PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Mahomes loses this game, he cannot catch Brady: Romo

DTVietnam
01-28-2021, 11:11 PM
I believe this is true. To be the true GOAT when all is said and done he must beat Brady this year.

Thoughts?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;This is the biggest game Patrick Mahomes will ever play in for the rest of his career... If he loses this game, he cannot catch Tom Brady, in my opinion.&quot;<br><br>- <a href="https://twitter.com/tonyromo?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@tonyromo</a> <a href="https://t.co/zHM8A9xuVy">pic.twitter.com/zHM8A9xuVy</a></p>&mdash; NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1354942611073675268?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 29, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
01-28-2021, 11:13 PM
Which is why I think we get calls in THE SB..Mahomes chasing Brady to be the best of all time for the next 15 years is a far better ongoing narrative for the NFL than Oh Brady won he's the best no one can catch him.

smithandrew051
01-28-2021, 11:15 PM
He’s probably right.

If an old Brady beats a prime Mahomes (even if Mahomes plays well and Brady throws 3 picks), every “expert” will just say that this is proof that prime Brady was clearly better.

Halfcan
01-28-2021, 11:20 PM
Romo will never catch Mahomes.

bringbackmarty
01-28-2021, 11:22 PM
Uhh, Brady was and always will be helped by Bill and his defense. Not doing shit this year, My guess is we run off another two sb's, Andy retires, maybe a down year or two, Mahomes runs off two more, down year, two more, down year or two one more. Difference is Mahomes never loses a SB. Cause he's the GOAT.

New World Order
01-28-2021, 11:28 PM
He’s right but we’re going to win

Titty Meat
01-28-2021, 11:29 PM
K

SuperBowl4
01-28-2021, 11:31 PM
Go drink another Corona Beer Tony.

Ming the Merciless
01-28-2021, 11:35 PM
why do his eyes look fucking weird like someone stuck a botox filled penis in his eye a bunch of times??

KC_Connection
01-28-2021, 11:37 PM
He's only right if you're talking about the general public perception. But Brady has been overrated for years by the general public perception, so I put little stock into that anyway.

Mahomes has played the last 3 years at a level that Brady never did and is showing no signs of slowing yet. The discourse could be much different in say, 5 or 10 years.

KC Hawks
01-28-2021, 11:41 PM
Guess Eli is the GOAT then.

DTVietnam
01-28-2021, 11:44 PM
He's only right if you're talking about the general public perception. But Brady has been overrated for years by the general public perception, so I put little stock into that anyway.

Mahomes has played the last 3 years at a level that Brady never did and is showing no signs of slowing yet. The discourse could be much different in say, 5 or 10 years.

hard to call a guy who needs 2 hands to fit all his rings overrated ..

and a guy who has just taken a brand new team and system to the superbowl at age 43. .

Brady talent wise is not the GOAT but he has that special something that Michael Jordan had and that I believe Mahomes has. .

srvy
01-28-2021, 11:51 PM
Romo is such a dick I can't stand this overrated prick. He is trying to put undue pressure on the kid. Two things Romo is known for. A certified Brady ball washer and a notorious choke artist.

Why Not?
01-28-2021, 11:56 PM
Further proving how great Mahomes is. Third year as a starter and 25 years old and the media is trying to drum this up to be a must win legacy play.

cosmo20002
01-29-2021, 12:04 AM
QBs playing "against each other" is completely overrated.
Let's just pretend there's no such thing as defense and other factors that are completely out of their hands.

DTVietnam
01-29-2021, 12:12 AM
Romo is such a dick I can't stand this overrated prick. He is trying to put undue pressure on the kid. Two things Romo is known for. A certified Brady ball washer and a notorious choke artist.

Hes the best commentator imo...

Him and Nantz are the 2 I enjoy the most

RealSNR
01-29-2021, 12:14 AM
Fucking overrated as hell color commentator.

"But he called the Bob Sutton defenses lol"

Yeah, then Andy Reid shoved a pole up his ass on 4th down against Cleveland.

Maybe that's a sign he should shut the fuck up and that he doesn't actually know everything.

UChieffyBugger
01-29-2021, 12:43 AM
The media are gonna drum this narrative up heavy next week and sadly one our own (Nick Wright) has been one of the main guys voicing this opinion. I don't like it but no doubt Pat will keep his head down and be focused on the task at hand. If Brady loses three times in a row to the same guy on his own field then what? Funny how folks aren't talking about that huh? Smh.

KC_Connection
01-29-2021, 12:47 AM
hard to call a guy who needs 2 hands to fit all his rings overrated ..

It's actually quite easy. And that's exactly why he is overrated. He gets overly credited for having stacked teams when he almost never was the best QB in the league at any given time in his career.

Brady is not Jordan in any sense of the word other than being lucky enough to play on the best teams in the sport for a long stretch.

KC_Connection
01-29-2021, 12:48 AM
Further proving how great Mahomes is. Third year as a starter and 25 years old and the media is trying to drum this up to be a must win legacy play.
Reminds me of how they treat every playoff series LeBron has played for over a dozen years now because of the MJ comp. He's on that kind of track.

ClevelandBronco
01-29-2021, 12:50 AM
Y’all can begin submitting other nominees for GOAT in about 15 years. Until then, there’s no real discussion—only hype.

tk13
01-29-2021, 12:51 AM
There's probably some truth to it. Message boards across the world have wasted a massive amount of bandwidth arguing things like LeBron vs Jordan. People love those generational arguments across every sport. Whoever wins this game is going to have an upper hand in that conversation, probably forever.

Bill Brasky
01-29-2021, 01:06 AM
QBs playing "against each other" is completely overrated.
Let's just pretend there's no such thing as defense and other factors that are completely out of their hands.

I’m more concerned about losing not having Fisher than “Mahomes vs Brady.”

But in the court of public opinion, I do think Romo is correct. The media loves narratives. The best thing you can do is turn it off and just watch the game!

BWillie
01-29-2021, 01:10 AM
I actually agree with him. You cant lose to Brady twice in the SB and then AFC Championship when Brady was in his 40s

Rasputin
01-29-2021, 01:14 AM
I hope they check the air pressure of the Bucs footballs before during and after the game.

BlackOp
01-29-2021, 01:15 AM
If Mahomes wins 3 SBs, I'll be happy....as long as he isn't suspended for cheating and smashes his phone....and the Chiefs arent repeatedly caught cheating as well.

Montana will always be better than Brady in my eyes...he didn't need the refs to save him every time it looked like he might lose an AFCCG.

The Jaguars championship game was embarrassing...

Brady's legacy is part reality and part fiction...NFL used him to propel their brand, internationally. They artificially invented and sustained his career. He was the first QB of this kind...

Roethlisberger is the only other active QB with more than one SB win...Horseface had two SB wins..had to cheat the cap to do it

Pretty wild to know that Mahomes and Big Rape are the only active starting AFC QBs that have won a Superbowl.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-29-2021, 01:15 AM
Some people will take comments like this as a slight, but it’s a pretty big compliment to be discussing the possibility of GOAT status a few years into a player’s career.

carcosa
01-29-2021, 01:40 AM
Brady is certainly the greatest game manager of all time

Chieftain
01-29-2021, 01:55 AM
Not only will Mahomes win this game, it will be so convincing that soon after people will start referring to him as the real GOAT.
Brady is the luckiest mf in the history of the league. Majority of his SB success was thanks to playing in teams with elite defenses and a genious coach. His playoff numbers are abhorrent. He was bailed out countless times in games leading to the SB. Think about the game against the Rams. If Blake Bortles was QB of that Patriots team they win the SB. People look at his wins and automatically think GOAT. So tired of hearing that shit. He never passed the eye test and doesn't have the individual stats to back up his greatness.

TwistedChief
01-29-2021, 03:42 AM
If Mahomes beats Brady in the SB and then takes home 2 more rings after that, I think he'll legitimately have a great case for GOAT staus.

If Mahomes loses to Brady, that debate is settled. It just is.

Of course, Mahomes is still the far superior and more talented QB. That's indisputable.

Tribal Warfare
01-29-2021, 05:11 AM
Mahomes' legacy would definitely take a hit if he loses to Brady and the Bucs

InChiefsHeaven
01-29-2021, 05:26 AM

Hear that Patrick? You know what to do...

Pablo
01-29-2021, 06:00 AM
Brady is certainly the greatest game manager of all time

True. A slightly better, pedophilic Alex Smith in my eyes.

tmax63
01-29-2021, 06:42 AM
TB12 owns a shit load of records just because he has played for about 3-5 years longer than anyone else and has only missed 1 season to injury. It will almost impossible to expect anyone to beat most of those "longevity" records and to be the GOAT you got to own the records or beat the existing GOAT. Brady has set the bar pretty high even though I dislike him immensely and the best way for PMII to take the title from him would be to beat him 3 out of 5 meetings including the SB.

stevieray
01-29-2021, 07:17 AM
I really don't care if he "catches" Brady.

He's on a path to establish the Chiefs as one of the premier teams in the history of the league.

Win back to back Championships. That's huge in itself.

TLO
01-29-2021, 07:39 AM
****ing overrated as hell color commentator.

"But he called the Bob Sutton defenses lol"

Yeah, then Andy Reid shoved a pole up his ass on 4th down against Cleveland.

Maybe that's a sign he should shut the **** up and that he doesn't actually know everything.

I like the part last Sunday when Jim Nantz was about to have a stroke trying to say the officials missed DW being down short of the goal line.

Straight, No Chaser
01-29-2021, 07:58 AM
LOL considering no one can see the future, he might be right for the Jordan v. LeBron & Bruce Lee v Tyson types.

Fascinating collection of Jamboree colored dildoes in the background

OrtonsPiercedTaint
01-29-2021, 08:03 AM
& The Cowboys are America's Team

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-29-2021, 08:08 AM

No really, he's paid to analyze and comment and he does a good job during games. He is doing nothing here but speaking the truth, this Superbowl Matchup will likely not happen again next year, it's Mahomes one chance, whether thats fair or not.

tredadda
01-29-2021, 08:11 AM
More to being the GOAT than just winning rings, especially in a team game. If the Bucs win this game it will be very hard for Mahomes to catch Brady in rings.. That's why you have to look at the total body of work. Dilfer has more rings than Marino but no one in their right mind would put Diller ahead of Marino.

htismaqe
01-29-2021, 08:13 AM
The whole discussion is moot.

Patrick Mahomes is not losing.

Deberg_1990
01-29-2021, 08:15 AM

He's on a path to establish the Chiefs as one of the premier teams in the history of the league.

Same. I just don’t care. Let Mahomes be his own thing.

R Clark
01-29-2021, 08:22 AM
I have had my fill of listening to Romo

Lzen
01-29-2021, 08:25 AM
I'm already sick and tired of this narrative.

notorious
01-29-2021, 08:26 AM
Just go out and play your game, Patrick.

It will all work itself out.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-29-2021, 09:17 AM
Some of the post in here are interesting... If we win, and then we only win 1 or 2 more over the next 15 years with this generational talent, it will seem like a letdown. Weird place we are from 5 years ago...

KChiefs1
01-29-2021, 09:25 AM

The pressure is on.

KChiefs1
01-29-2021, 09:26 AM
I'm already sick and tired of this narrative.

The Super Bowl is still over a week away. Toughen up buttercup.

arrwheader
01-29-2021, 09:34 AM
Uhh, Brady was and always will be helped by Bill and his defense. Not doing shit this year, My guess is we run off another two sb's, Andy retires, maybe a down year or two, Mahomes runs off two more, down year, two more, down year or two one more. Difference is Mahomes never loses a SB. Cause he's the GOAT.

Reid will Coach into his early 70's at least I could see. Doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to retire and play gold. Loves the game. That what like ten years?

I think we win this one we are poised to threepeat. I think then, we may have a down year or two but back in it and never completely out of the hunt with Mahomes.

RunKC
01-29-2021, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately he’s right. This is a huge legacy game.

But even if Patrick loses he’s still got a ton of opportunity left. Right now there is no Peyton Manning standing in his way like there way Tom Brady. There will be an occasional fuck up loss to some QB in the playoffs that’s not as good as Patrick. That happens to every QB.

But there really isn’t anything in the way of the Chiefs going back to the Super Bowl for years to come.

Prison Bitch
01-29-2021, 10:21 AM
He was never going to catch him becasue Mahomes won’t play till 43.

FloridaMan88
01-29-2021, 10:31 AM
Some of Brady’s Super Bowls are tainted due to rampant cheating, including this year when he’s obviously on a Lance Armstrong-caliber PED regiment.

Bob Dole
01-29-2021, 10:54 AM
No really, he's paid to analyze and comment and he does a good job during games. He is doing nothing here but speaking the truth, this Superbowl Matchup will likely not happen again next year, it's Mahomes one chance, whether thats fair or not.

At least he gets the ball this time.

htismaqe
01-29-2021, 10:55 AM
He was never going to catch him becasue Mahomes won’t play till 43.

Stop.

Megatron96
01-29-2021, 11:17 AM
Honestly, it's not like Patrick had a great shot at catching him anyway. Reaching 10 SBs is like climbing Mt. Everest; the odds are very small that anyone will get to the top.

If he does it, that'll be incredible, like going to Mars. But there's about 100,000 things that could derail that journey along the way.

Gary Cooper
01-29-2021, 11:25 AM
More to being the GOAT than just winning rings, especially in a team game. If the Bucs win this game it will be very hard for Mahomes to catch Brady in rings.. That's why you have to look at the total body of work. Dilfer has more rings than Marino but no one in their right mind would put Diller ahead of Marino.

The media is picky and choosy. They talk about rings between Lebron vs. Jordan but never mention that Russell or Kareem existed.

In football, they talk about Brady as the GOAT largely because of Super Bowls. He's not a better QB than Rodgers or Manning and I saw all three in their primes. I won't speak about Montana or Marino because I never saw them in their primes.

Being the best player and having the best career is not necessarily the same. Brady is easily the most accomplished QB in history, but I can't say he's the best I've ever seen because he isn't.

Azide22
01-29-2021, 11:42 AM
I don't care about "GOAT" talk. Who cares? I want this win, and while I'd love to win every SB for all of Mahomes career (Won't), I want to live in this moment, and a win in this moment to enjoy now. If we worry about next year, and 6 years from now, this can NEVER be fun until Mahomes' career ends. Enjoy the greatness of now.

What I absolutely know, is I've never liked Brady, and I think Mahomes is the most fun, and best I've ever seen, and that makes me think Mahomes is my favorite ("GOAT") already.

Bearcat
01-29-2021, 11:46 AM
I get it, but seems shortsighted in terms of all possible narratives over the next decade and a half, and that we would still point back to this single game as some sort of tiebreaker.

Who knows about other QBs emerging as "the next one" and what that looks like in terms of a Manning rivalry or a "Mahomes equal" in the NFC that Mahomes beats in 4 SBs, etc.

Football's never had a QB equivalent of a Gretzky or Jordan (at least not in decades) who the vast majority of people say is hands down the GOAT. There's always been the debate of stats versus SBs, etc.... and even today, Brady's considered the GOAT for team accomplishments and not so much blowing away other QBs in stats or athletic ability. ....so even if he is still the most accomplished in 20 years, it's tough for me to see it as a cut and dry thing, since it's never been that way.

Azide22
01-29-2021, 11:46 AM
The media is picky and choosy. They talk about rings between Lebron vs. Jordan but never mention that Russell or Kareem existed.

In football, they talk about Brady as the GOAT largely because of Super Bowls. He's not a better QB than Rodgers or Manning and I saw all three in their primes. I won't speak about Montana or Marino because I never saw them in their primes.

Being the best player and having the best career is not necessarily the same. Brady is easily the most accomplished QB in history, but I can't say he's the best I've ever seen because he isn't.

Titles aren't just about the QB, agree. I'd 100% take Rodgers or Manning peak over Brady's peak. I'm not sure about Montana and Marino. I saw them at peak, and Montana was a 3rd down assassin, much like Brady is, but the game was just so different then. I can't really say. Marino's Dolphins were crazy fun to watch in the mid 80s though.

excessive
01-29-2021, 12:20 PM
"but never mention that Russell or Kareem existed."

Spot on. Wilt Chamberlain says, "Hi!"

ForeverIowan
01-29-2021, 12:31 PM
Why not flip it around and turn it around and put the pressure on Brady? This is the biggest game of Brady's career. If Brady loses, Mahomes has two rings by age 25 and Reid, Hill and Kelce aren't going anywhere. Two rings could turn into 4 rings REAL quick. Mahomes would also be 1-0 head-to-head in Super Bowls vs. You as well.

PAChiefsGuy
01-29-2021, 12:45 PM
If Brady throws 4 TD 0 INTs and Mahomes plays like shit then yeah but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Mahomes is young. Even if he loses he can still go off and win another 5 and put up ridiculous numbers so I don't buy this 'If Mahomes loses no GOAT convo' bullshit. Brady lost to Eli twice in SB ppl still consider him the GOAT.

Gary Cooper
01-29-2021, 01:28 PM
"but never mention that Russell or Kareem existed."

Spot on. Wilt Chamberlain says, "Hi!"

I agree. Wilt should be there as well. He only won two Championships, but has an argument as best player ever. I mentioned Russell and Kareem because Russell won twice as many titles as Jordan or Kareem, and Kareem is tied with Jordan in championships. Lebron won three and Wilt two. Yet, the sports media has already ranked Lebron ahead of Kareem and Russell, something they won't do in football as Brady's GOAT status seems to be entirely based on championships. Or maybe it's just the recency bias in favor of Brady and Lebron.

The best example recently in football is Aaron Rodgers. He is easily the best QB of the last decade. However, he appeared in one Super Bowl in that time, and Brady appeared in five.

tredadda
01-29-2021, 02:31 PM
I get it, but seems shortsighted in terms of all possible narratives over the next decade and a half, and that we would still point back to this single game as some sort of tiebreaker.

Who knows about other QBs emerging as "the next one" and what that looks like in terms of a Manning rivalry or a "Mahomes equal" in the NFC that Mahomes beats in 4 SBs, etc.

Football's never had a QB equivalent of a Gretzky or Jordan (at least not in decades) who the vast majority of people say is hands down the GOAT. There's always been the debate of stats versus SBs, etc.... and even today, Brady's considered the GOAT for team accomplishments and not so much blowing away other QBs in stats or athletic ability. ....so even if he is still the most accomplished in 20 years, it's tough for me to see it as a cut and dry thing, since it's never been that way.

As much as I hate saying it, Brady not only has the rings, but also has the stats as well. He is #2 all time in passing yards(could finish #1 next year if he plays and Brees retires) and #1 all time in TD passes. He did this without the benefit of elite talent his whole career. He has had a lot of talent around in many years, but there were also years when he was surrounded by hot garbage.

PHOG
01-29-2021, 03:26 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/0de7b28b290242ca6378f1917d94c759/tenor.gif

htismaqe
01-29-2021, 04:04 PM
As much as I hate saying it, Brady not only has the rings, but also has the stats as well. He is #2 all time in passing yards(could finish #1 next year if he plays and Brees retires) and #1 all time in TD passes. He did this without the benefit of elite talent his whole career. He has had a lot of talent around in many years, but there were also years when he was surrounded by hot garbage.

Yep.

He also threw for the elusive 50 TD's in a season.

He has all the numbers AND the rings. Hard to argue with that.

carcosa
01-29-2021, 04:10 PM
The whole discussion is moot.

Patrick Mahomes is not losing.

Correct.

Tribal Warfare
01-29-2021, 04:13 PM
Yep.

He also threw for the elusive 50 TD's in a season.

He has all the numbers AND the rings. Hard to argue with that.

There's 2 caveats, the era he succeeded in with massive rule changes and the cheating scandals that will always lay a shadow over his accomplishments

htismaqe
01-29-2021, 04:19 PM
There's 2 caveats, the era he succeeded in with massive rule changes and the cheating scandals that will always lay a shadow over his accomplishments

Those rule changes benefit guys like Mahomes now too, maybe more so. Any QB playing in this day and age is going to have an advantage.

I will agree on the cheating thing.

Tribal Warfare
01-29-2021, 04:39 PM
Those rule changes benefit guys like Mahomes now too, maybe more so. Any QB playing in this day and age is going to have an advantage.

I will agree on the cheating thing.

The era issue is why it makes Joe Montana as the GOAT with all things considered. When I mention the generation element Brady fanboys throw a temper tantrum

That's why I always qualify Mahomes as the GOAT of the new era.

alpha_omega
01-29-2021, 04:55 PM
We got another week of stuff like this.

Gary Cooper
01-29-2021, 04:58 PM
Mahomes will play with a chip on his shoulder. He didn't play particularly well last year in the Super Bowl. Made some big plays in the 4th quarter but was having an off game before that. He will be extra motivated with Brady on the other side also.

Tribal Warfare
01-29-2021, 05:03 PM
Mahomes will play with a chip on his shoulder. He didn't play particularly well last year in the Super Bowl. Made some big plays in the 4th quarter but was having an off game before that. He will be extra motivated with Brady on the other side also.

TBH, Mahomes was playing a little tight until he hit GOD MODE in the 4th quarter

chiefzilla1501
01-29-2021, 05:05 PM

Yup. And though Brady is on the decline, mahomes still isn't even close to his peak yet. Which is scary to think about. I just don't see mahomes lasting as long as Brady did. As some nfl analysts have said, Brady will probably have the greater career but mahomes will have a way better peak.

CoMoChief
01-29-2021, 05:25 PM
Very few players play in the league as long as Brady.

I doubt he catches Brady and tbh, I really don't care.

thechiefsrback
01-29-2021, 05:30 PM
Which is why I think we get calls in THE SB..Mahomes chasing Brady to be the best of all time for the next 15 years is a far better ongoing narrative for the NFL than Oh Brady won he's the best no one can catch him.

if the chiefs are relying on the refs/league to make favorable calls to win the game, then they might as well just pack their bags and not even show up.

displacedinMN
01-29-2021, 05:36 PM
Who cares. PM is better and more exciting. More people love him.

Shiver Me Timbers
01-29-2021, 05:36 PM
PM is the modern NFL version of Joe Cool. Sorry Joe M.

PM "got" this. Even with the pressure the TB D line can create- PM will go scorched earth.

When my grand kids are old enough to throw a fat tire back with me- We will be talking about the GOAT. AND HIS NAME IS PATRICK MAHOMES.

srvy
01-29-2021, 05:54 PM
Hes the best commentator imo...

Him and Nantz are the 2 I enjoy the most

Jim Nance needs to retire or stick to golf.

Romo burst on the scene guessing the play call. They toned him down on that and now he just rambles through plays. Case in point he rambles through while Fish is on the ground hurt. They go to the commercial unaware our left tackle is on the ground. The dude thinks his dumb ass ramblings are more important than what's happening on the field. Oh they may be in trouble now Jim, Jim I think they may have figured it out. That's great commentating right:doh!:

Tribal Warfare
01-29-2021, 06:22 PM
Very few players play in the league as long as Brady.

I doubt he catches Brady and tbh, I really don't care.

You should, because that means more SBs for the Chiefs

chiefzilla1501
01-29-2021, 07:09 PM
Jim Nance needs to retire or stick to golf.

Romo burst on the scene guessing the play call. They toned him down on that and now he just rambles through plays. Case in point he rambles through while Fish is on the ground hurt. They go to the commercial unaware our left tackle is on the ground. The dude thinks his dumb ass ramblings are more important than what's happening on the field. Oh they may be in trouble now Jim, Jim I think they may have figured it out. That's great commentating right:doh!:

How can anyone hate on nantz? He's had some of the most memorable calls during the mahomes era.

carcosa
01-29-2021, 07:13 PM

It was really just the third quarter and the start of the fourth. He was fine in the first half I think

FloridaMan88
01-29-2021, 07:16 PM
Bill Russell has way more championships than MJ but there is no doubt who the GOAT is between those two players.

Same will be true ultimately with Mahomes vs Brady.

Rain Man
01-29-2021, 07:17 PM
Mahomes is already ahead of brady. All he's doing now is extending his lead.

Halfcan
01-29-2021, 07:33 PM
Brady's accomplishments will always be tainted by multiple cheating scandals.

The "Greatest" should not apply to a serial cheater.

Megatron96
01-29-2021, 07:51 PM
We got another week of stuff like this.

NINE (9) fucking days. Well, at least I'm not antsy about it. Honestly just want to see what crazy crap Andy showcases next Sunday. ABSURD is going to be the word of the day.

BWillie
01-30-2021, 12:35 AM
Stop.

He very likely won't. 10 Super Bowls? Damn near impossible. Its clear Mahomes is better than Brady ever was but Brady has the goat results. Its kind of like LeBron (Mahomes) vs Jordan (Brady). LeBron is clearly more talented and a better rounded player but Jordan gor the most rings. Whether that is luck, or playing in a down era... nobody really knows. But the great thing about this is they get to settle it on the field.

BlackOp
01-30-2021, 01:10 AM
Mahomes is already ahead of brady. All he's doing now is extending his lead.

If Clete and the NFL hadn't gift wrapped the 4th quarter in the 2018 AFCCG...Mahomes would already be on his 3rd SB.. and tongue-kissin Tom would have one less.

If Clete hadnt gift-wrapped the AFCCG against the Jaguars...Brady would have 2 less appearances...

If the Falcons simply kneel for three straight downs then kick a FG...Brady has two less SB wins.

If Carroll simply hands the ball to Lynch...Brady has 3 less wins.

If the tuck Rule wasn't called...Brady has 4 less wins.

3 SB wins came from nearly impossible circumstances....

lwardo9
01-30-2021, 04:32 AM
last time I checked Pat has a few years on Tom

lwardo9
01-30-2021, 04:34 AM
Bill Russell has way more championships than MJ but there is no doubt who the GOAT is between those two players.

Same will be true ultimately with Mahomes vs Brady.

Game was a little different when Russell played tho. Not a great comp.

ChiefsFanatic
01-30-2021, 05:17 AM

Same will be true ultimately with Mahomes vs Brady.Talking about Russell being the greatest basketball player ever is, to me, a joke. Wilt Chamberlain was so far and away better than Russell, it's not even funny. But Russell played with a bunch of great players, and for most of his career, Wilt didn't. The very first time Wilt played on a team with at least one other HOF caliber player, his team set the single season win total and won the championship.

Russell, because of the rings, is more accomplished than Wilt, but there is absolutely no universe where Russell was better than Wilt.

Its the same with Brady. I believe that Brady is the most accomplished QB ever, but I don't believe he is the GOAT. Montana and Rodgers are both individually better QBs than Brady.

Brady was basically a passenger along for the ride in his first 3 Super Bowls. Plus, as everyone knows, there were some extremely fortunate officiating that helped him on his way to winning rings.

Until Mahomes, I thought Joe Montana and Aaron Rodgers were the greatest QBs ever. But now the best QB to ever play in the NFL is Patrick Mahomes II. Mahomes has more skills and athleticism, and is more clutch, after being a starter for only 3 years, than Brady has now, after being a starter for 20 years.

Most accomplished does not equal GOAT in a team sport.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Cleavage
01-30-2021, 12:39 PM
Who cares? Bunch of kids argung who is better, Ford or Chevy. FOH

Gary Cooper
01-30-2021, 12:50 PM
Talking about Russell being the greatest basketball player ever is, to me, a joke. Wilt Chamberlain was so far and away better than Russell, it's not even funny. But Russell played with a bunch of great players, and for most of his career, Wilt didn't. The very first time Wilt played on a team with at least one other HOF caliber player, his team set the single season win total and won the championship.

Russell, because of the rings, is more accomplished than Wilt, but there is absolutely no universe where Russell was better than Wilt.

Its the same with Brady. I believe that Brady is the most accomplished QB ever, but I don't believe he is the GOAT. Montana and Rodgers are both individually better QBs than Brady.

Brady was basically a passenger along for the ride in his first 3 Super Bowls. Plus, as everyone knows, there were some extremely fortunate officiating that helped him on his way to winning rings.

Until Mahomes, I thought Joe Montana and Aaron Rodgers were the greatest QBs ever. But now the best QB to ever play in the NFL is Patrick Mahomes II. Mahomes has more skills and athleticism, and is more clutch, after being a starter for only 3 years, than Brady has now, after being a starter for 20 years.

Most accomplished does not equal GOAT in a team sport.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I don't disagree on Wilt vs. Russell, but you're selling Russell short. He won 5 MVPs in 14 seasons. He wasn't just winning team trophies. He took away MVPs from Wilt, Oscar, West, Baylor, Pettit, Havlicek, Cousy. Winning 5 MVPs in that time span was impressive.

Bearcat
01-30-2021, 01:11 PM
Who cares? Bunch of kids argung who is better, Ford or Chevy. FOH

That's the opposite of what's happening here.

Audi or BMW
BMW or Porsche
Bugatti or McLaren

....comparing Mahomes to a Ford or Chevy should be bannable. :harumph:

Chiefshrink
01-30-2021, 01:26 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/0de7b28b290242ca6378f1917d94c759/tenor.gif

Nailed It !!!

Mahomes LIVES for BIG GAMES !! And he does NOT FORGET either(AFCCG '18'). The BIGGER the game the BETTER HE PLAYS. Pat has played in so many BIG GAMES to this point unlike any other 25 y.o. and he cannot wait TO RUMBLE !!

Pat is an 'old soul'(very mature for his age) and I assure you HE IS LOCKED IN ON HIS TARGET.

Not worried in the least.;)

KC_Connection
01-30-2021, 01:28 PM
I don't disagree on Wilt vs. Russell, but you're selling Russell short. He won 5 MVPs in 14 seasons. He wasn't just winning team trophies. He took away MVPs from Wilt, Oscar, West, Baylor, Pettit, Havlicek, Cousy. Winning 5 MVPs in that time span was impressive.
He’s not wrong about Wilt being miles better than Russell as a player, though. Just look at the stats, there’s no shame in it.

Chiefshrink
01-30-2021, 01:32 PM

And yet "He Still" came up BIG when NEEDED to WIN. That is what makes you great !!:clap: