PDA

View Full Version : Football Lamar Jackson’s MVP was a fraud.

penguinz
01-10-2021, 12:49 PM
We deserve a recount!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-10-2021, 12:50 PM
retro fad

Pablo
01-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Although it was nice to see a position besides QB win it for one year, yup.

New World Order
01-10-2021, 12:51 PM
To be fair that's probably the most dynamic season a WR has ever had.

RedinTexas
01-10-2021, 12:56 PM
It's weird to watch an offense run the wildcat on every single down.

In58men
01-10-2021, 12:58 PM
He was NFLs #1 player.

Don’t forget.

Deberg_1990
01-10-2021, 12:59 PM
All he does is win regular season games! Marty would have loved him.

Demonpenz
01-10-2021, 01:05 PM
sweet thread

cabletech94
01-10-2021, 01:11 PM
And he just rushed for a 50 yard TD!!

WHY DONT YOU CROWN HIS ASS?!?!?!?

KC_Connection
01-10-2021, 01:22 PM
That was obvious when it happened. He can’t actually throw a football with any accuracy.

Sorry
01-10-2021, 01:23 PM
He had an mvp level year

Marcellus
01-10-2021, 01:25 PM
Still feeling that way?

penguinz
01-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Still feeling that way?

Yes, an MVP does not crumble in every big time game he plays in. Lamar has.

DaFace
01-10-2021, 01:26 PM
Still feeling that way?He's got a QB rating of 47.2 right now. So yes. If we're giving the award to a RB, give it to Henry.

Marcellus
01-10-2021, 01:28 PM
Yes, an MVP does not crumble in every big time game he plays in. Lamar has.

The only reason the score is tied is because of Lamar making a play. Baltimore is a 3.5pt favorite on the road in the playoffs for one reason. Lamar.

ThaVirus
01-10-2021, 01:29 PM
There's are other ways to say Lamar Jackson isn't a great QB.

He earned that MVP in 2019.

Marcellus
01-10-2021, 01:29 PM
He's got a QB rating of 47.2 right now. So yes. If we're giving the award to a RB, give it to Henry.

Lamar was the clear cut MVP last year, to claim anything otherwise is being disingenuous at best. Very much like Rodgers is the clear cut MVP this season.

Marcellus
01-10-2021, 01:31 PM
There's are other ways to say Lamar Jackson isn't a great QB.

He earned that MVP in 2019.

Yup, I dont get the hate. I don't think the is a great QB just like Vick wasn't a great QB, but he is a great electrifying player and is fun to watch like Vick was. :shrug:

He is a great player playing QB, not a great QB.

KChiefs1
01-10-2021, 01:31 PM
We deserve a recount!

He deserved it last season.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2021, 01:38 PM
Yup, I dont get the hate. I don't think the is a great QB just like Vick wasn't a great QB, but he is a great electrifying player and is fun to watch like Vick was. :shrug:

For sure. I just can't stand the hype train and lord knows what it will look like if he wins a playoff game.

tredadda
01-10-2021, 01:40 PM
I like Jackson and believe he deserved the MVP last year. In spite of that he is nowhere even close to the QB Mahomes is.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2021, 01:42 PM
Neither tannehill or lamar are very good when there's an urgency to catch up on points. Which is why the game may be slipping away from the Titans right now.

RealSNR
01-10-2021, 01:45 PM
If he doesn't pull this shit off against the Titans, Marcellus has some splainin' to do.

Can't keep blaming Greg Roman forever, especially when he's probably the only reason why Lamar was put in a position to succeed last year in that weirdo run-first offense.

Bag of tricks is getting stale? There's only so much you can do when your QB is so bad at throwing outside the numbers.

R Clark
01-10-2021, 01:49 PM
Lamar was the clear cut MVP last year, to claim anything otherwise is being disingenuous at best. Very much like Rodgers is the clear cut MVP this season.

Bullshit

Marcellus
01-10-2021, 01:50 PM
Bullshit

Lay off the crack pipe.

Deberg_1990
01-10-2021, 01:51 PM
Bullshit

Why do you care so much? The NFL likes to spread the award around.
Give me a championship over an MVP anytime.

YayMike
01-10-2021, 01:51 PM
Dont care that he can't throw, his speed is unreal in the open field. Much rather face the Tits next week.... so rooting hard here...

Marcellus
01-10-2021, 01:52 PM
If he doesn't pull this shit off against the Titans, Marcellus has some splainin' to do.

Can't keep blaming Greg Roman forever, especially when he's probably the only reason why Lamar was put in a position to succeed last year in that weirdo run-first offense.

Bag of tricks is getting stale? There's only so much you can do when your QB is so bad at throwing outside the numbers.

No I dont, Lamar was the clear cut MVP last season and is the reason the Ravens are favored today. I dont have to explain shit regardless of todays outcome :shrug:

Marcellus
01-10-2021, 01:53 PM
Why do you care so much? The NFL likes to spread the award around.
Give me a championship over an MVP anytime.

People get MVP confused with best player in the NFL. Rodgers has put up better numbers, its inarguable, doesn't make him the best player.

Give Mahomes Rodgers OL and who knows what he does. 60 TDs maybe?

Deberg_1990
01-10-2021, 01:55 PM
People get MVP confused with best player in the NFL. Rodgers has put up better numbers, its inarguable, doesn't make him the best player.

Give Mahomes Rodgers OL and who knows what he does. 60 TDs maybe?

I just don’t care. They are all good. It’s highly subjective. Take away any of these QBs and their team stands no chance.

Marcellus
01-10-2021, 02:00 PM
I just don’t care. They are all good. It’s highly subjective. Take away any of these QBs and their team stands no chance.

https://media.giphy.com/media/dCKatZc2IX1B2BykA8/giphy.gif

rabblerouser
01-10-2021, 02:03 PM

Patrick Mahomes II makes any team an instant SB contender.

R Clark
01-10-2021, 02:10 PM
Patrick Mahomes II makes any team an instant SB contender.

Yep but Lamar damn sure don’t so who is a true mvp?

PAChiefsGuy
01-10-2021, 02:54 PM
Lol at all Lamar haters in here. God forbid a QB has an unconventional style and that QB wins MVP.

He's a good QB. Let it go. You guys are making yourselves look like idiots

Hammock Parties
01-10-2021, 02:55 PM
Can't even throw a TD pass in a playoff game.

Loser.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Yes it was

Pasta Little Brioni
Lol at all Lamar haters in here. God forbid a QB has an unconventional style and that QB wins MVP.

He cant fucking pass the ball. Fuck off

Marcellus
Can't even throw a TD pass in a playoff game.

Loser.

He ran for 95 yards more than Derrick Henry who was in the MVP talk this year. LMAO

R Clark
01-10-2021, 02:58 PM

If you think that’s what a good qb looks like your the idiot

Pasta Little Brioni
01-10-2021, 02:59 PM
If you think that’s what a good qb looks like your the idiot

He's the Alex nut nibbler too

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-10-2021, 03:01 PM
Come from behind playoff win like Patrick Mahomes II!!!

Best22
01-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Ugly passing stats, but he ran the ball well and made the plays that needed to be made to win.

BWillie
01-10-2021, 03:15 PM
Lamar if he plays as a running QB is very effective. He got in his own head when he thought he could be a real QB like Mahomes and Rodgers. He's not. He's going to be a great, great effective run-pass QB until he's 28 or 29. And Baltimore is dangerous when he plays this way knowing who he is.

SupDock
01-10-2021, 03:16 PM
Come from behind playoff win like Patrick Mahomes II!!!

He was down by double digits!!!!

LMAO

jettio
01-10-2021, 03:18 PM
People should not be allowed to start threads criticizing Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson unless they provide proof that they have a least 3 black friends that follow the NFL.

PAChiefsGuy
01-10-2021, 03:19 PM
He cant ****ing pass the ball. **** off

Can he pass like most NFL QBs? No but he's way faster than most NFL QBs so it doesn't matter.

Due to his speed despite him not being the most accurate QB he can make enough throws to be an effective QB and run an effective offense. Sorry if that upsets you.

SupDock
01-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Can he pass like most NFL QBs? No but he's way faster than most NFL QBs so it doesn't matter.

Due to his speed despite him not being the most accurate QB he can make enough throws to be an effective QB and run an effective offense. Sorry if that upsets you.

He's effective, but not elite.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2021, 03:25 PM
Lamar if he plays as a running QB is very effective. He got in his own head when he thought he could be a real QB like Mahomes and Rodgers. He's not. He's going to be a great, great effective run-pass QB until he's 28 or 29. And Baltimore is dangerous when he plays this way knowing who he is.

But it's always going to be limited when good teams force him to be something else. Which is why running qbs always have significant limitations. At some point lamar will need to play with adversity. He has not shown to be a good leader or passer in those situations.

Rain Man
01-10-2021, 03:27 PM
179 yards passing, 0 TDs and 1 Int in his first-ever playoff win.

Best22
01-10-2021, 03:30 PM
People should not be allowed to start threads criticizing Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson unless they provide proof that they have a least 3 black friends that follow the NFL.

??

This forums favorite quarterback is black

Deberg_1990
01-10-2021, 03:30 PM
179 yards passing, 0 TDs and 1 Int in his first-ever playoff win.

combine that with 136 yards rushing and 1 TD. Lamar played great today overall.

I will say, the Ravens mostly won today because of their defense and Tannehill is below average when Henry gets shuts down.

jettio
01-10-2021, 03:36 PM
??

This forums favorite quarterback is black

So was the 2019 NFL MVP.

Who else should have received the 2019 NFL MVP?

Lamar Jackson deserved the 2019 NFL MVP more than anybody with no black friends deserves to start threads criticizing Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson.

Best22
01-10-2021, 03:40 PM
So was the 2019 NFL MVP.

Who else should have received the 2019 NFL MVP?

Lamar Jackson deserved the 2019 NFL MVP more than anybody with no black friends deserves to start threads criticizing Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson.

Whoever said he didn’t deserve 2019 MVP either doesn’t understand MVP voting or is an idiot

YayMike
01-10-2021, 03:42 PM

Yep. They have a chip on their shoulder since we’ve beaten them 3 in a row. Gonna be tough but we should win. Really hope somehow the brownies win tonight

jettio
01-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Whoever said he didn’t deserve 2019 MVP either doesn’t understand MVP voting or is an idiot

No kidding. I looked it up and the vote was unanimous and since they do not do ranked voting, there is no official runner up.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2021, 03:57 PM
Yep. They have a chip on their shoulder since we’ve beaten them 3 in a row. Gonna be tough but we should win. Really hope somehow the brownies win tonight

It's the wrong chip. The kind of immature chip that will lead to them doing something stupid. The kind of desperate chip that leads to their QB to press even though he is a much worth qb when he does. Bring on Baltimore. Not worried about them. Lamar came back from behind. But think we all felt that as soon as the defense made stops it was lamars too lose. We aren't going to let lamar off nearly as easy.

crazycoffey
01-10-2021, 04:24 PM

Same. I like Lamar. And harbough I wasn’t impressed with the center of the field celebration or the walking off after the game. But I get it since Tennessee did it earlier this year.

Here’s to possibly playing them and running CEH at peters!

Bearcat
01-10-2021, 04:55 PM
I laugh at him as much as anyone, but he did account for 4300 yards (even if 1200 was rushing), led the NFL in touchdown passes while being 6th in rushing yards and had 7 rushing TDs... and his team went 14-2 with a point differential that beats every team going back to the 16-0 Patriots.

It was impressive, even if I had quite the laugh when he was throwing into the stands against the Titans in last year's playoffs, and today he's lobbing up a hail Mary looking pass where the receiver and defender are just standing around like they're fielding a pop up.

big nasty kcnut
01-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Taysom hill the white lamar jackson.

rico
01-10-2021, 05:48 PM
Although it was nice to see a position besides QB win it for one year, yup.

ROFL

smithandrew051
01-10-2021, 05:54 PM
Don’t really care about MVP anymore honestly. Give me the bye, Mahomes, and a mostly healthy roster over that award any day.

After today, I’m really not concerned with the AFC. Bills were lucky to win despite a really good game from Allen. That has to make Bills fans nervous.

Jackson had his best postseason game ever, and still can’t consistently throw the ball against even a bad defense. He ran wild, but still only managed 20 points. Their pass protection looked awful against a terrible pass rush.

We know the Steelers and Browns have their issues as well.

YayMike
01-10-2021, 06:07 PM
It's the wrong chip. The kind of immature chip that will lead to them doing something stupid. The kind of desperate chip that leads to their QB to press even though he is a much worth qb when he does. Bring on Baltimore. Not worried about them. Lamar came back from behind. But think we all felt that as soon as the defense made stops it was lamars too lose. We aren't going to let lamar off nearly as easy.

Oh they aren’t winning with 20 points no way. Baltimore’s D can be stingy at times , I still think we beat them, just saying I’d much prefer the Browns, or Bills or definitely Steelers

-King-
01-10-2021, 06:14 PM
Don’t really care about MVP anymore honestly. Give me the bye, Mahomes, and a mostly healthy roster over that award any day.

Why do people say this as if the two things are mutually exclusive or any way related?

smithandrew051
01-10-2021, 07:08 PM
Why do people say this as if the two things are mutually exclusive or any way related?

Many times a QB’s stats suffer when they have good defenses for one. 2018 Mahomes had no choice but to air it out when he had the worst defense in the league.

Also, sometimes having a great supporting cast is held against a QB. QBs that do more with less can get the votes.

The best QB doesn’t always have the best statistical season.

-King-
01-10-2021, 07:15 PM
Many times a QB’s stats suffer when they have good defenses for one. 2018 Mahomes had no choice but to air it out when he had the worst defense in the league.

Also, sometimes having a great supporting cast is held against a QB. QBs that do more with less can get the votes.

The best QB doesn’t always have the best statistical season.

I mean sure, but if mahomes had kept up his MVP play we still would have had the bye and a mostly healthy roster.

smithandrew051
01-10-2021, 07:16 PM
I mean sure, but if mahomes had kept up his MVP play we still would have had the bye and a mostly healthy roster.

Agree with that. I’m speaking more in generalities.

InChiefsHeaven
01-10-2021, 07:20 PM
Lamar Jackson is an exceptional football player who currently occupies the QB position. He's not an exceptional QB, but he is one hell of a player.

FloridaMan88
01-10-2021, 07:44 PM
In terms of MVP chances for RB’s and glorified RB’s... Lamar surpasses Queen Henry if voting were still active after today.

Bearcat
01-10-2021, 08:14 PM

Oklahoma Joe's includes BBQ sauce and fries seasoning with online orders.

The seasoning goes into a cabinet, the BBQ sauce is enjoyed immensely.

And I use this analogy not to dumb it down, but to point out the MVP trophies probably end up in the same place as the seasoning.

It does nothing for me... if some douche Pats fan in 20 years points out Mahomes only had 1 MVP along with his 8 SB victories, I'll just blow some fries seasoning into his face, because I'll have like 40 bottles of it by then.