PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Injury report this week?

Direckshun
01-13-2021, 09:50 AM
It's Wednesday, and I assume we've had two practices so far this week.

Yet I do not see an injury report anywhere. Am I missing anything?

-King-
01-13-2021, 09:58 AM
Injury report comes out today

TRR
01-13-2021, 10:00 AM
Players aren’t even allowed in the building on Mondays and Tuesdays...unless that rule changed for the playoffs. Either way, King is correct. We should get some indication of players health today. Friday is obviously the most important day for practice updates.

Dante84
01-13-2021, 10:04 AM
I wonder if we hold back CEH for this game so he can run wild on the Bills again. I feel like this game will be very pass heavy (more than usual) for us given the Browns terrible secondary.

So, I'm hoping Sammy is in "Playoff Sammy" mode.

TRR
01-13-2021, 10:19 AM
I wonder if we hold back CEH for this game so he can run wild on the Bills again. I feel like this game will be very pass heavy (more than usual) for us given the Browns terrible secondary.

They won’t hold anyone back in a playoff game. If CEH is healthy enough to play it will be full go.

...and here’s to simply hoping Sammy can play let alone be “Playoff Sammy”.

OKchiefs
01-13-2021, 10:30 AM

The theory/expectation was that we hadn't used CEH all season very much in the passing game to save that for the playoffs, so if he is available I'm really hoping we have a new wrinkle with him involved more in the passing game. It was a little surprising all season to not see him used all that much on designed pass plays to the RB.

wazu
01-13-2021, 10:31 AM
Players aren’t even allowed in the building on Mondays and Tuesdays...unless that rule changed for the playoffs. Either way, King is correct. We should get some indication of players health today. Friday is obviously the most important day for practice updates.

My understanding as well. Practices are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Same as every week.

CoMoChief
01-13-2021, 10:32 AM
Activate Playoff Beast Mode for Watkins and Clark.

Get Hitchens and Gay back healthy.

Thornhill needs to start making big plays. Makes Mathieu's job a lot easier on back end.

Anything hear any word on Schwartz? Should we just all assume that he's not playing at all in the playoffs/SB?

OKchiefs
01-13-2021, 10:37 AM

Thornhill needs to start making big plays. Makes Mathieu's job a lot easier on back end.

Anything hear any word on Schwartz? Should we just all assume that he's not playing at all in the playoffs/SB?

I seriously doubt he can just step in and contribute after not even practicing for the past 3 months. You generally see guys coming off IR get worked back in gradually before they're activated, I've seen no mention of him practicing at all.

KCUnited
01-13-2021, 10:43 AM

+ AFCCG Pennel

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 10:46 AM

It's safe to assume Schwartz is done for the year.

TRR
01-13-2021, 11:44 AM
It's safe to assume Schwartz is done for the year.

Agreed. Very odd situation with him. Must not have gotten better, although Reid did mention a week or two ago that he was feeling better.

OKchiefs
01-13-2021, 11:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In open portion of today’s practice (no pads), Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Tyreek Hill, Mike Remmers, Eric Fisher, Anthony Hitchens, Ben Niemann &amp; Dorian O’Daniel we’re all on the practice fields.<br><br>No Sammy Watkins, Willie Gay &amp; Mitchell Schwartz.<br><br>I didn’t see Rashad Fenton.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1349414739093368833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2021, 11:59 AM
Okay so CEH is back but Sammy not? WTF?

Surely he’s gonna play.

dirk digler
01-13-2021, 12:02 PM
Excellent news that CEH is back. Why am I not surprised about Sammy.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2021, 12:04 PM
Watkins talked a little smack about Cleveland on Twitter Sunday night so he better fucking play. Can’t be putting words out like that for your teammates to back you up.

Shit that’s frustrating.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 12:05 PM
Watkins talked a little smack about Cleveland on Twitter Sunday night so he better fucking play. Can’t be putting words out like that for your teammates to back you up.

Shit that’s frustrating.

He really didn't though.

All he was saying was that the game wasn't over yet. He tweeted that in the middle of the 1st quarter.

OKchiefs
01-13-2021, 12:06 PM
Not that I have much faith in the injury status of Watkins, but him not being there on the first day of practice isn't that big of a deal either. I'll be concerned if he isn't practicing by Friday.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2021, 12:07 PM
He really didn't though.

All he was saying was that the game wasn't over yet. He tweeted that in the middle of the 1st quarter.

I don’t think that’s what he was saying.

L.A. Chieffan
01-13-2021, 12:08 PM
CEH

https://media.giphy.com/media/NEvPzZ8bd1V4Y/giphy.gif

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 12:09 PM
I don’t think that’s what he was saying.

Why?

There's absolutely nothing in his Tweet that points to it being a direct shot at Cleveland at all. Especially when there was 50 minutes left in the game and Pittsburgh could have still won.

I call BS.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Why?

There's absolutely nothing in his Tweet that points to it being a direct shot at Cleveland at all. Especially when there was 50 minutes left in the game and Pittsburgh could have still won.

I call BS.

He was replying to someone who said ‘looks like you have some competition next week’.

If he didn’t mean it toward the Browns, he did a really poor job of communicating what he was trying to say.

RunKC
01-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Okay so CEH is back but Sammy not? WTF?

Surely he’s gonna play.

I’m so sick of Sammy’s bullshit. I don’t give a **** about what he did before in the playoffs.

He’s not a primary weapon. FFS he’s the ****ing 4th option in this offense. His broke ass is absolutely replaceable.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 12:12 PM
He was replying to someone who said ‘looks like you have some competition next week’.

If he didn’t mean it toward the Browns, he did a really poor job of communicating what he was trying to say.

All he said is "I wouldn't go that far" which of course makes total sense considering it was still the first quarter.

Maybe not worded the best but certainly not worded in any way that insinuates he was disrespecting the Browns, unless that's what people want to read into it on their own.

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2021, 12:15 PM
I’m so sick of Sammy’s bullshit. I don’t give a **** about what he did before in the playoffs.

He’s not a primary weapon. FFS he’s the ****ing 4th option in this offense. His broke ass is absolutely replaceable.
Wrap his delicate little tootsies in bubble wrap so he can do his job for 3 more games then kick his ass to the curb.

htismaqe
Wrap his delicate little tootsies in bubble wrap so he can do his job for 3 more games then kick his ass to the curb.

Yep.

In58men
Watkins will be play, just relax.

I’m not even worried about it. You’ll see.

In58men
01-13-2021, 12:18 PM
We need Willie Gay back.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 12:19 PM
We need Willie Gay back.

Not really. He'd be nice to have for sure but not a "need". Dude only plays about 25% of the snaps per game.

Dante84
01-13-2021, 12:19 PM
Dude roasted Richard Sherman to help us win the Super Bowl.

Imma give him a little leeway before I storm the Capitol over his injuries.

In58men
01-13-2021, 12:24 PM
Not really. He'd be nice to have for sure but not a "need". Dude only plays about 25% of the snaps per game.

We have Chubb and Hunt, two prolific running backs. We’re gonna need some speed on defense.

-King-
01-13-2021, 12:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In open portion of today’s practice (no pads), Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Tyreek Hill, Mike Remmers, Eric Fisher, Anthony Hitchens, Ben Niemann &amp; Dorian O’Daniel we’re all on the practice fields.<br><br>No Sammy Watkins, Willie Gay &amp; Mitchell Schwartz.<br><br>I didn’t see Rashad Fenton.</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1349414739093368833?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I imagine reporters watch practice with a clipboard checking off attendance like a substitute teacher LMAO

OKchiefs
01-13-2021, 12:25 PM
Dude roasted Richard Sherman to help us win the Super Bowl.

Imma give him a little leeway before I storm the Capitol over his injuries.

Absolutely. Pretty sure he'll manage to play Sunday.

Now going forward after this season? Sayonara.

wazu
01-13-2021, 12:25 PM
Watkins felt good enough to talk shit on the Browns over Twitter. Hopefully he's planning to back that up on Sunday.

O.city
01-13-2021, 12:26 PM
Can we be done with Watkins, please? My god.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 12:29 PM
All he said is "I wouldn't go that far" which of course makes total sense considering it was still the first quarter.

Maybe not worded the best but certainly not worded in any way that insinuates he was disrespecting the Browns, unless that's what people want to read into it on their own.

Basically it's about this. Some people have decided to take a post that Sammy made and make it into something more. I get CLE fans and even the team doing it; gotta grab at any kind of BB material for motivation. I wish that some CLE player would say something dumb to give the Chiefs a little of that edge.

But let's be real: Sammy doesn't have a history of shit-talking. He's not OBJ/Diggs/DHop or someone like that. He's pretty humble. For WR anyway.

The Franchise
01-13-2021, 12:30 PM

I fucking hope so after this season. Draft a new X receiver in the first round and move the fuck on from broke ass.

wazu
01-13-2021, 12:32 PM
I imagine reporters watch practice with a clipboard checking off attendance like a substitute teacher LMAO

It's kind of impressive. There are so many players all over the place. Most not turned where you can see their names, many not even numbers. Subbing in and out and running in all different directions. And then you gotta turn around and report who you couldn't find and hope you didn't just miss it.

BossChief
01-13-2021, 12:34 PM
Watkins felt good enough to talk shit on the Browns over Twitter. Hopefully he's planning to back that up on Sunday.

He and juju will both be free agents for a reason.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 12:34 PM
We have Chubb and Hunt, two prolific running backs. We’re gonna need some speed on defense.

Well, we don't have it. And even if Gay was healthy, he wasn't going to play more than 25% or so of the snaps.

It is what it is.

DaneMcCloud
01-13-2021, 12:45 PM

Yeah, that's exactly what they do because it's their job as sportswriters.

It's kind of impressive. There are so many players all over the place. Most not turned where you can see their names, many not even numbers. Subbing in and out and running in all different directions. And then you gotta turn around and report who you couldn't find and hope you didn't just miss it.

What? It's in no way, "impressive". Anyone can print out Chiefs jersey numbers from their website and match them up.

Plus, Reid generally addresses guys that missed practice.

thabear04
01-13-2021, 12:47 PM
Wakins can’t go Sunday give me Bryron Pringle.

O.city
01-13-2021, 12:51 PM
I ****ing hope so after this season. Draft a new X receiver in the first round and move the **** on from broke ass.

Let him go be someone else's problem.

-King-
01-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what they do because it's their job as sportswriters.

What? It's in no way, "impressive". Anyone can print out Chiefs jersey numbers from their website and match them up.

Plus, Reid generally addresses guys that missed practice.

https://i.imgur.com/ZtnTsS1_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

ForeverIowan
01-13-2021, 12:54 PM

Unless he goes off in the playoffs you've got to think we part ways. OBJ or a first rounder for his replacement please.

DaFace
01-13-2021, 12:56 PM
I fucking hope so after this season. Draft a new X receiver in the first round and move the fuck on from broke ass.

In theory, that was supposed to be Hardman.

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2021, 12:57 PM
Unless he goes off in the playoffs you've got to think we part ways. OBJ or a first rounder for his replacement please.
OBJ has played even less than Watkins.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 12:57 PM

OBJ? Wth? Are we talking about the guy that is sitting in bed right now because he blew up his leg?

The guy that couldn't get open all season before he hurt his leg?

The guy that takes plays off, doesn't block, talks shit constantly, about his own team and coaches if you don't force-feed him the ball?

That OBJ?

Hard pass.

staylor26
01-13-2021, 01:03 PM

Not necessarily at the X. But I fully expect him to take huge step in year 3.

The Chiefs should still draft a WR early. Like Pittsburgh, the Chiefs should be drafting a WR fairly high every other year. That needs to be the model.

TEX
01-13-2021, 01:08 PM

Yep. Dude makes plays.

dirk digler
01-13-2021, 01:09 PM

Yep. Pringle needs more snaps.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 01:11 PM
I like Pringle. From the little we've seen of him, he seems to generally play well.

But there's obviously something we're not seeing, because he's still basically behind Hardman on the DC.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-13-2021, 01:15 PM
DOD on special teams!

ModSocks
01-13-2021, 01:19 PM

I don't think so. Hardman and Watkins are nowhere near the same kind of guy.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 01:20 PM
I don't think so. Hardman and Watkins are nowhere near the same kind of guy.

Yep.

Pringle brings some of the Watkins things to the table, let's put him in there AND Hardman.

dirk digler
01-13-2021, 01:24 PM
Reid: Not practicing today was Fenton, Watkins and Gay but they are all getting better ;)

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-13-2021, 01:31 PM
Frustrated with Sammy or not, this offense works way better when he is healthy. His route running is superb and opens lanes for other guys if he is not the primary. He is also a good at improvising if Mahomes gets in trouble. I am predicting that Sammy, once again, will have an awesome postseason. If he wasn't hurt in the regular season and played the way he did all year in last years postseason he would be being paid 3 times as much. JMO

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-13-2021, 01:35 PM
Fenton and Gay need to be ready. Both contribute big time

Tonka83
01-13-2021, 01:37 PM
Watkins is quickly approaching Eric Berry territory.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-13-2021, 01:38 PM

Not even close... When Eric Berry played he was a shadow of his former self, Watkins has been very effective and suspect he will continue to be effective if he's healthy...

dirk digler
01-13-2021, 01:38 PM
Reid: Schwartz won't be back this week and they will see moving forward, he is day to day. They haven't lost hope and he really wants to play but backs are fickle.

DaFace
01-13-2021, 01:39 PM

Nah, that's Schwartz.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said Mitchell Schwartz (back) won&#39;t play Sunday. Schwartz hasn&#39;t played since Week 6.<br><br>&quot;We&#39;re literally taking it day by day,&quot; Reid said. &quot;He physically can&#39;t do that right now. We&#39;ll see how it goes down the road. I don&#39;t think anybody has lost hope.&quot;</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1349439479711412231?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
01-13-2021, 01:40 PM
Nah, that's Schwartz.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said Mitchell Schwartz (back) won&#39;t play Sunday. Schwartz hasn&#39;t played since Week 6.<br><br>&quot;We&#39;re literally taking it day by day,&quot; Reid said. &quot;He physically can&#39;t do that right now. We&#39;ll see how it goes down the road. I don&#39;t think anybody has lost hope.&quot;</p>&mdash; Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/1349439479711412231?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude is done.

TLO
01-13-2021, 01:41 PM
What even happened to Schwartz? I don't specifically remember him getting injured.

In58men
01-13-2021, 01:43 PM
The #Chiefs have signed WR Antonio Callaway to a reserve futures deal, a source tells @YahooSports.

Hmm

IrishChief
Its disturbing to read abuse from our fans about an injured player. Hows it his fault he gets injured? The dude helped us win a superbowl. Hopefully Sammy makes it Sunday, if he doesnt then we will just have to get on with it until hes fit.

Megatron96

:rolleyes:

htismaqe
Fenton and Gay need to be ready. Both contribute big time

No, they don't. They're both role-players. If they're ready, great. If they're not, we'll be fine. People need to stop overreacting.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 01:44 PM
What even happened to Schwartz? I don't specifically remember him getting injured.

Back injury. He's done for the year, writing is likely on the wall.

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-13-2021, 01:44 PM

The theory is he was nursing a back injury early in the season and played through it until it became too much. Dunno how much truth there is there, but he did NOT look like himself this season when he was playing.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 01:46 PM
Its disturbing to read abuse from our fans about an injured player. Hows it his fault he gets injured? The dude helped us win a superbowl. Hopefully he makes it Sunday, if he doesnt then we will just have to get on with it until hes fit.

Obviously you haven't been lurking around here very long. And we don't even know yet exactly why Sammy didn't practice today. But "OverreactionPlanet" is always happy to make WAGs, because "CP."

Welcome to CP though.:)

InChiefsHeaven
01-13-2021, 01:50 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Av72crBYNiEYo/giphy.gif

FloridaMan88
01-13-2021, 01:57 PM
Any reasoning why Watkins didn’t practice?

Because he's a broke dick.

Dunerdr
01-13-2021, 01:58 PM
Didnt Watkins leave the game a few weeks ago with a calf injury or am i the only one who remembers that?

FloridaMan88
01-13-2021, 01:58 PM
Nah, that's Schwartz.

After three months if Schwartz still cannot even participate in a walkthrough practice then it is pretty obvious that short term "day to day" rest/recovery is not going to be enough to resolve his back injury.

Probably a surgical intervention will be needed this offseason.

In58men
01-13-2021, 01:59 PM
Didnt Watkins leave the game a few weeks ago with a calf injury or am i the only one who remembers that?

Yeah, you’re right. I didn’t think about that lol.

FloridaMan88
01-13-2021, 02:00 PM

Yes calf injury.

Just another injury to his fragile glass legs.

Hamstring, calf... he's never healthy.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 02:00 PM
Obviously you haven't been lurking around here very long. And we don't even know yet exactly why Sammy didn't practice today. But "OverreactionPlanet" is always happy to make WAGs, because "CP."

Welcome to CP though.:)

Sammy didn't practice because of his calf, which he injured a couple of weeks ago.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 02:04 PM
Sammy didn't practice because of his calf, which he injured a couple of weeks ago.

So Andy or some coach actually said that Sammy didn't practice because of that calf injury today after practice?

This is all I'm getting at. Do we have an actual statement from a coach about the reason Watkins didn't practice today, or are we just guessing based on the fact that Watkins left the NOR game(?) because of a strained calf?

If we do have a statement I would really appreciate a link, please.

Direckshun
01-13-2021, 02:04 PM
Watkins may stay in KC this offseason, though.

Nobody is going to offer him money, and we may be able to keep him for pennies.

DaFace
01-13-2021, 02:05 PM
So Andy or some coach actually said that Sammy didn't practice because of that calf injury today after practice?

This is all I'm getting at. Do we have an actual statement from a coach about the reason Watkins didn't practice today, or are we just guessing based on the fact that Watkins left the NOR game(?) because of a strained calf?

He was a DNP for Chargers week with a calf injury. So unless something happened off the field since then, that's the issue.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report/

SupDock
01-13-2021, 02:06 PM
Dude is done.

Day to day?

Fuck. He's done for

dirk digler
01-13-2021, 02:08 PM

No Reid just said Watkins didn't practice but the injury report will be out shortly. Week 17 he didn't practice because of his calf so the assumption is this is the same today.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 02:19 PM
Watkins may stay in KC this offseason, though.

Nobody is going to offer him money, and we may be able to keep him for pennies.

No amount of money is worth it for a guy that might play 6 or 7 games a season.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 02:24 PM
No amount of money is worth it for a guy that might play 6 or 7 games a season.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 02:30 PM

Not enough.

ForeverIowan
01-13-2021, 02:32 PM
OBJ? Wth? Are we talking about the guy that is sitting in bed right now because he blew up his leg?

The guy that couldn't get open all season before he hurt his leg?

The guy that takes plays off, doesn't block, talks shit constantly, about his own team and coaches if you don't force-feed him the ball?

That OBJ?

Hard pass.

Thats the one. Listen, if Sammy balls out in the playoffs forget it and bring him back for a 3 peat. If not, time to freaking move on. I'll throw the dice on an OBJ with something to prove if the contract is right. Cant be any worse in regards to availability than Sammy that past several years. If not, like I said, draft Watkins' replacement in the first round. Keep surrounding Pat with weapons.

All of that being said, Watkins better freaking be ready to go Sunday.

Sassy Squatch
01-13-2021, 02:36 PM
Thats the one. Listen, if Sammy balls out in the playoffs forget it and bring him back for a 3 peat. If not, time to freaking move on. I'll throw the dice on an OBJ with something to prove if the contract is right. Cant be any worse in regards to availability than Sammy that past several years. If not, like I said, draft Watkins' replacement in the first round. Keep surrounding Pat with weapons.

Watkins has played in 34 games the past 3 years. OBJ has played in 35.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Not enough.

I agree that Sammy needs to be on the field more, period.

But let's at least be factual. Sammy has played 34 out of a possible 47 regular season games for KC since becoming a Chief. And played 5 out of 5 playoff games.

So it's more accurate to say that Sammy played (including playoffs) 12 games in his first year as a Chief, 15 in his second, and we'll see here in his third.

And in those playoff games, he's amassed 24 catches, for 464 yds, 1 TD, for 19.3 yds/catch. He averages just under 100 yds/game in the playoffs on just 4.8 catches/game, and catches 71% of the passes thrown at him.

And really, that's why he's here. Not to amass regular season numbers, but to put up those kinds of numbers in the playoffs, in the biggest games, against the best defenses in the league. I don't actually care how many catches he gets against DEN in week 6 or whatever.

But yeah, this year was disappointing so far as Sammy was concerned, in the regular season. It wasn't all his fault, but he missed 6 games, period.

EDIT: Sammy has 476 yds in the playoffs as a Chief.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 03:32 PM

Okay, I guess. But even skipping the part where OBJ hasn't played in anymore games than Sammy over the last couple years, OBJ hasn't even played up to his average over that span. And he's not even a good substitute for what Sammy does in KC's offense. He isn't a good run-blocker, he isn't a physically impressive receiver, he's not a good improv player, and he's basically the opposite of a team-first player.

OBJ caught just 54% of passes thrown at him over the last two seasons. Sammy caught nearly 64%. Basically if you force-fed Sammy the ball, he'd out-produce OBJ by several hundred yards/season.

Please explain why Andy would want to see OBJ in Chiefs' red, because I really don't get it.

dirk digler
01-13-2021, 03:39 PM
Injury report is out

https://www.chiefs.com/news/divisional-playoff-injury-report-chiefs-vs-browns

Watkins Calf DNP

O.city
01-13-2021, 03:40 PM
Sammy won't play. If you can't practice after 2 weeks off, you won't be ready in a couple day.s

Good god what a disappointment.

comochiefsfan
01-13-2021, 03:43 PM
Injury report is out

Watkins Calf DNP
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/69052637.jpg

DaFace
01-13-2021, 03:45 PM
Injury report is out

Watkins Calf DNP

Tyreek's not on the list at all. That's good to see.

comochiefsfan
01-13-2021, 03:46 PM

The absolute last thing this locker room needs is Odell Beckham Jr.

Not just no, but Fuck no.

crispystl
01-13-2021, 03:46 PM
Sammy won't play. If you can't practice after 2 weeks off, you won't be ready in a couple day.s

Damn that was my first thought too. I hope we’re wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirk digler
01-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Is there an easy way to embed that because copying and pasting doesn't format right

DaFace
01-13-2021, 03:48 PM
Is there an easy way to embed that because copying and pasting doesn't format right

From Twitter? You click the dots in the upper-right to get the embed code.

Not really any easy way to do it with a random web page like the injury report.

EDIT: I usually just wait until someone does the hard work for us.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> vs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> injury report - Wednesday <a href="https://t.co/A1YFEHAtjZ">pic.twitter.com/A1YFEHAtjZ</a></p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1349476279687524357?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ForeverIowan
01-13-2021, 03:54 PM
Okay, I guess. But even skipping the part where OBJ hasn't played in anymore games than Sammy over the last couple years, OBJ hasn't even played up to his average over that span. And he's not even a good substitute for what Sammy does in KC's offense. He isn't a good run-blocker, he isn't a physically impressive receiver, he's not a good improv player, and he's basically the opposite of a team-first player.

OBJ caught just 54% of passes thrown at him over the last two season. Sammy caught nearly 64%. Basically if you force-fed Sammy the ball, he'd out-produce OBJ by several hundred yards/season.

Please explain why Andy would want to see OBJ in Chiefs' red, because I really don't get it.

There will be plenty of time to discuss offseason roster moves. I hope Sammy goes wild in the playoffs and he's back next year.

That being said, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Reid has engineered this offense to maximize the skill set of his players. I agree Watkins and OBJ have very different strengths. Rosters change and Reid is one of the best offensive minds ever. He will tailor his offense accordingly.

You wana compare completion percentage to a guy playing with Patrick Mahomes and has Andy Reid dialing up the plays as compared to Baker Mayfield and a total mess of an organization in the Browns? Cmon.

Hopefully the next three games go according to script and Watkins does work. If not, I'm just saying I think OBJ could be a name on the board. Itd be nice to use our high draft picks to continue to get younger and faster on defense in lieu of spending another 1st on a skill position player.

OKchiefs
01-13-2021, 03:59 PM

Relax. It's the first practice of the week. There's plenty of times throughout the season where injured players don't practice to start the week but get a walkthrough in by Friday and are able to play on Sunday.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 04:07 PM
There will be plenty of time to discuss offseason roster moves. I hope Sammy goes wild in the playoffs and he's back next year.

That being said, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Reid has engineered this offense to maximize the skill set of his players. I agree Watkins and OBJ have very different strengths. Rosters change and Reid is one of the best offensive minds ever. He will tailor his offense accordingly.

You wana compare completion percentage to a guy playing with Patrick Mahomes and has Andy Reid dialing up the plays as compared to Baker Mayfield and a total mess of an organization in the Browns? Cmon.

Hopefully the next three games go according to script and Watkins does work. If not, I'm just saying I think OBJ could be a name on the board. Itd be nice to use our high draft picks to continue to get younger and faster on defense in lieu of spending another 1st on a skill position player.

No, you're right. We shouldn't run down this rabbit hole right now.

Btw, you can actually look at the entirety of their respective careers, OBJ with NYG/CLE, vs. Sammy with BUF/LAR/KC, and Sammy is still the better receiver, in catch%, yds/cth, even games started. And Sammy had Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel and K. Orton throwing to him for most of his time in BUF.

But I'm good with putting this aside for now.

Why Not?
01-13-2021, 04:08 PM

I missed the play Berry made to clinch our AFC Championship and the huge play he made to fuel our SB comeback. But, otherwise.....sure.

staylor26
01-13-2021, 04:13 PM

Lol it’s Wednesday dude.

If he’s not practicing tomorrow and Friday then sure, but DNP on Wednesday means nothing regardless of whether it’s been a couple weeks or not.

ForeverIowan
01-13-2021, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=Megatron96;15474147]No, you're right. We shouldn't run down this rabbit hole right now.

Btw, you can actually look at the entirety of their respective careers, OBJ with NYG/CLE, vs. Sammy with BUF/LAR/KC, and Sammy is still the better receiver, in catch%, yds/cth, even games started. And Sammy had Tyrod Taylor, EJ Manuel and K. Orton throwing to him for most of his time in BUF.

But I'm good with putting this aside for now.[/QUOTE

I hear ya. I'm not necessarily saying I think OBJ is the better receiver. That's debatable. I'm just saying if this season goes south you have to make some changes to the roster and invigorate some energy into that locker room. Id think WR2 would potentially be the first place they look considering the contract situation there.

Sammy is gonna wreck shit yet again in the playoffs. I love where we stand. Moot point at the moment.

Kman34
01-13-2021, 04:52 PM

SFC.. He’ll play...

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 05:30 PM

Unfortunately, Watkins and OBJ have the same weakness. Inability to stay healthy.

We need guys that can be on the field. Period.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 05:34 PM
I agree that Sammy needs to be on the field more, period.

But let's at least be factual. Sammy has played 34 out of a possible 47 regular season games for KC since becoming a Chief. And played 5 out of 5 playoff games.

So it's more accurate to say that Sammy played (including playoffs) 12 games in his first year as a Chief, 15 in his second, and we'll see here in his third.

And in those playoff games, he's amassed 24 catches, for 464 yds, 1 TD, for 19.3 yds/catch. He averages just under 100 yds/game in the playoffs on just 4.8 catches/game, and catches 71% of the passes thrown at him.

And really, that's why he's here. Not to amass regular season numbers, but to put up those kinds of numbers in the playoffs, in the biggest games, against the best defenses in the league. I don't actually care how many catches he gets against DEN in week 6 or whatever.

But yeah, this year was disappointing so far as Sammy was concerned, in the regular season. It wasn't all his fault, but he missed 6 games, period.

EDIT: Sammy has 476 yds in the playoffs as a Chief.

You can't just say "he'll play in the playoffs" though.

Did Dee Ford not teach people about this? Guys that get banged up all the time eventually are banged up at the wrong time.

You can't keep rolling the dice with a guy like Watkins, eventually he's going to let you down.

Megatron96
01-13-2021, 05:43 PM
You can't just say "he'll play in the playoffs" though.

Did Dee Ford not teach people about this? Guys that get banged up all the time eventually are banged up at the wrong time.

You can't keep rolling the dice with a guy like Watkins, eventually he's going to let you down.

No, you're right, you can't just assume he'll play in the playoffs. And there's no such thing as a pinch/designated WR. Can't just bring him in for the playoffs, or games you want to have him. Simply can't afford that.

All I was saying is that so far in his Chiefs career, his play in the playoffs has been outstanding. If he could be just a little more consistently available, we'd probably keep him another season, period.

But he hasn't been this season, and I really thought he would be, but it is what it is.

Right now, I just hope he can play, if not in this game, then in the AFCCG and the SB.

After that, it's up to Andy and Veach.

htismaqe
01-13-2021, 05:45 PM
No, you're right, you can't just assume he'll play in the playoffs. And there's no such thing as a pinch/designated WR. Can't just bring him in for the playoffs, or games you want to have him. Simply can't afford that.

All I was saying is that so far in his Chiefs career, his play in the playoffs has been outstanding. If he could be just a little more consistently available, we'd probably keep him another season, period.

But he hasn't been this season, and I really thought he would be, but it is what it is.

Right now, I just hope he can play, if not in this game, then in the AFCCG and the SB.

After that, it's up to Andy and Veach.

Absolutely agree, especially with the bolded part.

O.city
01-13-2021, 06:56 PM
Only way I’d think about Odell is if it were a one year prove it deal

DTVietnam
01-13-2021, 07:19 PM

you watch ur tone when talking about Starship 14:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">¡LO HACE VER MUY FÁCIL!<br><br>Mahomes conecta con Sammy Watkins para sepultar las esperanzas de los Titans y poner 3 posesiones de ventaja.<br><br>Todo apunta que estarán en Miami.����������<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/PILVa6BiW2">pic.twitter.com/PILVa6BiW2</a></p>&mdash; FantasyFootballMEX (@FantasyMex) <a href="https://twitter.com/FantasyMex/status/1219027036280360961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sammy Watkins out here bullying Richard Sherman on national television. <a href="https://t.co/EyPAr4pTRk">pic.twitter.com/EyPAr4pTRk</a></p>&mdash; Austin Pendergist (@apthirteen) <a href="https://twitter.com/apthirteen/status/1224162850182025216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs again use motion to set up blocks on the edge. Titans shift right into lead blocks for Watkins and Kelce. Titans blitz middle but Hill is just way to fast. Great downfield cut by Kelce. The Chiefs found the weak spot on Tenn&#39;s edge and attacked it. 6 for KC <a href="https://t.co/8J7MC15LOL">pic.twitter.com/8J7MC15LOL</a></p>&mdash; Caleb James (@CJScoobs) <a href="https://twitter.com/CJScoobs/status/1220109315035541505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sammy Watkins owning Gilmore. <a href="https://t.co/fMJhEOcnc1">pic.twitter.com/fMJhEOcnc1</a></p>&mdash; ArrowheadGuys (@ArrowheadGuys) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadGuys/status/1204490752925065223?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>