bet there was a cash bounty under the table for Mahomes.

stevieray
12-21-2020, 09:13 AM
This morning they're saying CEH has a strained hip and a high ankle sprain, but they won't know for sure until the MRI. If its a hip and ankle, he could be ready by the Playoffs. I just hope he didn't get a hip injury like Bo Jackson. Keeping fingers crossed the kid will be OK.

Scho: I didn't talk about penalties, but yeah, KC is the second most penalized team in the NFL. Only Arizona Cardinals are worse. We seem to help sustain opponent's drives with penalties a lot, especially on third down. And a lot of the penalties are stupid unsportsmanlike conduct stuff. Chris Jones is the main offender. He just seems to screw up at least once a game with a needless penalty that leads to an opponent getting points. Yesterday's game New Orleans had twice as many penalties as KC, mainly because they were playing dirty the whole game. This was a old school bounty game in their minds. I'll bet there was a cash bounty under the table for Mahomes.

That double hit Mahomes took?

Damn.

That young man is as tough as nails.

Graystoke
12-21-2020, 09:16 AM
Merry Christmas George.

Marco Polo
12-21-2020, 09:22 AM
Great read!

VAChief
12-21-2020, 09:32 AM
Merry Christmas George! Enjoy your time off!

redfan
12-21-2020, 09:43 AM
13-1, 12 days of Christmas, Ten things, 9-game winning streak, and 8-0 on the road!!
Merry Chiefsmas, everybody!!

Stryker
12-21-2020, 09:52 AM
Great write-up as always George! Enjoy your time off. Last I heard, they think CEH has a high ankle sprain and will miss the rest of the season. Those things tend to linger for quite sometime. We will see.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and Mrs. Blowfish!

PhillyChiefFan
12-21-2020, 10:16 AM
Great read, and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well

Lzen
12-21-2020, 10:47 AM
8. Normally I would agree with your take about if we have to go into the playoffs with backups we don't stand a chance. However, with this coaching staff and Mahomes, never say never.

6. I swear Robinson has rocks for brains. Someone last night said he had no talent. No, that is not correct. He is very talented. He's just a dumb dumb. Somebody needs to give him a swift kick in the butt. :cuss:

5. I thought Breeland played really well.
And Sorenson did surprisingly well on Kamara.
The whole thing with Ghay is baffling to me. I noticed that he was out there early. Then I didn't notice him for the rest of the game.
Agree about Neiman. He's just not good enough to cover TEs, period.

1. A little help from the Colts or Browns would be good but we don't need it. We control our path. If the Chiefs beat the Chargers, it doesn't matter what Pitt does.

Bwana
12-21-2020, 10:57 AM
Excellent read as always.

Lzen
12-21-2020, 11:00 AM
I hate to bring this up because I don't want to give that troll any attention but I don't get it. Sure, George has his politics and to each his own, I guess. And I often am not on the same side. But this Ten Things didn't have any of that. Why even mention it? I don't get it.

gblowfish
12-21-2020, 11:05 AM
I hate to bring this up because I don't want to give that troll any attention but I don't get it. Sure, George has his politics and to each his own, I guess. And I often am not on the same side. But this Ten Things didn't have any of that. Why even mention it? I don't get it.

I'm a friend of those long haired hippie type pinko f**s, I've even got me a commie flag tacked up on the wall inside of my garage!

Bearcat
12-21-2020, 11:06 AM
re: #7 ...I'll still sometimes have all day football marathons and Saturday was one of those days. And I figure a couple games won't be that interesting, but one or two great games makes it worth it.

Well, it was a shit show, with Bama/Florida being the closest to being a decent game... and those kinds of marathons end with me thinking, WTF did I just waste my entire day on?! Sometimes even with too much of a good thing, I'll get antsy and a little tired of watching football, much less that shit day of football.

I was thinking yesterday about it and the repetitiveness of sports.... another 3 yard run... 4th down, punt, mute the commercials, etc...... and then Mahomes is on and you better not miss a play.

Yesterday's game was far from great... Brees looked 20 years older for an already old vet, there was the fumble and safety that should have been a touchdown, a bunch of flags and confusion and of course the injury to CEH, etc; etc..... and it was still easily the best 3+ hours of football for the week, because we're watching Patrick Mahomes do things that you simply won't see any other player do in any other game.

It's so far removed from the ordinary football we've been watching for decades... it's a truly incredible time to be a Chiefs fan.

PHOG
12-21-2020, 11:12 AM
Nice write up gb, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and of course, GO CHIEFS!!

MahiMike
12-21-2020, 11:16 AM
Merry Christmas George. Enjoy your time off.

On #5, I think I've counted 6 ints missed in just the last 2 games. Can we get just a couple more turnovers from our defense please? Maybe put some stickem on their gloves?

Lzen
12-21-2020, 11:18 AM
I'm a friend of those long haired hippie type pinko f**s, I've even got me a commie flag tacked up on the wall inside of my garage!

ROFL

Frosty
12-21-2020, 11:25 AM

Hey there, Mr. Green Teeth. How's the knee?

REDHOTGTO
12-21-2020, 11:34 AM
as usual george excellent game review merry christmas to you and mrs george also

Macroach
12-21-2020, 11:46 AM
Merry Christmas George! Hoping for a holiday edition of 10 Things about life at Stately Wayne Minor. Possibly 10 things about lovely Independence MO.

Frosty
12-21-2020, 11:54 AM
Has George always written "Stately Wayne Minor" because I have never once read it that way in all these years. LMAO I only see it now because someone mentioned it.

ChiTown
12-21-2020, 11:55 AM
You are THE best George. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. B!

oldman
12-21-2020, 12:06 PM
Fine stuff, George!
I came away with some thoughts as well. First, at least 1 new real-live OT is required next year. I held my breath every time PMII dropped back. Second, Mr. Robinson needs to go. I don't know how many times I've seen him lose ground this year because he's tried to reverse directions. We have plenty of coaches on the staff, maybe one of then should hold an arrow sign pointing to forward progress for him. Lastly, I wonder if Bountygate is really over in NOLA. There looked to be a few hits and jabs that had me wondering if we were playing the hated Raiders.

KChiefs1
12-21-2020, 12:23 PM
Great read George.

Merry Christmas to everyone at Stately Wayne Minor!

cabletech94
12-21-2020, 12:28 PM
https://giphy.com/gifs/vh1-good-times-rockdocs-pd9fLHjcdvQLS

good times vh1 GIF

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pd9fLHjcdvQLS" width="480" height="269" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/vh1-good-times-rockdocs-pd9fLHjcdvQLS">via GIPHY</a></p>

InChiefsHeaven
12-21-2020, 01:28 PM

I KNEW IT!!:evil:

Mugalug
12-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Merry Christmas to you and yours George.

tmax63
12-21-2020, 03:31 PM
After due consideration I would add a #11 to your list Mr. GB.
The Chiefs can win a brawl. It was brought up that it was a "bat" game for NO and in years past the Chiefs wouldn't of held up in a brawl like that. Granted I think the Chiefs would prefer a cleaner more precise game (using a scalpel vs a cleaver) but they were able to get it done in a war as well. Another example of them winning in different styles and ways.

Marcellus
12-21-2020, 03:43 PM
Merry Christmas George!

Megatron96
12-21-2020, 05:34 PM
Merry Christmas, G. See ya on the flip . . .

King_Chief_Fan
12-21-2020, 06:13 PM
Thanks George
I look forward to your 10 things after every game.
Merry Christmas to you and Mrs. B
Keep safe and go Chiefs.