PDA

View Full Version : Football **** ChiefsPlanet Playoff Pick-em - WILDCARD ROUND ****

wazu
01-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Wasn't a fan of the new playoff set-up, but I do have to admit I'm looking forward to having 6 playoff games this weekend. Let's see who really knows how it's all gonna go down.

Poll forthcoming.

Why Not?
01-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Bills
Bucs
Seahawks
Saints
Ravens
Steelers

I think often times people get sucked into overthinking combined with emotions and pick upsets. Sure, there may very well be an upset but I’m not sure how you would pick when that happens.

NFL so any given game but you’re probably better off picking chalk most of the time.

wazu
01-07-2021, 06:33 PM
Bills
Bucs
Seahawks
Saints
Ravens
Steelers

I think often times people get sucked into overthinking combined with emotions and pick upsets. Sure, there may very well be an upset but I’m not sure how you would pick when that happens.

NFL so any given game but you’re probably better off picking chalk most of the time.

I have the same. Could see the Browns pulling it off but with all of their chaos this week I don't think it's the way to bet. Fairly bullish that the Ravens will beat the Titans. They seem like a more well-rounded team. I don't see a Rivers-led Colts offense keeping pace with the Bills.

Megatron96
01-07-2021, 06:46 PM
BUF
LAR
TB
NOR
BAL
CLE

I think the Rams are going to upset SEA. That defense is really built to take advantage of Seattle's weaknesses, like poor OL play, lack of a run game, and limited options in the passing game. Problem for the Rams is scoring on offense. But SEA had a lot of trouble this season scoring on teams that just had good DLs, like NYG, so if the Rams can just get a couple of TDs out of their offense, it might be enough to steal that one. And SEA defense is trash. Don't let their recent 'improvement' fool you. They played 5-6 teams down the stretch that would have trouble scoring on my mom's church choir group.

i think BAL finally gets their revenge on a TEN team that has somehow managed to make their defense worse than it was last season. Now they have no pass rush at all and added a complete lack of ability to stop either the run or a passing attack. Only sheer stupidity will allow TEN to defeat BAL this time around.

CLE is my longshot. COVID is stripping them to the bone even as I write this, but as of right this second, they still have their entire offense intact. If that holds up, they'll have more than enough firepower to beat PIT. The question is just what will their defense do? Currently they're basically down to one star on defense for this game, Myles Garrett, and my feeling is that just won't be enough. Even if PIT's offense comes out as weak and inefficient as they have for the last two and a half months. Their bare bones defense plus their penchant for drawing loads of penalties will probably do them in.

But if they can find a way to play a really clean game flag-wise, CLE has a better than even chance of stealing this one. Big, big "if" though.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2021, 07:07 PM
I’m having a tough time picking damn near anybody with full confidence, outside of New Orleans.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2021, 07:36 PM
Colts
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Ravens
Saints
Steelers

TribalElder
01-07-2021, 07:39 PM
Colts
Seahags
Redskins
Titans
Saints
Steelers

mdchiefsfan
01-07-2021, 08:57 PM
BUF
SEA
WAS
BAL
NO
CLE

The Franchise
01-07-2021, 08:59 PM
Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Ravens
Saints
Browns

ChiTown
01-07-2021, 09:05 PM
I’m having a tough time picking damn near anybody with full confidence, outside of New Orleans.

Saints and Bucs are slam dunks, imo.

Bearcat
01-07-2021, 09:15 PM
Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Ravens
Saints
Browns

Bills, but wouldn't be shocked otherwise.
Seahawks, see above.
Bucs, and would laugh my ass off if they manage to lose.
Titans, but really have no idea.
Saints, see Bucs.
Steelers, but could be Bills/Texans awful, where all NFL fans will be the real losers.

Why Not?
01-07-2021, 09:21 PM
BUF
LAR
TB
NOR
BAL
CLE

I think the Rams are going to upset SEA. That defense is really built to take advantage of Seattle's weaknesses, like poor OL play, lack of a run game, and limited options in the passing game. Problem for the Rams is scoring on offense. But SEA had a lot of trouble this season scoring on teams that just had good DLs, like NYG, so if the Rams can just get a couple of TDs out of their offense, it might be enough to steal that one. And SEA defense is trash. Don't let their recent 'improvement' fool you. They played 5-6 teams down the stretch that would have trouble scoring on my mom's church choir group.

i think BAL finally gets their revenge on a TEN team that has somehow managed to make their defense worse than it was last season. Now they have no pass rush at all and added a complete lack of ability to stop either the run or a passing attack. Only sheer stupidity will allow TEN to defeat BAL this time around.

CLE is my longshot. COVID is stripping them to the bone even as I write this, but as of right this second, they still have their entire offense intact. If that holds up, they'll have more than enough firepower to beat PIT. The question is just what will their defense do? Currently they're basically down to one star on defense for this game, Myles Garrett, and my feeling is that just won't be enough. Even if PIT's offense comes out as weak and inefficient as they have for the last two and a half months. Their bare bones defense plus their penchant for drawing loads of penalties will probably do them in.

But if they can find a way to play a really clean game flag-wise, CLE has a better than even chance of stealing this one. Big, big "if" though.

Don’t forget that one of those teams that couldn’t score on your mom’s choir group was in fact....the Rams. I don’t disagree with your premise but how are the Rams gonna score those couple of TD’s? QB play is of ultimate importance in the playoffs. Give Wilson over Goff any day. And I’ll take a double of that order if Wofford is in.

Stryker
01-07-2021, 09:39 PM
BUF
SEA
TB
NO
BAL
PIT

My vote.

Megatron96
01-07-2021, 09:45 PM
Don’t forget that one of those teams that couldn’t score on your mom’s choir group was in fact....the Rams. I don’t disagree with your premise but how are the Rams gonna score those couple of TD’s? QB play is of ultimate importance in the playoffs. Give Wilson over Goff any day. And I’ll take a double of that order if Wofford is in.

That's the problem. The Ram's QB. Goff isn't great, but it's his offense, so he has to be better than Wofford, right?

So my feeling is that somehow the Rams have to get a short field situation at least twice. Going 75+ yds with Wofford at QB is probably not a thing. Even against the terrible SEA D. So somehow they have to win the battle of field position, and give the Rams' offense a couple short fields. Maybe they can do it with their ST, or maybe their defense has to make that happen. If they only have to sprinkle in 2 or 3 passes while they run the ball on that crappy SEA run defense, they could get a couple TDs that way. Then throttle SEA offense with Aaron Donald and crew.

Stryker
01-07-2021, 09:48 PM
BUF
LAR
TB
NO
BAL
PIT

My vote.

However would LOVE...

IND
LAR
WFT
NO
TEN
CLE

YayMike
01-07-2021, 10:07 PM
Buffalo
LAR
TB
NO
Tenn
PIT

My vote. .

Why Not?
01-07-2021, 10:22 PM
That's the problem. The Ram's QB. Goff isn't great, but it's his offense, so he has to be better than Wofford, right?

So my feeling is that somehow the Rams have to get a short field situation at least twice. Going 75+ yds with Wofford at QB is probably not a thing. Even against the terrible SEA D. So somehow they have to win the battle of field position, and give the Rams' offense a couple short fields. Maybe they can do it with their ST, or maybe their defense has to make that happen. If they only have to sprinkle in 2 or 3 passes while they run the ball on that crappy SEA run defense, they could get a couple TDs that way. Then throttle SEA offense with Aaron Donald and crew.

It's certainly possible. As a matter of fact, a Rams win would probably be the least upsetiest (not a word, but you get it) of any possible "upset". Not sure I would even count a Titans win as an "upset" although from a Vegas perspective, it would be. I just have no faith in Goff or most of the Rams offense. They just seem to do stupid shit all of the time. The last game against the Rams, Kupp was open whenever they went his way, so naturally they peppered him with like 15 targets....except not even close. He had easily the most winnable matchup and was ignored so wunderkid McVeigh could run a triple reverse, fake screen pitch back to the 4th TE. Hate that shit and the Rams do it all of the time. To be fair, Andy does it to, but you can do that shit when you're the defending SB champion HC.

Megatron96
01-07-2021, 10:37 PM
It's certainly possible. As a matter of fact, a Rams win would probably be the least upsetiest (not a word, but you get it) of any possible "upset". Not sure I would even count a Titans win as an "upset" although from a Vegas perspective, it would be. I just have no faith in Goff or most of the Rams offense. They just seem to do stupid shit all of the time. The last game against the Rams, Kupp was open whenever they went his way, so naturally they peppered him with like 15 targets....except not even close. He had easily the most winnable matchup and was ignored so wunderkid McVeigh could run a triple reverse, fake screen pitch back to the 4th TE. Hate that shit and the Rams do it all of the time. To be fair, Andy does it to, but you can do that shit when you're the defending SB champion HC.

I feel pretty much as you do about it. My problem with SEA is two-fold:

One, SEA's defense is really bad. You look at yardage totals per game, broken down between passing and running, and they're about equally bad defending either. They aren't good at anything really defensively, except getting sacks, because they send their Safeties on blitzes a lot.

Two, their OL is garbage. They won't be able to stop Aaron Donald physically, so they're going to have to try and scheme him out of the play. But that guy is a monster, and he's going to get his hands on Russell fairly often. Russell is going to spend most of his passing snaps either getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds, or running for his life. And they don't run block well either.

If the Rams actually had a QB that could play the position, this game wouldn't be close. The Rams would rip off SEA's legs and beat them to death with them on both sides of the ball.

The only reason SEA is favored is because Russell Wilson is Russell Wilson and he has DK Metcalf catching for him.

Why Not?
01-07-2021, 10:49 PM

One, SEA's defense is really bad. You look at yardage totals per game, broken down between passing and running, and they're about equally bad defending either. They aren't good at anything really defensively, except getting sacks, because they send their Safeties on blitzes a lot.

Two, their OL is garbage. They won't be able to stop Aaron Donald physically, so they're going to have to try and scheme him out of the play. But that guy is a monster, and he's going to get his hands on Russell fairly often. Russell is going to spend most of his passing snaps either getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds, or running for his life. And they don't run block well either.

If the Rams actually had a QB that could play the position, this game wouldn't be close. The Rams would rip off SEA's legs and beat them to death with them on both sides of the ball.

The only reason SEA is favored is because Russell Wilson is Russell Wilson and he has DK Metcalf catching for him.

Either way, it'll probably be a 17-13 shit fest.

Megatron96
01-07-2021, 10:55 PM
Either way, it'll probably be a 17-13 shit fest.

Agreed. It will definitely not be a good game to watch. Unless you need motivation to claw your eyes out with a spork.

Why Not?
01-07-2021, 10:57 PM
ROFLAgreed. It will definitely not be a good game to watch. Unless you need motivation to claw your eyes out with a spork.

TribalElder
01-07-2021, 10:59 PM
This weekend is going to be awesome

No actual investment since kc is on the bye week but we get 3 games each day holy shit

Redbled
01-07-2021, 11:06 PM
Poor Bears.

KChiefs1
01-07-2021, 11:52 PM
Buffalo Bills
Seattle Seahawks
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
New Orleans Saints
Cleveland Browns

Divisional:
Browns @ Chiefs
Titans @ Bills
Buccaneers @ Packers
Seahawks @ Saints

Championship:
Bills @ Chiefs
Saints @ Packers

Super Bowl LV:
Chiefs @ Packers

htismaqe
01-08-2021, 08:17 AM
As long as the Bills lose, everything else is gravy.

KC_Lee
01-08-2021, 08:19 AM
Bills
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Titans
Saints
Steelers

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2021, 08:21 AM

Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Ravens
Saints
Steelers

KChiefs1
01-08-2021, 08:26 AM
Bills
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Titans
Saints
Steelers

If the Browns lose anymore players, I might have to switch to the Steelers.

Renegade
01-08-2021, 08:27 AM
NFC
Bucs
Saints
Seahawks

AFC
Bills
Titans
Steelers

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2021, 08:29 AM
I was thinking about the NFC a little, and I don’t see any way a team other than GB or NO win the conference. Barring some crazy string of upsets starting this weekend.

Say the Bucs and Saints both win, which seem like the safest bets. That guarantees Tampa goes to play GB or NO next week. Are they winning that game? I doubt it. And even if they do, they have to win another road game against likely NO or GB the following week.

If Seattle wins, they’re probably headed to NO next week and I don’t see them winning that matchup. Again, even if they do, then they probably go to GB for the NFCCG. Cant see them winning all those, especially given the way their offense has been playing.

Moral of the story, I see home field mattering a lot more in the NFC because GB weather and the Saints in their dome.

TEX
01-08-2021, 09:52 AM
My Predicted Winners

Bills
Steelers
Ravens (This one's a toss up)
Saints
Seahawks
Bucs

TEX
01-08-2021, 09:53 AM
As long as the Bills lose, everything else is gravy.

Agreed. But I think they roll the Colts.

TEX
01-08-2021, 10:00 AM

Agree with most of it. However, Seattle's defense is #1 in scoring defense over the past 8 weeks. They're greatly improved. Granted the competition wasn't all that that great over that time, and this week the Rams offense, without a real QB, may not be either.

notorious
01-08-2021, 10:03 AM
Went chalk except for Tampa-Wash.

Smith will always Smith in the playoffs.

ChiefBlueCFC
01-08-2021, 10:07 AM
I could see the Colts knocking the Bills off; Colts defense is pretty good.

However, I went with Bills, Seahawks, Bucs, Saints, Steelers and Ravens

htismaqe
01-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Agreed. But I think they roll the Colts.

They probably will but man if they don't. ROFL

notorious
01-08-2021, 10:10 AM
They probably will but man if they don't. ROFL

Tables and buttholes will be punished across west New York State.

htismaqe
01-08-2021, 10:11 AM
Tables and buttholes will be punished across west New York State.

ROFL

htismaqe
01-08-2021, 10:12 AM
The Bills did finish 13-3. There's always hope.

DJJasonp
01-08-2021, 10:42 AM
there's no way the NFL allows Brady to lose in the wildcard weekend.

maybe Washington covers, but there's no way they dont carry on the Brady storyline to another weekend.

wazu
01-08-2021, 10:48 AM
there's no way the NFL allows Brady to lose in the wildcard weekend.

maybe Washington covers, but there's no way they dont carry on the Brady storyline to another weekend.

The Bucs will win because they are a far superior team. They don't need NFL meddling. It would be a thing of pure, unspoiled beauty if WTF somehow pulled it off, though.

DTVietnam
01-08-2021, 10:53 AM
I really think the Bills are going to lose..

I think the Ravens are going to win big

and I think Pitt Browns will be close. .

those are the only games i feel strongly about

Mama Hip Rockets
01-08-2021, 11:58 AM
Bills over Colts
Seahawks over Rams
Bucs over Washington
Titans over Ravens
Saints over Bears
Browns over Steelers

Nickhead
01-08-2021, 12:13 PM
I really think the Bills are going to lose..

I think the Ravens are going to win big

and I think Pitt Browns will be close. .

those are the only games i feel strongly about

i was picking the bills to win, but if what they are saying now, that diggs could possibly miss the game, all bets are off at that point :thumb:

smithandrew051
01-08-2021, 12:16 PM
Boring picks on my part:

Bills
Ravens
Steelers
Seahawks
Buccaneers
Saints

Dunerdr
01-08-2021, 12:18 PM
Colts are my only expected possible upset. I'd like to see the bears upset the saints for some reason lol.

notorious
01-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Colts are my only expected possible upset. I'd like to see the bears upset the saints for some reason lol.

Who wouldn't?

Saints went from me cheering for them to "****ing die" in one game.

htismaqe
01-08-2021, 12:51 PM
Who wouldn't?

Saints went from me cheering for them to "****ing die" in one game.

Yep. Scumbags. Dirty cheap shot artists.

Bill Brasky
01-08-2021, 01:06 PM
The Ravens vs Titans is the only interesting match up IMO. Henry is gonna eat, but I think the Ravens win this one.

Bucs and Ravens are my two "upsets".

Quick question: 5) Bucs vs 4)WFT, but Bucs favored by 7.5pts. Is that really an upset?

mililo4cpa
01-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Bills over Colts.....think this will be very close, would like to see Colts win just to shut up Buffalo guy here....
Seahawks over Rams.....
Bucs over WFT....
Titans over Ravens....
Saints over Bears...
Steelers over Browns....

Megatron96
01-08-2021, 01:18 PM
The Ravens vs Titans is the only interesting match up IMO. Henry is gonna eat, but I think the Ravens win this one.

Bucs and Ravens are my two "upsets".

Quick question: 5) Bucs vs 4)WFT, but Bucs favored by 7.5pts. Is that really an upset?

I think, or I guess really, it's because WTF is playing at home. So they get 3 points according to the books. Even though HFA doesn't really exist this season. But if they were playing in TB, the spread, if I'm right, would be 10.5 in favor of TB.

Though Brady might have issues with the weather in WAS, especially early in the game.

Megatron96
01-08-2021, 01:27 PM
Christ. CLE is getting royally screwed with this COVID protocol. 7 players/5 coaches, including the HC will not be able to participate in the game, as of now. Though they expect that Denzel Ward and another defensive player will probably be able to play. just activated S Sendejo.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2021, 01:28 PM
I didn’t realize that Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams were both out in the first Titans/Ravens game. Those are two really good run defenders they are adding.

Megatron96
01-08-2021, 01:30 PM
I didn’t realize that Calais Campbell and Brandon Williams were both out in the first Titans/Ravens game. Those are two really good run defenders they are adding.

ouch. That's going to hurt. Especially Calais.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2021, 03:50 PM
ouch. That's going to hurt. Especially Calais.

Hurt the Titans you mean?

Megatron96
01-08-2021, 03:54 PM
Hurt the Titans you mean?

Sorry, I misread your first post on this. I read it as Calais & Brandon weren't going to be playing. Not that they weren't playing in their previous meeting.

My bad.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2021, 03:57 PM
Sorry, I misread your first post on this. I read it as Calais & Brandon weren't going to be playing. Not that they weren't playing in their previous meeting.

My bad.

Ha you’re good, just wanted to make sure on that.

Yeah everything is kinda leaning in the Ravens favor it feels like... so long as they don’t start out really slow.

Megatron96
01-08-2021, 04:09 PM
Ha you’re good, just wanted to make sure on that.

Yeah everything is kinda leaning in the Ravens favor it feels like... so long as they don’t start out really slow.

As long as they don't panic, is my thought. Last year when they met in the playoffs, I saw what looked to me like Roman completely shitting his pants and go completely away from his run game before the first half even ended. Maybe that's not exactly how it went down, I feel like I remember it that way.

If they just stick with their strengths, and defend Henry better obviously, I think they should beat TEN pretty easily, considering just how bad the Titans defense is stopping, well, anything.

Coochie liquor
01-08-2021, 04:22 PM
Colts
Hawks
Ravens
Bears
Stoolers
Bucs

KChiefs1
01-09-2021, 10:13 AM
Colts
Hawks
Ravens
Bears
Stoolers
Bucs

Interesting divisional round.... :hmm:

Colts @ Chiefs
Ravens @ Steelers
Bears @ Packers
Buccaneers @ Seahawks

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-09-2021, 03:55 PM
Regis Philbin just set up halfway out of the grave to say, "THE BILLS ARE UNSTOPPABLE!"

wazu
01-09-2021, 07:37 PM
Rams beating Seahawks really narrowed the field here.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-10-2021, 02:57 PM
Good news Bears, 0-4. I did not pick you

DaFace
01-10-2021, 03:21 PM
I'm 1-3 so far. This is why I don't gamble.

The Franchise
01-10-2021, 03:24 PM
I'm 1-3 so far. This is why I don't gamble.

I’m 3-1. If I had put money on it....I’d be 1-3.

TEX
01-10-2021, 03:46 PM
I’m 3-1. If I had put money on it....I’d be 1-3.

Im 3 - 1 also. Did not thinks the Rams would win with their QB situation..

The Franchise
01-10-2021, 08:48 PM
Bills
Seahawks
Bucs
Ravens
Saints
Browns

Fucking Seahawks.

KChiefs1
01-10-2021, 09:12 PM
Buffalo Bills - check
Seattle Seahawks - miss
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - check
Tennessee Titans - miss
New Orleans Saints - check
Cleveland Browns - check

Divisional:
Browns @ Chiefs
Ravens @ Bills
Rams @ Packers
Buccaneers @ Saints

Championship:
Bills @ Chiefs
Saints @ Packers

Super Bowl LV:
Chiefs @ Packers

Road teams are going 4-2 in the wildcard round.

Stryker
01-10-2021, 09:17 PM
Got all correct except Browns/Steelers. Did not see that coming!

Just as well, bring on the Browns and let Ravens and Bills beat up on each other like Titans/Ravens last year.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-10-2021, 10:48 PM
I broke even 3 -3. *sigh*

The Franchise
01-10-2021, 10:49 PM
5-1. I’ll take that.

Rain Man
01-10-2021, 10:54 PM
I got one right!

Renegade
01-10-2021, 10:57 PM
Road teams are going 4-2 in the wildcard round.

Who would have thought that both 3’s and both 4’s would have lost. Only the 2 seeds held serve