PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV State Farm Commercials

luv
01-12-2021, 01:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/statefarm/videos/2699401640309180
https://www.facebook.com/statefarm/videos/3645556282158678

State Farm is in advertising heaven right now. Could you imagine their commercials for a GB/KC Super Bowl?

Graystoke
01-12-2021, 01:43 PM
I prefer the Progressive Commercials, Dr. Rick Pillows, on classes about becoming your parents.
I laugh at that so hard because its true, I am becoming my Dad

Pasta Little Brioni
01-12-2021, 01:43 PM
They are embarrassingly bad and whoever started the ad campaign, should never be allowed to do so ever again.

Baby Lee
01-12-2021, 01:47 PM
I prefer the Progressive Commercials, Dr. Rick Pillows, on classes about becoming your parents.

Am I hashtagging? - Bet even Seinfeld nodded in respect for that bit of business.

Graystoke
01-12-2021, 01:47 PM
Am I hashtagging?

We all see it..

Blue

KC_Lee
01-12-2021, 01:51 PM

Are you reading a book about a submarine again?

alpha_omega
01-12-2021, 01:51 PM
I'd prefer lesser commercials with lower premiums.

carcosa
01-12-2021, 01:57 PM
State Farm learned from last year and will be more proactive in getting the Packers into the Super Bowl. (Chiefs will not need the help)

Pitt Gorilla
01-12-2021, 02:02 PM

They're outstanding.

jerryaldini
01-12-2021, 02:04 PM

When the guy exhales as he sits down in the chair. My kids pointed that out. Didn't realize I did it.

RedRaider56
01-12-2021, 02:05 PM

I was laughing at the one with the sign "Live, Laugh, Love". Told my wife that was her. She wasn't too happy with me

also..Yes, we all see it..Yes, he has blue hair...

Jewish Rabbi
01-12-2021, 02:11 PM
Why did they stop playing grape Gatorade commercials?

luv
01-12-2021, 02:22 PM

Those are also my favorite.

"Who can tell me where the silence button is at on their phone?"
"I don't have one."

OR

"If you can't sit down, you have too many." (As he removes pillows from the couch.)

OR

"He's doesn't need your help. YOU hired HIM."

Easy 6
01-12-2021, 02:32 PM

Ha, same here... those are legitimately funny

"No, remember you hired him"

*luv beat me to it

Graystoke
01-12-2021, 02:45 PM
When the guy exhales as he sits down in the chair. My kids pointed that out. Didn't realize I did it.

Its called old man noises. I do it. I am my Dad

DeepPurple
01-12-2021, 03:06 PM
Does State Farm really think the public is going to believe a guy making $40 milllion a year is going to be that excited that he got a discount on his car insurance. Hell, they don't even get that happy when they get a free sports car from a dealer. When a baseball player gets a free truck for being the all-star at the All-Star Game or golfer a free BMW for a hole-in-one, most times they say, I'm going to give the truck to my church, or some relative.

Also State Farm must think the public is so stupid, when they ran the commercial with Jake from State Farm talking to the guy at 3am and his wife grabs the phone, Jake was a white guy. I wonder how that actor feels. His real name is Jake Stone and he was a real State Farm agent from Bloomington, IL who answered a company casting call in 2011.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Jake-from-State-Farm.jpg

Then Jake became this guy, he's not a real State Agent, he's actor Kevin Mimms aka Kevin Miles. He graduated from college with a fine arts degree and studied acting at the Chicago Academy for the Arts. He's based in LA and had some small parts in SWAT and Criminal Minds. When State Farm asked why they had to change actors, they said the original Jake no longer works for State Farm and lives in Illinois and has to be available to shoot multiple commercials in LA., maybe if they had asked him, he would of moved to LA. They also go onto say they wanted a formally trained actor to continue the role. Sounds like they wanted a black actor for a wider market, but they won't say that.

https://content.presspage.com/uploads/1441/commercial-feature.png?10000

RedRaider56
01-12-2021, 03:12 PM
Guess what....the waiter doesn't need to know your name

You woke up early...no one cares..

wazu
01-12-2021, 03:13 PM
Does State Farm really think the public is going to believe a guy making $40 milllion a year is going to be that excited that he got a discount on his car insurance. Hell, they don't even get that happy when they get a free sports car from a dealer. When a baseball player gets a free truck for being the all-star at the All-Star Game or golfer a free BMW for a hole-in-one, most times they say, I'm going to give the truck to my church, or some relative.

Also State Farm must think the public is so stupid, when they ran the commercial with Jake from State Farm talking to the guy at 3am and his wife grabs the phone, Jake was a white guy. I wonder how that actor feels. His real name is Jake Stone and he was a real State Farm agent from Bloomington, IL who answered a company casting call in 2011.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Jake-from-State-Farm.jpg

Then Jake became this guy, he's not a real State Agent, he's actor Kevin Mimms aka Kevin Miles. He graduated from college with a fine arts degree and studied acting at the Chicago Academy for the Arts. He's based in LA and had some small parts in SWAT and Criminal Minds. When State Farm asked why they had to change actors, they said the original Jake no longer works for State Farm and lives in Illinois and has to be available to shoot multiple commercials in LA., and they wanted a formally trained actor to continue the role. Sounds like they wanted a black actor for a wider market, but they won't say that.

Thank you for all of this. It's a lame joke that wasn't funny the first time, and telling it 10 different ways doesn't make it any funnier. Ironically, the only one of the Jake from State Farm commercials that was funny at all was the original.

KChiefs1
01-12-2021, 03:19 PM

Then Jake became this guy, he's not a real State Agent, he's actor Kevin Mimms aka Kevin Miles. He graduated from college with a fine arts degree and studied acting at the Chicago Academy for the Arts. He's based in LA and had some small parts in SWAT and Criminal Minds. When State Farm asked why they had to change actors, they said the original Jake no longer works for State Farm and lives in Illinois and has to be available to shoot multiple commercials in LA., maybe if they had asked him, he would of moved to LA. They also go onto say they wanted a formally trained actor to continue the role. Sounds like they wanted a black actor for a wider market, but they won't say that.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/eivyYNE6Tae5EuRjAM/giphy.gif

Beef Supreme
01-12-2021, 05:17 PM
The Browns are going to find out what it means to pay the Patrick price this weekend.

Jewish Rabbi
01-12-2021, 05:18 PM
The Browns are going to find out what it means to pay the Patrick price this weekend.

Does State Farm offer health insurance? Because there will be a whole lot of prolapsed sphincters on the Browns this weekend!!!

Coach
01-12-2021, 05:23 PM
"You woke up early"

Nobody cares.

Priest31kc
01-12-2021, 07:13 PM
I hate most commercials but Progressive and Geico commercials are almost always funny. And yeah the Dr Rick ones are hilarious.

State Farm has Pat and Rodgers, but the actual commercials suck IMO.

Papi
01-12-2021, 09:48 PM
Also State Farm must think the public is so stupid, when they ran the commercial with Jake from State Farm talking to the guy at 3am and his wife grabs the phone, Jake was a white guy...

Sounds like they wanted a black actor for a wider market, but they won't say that.

I think State Farm thinks most people (other than you evidently) don't care.

Dayze
01-12-2021, 09:52 PM
I’m gonna eat a big lunch and just a snack for dinner

Zebedee DuBois
01-12-2021, 09:56 PM
The Progressive ads with Flo and Jamie et al give off a cult vibe.

Zebedee DuBois
01-12-2021, 10:00 PM
In order of decreasing interest, I would go Geico /Progressive / State Farm / Liberty Mutual.

It depends on the Geico theme - the little gecko with the cockney/aussie accent is very annoying to me.

HemiEd
01-12-2021, 10:01 PM
I'd prefer lesser commercials with lower premiums.

It has been about eight years since I decided State Farm was too high and too hard to get along with.
I had three vehicles insured with them and they were complaining about too many miles on one, even though I was putting no miles on the other two.

Fuck State Farm

RedRaider56
01-12-2021, 10:12 PM
It has been about eight years since I decided State Farm was too high and too hard to get along with.
I had three vehicles insured with them and they were complaining about too many miles on one, even though I was putting no miles on the other two.

**** State Farm

State Farm jacked my homeowners insurance 30% one year for no reason at all, other than to cover losses from fires in other parts of the state.

I'm with Allstate now..**** State Farm

Hydrae
01-12-2021, 10:15 PM
In order of decreasing interest, I would go Geico /Progressive / State Farm / Liberty Mutual.

It depends on the Geico theme - the little gecko with the cockney/aussie accent is very annoying to me.

Speaking of LM, I don't know why but I love Limu Emu (and Doug).

J Diddy
01-12-2021, 10:53 PM
Speaking of LM, I don't know why but I love Limu Emu (and Doug).

It's like a really bad starsky and hutch.

Nothing beats the cavemen commericials.

luv
01-13-2021, 10:44 AM
"You woke up early"

Nobody cares.

If you printed out directions to get here, you're in the right place. LMAO

POND_OF_RED
01-25-2021, 09:35 AM
How do you think the State Farm advertising team is feeling this morning? Back to the drawing board. Wonder if they just cut ties with Rodgers and give Mahomes more money now.

displacedinMN
01-25-2021, 09:41 AM
All non Patrick insurance commercials need to cease

wazu
01-25-2021, 09:49 AM
How do you think the State Farm advertising team is feeling this morning? Back to the drawing board. Wonder if they just cut ties with Rodgers and give Mahomes more money now.

They need to cut ties with whomever is writing their terrible, unfunny ads.

MahiMike
01-25-2021, 10:13 AM
They've run their course.

fan4ever
01-25-2021, 10:13 AM
They need to cut ties with whomever is writing their terrible, unfunny ads.

Yeah that no look cornhole and hole in one is shit a kid in grade school would think is awesome. So stupid.

I'd have loved to be in on the brainstorming for the Geico/becoming your Parents ads. They had to be laughing their asses off as they shared the stereotypical things their parents do.
I'm guilty of all of them especially the home depot one.

displacedinMN
01-25-2021, 10:20 AM
Yeah that no look cornhole and hole in one is shit a kid in grade school would think is awesome. So stupid.

I'd have loved to be in on the brainstorming for the Geico/becoming your Parents ads. They had to be laughing their asses off as they shared the stereotypical things their parents do.
I'm guilty of all of them especially the home depot one.

worst is Liberty Mutual. Someone needs to die for subjecting us to those

SuperBowl4
01-25-2021, 10:42 AM
worst is Liberty Mutual. Someone needs to die for subjecting us to thoseAmflac is worse

Oxford
01-25-2021, 01:30 PM
worst is Liberty Mutual. Someone needs to die for subjecting us to those

I would like to put yellow Emu's on the endangered species list, blue Emu's are okay

gblowfish
01-25-2021, 02:05 PM
I like the Allstate Mayhem Guy the best. He looks just like a good friend of mine.

SuperBowl4
01-25-2021, 02:22 PM
Anybody here have WAWANESA INSURANCE? It's been around since 1896. ->http://youtu.be/T0iZ-bzmAC0

KChiefs1
01-25-2021, 02:23 PM
I think they could really make some great commercials now with Mahomes & Rodgers.

I don't think it will happen because I don't think Rodgers has a sense of humor.

srvy
01-25-2021, 03:52 PM
Oh I think by far the worst insurance commercial is The General. Even with Shack on board they just suck.

gblowfish
01-25-2021, 04:05 PM
I'm your cat...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dHXL8A1dowo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Randallflagg
01-25-2021, 04:15 PM
I was laughing at the one with the sign "Live, Laugh, Love". Told my wife that was her. She wasn't too happy with me

also..Yes, we all see it..Yes, he has blue hair...

ROFL

"Bbbblluee"