PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink My 2021 offense and defense draft picks from Total Wine.

scho63
12-25-2020, 08:36 AM
I think I did pretty good yesterday. :D

It's a rebuilding year for my new place.

Draft Picks:
-Tito's Vodka: great team player, mixes with everything.
-Glen Fohdry Scotch Whisky: 12 yr old that scored 93 at the combine. From a small school.
-Montenegro Amaro: Italian player for night games after meals. Can be a little bitter for some.
-Domaine Carneros Champagne: This kid from Napa Valley CA is bright and starts off every game to perfection. He's a real Brut.
-Tia Maria: This guy from Mexico is a little slow to develop but the finish is great with a coffee flavor but not so sweet.
-Maraschino Liqueur: This pick is Cherry! Rated 95 at the combine and pairs with certain other players well. Thick but great.
-Tuaca: This Canadian product via Italy comes out playing quick and strong. With Brandy, vanilla and caramel being his strengths.
-Dow's Porto 2013: A veteran with a lot of experience, this guy from Portugal speaks the right language. Smooth on the field and crosses the goal line all the time. Only small amounts required late night with cheese or pastry.
-Tenuta di Renieri 2017: Italian fellow that is a Classico from Chianti grapes and loves his pizza or pasta. Smooth finish.
-Heitz Cellars 2016: This German bruiser from Napa has a fantastic reputation for always delivering the goods. Went to Sauvignon Blanc school and ate pork, chicken or fish. Light and fruity.
-Saget Père & Fils 2017: The only French draftee, a Muscadet, this sweet white fella is great for seafood, Chinese or paired with cookies.
-Latitud 42: This fiery Spainard Rioja has a nice note but a smooth finish, leaving you wanting more. Pairs with a burger or meatloaf well or even jambalaya or paella.
-Stags' Leap 2018: Another Napa Valley graduate from Chardonnay, this is one of the top draft picks. Buttery in flavor, smooth in texture and a wonderful finish. Great for playing against shrimp scampi, or Manchego cheese, or Thanksgiving game of turkey.

Looking to sign some free agents next week:
- Barbancourt Rum from Haiti
- Casa Amigos Tequilla
- Trefethon Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa.

That's my team heading into 2021.

Straight, No Chaser
12-25-2020, 09:28 AM
Nice, around the worldly haul... hope you used your frequent flyer card. Um, a nice Prosecco coming off the bench? A Tempranillo or Argentinian Malbec for the red team?

scho63
12-25-2020, 09:56 AM
Prosecco sounds good!

I'm over Malbecs at the moment. Maybe a bold Beaujolais. Tempranillo like too.

The only two things I don't drink are Bourbon and Gin.

lewdog
12-25-2020, 11:10 AM
No tequila or whiskey/bourbon?

scho63
12-25-2020, 08:03 PM
No tequila or whiskey/bourbon?

Scotch-Whiskey have drafted
Bourbon no player I want
Tequilla will be signed next week as a free agent

lewdog
12-26-2020, 08:54 AM
Scotch-Whiskey have drafted
Bourbon no player I want
Tequilla will be signed next week as a free agent

Have you tried an easy to drink bourbon? Even just to make cocktails it’s nice to have on hand. Start with Elijah Craig.

What’s on the radar for tequila?

Saulbadguy
12-26-2020, 09:02 AM
Missing a quality red blend. You know, a real workhorse.

scho63
12-27-2020, 01:27 PM
Have you tried an easy to drink bourbon? Even just to make cocktails it’s nice to have on hand. Start with Elijah Craig.

What’s on the radar for tequila?

I did- the Buffalo Trace and one other. Just a tad too strong for me. I'm a wuss, not like those rough cowboys from the old days. :D