PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs sign QB Anthony Gordon

thabear04
01-12-2021, 04:04 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs have signed QB Anthony Gordon to a futures contract on Tuesday, according to Field Yates.

Skyy God
01-12-2021, 04:11 PM
To the ship!

carcosa
01-12-2021, 04:12 PM
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Jewish Rabbi
01-12-2021, 04:13 PM
Oh fuck yeah PRINT EM

wazu
01-12-2021, 04:15 PM
I think we're up to 5 QBs now.

digger
01-12-2021, 04:16 PM
To The:

https://worldwarwings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/aacaca11dd6691a3ee0ffaa084db86a9.jpg

Easy 6
01-12-2021, 04:17 PM
Flash Gordon threw 48 touchdowns in 2019, second only to Joe Burrow

Gentlemen, we now have our QBOTF!

okiedokieokoye
01-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Pretty good write up on him:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/14/21199806/anthony-gordon-2020-nfl-draft-washington-state-gardner-minshew-quarterback-seahawks

Hammock Parties
Mahomes days are numbered.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
We just got Colquitt back. How many MVPs can one team manage?

KChiefs1
01-12-2021, 04:21 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/Ta1R0vSRfVLmDrvhHf/giphy.gif

Kman34
01-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Well if Mahomes struggles Sunday this guy could save the day...

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-12-2021, 04:23 PM
They signed TA AMU as well

Deberg_1990
01-12-2021, 04:26 PM
Flip Mahomes for a kings ransom in picks!

thabear04
01-12-2021, 04:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Anthony Gordon &quot;Ramsay&quot; (QB 18 from Washington State) has impressed me on the film that I&#39;ve watched tonight. With just some of the throws I&#39;ve seen, I&#39;m hoping we see him at the Senior Bowl. He puts some zip on this one after scanning the field from left to right. <a href="https://t.co/zCCMbAh2sK">pic.twitter.com/zCCMbAh2sK</a></p>&mdash; Russell Brown (@RussNFLDraft) <a href="https://twitter.com/RussNFLDraft/status/1196628878250381312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 19, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dante84
01-12-2021, 04:30 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xQfEOq4UqiY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wazu
01-12-2021, 04:32 PM
So since it's a "futures" contract, sounds like it doesn't take effect until the 2021 season.

Hoover
01-12-2021, 04:54 PM
I'm all for a cheap young QB to back up Mahomes. Can't afford to waste money on Henne types, and I know how so many of you like to find 1.25M in cap savings!

tyecopeland
01-12-2021, 05:08 PM
I didn't think teams could sign players to futures contracts until their season was over.

TheMartyr
01-12-2021, 05:16 PM
His NFL Draft profile sounds like a carbon copy of Pat Mahomes coming out of college but with less arm strength and zip.

Creative player. Reckless thrower who had to carry a team and threw a lot of picks. Bad footwork and decision making. Former baseball player with a quick release who can throw from different angles and while scrambling.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2021, 05:16 PM
Mahomes days are numbered.

Good! 30 yard sacks are inexcusible!

Easy 6
01-12-2021, 05:40 PM
His NFL Draft profile sounds like a carbon copy of Pat Mahomes coming out of college but with less arm strength and zip.

Creative player. Reckless thrower who had to carry a team and threw a lot of picks. Bad footwork and decision making. Former baseball player with a quick release who can throw from different angles and while scrambling.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anthony-gordon/3219474f-5204-5716-a75e-4ec8e313a651

Chris Meck
01-12-2021, 05:55 PM

I was bored, so I watched all the highlights.

He's got some of the same awareness in the pocket, as for where people are around him. He makes a lot of off-schedule and off-platform throws pretty accurately, buying time in the pocket and outside. He's making multiple reads, looking off defenders pretty frequently. He does not have the big arm, but does seem to be pretty accurate downfield. More like a younger Brees type of thrower. There's some of that baseball-style that drove people nuts about Mahomes but we've all seen how beneficial that is now.

I would say if his brain can handle the Andy Reid megabytes needed that he looks like a good prospect to groom up as a back-up, because he's the same TYPE of player that Mahomes is, just not as gifted. If he could handle the offense, you wouldn't need to change anything really should Mahomes miss some time to injuries. Not super worried about the 16 picks because he threw almost 50TD's. I mean, you know. That's pretty good.

Kind of the reason I've never gotten why we kept Henne at #2 rather than Moore is the difference in their games relative to your starter; I mean Henne is the opposite of Mahomes. Moore is the same type of QB as Mahomes, more mobile, bit of a gunslinger just obviously not as elite. It seems to me that having your back-up be of a similar playing style makes more sense but I'm not going to tell Andy Reid how to arrange his QB room.

This kid looks like the kind of prospect we used to get all excited about when we didn't have a QB.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-12-2021, 06:00 PM
I was bored, so I watched all the highlights.

He's got some of the same awareness in the pocket, as for where people are around him. He makes a lot of off-schedule and off-platform throws pretty accurately, buying time in the pocket and outside. He's making multiple reads, looking off defenders pretty frequently. He does not have the big arm, but does seem to be pretty accurate downfield. More like a younger Brees type of thrower. There's some of that baseball-style that drove people nuts about Mahomes but we've all seen how beneficial that is now.

I would say if his brain can handle the Andy Reid megabytes needed that he looks like a good prospect to groom up as a back-up, because he's the same TYPE of player that Mahomes is, just not as gifted. If he could handle the offense, you wouldn't need to change anything really should Mahomes miss some time to injuries. Not super worried about the 16 picks because he threw almost 50TD's. I mean, you know. That's pretty good.

Kind of the reason I've never gotten why we kept Henne at #2 rather than Moore is the difference in their games relative to your starter; I mean Henne is the opposite of Mahomes. Moore is the same type of QB as Mahomes, more mobile, bit of a gunslinger just obviously not as elite. It seems to me that having your back-up be of a similar playing style makes more sense but I'm not going to tell Andy Reid how to arrange his QB room.

This kid looks like the kind of prospect we used to get all excited about when we didn't have a QB.

Maybe a thought as to why Henne is #2 is that Defenses prepare for Mahomes style. Put Henne in and their preparation is turned upside down.

MMXcalibur
01-12-2021, 06:00 PM
The Browns will be game planning for Mahomes all week.
Come gameday: BOOM! in comes Gordon to throw all that planning out the window.

A true master stroke by Reid.

Red Dawg
01-12-2021, 06:28 PM
We should get this kid some snaps in the 4th quarter if the game is close.

Red Dawg
01-12-2021, 06:29 PM
The Browns will be game planning for Mahomes all week.
Come gameday: BOOM! in comes Gordon to throw all that planning out the window.

A true master stroke by Reid.

This is the plan. Nobody will expect it.

Chris Meck
01-12-2021, 06:44 PM
Maybe a thought as to why Henne is #2 is that Defenses prepare for Mahomes style. Put Henne in and their preparation is turned upside down.

well...maybe. But I don't think a guy like Henne really requires any planning. He's kind of a statue, and you either get to him and cover downfield or you don't.

I think Moore was successful last season because you didn't really need to change anything.

I think Reid's offense is as such that you just need to do what you do and make other people defend it.

But I'm just a humble guitar player, and Reid clearly knows what he's doing.

tk13
01-12-2021, 06:56 PM
We're a championship level team. You need to have a guy like Henne or Moore back there who can at least hang around .500 if Mahomes has to miss 3-4 games. At least keep you in the playoff race. The third guy can be a project but honestly we're lucky to have the guys we have now. Obviously if Mahomes gets seriously hurt we're screwed either way, but if he has a short injury there are two different guys who could hold the fort down for a couple games.

MahomesMagic
01-12-2021, 07:07 PM
I think Reid just likes coaching all these young QB's to help build up his coaching pipeline.

King_Chief_Fan
01-12-2021, 07:24 PM
We're a championship level team. You need to have a guy like Henne or Moore back there who can at least hang around .500 if Mahomes has to miss 3-4 games. At least keep you in the playoff race. The third guy can be a project but honestly we're lucky to have the guys we have now. Obviously if Mahomes gets seriously hurt we're screwed either way, but if he has a short injury there are two different guys who could hold the fort down for a couple games.

When has Henne ever held down the fort?
He is horrible

tk13
01-12-2021, 07:49 PM
When has Henne ever held down the fort?
He is horrible

Can you doubt Andy Reid and QBs at this point? The guy legit has a 20 year history of getting the most out of his QBs. He almost made the NFC title game with Jeff Garcia, turned Michael Vick into a QB, rejuvenated Nick Foles career, and brought Matt Moore off the street and coached him up enough that it took Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind to beat him. He's always put together a QB group that's solid.

Chiefshrink
01-12-2021, 07:50 PM
Well if Mahomes struggles Sunday this guy could save the day...

Well we just signed our Tyler Heineke hopefully. I think it is a great move to keep Mahomes sharpening his edge at all times.

King_Chief_Fan
01-12-2021, 07:59 PM
Can you doubt Andy Reid and QBs at this point? The guy legit has a 20 year history of getting the most out of his QBs. He almost made the NFC title game with Jeff Garcia, turned Michael Vick into a QB, rejuvenated Nick Foles career, and brought Matt Moore off the street and coached him up enough that it took Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind to beat him. He's always put together a QB group that's solid.

but, when did Henne hold down the fort?
His history and stats are pitiful

displacedinMN
01-12-2021, 08:00 PM
another thread that does not disappoint

BossChief
01-12-2021, 08:04 PM
Another 1$ lottery ticket with a shot to win 150k. I’ll take it.

GloucesterChief
01-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Minshew was better.

rtmike
01-12-2021, 08:18 PM
I remember Reid saying they didn't change game plan when Moore came in. Also that the offense didn't need to cater to him. He said there were a few changes but it was stuff MM liked.

J Diddy
01-12-2021, 10:55 PM
Undecided.

Wife +/- Kelly Croyle

Easy 6
01-12-2021, 11:06 PM

Slam dunk

Mike in SW-MO
01-13-2021, 10:02 AM
Whatever. They are signing camp arms now to beat the rush later.

Abba-Dabba
01-13-2021, 10:05 AM
To The:

https://worldwarwings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/aacaca11dd6691a3ee0ffaa084db86a9.jpg

We sunk that.