PDA

View Full Version : Football Alvin Kamara tests positive, likely to miss wild card playoff game

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2021, 03:24 PM
In ungood news... https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1345117344994095105?s=21

#Saints* star RB Alvin Kamara is awaiting results of another COVID-19 test as part of the normal process after an initial positive test, per source. If confirmed, Kamara would be out for Sunday’s game against the #Panthers -- and most likely a possible wild-card playoff game, too.

If they confirm the test, he’s out for the first round.

Also, Tampa just put Devin White and Shaq Barrett on the list so it could be the same for them.

Not great for the league or fans.

staylor26
01-01-2021, 03:26 PM
As long as it’s not us, I don’t give a fuck :shrug:

Sassy Squatch
01-01-2021, 03:27 PM
Spreading Christmas COVID throughout the NFL.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2021, 03:28 PM
As long as it’s not us, I don’t give a **** :shrug:

I get that but if it does become us... ****.

Also, I don’t want people discrediting the championship just because a few guys maybe go out with it. This is a bitch of a season and whoever comes out on top deserves tons of credit.

ThaVirus
01-01-2021, 03:35 PM
This concerns me more than any opponent we'll draw. Imagine if Mahomes tests positive during our postseason run...

I truly hope we consider some sort of bubble.

mnchiefsguy
01-01-2021, 03:41 PM
This is my greatest fear about the bye...players have time off, hoping none of them do anything stupid.

htismaqe
01-01-2021, 03:42 PM
Lock them down. No excuses.

siberian khatru
01-01-2021, 03:43 PM
We better bubble up, now

Sassy Squatch
01-01-2021, 03:44 PM
Devin White tested positive. Barrett is a close contact.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2021, 03:45 PM
Here’s where the bubble concerts me — what head space does that leave your players in? Not getting to see their family for maybe a full month when they’re used to it every day...

If Andy thinks it’s no big deal, maybe have the players vote on it, I’d do it.

Titty Meat
01-01-2021, 03:48 PM
NFL needs a playoff bubble this is stupid

htismaqe
01-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Here’s where the bubble concerts me — what head space does that leave your players in? Not getting to see their family for maybe a full month when they’re used to it every day...

They can handle it. They’re professionals.

ThaVirus
01-01-2021, 03:53 PM

Assuming we bubble up immediately after week 17, that'd give them about 5 weeks away from family if we make it all the way to the Super Bowl. Then they'll have the next 5-6 months off.

I'm not saying it'd be easy or anything, but..

Pablo
01-01-2021, 03:54 PM

Yep, if that's the move then they'll all be fine.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2021, 03:55 PM
No confirmed, Kamara is positive. Unlikely to play next week in the WC round.

Titty Meat
01-01-2021, 03:56 PM

Especially since college football players havent seen their families in months

Sassy Squatch
01-01-2021, 03:58 PM
It's impossible, right? 10 days would be Monday the 11th.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2021, 03:59 PM
Now there’s a picture floating around of Kamara with his arms around some women, strangers, on December 26th at some sort of public location: https://twitter.com/geraldlight5/status/1345126799404118016?s=21

Irresponsible..

htismaqe
01-01-2021, 04:01 PM
Now there’s a picture floating around of Kamara with his arms around some women, strangers, on December 26th at some sort of public location: https://twitter.com/geraldlight5/status/1345126799404118016?s=21

Irresponsible..

I really hope our guys are smarter than this.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2021, 04:01 PM
We've been super lucky to this point regarding COVID, just need to manage another 5 weeks.

Buehler445
01-01-2021, 04:02 PM

Irresponsible..

DUMB

htismaqe
We've been super lucky to this point regarding COVID, just need to manage another 5 weeks.

I’d like to think it’s more than luck. This is a smart, disciplined team.

OnTheWarpath15

Sadly, all it takes is one - then they bring it back to the facility.

htismaqe
01-01-2021, 04:03 PM

True. But they know what is on the line too.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2021, 04:04 PM

I think the protocols are stingy enough now that it’s very hard to spread it. *knocks on wood*

But just one player can wreck your season.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2021, 04:05 PM
I’d like to think it’s more than luck. This is a smart, disciplined team.

Oh, no doubt - but even then considering they aren't in a bubble, it's a miracle they haven't had even a small outbreak. Just a few players.

Sassy Squatch
01-01-2021, 04:05 PM
Welp, Kamara is going to be ripped to shreds.

OnTheWarpath15
01-01-2021, 04:06 PM
I think the protocols are stingy enough now that it’s very hard to spread it. *knocks on wood*

But just one player can wreck your season.

Hell, one player *from another team* could wreck your season.

Kiimo
01-01-2021, 04:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqrZsXqXUAIPKfU?format=jpg&name=large

How stupid can you be

The Franchise
01-01-2021, 04:12 PM
Fuck the Saints.

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2021, 04:20 PM
Fuck the Saints.

This. All day long...

Bwana
01-01-2021, 04:23 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/c033655e2e00c7eb02ace52bde9883e4/tenor.gif

KChiefs1
01-01-2021, 04:38 PM

And wives & girlfriends too.

I’ve pictured Brittney getting it while out & about and bringing it home to Patrick.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2021, 04:48 PM

I’ve pictured Brittney getting it while out & about and bringing it home to Patrick.

My assumption is she isn’t going virtually anywhere, especially being pregnant.

cdcox
01-01-2021, 04:56 PM
This concerns me more than any opponent we'll draw. Imagine if Mahomes tests positive during our postseason run...

Players can institute their own bubble. If a player or coach comes down without an existing outbreak on their team, it was probably preventable.

TambaBerry
01-01-2021, 04:57 PM

Worked well for the NBA

notorious
01-01-2021, 05:01 PM
Just keep it away from Andy.

If our players get it, it will suck, but they'll be fine. If Andy gets it.........

Deberg_1990
01-01-2021, 05:01 PM
Players can institute their own bubble. If a player or coach comes down without an existing outbreak on their team, it was probably preventable.

Humans are flawed and will eventually let their guard down.

The NBA had a very successful bubble. The NFL should have followed and definitely for the playoffs to have as clean and fair competition as possible.

Bump
01-01-2021, 05:03 PM
RIP, sad, so young and became successful.

comochiefsfan
01-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Bubble. Now.

Hayneplane
01-01-2021, 05:12 PM

Playing to be back to back champions should be all the incentive they need to accept the need to isolate themselves for a few weeks and then enjoy the spring with another ring in their collection.

Megatron96
01-01-2021, 05:14 PM
We don't even know for certain how Kamara got the stupid bug. There's no evidence that he caught it from the people he was with in the picture provided. No proof that the picture is even recent.

What we do know is that without Kamara, NOR is going to have a much tougher time winning their first playoff game.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-01-2021, 05:18 PM
Damn, I hope Darwin Thompson doesn't get it!

pugsnotdrugs19
01-01-2021, 05:18 PM
Apparently, if Kamara remains asymptomatic, he will be able to play next week

siberian khatru
01-01-2021, 05:20 PM
Worked well for the NBA

And the NHL. For TWO MONTHS.

htismaqe
01-01-2021, 05:20 PM
Playing to be back to back champions should be all the incentive they need to accept the need to isolate themselves for a few weeks and then enjoy the spring with another ring in their collection.

Exactly.

loochy
01-01-2021, 05:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqrZsXqXUAIPKfU?format=jpg&name=large

How stupid can you be

That girl in the white....WOW!

KCUnited
01-01-2021, 05:33 PM
Key players missing playoff games

Practice injury 1
Covid 1

DRM08
01-01-2021, 05:42 PM
Take sway those little short passes to Kamara and the Saints are going to have trouble. Brees’ arm is shot. They need a guy like Kamara in the dink & dunk game.

Megatron96
01-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Take sway those little short passes to Kamara and the Saints are going to have trouble. Brees’ arm is shot. They need a guy like Kamara in the dink & dunk game.

They still have Murray, I think, so he can take up some of the slack, but yeah, Kamara is a big part of the efficiency of that offense.

MIAdragon
01-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Pretty sure he tossed it around on us decently down field.

Mecca
01-01-2021, 05:56 PM
We don't even know for certain how Kamara got the stupid bug. There's no evidence that he caught it from the people he was with in the picture provided. No proof that the picture is even recent.

What we do know is that without Kamara, NOR is going to have a much tougher time winning their first playoff game.

Dwayne Haskins basically got ripped to shreds, fined and released for something similar...

RINGLEADER
01-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Bubble. Now.

I wish they’d keep Mahomes sealed up along with the rest of the team for the next 5 weeks...

Megatron96
01-01-2021, 06:02 PM
Dwayne Haskins basically got ripped to shreds, fined and released for something similar...

It's the NFL. Haskins was released because he's not a very good QB. The whole fiasco with the picture was just a timely excuse.

Bottom line, if you can play, the NFL will keep you around despite a minor judgement error here or there. Just reference Ray Rice vs. Kareem Hunt, or that dumbass that beat the crap out of his gf and then a few weeks after getting cut, he ended up with DAL. Some DE, iirc. Now he's doing MMA, I think. Whatever, he was a pos human being, but he could still get after the passer, so he stayed.

Haskins was a bust, so they found a reason to let him go. If he had led WAS to a playoff berth, he'd still be with WAS, no question.

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2021, 06:02 PM
The NFL should have followed and definitely for the playoffs to have as clean and fair competition as possible.

That is completely impossible, for many reasons

staylor26
01-01-2021, 06:10 PM

No, he got released because he’s terrible and unprofessional. That was just the cherry on top.

BigRedChief
01-01-2021, 06:14 PM
The Chiefs need to get into a bubble right now. Stay there for 5-6 weeks. Take the SB trophy back home after its done.

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2021, 06:33 PM

It sounds cheesy but I think we have the advantage of coaches, leaders, and being in a small city where there's a little less exposure. Knock on wood. Everyone can get stung but our chances are lower. I mean Andy wore a ridiculous face shield where Payton was constantly violating rules. And Patrick has a pregnant girl at home. I trust these guys have been great at preaching not to be "that guy" who ruins it for everyone.

sedated
01-01-2021, 07:26 PM
That is completely impossible, for many reasons

It would be difficult but seems doable. The schedule might end up a mess though.

NBA did it for how long, 3 or 4 months?

The good news about Kamara might be that others see it could keep a star player out of the playoffs, so maybe players will be even more careful that before.

KChiefs1
01-01-2021, 07:34 PM
That girl in the white....WOW!

Well worth the COVID.

BigRedChief
01-01-2021, 07:50 PM

I’ve pictured Brittney getting it while out & about and bringing it home to Patrick.what makes you think Brittany is going out? Looks to me like, from the social media feeds anyway, they are following the rules. She’s preggers so it’s an easier decision to do also.

chiefzilla1501
01-01-2021, 07:55 PM
what makes you think Brittany is going out? Looks to me like, from the social media feeds anyway, they are following the rules. She’s preggers so it’s an easier decision to do also.

It's not just an easier decision to not go out preggers. She's also probably extra careful about social distancing. Thought I heard a while back that mahomes and some of his teammates were being especially careful because of Brittany.

BigRedChief
01-01-2021, 08:17 PM
It's not just an easier decision to not go out preggers. She's also probably extra careful about social distancing. Thought I heard a while back that mahomes and some of his teammates were being especially careful because of Brittany.brittany gets the Covid, it will be worse for Mahomes. He’s going to be worried about his unborn child, his fiancé and he still would have to play. Not a lot of Covid data effects documented on preggers or the unborn kid.

tredadda
01-01-2021, 08:21 PM

Significant difference between talent level between the two. One is on a HoF trajectory, the other is a career backup at best.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2021, 08:22 PM
It would be difficult but seems doable. The schedule might end up a mess though.

NBA did it for how long, 3 or 4 months?

The good news about Kamara might be that others see it could keep a star player out of the playoffs, so maybe players will be even more careful that before.

It would difficult for sure. They NBA has what, 13 players per team? That’s obviously a lot more manageable than the large NFL rosters.

El caliente
01-01-2021, 08:33 PM
As a Saints fan we are hoping that (should we have to play in the 1st rd) that it’s a Sunday came. A Saturday game would all but eliminate Kamara from the 1st game. Not having him would seriously hurt our chances in a Wild Card game.

With that said, for all the Brees’ arm is shot talk, in his last two games Brees has completed more passes over 19+ yards in the last two weeks. His accuracy hasn’t been there, but that is partially due to rust. We would hurt not having Kamara, but Brees can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t (see chiefs vs Saints game when he was throwing to Cook and a bunch of practice squad guys). Unless we are facing the Chiefs or Packers an opening round game his experience should help a bit, and getting Mike Thomas back should help even more.

Sean has recently started talking up scat back Ty Montgomery. There is a chance he is given a good number of plays, but Lat is a solid rb and you can always put Taysom in the backfield.

All and all, Kamara was irresponsible, and he should sit. The Saints will have to get creative for sure, but with Brees and Thomas, our offense should keep clicking.

BigRedChief
01-01-2021, 08:34 PM
It would difficult for sure. They NBA has what, 13 players per team? That’s obviously a lot more manageable than the large NFL rosters.so it’s difficult, it’s doable. Miami, Tampa Bay, New Orleans have plenty of hotel rooms, experience putting on large complicated events. Plenty of facilities near by to practice.

tyecopeland
01-01-2021, 09:09 PM
Worked well for the NBA

And the NHL. For TWO MONTHS.

I dont know about the nhl but the NBA had quite a few players opt out of the bubble, some of it which was due to family reasons. And then quite a few players came out afterward and stated how difficult it was on them mentally and that it affected their play.

Halfcan
01-01-2021, 09:16 PM
I would not be sad if the cheating dirty Saints get bounced early.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-02-2021, 12:22 PM
The New Orleans Saints will face a running back dilemma on Sunday against the Panthers.

As a result of star Alvin Kamara's positive COVID-19 test, the Saints' fellow running backs will also miss Sunday's game due to close contact with Kamara that put the other backs at high risk, according to Fox Sports and ESPN reports.

Redbled
01-02-2021, 12:40 PM
As a Saints fan we are hoping that (should we have to play in the 1st rd) that it’s a Sunday came. A Saturday game would all but eliminate Kamara from the 1st game. Not having him would seriously hurt our chances in a Wild Card game.

With that said, for all the Brees’ arm is shot talk, in his last two games Brees has completed more passes over 19+ yards in the last two weeks. His accuracy hasn’t been there, but that is partially due to rust. We would hurt not having Kamara, but Brees can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t (see chiefs vs Saints game when he was throwing to Cook and a bunch of practice squad guys). Unless we are facing the Chiefs or Packers an opening round game his experience should help a bit, and getting Mike Thomas back should help even more.

Sean has recently started talking up scat back Ty Montgomery. There is a chance he is given a good number of plays, but Lat is a solid rb and you can always put Taysom in the backfield.

All and all, Kamara was irresponsible, and he should sit. The Saints will have to get creative for sure, but with Brees and Thomas, our offense should keep clicking.

Anyone know how the NFL determines Sat or Sun games? Think there’d be a pattern there and someone would have an educated guess. People will cry foul either way.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2021, 12:45 PM
Anyone know how the NFL determines Sat or Sun games? Think there’d be a pattern there and someone would have an educated guess. People will cry foul either way.

I think this year for WC weekend, one day will be all AFC and the other all NFC.

You could go NFC Sunday if they want to protect the Saints and Bucs here. But at the same time, nothing says there won’t be more issues for AFC teams next week too. But if the NFL has a chance to give teams their best possible competitive roster in the playoffs, I think they will go that route.

notorious
01-02-2021, 12:56 PM
So happy our team doesn't hinge on a RB.

Marcellus
01-02-2021, 01:02 PM
Good thing Mahomes best buddy is Dieter, we all know that dude ain't catching shit.

displacedinMN
01-02-2021, 01:09 PM
sounds like saints will be without a true RB this weekend. Thanks Kamara

staylor26
01-02-2021, 01:36 PM

That’s only if they play Saturday, right?

tk13
01-02-2021, 02:37 PM
The New Orleans Saints will face a running back dilemma on Sunday against the Panthers.

As a result of star Alvin Kamara's positive COVID-19 test, the Saints' fellow running backs will also miss Sunday's game due to close contact with Kamara that put the other backs at high risk, according to Fox Sports and ESPN reports.

This was always the worry with football compared to basketball. Football all the players play specific positions and meet with each other... so you don't need the whole team to get it, you just need one of your position groups to get it and then it becomes a real hassle.

El caliente
01-03-2021, 12:02 PM
We are going to see what Ty Montgomery and Tony Jones Jr have. Thank goodness Michael Thomas is coming back next week.

If we can’t beat a 6th of 7th seed without Kamara we really shouldn’t consider ourselves Super Bowl contenders.

scho63
01-03-2021, 01:36 PM
When you think about it, this is really fucked up.

A superstar is not taken out by an injury but by a strong influenza that spreads pretty easy.

How many pro athletes have died from the COVID?

tk13
01-03-2021, 01:50 PM
When you think about it, this is really ****ed up.

A superstar is not taken out by an injury but by a strong influenza that spreads pretty easy.

How many pro athletes have died from he COVID?

None, but guys have had complications. The guy who many thought would be Jacksonville's starting RB has literally missed the whole season and basically disappeared off the map. It's really weird how nobody talked about it. Myles Garrett is playing but he's still having breathing problems when he plays. He's been doing four breathing therapy treatments a day trying to help get through it.

There have definitely been guys having issues with heart inflammation, which is really why these guys all sit out. The NBA flat out orders guys with COVID not to work out. Physical exertion like that would only make it worse. Even then, look at that star basketball player at Florida who collapsed on the court. That was months after he had it. There's no way they're ever going to let athletes at this high level play through something that can potentially cause heart inflammation or damage if you over-exert yourself.

scho63
01-03-2021, 02:06 PM
None, but guys have had complications. The guy who many thought would be Jacksonville's starting RB has literally missed the whole season and basically disappeared off the map. It's really weird how nobody talked about it. Myles Garrett is playing but he's still having breathing problems when he plays. He's been doing four breathing therapy treatments a day trying to help get through it.

There have definitely been guys having issues with heart inflammation, which is really why these guys all sit out. The NBA flat out orders guys with COVID not to work out. Physical exertion like that would only make it worse. Even then, look at that star basketball player at Florida who collapsed on the court. That was months after he had it. There's no way they're ever going to let athletes at this high level play through something that can potentially cause heart inflammation or damage if you over-exert yourself.

COVID seems to be more focused on attacking existing weaknesses rather than just targeting a couple key areas. That's the one scary thing that differs from some of the prior 7-8 pandemics the last 8 years; H1N1, Zika, SARS, Swine Flu, Mad Cow, and the others I already forget.