PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Old fart question

InChiefsHeaven
01-28-2021, 05:27 PM
OK, so I've watched a bunch of Mic'd Up videos for the Chiefs...and a lot of the time they say things to each other like "I see you 5" or "way to be 5"...

...what the hell this the meaning of "5"?

I have to take my medicine and watch reruns of Matlock, but I'll be checking in later for the answer. Thanks...

Donger
01-28-2021, 05:31 PM
OK, so I've watched a bunch of Mic'd Up videos for the Chiefs...and a lot of the time they say things to each other like "I see you 5" or "way to be 5"...

I have to take my medicine and watch reruns of Matlock, but I'll be checking in later for the answer. Thanks...

I've heard Mathieu say it. I believe that he's referring to the second number of a player's jersey number. And, I'm 94.6% positive that he is not being insulting calling everyone "dawg."

wazu
01-28-2021, 05:34 PM
It's Tyrann's third nickname for himself. His jersey number has a "3" and a "2", which he adds together and calls himself "5" in third person.

Kiimo
01-28-2021, 05:38 PM
Similarly when sitting on the toilet shirtless I look down at my nipples and say I see you, number 2

tyecopeland
01-28-2021, 07:43 PM
I've heard Mathieu say it. I believe that he's referring to the second number of a player's jersey number. And, I'm 94.6% positive that he is not being insulting calling everyone "dawg."

He is when he calls them a chihuahua.

alanm
01-28-2021, 08:03 PM
I've no clue WTF you're talking about and I prefer In the Heat of the Night. :thumb: Funny how those 2 shows are on back to back on WGN or some other channel. PS I've not watched either since the late 80's or such when both my parents were alive and I'd come home to Omaha to visit. :(

InChiefsHeaven
01-28-2021, 08:08 PM
It's Tyrann's third nickname for himself. His jersey number has a "3" and a "2", which he adds together and calls himself "5" in third person.

Yeah, I thought it had something to do with his number, but I could swear I've heard him say it to someone else...and that someone else has said it.

But I admit, I have not paid THAT much attention. OK...so it's just a Honey Badger thing then. I was worried I was not hip...of course, saying "hip" sort of shows that anyway...

TwistedChief
01-28-2021, 08:13 PM
This sounds like a math question. You should direct this to our resident mathematician Pete.

stevieray
01-28-2021, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I thought it had something to do with his number, but I could swear I've heard him say it to someone else...and that someone else has said it.

But I admit, I have not paid THAT much attention. OK...so it's just a Honey Badger thing then. I was worried I was not hip...of course, saying "hip" sort of shows that anyway...

It's hip to be square

/Huey

Jewish Rabbi
01-28-2021, 09:01 PM
This sounds like a math question. You should direct this to our resident mathematician Pete.

Thought Pete was the spelling expert? And JJ is good at math and counting how old the earth is.

Bowser
01-28-2021, 09:10 PM

BACK IN MY DAY FOOTBALL PLAYERS CALLED EACH OTHER BY THEIR LAST NAMES AND THEY LIKED IT

https://stockhead.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

InChiefsHeaven
01-28-2021, 09:27 PM
BACK IN MY DAY FOOTBALL PLAYERS CALLED EACH OTHER BY THEIR LAST NAMES AND THEY LIKED IT

https://stockhead.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

Damn straight...now

https://media1.giphy.com/media/11uV3l0wNmMIr6/200.gif

SuperBowl4
01-28-2021, 11:51 PM
HAPPY HOUR :toast: