PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

cmh6476
01-17-2021, 05:11 PM
They're pretty good

Bearcat
01-18-2021, 08:04 PM
Trolls are contained in the Romper Room.

Talk about the Bills, take 2.

Go.

Boxer_Chief
01-18-2021, 08:06 PM
Thanks Bearcat!

Halfcan
01-18-2021, 08:06 PM
The Bills are the team nobody wants to face-LOL

Megatron96
01-18-2021, 08:08 PM
:thumb:

Mostly because of Dq I no longer am interested in a competitive game with BUF. I hope that the Bills team that played BAL so poorly is the one we get on Sunday, so we just simply annihilate them for three quarters. It would be great if Andy had a reason to punish them, but the HC is a friend of his, I guess that's out of the question.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2021, 08:09 PM
Thank you for doing this.

It was getting old sifting through the other thread to find actual intelligent discourse regarding football on the field.

Appreciate it!

Frazod
01-18-2021, 08:09 PM
Quality flush. :thumb:

Why Not?
01-18-2021, 08:10 PM
Bad matchup for the Bills. They can't run at all. We can gash them with the run and once again, Kelce will eat.

The Franchise
01-18-2021, 08:11 PM
I hope we destroy them and crush another fanbase on our way to another trophy.

tredadda
01-18-2021, 08:12 PM
Bills are a good team. You don't make the AFCCG without being good. KC should win the game unless they turn it over too many times. In some ways they are the polar opposite of Baltimore. If they commit to running and do it well it should be a close game.

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-18-2021, 08:14 PM
Take away Diggs and what can Josh Allen do, honestly?

Make him win by throwing it to someone else.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 08:15 PM
Bad matchup for the Bills. They can't run at all. We can gash them with the run and once again, Kelce will eat.

If you look deeper you'd see this isn't actually the case. Pittsburgh can't run...they average 3.6 YPC. Bills RBs average 4.5 YPC which is slightly above average. Also had 2 games with close to 200 yards rushing against the Chargers and Patriots.

I think the more accurate statement would be the Bills are disinterested in running.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2021, 08:17 PM
Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis are solid receivers but they’re not game breakers like Diggs.

Beasley you especially need to watch closely on 3rd down.

tredadda
01-18-2021, 08:18 PM
If you look deeper you'd see this isn't actually the case. Pittsburgh can't run...they average 3.6 YPC. Bills RBs average 4.5 YPC which is slightly above average. Also had 2 games with close to 200 yards rushing against the Chargers and Patriots.

I think the more accurate statement would be the Bills are disinterested in running.

How much of that is because of the threat of the pass? Lighter boxes mean fewer defenders to stop the run at the LOS.

Megatron96
Bills are a good team. You don't make the AFCCG without being good. KC should win the game unless they turn it over too many times. In some ways they are the polar opposite of Baltimore. If they commit to running and do it well it should be a close game.

this in a nutshell.

BAL doesn't really have a passing attack, but can run the ball and they have a good defense, that can get after the QB.

BUF has a top-10 passing attack (sometimes when the weather is good/harness-less/Mars is in the 11th House), but no run game really, and their defense is good vs. the pass, but not against the run, and they have trouble getting to the passer.

If you could take these two teams and meld them together, you'd get a really good football team. Josh Allen at QB, Lamar at HB, Diggs/Beasley/Brown at WR, Andrews at TE and so on . . .

SupDock
Sweet!

Thanks for doing the Lord's work

Why Not?
01-18-2021, 08:19 PM

Fair. But same ultimate result. And even if the Bills do run, Singletary and Yeldon ain't exactly Chubb and Hunt. I just don't think the Bills have the personnel to take advantage of where we are weak. Diggs is going to have to go nuclear (possible, he's legit great) for the offense to be able to move with much ease.

tredadda
01-18-2021, 08:19 PM
Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis are solid receivers but they’re not game breakers like Diggs.

Beasley you especially need to watch closely on 3rd down.

I think KC needs to put Breeland (if he plays) and shadow safety help to contain Diggs while putting Sneed on Beasley.

Why Not?
01-18-2021, 08:23 PM
I think KC needs to put Breeland (if he plays) and shadow safety help to contain Diggs while putting Sneed on Beasley.

That's a misuse of Sneed, IMO. Beasley is not 100%. Word is, he's playing through a torn meniscus. Ward or Fenton (if he's back) can handle Beasley. Sneed has the athleticism and short area burst to hang with Diggs. He'll still need safety help but I'd rather go best with best. Let Breeland handle Brown and Badger/Thornhill/DD can worry about the rest. Bills do not have a TE that needs to be an area of concern.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 08:23 PM
Take away Diggs and what can Josh Allen do, honestly?

Make him win by throwing it to someone else.

Sounds good in theory but don't you think Baltimore, Indy and pretty much every other team tried this too? There is a reason he had 127 catches and over 1500 yards and led the NFL in both receptions and yards. It would be like saying teams should take away Kelce. They try. It doesn't work.

There are scheme adjustments they can make which make it nearly impossible for a team to truly take him out...namely they run a lot of deep overs with him that means the CB is in a trail position underneath him and the safety is having to try and run from the other side of the field to catch him and Allen's ball placement on those throws is usually perfect out in front of him.

Additionally when Allen escapes the pocket(like Mahomes does a lot) zone coverages tend to break down and the Bills WR are very good at finding the holes in the zones, many times sitting down or even drifting slightly inside where Allen uses his arm to make throws that would be major no-no's for other QB's(like Mahomes does).

Mecca
01-18-2021, 08:26 PM
These years are about skating demons, the Bills are yet another one that needs torn down.

joethomas
01-18-2021, 08:26 PM
I think we match up well with the Bills. Obviously we need our defense to play well but they have been playing well. Chubb got outrun by Darrel Williams. They made Mayfield look completely ordinary. There was no rust there to speak of. Andy really had them pegged earlier this year when we ran the ball down their throats to a comfortable win.

Obviously anything can happen, but I feel pretty confident.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 08:28 PM
Fair. But same ultimate result. And even if the Bills do run, Singletary and Yeldon ain't exactly Chubb and Hunt. I just don't think the Bills have the personnel to take advantage of where we are weak. Diggs is going to have to go nuclear (possible, he's legit great) for the offense to be able to move with much ease.

Much like we shouldn't with Mahomes, don't discount Allen's legs. He was our leading rusher against Indy with 54 yards and he has had a couple of 100 yard rushing games earlier in his career.

Do Chiefs play man on zone mostly? Allen's big runs usually come when teams play man and turn their back on him...he is typically faster and more athletic than most MLB's and simply runs away from them in the open field and the CB and/or safeties end up having to bring him down, although he has gotten much better with going out of bounds or sliding this year. He would much rather extend plays with his legs and make throws downfield, especially if he escapes to his right...he has made countless 20-30 yard laser throws on the sidelines this year after escaping the pocket to his right. He is pretty good to his left also(that throw against the Patriots running to his left, squaring his hips and stepping back before throwing a laser to Diggs off his backfoot in the endzone for a TD with a defender in his face would have made Mahomes proud), but prefers to go to his right.

TomBarndtsTwin
Sounds good in theory but don't you think Baltimore, Indy and pretty much every other team tried this too? There is a reason he had 127 catches and over 1500 yards and led the NFL in both receptions and yards. It would be like saying teams should take away Kelce. They try. It doesn't work.

There are scheme adjustments they can make which make it nearly impossible for a team to truly take him out...namely they run a lot of deep overs with him that means the CB is in a trail position underneath him and the safety is having to try and run from the other side of the field to catch him and Allen's ball placement on those throws is usually perfect out in front of him.

Additionally when Allen escapes the pocket(like Mahomes does a lot) zone coverages tend to break down and the Bills WR are very good at finding the holes in the zones, many times sitting down or even drifting slightly inside where Allen uses his arm to make throws that would be major no-no's for other QB's(like Mahomes does).

That’s fair, but again, Diggs had 6 catches for 46 yards in the first game against the Chiefs. And that was when we were missing Sneed.

And, yes, I know, weather and harness for Josh, but pretty sure weather will end up being a factor this Sunday as well. Hopefully Josh doesn’t have to put on a harness too. Then you’d REALLY be in trouble.

joethomas
This is another step on our path to being the NFL's bad guys, like the Patriots for so many years, ruining every feel-good story of the year

Boxer_Chief
01-18-2021, 08:30 PM
Beasley looked like he could hardly get out of his breaks Saturday. I don’t think he’s 100% or close to it from what I could tell. Maybe he will be this week, but if not you’ve just got to try to contain Diggs as much as you can. Hold him to 50-80 yards and you’re sitting pretty. He’s Alllen’s 1st, 2nd and 4th read

Mecca
01-18-2021, 08:30 PM
The Ravens proved something we thought all along. Showing Allen things he doesn't expect messes with him. They changed up their D, he was unprepared for it.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 08:31 PM
I haven't seen anything from the Bills that gives me concerns on Sunday. Josh Allen obviously is a better QB than Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson or Phyllis Rivers. He can burn you with both his arm & legs. I still think he plays on a sugar high a lot of the time & I fully expect that to happen on Sunday playing on the road for the Super Bowl. This is the biggest game of his life & I'm sure his nerves will be on edge.

If Mahomes & CEH plays, I expect a game much like the earlier game except I expect the Bills to play the run better which will open up the passing game. The Bills are in a no win position in trying to defend the Chiefs. They can't fully concentrate on either the run or pass. The Bills have no running game except when Allen takes off. Cover Diggs & they have nothing. Spags will gameplan Allen & hold them to less than 20pts & we all know the Bills aren't holding the Chiefs to less than 20pts.

Bring on the Packers!

Bwana
01-18-2021, 08:31 PM
Trolls are contained in the Romper Room.

Talk about the Bills, take 2.

Go.

Yep, it needed to happen. :thumb:

ChiTown
01-18-2021, 08:32 PM
I want Playoff Sammy available for this game. I really hope that calf is healed up and ready to go.

Megatron96
01-18-2021, 08:33 PM

Thing is, KC has already played vs. Diggs twice in the past 18 months or so. We know him pretty well now. And both times Spags managed to keep a lid on him for the most part. Diggs will get some catches and probably even a TD, but that will probably be about it. BUF doesn't have a real TE threat, so our LBs can mostly focus on containing the Bills' RBs, and then it's just dealing with Brown, Beasley and Dawson?

Don't get me wrong, KC will have to play some disciplined defense to pull it off, because they had to the other two times they faced Diggs, but they've already proven they can at least handle the job.

joethomas
01-18-2021, 08:34 PM
We need to just enjoy this time where there are no teams in the AFC with balance in both phases on defense and on offense to go toe to toe with us, it won't always be that way.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 08:34 PM
That’s fair, but again, Diggs had 6 catches for 46 yards in the first game against the Chiefs. And that was when we were missing Sneed.

And, yes, I know, weather and harness for Josh, but pretty sure weather will end up being a factor this Sunday as well. Hopefully Josh doesn’t have to put on a harness too. Then you’d REALLY be in trouble.

I didn't realize they shut him down that well in the first game. It's obvious that Spags knows how to stop him & now with Sneed.... PBJ

notorious
01-18-2021, 08:35 PM
Thank you.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 08:35 PM
I want Playoff Sammy available for this game. I really hope that calf is healed up and ready to go.

That would be an added bonus but I'm not expecting to see him until the Super Bowl.

Mecca
01-18-2021, 08:37 PM

I expect most everyone to go this week.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2021, 08:40 PM
I expect most everyone to go this week.

Don’t think Gay will be quite ready and obviously Mitch is out, but everyone else should be good to go hopefully.

Not sure about Breeland (also in concussion protocol) and who knows with Mr. Glass (aka Sammy).

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 08:40 PM
Beasley looked like he could hardly get out of his breaks Saturday. I don’t think he’s 100% or close to it from what I could tell. Maybe he will be this week, but if not you’ve just got to try to contain Diggs as much as you can. Hold him to 50-80 yards and you’re sitting pretty. He’s Alllen’s 1st, 2nd and 4th read

He isn't, although he said he felt better last week during the week than he did against Indy where he made several key 3rd down conversions and was hobbling walking back to the huddle. He was a non-factor against Baltimore and we really could have used him as he is a big key to us converting 3rd downs so well.

Hoping he can make some plays this week and be a more active part of the gameplan.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 08:42 PM
I didn't realize they shut him down that well in the first game. It's obvious that Spags knows how to stop him & now with Sneed.... PBJ

Allen had him open several times for what would have been some chunk plays and missed by a few inches on the throws...Chiefs did a good job overall but Allen had one of his worst days of the year throwing the ball, missing throws he hasn't missed all year.

tredadda
01-18-2021, 08:44 PM

That's asking for a lot with Watkins.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2021, 08:49 PM
Allen had him open several times for what would have been some chunk plays and missed by a few inches on the throws...Chiefs did a good job overall but Allen had one of his worst days of the year throwing the ball, missing throws he hasn't missed all year.
Except for Saturday, right?

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 08:51 PM
Thing is, KC has already played vs. Diggs twice in the past 18 months or so. We know him pretty well now. And both times Spags managed to keep a lid on him for the most part. Diggs will get some catches and probably even a TD, but that will probably be about it. BUF doesn't have a real TE threat, so our LBs can mostly focus on containing the Bills' RBs, and then it's just dealing with Brown, Beasley and Dawson?

Don't get me wrong, KC will have to play some disciplined defense to pull it off, because they had to the other two times they faced Diggs, but they've already proven they can at least handle the job.

Don't discount the Bills special teams, they are some of the best in the NFL, in all aspects.

notorious
01-18-2021, 08:52 PM
We drew a ref crew that allows a lot of contact in the secondary.

That's going to be huge in a game that's going to have shitty weather.

New World Order
01-18-2021, 08:53 PM

Good. This is the playoffs. Let them play

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 08:53 PM
Don't discount the Bills special teams, they are some of the best in the NFL, in all aspects.

I do like your punter.

notorious
01-18-2021, 08:54 PM
Good. This is the playoffs. Let them play

Agree 1000000%

They should call it like this in the regular season, too.

Matter2003

Weather doesn't look that bad...temps around 40, light winds and 40% chance of showers. Should not have much of an effect other than potential for some ball security issues.

Mecca

We dodged a bullet getting Vinovich who worked our SB, Blakeman has the other game...

notorious
01-18-2021, 08:55 PM
We dodged a bullet getting Vinovich who worked out SB, Blakeman has the other game...

OH MY GOD THAT WAS A CLOSE CALL.

Blakeman can get ****ed by the Chunnel drill.

mr. tegu
01-18-2021, 08:56 PM
Lots of Bills fans are obsessing over Mahomes right now. Not just about is he playing or not, but many seem to be setting it up that he can only play if the Chiefs cheat the system. They are really setting themselves up for the idea that they will have gotten screwed by the league when they lose.

notorious
01-18-2021, 08:57 PM
Lots of Bills fans are obsessing over Mahomes right now. Not just about is he playing or not, but many seem to be setting it up that he can only play if the Chiefs cheat the system. They are really setting themselves up for the idea that they will have gotten screwed by the league when they lose.

They are preconditioned to expect failure.

We used to do that all the time.

DaFace
01-18-2021, 08:57 PM
Lots of Bills fans are obsessing over Mahomes right now. Not just about is he playing or not, but many seem to be setting it up that he can only play if the Chiefs cheat the system. They are really setting themselves up for the idea that they will have gotten screwed by the league when they lose.I don't miss the "making excuses" phase of our Fandom.

Mecca
01-18-2021, 08:58 PM

They lost 4 straight SBs then got stuck with the Pats dynasty, it's easy to see why they have a victim complex.

Their own QB got a concussion last year then played the next week.

AussieChiefsFan
01-18-2021, 08:58 PM

No way the league risks the face of the league developing CTE. They're gonna be as careful with him as they would be with any other player, if not moreso.

arrwheader
01-18-2021, 08:59 PM
We dodged a bullet getting Vinovich who worked our SB, Blakeman has the other game...Said he usually refs the AFC games but this year he isn't. Hmm could it be that Brady is playing nfc this year so he needs to fix that one.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

pugsnotdrugs19
I don't miss the "making excuses" phase of our Fandom.

I don’t know why even a Bills fan would want Mahomes to miss.

If we beat them without Josh Allen, I’d feel like we took a major shortcut. And it wouldn’t feel nearly as good.

New World Order

They have like 3 concussion threads over there LMAO

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:00 PM
[/B]
Except for Saturday, right?

For the conditions he played in I think Allen had a pretty good game overall. Buffalo is one of the windiest cities in the country, so when we say the wind was bad, it's pretty bad. More so than that, the winds swirl in the stadium due to how its designed so the direction of the wind can change from minute to minute.

If you want to bet on him having another game like that I think you might be disappointed. I expect him to play one of his best games of the year. Allen actually is a slightly better road QB than home QB.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2021, 09:00 PM

Well, can you blame them?

They know basically their only chance to win is if Mahomes sits and Henne plays.

They want their pass to the Super Bowl, they don’t care how they get it.

Unfortunately for them, there have already been several times this year a player has been placed in concussion protocol one week and played the very next. The precedent has been set and done several times.

Sorry, Buffalo. You’re getting the Super Bowl MVP. You’re gonna have to really earn it.

mr. tegu
01-18-2021, 09:01 PM

That is exactly my thought. Finding something they can say shouldn’t be occurring to blame the loss on.

mr. tegu
01-18-2021, 09:04 PM

They know basically their only chance to win is if Mahomes sits and Henne plays.

Unfortunately for them, there have already been several times this year a player has been placed in concussion protocol one week and played the very next. The precedent has been set and done several times.

Sorry, Buffalo. You’re getting the Super Bowl MVP. You’re gonna have to really earn it.

I don’t blame them for not wanting Mahomes to play. I can see that either way for what you would want. But it’s the whole narrative being created that Mahomes playing would be a cheating conspiracy that is so odd and shows that victim complex others mentioned.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2021, 09:05 PM
LMAO

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/140315937_717304129158062_2690229938805946660_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=W9-_5DjZlngAX9waa4p&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&oh=4ef6188e095c4c6cd0a646029ab228a1&oe=602D56A7

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:06 PM

I don't think that at all. I think we have a legit shot at winning this game.
I said in the other thread probably 60-40 favoring the Chiefs, but if we win it won't be some flukiness, we will have earned it.

538's model favors the Chiefs 52-48% and says the actual line should be Chiefs -0.5 points.

ESPN's FPI says with Mahomes the Chiefs win 61% of the time, which is pretty close to what I said. It's one game, anything can happen. Over a 7 game series I wouldn't like our chances. In a single game, I feel a little better.

Chiefs are the reigning champs but they are not infallible.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2021, 09:06 PM
For the conditions he played in I think Allen had a pretty good game overall. Buffalo is one of the windiest cities in the country, so when we say the wind was bad, it's pretty bad. More so than that, the winds swirl in the stadium due to how its designed so the direction of the wind can change from minute to minute.

If you want to bet on him having another game like that I think you might be disappointed. I expect him to play one of his best games of the year. Allen actually is a slightly better road QB than home QB.

Bummer for you all that he’ll be playing maybe his whole career in Buffalo, when apparently weather is such an issue for him. First the Kansas City game and now last week. You’d think Buffalo might have considered drafting a QB that was a little less affected by weather conditions.

I guess we can’t all have a Mahomes who balls out in blizzard like conditions.

Hopefully for you all there will be good weather come Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Bearcat
01-18-2021, 09:07 PM
I haven't seen anything from the Bills that gives me concerns on Sunday. Josh Allen obviously is a better QB than Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson or Phyllis Rivers. He can burn you with both his arm & legs. I still think he plays on a sugar high a lot of the time & I fully expect that to happen on Sunday playing on the road for the Super Bowl. This is the biggest game of his life & I'm sure his nerves will be on edge.

If Mahomes & CEH plays, I expect a game much like the earlier game except I expect the Bills to play the run better which will open up the passing game. The Bills are in a no win position in trying to defend the Chiefs. They can't fully concentrate on either the run or pass. The Bills have no running game except when Allen takes off. Cover Diggs & they have nothing. Spags will gameplan Allen & hold them to less than 20pts & we all know the Bills aren't holding the Chiefs to less than 20pts.

Bring on the Packers!

Heading into the playoffs, I thought the Chiefs' biggest threats to repeat were in the NFC (and I think that's still true), but did buy into some of the Bills' hype because teams need to be able to outscore Mahomes... and that of course rules out the Lamar Jackson as well as the Browns' lack of defense, and probably the Titans, etc.

They haven't done anything to change my mind, and if anything I'm probably a bit over confident at this point. I expected them to come down to earth a bit, as the playoffs are just at a different level, but I am wondering about the nerves and potentially what kinds of chances will be taken in order to score as much as possible (a 4th a 3 at midfield, a fake punt, going for two in a situation that makes the Colts wonder WTF they're doing, etc.).

I've thought all of these teams are still a year or two of playoff experience away and perhaps the Bills are the closest to where the Chiefs were in 2018.

You have to be able to outscore the Chiefs, and maybe they can.... while pressuring Mahomes without a blitz.

New World Order
01-18-2021, 09:07 PM
I said in the other thread probably 60-40 favoring the Chiefs, but if we win it won't be some flukiness, we will have earned it.

538's model favors the Chiefs 52-48% and says the actual line should be Chiefs -0.5 points.

ESPN's FPI says with Mahomes the Chiefs win 61% of the time, which is pretty close to what I said. It's one game, anything can happen. Over a 7 game series I wouldn't like our chances. In a single game, I feel a little better.

Not trying to be a douchebag or anything but I think the only team that can possibly beat us is GB.

If you guys had another offensive weapon or had a more balanced approach on offense then maybe. I just feel like Allen and Diggs simply won't be enough.

DaFace
01-18-2021, 09:09 PM

Chiefs are the reigning champs but they are not infallible.Just for the record, 538 is currently assuming Henne is our QB. It oddly doesn't shift things a TON, but it does shift it to about your 60/40.

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 09:09 PM

What do you attribute that to? The weather, the crowds? The buffalo wings vs the barbecue? Don't hold back. I want the truth.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 09:10 PM

Sounds like Chiefs fans before Mahomes.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:11 PM
Bummer for you all that he’ll be playing maybe his whole career in Buffalo, when apparently weather is such an issue for him. First the Kansas City game and now last week. You’d think Buffalo might have considered drafting a QB that was a little less affected by weather conditions.

Well, I guess we will see then. Allen will be just fine, we aren't worried about him.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:12 PM
What do you attribute that to? The weather, the crowds? The buffalo wings vs the barbecue? Don't hold back. I want the truth.

I think he plays more relaxed on the road.

Frazod
01-18-2021, 09:12 PM

Fucking the prom queen is so much better.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2021, 09:13 PM

I agree. If Mahomes plays (which is almost a certainty at this point) and you all DO win, you will absolutely have earned it.

And you are correct that the Chiefs are not infallible and ‘any given Sunday’ and all that, but they are the superior team with the superior QB so you can understand while we’re all noticeably very confident going into this game.

For the record, if the Bills pull off the miracle upset, I will absolutely root for you all in the Super Bowl. You all do deserve to finally win one. Losing 4 in a row must have been brutal. No fanbase deserves that. Well, maybe the Donkos or the Cowboys.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 09:13 PM

You would have thought the Bills organization would have figured out they were drafting a pussy or not. It seems every little thing bothers him. :deevee:

htismaqe
01-18-2021, 09:14 PM
And now Shitter2003 is back but ThaDix is gone again. ROFL

He thinks we're stupid.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 09:14 PM
I think he plays more relaxed on the road.

He probably eats less sugar on the road.

Mecca
01-18-2021, 09:15 PM
Josh Allen to me is a more wild and reckless Roethlisberger.

BigRedChief
01-18-2021, 09:16 PM
Yep, it needed to happen. :thumb:

I tried to get them to just fan trash trash talk “like normal” but they couldn’t stay at that level. They just had to show their ass.

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 09:16 PM

That's not good for the women who choose not to be raped.

TomBarndtsTwin
01-18-2021, 09:17 PM

That’s a fair comparison, although Allen is a little more athletic.

But the Big Rape went to 3 Super Bowls and won 2. I’m pretty sure most Buffalo fans would signup for that with Allen.

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 09:18 PM
****ing the prom queen is so much better.

So I've heard.

The closest I've gotten was her older, much less hot, sister with the same shitty attitude.

Bearcat
01-18-2021, 09:23 PM

Football can be such a weird sport. There are games I feel like the Chiefs are in total control the entire game that end up as one of those "didn't win by enough" games.... the difference between a one possession lead or 4 possession lead can literally be the execution or lack there of on a few third downs, a few untimely penalties, etc.

I'm in the range that the Chiefs would win ~6 or 7 times out of 10. Just like with guessing the Browns were in the ~7-8 range (and now I'd say 8-9 range), leaning towards the potential randomness and of course right now Mahomes' health potentially having an impact.

OTOH, every other AFC team has been disappointing this playoff season, so I can't decide if I'm just buying into the hype.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:24 PM
Not trying to be a douchebag or anything but I think the only team that can possibly beat us is GB.

If you guys had another offensive weapon or had a more balanced approach on offense then maybe. I just feel like Allen and Diggs simply won't be enough.

Don't discount John Brown, he has been a very consistent receiver for us when healthy. He had no real impact the first game playing with a gimpy knee. He can definitely take the top off a defense.

Bearcat
01-18-2021, 09:25 PM
And now Shitter2003 is back but ThaDix is gone again. ROFL

He thinks we're stupid.

Their latest posts are from ISPs in two different cities, so while it's not impossible of course, that would be a very strange workaround to post with two accounts.

tredadda
01-18-2021, 09:25 PM
I don’t know why even a Bills fan would want Mahomes to miss.

If we beat them without Josh Allen, I’d feel like we took a major shortcut. And it wouldn’t feel nearly as good.

We have a SB in recent memory, they have zero. Pretty sure they will take whatever they can get at this point.

htismaqe
01-18-2021, 09:27 PM
Their latest posts are from ISPs in two different cities, so while it's not impossible of course, that would be a very strange workaround to post with two accounts.

They post the exact same shit, right down to the same stats, the same chances of the Bills winning, and in EXACTLY the same writing style.

If it's not the same person, they've got some serious bot shit going on.

Mecca
01-18-2021, 09:28 PM

But the Big Rape went to 3 Super Bowls and won 2. I’m pretty sure most Buffalo fans would signup for that with Allen.

Ben was more heady in the sense he was coached to not throw picks and protect the ball.. Allen is bad with fumbles.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:31 PM

Allen hasn't really been that this year other than a few spots. I feel as if people are simply waiting for him to do something like that so they can jump up and be like "See!! I told you he is still too reckless with the football!!"

QB's like Wilson make bad decisions like throwing a terrible pick 6 and complete 40% of his passes in the playoffs and people just gloss over it like those things happen. Allen makes a throw that a defender gets a hand on they lambast him for throwing into coverage and making a terrible decision.

It is kind of comical how Allen's standard of play needs to be much higher because of what people believed coming out of the draft and what they saw his first year and some of his second and not based on what other QBs around the league are doing.

jhawkinVA
01-18-2021, 09:31 PM
Buffalo is really good. Even with Mahomes, they can absolutely win that game if we turn it over.

Protect the ball, though, and I don't think Buffalo can keep up. That's not a knock on them. It's just a testament to an offense that really can't be stopped if it's executing.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:32 PM

I put him on ignore, so I didn't get a chance to see his idiotic posts to respond to them.

Mecca
01-18-2021, 09:32 PM
Allen hasn't really been that this year other than a few spots. I feel as if people are simply waiting for him to do something like that so they can jump up and be like "See!! I told you he is still too reckless with the football!!"

QB's like Wilson make bad decisions like throwing a terrible pick 6 and complete 40% of his passes in the playoffs and people just gloss over it like those things happen. Allen makes a throw that a defender gets a hand on they lambast him for throwing into coverage and making a terrible decision.

It is kind of comical how Allen's standard of play needs to be much higher because of what people believed coming out of the draft and what they saw his first year and some of his second and not based on what other QBs around the league are doing.

He did it repeatedly in the Rams game...turning his back to the rush, holding the ball in 1 hand while trying to break DL tackles surrounded by others etc.

htismaqe
01-18-2021, 09:35 PM
I put him on ignore, so I didn't get a chance to see his idiotic posts to respond to them.

You put me on ignore, ThaDix? That's not very nice of you.

Also, considering I've made two posts to YOU and you already have me on ignore, that's even more incrimination.

J Diddy

Who cares? He wants a name for himself, to be the champ you got to beat the champ. He's here in 6 days for that opportunity. Do I think Buffalo will win? Not with Patrick, maybe not even with Henne.

Everybody was talking shit about Mahomes. He shut them up. Let's see if Allen can do it.

Matter2003
He did it repeatedly in the Rams game...turning his back to the rush, holding the ball in 1 hand while trying to break DL tackles surrounded by others etc.

He also threw 25% of their entire years passing TDs allowed in 1 game and ran for another.

Bl00dyBizkitz
01-18-2021, 09:36 PM

The problem with that comparison is that the Chiefs are filled to the brim with playmakers that Mahomes will be more than happy to throw to. You double Kelce, we've got Hill. You double both of them, we've got Watkins/Hardman. Or we've got CEH in the flat. Or we could just run it with CEH. Or we run a sweep motion.

I'm not talking bad about Diggs, he's great, but you put Sneed on him with some safety help, and you eliminate the big play, it just makes the game that much harder for Allen. Sure maybe Diggs gets open for some 10-15 yarders and racks up yards, maybe even a TD. But don't sleep on Spags. Force him to throw to his TE's, his 2nd or 3rd options, take away the reliable option when things break down.

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 09:37 PM
The problem with that comparison is that the Chiefs are filled to the brim with playmakers that Mahomes will be more than happy to throw to. You double Kelce, we've got Hill. You double both of them, we've got Watkins/Hardman. Or we've got CEH in the flat. Or we could just run it with CEH. Or we run a sweep motion.

I'm not talking bad about Diggs, he's great, but you put Sneed on him with some safety help, and you eliminate the big play, it just makes the game that much harder for Allen. Sure maybe Diggs gets open for some 10-15 yarders and racks up yards, maybe even a TD. Force him to throw to his TE's, his 2nd or 3rd options, take away the reliable option when things break down.

Is Clyde expected back?

Mecca
01-18-2021, 09:38 PM
He also threw 25% of their entire years passing TDs allowed in 1 game and ran for another.

And he does it because it works sometimes, the issue is other times you'll have a 4 turnover game or do it at a key time and lose.

His fumble against the Colts is an example of how he almost cost them the game bring reckless.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:40 PM

I'm not talking bad about Diggs, he's great, but you put Sneed on him with some safety help, and you eliminate the big play, it just makes the game that much harder for Allen. Sure maybe Diggs gets open for some 10-15 yarders and racks up yards, maybe even a TD. But don't sleep on Spags. Force him to throw to his TE's, his 2nd or 3rd options, take away the reliable option when things break down.

I wouldn't discount Beasley, Brown or Davis for that matter. Davis has made big catches on the sideline for us when Allen scrambles all year. Beasley may not be 100% but he is still dangerous in the slot. The Ravens put Marlon Humphrey on him a lot of the game. Chiefs don't have a Marlon Humphrey to put on him in the slot.

tredadda
01-18-2021, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't discount Beasley, Brown or Davis for that matter. Davis has made big catches on the sideline for us when Allen scrambles all year. Beasley may not be 100% but he is still dangerous in the slot. The Ravens put Marlon Humphrey on him a lot of the game. Chiefs don't have a Marlon Humphrey to put on him in the slot.

Don't underestimate Sneed. He might not be a Humphrey yet, but he is far better than you think he is.

comochiefsfan
Bills fans are absolutely PRAYING that Mahomes is concussed on their board.

It’s pathetic and disgusting.

Matter2003
And he does it because it works sometimes, the issue is other times you'll have a 4 turnover game or do it at a key time and lose.

His fumble against the Colts is an example of how he almost cost them the game bring reckless.

Was that really a reckless play tho? He evaded a guy coming up the middle and simply turned and another player was in his face immediately. That just seemed like more of a bad luck play than reckless. Was it really any more reckless than Mahomes taking a 30 yard sack against the Dolphins?

I'll agree that he can be a little loose with the ball at times but him grabbing a Rams LB by the facemask and throwing him down knocking a DT down too like 2 bowling pins, then stiff arming Aaron Donald and escaping outside to throw the ball away was probably the most bad ass play of the year by a QB. Well...maybe his stiff arming a Dolphin DLineman literally on his back to the ground and then trucking a Dolphin LB for another 4 yards on the same scramble was probably equally badass. I mean, what QB does that??

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:48 PM
Don't underestimate Sneed. He might not be a Humphrey yet, but he is far better than you think he is.

He can't cover both Diggs and Beasley tho.

kccrow
01-18-2021, 09:49 PM
If Spags has even a bit of sense to him he'll focus on shutting down what the Bills do best and that is throwing quick reads to Diggs. The Bills have other weapons in Davis and Beasley, but make them work for it.

On the flip side, the Chiefs didn't really focus on throwing the ball downfield last time and the Bills can't match the Chiefs in the speed and quickness department. Despite that fact, Mahomes was still surgical. I see Andy opening it up this time around.

Bearcat
01-18-2021, 09:50 PM
They post the exact same shit, right down to the same stats, the same chances of the Bills winning, and in EXACTLY the same writing style.

If it's not the same person, they've got some serious bot shit going on.

Yeah, I noticed some of the early posts... and of course there's the whole Einstein and Matter thing, which is a bit sus.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 09:51 PM

It's all they have...they know they are doomed if Mahomes plays.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 09:52 PM
If Spags has even a bit of sense to him he'll focus on shutting down what the Bills do best and that is throwing quick reads to Diggs. The Bills have other weapons in Davis and Beasley, but make them work for it.

On the flip side, the Chiefs didn't really focus on throwing the ball downfield last time and the Bills can't match the Chiefs in the speed and quickness department. Despite that fact, Mahomes was still surgical. I see Andy opening it up this time around.

Bills bread and butter are 15-25 yard intermediate routes. They don't throw "deep" a lot based on what most people would consider go routes or deep posts 40 and 50 yards downfield, but they do get a lot of their chunk plays on deep overs, deep comebacks and sideline scramble drills.

Bills are not going to allow the Chiefs to beat them deep. We have what might be the best safety combination in the NFL in Poyer and Hyde and they are exceptional at taking those throws away. Have allowed the fewest number of those pretty much every season they have been together. A lot of teams don't even bother trying them. Bills play a lot of 2 high safety looks and disguise coverages sometimes post-snap even. TE's in the middle of the field can give them issues tho, although they did a decent job holding Kelce to 6 for 65 last game. Bills also have a tendency to allow too much yardage on swing and flat routes by RBs to the outside.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 09:53 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5EWdCeyNlqo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 09:54 PM

I'm not one to throw stones at glass houses, but we were the fan base that cheered when Cassel, our own qb, got hurt.

There are dicks in all fanbases.

htismaqe
01-18-2021, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I noticed some of the early posts... and of course there's the whole Einstein and Matter thing, which is a bit sus.

There's also the fact that they aren't posting at the same time. It's either one or the other but not both.

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 09:57 PM
There's also the fact that they aren't posting at the same time. It's either one or the other but not both.

Maybe they take turns being the spokesperson for the group.

htismaqe
01-18-2021, 09:58 PM
Maybe they take turns being the spokesperson for the group.

There's only so many folding tables.

Why Not?
01-18-2021, 09:58 PM
Bills bread and butter are 15-25 yard intermediate routes. They don't throw "deep" a lot based on what most people would consider go routes or deep posts 40 and 50 yards downfield, but they do get a lot of their chunk plays on deep overs, deep comebacks and sideline scramble drills.

Bills are not going to allow the Chiefs to beat them deep. We have what might be the best safety combination in the NFL in Poyer and Hyde and they are exceptional at taking those throws away. A lot of teams don't even bother trying them. Bills play a lot of 2 high safety looks and disguise coverages sometimes post-snap even. TE's in the middle of he field can give them issues tho, although they did a decent job holding Kelce to 6 for 65 last game.

Game plan was to pound the ball and hit Kelce on occasion, when needed. Kelce can go for 8 and 100 on the Bills whenever he’d like. Hell, Jack Doyle whose not even the most athletic TE on his own team just roasted them.

Bearcat
01-18-2021, 10:00 PM

They were earlier.... they actually have a couple of instances within the same minute (such as both having a timestamp of 19:28).

htismaqe
01-18-2021, 10:01 PM
They were earlier.... they actually have a couple of instances within the same minute (such as both having a timestamp of 19:28).

I stand corrected.

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 10:02 PM

Any from the grassy knoll?

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 10:05 PM

Is that dude here to talk about football or be a fucking detective? If he is, tell him don't quit his day job because his theory is wrong. Seems like he is trying to make the evidence fit what he believes to be true instead of allowing the evidence to help him decide what to believe. Epic fail.

kccrow
01-18-2021, 10:05 PM

Bills are not going to allow the Chiefs to beat them deep. We have what might be the best safety combination in the NFL in Poyer and Hyde and they are exceptional at taking those throws away. Have allowed the fewest number of those pretty much every season they have been together. A lot of teams don't even bother trying them. Bills play a lot of 2 high safety looks and disguise coverages sometimes post-snap even. TE's in the middle of the field can give them issues tho, although they did a decent job holding Kelce to 6 for 65 last game. Bills also have a tendency to allow too much yardage on swing and flat routes by RBs to the outside.

Serious question. Do you think the Bills are going to let KC control the middle of the field and gouge them in the running game again by keeping those safeties deep for 60 minutes? If the Bills don't change what they did last time, it's going to be the same game all over again. They almost have to gamble on taking away the short stuff at the risk of Hill and Hardman torching them deep. And if they do that, it's a difficult task. What is Buffalo's play here?

J Diddy
01-18-2021, 10:06 PM
Is that dude here to talk about football or be a ****ing detective? If he is, tell him don't quit his day job because his theory is wrong. Seems like he is trying to make the evidence fit what he believes to be true instead of allowing the evidence to help him decide what to believe. Epic fail.

Yo brah? What's your GPA?!

Mecca
01-18-2021, 10:06 PM
Just remember, the Bills are assholes at covering TEs. The Colts went 14-130-TD using Jack Doyle and Mo Allie Cox, what's Kelce gonna do?

TribalElder
01-18-2021, 10:14 PM
we are the second game next weekend

5:40 central

jhawkinVA
01-18-2021, 10:15 PM
Serious question. Do you think the Bills are going to let KC control the middle of the field and gouge them in the running game again by keeping those safeties deep for 60 minutes? If the Bills don't change what they did last time, it's going to be the same game all over again. They almost have to gamble on taking away the short stuff at the risk of Hill and Hardman torching them deep. And if they do that, it's a difficult task. What is Buffalo's play here?

I'm fascinated to see this, too. KC controlled the game last time. Part of me thinks Buffalo knows how that turned out and they won't want to watch that again. But my gut says they'll risk it and hope we get FGs instead of TDs in the red zone.

MahomesMagic
01-18-2021, 10:15 PM
The more that I think about it, expect the public to be on the over but I think this game is an under.

Bills were terrified of our passing game last time. I think they continue to keep safeties deep forcing us to grab 5 to 7 yards a carry and hit passes in the middle of the field.

On defense I think Spags will have the false reads ready to play with Allen's head along with even more exotic pressure looks to consider.

All this adds up to low scoring.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 10:19 PM

I'm not sure. McDermott said as much they allowed the Chiefs to run because they didn't think they would allow 245 yards rushing and they felt they had to 'pick their poison' because you can't stop everything. To a degree it worked decently well...the Bills held them to 26 points and were in a 1 score game in the middle of the 4th quarter, even though it never really felt the Bills were in the game.

I think they may start out that way again because they have been a lot better against the run(and on defense in general) in the 2nd half of the season, and even in the playoffs. The numbers look bad against the Colts, but they held Indy to under 3 YPC through 3 quarters until they went up 14 in the 4th and figured the Colts would abandon the run and start throwing every play. They didn't and they allowed 3 big runs that boosted their average. Against the Ravens, their back up QB had 3 runs for 32 yards that really boosted their average in what amounted to garbage time, otherwise the Bills held the Ravens to 118 yards and around a 4.0 or 4.1 YPC average which is outstanding against them. The Bills allow far too much when they are up by 2 scores late on defense and play much too soft for my liking.

I felt the Bills played too passively and gave Mahomes way too much respect by almost never blitzing until late in the game and that actually started working a little bit, especially against the run. In fact after that game the Bills became a much more aggressive team the rest of the year, blitzing far more than they ever did under Frazier.

My preference would be for the Bills to come after Mahomes up the middle and try and contain his escape lanes to the outside like they did against Jackson. Maybe show a lot of simulated pressures and have guys drop out. Bills are a very good pressure team in that they force the ball to come out quick a lot of times even tho they don't get a ton of sacks(15th in sacks with 38) and they can scheme up free runners by setting up overload blitzes where the team won't have enough people on 1 side to block everyone coming, even tho they only might be rushing 4 or 5. Ideally with the Bills, what they want to do is to use simulated pressure to confuse or overload the protection schemes and force the ball out quickly so the D can then keep everything in front of them and rally to the ball to keep it to a short gain.

If we are going to go down, then go down trying to make something happen instead of sitting back passively. That isn't going to work. It also isn't going to work if you come after him every time either, they need to really mix things up from series to series and even from down to down on the same series.

It is a really tough challenge no doubt. I think the Bills probably see if they shored up their run defense enough to play the way the wanted to in the first game more effectively and if not they probably switch to something else pretty early, maybe after the first 2 drives or so.

DRM08
01-18-2021, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure. McDermott said as much they allowed the Chiefs to run because they didn't think they would allow 245 yards rushing and they felt they had to 'pick their poison' because you can't stop everything.

I think they may start out that way again because they have been a lot better against the run(and on defense in general) in the 2nd half of the season, and even in the playoffs. The numbers look bad against the Colts, but they held Indy to under 3 YPC through 3 quarters until they went up 14 in the 4th and figured the Colts would abandon the run and start throwing every play. They didn't and they allowed 3 big runs that boosted their average. Against the Ravens, their back up QB had 3 runs for 32 yards that really boosted their average in what amounted to garbage time, otherwise the Bills held the Ravens to 118 yards and around a 4.0 or 4.1 YPC average which is outstanding against them. The Bills allow far too much when they are up by 2 scores late on defense and play much too soft for my liking.

I felt the Bills played too passively and gave Mahomes way too much respect by almost never blitzing until late in the game and that actually started working a little bit. In fact after that game the Bills became a much more aggressive team the rest of the year, blitzing far more than they ever did under Frazier.

My preference would be for the Bills to come after Mahomes up the middle and try and contain his escape lanes to the outside like they did against Jackson. Maybe show a lot of simulated pressures and have guys drop out. Bills are a very good pressure team in that they force the ball to come out quick a lot of times even tho they don't get a ton of sacks(15th in sacks with 38) and they can scheme up free runners by setting up overload blitzes where the team won't have enough people on 1 side to block everyone coming, even tho they only might be rushing 4 or 5.

If we are going to go down, then go down trying to make something happen instead of sitting back passively. That isn't going to work. It also isn't going to work if you come after him every time either, they need to really mix things from series to series and even from down to down on the same series.

It is a really tough challenge no doubt. I think the Bills probably see if they shored up their run defense enough to play the way the wanted to in the first game more effectively and if not they probably switch to something else pretty early, maybe after the first 2 drives or so.

Blitzing Mahomes is not the best idea. Ravens found that out the hard way. I think the key is getting to him without a blitz. Need some monster pass rush guys in the DL who can do it without sending extra guys.

Bearcat
01-18-2021, 10:29 PM

Bills were terrified of our passing game last time. I think they continue to keep safeties deep forcing us to grab 5 to 7 yards a carry and hit passes in the middle of the field.

I was thinking about that during the Bills/Ravens game... how they were absolutely not going to let Lamar Jackson do what he does best, just like the very different strategy to accomplish the same thing against Mahomes.

Of course, one is far easier, especially in a bit of winter weather, but curious how they adjust this weekend.

DRM08
01-18-2021, 10:31 PM

It's the ultimate sign of respect though.

Matter2003
01-18-2021, 10:33 PM
Blitzing Mahomes is not the best idea. Ravens found that out the hard way. I think the key is getting to him without a blitz. Need some monster pass rush guys in the DL who can do it without sending extra guys.

Typically the Bills like to blitz but still play cover 2, 3 or 4 behind it and "give" the team a quick and easy 3 or 4 yard throw and then come screaming up to make the tackles and limit it to a minimal gain. Their strategy on 3rd and long is the same...if the team needs 13 or 14 yards for the first down, they will "give" them an easy throw for 7 or 8 and then come up and make the tackle for a 10 or 11 yard gain and force a punt. Sometimes they break tackles tho and end up with the first down, which is the downside of that strategy.

It worked a lot better last year for whatever reason when the Bills were an elite defense. This year they have gotten much better as the year went on but never quite made it back to that level although they have done a fantastic job of turning takeaways into defensive touchdowns this year(4 in the past 6 games I believe including last week) after not having any since 2017.

KChiefs1
01-18-2021, 10:51 PM
Best defenses I've seen vs Patrick Mahomes are probably the Chargers & 49ers. That of course requires you to manufacture a pass rush using 4 down lineman named...Bosa, Ingram, Buckner & Bosa. Good Luck.

You have to get pressure by not sacrificing people in coverage. You bring a blitz & you are dead meat.

The combination of Mahomes, Andy Reid as a play designer and caller, and the Chiefs WR's makes the Chiefs nearly impossible to cover. This season, defenses have hoped to prevent the big passing play by using two deep safeties. It is the best way to slow down the Chiefs offense that I've seen. Buffalo kept two deep and a light box up front in order to dare the Chiefs to run. The Chiefs obliged but the Bills couldn’t stop them on the ground. The Chargers were able to use that deep coverage and add on with four-man pressures that allowed for more coverage on the second level. And just by keeping the game close, that still left a chance for the Chiefs to pull away at the end of the game for wins.

The coverage aren’t so much about if the Chiefs will beat the defense but more so how the Chiefs will beat the defense. That’s the problem with stopping the Chiefs offense, solving one problem creates another. This is incredibly oversimplified, but Tyreek Hill has been able to feast on single-high coverage and when the Chiefs face two-high safeties, it’s time for Travis Kelce. Pick your poison.

Even the best corners in the league haven’t been able to hold up and few safeties have the range to get from the middle of the field over to the sideline in order to catch Hill on the outside. Take the Tampa Bay game when the Buccaneers tried to run their typical defense, but even Carlton Davis, who had played like one of the better corners in the league, could only do so much in man coverage. He repeatedly got burned in the first quarter. Hill had six receptions on seven targets for 188 yards and three touchdowns against single-high coverages in that game.

Kelce’s ability to work the intermediate middle of the field when the safeties are playing deep has been a huge part of the Kansas City passing game this season and a big reason why he has had the greatest season by a TE in NFL history as teams have been employing the 2-high tactic. Between Reid's route concepts and Kelce’s run after the catch ability, he’s been one of the more productive receivers after the catch.

For as much as defenses have tried to vary game plans against the Chiefs, the best defense this year has been an offense able to keep up. That’s how the Raiders gave the Chiefs their lone loss with Mahomes.

Buffalo might still present the most interesting test as a team that figured out how to slow down the offense, but couldn’t stop the run when they dared the Chiefs to do it. But since that game, the Bills’ run defense has improved, which could limit the damage done on the ground, though it’s no guarantee the Chiefs would give in to the light boxes again. But the Bills’ pass defense has also improved after a rough start and on its best day, the Buffalo offense has the ability to put up points.

Still, we’re talking about everything breaking just right for a team to defend and hang with the Chiefs. It’s not impossible, but even without blowing teams away, Kansas City has made it as hard as possible to take them down.

Good Luck! :p

htismaqe
01-18-2021, 11:18 PM
Is that dude here to talk about football or be a fucking detective? If he is, tell him don't quit his day job because his theory is wrong. Seems like he is trying to make the evidence fit what he believes to be true instead of allowing the evidence to help him decide what to believe. Epic fail.

I've been talking football here for 20 years, long before you Bills trolls showed up and long after you go away.

By the way, the whole "talk football" thing is really funny ThaDix. Every time you post, you give it away, dumbass.

bringbackmarty
01-18-2021, 11:45 PM
Those of you who thought Leveon Bell would have any type of role in these playoffs, shame on you. It's gonna be Darrell Williams/Clyde Frog 50\50 in the Super Bowl. Maybe Darrell Gets the start this week, with a bit of Clyde frog mixed in. Darrell is a vet in the system, Andy will use him on third downs and may even feature him.

bringbackmarty
01-18-2021, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure. McDermott said as much they allowed the Chiefs to run because they didn't think they would allow 245 yards rushing and they felt they had to 'pick their poison' because you can't stop everything. To a degree it worked decently well...the Bills held them to 26 points and were in a 1 score game in the middle of the 4th quarter, even though it never really felt the Bills were in the game.

I felt the Bills played too passively and gave Mahomes way too much respect by almost never blitzing until late in the game and that actually started working a little bit, especially against the run. In fact after that game the Bills became a much more aggressive team the rest of the year, blitzing far more than they ever did under Frazier.

My preference would be for the Bills to come after Mahomes up the middle and try and contain his escape lanes to the outside like they did against Jackson. Maybe show a lot of simulated pressures and have guys drop out. Bills are a very good pressure team in that they force the ball to come out quick a lot of times even tho they don't get a ton of sacks(15th in sacks with 38) and they can scheme up free runners by setting up overload blitzes where the team won't have enough people on 1 side to block everyone coming, even tho they only might be rushing 4 or 5. Ideally with the Bills, what they want to do is to use simulated pressure to confuse or overload the protection schemes and force the ball out quickly so the D can then keep everything in front of them and rally to the ball to keep it to a short gain.

If we are going to go down, then go down trying to make something happen instead of sitting back passively. That isn't going to work. It also isn't going to work if you come after him every time either, they need to really mix things up from series to series and even from down to down on the same series.

Dude, if mahomes is playing we are throwing 90% of the time, good luck. We aren't going to do death by 1,000 paper cuts because yo secondary got regular season reid offense the first time and andy aint scared of Josh. We will score at will. It's on honkey magic to keep up and he will not.

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 12:12 AM
Dude, if mahomes is playing we are throwing 90% of the time, good luck. We aren't going to do death by 1,000 paper cuts because yo secondary got regular season reid offense the first time and andy aint scared of Josh. We will score at will. It's on honkey magic to keep up and he will not.

You'll get your points but I don't think you are going to score at will. Bills secondary is pretty good with an all-pro at CB in Tre White. Very good ball hawking slot corner in Johnson with 2 pick 6's in the past 5 or 6 weeks.

Guess it is up to Josh to change his mind then.

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 12:16 AM
You would have thought the Bills organization would have figured out they were drafting a pussy or not. It seems every little thing bothers him. :deevee:

Lucky thing he doesn't break his knee cap on a QB sneak or get choked out by a defender on a run tho right? Then we would really be in trouble! :evil:

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 12:30 AM

Let's actually take a look at that statement that we can't run at all.

Bills rushing avg: 4.2 YPC (20th in NFL)
Chiefs rushing avg: 4.5 YPC (12th)

-overall team rushing average per carry

Bills RB rushing avg: 4.49 YPC (11th)
Chiefs RB rushing avg: 4.22 YPC (18th)

-RB only rushing average per carry

Bills power success rate: 66% (T 16th)
Chiefs power success rate: 51% (32nd)

-power success is a run on 3rd/4th down of 2 yards or less that results in a first down/TD

Bills stuffed rate: 16.9% (15th)
Chiefs stuffed rate: 17.7% (20th)

-stuff rate is percentage of runs for no gain or loss of yardage

The Bills are actually a better running team than the Chiefs are in a traditional sense with the RBs. They average more yards per carry, are better on power runs and get stuffed less often.

The Chiefs are better overall due to their success with WR runs(Hill/Hardiman) for the most part boosting their average whereas the Bills WR runs were basically no gains or lost yardage.

Kind of what I have been saying all along...the Bills are not "bad" at running, they just don't like to do it. There is a big difference. They would rather drop back and throw it because they think they have an advantage against most teams that way. I would like the Bills to mix in some more runs in this game, although I don't think they will.

J Diddy
01-19-2021, 12:50 AM

-power success is a run on 3rd/4th down of 2 yards or less that results in a first down/TD

The Bills are actually a better running team than the Chiefs are in a traditional sense with the RBs. They average more yards per carry, are better on power runs and get stuffed less often.

The Chiefs are better overall due to their success with WR runs(Hill/Hardiman) for the most part boosting their average whereas the Bills WR runs were basically no gains or lost yardage.

Kind of what I have been saying all along...the Bills are not "bad" at running, they just don't like to do it. There is a big difference. They would rather drop back and throw it because they think they have an advantage against most teams that way. I would like the Bills to mix in some more runs in this game, although I don't think they will.

Kudos on that whole cherry picking of the stats. "runs by rb only"

The jet sweep, rpo and short passes that are basically runs (i.e. shovel pass to kelce) are a huge part of our game. So spank your dick about being 8 spots behind the running backs, even after we lost our starter.

Newsflash: Not a good way to view that.

J Diddy
01-19-2021, 12:54 AM
Lucky thing he doesn't break his knee cap on a QB sneak or get choked out by a defender on a run tho right? Then we would really be in trouble! :evil:

LOL I think I call you candy dumb. I can't figure if you're equal parts candyass to dumbass or lean one way or another.

Pat got choked and looped. less than 2 minutes later he's sprinting to the locker room, presumably so he can show what he needs to get back in.

Denver pushed his kneecap to the.side.of. his leg. He hobbled for 50 yards and it popped back in.

You can say what you want puss cakes. Pat's a fucking beast.

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 12:57 AM
Kudos on that whole cherry picking of the stats. "runs by rb only"

The jet sweep, rpo and short passes that are basically runs (i.e. shovel pass to kelce) are a huge part of our game. So spank your dick about being 8 spots behind the running backs, even after we lost our starter.

Newsflash: Not a good way to view that.

We also use jet sweeps and pop passes quite a bit to McKenzie and they work really well.

Exactly how is that cherry picking? The vast majority of running plays go to the running backs(almost 80% for the Chiefs).

Newsflash, passes don't count as runs, they count as passes.

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 01:02 AM
LOL I think I call you candy dumb. I can't figure if you're equal parts candyass to dumbass or lean one way or another.

Pat got choked and looped. less than 2 minutes later he's sprinting to the locker room, presumably so he can show what he needs to get back in.

Denver pushed his kneecap to the.side.of. his leg. He hobbled for 50 yards and it popped back in.

You can say what you want puss cakes. Pat's a ****ing beast.

I think you have spent too much time sniffing nail polish remover while posting.

J Diddy
01-19-2021, 01:04 AM
We also use jet sweeps and pop passes quite a bit to McKenzie and they work really well.

Exactly how is that cherry picking? The vast majority of running plays go to the running backs(almost 80% for the Chiefs).

Newsflash, passes don't count as runs, they count as passes.

You miss the point. We have substitutes for the traditional run game which is a significant part of our game. Even with that, we still average more yards per rush by rb than your team.

Dull Tools
01-19-2021, 04:49 AM
The amount of people saying Allen is close to overtaking Mahomes. People have such short term memories. They have been starting QBs for the same amount of time.

Allen really didn't play well against the Ravens and he wasn't much better against the Colts. He has had a really good season but they really need to calm down the hype.

Why Not?
01-19-2021, 06:53 AM

I’d be curious to see what those numbers look like since Moss went out?

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 07:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hi <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BuffaloBills</a>! Appreciate you watching the show. And those highlights, particularly the one where you sack Tyler Huntley, are very impressive!<br><br>Can’t wait for your trip to Arrowhead, Sunday. I don’t imagine this will age poorly, at all, after Mahomes &amp; Co. hang 40 on you. <a href="https://t.co/6lejq2iY6s">https://t.co/6lejq2iY6s</a></p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1351498503369928705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kccrow
01-19-2021, 07:24 AM
That video is more hilarious in that Nick wasn't wrong aside from the outcome. The Ravens had the better defense in that game. The Ravens ran the ball straight up for a buck fiddy. So, he wasn't wrong in those regards. Kind of silly to pimp that for the Bills. For the Bills, it truly was a miracle they won that game.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 07:31 AM
That video is more hilarious in that Nick wasn't wrong aside from the outcome. The Ravens had the better defense in that game. The Ravens ran the ball straight up for a buck fiddy. So, he wasn't wrong in those regards. Kind of silly to pimp that for the Bills. For the Bills, it truly was a miracle they won that game.

Both QBs in that game were bad but Ravens offensive playcalling was stunningly atrocious.

So your team is good at power running and throwing over the middle.

Buffalo is susceptible to both

So constantly play away from your strengths and into the other team.

Example: 3rd and 6 let's run a slow developing sweep to the outside on Buffalo.

Reminded me of Steelers who kept trying little passes to the outside.

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 08:14 AM

Stats without context are meaningless. Lazy use of them by you.

32 of the yards came by their backup QB down 14. 20 of those came on a 3rd and 32 from their own 1 yard line. Those yards were useless. They were already down 17-3.

So when the game was in the balance, the Ravens ran for 118 yards, and for an average of about 4.1 YPC. Both well below their averages for the year. If you watched the game, other than 4 runs that gained a total of about 60 yards(literally the first 3 plays of the first drive and 1 a 15 yard scramble by Jackson on a 3rd and 14 later in the game), they did almost nothing running the ball. They were not able to consistently move the ball and constantly were in 3rd and long all game where they cannot really operate well.

That was a masterclass on defense on how to shut that offense down. They scored 3 points.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 08:15 AM

32 of the yards came by their backup QB down 14. 20 of those came on a 3rd and 32. Those yards were useless. They were already down 17-3.

So when the game was in the balance, the Ravens for 118 yards, and for an average of about 4.1 YPC. Both well below their averages for the year. If you watched the game, other than 4 runs that gained a total of about 60 yards(literally the first 3 plays of the first drive and 1 a 15 yard scramble by Jackson on a 3rd and 14 later in the game), they did almost nothing running the ball. They were not able to consistently move the ball and constantly were in 3rd and long all game where they cannot really operate well.

That was a masterclass on defense on how to shut that offense down. They scored 3 points.

ROFL

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 08:15 AM
Both QBs in that game were bad but Ravens offensive playcalling was stunningly atrocious.

So your team is good at power running and throwing over the middle.

Buffalo is susceptible to both

So constantly play away from your strengths and into the other team.

Example: 3rd and 6 let's run a slow developing sweep to the outside on Buffalo.

Reminded me of Steelers who kept trying little passes to the outside.

Other than the first 3 runs of the game where Buffalo needed to make a few adjustments to their gap fits, how many runs up the middle did you see that worked for the Ravens? I can't even think of one.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 08:18 AM
Other than the first 3 runs of the game where Buffalo needed to make a few adjustments to their gap fits, how many runs up the middle did you see that worked for the Ravens? I can't even think of one.

Ravens were too spread out. The runs up the middle are always there against Buffalo.

Poor coaching, bad QB play, missed field goals.

Lamar had guys running wide open and he kept missing them as well as his terrible read on the pick 6 that swung the game 14 points.

Were the Ravens running a "masterclass" of defense on Buffalo as well?

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 08:19 AM
ROFL

When you actually understand what you are watching, it helps. Maybe go watch some in depth breakdowns of the game that are out there because clearly you struggle with that aspect.

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 08:26 AM
Ravens were too spread out. The runs up the middle are always there against Buffalo.

Poor coaching, bad QB play, missed field goals.

Lamar had guys running wide open and he kept missing them as well as his terrible read on the pick 6 that swung the game 14 points.

Were the Ravens running a "masterclass" of defense on Buffalo as well?

If you watched the game you would have seen it clearly was not there. Bills stacked the box and many times were playing a "bear front", with a DT lined up directly over the center and 2 other lineman lined up directly over the guards. This caused all kinds of issues for the Ravens because they love pulling guards and using the center to reach block on either side. When the guards pulled, the Bills defenders simply shot the gap and ended up in the backfield to disrupt the play and had contain on both sides so there was literally nowhere to go whether Lamar kept the ball or handed it off. Part of the reason the center was having bad snaps was because he was trying to hurry up and execute a reach block a defensive end with a player lined up directly over him at the snap, which is almost an impossible ask for him to do that against that type of defense...just bad coaching and no adjustment from Roman.

Additionally, Harrison Phillips has been the 2nd best run defender in term of run stops in the entire NFL over the 2nd half of the year. He came back from a torn ACL last year and obviously wasn't his normal self over the first half of the season. Actually was inactive for a few games during that time. A big reason the Bills only were allowing an average of 94 yards rushing against the last 8 games.

He kept missing guys because he was under pressure all nigh with guys in his face. He is NOT a good QB in terms of dropping back and throwing it, like when you were a kid playing pick up basketball and there was always the one kid nobody ever bothered guarding when he had an open shot because he always missed and you called him a "self-check". Bills told Lamar we think you are a self-check in that regard, prove us a wrong and he couldn't for most of the night.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 08:43 AM
When you actually understand what you are watching, it helps. Maybe go watch some in depth breakdowns of the game that are out there because clearly you struggle with that aspect.

Anyone that disagrees with your take didn't "watch the game".

Weak sauce.

I watched two QB's play poorly. Allen will need to do a lot better than 1 TD drive this weekend to take out KC.

Matter2003
01-19-2021, 08:48 AM
Anyone that disagrees with your take didn't "watch the game".

Weak sauce.

I watched two QB's play poorly. Allen will need to do a lot better than 1 TD drive this weekend to take out KC.

Watching and understanding are two different things. Anyone who thought the Ravens ran effectively clearly didn't watch the same game.

Allen played OK, Ravens coverage was really great for most of the game, especially Humphrey, who might have been the best player on the field that game.

I would expect Allen plays one of his best games of the year Sunday.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 08:52 AM
Watching and understanding are two different things. Anyone who thought the Ravens ran effectively clearly didn't watch the same game.

Allen played OK, Ravens coverage was really great for most of the game, especially Humphrey, who might have been the best player on the field that game.

I would expect Allen plays one of his best games of the year Sunday.

I didn't say they ran effectively. They SHOULD have been able to. If you actually read what I wrote you would have not missed that. You are arguing with someone else.

Ravens coverage-They have very good corners. I don't think their plan was terrible but it wasn't A work either. Lots of man, some zone. Not much pressure. They showed the pressure and bailed which is good but they never actually went through with it enough.

That makes the show pressure/bail less effective.

Chiefs destroy those corners with our weapons.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-19-2021, 09:07 AM
Buffalo's yards/game vs AFC playoff teams: 298

KC: 474 (including a half without Mahomes)

But tell us more about how well they compare offensively.

Sassy Squatch
01-19-2021, 09:07 AM
Meh. Buffalo clearly adjusted and shut the Ravens down after getting obliterated that first drive.

I do have to laugh at the idea that Baltimore just needs a WR1 for Jackson like I've been seeing recently, though. Had a wide open Brown in the end zone and misfired badly, then threw the game clinching pick 6. The desperation of the media for Jackson to be successful is baffling.

FloridaMan88
01-19-2021, 09:14 AM
Same ref that worked the Chiefs Super Bowl win last year... Bill Vinovich will be the ref for Sunday's game.

No Clitoris Blakeman.

Thank you Jesus.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 09:17 AM
Buffalo's yards/game vs AFC playoff teams: 298

KC: 474 (including a half without Mahomes)

But tell us more about how well they compare offensively.

Buffalo fans will mention KC won by only 5 points.

I'm serious.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 09:20 AM
The Ravens defense held Josh Allen to 206 yards and 1 TD. QBR of 51.

Last year? 147 yards, 1 TD, and a 16.7 QBR. And in 2018? 74 yards, 0 TD's, and a QBR of 37.

Meanwhile, Patrick Mahomes put up 385 yards, 4 TD's, and a near perfect 98.5 QBR on the Ravens earlier this year.

Last year? 374 yards, 3 TD, and an 86.5 QBR. And in 2018? 377 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, and a 59.7 QBR.

Mahomes' worst game against that Baltimore defense is significantly better than Allen's best game against that defense.

I told everyone the Browns wouldn't score 30 points against the Chiefs. They didn't even break 20. I'll hold off predictions for now but if Buffalo fans think Allen is going to outscore Patrick fucking Mahomes, they're kidding themselves.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 09:21 AM
Meh. Buffalo clearly adjusted and shut the Ravens down after getting obliterated that first drive.

I do have to laugh at the idea that Baltimore just needs a WR1 for Jackson like I've been seeing recently, though. Had a wide open Brown in the end zone and misfired badly, then threw the game clinching pick 6. The desperation of the media for Jackson to be successful is baffling.

Yep.

Rukdafaidas
01-19-2021, 09:22 AM
Will Kilgore start at C this week for the Chiefs?

kccrow
01-19-2021, 09:24 AM

32 of the yards came by their backup QB down 14. 20 of those came on a 3rd and 32 from their own 1 yard line. Those yards were useless. They were already down 17-3.

So when the game was in the balance, the Ravens ran for 118 yards, and for an average of about 4.1 YPC. Both well below their averages for the year. If you watched the game, other than 4 runs that gained a total of about 60 yards(literally the first 3 plays of the first drive and 1 a 15 yard scramble by Jackson on a 3rd and 14 later in the game), they did almost nothing running the ball. They were not able to consistently move the ball and constantly were in 3rd and long all game where they cannot really operate well.

Selective discounting of stats on a regular basis makes you like like a fucking idiot. So, running for a 120 yards on "meaningful carries" is not doing exactly what they should have? You were outgained more than that in total yards and only put up 220 on offense. You should have been blown off the field. The Ravens lost to their own stupidity, not to the Bills somehow being good at anything that game.

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 09:24 AM
I know this game didn’t count according to Bills fans but I do find the stats interesting.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210119/e0c989de5a7f157e764ae9ed3564ee95.jpg

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 09:28 AM
Selective discounting of stats on a regular basis makes you like like a fucking idiot. So, running for a 120 yards on "meaningful carries" is not doing exactly what they should have? You were outgained more than that in total yards and only put up 220 on offense. You should have been blown off the field. The Ravens lost to their own stupidity, not to the Bills somehow being good at anything that game.

They're EXACTLY like Patriot fans.

Nothing before week 10 matters.

Weather.

QB's non-throwing shoulder was hurt.

They've got a million excuses and exceptions when it comes to stats. They don't want to talk about anything in context, they want to reframe every argument to fit their agenda.

They claim they're here "just to talk football" when it's obvious that's not what they want at all.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-19-2021, 09:35 AM
The more that I think about it, expect the public to be on the over but I think this game is an under.

On defense I think Spags will have the false reads ready to play with Allen's head along with even more exotic pressure looks to consider.

All this adds up to low scoring.

We need to contain Allen to his right, and force him left. He is a much better playmaker, excellent in fact, when scrambling to his right, good, but much less effective to his left. His big plays tend to come when he is forced to his right outside the pocket. As I have said before, force him to his left like a Jr. High point guard...

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 09:37 AM
We need to contain Allen to his right, and force him left. He is a much better playmaker, excellent in fact, when scrambling to his right, good, but much less effective to his left. His big plays tend to come when he is forced to his right outside the pocket. As I have said before, force him to his left like a Jr. High point guard...

Our DE's aren't great at pass rushing but they're pretty good at containment. That's what I'd do too.

KChiefs1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hi <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BuffaloBills</a>! Appreciate you watching the show. And those highlights, particularly the one where you sack Tyler Huntley, are very impressive!<br><br>Can’t wait for your trip to Arrowhead, Sunday. I don’t imagine this will age poorly, at all, after Mahomes & Co. hang 40 on you. <a href="https://t.co/6lejq2iY6s">https://t.co/6lejq2iY6s</a></p>— nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1351498503369928705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I’m not this confident but glad he is...40pts is a tall order.

MahomesMagic
7:36 in, explains what Spags is going to do to Josh Allen on Sunday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y_P4BPSGus8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 09:59 AM
Somebody needs to burn this dude's apartment.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mAk7egW5pUk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 10:05 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5scMMCPk9RY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coochie liquor
01-19-2021, 10:07 AM
Same ref that worked the Chiefs Super Bowl win last year... Bill Vinovich will be the ref for Sunday's game.

No Clitoris Blakeman.

Thank you Jesus.

He’s reffing the Packers game. Patriots are 4-5 in games he reffed.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 10:09 AM
I’m not this confident but glad he is...40pts is a tall order.

Nick Wright is awesome. Obviously he is a Chiefs fan but as a media personality he noticed how thin skinned the Buffalo fan base is and how easy it is to rile them up.

Reroka
01-19-2021, 10:09 AM
Trying to understand how people are saying Allen is equal or better than Mahomes.

I need the drugs they are on.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 10:11 AM
Nick Wright is awesome. Obviously he is a Chiefs fan but as a media personality he noticed how thin skinned the Buffalo fan base is and how easy it is to rile them up.

Look at them here, desperately seeking validation for their team.

straycash
01-19-2021, 10:12 AM
I think we'll see who's the better QB on sunday

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 10:12 AM
WATCH OUT THE BILLS ARE COMING!!!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jRhwHF7lusc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jTnEHOwrbVM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 10:14 AM

I think every fan base wants validation but I think for KC fans when we have heard for the last two years how overrated we are or how there was a "blueprint" last year to stop us and then won the Superbowl over a "more balanced, more physical" 49ers team we now just roll our eyes because we get what is happening.

Telling people KC is actually great and will win is boring and doesn't generate discussion.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 10:16 AM
I think every fan base wants validation but I think for KC fans when we have heard for the last two years how overrated we are or how there was a "blueprint" last year to stop us and then won the Superbowl over a "more balanced, more physical" 49ers team we now just roll our eyes because we get what is happening.

Telling people KC is actually great and will win is boring and doesn't generate discussion.

Not every fanbase trolls other teams' message boards though...

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 10:19 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0rH2rb4pr2Y" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

okoyeandcream
01-19-2021, 11:25 AM
The Allen/Mahomes comparisons are so funny. The guy has like two good games in his career and he's meant to be at Pat's level?

He was garbage at Wyoming and he's garbage now hiding behind a good oline and wrs. Comparing Allen to Mahomes is like comparing Analyze This to the Godfather

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 11:30 AM
The Allen/Mahomes comparisons are so funny. The guy has like two good games in his career and he's meant to be at Pat's level?

He was garbage at Wyoming and he's garbage now hiding behind a good oline and wrs. Comparing Allen to Mahomes is like comparing Analyze This to the Godfather

2 good games?? Um he had more TDs this year than Mahomes

mililo4cpa
01-19-2021, 11:31 AM
I've asked two dozen times to all these Bills pukes running around:

What changed from the last matchup and how are the Bills going to adapt their gameplan to hide their deficiencies:
-who covers Hill / Kelce
-Do you play back in zone (like last time) or do you play up and blitz more?
-how are you going to generate pressure with just 4 consistently
-Receiver matchups: Obviously Diggs is great, but who else? a gimpy Beasley?
-Bills Running game v. our running D (weakness against weakness)

All I get are crickets.....and THE BILLS ARE A DIFFERENT TEAM!!!!!!

notorious
01-19-2021, 11:33 AM
He’s reffing the Packers game. Patriots are 4-5 in games he reffed.

JFC

A ref shouldn’t skew the trend that much. That’s downright criminal.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 11:37 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes&#39; Mom Rips Browns&#39; Mack Wilson After Tackle, &#39;Trash Football&#39; <a href="https://t.co/xSaQq6WCWo">https://t.co/xSaQq6WCWo</a></p>&mdash; TMZ (@TMZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1351222838120894465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

notorious
01-19-2021, 11:38 AM

No kidding.

Dude can play. I want to see what he does during THE game on Sunday night, not the Saturday afternoon special.

All the chips are down, and you playing against the World Champs.

I know how our guys will react. How will theirs?

DaFace
01-19-2021, 11:38 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes&#39; Mom Rips Browns&#39; Mack Wilson After Tackle, &#39;Trash Football&#39; <a href="https://t.co/xSaQq6WCWo">https://t.co/xSaQq6WCWo</a></p>&mdash; TMZ (@TMZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1351222838120894465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Meh. The tackle was awkward, but it's hard for me to say it was dirty.

Gravedigger
01-19-2021, 11:40 AM

She also rips people for not calling him Patrick.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 11:42 AM
If Henne has to play I think we still win. Also, go ahead and support Chad!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs&#39; Chad Henne is selling &#39;Hennething Is Possible&#39; shirts ... on LinkedIn. �� �� <a href="https://t.co/pU7U5WCEli">https://t.co/pU7U5WCEli</a> <a href="https://t.co/lq719F9Klm">pic.twitter.com/lq719F9Klm</a></p>&mdash; theScore (@theScore) <a href="https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1351582777200750595?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FloridaMan88
01-19-2021, 11:44 AM
Mahomes’ foundation is selling those t-shirts, not Henne.

Sassy Squatch
01-19-2021, 11:44 AM
There did seem to be some pretty hard feelings during the 2 plays where Henne willed us to the AFCCG. After the 3rd down run Kelce and Hill are really heated with BJ Goodson. Kind of surprised a flag wasn't thrown when Goodson jammed his hand into Hills facemask.

thechiefsrback
01-19-2021, 11:45 AM
Gut feeling says mahomes won’t play which will be disappointing. It’ll come down to the defense and Henne limiting his turnovers in order to win the game. Just hope chiefs keep it close and give themselves a chance

notorious
01-19-2021, 11:47 AM
Gut feeling says mahomes won’t play which will be disappointing. It’ll come down to the defense and Henne limiting his turnovers in order to win the game. Just hope chiefs keep it close and give themselves a chance

Wtf? ROFL

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 11:47 AM

Same here. When we win on Sunday, Reid and Henne need a statue outside of Arrowhead

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 11:48 AM

Um, no.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/season/2020/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/passingTouchdowns/dir/desc

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 11:51 AM
No kidding.

Dude can play. I want to see what he does during THE game on Sunday night, not the Saturday afternoon special.

All the chips are down, and you playing against the World Champs.

If we play more like Indy did on defense where we play lots of no pressure/soft zone, Allen will rip us up.

We need to show pressure all the time at LOS, mix up coverages with man/zone, throw off his pre-snap read to make him process the field, throw in amoeba fronts to disguise who is coming. Either send extra or bail. Don't get caught in the middle sending 4, vanilla.

Beat the hell out of Buffalo's small WR's at LOS every down.

Don't blitz up the middle (Morse) but off the edges and from his right side to make him move left.

Make Josh Allen play QB, don't let Daboll play Madden with Allen. Pull out the cord and let Allen figure stuff out on his own past his 1st read.

Do stuff more like that (and Spags had this pretty well down last time) and Buffalo's offense will have another clunker.

Dull Tools
Um, no.

And he played a game less.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Um, no.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/season/2020/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/passingTouchdowns/dir/desc

Total TDs yes he did

FloridaMan88
01-19-2021, 11:57 AM

Mahomes will 100% play on Sunday.

He didn’t sustain a concussion.

ChiTown
01-19-2021, 11:58 AM

It's so weird to me. Honestly, you are on a Chiefs Fan message board....seeking to do what, exactly? Have legit football convo about the X's & O's of the game? Nah, you are here to get opposing fans to validate your team. It's that simple, and it's pathetically insecure, IMO.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 11:59 AM
I've asked two dozen times to all these Bills pukes running around:

What changed from the last matchup and how are the Bills going to adapt their gameplan to hide their deficiencies:
-who covers Hill / Kelce
-Do you play back in zone (like last time) or do you play up and blitz more?
-how are you going to generate pressure with just 4 consistently
-Receiver matchups: Obviously Diggs is great, but who else? a gimpy Beasley?
-Bills Running game v. our running D (weakness against weakness)

All I get are crickets.....and THE BILLS ARE A DIFFERENT TEAM!!!!!!

Go to the Bills board.

They think that White can cover Hill.

They think they have a LB that can cover Kelce.

For some reason they think their DL can force Patrick to throw to the sidelines, where they think they can take advantage?

They think they can run against us.

They think our secondary is trash.

They are scared of CEH.

They think Andy's lying about Mahomes, and that he really does have a concussion. Many of them think Henne will start. That right there is hilarious.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 12:00 PM
It's so weird to me. Honestly, you are on a Chiefs Fan message board....seeking to do what, exactly? Have legit football convo about the X's & O's of the game? Nah, you are here to get opposing fans to validate your team. It's that simple, and it's pathetically insecure, IMO.

If it were about legitimate football conversation, they'd actually...you know...entertain other viewpoints.

The rigidity of the arguments suggests they're not here for "discussion" at all.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-19-2021, 12:05 PM
It was DC bullshit. Right or wrong is irrelevant. Caught red handed is fake. Talk until the other person is to bored to press on

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 12:05 PM
If it were about legitimate football conversation, they'd actually...you know...entertain other viewpoints.

The rigidity of the arguments suggests they're not here for "discussion" at all.

A couple of them weren't trolling. But some of the takes were just odd.

"We're hungrier."

Wtf does that mean? And how would you even know? How do you even evaluate how "hungry" one team is over another?

"We don't like to run."

BS. If they could run the ball effectively, they would, period. Like has nothing to do with it.

And so on. And then some of them call that kind of commentary "analysis."

Well, there's no way you can have a conversation about how "hungry" one team is over another, so . . . ?

ChiTown
01-19-2021, 12:07 PM
Meh. The tackle was awkward, but it's hard for me to say it was dirty.

It's football. There were probably a half dozen hits in that game all worse than that one. That's just a Mama Bear talking.

notorious
01-19-2021, 12:17 PM
Fans can try all they want, but the team itself needs to earn validation.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 12:23 PM
A couple of them weren't trolling. But some of the takes were just odd.

"We're hungrier."

Wtf does that mean? And how would you even know? How do you even evaluate how "hungry" one team is over another?

"We don't like to run."

BS. If they could run the ball effectively, they would, period. Like has nothing to do with it.

And so on. And then some of them call that kind of commentary "analysis."

Well, there's no way you can have a conversation about how "hungry" one team is over another, so . . . ?

Honestly, it's the ones that call us "arrogant" that got it started for me.

They come here telling us over and over how their team is this, and their QB is that, and all these stats and scores and everything and then think they can say "but the Chiefs probably win" and that makes US arrogant and them...what, "realistic?"

The passive-aggressive behavior is just ridiculous.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 12:24 PM
Fans can try all they want, but the team itself needs to earn validation.

And that's a problem for these guys.

Deep down, they probably know that the Chiefs likely win this weekend, so they're grasping at straws now.

ChiTown
01-19-2021, 12:32 PM

They come here telling us over and over how their team is this, and their QB is that, and all these stats and scores and everything and then think they can say "but the Chiefs probably win" and that makes US arrogant and them...what, "realistic?"

And quite frankly, why does ANY opposing fan give a shit what ChiefsPlanet thinks of their team? You want validation? Well, then you better hope your team wins on Sunday. That should be all the validation that is needed.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 12:33 PM
And quite frankly, why does ANY opposing fan give a shit what ChiefsPlanet thinks of their team? You want validation? Well, then you better hope your team wins on Sunday. That should be all the validation that is needed.

:bravo:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-19-2021, 12:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Henne came, he saw, he conquered �� <a href="https://t.co/9TmK8UzBfX">pic.twitter.com/9TmK8UzBfX</a></p>&mdash; Sports Illustrated (@SInow) <a href="https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1351188367803867144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
01-19-2021, 12:36 PM

Is there lots of Soy in Buffalo Wing sauce? That could explain it.

notorious
01-19-2021, 12:37 PM

Bingo

Bearcat
01-19-2021, 12:38 PM

Browns fans were far better at knowing exactly what their team was this season, being fully aware of weaknesses, and knowing their team is still at least a year away.

For the most part, they were here to basically see what we were saying and talk match ups.... and sure, there's always going to be some level of "I don't think you know how much so and so has improved" or whatever, but it also wasn't "Mayfield is basically Mahomes at this point" and trying to shove stats and narratives down our throats.

I miss Browns Week, they were cool.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 12:45 PM

I get it.

I don't really care if they view us as arrogant here in CP. They're over there upset that some of their posters that dropped in here this week got the CP hello ("drink anitfreeze!" etc.), and the usual CP-ese, and didn't get that most of that stuff is just tradition.

And if I'm going to be perfectly honest, there are times I purposefully post "arrogant" things. Sometimes because I'm hoping someone will call me out because I think it's funny, and sometimes just because I'm bored.

But they also don't get, understandably, just how bad the trolling in here was for the last two seasons. Every single week it was a new batch of trollsters in here yapping like chihuahuas in heat, and it got under our skin to a certain extent.

It's made some of a little defensive, i guess, and I get that.

They're basically virgins to being fans of a successful team. It's going to go to their heads a bit, and some are going to handle it poorly. i try to keep that in mind when they pop up.

But I got annoyed when one of them piped up with the whole "asterisk" thing. That was utter nonsense, and purposeful trolling.

But this morning I realized it's what we should expect. They're fans of a team that just this season has been really successful. Their first AFC-E title in thirty years? A real QB after the same period of time? Playing in their first AFCCG in about the same time?

They're extremely emotional (who wouldn't be with their team's history?), so they're kind of reaching for any argument to validate their team.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 12:48 PM
Browns fans were far better at knowing exactly what their team was this season, being fully aware of weaknesses, and knowing their team is still at least a year away.

For the most part, they were here to basically see what we were saying and talk match ups.... and sure, there's always going to be some level of "I don't think you know how much so and so has improved" or whatever, but it also wasn't "Mayfield is basically Mahomes at this point" and trying to shove stats and narratives down our throats.

I miss Browns Week, they were cool.

Look at this way.

How many of us went to Patriots forums in 2018 and proclaimed the stuff the Bills fans are spouting here? How many of us said upstart Mahomes was better than Tom Brady and posted mountains of stats to prove it? I mean a couple of them are posting dozens of posts a day. I certainly hope no CP'ers do that shit.

And you can't back that off by saying "but the Chiefs win 60% of the time". That's just disingenuous.

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 12:48 PM
Go to the Bills board.

For some reason they think their DL can force Patrick to throw to the sidelines, where they think they can take advantage?

They are scared of CEH.

They think Andy's lying about Mahomes, and that he really does have a concussion. Many of them think Henne will start. That right there is hilarious.

Sounds like a winning game plan.

DaFace
01-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Go to the Bills board.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/535/091/d97.jpg

pugsnotdrugs19
01-19-2021, 12:56 PM
WADR, nope, not touching the Bills board.

Of course they believe all those things, they’re trying to cling to any hope they can come up with now that it seems pretty reasonable to assume Mahomes plays. I know how this is going to end. With the Chiefs winning the game, going to the Super Bowl. Could dive into the details of it, sure, and I have in some recent posts.

I’m just uber confident in this one. I respect the Bills, they’re very good, and it wouldn’t shock me if they do make a Super Bowl in say the next 5 years. But this ain’t gonna be the one. The Chiefs are just now starting their run, really this past Sunday.

Bearcat
01-19-2021, 12:57 PM
Look at this way.

How many of us went to Patriots forums in 2018 and proclaimed the stuff the Bills fans are spouting here? How many of us said upstart Mahomes was better than Tom Brady and posted mountains of stats to prove it? I mean a couple of them are posting dozens of posts a day. I certainly hope no CP'ers do that shit.

And you can't back that off by saying "but the Chiefs win 60% of the time". That's just disingenuous.

I do think as a group we're sometimes overly defensive or protective of what we're witnessing with this team... after all, we waited 50 years for it and the Browns or Bills aren't just going to come in and take it.

And that's where we see some of the posts where they speak really highly of Josh Allen and then qualify it with the 60% or whatever. I think some of the non-trolls are trying to express their excitement, yet at the same time stay realistic.

Had I gone to PatriotsPlanet in 2018, I wouldn't have shoved stats down their throats like the trolls here, but it might have been tough to convey the excitement of Mahomes and the fact that the Chiefs will always have a chance if he's healthy, without coming off like I was saying the Chiefs are here to dismantle your dynasty.

KChiefs1
01-19-2021, 12:59 PM
Never been to any opponents forum.

What’s the point?

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 12:59 PM
WADR, nope, not touching the Bills board.

Of course they believe all those things, they’re trying to cling to any hope they can come up with now that it seems pretty reasonable to assume Mahomes plays. I know how this is going to end. With the Chiefs winning the game, going to the Super Bowl. Could dive into the details of it, sure, and I have in some recent posts.

I’m just uber confident in this one. I respect the Bills, they’re very good, and it wouldn’t shock me if they do make a Super Bowl in say the next 5 years. But this ain’t gonna be the one. The Chiefs are just now starting their run, really this past Sunday.

My feeling as well.

BUF just doesn't quite have all the necessary horses yet. They're close, but not close enough. Yet. They need to pick up some pieces on defense, need a real running game, and a legit TE, at a minimum.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 01:03 PM
Never been to any opponents forum.

What’s the point?

Boredom.

And curiosity. I like a lot of varying POV. Multiple angles.

Most of the time it's just for laughs, but every once in a while you can find an interesting point or perspective.

I don't post on them, btw. I don't even join. I just lurk around. Either to see what they're saying about the Chiefs if we're about to play them, or to see what they're saying about our next opponent, if they're in the same division or they just played our next opponent.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 01:07 PM
Boredom.

And curiosity. I like a lot of varying POV. Multiple angles.

Most of the time it's just for laughs, but every once in a while you can find an interesting point or perspective.

I don't post on them, btw. I don't even join. I just lurk around. Either to see what they're saying about the Chiefs if we're about to play them, or to see what they're saying about our next opponent, if they're in the same division or they just played our next opponent.

Yeah, I don't want to offend you or anything but what you describe is not the same. There's NO WAY these guys are making dozens of posts an hour - over a hundred a day - just because they're bored or looking for a solitary interesting post.

The volume of content suggests it's something else altogether.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-19-2021, 01:14 PM
Go to the Bills board.

They are scared of CEH.

Such an echo chamber of them not wanting Mahomes to play... They are calling BS on any "nerve" that could get pinched or anything other than a concussion that could have occured in the 1.5 seconds of the tackle. They obviously haven't even attempted to look at what folks are saying about a Brachial Stun, or Vasovagal Syncope... They are so hoping...

Fine with me, Mahomes was fine 5 minutes after this tackle with no risk of playing, however, it was hard to determine that on Sunday. I'm sure extra test were done over the past 24 hours on his neck area and he will pass everything concussion related and will light the Bills up on Sunday...

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I don't want to offend you or anything but what you describe is not the same. There's NO WAY these guys are making dozens of posts an hour - over a hundred a day - just because they're bored or looking for a solitary interesting post.

The volume of content suggests it's something else altogether.

No, not at all. It appears that I have once again misunderstood the purpose of that other post. I thought he was asking me why I would check out another forum.

My bad.

I agree; a lot of these guys seem bent on stirring the pot, not actual conversation.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 01:24 PM
No, not at all. It appears that I have once again misunderstood the purpose of that other post. I thought he was asking me why I would check out another forum.

My bad.

I agree; a lot of these guys seem bent on stirring the pot, not actual conversation.

No, sorry, I don't think you misunderstood.

All I'm saying is that your reasons for visiting another forum (boredom) is NOT the same as these guys, as evidenced by the fact that you mostly lurk while they produce more posts than a half dozen CP regulars per hour.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 01:48 PM
ROFL:p

They're still over there on the BUFs forum thinking Andy is lying about Mahomes 'concussion.' It's now a conspiracy between Andy and the League, ffs!

pugsnotdrugs19
01-19-2021, 01:49 PM
ROFL:p

They're still over there on the BUFs forum thinking Andy is lying about Mahomes 'concussion.' It's now a conspiracy between Andy and the League, ffs!

LMAO

As ridiculous as it is, I find it equally laughable that they even want to play the Chiefs without Mahomes.

I’m sorry, but if you make the Super Bowl by beating the Chad Henne led Chiefs, it absolutely gets an * placed by it in my mind. If their fans want that, I guess that’s desperation for you.

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 01:52 PM
Such an echo chamber of them not wanting Mahomes to play... They are calling BS on any "nerve" that could get pinched or anything other than a concussion that could have occured in the 1.5 seconds of the tackle. They obviously haven't even attempted to look at what folks are saying about a Brachial Stun, or Vasovagal Syncope... They are so hoping...

Fine with me, Mahomes was fine 5 minutes after this tackle with no risk of playing, however, it was hard to determine that on Sunday. I'm sure extra test were done over the past 24 hours on his neck area and he will pass everything concussion related and will light the Bills up on Sunday...

To be fair, not all of them hope Patrick can't play, but there's more than a few.

They also seem to think that CEH isn't playing, so I guess they don't have access to up-to-date news on the Chiefs? And none of them have even heard of Sneed, which I guess isn't as surprising, but considering that Sneed has made a splash play in every game he's played (iirc), you'd think at least a couple of them would've heard of the guy.

RunKC
01-19-2021, 01:55 PM
McDermott has done a fantastic job with that franchise and as much as I hate the bald headed fuck, Daboll has to get a ton of credit. I’m not sure I’ve seen an improvement as big as Josh Allen’s in such a small amount of time.

They really need a pass rusher and they also need another weapon for Allen, preferably a TE. I foresee them doubling up on weapons for the guy like many teams did in this years draft.

It will be a good game but I don’t think that Buffalo is there yet. Plus our coaches are money. When you’ve got the QB and the coaching advantage, nothing else really matters.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-19-2021, 01:59 PM
To be fair, not all of them hope Patrick can't play, but there's more than a few.

They also seem to think that CEH isn't playing, so I guess they don't have access to up-to-date news on the Chiefs? And none of them have even heard of Sneed, which I guess isn't as surprising, but considering that Sneed has made a splash play in every game he's played (iirc), you'd think at least a couple of them would've heard of the guy.

I see some guys posting, "that's a concussion and they are risking his long term health if he plays, but I hope he plays." There are a few that truly want him to play, but the vast majority think its a conspiracy if he does. Mahomes is playing, he didn't have a concussion and will light them up...

duncan_idaho
01-19-2021, 01:59 PM
Go to the Bills board.

They are scared of CEH.

That's really interesting. And by interesting, i mean it's a hilarious combination of hopeful wishes.

White on Hill with no safety help? Good luck with that. Now, if they want to dedicate White and keep both safeties deep, yes, that would limit Hill's impact (though if White is chasing Hill all game, we'll see how his conditioning holds up).

The fact they think Matt Milano is going to stop Kelce this time is freaking hilarious.

I don't understand why they'd think their DL can force Mahomes to do ANYTHING. It isn't that good and couldn't do anything against the Chiefs with the scramble-drill OL in game one.

The Chiefs' secondary is consistently underrated. Lajerius Sneed is going to make as big an impact in this game as Milano returning for them, easily, and more so, IMO.

The only thing that's accurate is that they should be scared of Clyde.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-19-2021, 02:03 PM
for those interested in lurking on their conversation about Mahomes:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/230632-mahomes-passed-all-tests-last-night-appears-to-be-pinched-nerve-not-a-concussion/

Megatron96
01-19-2021, 02:07 PM
That's really interesting. And by interesting, i mean it's a hilarious combination of hopeful wishes.

White on Hill with no safety help? Good luck with that. Now, if they want to dedicate White and keep both safeties deep, yes, that would limit Hill's impact (though if White is chasing Hill all game, we'll see how his conditioning holds up).

The fact they think Matt Milano is going to stop Kelce this time is freaking hilarious.

I don't understand why they'd think their DL can force Mahomes to do ANYTHING. It isn't that good and couldn't do anything against the Chiefs with the scramble-drill OL in game one.

The Chiefs' secondary is consistently underrated. Lajerius Sneed is going to make as big an impact in this game as Milano returning for them, easily, and more so, IMO.

The only thing that's accurate is that they should be scared of Clyde.

I don't know if they think White can actually go 1v1 with Hill, but they seem to think White can hold his own vs. Hill, which is kind of hilarious all by itself.

Yeah, the Kelce thing is just delusional.

But this is a fanbase that was just here yesterday telling us that BUF was "hungrier than the Chiefs." As if you could know that, or that it would make any difference in the actual game.

They think they're more "battle-tested," (how?), and "grittier," (what?) than the Chiefs, and because of these heart-felt, but unquantifiable emotions, they're going to win.

Like any of that is going to make up for the cold, hard facts: they aren't good at stopping the run, and CEH is going to play. They can't cover Kelce. They can't cover Hill. And they can't stop Mahomes from doing Mahomes' things. They can't consistently generate a pass-rush with their DL. And we have the better defense.

They have a good team. But they're still a few pieces away.

Marcellus
01-19-2021, 02:12 PM

Because we all run a 4.3 40, bench 500lbs, and have 12" cocks, thats why.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 02:21 PM
Another thing that Bufalo fans believe is that Indy and Baltimore have a far better defense than KC.

Before we rested our starters

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-points-per-game?date=2020-12-31

Baltimore 4th 20 points allowed per game
KC 6th 21.6 points allowed per game

Indy 12th 23.2 points per game

Oh and here's Buffalo

Buffalo 15th 23.3

Not only is is Buffalo the weakest defense left other than Green Bay, KC has the best scoring defense left in the entire playoffs. That's in addition to HOF coach, generational QB.

And it gets better..or worse, if you're from Buffalo.

KC scheme is deadlier than Indy or Baltimore against their offense because someone in our film room KNOWS all of Allen's weaknesses and will exploit them better than Baltimore or Indy with their soft vanilla zone/no pressure crap. Baltimore has better corners but they don't have safety like Mathieu or Chris Jones. Safety/Elite Pass Rush players more important in defending what Buffalo wants to do on offense.

duncan_idaho
01-19-2021, 02:29 PM
I don't know if they think White can actually go 1v1 with Hill, but they seem to think White can hold his own vs. Hill, which is kind of hilarious all by itself.

Yeah, the Kelce thing is just delusional.

But this is a fanbase that was just here yesterday telling us that BUF was "hungrier than the Chiefs." As if you could know that, or that it would make any difference in the actual game.

They think they're more "battle-tested," (how?), and "grittier," (what?) than the Chiefs, and because of these heart-felt, but unquantifiable emotions, they're going to win.

Like any of that is going to make up for the cold, hard facts: they aren't good at stopping the run, and CEH is going to play. They can't cover Kelce. They can't cover Hill. And they can't stop Mahomes from doing Mahomes' things. They can't consistently generate a pass-rush with their DL. And we have the better defense.

They have a good team. But they're still a few pieces away.

Yeah. They are really close. They have a huge amount of cap space. Upgrade their running game and pass rush and 2021 may be a different story.

But for now? That matchup just isn't there.

Lzen
01-19-2021, 02:31 PM
And one thing that nobody has mentioned so far is the fact that KC is the team that has been there. I think that has to count for something. When we're talking about being hungry, I'm pretty sure that any team that has made it this far is about as hungry for a SB as you can be. But what happens when KC is up big in the 4th and Allen and the Bills have to start making plays to get back in the game? Or even if KC is down by a few points and Mahomes starts to really shred their defense, how do they react? The Chiefs have been there. I think we all know how they will react. But will the Bills stand strong? Or will they fold like a house of cards? :hmmm:

ptlyon
01-19-2021, 02:33 PM
Or even if KC is down by a few points and Mahomes starts to really shred their defense, how do they react? The Chiefs have been there. I think we all know how they will react. But will the Bills stand strong? Or will they fold like a house of cards? :hmmm:

See also: San Francisco

notorious
01-19-2021, 02:39 PM
No kidding.

All the chips are down, and you are playing against the World Champs.

And one thing that nobody has mentioned so far is the fact that KC is the team that has been there. I think that has to count for something. When we're talking about being hungry, I'm pretty sure that any team that has made it this far is about as hungry for a SB as you can be. But what happens when KC is up big in the 4th and Allen and the Bills have to start making plays to get back in the game? Or even if KC is down by a few points and Mahomes starts to really shred their defense, how do they react? The Chiefs have been there. I think we all know how they will react. But will the Bills stand strong? Or will they fold like a house of cards? :hmmm:

Cough, Cough.

Protocal69
01-19-2021, 02:47 PM
The amount of people saying Allen is close to overtaking Mahomes. People have such short term memories. They have been starting QBs for the same amount of time.

Allen really didn't play well against the Ravens and he wasn't much better against the Colts. He has had a really good season but they really need to calm down the hype.

So 320 yards and 3 total TD is not a good game against a good Colts front 7. I know you in live in a Mahomes world now but wow.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 03:10 PM

It's Buffalo, they don't have color TV there yet.

MahomesMagic
01-19-2021, 03:11 PM

Buffalo is a team that I see running through the wall almost every regular season game. That's a credit to McDermott who remade the roster to get veterans and players that would buy into that.

KC is a team that doesn't do that all the time. Way more stars and Reid doesn't crack the whip that often..only when needed.

I just think Buffalo we have seen their best (they are built and run that way). KC has another gear.

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 03:15 PM
Another thing that Bufalo fans believe is that Indy and Baltimore have a far better defense than KC.

Before we rested our starters

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-points-per-game?date=2020-12-31

Baltimore 4th 20 points allowed per game
KC 6th 21.6 points allowed per game

Indy 12th 23.2 points per game

Oh and here's Buffalo

Buffalo 15th 23.3

Not only is is Buffalo the weakest defense left other than Green Bay, KC has the best scoring defense left in the entire playoffs. That's in addition to HOF coach, generational QB.

And it gets better..or worse, if you're from Buffalo.

KC scheme is deadlier than Indy or Baltimore against their offense because someone in our film room KNOWS all of Allen's weaknesses and will exploit them better than Baltimore or Indy with their soft vanilla zone/no pressure crap. Baltimore has better corners but they don't have safety like Mathieu or Chris Jones. Safety/Elite Pass Rush players more important in defending what Buffalo wants to do on offense.

That 4th ranked Baltimore defense gave up over 40 points to the Browns. The Browns were the hottest offense in the league the last quarter of the season other than the Bills.

And they scored 17 points.

I said it earlier this morning - the Browns fans scoffed when I said there was no way the Browns would score 30 on the Chiefs. ZERO CHANCE.

I'm not ready to name my score yet but if Bills fans think they're dropping 35-40 on the Chiefs, that ain't happening.

Protocal69
01-19-2021, 03:16 PM
If we play more like Indy did on defense where we play lots of no pressure/soft zone, Allen will rip us up.

We need to show pressure all the time at LOS, mix up coverages with man/zone, throw off his pre-snap read to make him process the field, throw in amoeba fronts to disguise who is coming. Either send extra or bail. Don't get caught in the middle sending 4, vanilla.

Beat the hell out of Buffalo's small WR's at LOS every down.

Don't blitz up the middle (Morse) but off the edges and from his right side to make him move left.

Make Josh Allen play QB, don't let Daboll play Madden with Allen. Pull out the cord and let Allen figure stuff out on his own past his 1st read.

Do stuff more like that (and Spags had this pretty well down last time) and Buffalo's offense will have another clunker.

Make Josh Allen play QB? What the hell is that suppose to mean. That would be like a Bills fans saying make Mahomes play QB. Allen goes through his 3 and 4th reads and looks off safeties on the regular. Basically Mahomes and Allen is almost the same player with Mahomes having more weapons.

Your take was horrible and I can tell you haven't watch many BILLS games

FloridaMan88
01-19-2021, 03:17 PM
I guess Buffalo fans have to convince themselves the Ravens defense is great since it shut down their supposedly high flying offense on Saturday, holding them to 10 points (the other 7 points was on the pick 6).

htismaqe
Make Josh Allen play QB? What the hell is that suppose to mean. That would be like a Bills fans saying make Mahomes play QB. Allen goes through his 3 and 4th reads and looks off safeties on the regular. Bascially Mahommes and Alllen is almost the same play with Mahomes having more weapons.

Your take was horrible and I can tell you haven't watch many BILLS games

That part in bold is hilarious.

warpaint*
LMAO

As ridiculous as it is, I find it equally laughable that they even want to play the Chiefs without Mahomes.

I’m sorry, but if you make the Super Bowl by beating the Chad Henne led Chiefs, it absolutely gets an * placed by it in my mind. If their fans want that, I guess that’s desperation for you.

There isn’t a team in the league that wants Mahomes.

I wouldn’t mind dealing with Jordan Love in the Super Bowl if I do say so myself

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 03:19 PM
I guess Buffalo fans have to convince themselves the Ravens defense is great since it shut down their supposedly high flying offense on Saturday, holding them to 10 points (the other 7 points was on the pick 6).

BUT THE WIND!!!!

Marcellus
01-19-2021, 03:19 PM

The Ravens defense we put 27 on in the first half earlier this year?

htismaqe
01-19-2021, 03:21 PM
The Ravens defense we put 27 on in the first half earlier this year?

Doesn't matter. It was week 3.

Heck, even the week 6 win over Buffalo doesn't matter. Only the last 10 weeks count. Plus the weather was bad and Josh Allen was wearing a shoulder harness.