PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Do you agree with the play call that got Mahomes concussed?

Deberg_1990
01-17-2021, 06:25 PM
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

Did not like the call at all. Discuss.....

The Franchise
01-17-2021, 06:26 PM
I think you should go fuck yourself and lose your thread starting privileges.

Chris Meck
01-17-2021, 06:27 PM
yeah, we've run it a million times.

You can't play scared.

It was a freak thing.

ThyKingdomCome15
Yes, but I don't agree with Mahomes taking the hit. He's gotta protect himself out there. He's still learning.

BWillie
Not this shit again. Play call was fine. And you know what? We should start running QB sneaks again with Mahomes, too. You can't always be results oriented on shit like this.

comochiefsfan
Freak injury.

Just like the QB sneak last year.

Just one of those things that happens sometimes.

BWillie
01-17-2021, 06:28 PM
Yes, but I don't agree with Mahomes taking the hit. He's gotta protect himself out there.

I mean, he usually does. Watch other QBs and watch Mahomes. Mahomes rarely takes hits unless....it's the playoffs like last year when he took quite a few. But in the regular season Mahomes really gives himself up more than other QBs. I remember Trent Green didn't even know how to slide lol

penguinz
01-17-2021, 06:28 PM
This was all on Mahomes making the wrong decision on the RPO. Should have tossed off to Williams.

ChiefsCountry
01-17-2021, 06:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUQT97SU4AEQLnD.png

Ghost of Maslowski
01-17-2021, 06:30 PM
i'd have had less of a problem with it if we couldn't already see him limping around from whatever happened to his foot earlier in the game

the guy is the franchise and if he's already got a bad wheel then you need to come up with something better than that

rico
01-17-2021, 06:30 PM
No I don’t agree with it, I think they should have impaled Mack Wilson on the spot.

T-post Tom
01-17-2021, 06:31 PM
Not sure why you wouldn’t call a run play with a RB there? I think the next play D Williams picked up 12 on a 4th and 1.

General consensus might be somewhat different if the Chiefs had lost this game. And I am so fucking happy that they didn’t.

TEX
i'd have had less of a problem with it if we couldn't already see him limping around from whatever happened to his foot earlier in the game

the guy is the franchise and if he's already got a bad wheel then you need to come up with something better than that

This is my take also.

AussieChiefsFan
A questionable decision bbb Patty to take that one himself. But there's also no way to predict a freak concussion like that. It was a low speed tackle too so you wouldn't expect anything was going to go wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

Kman34
01-17-2021, 06:33 PM
This was all on Mahomes making the wrong decision on the RPO. Should have tossed off to Williams.

Patrick decided to keep the ball.. I have no problem with the play call.. Could have easily happened on any drop back pass..Football players get injured. Just glad it wasn't worse..

loochy
01-17-2021, 06:34 PM
Yes, it was the right play. We use it all the time and it works.

threebag
I think you should go fuck yourself and lose your thread starting privileges.

I think you have DeBerg and Dhlphag mixed up.

Pitt Gorilla
OP would have hated the 4th down call if it "didn't work."

penguinz
01-17-2021, 06:37 PM
Patrick decided to keep the ball.. I have no problem with the play call.. Could have easily happened on any drop back pass..Football players get injured. Just glad it wasn't worse..

And that was the wrong decision. Exactly what I stated. He doesn’t make the wrong decision often but this was a big one.

Cosmos
01-17-2021, 06:37 PM
Prefer that call around the goal line, like where points depend on it.

Not so much elsewhere.

penguinz
01-17-2021, 06:38 PM
OP would have hated the 4th down call if it "didn't work."

OP probably is scared to leave his house if there is a chance of a cloud within 100 miles.

TinyEvel
01-17-2021, 06:39 PM
I still can't see where he hit his head on anything. Not the other player. Not the other helmet. Not even the ground.

It was more like a neck-wrenching sleeper hold. He even was sort of gently brought (pried) down, but that's slo-mo.

I mean, his forehead may have hit the ground, its just barely out of frame in the replay. But in real-time it looks like it comes down pretty quickly, but no bounce or anything. I wonder if it was more like a whiplash?

I mean, isn't a concussion caused by your head getting jarred? Its your brain jiggling around in the cerebral fluid? So really, any sudden change in direction or stop in momentum could do it, you don't really have to HIT it on anything?

Tribal Warfare
And that was the wrong decision. Exactly what I stated. He doesn’t make the wrong decision often but this was a big one.

Who made the call Bieniemy or Reid

dannybcaitlyn
That play was just thrown out the playbook just like the sneak was.

Dartgod
01-17-2021, 06:41 PM
Of course. We scored our first TD on the same play call and no one complained then.

Why is this even a question?

penguinz
01-17-2021, 06:42 PM
Who made the call Bieniemy or Reid

It doesn’t matter. It was not a bad call. It was a bad decision by Mahomes.

ForeverIowan
01-17-2021, 06:43 PM
Remove the freaking Mahomes running plays on 3rd and 4th and short from your playbook unless the damn Super Bowl is on the line! Especially when you are up TWO scores against the damn Browns and dominating the damn game. Mahomes' health is priority #1. Spare me the oh well its football injuries happen BS! Reid is one of the most imaginative play callers ever. We don't need to be running the freaking speed option with our MVP QB. Period. So unnecessary.

Tribal Warfare
It doesn’t matter. It was not a bad call. It was a bad decision by Mahomes.

That was the call like it was in the SB too

KC_Connection
They've run the same play hundreds of times, so no, I don't.

I do think as he ages, we'll probably have to cut this kind of stuff out a bit though.

KC_Connection
01-17-2021, 06:44 PM
I still can't see where he hit his head on anything. Not the other player. Not the other helmet. Not even the ground.

It was more like a neck-wrenching sleeper hold. He even was sort of gently brought (pried) down, but that's slo-mo.

I mean, his forehead may have hit the ground, its just barely out of frame in the replay. But in real-time it looks like it comes down pretty quickly, but no bounce or anything. I wonder if it was more like a whiplash?

I mean, isn't a concussion caused by your head getting jarred? Its your brain jiggling around in the cerebral fluid? So really, any sudden change in direction or stop in momentum could do it, you don't really have to HIT it on anything?

The concussion came from the whiplash effect IMO (which can and does happen in rear end car accidents for example). You can see his body going the opposite direction of where his neck is getting pulled by the defender and he appears to get knocked immediately after that.

Beef Supreme
01-17-2021, 06:45 PM
I hate that we can't just line up and get enough push to get a yard with a running back when we need it. But since we can't, that play sucks less than some of the other trick-ass shit they have tried.

RealSNR
01-17-2021, 06:50 PM
Some people...

Mahomes gets a head injury. People think they shouldn’t have run the play because he had a gimpy toe.

Uhhh what?

DTVietnam
01-17-2021, 06:51 PM
Good play call..we've had big success with it since Mahomes came here. .

shit happens..

pugsnotdrugs19
01-17-2021, 06:54 PM
It’s football, stinks but it can happen to him dropping back to pass too.

I for one don’t think they should never sneak either, but I get why they don’t. But a play like today, you can’t just not run the football at all. It’s part of his game.

KingPriest2
01-17-2021, 06:55 PM
If you go back and look. He didn’t hit his head. Look like he got choked out

I agree with it. It’s football.

Megatron96
Call was fine. Pat got taken down in a weird way.

/thread.

mlyonsd
Some people...

Mahomes gets a head injury. People think they shouldn’t have run the play because he had a gimpy toe.

Uhhh what?The concussion has nothing to do with it. I think it was a dumb play call running an option with a hobbled QB already knowing you were going to go for it on 4th down.

penguinz
01-17-2021, 06:58 PM
The concussion has nothing to do with it. I think it was a dumb play call running an option with a hobbled QB already knowing you were going to go for it on 4th down.

Wrong. The only dumb thing was Mahomes kept it instead of pitching to Williams.

rabblerouser
01-17-2021, 06:59 PM
The concussion has nothing to do with it. I think it was a dumb play call running an option with a hobbled QB already knowing you were going to go for it on 4th down.

This.

dlphg9
01-17-2021, 06:59 PM
I think you have DeBerg and Dhlphag mixed up.

Not sure why you're so obsessed with me? I'm not even sure the last time I've interacted with you.

Redbled
01-17-2021, 07:00 PM

This. And if you already know you are going on 4th just run up the middle twice. Even we can get that with Williams.

wazu
01-17-2021, 07:02 PM
Honestly I've been okay with us running that play because Mahomes is so good at it, but we need to stop. Mahomes is too important, and even though he's great running the ball his biggest value is far and away his passing ability. No more.

bobbything
01-17-2021, 07:04 PM
I hate the starter of this thread.

Jewish Rabbi
01-17-2021, 07:04 PM
Honestly I've been okay with us running that play because Mahomes is so good at it, but we need to stop. Mahomes is too important, and even though he's great running the ball his biggest value is far and away his passing ability. No more.

NO QB SNEAKS!! NO OPTION PLAYS!! NO 5 STEP DROPS BECAUSE HE THREW AN INTERCEPTION ONE TIME!!

Ming the Merciless
01-17-2021, 07:07 PM
was the name was toss65ConcussOurQb

PHOG
01-17-2021, 07:09 PM
I suppose that PMII has different thoughts, he's probably ready to go right now.

Suck it Bills

wazu
01-17-2021, 07:10 PM
NO QB SNEAKS!! NO OPTION PLAYS!! NO 5 STEP DROPS BECAUSE HE THREW AN INTERCEPTION ONE TIME!!

Not what I'm saying at all. I think we should do QB sneaks. But running the option is different. That's a play that used to be completely out of the NFL because NFL QBs are too valuable. Then more running QBs started using it and it spread. I get that Mahomes is good at it, but it's miniscule in importance compared to him staying healthy and being able to execute our passing game.

ChiTown
01-17-2021, 07:11 PM
I hate the starter of this thread.

Somewhere, a bag a dicks are waiting to be sucked by DeBerg.

RealSNR
01-17-2021, 07:16 PM

Go with the successful play you've run dozens of times in the past, gimpy QB or no gimpy QB.

His toe isn't going to get fucked up any more than it would him running away from pressure. If you're that concerned about Mahomes' health with that toe, then he should have been sidelined the rest of the game when he got gimped up.

It's fucking football.

seamonster
01-17-2021, 07:17 PM
Moronic play. He's a 500Mil face of the league. Not a 4th string backup. Lowering the shoulder and pretending to be a goal line RB ended the career of Cam. And Cam's got about 80 pounds on Mahomes. I've been saying this since last year. Mahomes has taken way too many hits.

kcjayhawks5
01-17-2021, 07:20 PM
It was a freak thing just like the QB sneak in Denver. Here’s to hoping Patrick is a go for the Bills.

mlyonsd
01-17-2021, 07:30 PM
Go with the successful play you've run dozens of times in the past, gimpy QB or no gimpy QB.

His toe isn't going to get ****ed up any more than it would him running away from pressure. If you're that concerned about Mahomes' health with that toe, then he should have been sidelined the rest of the game when he got gimped up.

It's ****ing football.
It has nothing to do with Pat and the Chiefs. I don't like running a sideways play with a hobbled QB on 3rd and 1 when you know you're going to go for it on 4th down anyway. It's one yard you need with two plays. I thought that's what we brought Bell in for.

cosmo20002
01-17-2021, 07:41 PM

They really should have the thumbs available on the OP.

Dartgod
01-17-2021, 07:48 PM
Has it escaped everyone's attention that the first TD we scored was the exact same play? Where was the outrage then?

suzzer99
01-17-2021, 08:01 PM
I know if we score after the INT the game is basically over and we wouldn't be running risky plays with Mahomes. We just can't seem to finish team's off this year when we have the chance.

scho63
01-17-2021, 08:04 PM
Mahomes did NOT get a concussion!

He got choked out with a sleeper hold and yanked neck. Head never hit ground. Twisted hard like he was at a chiropractor with the arm of the defender across his throat.

BWillie
01-17-2021, 08:05 PM
Moronic play. He's a 500Mil face of the league. Not a 4th string backup. Lowering the shoulder and pretending to be a goal line RB ended the career of Cam. And Cam's got about 80 pounds on Mahomes. I've been saying this since last year. Mahomes has taken way too many hits.

No he hasn't. Mahomes plays like a complete softie on scrambles in the reg season. In fact, I don't think Ive ever seen a QB take less hits than Mahomes. Hes always sliding or going out of bounds in the regular season but in the playoffs he dont give a fuck and plays to win the game as he should. Champion.

Rain Man
01-17-2021, 08:08 PM
No issue at all with the playcall. It's the playoffs, and Mahomes options are almost unstoppable.

My only issue is that he had the toe thing, but in the halftime interview Andy said that it wasn't enough of an injury to change his playcalling.

jerryaldini
01-17-2021, 08:08 PM
Seems like injury risk is greater on that play than a sneak. How often do QBs get injured on sneaks? Wish we could go back to it.

Demonpenz
01-17-2021, 08:11 PM

run the option with a 500 billion player and bad toe he hasn't looked good running all day. No don't agree. I am with it being a football play. He could have been sacked and hurt.

Monticore
01-17-2021, 08:15 PM
Reid probably told pay to make sure he tosses but pat is way too competitive

wazu
01-17-2021, 08:17 PM
Has it escaped everyone's attention that the first TD we scored was the exact same play? Where was the outrage then?

Non-existent. I'm as guilty as Andy at being happy with the result, even if during the play I always hold my breath. We can win without having Mahomes take on linebackers as a running back.

rabblerouser
01-17-2021, 08:18 PM
If you go back and look. He didn’t hit his head. Look like he got choked out

I agree with it. It’s football.

I thought he should've pitched the ball. Wasn't necessarily the call, it's PMII's decision to keep it...

Sorce
01-17-2021, 09:07 PM

https://i.imgur.com/MpA1rBA.jpg

Azide22
01-17-2021, 10:56 PM
No, I dont. Bad toe. Nuf said.

Baby Lee
01-18-2021, 07:05 AM

No way I can even try to speak authoritatively on this, but to my eye it reminded me of problems I almost ALWAYS had with my feet in sports.

Whether it was soccer or basketball, I was constantly susceptible to 'tweaking' something in the structure, and then it would be painful but not debilitating.

I'd twist my ankle a bit on a rebound, or bruise my arch or buckle my toe on a kick, and when I was just concentrating on walking around it would hurt like hell, but when I was concentrating on playing, the pain would be suppressed. I don't know if it's a circulation thing or a nerve thing, but if you had time to process the pain, it would be painful, but if you focused on performing the muscle and ligament structures would still be fine.

That's clearly a rosy scenario, based on hope observing from the outside. But I spent years and years as the guy who limped around wincing between plays, then played just fine when the ball was back in play.

Red Dawg
01-18-2021, 08:05 AM
I don't like it.

Marcellus
01-18-2021, 09:02 AM
Kind of hard to make the option play work unless the QB is involved.

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2021, 09:22 AM
No he hasn't. Mahomes plays like a complete softie on scrambles in the reg season. In fact, I don't think Ive ever seen a QB take less hits than Mahomes. Hes always sliding or going out of bounds in the regular season but in the playoffs he dont give a **** and plays to win the game as he should. Champion.

The qb who takes the least hits is Derek carr. I've never seen a qb slide right before the sticks on third downs the way he does. No wonder his teammates think the guys a sissy.

Danguardace
01-18-2021, 09:29 AM
I am not being a hypocrite but whether it's Pat or Josh Allen or Baker I see too many designed run for QBs, guys that are now taking up more and more % of the cap. How many designed runs Brady/Brees ran over the last 20 years?

louie aguiar
01-18-2021, 09:32 AM
I am not being a hypocrite but whether it's Pat or Josh Allen or Baker I see too many designed run for QBs, guys that are now taking up more and more % of the cap. How many designed runs Brady/Brees ran over the last 20 years?

Brady is great at the qb sneak. He just scored yesterday running it in.

Danguardace
01-18-2021, 09:40 AM
Brady is great at the qb sneak. He just scored yesterday running it in.
I get you but not the same as running against uncontested Lineman

FloridaMan88
01-18-2021, 10:20 AM
The Chiefs have struggled (relatively) all season with 3rd and 1 or 2 yard situations because they are not built to just run the ball up the middle when the defense is expecting run.

Obviously the traditional QB sneak is out of the question, so the QB option play is the type of high % play the Chiefs should run to convert.

Mahomes generally is good at avoiding big hits when he runs... in this case he didn't see the defender coming... it happens.

emaw1979
01-18-2021, 10:32 AM
Yes. It's been a great play for them. It was an awkward and dangerous tackle. You shouldn't be able to tackle by the neck.

kcpasco
01-18-2021, 10:39 AM
It’s time to draft fatties.

nychief
01-18-2021, 10:42 AM
A FUCKING OPTION?! No I don't agree... and they better fucking start protecting Pat or we are going to have Steve Young brain on our hands. They learned their lesson with the QB sneaks... fucking learn from this.

Megatron96
01-18-2021, 11:04 AM

Are you serious? You do know that Brady can't actually run, right?

And Brees ran in his younger days. Hell, just two years ago we watched him run an option to help secure a win.

People need to wash the sand out of their vags right before kickoff. Start fresh. Take a pill.

Red Dawg
01-18-2021, 11:05 AM
The option should go. Mahomes is too valuable. It's a stupid play call.

CoMoChief
01-18-2021, 11:06 AM
I agree with it.

Mahomes is a football player.

It was a freak kind of incident.

He wasn't knocked into next week...he was choked out...which is weird.

Katie
01-18-2021, 11:21 AM
Yes. It's been a great play for them. It was an awkward and dangerous tackle. You shouldn't be able to tackle by the neck.

Exactly.

FloridaMan88
01-18-2021, 11:25 AM
The option should go. Mahomes is too valuable. It's a stupid play call.

So no traditional QB sneak, no QB option/roll out plays to help the Chiefs in short yardage situations when their weak interior offensive line gets exposed with the inability to line up and run the ball.

And people will wonder why the Chiefs struggle on 3rd and 1 or 2 yards. :shake:

Megatron96
01-18-2021, 11:47 AM
So no traditional QB sneak, no QB option/roll out plays to help the Chiefs in short yardage situations when their weak interior offensive line gets exposed with the inability to line up and run the ball.

And people will wonder why the Chiefs struggle on 3rd and 1 or 2 yards. :shake:

No deep drops either.

Basically these donkeys want to re-hire Marty.

Hell, while we're at it, since we are going to go full-on "let's treat the QB like a china doll," we should trade Patrick for Alex asap. Then at least we'd have good reason to treat him like a piece of glass.

philfree
01-18-2021, 11:50 AM
I'm surprised there isn't a gif of the play posted in a header. From looking at a video on youtube it looks like he takes a helmet to the top the back of his shoulder just below the neck. But the defender also wraps his arm around his neck and attempts to pull his head off. Why that's not a penalty I don't know. That guy came with intent to injure. Was it the helmet or the arm around the neck that caused the trauma?

philfree
01-18-2021, 11:54 AM
They had the pitch man covered so Mahomes had no choice but to keep the ball.

Tom_A_Hawk
01-18-2021, 11:57 AM
They had the pitch man covered so Mahomes had no choice but to keep the ball.

agree...Mahomes could have tried to slide but that doesn't seem his style

RunKC
01-18-2021, 12:27 PM
Andy needs to make this a rare call and just run the ****ing ball. Hell use Kelce on those designed plays too.

It doesn’t matter whether Patrick was knocked out or choked out, his eyes were glazed and he couldn’t even stand up.

It’s still trauma and it’s still a very bad idea, especially now. Look no further than Luke Keuchly and what a handful of traumatic experiences like that did to him.

Don’t think anyone needs a reminder that Patrick is a half a billion dollar investment, so maybe treat him like one.

cosmo20002
01-18-2021, 12:44 PM
Mahomes did NOT get a concussion!

He got choked out with a sleeper hold and yanked neck. Head never hit ground. Twisted hard like he was at a chiropractor with the arm of the defender across his throat.

LMAO

cosmo20002
01-18-2021, 12:50 PM
No way I can even try to speak authoritatively on this, but to my eye it reminded me of problems I almost ALWAYS had with my feet in sports.

Whether it was soccer or basketball, I was constantly susceptible to 'tweaking' something in the structure, and then it would be painful but not debilitating.

I'd twist my ankle a bit on a rebound, or bruise my arch or buckle my toe on a kick, and when I was just concentrating on walking around it would hurt like hell, but when I was concentrating on playing, the pain would be suppressed. I don't know if it's a circulation thing or a nerve thing, but if you had time to process the pain, it would be painful, but if you focused on performing the muscle and ligament structures would still be fine.

That's clearly a rosy scenario, based on hope observing from the outside. But I spent years and years as the guy who limped around wincing between plays, then played just fine when the ball was back in play.

:facepalm:LMAO

FloridaMan88
01-18-2021, 12:57 PM
Maybe the Chiefs should consider drafting a Taysom Hill gadget-type player who can come in and run QB sneaks or option plays when needed if they are now eliminated from the playbook for Mahomes.

The Chiefs have struggled in short yardage situations this year and those type of plays have helped them.

Gary Cooper
01-18-2021, 01:13 PM
Why have Sherman on the roster if we never run behind the fullback? I know this isn't 1995, but still.

crayzkirk
01-18-2021, 01:28 PM
Watched a video of a doctor who specializes in head trauma. Shows that Patrick exhibits the classic fencing response (rigid limbs) which occurs during a brain injury. The issue isn't the contact with the ground, it's the sudden de-acceleration which causes the brain to hit the inside of the skull. It doesn't look like much however the video shows how his head is pulled down violently and then stops suddenly.

I really want him to be okay however if it would affect his health, he should not play.

Remember what it was like at 25... 50feet tall and bulletproof. Plus these athletes have been trusting their coaches their entire lives.

Megatron96
01-18-2021, 01:51 PM
Watched a video of a doctor who specializes in head trauma. Shows that Patrick exhibits the classic fencing response (rigid limbs) which occurs during a brain injury. The issue isn't the contact with the ground, it's the sudden de-acceleration which causes the brain to hit the inside of the skull. It doesn't look like much however the video shows how his head is pulled down violently and then stops suddenly.

I really want him to be okay however if it would affect his health, he should not play.

Remember what it was like at 25... 50feet tall and bulletproof. Plus these athletes have been trusting their coaches their entire lives.

You know that they have actual doctors on the field, right? That the team employs the best doctors they can find to care for the players?

Marcellus
01-18-2021, 01:54 PM
Watched a video of a doctor who specializes in head trauma. Shows that Patrick exhibits the classic fencing response (rigid limbs) which occurs during a brain injury.

Just like this?

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-96df8b932a4dd99f4289c7245f9e568a

crayzkirk
01-18-2021, 03:25 PM
Just like this?

Just posting my opinion from a source that sounds rational. I'm not a doctor. I don't want it to be true, I want Patrick to be healthy and play.

Marcellus
01-18-2021, 03:26 PM
Just posting my opinion from a source that sounds rational. I'm not a doctor. I don't want it to be true, I want Patrick to be healthy and play.

I was just pointing out the same thing happens with the carotid shock thing.

crayzkirk
01-18-2021, 04:48 PM
I was just pointing out the same thing happens with the carotid shock thing.

Yeah, I saw that. I watched the video again and the individual also went into a detailed description of Dirty Dan and targeting. I think there might be a bit of bias showing through as well.

eDave
01-18-2021, 04:51 PM

No FUD, please.

New World Order
01-18-2021, 04:52 PM
If he was healthy, yes.

If he already has a hurt toe, no.

Imon Yourside
01-18-2021, 05:13 PM
yeah, we've run it a million times.

You can't play scared.

It was a freak thing.

Yes once you start playing scared, then them injuries happen.

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 06:43 PM
Why have Sherman on the roster if we never run behind the fullback? I know this isn't 1995, but still.

I agree that it's baffling.

ChiefsFanatic
01-18-2021, 06:53 PM
You know that they have actual doctors on the field, right? That the team employs the best doctors they can find to care for the players?I lost consciousness by having my neck compressed in the exact same way that Mahomes' neck was compressed. It does disoriented you, but the "fencing response" BS also happens when you lose consciousness without a concussion.

I am not saying that Mahomes isn't technically concussed, but I believe that it would be secondary to a possible neck injury as far as keeping him off the field next Sunday.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Megatron96
01-18-2021, 06:58 PM
I lost consciousness by having my neck compressed in the exact same way that Mahomes' neck was compressed. It does disoriented you, but the "fencing response" BS also happens when you lose consciousness without a concussion.

I am not saying that Mahomes isn't technically concussed, but I believe that it would be secondary to a possible neck injury as far as keeping him off the field next Sunday.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

He could have some kind of neck injury; there was a lot of torque involved in that incident. But he wasn't concussed. Literally didn't hit his head on anything hard enough, and his head didn't even accelerate/decelerate fast enough to induce one. Whether it was the defender's forearm or the lower edge of Mahomes' helmet, something compressed the side of his neck hard enough to hit the "bingo" button, and the lights went out for a couple seconds.