PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I Hope Our Stars Always Have This Much Passion

ChiefsFanatic
12-27-2020, 10:49 PM
Ok, so I have no idea if this is Q. IDGAF either. I have been working and doing reports all holiday weekend for hospitals waiting for those reports to treat more patients, especially COVID-19 patients, so I haven't spent a lot of time here today, except for the game, and I usually post late at night, and I just didn't have the energy to look for this already.

So, apologies, but I have never posted a tweet, and I am posting from Tapatalk, so I will apologize if it isn't formatted correctly.

Now, on to the content. I have always begrudgingly respected J.J. Watt as a player, mostly because he wasn't a Chief, but I have respected the hell out of his off the field actions.

He just gave one of the best damn answers ever given in the history of the NFL. My respect for him as a player has just went through the roof. I hope that every player, and certainly the stars, on our team feel the same way, except for the being trash part.

This deserves all the praise.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1343329197561962497?s=20

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Chief Roundup
12-27-2020, 10:52 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After the Texans’ latest loss today, J.J. Watt was asked how he and his team would be able to bounce back next week. His answer is required watching for many. <a href="https://t.co/3uRRnvBC53">pic.twitter.com/3uRRnvBC53</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1343329197561962497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Halfcan
12-27-2020, 10:53 PM
I like JJ on Good Times better. He is Dyno-MITE!!

ChiefsFanatic
12-27-2020, 10:56 PM
I like JJ on Good Times better. He is Dyno-MITE!!Hey, Good Times featured former Kansas City Chiefs player John Allen Amos Jr.

Ok, I think he was only under contract one day, or something like that. But, of course, we all recognize his voice from various Chiefs videos.

Hammock Parties
12-27-2020, 10:59 PM
I had a dream he came to KC in the offseason and wrecked hos in this defense.

ChiefsFanatic
12-27-2020, 11:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After the Texans’ latest loss today, J.J. Watt was asked how he and his team would be able to bounce back next week. His answer is required watching for many. <a href="https://t.co/3uRRnvBC53">pic.twitter.com/3uRRnvBC53</a></p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1343329197561962497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Thanks. I was just blown away by his honesty and his passion for the game, and the fans.

No canned clichés, no double talk, or excuses, just straight up honesty and realness. I have watched too many Chiefs players just stop caring in my lifetime, and I would have loved to see some of our leaders issue a statement like this. Instead, they just accepted losing year after r year.

ChiefsFanatic
12-27-2020, 11:01 PM
I had a dream he came to KC in the offseason and wrecked hos in this defense.Man, I love what Frank Clark did in the playoffs, but imagine a DE that could do on the outside what Jones does on the inside.

Discuss Thrower
12-27-2020, 11:03 PM
I'm sure Rog loved it when he succinctly described NFL branded merch as "shit"

Halfcan
12-27-2020, 11:05 PM
If he wants to win he could come to KC on a 2 Million dollar 1-year deal and get a ring.

DRM08
12-27-2020, 11:11 PM
Meanwhile Deshaun Watson seems fine with the situation. $40M per year to keep your mouth shut and be a happy guy on a losing team.

Deberg_1990
12-27-2020, 11:18 PM
Your ownership sucks JJ. Come to KC!

cdcox
12-27-2020, 11:20 PM
I'm sure Rog loved it when he succinctly described NFL branded merch as "shit"

I have to say, I was disappointed in the quality of some of the SB merch I bought. The designs on the glassware were essentially decals and the prints on one of my shirts was off center. As a monopoly, they charge top dollar but the quality isn't there.

Halfcan
12-27-2020, 11:28 PM
I have to say, I was disappointed in the quality of some of the SB merch I bought. The designs on the glassware were essentially decals and the prints on one of my shirts was off center. As a monopoly, they charge top dollar but the quality isn't there.

The little sweatshop kids in China are doing the best they can!! :)

ChiefsFanatic
12-27-2020, 11:29 PM
Meanwhile Deshaun Watson seems fine with the situation. $40M per year to keep your mouth shut and be a happy guy on a losing team.

If he wants to win he could come to KC on a 2 Million dollar 1-year deal and get a ring.

Deshaun is like every single Chiefs player from the year Hank left, to the year before Marty got here. I know that none of them wanted to upset Lamar, but they just accepted being loses and didn't seem to care about winning at all.

J.J. realistically probably only has one more year left before he is the ghost of the shell of the player he used to be, because this year he was a shell of his former self, but I would sign that deal in a heartbeat, because I think being on a winning team may be the only thing that can push him to play anywhere close to his old self.

Mahomes_Is_God
12-27-2020, 11:37 PM
This was a cry for help. JJ clearly wants us to come and save him from the shit sandwich Texans!

Pitt Gorilla
12-27-2020, 11:44 PM
I always appreciate him failing to show up against the Chiefs (in the playoffs and this season).

He's been "helping" us for a while.

-King-
12-27-2020, 11:50 PM

Who said he's happy? Wtf?

Chief Roundup
12-27-2020, 11:55 PM
Thanks. I was just blown away by his honesty and his passion for the game, and the fans.

No canned clichés, no double talk, or excuses, just straight up honesty and realness. I have watched too many Chiefs players just stop caring in my lifetime, and I would have loved to see some of our leaders issue a statement like this. Instead, they just accepted losing year after r year.

Sent from my GM1915 using TapatalkIt came across to me that some of his teammates have acted in the negative way he was referencing. He has had to endure a lot with that franchise and city.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

ChiefsFanatic
12-27-2020, 11:59 PM
It came across to me that some of his teammates have acted in the negative way he was referencing. He has had to endure a lot with that franchise and city.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TapatalkYeah, I think he was clearly talking directly to his teammates, but I think it should really be an anthem for every team eliminated from the playoffs.

I am just scarred by years of Chiefs teams who clearly didn't care about winning.

But, I am not saying pull a Jets and lose the #1 pick, when a near unanimous can't miss QB is the or the prize. There is caring about winning, and then there is just....the Jets.

TEX
12-28-2020, 12:55 AM
Deshaun is like every single Chiefs player from the year Hank left, to the year before Marty got here. I know that none of them wanted to upset Lamar, but they just accepted being loses and didn't seem to care about winning at all.

J.J. realistically probably only has one more year left before he is the ghost of the shell of the player he used to be, because this year he was a shell of his former self, but I would sign that deal in a heartbeat, because I think being on a winning team may be the only thing that can push him to play anywhere close to his old self.

JJ played great all season. He can still play at a high level.

ChiefsFanatic
12-28-2020, 12:58 AM
JJ played great all season. He can still play at a high level.Maybe. But, a high level for J.J. Watt is DPOY. There is a big drop off from that level of play, to the play of a guy on a cheap one or two year contract.

TwistedChief
12-28-2020, 04:28 AM
I love JJ Watt. This isn't the first time I've posted this, but before the playoff game last year at Arrowhead, he went around the entire ring at Arrowhead, throwing a ball to kids in the stands, the kids would throw it back, then he'd go and do it with another kid. Must've been 50 different kids who got to tell the story how they caught a pass from and then threw a pass to JJ Watt. And Chiefs fans no less.

The guy is a class act.

ChiefsFanatic
12-28-2020, 04:41 AM
I love JJ Watt. This isn't the first time I've posted this, but before the playoff game last year at Arrowhead, he went around the entire ring at Arrowhead, throwing a ball to kids in the stands, the kids would throw it back, then he'd go and do it with another kid. Must've been 50 different kids who got to tell the story how they caught a pass from and then threw a pass to JJ Watt. And Chiefs fans no less.

The guy is a class act.I hadn't seen that post or heard that story before. Or, if I have, I just forgot it. That's a really cool story, and he probably does that in every stadium he visits.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-28-2020, 07:57 AM
Pass on the Subway brodedick sammich

Chris Meck
12-28-2020, 08:19 AM

The guy is a class act.

He's an exceptional human.

I'd take JJ on a one year deal to come chase a ring if wanted out of there in a heartbeat. Even as a rotational player.

displacedinMN
12-28-2020, 08:29 AM
I would have a tough time taking a chance on Watt. Too many injuries.

alanm
12-28-2020, 08:32 AM
I always appreciate him failing to show up against the Chiefs (in the playoffs and this season).

He's been "helping" us for a while.Should tell you something about Swartz. Good thing he didn't have to go against Wylie.

mlyonsd
12-28-2020, 08:45 AM

The guy is a class act.
Wow.

Chris Meck
12-28-2020, 08:47 AM
I would have a tough time taking a chance on Watt. Too many injuries.

I'm not talking about a big money deal.

bowener
12-28-2020, 12:34 PM
JJ ends up in Pitt with his brothers.

Gary Cooper
12-28-2020, 12:49 PM
Eric Fisher's bitch after this play. Dude rarely even lines up against Fisher anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGiQnOMdubE

Hoover
12-28-2020, 12:49 PM
I think JJ might be a hell of a coach when he's done playing

MahiMike
12-28-2020, 01:56 PM
I thought this thread was about Tyreek Hill running down the defender on a questionable hammy.

Bob Dole
12-28-2020, 02:06 PM

The guy is a class act.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fanbuzz.com/nfl/jj-watt-pregame-routine/amp/

Pitt Gorilla
12-28-2020, 02:12 PM
I thought this thread was about Tyreek Hill running down the defender on a questionable hammy.

GREAT point.

Beef Supreme
12-28-2020, 03:30 PM
The karma for that bogus World Series win has reached out and touched all the Houston sports teams.

Rain Man
12-28-2020, 03:44 PM
That was a good speech by Watt. It was the football version of Gettysburg.

srvy
12-28-2020, 04:02 PM
Did JJ play the full year? It's a Xmas miracle.

Skyy God
12-28-2020, 06:10 PM
I hope JJ has recovered from the Fish rape.