KChiefs1
12-28-2020, 11:35 PM
Cancel culture. Snowflakes.

tredadda
12-28-2020, 11:36 PM
In before it ends up in DC.

cosmo20002
12-28-2020, 11:37 PM
I guess because it's like 3 black dudes are going to beat your ass for not paying rent?

It's a stupid post.
I wouldn't think the Chiefs would want to portray their own players as leg-breaking collection enforcers, but it didn't strike me as racist...just stupid.

Rain Man
12-28-2020, 11:37 PM
I have no idea why this is a negative stereotype, unless being tough and intimidating is a negative stereotype.

louie aguiar
12-28-2020, 11:38 PM
I’m sure the chiefs will capitulate and take down the tweet and apologize. Apparently landlords collecting rent is now offensive.

Buehler445
12-28-2020, 11:38 PM
I like boobs.

Rain Man
12-28-2020, 11:39 PM
I like boobs.

We need visuals to understand your statement.

RealSNR
12-28-2020, 11:41 PM
Emmanuel Acho is a dickless bitch.

See? Look at this. A white baby is beating the shit out of his debtor. Any person of any race can collect rent!

https://media.tenor.com/images/be16d134ef311eec2c679993c216848a/tenor.gif

alanm
12-28-2020, 11:41 PM
Stupid people be stoopid.

alanm
12-28-2020, 11:43 PM
I like boobs.Me too!

CasselGotPeedOn
Hey Acho:

https://i.ibb.co/h9TwCyf/IMG-20200126-141621.jpg

TimeForWasp
I want free stuff.

Halfcan
12-28-2020, 11:47 PM
I’m sure the chiefs will capitulate and take down the tweet and apologize. Apparently landlords collecting rent is now offensive.

Wrong- Tavia Hunt already set this pussy moron straight.

Rain Man
12-29-2020, 12:02 AM
Stupid people be stoopid.

This had better not be about the boobs thing.

KChiefs1
12-29-2020, 12:35 AM
I have no idea why this is a negative stereotype, unless being tough and intimidating is a negative stereotype.

[emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587]

KChiefs1
12-29-2020, 12:38 AM
We need visuals to understand your statement.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/YiIGgI3QblMwU/giphy.gif
https://media4.giphy.com/media/12WgrmWEDsKN7q/giphy.gif
https://media0.giphy.com/media/50cjS4l1tm8ne/giphy.gif
https://media3.giphy.com/media/ByNAYqLYBeLK/giphy.gif
https://media1.giphy.com/media/MUdNCZ9xVveY8/giphy.gif
https://media1.giphy.com/media/tGbhyv8Wmi4EM/giphy.gif

BWillie
12-29-2020, 01:25 AM
So, Mathieu actually didn't want to be called the honey badger anymore and has been promoting himself as the landlord for at least two years now. Talking about how everyone owes him rent, in a menacing way. Soo HE calls HIMSELF the landlord.

Demonpenz
12-29-2020, 01:35 AM
So, Mathieu actually didn't want to be called the honey badger anymore and has been promoting himself as the landlord for at least two years now. Talking about how everyone owes him rent, in a menacing way. Soo HE calls HIMSELF the landlord.

damn he does play like a honey badger though especially in college. He was always fucking people up by going low

RollChiefsRoll
12-29-2020, 01:37 AM
What a fucking retarded take.

Rain Man
12-29-2020, 01:44 AM

Oh, I see what he's talking about now.

Bump
12-29-2020, 02:46 AM
800+ people agree. I also agree, it's really triggering and the Chiefs must be cancelled and removed from the NFL immediately.

kjwood75nro
12-29-2020, 02:53 AM
This topic of offense would be a lot funnier if there wasn't a football team that is literally called the "Washington Football Team."

And we're the Chiefs.

ChiefsFanatic
12-29-2020, 03:25 AM
People are attacking Emmanuel Acho because he is talking about things on a different level, but they think he is talking badly about their favorite football team.

As a white man, I have no frame of reference for the wording of this tweet being negative in the Black community. But, I have listened to Acho discuss his book, and many subjects outside of sports, on several shows that have nothing to do with sports, and he is very clearly extremely intelligent.

If he is saying that there is an issue with the wording of the tweet, that could negatively impact Black people, I believe him. Does it affect me negatively? No. But I don't need to attack him over something that I don't understand, and neither should any of you.

We all know that it was just a tweet about our defense, but between a Black man who just wants to point out how wording of tweets could impact Black people, and football fans crying because someone didn't like their football team's tweet, who is the snowflake? Hint: It's you.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Jewish Rabbi
12-29-2020, 04:18 AM
People are attacking Emmanuel Acho because he is talking about things on a different level, but they think he is talking badly about their favorite football team.

As a white man, I have no frame of reference for the wording of this tweet being negative in the Black community. But, I have listened to Acho discuss his book, and many subjects outside of sports, on several shows that have nothing to do with sports, and he is very clearly extremely intelligent.

If he is saying that there is an issue with the wording of the tweet, that could negatively impact Black people, I believe him. Does it affect me negatively? No. But I don't need to attack him over something that I don't understand, and neither should any of you.

We all know that it was just a tweet about our defense, but between a Black man who just wants to point out how wording of tweets could impact Black people, and football fans crying because someone didn't like their football team's tweet, who is the snowflake? Hint: It's you.

Shut the fuck up dumbass

Jerok
12-29-2020, 04:34 AM

You must be fun at parties.

ChiefsFanatic
12-29-2020, 04:43 AM
Shut the fuck up dumbassYou are super intelligent.

Why Not?
12-29-2020, 04:49 AM
If I was a cancel culture, woke, snowflake type, I think I’d go after the University of Miami. I mean hurricanes have done way more damage to the underprivileged minority community than landlords have.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2020, 06:02 AM

Acho took a swipe at a social media person (probably assuming he or she is white) for quoting a black man pretty much verbatim. For a nickname Mathieu has used for years without offending anybody. Not that that should even matter because seriously who ****ing cares? It's a nickname. It's not glorifying landlords, it's poking at how everybody hates paying rent. I'm all for plenty of social causes but reaching for reasons to get offended by harmless stuff like this hurts the cause, it doesn't help it. Most of the reactions on Twitter sound confused about what to be offended about.

stevieray
12-29-2020, 06:10 AM

We're doomed.

Boiled Chicken
12-29-2020, 06:12 AM

I like the way she sways

Spott
12-29-2020, 06:13 AM
Millennial gets offended by nothing on Twitter and uses it to draw attention to themselves. How shocking.

493rd
12-29-2020, 06:24 AM
Social media destroyed our society.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-29-2020, 06:24 AM
Acho just tries to overcompensate for being an absolute garbage player. "Low rent" Burleson

ForeverChiefs58
12-29-2020, 06:32 AM

Holy shit. STFU and STFD snowflake. You know what’s racist? Inserting race into everything!

bdj23
12-29-2020, 06:37 AM

Been saying this for years

KCUnited
12-29-2020, 06:46 AM
If the Chiefs defense nicknamed themselves Rent-A-Center Collections, Acho might have a point

Spott
12-29-2020, 06:48 AM

I acho these sentiments.

Couch-Potato
12-29-2020, 07:24 AM
lotta folk losing their homes about now, bad timing is all.

HC_Chief
12-29-2020, 07:33 AM
"People"
More like twitter twats. Fuck 'em.

ThaVirus
12-29-2020, 07:43 AM

This is a thoughtful post and I can appreciate openness to other ideas, but this is a massive reach by Acho.

If anything this is offensive to all of the people out there who are facing/will face eviction soon due to the pandemic.

GayFrogs
12-29-2020, 07:47 AM

You're why people hate liberals. "We should be careful about talking about landlords collecting rent because it might offend black people." THAT is racist.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-29-2020, 08:08 AM
never go full Emmo

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 08:13 AM
This is a thoughtful post and I can appreciate openness to other ideas, but this is a massive reach by Acho.

If anything this is offensive to all of the people out there who are facing/will face eviction soon due to the pandemic.

That’s actually the bulk of the argument.

Acho only says that it’s “negative’”. He never straight up says it’s racist or anything like that.

The 100’s of comments that follow mostly talk about it being insensitive to people being evicted because of the pandemic, not that it’s racist.

Even that is a reach, IMO but that’s what is being discussed.

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 08:14 AM
Acho took a swipe at a social media person (probably assuming he or she is white) for quoting a black man pretty much verbatim. For a nickname Mathieu has used for years without offending anybody. Not that that should even matter because seriously who ****ing cares? It's a nickname. It's not glorifying landlords, it's poking at how everybody hates paying rent. I'm all for plenty of social causes but reaching for reasons to get offended by harmless stuff like this hurts the cause, it doesn't help it. Most of the reactions on Twitter sound confused about what to be offended about.

Exactly.

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 08:14 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/6b1bb0fb4c730bc1304e264c2f6998b2/tenor.gif

Rasputin
12-29-2020, 08:15 AM
This topic of offense would be a lot funnier if there wasn't a football team that is literally called the "Washington Football Team."

And we're the Chiefs.

I still don't see how "Cowboys" isn't more offensive than Redskins I mean after all Cowboys stole the natives land and killed thousands and killed many buffalo but a prideful Redskin is offensive. Oh and Cowboys suck but they aren't as offensive as Raiders who rape and pillage and rape dogs and then Broncos are also offensive because they're fans fuck horses.

displacedinMN
12-29-2020, 08:17 AM
Too easily offended

Tonka83
12-29-2020, 08:19 AM
The PC term is Property Manager.

Example: Rent is due bitches and Property Manager Mathieu is coming to collect.

Translation: Landlord gonna pay a visit on Sunday.

Perineum Ripper
12-29-2020, 08:20 AM
https://i.gifer.com/S2ES.gif

Marcellus
12-29-2020, 08:20 AM

Good grief you are an idiot SJW and you seem intent on proving it daily.

KC_Lee
12-29-2020, 08:21 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/316/651/b22.jpg

Marcellus
12-29-2020, 08:21 AM
If the Chiefs defense nicknamed themselves Rent-A-Center Collections, Acho might have a point

Title Loan Repo Men coming for your Pontiac!

O.city
12-29-2020, 08:24 AM
So, Landlord is an offensive word? Because...reasons?

Jesus Christ people have way to much free time.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-29-2020, 08:24 AM
The number 32 symbolizes freedom and creative expression. It is also a number which symbolizes teamwork, relationships, sensuality, optimism, curiosity. Number 32 people are tolerant, adventurous and witty.

Marcellus
12-29-2020, 08:25 AM

Obviously its a white privilege flex, even though those dudes are all black.

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 08:26 AM

Apparently it’s insensitive to the hundreds of thousands that are soon to lose their homes due to COVID. That’s the bulk of the replies anyway.

Deberg_1990
12-29-2020, 08:27 AM
Mathieu should have just chosen Sorenson and Neimann to take the pic with him and everything would have been ok.

O.city
12-29-2020, 08:28 AM
Apparently it’s insensitive to the hundreds of thousands that are soon to lose their homes due to COVID. That’s the bulk of the replies anyway.

Ok?

This makes no sense to me. Landlords are....insensitive?

It's long past time we tell people who come up with stuff like this to just shove it up their ass and move on.

FAX
12-29-2020, 08:29 AM
The toilet is leaking.

Maybe the Landlord can do something about that?

FAX

TLO
12-29-2020, 08:29 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/449/412/c10.jpg

DaFace
12-29-2020, 08:40 AM
Well, that's a reach.

displacedinMN
12-29-2020, 08:41 AM

Yes, land lord is not PC. Just like master and slave on computers is being attacked.

Don't get people started on Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

Spott
12-29-2020, 08:42 AM

This must be a commercial for Hanes underwear.

louie aguiar
12-29-2020, 08:42 AM
Holy shit. STFU and STFD snowflake. You know what’s racist? Inserting race into everything!

Clearly only a black person knows what it’s like to have a landlord.

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 08:44 AM
We are offended because we are looking for ways to be offended, especially on Social Media. If people spent more time actually helping their fellow man vs virtue signaling and getting violently butt-hurt on social media, this would be a better world for everyone.

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2020, 08:44 AM
This must be a commercial for Hanes underwear.

Or a Mel Gibson post. I kid!!! I kid!!!

petegz28
12-29-2020, 08:49 AM
I guess I just ain't woke enough to get mad about this...

Jewish Rabbi
12-29-2020, 08:52 AM
You are super intelligent.

Thank you, maybe I can teach you how to be more smarter!!!

Bearcat
12-29-2020, 09:00 AM
I usually just shrug and ignore all of this kind of bullshit... so, a team name is offensive, I kind of get it.. whatever.

But, this is a new level of stupidity. :shake:

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 09:00 AM
This is as good a place to put this as any other since we have apparently offended people in need. My Fam has been involved with this locally for a while helping out when and where we can.

https://www.givingthebasics.org

displacedinMN
12-29-2020, 09:02 AM
trying to find my cartoon of

Good morning, I'm offended

Discuss Thrower
12-29-2020, 09:12 AM

A handful of high schoolers got disciplined in some manner for recreating that meme during spirit week or something.

Implication being that some teacher or admin recognized the meme.. which says more about them than it does the students..

Cheater5
12-29-2020, 09:17 AM

I think I would rather watch an ISIS beheading video than what happens next in this photo. Take that however you want.

PHOG
12-29-2020, 09:19 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/2fc40eea722bb5e7e6027e4db7f19c91/tenor.gif

Gary Cooper
12-29-2020, 09:23 AM
Whatever happened to Gary Cooper? The strong, silent type. Now that was an American.

TLO
12-29-2020, 09:24 AM
I think I would rather watch an ISIS beheading video than what happens next in this photo. Take that however you want.

LMAO

Chief Roundup
12-29-2020, 09:35 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/449/412/c10.jpgPiper Perri can pay them all the rent.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

tyecopeland
12-29-2020, 09:36 AM

I dont see it on their Twitter anymore but I also don't see an apology.

mdchiefsfan
12-29-2020, 09:38 AM
Why does EVERYTHING have to be analyzed through this lens?

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Life couldn’t give two shits about anyone’s feelings, but we have to perpetually walk on egg shells in the event someone may be experiencing difficulties in their life?

ThaVirus
12-29-2020, 09:50 AM
That’s actually the bulk of the argument.

Acho only says that it’s “negative’”. He never straight up says it’s racist or anything like that.

The 100’s of comments that follow mostly talk about it being insensitive to people being evicted because of the pandemic, not that it’s racist.

Even that is a reach, IMO but that’s what is being discussed.

Hmm, well now that you mention it, he really doesn't say much of anything. I'm not sure I trust Twitter users to know his intentions either, though.

I suppose I was making some assumptions that it was race related due to the "needing diverse opinions" and "perpetuating negative stereotypes" wordage..

wazu
12-29-2020, 09:55 AM
I dont see it on their Twitter anymore but I also don't see an apology.

Round the clock war room as they craft messaging for an apology tour.

Chris Meck
12-29-2020, 09:57 AM
I'm not sure which I find more irritating:

the original offended tweet

or the reactions of a bunch of you reacting to the offended tweet.

Pretty sure the latter.

tyecopeland
12-29-2020, 10:01 AM
I took it to mean that it portrayed them as the landlords thugs who would come beat you up for the rent.

Not that landlord was wrong or offensive but that jones and Clark are "thugs"

KChiefs1
12-29-2020, 10:07 AM
I still don't see how "Cowboys" isn't more offensive than Redskins I mean after all Cowboys stole the natives land and killed thousands and killed many buffalo but a prideful Redskin is offensive. Oh and Cowboys suck but they aren't as offensive as Raiders who rape and pillage and rape dogs and then Broncos are also offensive because they're fans **** horses.

Give them time. :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 10:09 AM
Bunch of downvoted progressive stuff

This exemplifies the argument that contemporary social liberals have more in common with racists than those not on the activist fringe.

This infantilizes, exotifies, and stereotypes 'blackNESS' [distinct from the objective observation of being black, suggesting some essential traits that accompany skin color] in the same way racists do, . . . only they insist they are doing it for good and 'empathetic' reasons.

If you are constantly vigilantly looking for offense, you will readily find it anywhere and everywhere. And if you ask people if they have any reason to be offended, a segment who are generally disgruntled will easily co-opt the suggestion.

But people are people, and skin color is either relevant or it isn't. And if you're going to stereotype and set apart some skin colors for what you feel are good reasons, you lose the moral authority to complain about other people stereotyping and setting apart people by skin color for their own formulation of a 'good reason'

'I don't understand people with black skin, but this one dude told me something and said he spoke for everyone with that skin color, so I guess he's right and everyone should defer to his perspective' isn't the virtuous perspective you think it is.

Tyrann WANTS the image of a landlord. Tyrann knows the image of muscular and angry dudes coming to collect rent due is intimidating and stress-inducing. That is the image he wants to convey. His ambitions on the playing field are not pleasant for his opponent.

Unless you want to just eliminate the entire concept of competitive sports because you think people are too downtrodden and emotional to handle so much as the concept of winners and losers and achievement and consequence anywhere in society, probably not a wise road to go down.

DJJasonp
12-29-2020, 10:15 AM
checked in today........nice to see words are still hurting people so deeply.

Carry on.......

TEX
12-29-2020, 10:19 AM
I still don't see how "Cowboys" isn't more offensive than Redskins I mean after all Cowboys stole the natives land and killed thousands and killed many buffalo but a prideful Redskin is offensive. Oh and Cowboys suck but they aren't as offensive as Raiders who rape and pillage and rape dogs and then Broncos are also offensive because they're fans **** horses.

Vikings?

BigRedChief
12-29-2020, 10:20 AM
You can’t have two universally recognized nicknames. Especially when the first one is as cool as the honey badger.

Fuck the landlord. I’ll keep the honey badger.

tyecopeland
12-29-2020, 10:22 AM
You can’t have two universally recognized nicknames. Especially when the first one is as cool as the honey badger.

Even when the man himself prefers the other?

BWillie
12-29-2020, 10:22 AM
There is a subset of mainly young people 18-25 who think paying rent should not even be allowed, and that being a "landlord" or a "property manager" is an immoral thing. There are groups of them that thing having a home is a human right and they HATE landlords. I had landlord up in my twitter profile for a while and they all found me and holy shit are they crazy. Everything should be free to these people. Life isn't fair. The earlier you realize this, the better your life will be.

Delano
12-29-2020, 10:48 AM

It was a good post and I’m not surprised at the response it garnered.

I don’t understand the nuances that go into Acho’s post and I’m aware enough to realize that. However, I do understand how the landlord being a property owner and the original tweet’s implication that the two black dudes are thuggish enforcers might be offensive. Was this the intention of the chiefs PR team? No! Does Acho have a point that a more diverse PR team would be more sensitive to this issue? You decide...

wazu
12-29-2020, 10:49 AM

This all day.

displacedinMN
12-29-2020, 10:52 AM
Why does EVERYTHING have to be analyzed through this lens?

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Life couldn’t give two shits about anyone’s feelings, but we have to perpetually walk on egg shells in the event someone may be experiencing difficulties in their life?Equity

Rain Man
12-29-2020, 10:54 AM
Even when the man himself prefers the other?

One of the rules of life is that people don't get to pick their own nickname. I'm not sure why it's a rule, but it's a rule.

displacedinMN
12-29-2020, 10:55 AM
This exemplifies the argument that contemporary social liberals have more in common with racists than those not on the activist fringe.

This infantilizes, exotifies, and stereotypes 'blackNESS' [distinct from the objective observation of being black, suggesting some essential traits that accompany skin color] in the same way racists do, . . . only they insist they are doing it for good and 'empathetic' reasons.

If you are constantly vigilantly looking for offense, you will readily find it anywhere and everywhere. And if you ask people if they have any reason to be offended, a segment who are generally disgruntled will easily co-opt the suggestion.

But people are people, and skin color is either relevant or it isn't. And if you're going to stereotype and set apart some skin colors for what you feel are good reasons, you lose the moral authority to complain about other people stereotyping and setting apart people by skin color for their own formulation of a 'good reason'

'I don't understand people with black skin, but this one dude told me something and said he spoke for everyone with that skin color, so I guess he's right and everyone should defer to his perspective' isn't the virtuous perspective you think it is.

Tyrann WANTS the image of a landlord. Tyrann knows the image of muscular and angry dudes coming to collect rent due is intimidating and stress-inducing. That is the image he wants to convey. His ambitions on the playing field are not pleasant for his opponent.

Unless you want to just eliminate the entire concept of competitive sports because you think people are too downtrodden and emotional to handle so much as the concept of winners and losers and achievement and consequence anywhere in society, probably not a wise road to go down.X infinity.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2020, 11:11 AM
It was a good post and I’m not surprised at the response it garnered.

I don’t understand the nuances that go into Acho’s post and I’m aware enough to realize that. However, I do understand how the landlord being a property owner and the original tweet’s implication that the two black dudes are thuggish enforcers might be offensive. Was this the intention of the chiefs PR team? No! Does Acho have a point that a more diverse PR team would be more sensitive to this issue? You decide...

And the OPs original implication that the true snowflakes are the fat Midwestern white dudes does hold a lot of merit.

If it was offensive then he should have taken offense long ago when Mathieu has been saying it for years. Look, I'm plenty sympathetic to housing issues. But acting offended over harmless nicknames is the kind of shit that makes people resent advocacy. Mathieu knows that. He's advocated for housing for low income new orleans residents for crying out loud. Just because Jack Tatum was nicknamed the assassin doesn't mean he advocated for killing people. The whole nickname is about how people resent paying rent just like people hate paying taxes. It's not celebrating landlords, if we want to get real literal about this. The exact opposite.

eDave
12-29-2020, 11:12 AM
I like boobs.

I want free stuff.

What a fucking retarded take.

https://media.tenor.com/images/2fc40eea722bb5e7e6027e4db7f19c91/tenor.gif

These

Delano
12-29-2020, 11:20 AM
If it was offensive then he should have taken offense long ago when Mathieu has been saying it for years. Look, I'm plenty sympathetic to housing issues. But acting offended over harmless nicknames is the kind of shit that makes people resent advocacy. Mathieu knows that. He's advocated for housing for low income new orleans residents for crying out loud. Just because Jack Tatum was nicknamed the assassin doesn't mean he advocated for killing people. The whole nickname is about how people resent paying rent just like people hate paying taxes. It's not celebrating landlords, if we want to get real literal about this. The exact opposite.

I don’t know if Acho really has a problem with the nickname or with Matthieu. It’s how the word was used in the tweet and how it was interpreted by people.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 11:23 AM

LMAO :facepalm:

Yea so thoughtful! It’s typical virtue signaling BS and zero original thought went into it.

You just like seeing white people get outstanding citizened.

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 11:24 AM
I don’t know if Acho really has a problem with the nickname or with Matthieu. It’s how the word was used in the tweet and how it was interpreted by people who were looking for a way to be offended.

fyp - only because it's true

Funkstown
12-29-2020, 11:25 AM
Man fuck the woke crowd and all their bullshit lies.

Discuss Thrower
12-29-2020, 11:30 AM

Yea so thoughtful! It’s typical virtue signaling BS and zero original thought went into it.

Did you just accuse ThaVirus of being a self-hating white person?

phisherman
12-29-2020, 11:34 AM
Just about everything can be offensive when context is removed.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 11:34 AM

Is he white or black today? I’ve lost track.

Boxer_Chief
12-29-2020, 11:35 AM

I would say the more offensive thing for people who have lost their jobs is seeing football players making millions playing a game on TV every week who haven't lost their jobs and pulling up in their nice vehicles and clothes. That would be more insensitive than a player calling themselves landlord. JFC this is ridiculous.

Titty Meat

Theres no way you dont have a long ass crack

eDave
Just about everything can be offensive when you want it to be.

I edited your post to reflect my thoughts on the matter.

Discuss Thrower
12-29-2020, 11:36 AM
Is he white or black today? I’ve lost track.

https://media.giphy.com/media/iKkUkjlcxCizu/giphy.gif

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 11:37 AM
I don’t know if Acho really has a problem with the nickname or with Matthieu. It’s how the word was used in the tweet and how it was interpreted by people.

Serious Q, do you feel that those offended or outraged [to the extent they actually exist outside the OP tweet dude's imaginarium] have any social obligation to the rest of us to be reasonable?

I ask because you've intoned [now edited] that some people, when offended or outraged, are just whiny titty babies. But you seem reluctant to assess the merits of this complaint.

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 11:39 AM
Serious Q, do you feel that those offended or outraged have any social obligation to the rest of us to be reasonable?

I ask because you've intoned [now edited] that some people, when offended or outraged, are just whiny titty babies. But you seem reluctant to assess the merits of this complaint.

I think it was stated that they were "Midwestern Overweight White Men".....or something close to that.

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 11:42 AM
I would say the more offensive thing for people who have lost their jobs is seeing football players making millions playing a game on TV every week who haven't lost their jobs and pulling up in their nice vehicles and clothes. That would be more insensitive than a player calling themselves landlord. JFC this is ridiculous.

Through all of this, they’ve been allowed to continue to play while receiving medical care the rest of us can’t really afford, or they were offered a six-figure sum to simply not show up. I could see why people would find that hard to understand, honestly.

It doesn’t bother me but then again, I don’t spend much time looking at other people and wishing I had what they have.

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2020, 11:43 AM

Thats the part that bothers me most. If you have a problem with how it's being used (which is still an overreaction) go after Mathieu. Not the social media manager who did nothing wrong but parrot stuff Mathieu says every week. I'd bet Mathieu was hyped to see the post until suddenly someone got offended by it. It's not hard to read between the lines why the double standard. Its a reaching attempt to be offended by something.

Easy 6
12-29-2020, 11:44 AM
I've heard Acho discussing his book on Dan Patrick and Cowherd, and while I think he actually means well... his idea of a "conversation" seems to be very one sided and slam full of SJW platitudes

ThaVirus
12-29-2020, 11:48 AM

It’s objectively thoughtful.

I know it’s weird for someone like you to comprehend seeing things from another perspective, but for some it’s genuine and typically helpful. IMO, the world would be a better place with more people with his mindset than those with yours. I’ve seen many of your arguments on this board and I don’t think there’s been many instances in which you’ve changed another person’s mind and I’m certain there’s been none in which you’ve changed yours.

I don’t care about all that extra shit. I’ve been both white and black every day of my life. When white people are out of line, I speak on that shit and I do the same for black people.

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 11:50 AM

I know it’s weird for someone like you to comprehend seeing things from another perspective, but for some it’s genuine and typically helpful. IMO, the world would be a better place with more people with his mindset than those with yours. I’ve seen many of your arguments on this board and I don’t think there’s been many instances in which you’ve changed another person’s mind and I’m certain there’s been none in which you’ve changed yours.

I don’t care about all that extra shit. I’ve been both white and black every day of my life. When white people are out of line, I speak on that shit and I do the same for black people.

What?

staylor26
12-29-2020, 11:54 AM

Lol ok.

Yea I’ve never changed my mind about anything! You know me SO well!

If something can be objectively considered racist or offensive, I tend to keep an open mind. Hence why I get the Redskins name change even if I don’t necessarily agree with giving into the demands of the mob. When somebody is clearly looking for something to be offended by and virtue signaling outstanding citizens try to justify it, I’ll let them know they’re ALL full of shit. Hence my refusal to give in with the Chiefs. See the difference?

I’m completely reasonable with this kind of shit, I just don’t bow down to the mob every time they find something to be offended by and start making demands. I also don’t believe in giving people like ChiefsFanatic what they desire when they’re blatantly virtue signaling. You’re more than welcome to give him some woke points at your 50% rate though!

Titty Meat
12-29-2020, 11:56 AM

Waut.... what?

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 12:04 PM

Are you asserting that there are no perspectives you consider, and then summarily reject anyway?

The issue isn't the right of people to be offended. It's about the right of offense to dictate discourse.

The things being cited as offensive in Tyrann's nickname and the resultant tweet is exactly what Tyrann wants it to be. He wants to express power, dominance, and ownership . . . supremacy. Most reasonable people can realize that it's an artificial persona limited to the field of play.

If those offended dictate discourse, there is no room for any sports messaging aside from 'I will endeavor to play my best.' Anything more pointed or competitive could traumatize someone somewhere in the audience. But such delicate sensibilities might not be the appropriate bellweather.

FAX
12-29-2020, 12:28 PM
If you seek it out ... you can find something offensive every minute of every day.

Living your life in Pussyland is, in itself, a bit depressing.

FAX

CasselGotPeedOn
12-29-2020, 12:29 PM
I think we need to take paraplegic people's feelings into consideration. They can't bend down like Tyrann is in that picture. Very, very inconsiderate. We need to do better.

displacedinMN
12-29-2020, 12:32 PM
People are not offended

Acho guy is offended. Then went on social media to get people on his side to be equally offended.

displacedinMN
12-29-2020, 12:33 PM
Then he posts this-

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Social media has crippled many’s ability to have healthy disagreement. <br><br>We no longer understand how to criticize someone’s opinion without criticizing the person. <br><br>Life and death are in the power of the tongue, so choose your words wisely.</p>&mdash; Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmmanuelAcho/status/1343950884217110533?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KCUnited
12-29-2020, 12:34 PM
I'm sure there's a lot of folks out there right now who can't justify the cost of a Showtime subscription

digger
12-29-2020, 12:37 PM

Fuck the landlord. I’ll keep the honey badger. That'll get your rent paid in full... ;)

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 12:38 PM
Then he posts this-

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Social media has crippled many’s ability to have healthy disagreement. <br><br>We no longer understand how to criticize someone’s opinion without criticizing the person. <br><br>Life and death are in the power of the tongue, so choose your words wisely.</p>&mdash; Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) <a href="https://twitter.com/EmmanuelAcho/status/1343950884217110533?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2020, 12:42 PM
People are not offended

Acho guy is offended. Then went on social media to get people on his side to be equally offended.

Sometimes we have to remember that a few hundred responses on Twitter is not the real world. Judging by the comments there were a few people who are offended by everything. But most of the people seemed confused about what to be offended about.

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 12:42 PM
Then he posts this-

That reads like someone didn’t get the validation they were seeking.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 12:45 PM
Then he posts this-

This is what happens when dumb athletes desperately want to be seen as intellectuals (Lebron James).

Not saying you can’t be both, but Acho clearly isn’t.

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 12:48 PM
That reads like someone didn’t get the validation they were seeking.

Exactly. He misfired and now he's trying to smooth his way around it by using the "don't hate the player's opinion" card. Priceless...

Pablo
12-29-2020, 12:48 PM
What?

Assuming he is bi-racial like Pat.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 12:49 PM
Sometimes we have to remember that a few hundred responses on Twitter is not the real world. Judging by the comments there were a few people who are offended by everything. But most of the people seemed confused about what to be offended about.

It doesn’t matter how few were actually offended.

Their voice/influence is clearly bigger than the actual number. Hence why the post was deleted. This is almost always the case when there’s outrage.

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 12:49 PM
Then he posts this-

Doesn't the very concept of 'healthy disagreement' presuppose that there actually are 'fine people on both sides' . . . .

Seems like his concept of healthy disagreement is 'my criticism is productive and innocuous, while your criticism is dangerous and cancerous.'

displacedinMN
12-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Doesn't the very concept of 'healthy disagreement' presuppose that there actually are 'fine people on both sides' . . . .

Seems like his concept of healthy disagreement is 'my criticism is productive and innocuous, while your criticism is dangerous and cancerous.'

That is the point the woke crowd wants.

My opinion is fine. Yours is offensive.

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 12:55 PM

Precisely

sedated
12-29-2020, 12:58 PM
One person says something stupid and people on social media have to flip their shit and turn into chicken littles about the fall of society.

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 12:58 PM
This is what happens when dumb athletes desperately want to be seen as intellectuals (Lebron James).

Not saying you can’t be both, but Acho clearly isn’t.

The problem, IMO, is that far too many people put their opinions out on SM as a replacement to analyzing something by utilizing their critical thinking skills and intellect. It's both lazy and dangerous.

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 01:00 PM
The problem, IMO, is that far too many people put their opinions out on SM as a replacement to analyzing something by utilizing their critical thinking skills and intellect. It's both lazy and dangerous.

It’s the intellectual equivalent of yelling “fire” in a crowded movie theater. Sometimes people get annoyed, sometimes people get trampled.

Easy 6
12-29-2020, 01:05 PM
'my criticism is productive and innocuous, while your criticism is dangerous and cancerous.'

The woke crowd in a nutshell

KCUnited
12-29-2020, 01:21 PM
Thank goodness Shawne Merriman isn't still playing, with all the people getting their utilities shut off and all

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2020, 01:27 PM
Trying to decide if I should be offended that most of you are offended because Acho is offended.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 01:30 PM
Trying to decide if I should be offended that most of you are offended because Acho is offended.

Fallacy.

This is a trick a lot of you use so you can try to seem reasonable, but still not upset the woke. Just a different version of a outstanding citizen.

Nobody here is “outraged”.

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 01:42 PM

It's not being offended that he's offended. It's being concerned that his offense will stifle people's liberty of expression.

More than happy to roll my eyes and move on, just hope others will follow suit.

It's the difference between letting everyone have and express their opinion, and wanting everyone to defer to your opinion.

BWillie
12-29-2020, 01:45 PM

Drop the mic, take a victory lap. Nice post.

Bearcat
12-29-2020, 01:49 PM
Then he posts this-

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="4951363" data-share-method="host" data-width="40%" data-aspect-ratio="1.7913669064748199"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/workout-gif-4951363">Workout GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/workout-gifs">Workout GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2020, 01:56 PM
It's not being offended that he's offended. It's being concerned that his offense will stifle people's liberty of expression.

More than happy to roll my eyes and move on, just hope others will follow suit.

It's the difference between letting everyone have and express their opinion, and wanting everyone to defer to your opinion.

Agree on the bold, which was the point of my post. Why are people so quick to jump on others when they express their feelings?

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Fallacy.

This is a trick a lot of you use so you can try to seem reasonable, but still not upset the woke. Just a different version of a outstanding citizen.

Nobody here is “outraged”.

Sure, no one here is outraged, there's just 125 posts complaining about "woke" culture. All the man did was express his feelings on another tweet.

I don't agree with his stance at all on this, but with that said, I'm not one to shit on someone else's feelings - mainly because I know how fucked up it is when people try to tell ME how I'm feeling, or what's right/wrong about MY feelings.

Guess I just don't understand why it's so hard for people to just (as BL said) roll their eyes if they don't agree and walk away. Especially when it doesn't affect you in the slightest. Talk about people finding things to get offended about...

FAX
12-29-2020, 02:07 PM
Some people roll their eyes and their eyes get stuck in the rolled position.

When that happens, even prescription glasses are ineffective.

Even worse, girls make fun of them, their dating life takes a major hit, and people start calling them names like Walleye which offends the Yellow Pickerel advocates.

It's a no-win scenario.

FAX

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 02:11 PM
Sure, no one here is outraged, there's just 125 posts complaining about "woke" culture. All the man did was express his feelings on another tweet.

I don't agree with his stance at all on this, but with that said, I'm not one to shit on someone else's feelings - mainly because I know how ****ed up it is when people try to tell ME how I'm feeling, or what's right/wrong about MY feelings.

Guess I just don't understand why it's so hard for people to just (as BL said) roll their eyes if they don't agree and walk away. Especially when it doesn't affect you in the slightest. Talk about people finding things to get offended about...

So.......discussion on a message board = outrage? Got it...

staylor26
12-29-2020, 02:18 PM
So.......discussion on a message board = outrage? Got it...

Exactly.

Is anybody here going to Acho’s Twitter and commenting angrily? Are we trying to cancel Acho or pressure him to delete his tweet and apologize? That’s what people who are legitimately outraged do.

Having an anonymous discussion on a message board about it is far from outrage.

The problem with people like OTWP is that they think anybody that dares to push back in the slightest is being a hypocrite.

It’s a fucking ridiculous stance. You’re scared to push back and call it what it is? Fine. But don’t try to pull the hypocrisy card on me for saying this is old and tired and these people are full of shit and looking for things to be outraged over and they’ll never stop.

Easy 6
12-29-2020, 02:19 PM

I don't agree with his stance at all on this, but with that said, I'm not one to shit on someone else's feelings - mainly because I know how fucked up it is when people try to tell ME how I'm feeling, or what's right/wrong about MY feelings.

This is just a minor example of what "wokeness" or cancel culture can do

If I'm not mistaken, the Chiefs took that tweet down because Acho and few twitter tards started making a stink

Minor examples like this just fuel and add strength to the next, more serious, cancel effort... 10 people get offended and all the sudden corporations, football teams and private citizens feel the need to cave in and cower lest it blow up into something that costs them money, or their jobs, or their safety etc etc etc

Acho is welcome to his opinion, but when his opinion starts the ball rolling on crap like this... its time to say enough is enough

FAX
12-29-2020, 02:25 PM
I, for one, am all about action ... as opposed to anonymous BB chat.

That is why I am starting a GoFundMe page for all the Walleyed people.

Please join me today in fighting strabismus in America.

FAX

Bearcat
12-29-2020, 02:28 PM

LMAO

I tend to agree with it from that angle... as far as people who complain about the people complaining and being offended, they do it a lot.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, 99% of the time I just roll my eyes and move on, but there are lines though.... I'm not going to tell an American Indian to not be offended by the Cleveland Indians or whatever, and I don't particularly care.

And I'm not one to go on and on about cancel culture and what not.... but, being offended by the word landlord is absurd.

Yeah, people take it too far saying "the world has changed"/"we're all too sensitive", etc..... but, there are also cases like this that screams over-sensitivity.

Granted, 'there are lines' to not just rolling my eyes includes 2 posts and a mental facepalm. :shrug:

Gravedigger
12-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Too bad Acho doesn't have a podcast titled "Uncomfortable conversations with a landlord" or he might not be treating a pooly timed tweet like it's the second coming of the devil.

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2020, 02:31 PM
LMAO

I tend to agree with it from that angle... as far as people who complain about the people complaining and being offended, they do it a lot.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, 99% of the time I just roll my eyes and move on, but there are lines though.... I'm not going to tell an American Indian to not be offended by the Cleveland Indians or whatever, and I don't particularly care.

And I'm not one to go on and on about cancel culture and what not.... but, being offended by the word landlord is absurd.

Yeah, people take it too far saying "the world has changed"/"we're all too sensitive", etc..... but, there are also cases like this that screams over-sensitivity.

Granted, 'there are lines' to not just rolling my eyes includes 2 posts and a mental facepalm. :shrug:

EXACTLY.

sedated
12-29-2020, 02:35 PM
Guess I just don't understand why it's so hard for people to just (as BL said) roll their eyes if they don't agree and walk away.

Because a single opinion is no longer a single opinion - it gets attributed to the nameless/faceless "them"...the boogeyman "other side" that is coming to take away things that you value.

Responses rarely refer to the individual that stated the opinion, they reference "woke" culture, or a certain political party, or some other group that can be seen as a danger because its a movement and not just some dude saying something online.

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2020, 02:36 PM
Because a single opinion is no longer a single opinion - it gets attributed to the nameless/faceless "them"...the boogeyman "other side" that is coming to take away things that you value.

Beat me to it.

A man expresses his feelings, and the immediate response is some combination of liberals, snowflakes, cancel culture, etc.

Beef Supreme
12-29-2020, 02:37 PM
Holy shit this country has sure churned out a bunch of delicate pussies lately.

Titty Meat
12-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Assuming he is bi-racial like Pat.

I'm bisexual like mike sam

staylor26
12-29-2020, 02:47 PM
Beat me to it.

A man expresses his feelings, and the immediate response is some combination of liberals, snowflakes, cancel culture, etc.

Emmanuel Acho is a full on race hustler. He has a book titled “Uncomfortable Conversations With A Black Man”.

This isn’t just “one man expressing his feelings one time”. This absolutely stems from woke ideology/culture and the fact that you don’t understand that goes to show how clueless or willfully ignorant you are.

All of these people think and act the same. They’re a cult just like the MAGA cult, but something tells me you will only acknowledge one of those cults when they’re doing their cult things.

Titty Meat
12-29-2020, 02:50 PM

I only posted it because it was about the Chiefs.

I'm not offended by it but I think its overwhelmingly stupid. I agree there are housing issues going on and will only get worse as the pandemic continues. If Athletes are really interested in helping solve such issues they should put forward solutions

All shit like this does is drive efforts into a ditch. Which unfortunately most athletes do because it's more about attention for them.

Easy 6
12-29-2020, 02:51 PM
Its simply become impossible to have a reasonable conversation about this kind of thing here... no one expressed any OUTRAGE!, but the usual suspects gotta chime in with their defensive attitudes anyway, ever desirous to show everyone how cool and open minded they are

Thats it for me in this thread, goodbye/Seinfeld I'm Out.gif

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2020, 02:52 PM
Emmanuel Acho is a full on race hustler. He has a book titled “Uncomfortable Conversations With A Black Man”.

This isn’t just “one man expressing his feelings one time”. This absolutely stems from woke ideology/culture and the fact that you don’t understand that goes to show how clueless or willfully ignorant you are.

All of these people think and act the same. They’re a cult just like the MAGA cult, but something tells me you will only acknowledge one of those cults when they’re doing their cult things.

How is this relevant here, other than you getting your ass whipped if you were to try to have said conversation?

Bearcat
12-29-2020, 02:52 PM
Beat me to it.

re: complaining about the Chiefs... people post legitimate concerns, and people complain about the complainers and tell them to StFU and so forth...
...and some post eye-roll-inducing petty complaints that don't really matter, and people complain about the complainers and tell them to StFU and so forth.....
...and then you enter a GDT and someone is saying the Chiefs need to get their heads out of their ass or they'll lose in the playoffs because Kelce just dropped a 3rd down pass in week 10 with 12 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

This situation of being offended by the word landlord is that last guy.

An opinion so absurd and as close to "wrong" as an opinion can be, it actually deserves a bit of complaining, even among all of the other complaining about complaining.

Yet, it gets lost in the noise of the complainers constantly complaining about every other instance out there, so we're both desensitized by the "cancel culture" itself AND those complaining about it.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 02:55 PM
Its simply become impossible to have a reasonable conversation about this kind of thing here... no one expressed any OUTRAGE!, but the usual suspects gotta chime in with their defensive attitudes anyway, ever desirous to show everyone how cool and open minded they are

Thats it for me in this thread, goodbye/Seinfeld I'm Out.gif

It’s because they think they’re better than everybody else.

“LOL I realize this it absolutely ridiculous, but I’m going to give you shit for pushing back and calling a spade a spade because I’m better than you and capable of just rolling my eyes and moving on”.

If this weren’t the norm nowadays, that’s exactly what everybody here would be doing. But it is and it’s reasonably acceptable for people to say enough is enough shut the fuck up already.

It’s not about allowing disagreement. These people want to force their ideology on all of us and call us racists or whatever else if we don’t fall in line.

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2020, 02:56 PM
re: complaining about the Chiefs... people post legitimate concerns, and people complain about the complainers and tell them to StFU and so forth...
...and some post eye-roll-inducing petty complaints that don't really matter, and people complain about the complainers and tell them to StFU and so forth.....
...and then you enter a GDT and someone is saying the Chiefs need to get their heads out of their ass or they'll lose in the playoffs because Kelce just dropped a 3rd down pass in week 10 with 12 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

This situation of being offended by the word landlord is that last guy.

An opinion so absurd and as close to "wrong" as an opinion can be, it actually deserves a bit of complaining, even among all of the other complaining about complaining.

Yet, it gets lost in the noise of the complainers constantly complaining about every other instance out there, so we're both desensitized by the "cancel culture" itself AND those complaining about it.

I'll be back in PHX the week of the 11th. Let's plan to meet up soon thereafter.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 02:58 PM
How is this relevant here, other than you getting your ass whipped if you were to try to have said conversation?

Because you’re claiming that this doesn’t all stem from the same woke ideology we’re talking about. My point is he’s made a career out of it and it’s a shtick.

You’re playing stupid (or you’re just clueless) like this is just an opinion of one guy and isn’t relevant to that. It absolutely is. He’s part of the woke cult and whether you want to deny that or not doesn’t change anything.

Titty Meat
12-29-2020, 02:59 PM
I'll be back in PHX the week of the 11th. Let's plan to meet up soon thereafter.

2nd poster today that's offered to fight you Bearcat

O.city
12-29-2020, 02:59 PM
It’s because they think they’re better than everybody else.

“LOL I realize this it absolutely ridiculous, but I’m going to give you shit for pushing back and calling a spade a spade because I’m better than you and capable of just rolling my eyes and moving on”.

If this weren’t the norm nowadays, that’s exactly what everybody here would be doing. But it is and it’s reasonably acceptable for people to say enough is enough shut the **** up already.

It’s not about allowing disagreement. These people want to force their ideology on all of us and call us racists or whatever else if we don’t fall in line.

Shut the fuck up already dumbass

Bearcat
12-29-2020, 03:04 PM

Sounds good. I'll either be planning a small get-together for a Chiefs game or finding one, especially for the AFCCG if you're still around then. I'd rather not sit on my ass at home for it this year (but, also not anything large given the whole worldwide pandemic thingy).

SuperBowl4
12-29-2020, 03:04 PM
I am very much offended. Emmanuel Acho is not wearing a mask in his avatar. By clicking this link i might have been exposed to a virus. Not cool bro.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Shut the fuck up already dumbass

Coming from the guy that said exactly what I’m saying about this?

Ok?

It's long past time we tell people who come up with stuff like this to just shove it up their ass and move on.

But instead of us collectively doing that people like OTWP want to one up everybody else and pull the hypocrisy card where it doesn’t fit.

Bearcat
12-29-2020, 03:06 PM
2nd poster today that's offered to fight you Bearcat

Oh wait... that's what... oh shit.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/l5IcVIyDUpfpwtw9Ik" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/bingiphy-binghamton-university-baxter-bearcat-l5IcVIyDUpfpwtw9Ik">via GIPHY</a></p>

O.city
12-29-2020, 03:07 PM
Coming from the guy that said exactly what I’m saying about this?

But instead of us collectively doing that people like OTWP want to “one up” everybody and pull the hypocrisy card where it doesn’t fit.

YOU SAID IT WAS OK FOR REASONABLE PEOPLE TO TELL PEOPLE TO SHUT THE FUCK UP, I WAS JUST TAKING YOUR ADVICE!

staylor26
12-29-2020, 03:08 PM
YOU SAID IT WAS OK FOR REASONABLE PEOPLE TO TELL PEOPLE TO SHUT THE FUCK UP, I WAS JUST TAKING YOUR ADVICE!

Oh so you’re trolling again.

O.city
12-29-2020, 03:10 PM
Oh so you’re trolling again.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/giL3fPLtHLf9qfImsN" width="480" height="315" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/survivorau-survivor-giL3fPLtHLf9qfImsN">via GIPHY</a></p>

But if I say no, will you in fact shut the fuck up?

staylor26
12-29-2020, 03:14 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/giL3fPLtHLf9qfImsN" width="480" height="315" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/survivorau-survivor-giL3fPLtHLf9qfImsN">via GIPHY</a></p>

But if I say no, will you in fact shut the fuck up?

Shove it up your ass and move on.

ChiTown
12-29-2020, 03:15 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/YWb3YoY8TolYuMpRc8/200.gif

O.city
12-29-2020, 03:16 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/lpmutx2vnRtA5hC5zg" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/tvland-tv-land-king-of-queens-kingofqueens-lpmutx2vnRtA5hC5zg">via GIPHY</a></p>

Marcellus
12-29-2020, 03:31 PM
One person says something stupid and people on social media have to flip their shit and turn into chicken littles about the fall of society.

Yea because its "one person" saying dumb shit on twitter. Acho is the only dipshit in existence.

:facepalm:

Marcellus
12-29-2020, 03:34 PM
Beat me to it.

Right! Because by no means should anyone give their opinion on his opinion on a message board that exist solely for the purpose to give opinions.

The nerve of people I swear.

O.city
12-29-2020, 03:37 PM
Yea because its "one person" saying dumb shit on twitter. Acho is the only dipshit in existence.

:facepalm:

It's still twitter though. It's not real life.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 03:40 PM

Yet it was enough to get the post deleted.

That’s the insanity of it all. Everybody eventually gives into this very vocal minority because they think it represents real life. You can say there’s not many of them, but you can’t say they don’t have the power/influence of many.

If teams and big corporations started giving into the very few actual white supremacists demands should we point at how few of them their actually are or be concerned that they actually have power/influence?

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2020, 03:50 PM
I only posted it because it was about the Chiefs.

I'm not offended by it but I think its overwhelmingly stupid. I agree there are housing issues going on and will only get worse as the pandemic continues. If Athletes are really interested in helping solve such issues they should put forward solutions

All shit like this does is drive efforts into a ditch. Which unfortunately most athletes do because it's more about attention for them.

This. Hes not wrong to care about this type of topic and I'm sure he has plenty of frame of reference to care and to understand what's going on. I don't resent him for it. In this case he tried to play the outrage card and didn't care that he threw somebody under the bus for it. So rather than raise awareness of the problem he's made people resent advocacy for the issue. That's the problem with cancel culture. Instead of talking about sharks who are gentrifying poor folks out of property, we're pointing a knife at an innocent social media manager who very obviously meant no harm. All so one guy can draw attention to himself for clicks.

Marcellus
12-29-2020, 03:50 PM

I get how much of a cesspool twitter is but if you think twitter doesn't effect real life you are mistaken.

Students kicked out of universities for tweets they made in HS or even junior high would disagree with you whole heartedly.

jallmon
12-29-2020, 03:54 PM
I like boobs.

I wish Dirk would weigh in on this one!

FAX
12-29-2020, 03:56 PM
It's one thing to support the Thought Police.

It's another to support the Thought Private Security Guard Volunteers.

FAX

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2020, 04:00 PM
Because you’re claiming that this doesn’t all stem from the same woke ideology we’re talking about. My point is he’s made a career out of it and it’s a shtick.

You’re playing stupid (or you’re just clueless) like this is just an opinion of one guy and isn’t relevant to that. It absolutely is. He’s part of the woke cult and whether you want to deny that or not doesn’t change anything.

He's well educated and has a long track record of community service including really impressive work his family has done for poor people in Nigeria. He is more than qualified to talk about the topic. He's not stupid and it isn't a shtick. In this case his outrage was misdirected.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 04:04 PM
He's well educated and has a long track record of community service including really impressive work his family has done for poor people in Nigeria. He is more than qualified to talk about the topic. He's not stupid and it isn't a shtick. In this case his outrage was misdirected.

Lol ok.

He sure proved it with that moronic tweet then his hypocritical response to criticism of it.

Pablo
12-29-2020, 04:06 PM
There is a subset of mainly young people 18-25 who think paying rent should not even be allowed, and that being a "landlord" or a "property manager" is an immoral thing. There are groups of them that thing having a home is a human right and they HATE landlords. I had landlord up in my twitter profile for a while and they all found me and holy shit are they crazy. Everything should be free to these people. Life isn't fair. The earlier you realize this, the better your life will be.

I can't remember how I came across it but I got into a twitter thread with these "landlords are scum" people and they genuinely believe it's an evil occupation. I was pretty floored by what I was reading and thought it might be satire at first, but nope. I know 2020 has been a shit year, but you gotta pay to play no matter the circumstances. They'll live with their parents until they're 40, so good job raising those things, now you get to keep them.

staylor26
12-29-2020, 04:08 PM
I can't remember how I came across it but I got into a twitter thread with these "landlords are scum" people and they genuinely believe it's an evil occupation. I was pretty floored by what I was reading and thought it might be satire at first, but nope. I know 2020 has been a shit year, but you gotta pay to play no matter the circumstances. They'll live with their parents until they're 40, so good job raising those things, now you get to keep them.

Those people are usually communists or “useful idiots”.

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 04:19 PM
I get how much of a cesspool twitter is but if you think twitter doesn't effect real life you are mistaken.

Students kicked out of universities for tweets they made in HS or even junior high would disagree with you whole heartedly.

Did you see that story, that poor girl. That passive-aggressive dude. I almost [almost] feel bad for the villain here, a biracial kid who decided his skin color was a license for petty revenge and control over people.

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 04:23 PM

Slightly TiC, but I blame Star Trek. . . . ;)

The more I witness it, the more I'm starting to think there are a sizeable continent that think we live in post-scarcity.

They think that things we need and desire are actually conjured by replicator machines where you just walk up and say 'Earl Grey, Hot' . . . . or 'free housing' . . . 'supermarket filled with ready-made food'

No one actually works to make these things.

Shit like this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is land by the Colorado, Kansas border from a plane. Pretty cool. I have no idea how/ why it looks like this <a href="https://t.co/QLi7T4ye9u">pic.twitter.com/QLi7T4ye9u</a></p>&mdash; Secular Talk (@KyleKulinski) <a href="https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/status/1190737140688326656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pablo
12-29-2020, 04:27 PM
I think they must be building some sorta real life minecraft block city down there or somethin'...

Marcellus
12-29-2020, 04:27 PM
Did you see that story, that poor girl. That passive-aggressive dude. I almost [almost] feel bad for the villain here, a biracial kid who decided his skin color was a license for petty revenge and control over people.

She was singing along to a song with the n-word in it. Where was the outrage with the artist and all the people using the word in music etc...like its an adjective?

Who in their 40's hasn't sang along to an NWA song in their youth?

KCUnited
12-29-2020, 04:28 PM
***grabs can of Twisted Tea***

FAX
12-29-2020, 04:29 PM
The "Chocolate Milk Comes From Brown Cows Crowd" presents a frightening future, indeed.

FAX

Pablo
12-29-2020, 04:30 PM
***grabs can of Twisted Tea***

I always got mine on me homie.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVn_ZEE4iXOoAScevXGv0ldC-LMYaylPqTuZCPVZcEPkKwby51Ohb0v-pbzTCWlhJNOU8g9jCay4aFUxw-6kGQisZjBXG5yQNRX3yG2zT--ehMmLtD9Hy68g&usqp=CAE

ThaVirus
12-29-2020, 04:37 PM

PB lol

KCUnited
12-29-2020, 04:40 PM
I always got mine on me homie.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVn_ZEE4iXOoAScevXGv0ldC-LMYaylPqTuZCPVZcEPkKwby51Ohb0v-pbzTCWlhJNOU8g9jCay4aFUxw-6kGQisZjBXG5yQNRX3yG2zT--ehMmLtD9Hy68g&usqp=CAE

https://i.imgur.com/zlv8xX9.gif

mr. tegu
12-29-2020, 04:44 PM
Ok?

Master bedroom is no longer “acceptable” which is just plain pathetic.

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 04:45 PM

Did your girl ever suggest Red Lobster and you replied 'I'm thinkin' Burger King?'

Marcellus
12-29-2020, 04:45 PM
PB lol

You have a point.

FAX
12-29-2020, 04:47 PM
Did your girl ever suggest Red Lobster and you replied 'I'm thinkin' Burger King?'

This may be a good time to mention that Red Lobster waitresses smell funny.

FAX

Buehler445
12-29-2020, 04:49 PM

The more I witness it, the more I'm starting to think there are a sizeable continent that think we live in post-scarcity.

They think that things we need and desire are actually conjured by replicator machines where you just walk up and say 'Earl Grey, Hot' . . . . or 'free housing' . . . 'supermarket filled with ready-made food'

Shit like this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is land by the Colorado, Kansas border from a plane. Pretty cool. I have no idea how/ why it looks like this <a href="https://t.co/QLi7T4ye9u">pic.twitter.com/QLi7T4ye9u</a></p>&mdash; Secular Talk (@KyleKulinski) <a href="https://twitter.com/KyleKulinski/status/1190737140688326656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I could have lived a long happy life without knowing this tweet existed.

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2020, 04:54 PM

FAX

Like, Cheddar Bay Biscuits funny, or needs to scrub the naughty bits funny?

Bearcat
12-29-2020, 04:59 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Those are what we call &quot;farms&quot;. This is where food comes from.</p>&mdash; Johnny Flyover (@john1gun) <a href="https://twitter.com/john1gun/status/1191250184979845120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KS Smitty
12-29-2020, 06:36 PM

Shit like this

I am much more offended by this tweet than anything else in this entire thread and IMHO so should the rest of yous.

bdj23
12-29-2020, 06:42 PM
I am much more offended by this tweet than anything else in this entire thread and IMHO so should the rest of yous.

I saw that thread in real time, the dipshit got absolutely roasted. But keep in mind, these are the people who will be communal farmers "post revolution" lmao

OrtonsPiercedTaint
12-29-2020, 06:43 PM
This is also why Kansas should be flown over

Baby Lee
12-29-2020, 07:08 PM
I saw that thread in real time, the dipshit got absolutely roasted. But keep in mind, these are the people who will be communal farmers "post revolution" lmao

Yeah, didn't comment on this when I first posted. But this isn't a rando.

It's not an AOC or Cuomo or Trump, but it's not your average CP poster either.

He's a political blogger with a youtube following. Somewhere on par with a Cenk Uygur, Dave Rubin, or Al Sharpton.

BigRedChief
12-29-2020, 07:26 PM
2nd poster today that's offered to fight you Bearcatwell that sucks. He made a post that should be eligible for post of the year recently about us not blowing teams out. He’s on a roll. :)

BigRedChief
12-29-2020, 07:28 PM

FAXold seafood or clam smell?

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 10:16 PM
old seafood or clam smell?

Drawn butter.

HonestChieffan
12-29-2020, 10:29 PM
Lol ok.

He sure proved it with that moronic tweet then his hypocritical response to criticism of it.

Dude is drumming up his stupid book sales..Uses Twitter to fire shit up.

He will have Oprah bagging on the Chiefs next

Sannyasi
12-29-2020, 10:38 PM
There are two groups of people, people who believe offense shouldn't exist in society and people who believe it's okay to be offended.

Group B can't even discuss what is or isn't offensive without Group A loudly interrupting the conversation to call everyone a pussy and say how everyone should suck it up.

If I was a social media manager for a team it would never occur to me to compare players to violent thugs coming to take your money. Whether I was making a post about a black or white player. It seems weird and innapropiate to compare the violence of the game to real world violence. Just giving my 2 cents.

htismaqe
12-29-2020, 10:47 PM
There are two groups of people, people who believe offense shouldn't exist in society and people who believe it's okay to be offended.

Group B can't even discuss what is or isn't offensive without Group A loudly interrupting the conversation to call everyone a pussy and say how everyone should suck it up.

If I was a social media manager for a team it would never occur to me to compare players to violent thugs coming to take your money. Whether I was making a post about a black or white player. It seems weird and innapropiate to compare the violence of the game to real world violence. Just giving my 2 cents.

Collecting rent is “violence”?

Best22
12-29-2020, 11:21 PM

I mean there’s a football team out there called the “Raiders”, i.e, violent thugs looking to take your money (or life...or girl).

But “The Landlord” is too much?

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2020, 07:41 AM

If I was a social media manager, id see that a black man who is very active with social causes has been proudly hyping a nickname he made for himself and blasting it constantly over social media. Id see how much Mathieu loved it, how much the fans love it, how it hypes up his teammates, and that nobody in the public seemed to mind it. And then I'd post the shit out of it. If you have a problem with the landlord thing take it up with tyrann Mathieu, not the poor social media manager who got thrown under the bus for what was probably a horrible double standard.

Marcellus
12-30-2020, 08:49 AM

Sounds like you are a racist because "violent thugs" never entered my thought process seeing that tweet.

Group A doesn't believe there should be no offense in the world, Group A thinks Group B cries wolf all the fucking time.

Marcellus
12-30-2020, 08:56 AM
I mean there’s a football team out there called the “Raiders”, i.e, violent thugs looking to take your money (or life...or girl).

But “The Landlord” is too much?

Great point.

What were Vikings known for again as well?

Wait what Buccaneers? Cant have them being glorified either, I mean we are talking about Pirates here. Wait isn't there a MLB team called the Pirates?

While we are at it The Texas Rangers glorify law enforcement which is a bad look these days.

And the GB Packers? Isn't that bit close to being a gay slur?

Then you have issues in the NBA with the Golden State Warriors, that's scary.

And I have a dog terrified of Thunder so maybe we need to visit that.

ptlyon
12-30-2020, 09:03 AM

Losing Superbowls

Bearcat
12-30-2020, 09:05 AM

Well, that part isn't wrong, really...

That guy wasn't discussing what is/isn't offensive though, he was telling the world "every possible implication of this tweet is utterly negative & perpetuates stereotypes. Let’s all be better". That's not a discussion.

And 'discuss what is/isn't offensive' makes it sound like people are determining if other people should be offended by something?

Has the guy asked people who have lost their place if they're offended by the tweet? Why is this guy the spokesperson for people who have lost their place of residence if those people haven't been part of the "discussion"?

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 09:57 AM
Sounds like you are a racist because "violent thugs" never entered my thought process seeing that tweet.

Group A doesn't believe there should be no offense in the world, Group A thinks Group B cries wolf all the fucking time.

I asked before and got no answer.

Collecting rent equals “violence”?

I didn’t see anything about “thugs” in the Tweet so maybe this here is the real racism.

wazu
12-30-2020, 09:58 AM

Group A is sick of Group B sucking all of the fun out of life at every turn. This social media post was intended to have some fun while branding key members of the Chiefs defense as intimidating people by way of Tyrann's "Landlord" schtick, which he uses often.

That said, I'm sure whomever in the Chiefs organization signed off on this post is regretting it today. Nobody wants to deal with this shit, no matter how silly it is.

Discuss Thrower
12-30-2020, 10:09 AM
Great point.

Wait what Buccaneers? Cant have them being glorified either, I mean we are talking about Pirates here. Wait isn't there a MLB team called the Pirates?

While we are at it The Texas Rangers glorify law enforcement which is a bad look these days.

And the GB Packers? Isn't that bit close to being a gay slur?

Then you have issues in the NBA with the Golden State Warriors, that's scary.

And I have a dog terrified of Thunder so maybe we need to visit that.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/08/15/texas-rangers-racist-violent-history/

Boxer_Chief
12-30-2020, 10:51 AM

I didn’t see anything about “thugs” in the Tweet so maybe this here is the real racism.

Technically we should stop saying home field advantage as well because that’s offensive to people who don’t have homes. Better hope the official chiefs account stops tweeting that or else they might be canceled.....
The line just keeps on moving.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2020, 10:53 AM

I'm guessing theres plenty of history. Harassment from neighbors, decades of unfair housing policy, contentious repos. I mean, it's good education if there is a perception problem. But this ain't the way to address that issue.

BWillie
12-30-2020, 11:00 AM
I'm offended that your offended that your offended that I'm not offended and we're both offended that were offended.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 11:26 AM
I'm guessing theres plenty of history. Harassment from neighbors, decades of unfair housing policy, contentious repos. I mean, it's good education if there is a perception problem. But this ain't the way to address that issue.

I’m sure if you overturned every rock in society you’d find instances of shitty PEOPLE of every race, religion, creed, profession, gender, and anything you wanna throw a dart at.

Some people are just shitty. The idea that landlords are somehow systemically racist is just laughable.

Discuss Thrower
12-30-2020, 11:49 AM
I’m sure if you overturned every rock in society you’d find instances of shitty PEOPLE of every race, religion, creed, profession, gender, and anything you wanna throw a dart at.

Some people are just shitty. The idea that landlords are somehow systemically racist is just laughable.

Landlords = Kulaks prior to January 1930.

Best22
12-30-2020, 11:53 AM

Maybe it has something to do with evictions? I don’t know, still not any worse than Raiders, Blue Devils, Buccaneers, Deamon Deacons etc

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 11:58 AM
Maybe it has something to do with evictions? I don’t know, still not any worse than Raiders, Blue Devils, Buccaneers, Deamon Deacons etc

Only people of certain races get evicted?

ptlyon
12-30-2020, 12:00 PM

The landlord was always after Mr. Robinson

KCUnited
Landlords are only a certain race

htismaqe
The landlord was always after Mr. Robinson

That skit is racist!

Bowser

We won't have equality in this country until they remake the Joe Pesci movie The Super with Kevin Hart as the lead character.

htismaqe
We won't have equality in this country until they remake the Joe Pesci movie The Super with Kevin Hart as the lead character.

ROFL

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2020, 12:01 PM

Oh yeah, wasn't claiming systemic racism. Which is why I've called Acho out for being wrong. I'm just pointing out potential reasons why certain communities may have different perceptions, accurate or not. If so, it's good education. But trying to make sensational claims for the clicks is not the way to do it. Reaching for reasons to be offended is counterproductive if anything.

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 12:02 PM
Oh yeah, wasn't claiming systemic racism. Which is why I've called Acho out for being wrong. I'm just pointing out potential reasons why certain communities may have different perceptions, accurate or not. If so, it's good education. Trying to make sensational claims for the clicks is not the way to do it.

I mean I know plenty of white people around here that hate landlords but it’s mostly because they don’t pay their rent. ;)

vonBobo
12-30-2020, 12:09 PM
Wow, 17 pages of snowflake butt hurt.

ptlyon
12-30-2020, 12:14 PM
Wow, 17 pages of snowflake butt hurt.

Increase your post count per page and experience MOAR butthurt

Bearcat
12-30-2020, 12:23 PM
"Lord" seems to be a bit much.

What about changing the word to like landviscount or landchieftain or landcashier.

KCUnited
12-30-2020, 12:32 PM
Landlord of the Rings come February

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2020, 12:59 PM
I mean I know plenty of white people around here that hate landlords but it’s mostly because they don’t pay their rent. ;)

Yeah, for sure. People of all colors.

Best22
12-30-2020, 01:06 PM

I mean a lot of people are struggling to pay rent these days

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-30-2020, 01:10 PM
Twitter trolls be like

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/904/894/f47.png

htismaqe
12-30-2020, 01:14 PM
I mean a lot of people are struggling to pay rent these days

Of course they are. It’s a HUMAN condition. You would think something like that would be a catalyst for unity. But alas such behavior seems to be above us as a society.