PDA

View Full Version : Football Carson Wentz close to being traded?

staylor26
02-05-2021, 11:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;ve talked to an NFL source, not w/the Eagles, who hears a Wentz trade is close. That isn&#39;t first-hand information. I do feel that the longer we go without Wentz saying something like &quot;I&#39;m happy to be an Eagle and excited about playing for Nick Sirianni,&quot; the closer we get...</p>&mdash; Les Bowen (@LesBowen) <a href="https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/1357722333134401539?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Eagles have received “increased buzz” surrounding Carson Wentz, and a trade seems close, per NFL Network.</p>&mdash; LeadingNFL (@LeadingNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/LeadingNFL/status/1357737941519450115?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To me the team that that maks the most sense for Carson Wentz is:<br><br>San Francisco<br><br>Purely in terms of fit. Haven’t looked at the cap implications</p>&mdash; David Murphy (@ByDavidMurphy) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByDavidMurphy/status/1357725576333778947?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
02-05-2021, 11:25 AM
I was hoping he’d go to Denver. We could use some more fumbles.

Hoover
02-05-2021, 11:25 AM
If he's going to be traded it will be Indy

staylor26
02-05-2021, 11:26 AM

I think so too.

Easy 6
Colts

Sassy Squatch
Gotta be the Colts, right?

Maybe Denver or Carolina. Think they both offered their first for Stafford but ended up losing out. Also may know they have no realistic chance at a Watson trade.

tk13
02-05-2021, 11:27 AM
Indy almost makes too much sense. The one thing they're missing is QB and Wentz would reunite with Reich.

Old Dog
02-05-2021, 11:28 AM
I'm thinking Indy as well

kc-nd
02-05-2021, 11:33 AM
I want Wentz out of Philly. Watched him all the years when he was at Century High School and NDSU. Philly needs to clear house and start over. Wentz trade makes sense.

RunKC
02-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Want to hear something that’s absolutely nuts?

Carson Wentz is the only QB left from 2009-2016 that is still with the team that drafted them.

In a few months that lone QB could be Patrick Mahomes with what’s going on with Watson and Trubisky.

-King-
02-05-2021, 11:39 AM
So 49ers are going to get rid of a qb that's often injured to get another often injured qb? That's dumb imo.

Deberg_1990
02-05-2021, 11:40 AM
Wentz + Reich = instant 2022 super bowl contender

staylor26
02-05-2021, 11:40 AM
Gotta be the Colts, right?

Maybe Denver or Carolina. Think they both offered their first for Stafford but ended up losing out. Also may know they have no realistic chance at a Watson trade.

That rumor about the Broncos offering their 1st was apparently bullshit.

Supposedly they offered some kind of pick swap.

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2021, 11:42 AM
Quality, not quantity.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-05-2021, 11:45 AM

not if Luck comes back:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=5IMdYImoGIX9-gTZrIvQDw&q=andrew+luck+returning&oq=andrew+luck+returning&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIECAAQAzICCAAyAggAMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOgUIABCxA zoFCC4QsQM6CAguELEDEIMBOggILhDHARCjAjoCCC46CAguELEDEJMCOgUILhCTAjoECAAQCjoFCAAQhgNQnwFY_hdgtRloAHAAe ACAAZUCiAG_HJIBBjAuMTguM5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiJqo_updPuAhWFvp4KHVnWAvoQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

chiefzilla1501
02-05-2021, 11:46 AM
Indy makes sense but it's also a really good move for Sf. He is trying to do too much and would benefit from an offense that asks him to do way less.

staylor26
02-05-2021, 11:46 AM
not if Luck comes back:

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=5IMdYImoGIX9-gTZrIvQDw&q=andrew+luck+returning&oq=andrew+luck+returning&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIECAAQAzICCAAyAggAMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOgUIABCxA zoFCC4QsQM6CAguELEDEIMBOggILhDHARCjAjoCCC46CAguELEDEJMCOgUILhCTAjoECAAQCjoFCAAQhgNQnwFY_hdgtRloAHAAe ACAAZUCiAG_HJIBBjAuMTguM5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiJqo_updPuAhWFvp4KHVnWAvoQ4dUDCAg&uact=5

Luck isn’t coming back. He just helped talking Castonzo into retirement. Why would he do that if he was planning on going back?

mnchiefsguy
02-05-2021, 11:48 AM
Indy has the cap room and the draft capital to pull a deal off.

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2021, 11:49 AM
not if Luck comes back:

Irsay was pretty emphatic about saying he was retired yesterday. Think those fake texts from his wife or whatever really kicked up a fuss.

cosmo20002
02-05-2021, 11:55 AM
Imagine being so bad that trading for Carson Wentz seems like a good idea.

I guess the Chiefs were probably at that level once, but I've tried to block a lot of those memories.

htismaqe
02-05-2021, 11:55 AM

ROFL

RealSNR
02-05-2021, 12:00 PM
I want Wentz out of Philly. Watched him all the years when he was at Century High School and NDSU. Philly needs to clear house and start over. Wentz trade makes sense.

I get he's an actual local kid for you (growing up in Bismarck, not just coming to one of ND's universities to play) but I've got a feeling that Trey Lance in the NFL is going to make NDSU fans say, "Carson who?"

I grew up in Grand Forks, and Brooks Bollinger played at Central. Obviously went on to Wisconsin, and while he wasn't a top 3 NFL draft pick, I thought it was pretty lame how GF people rarely ever talked about him.

Like, he was a career backup and not a very good one, but come on. The guy started a couple of games in the NFL. But the only thing the GF Herald ever talked about was his stats as a Viking... never wrote any local fluff on his journey to starting a game or two, nothing like that.

Dunno. Just thought the kid got the raw deal from his home town. Hope Bismarck doesn't do the same to Wentz.

Chris Meck
02-05-2021, 12:10 PM
As a reclamation project, Wentz is interesting. Is it likely he attains the potential he once showed? More than likely not.

Is it more likely than any QB you could draft other than perhaps Lawrence?

Yep.

It's a risk worth taking if his health checks out.

BlackOp
02-05-2021, 12:11 PM

Obviously trolling...but I hadn't watched Wentz too much.

I caught an Eagles game this season and he looked fucking terrible...that would be a hard pass if I were a GM.

htismaqe
02-05-2021, 12:12 PM
As a reclamation project, Wentz is interesting. Is it likely he attains the potential he once showed? More than likely not.

Yep.

If his health checks out.

He looks to me like a guy that is just plain broken.

RunKC
02-05-2021, 12:13 PM
That rumor about the Broncos offering their 1st was apparently bullshit.

Supposedly they offered some kind of pick swap.

Depends on who you follow I suppose.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Broncos</a> made a run at trading for Matthew Stafford. They offered their 9th overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft and Drew Lock. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Lions?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Lions</a> <a href="https://t.co/6uOYrdpeDs">pic.twitter.com/6uOYrdpeDs</a></p>&mdash; Dan Patrick Show (@dpshow) <a href="https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1357375082843226114?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But Dan Patrick is spewing BS that this Wentz trade isn’t real and Garafollo is tweeting that he’s wrong

RunKC
02-05-2021, 12:16 PM

Yep.

Absolutely worth it without a doubt, especially with Reich. The guy had a poor year but was very good the 3 years before that.

Staylor and I were talking about this a week ago. Ballard has to make a move bc he’s accumulated picks for build his team for 3 years.

They have to get a QB

Chris Meck
02-05-2021, 12:17 PM
If his health checks out.

He looks to me like a guy that is just plain broken.

It's hard to say if that's physically or mentally at this point.

If he's physically okay, then a reboot may be successful.

I agree he looked like total dogshit this year.

htismaqe
02-05-2021, 12:18 PM
It's hard to say if that's physically or mentally at this point.

If he's physically okay, then a reboot may be successful.

I agree he looked like total dogshit this year.

I think it's largely mental.

Then again, back injuries are back injuries so who knows.

Deberg_1990
02-05-2021, 12:18 PM
Obviously trolling...but I hadn't watched Wentz too much.

I caught an Eagles game this season and he looked ****ing terrible...that would be a hard pass if I were a GM.

He was horrible this year. But not bad in 2019

Dunerdr
02-05-2021, 12:21 PM
I'd be more interested in Nick Foles than Wentz at this point. Jesus. Alex Smith looked better on one fucking leg.

Chris Meck
02-05-2021, 12:23 PM
Foles is what he is.

You don't know what Wentz is yet.

Baby Lee
02-05-2021, 12:24 PM
Reminiscent of another Carson, Palmer. Lots of promise, then an injury, then figuring out if the broken part is mental or physical, fixable or permanent.

Throw Cam Newton in there, for us Chiefs fans, Sylvester Morris.

Chris Meck
02-05-2021, 12:26 PM
It's like this-

Every year everyone falls in love with the first round QB's. And most are nothing special when it's all said and done.

If you don't have an elite QB, you need to do whatever you can to get one.

A reclamation project is no more risky than drafting a guy in the top 10. It might be more expensive, but if a guy has played well at one point, then I'd say it's MORE likely you can get him to do so again as long as he's physically healthy.

If you've got the cap room to take on a Wentz reclamation project, that's a better bet than Josh Fields. That's all I'm saying.

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2021, 12:34 PM
I got to admit its nice this Super Bowl week with NFL news that isn't where Mahomes took a shit in Tampa Bay at. Because you know that is what the news cycle is like during Super Bowl week.

TheMartyr
02-05-2021, 12:34 PM

Carson Wentz is the only QB left from 2009-2016 that is still with the team that drafted them.

In a few months that lone QB could be Patrick Mahomes with what’s going on with Watson and Trubisky.

That’s not true. Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, and Dak Prescott are still with the team that drafted them.

RunKC
02-05-2021, 12:35 PM
That’s not true. Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, and Dak Prescott are still with the team that drafted them.

Yeah. Let me clarify: first rd QB’s

Chris Meck
02-05-2021, 12:37 PM
Yeah. Let me clarify: first rd QB’s

another fact that proves my hypothesis.

If you can return Wentz to form, then you've got an elite QB for ten years.

A worthwhile risk if you don't have a guy.

Willie Lanier
02-05-2021, 12:42 PM

Can you just go away and stay away?

mkp785
02-05-2021, 12:53 PM
It's like this-

Every year everyone falls in love with the first round QB's. And most are nothing special when it's all said and done.

If you don't have an elite QB, you need to do whatever you can to get one.

A reclamation project is no more risky than drafting a guy in the top 10. It might be more expensive, but if a guy has played well at one point, then I'd say it's MORE likely you can get him to do so again as long as he's physically healthy.

If you've got the cap room to take on a Wentz reclamation project, that's a better bet than Josh Fields. That's all I'm saying.

This. They're his best chance to succeed. They should get Ertz too since that's his favorite target and Philly wants him gone anyway.

Maybe you grab the pair for something like a 1st +3rd..? Philly can send back a 4th round pick to balance it out some.

ChiefBlueCFC
02-05-2021, 12:55 PM
Change of scenery probably would do Wentz well. Its not like he has been dog shite his whole career he's just brittle glass that breaks when the wind blows in a southwestern direction

Chief Roundup
02-05-2021, 12:58 PM

Wentz looked pretty broken this season with the Eagles. Reich was the Offensive Coordinator when Wentz had his best season, before the injury, but that statement is a little too far. It is possible that Reich can resurrect Wentz career but they are not an instant SB contender. Wentz has looked like shit more than he has looked good.
If the Colts can get him for cheap then I could see where they might be tempted to give it a shot. There is no way a team would give up much for Wentz though due to his contract and playing history.

Skyy God
02-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Wentz is oft-injured and polarizes the locker room.

Please pull the trigger, Ballard.

BossChief
02-05-2021, 02:42 PM
Imagine being so bad that trading for Carson Wentz seems like a good idea.

I guess the Chiefs were probably at that level once, but I've tried to block a lot of those memories.

He could resurrect his career in the right system with the right coach.

He’s very talented, just mentally broken and doesn’t have the coaches to help him to mentally get back on track.

He would have a good chance at that in Indy...not sure any other team is on that list. If I’m Indy, I’d gladly send a first and third for him...but I’m a gambler.

Skyy God
02-05-2021, 03:17 PM
He could resurrect his career in the right system with the right coach.

He’s very talented, just mentally broken and doesn’t have the coaches to help him to mentally get back on track.

He would have a good chance at that in Indy...not sure any other team is on that list. If I’m Indy, I’d gladly send a first and third for him...but I’m a gambler.

Goff’s contract got dumped for, in essence, a future first. And he doesn’t have Wentz’s injury history.

You’re an iffy gambler.

Eureka
02-05-2021, 03:22 PM

Carr was drafted by the Raiders in 2014. There are few others like Wilson and maybe another. But Heck Carr might even be on the move.

Also, isn't Wentz going to count as 30+mill in dead money?

Easy 6
02-05-2021, 03:31 PM
Wentz is oft-injured and polarizes the locker room.

Please pull the trigger, Ballard.

Why is he polarizing?

kcclone
02-05-2021, 03:41 PM

Only in the minds of the media, who need to manufacture a great new hope in the AFC to challenge the Chiefs.

It was the supposed to be the Ravens, then the Bills. They're desperate for someone to knock us off.

Raiderhater
02-05-2021, 03:48 PM
Correct me if I’m wrong - didn’t Philly just fire their HC because they wanted to roll with Wentz and Pederson didn’t? Or am I confusing them with another team?

carcosa
02-05-2021, 04:19 PM
Why is he polarizing?

Apparently he rubs his teammates the wrong way and blames other people before holding himself accountable.

Easy 6
02-05-2021, 04:39 PM
Apparently he rubs his teammates the wrong way and blames other people before holding himself accountable.

I remember seeing some smoke a few years ago about his receivers saying he was targeting Ertz too much, but it seemed to die out pretty quick... other than that, I wasn't aware of any real problems

Nickhead
02-05-2021, 06:31 PM
Why is he polarizing?

cause he's a ginger? ;)

Sassy Squatch
02-05-2021, 06:57 PM
It's the Bears, apparently LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So now I’m hearing the Eagles want at least two first round picks and a player for Wentz and the Bears are listening!!!!!!!</p>&mdash; George Ofman (@georgeofman) <a href="https://twitter.com/georgeofman/status/1357821834700406786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CasselGotPeedOn
02-05-2021, 07:30 PM
Two firsts and a player for trash ass Wentz? LMAO LMAO LMAO

Hoopsdoc
02-05-2021, 07:39 PM
not if Luck comes back:

Luck ain’t coming back. He and Castonzo are besties which is why they spoke. Castonzo was planning on playing next year until his injury, he signed a 2 year contract.

Luck still stops by the Colts facility quite a bit, which seems weird until you consider that he still lives in Indy, has quite a few friends still on the team, and is considered a son by Irsay.

I’ve never seen a single shred of evidence that Luck would ever come back. He’s not the type of dude to make a half assed decision.

The fact that the Colts were in on Stafford tells you all you need to know.

Hoopsdoc
02-05-2021, 07:40 PM
It's the Bears, apparently LMAOROFLLMAOROFLLMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So now I’m hearing the Eagles want at least two first round picks and a player for Wentz and the Bears are listening!!!!!!!</p>&mdash; George Ofman (@georgeofman) <a href="https://twitter.com/georgeofman/status/1357821834700406786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO

staylor26
02-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Hey as long as the Bears are giving that up for Wentz and not fucking Carr then by all means...

O.city
02-05-2021, 07:41 PM
Hey as long as the Bears are giving that up for Wentz and not ****ing Carr then by all means...

With the bears gm and hc being on a short leash I can’t imagine the owner would let them make a big trade like that right?

staylor26
02-05-2021, 07:43 PM
With the bears gm and hc being on a short leash I can’t imagine the owner would let them make a big trade like that right?

If the owner is dumb enough to keep Pace after passing on Watson and Mahomes for Trubisky, nothing would surprise me.

They almost have to make a move for a QB too.

O.city
02-05-2021, 07:44 PM
If the owner is dumb enough to keep Pace after passing on Watson and Mahomes for Trubisky, nothing would surprise me.

They almost have to make a move for a QB too.

Yeah they are in a weird spot in that they need a qb and they aren’t in a good spot to find one yet I wouldn’t want these two making any choices

Probably should have fired them

RunKC
02-05-2021, 07:48 PM
Nagy has coached his fucking ass off with a leftover shit sandwich in Trubisky. Not a single losing season in 3 years despite the best QB in the NFC in your division and a competent Vikings team.

I don’t blame Nagy for telling them to get him a QB

staylor26
02-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Nagy has coached his fucking ass off with a leftover shit sandwich in Trubisky. Not a single losing season in 3 years despite the best QB in the NFC in your division and a competent Vikings team.

I don’t blame Nagy for telling them to get him a QB

Nagy definitely gets a pass because he didn’t draft Trubisky.

But I have to say, after hearing how Wentz and Pederson’s relationship deteriorated, it’s surprising to think Nagy would be interested. I’d imagine Pederson wouldn’t exactly give Wentz a ringing endorsement.

carcosa
02-05-2021, 07:53 PM
I remember seeing some smoke a few years ago about his receivers saying he was targeting Ertz too much, but it seemed to die out pretty quick... other than that, I wasn't aware of any real problems

I think there was some more stuff that came out this season but I can't find the report.

Buehler445
02-06-2021, 11:50 AM

That is mind boggling.

2009 is getting to be a long time ago. Josh Freeman and Sanchise feel like forever ago. But even those earlier years in that study, guys didn't stay around too long in their draft teams.

That look through the first rounds of those drafts is weird man.

Why is he polarizing?

Yeah, and that lockerroom fractured pretty hard when they chose Wentz over Foles, and I'm guessing Wentz didn't help it.

There were also reports of Wentz not taking any coaching. Like at all.

Megatron96
02-06-2021, 12:00 PM
I can't fathom the idea that a team would be interested in Wentz at this point. His decision-making this season was absolutely the issue and the reason they lost so many games. Tried to play hero ball on every snap. Resulted in a statline that put him somewhere between 30th and 32nd in the league? Add in his contract and I just don't see it.

The Franchise
02-06-2021, 12:06 PM
So the Bears are going to trade for Wentz and have Wentz/Foles as their QBs?

Skyy God
02-06-2021, 12:21 PM
Here’s the article.

Sources inside Eagles paint Carson Wentz as 'selfish,' 'uncompromising' and 'playing favorites'

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-exclusive-sources-paint-eagles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

Eureka
02-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Yeah, and that lockerroom fractured pretty hard when they chose Wentz over Foles, and I'm guessing Wentz didn't help it.

There were also reports of Wentz not taking any coaching. Like at all.

Wentz performed well his first and second seasons but after the SB win that he really wasn't apart of, he fell off a cliff. Seems a change of scenery will do him well.

Has there ever been a time when a SB MVP QB was shipped off after winning the SB for a younger rookie? Maybe, that just screwed up the whole cohesion of the team. Might of done a number and Wentz and the now fired coach.

mkp785
02-06-2021, 12:37 PM
I can't fathom the idea that a team would be interested in Wentz at this point. His decision-making this season was absolutely the issue and the reason they lost so many games. Tried to play hero ball on every snap. Resulted in a statline that put him somewhere between 30th and 32nd in the league? Add in his contract and I just don't see it.

Colts are the only team that make remote sense. They have the money, a good line to protect him and Reich might be the only guy that Carson will listen to.

Kiimo
02-06-2021, 12:42 PM
So the Bears are going to trade for Wentz and have Wentz/Foles as their QBs?

Nagy playing 5th dimensional chess, drawing up the Windy City Special as we speak

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2021, 12:55 PM
Wentz performed well his first and second seasons but after the SB win that he really wasn't apart of, he fell off a cliff. Seems a change of scenery will do him well.

Has there ever been a time when a SB MVP QB was shipped off after winning the SB for a younger rookie? Maybe, that just screwed up the whole cohesion of the team. Might of done a number and Wentz and the now fired coach.

He has two things going wrong for him. He'll always be known in Philly from fans and teammates as the guy they paid instead of foles. But he also sees ghosts out there because of all the injuries. So he needs to get out of Philly but more importantly needs a scheme that simplifies what's asked of him. He has a tendency to try to do too much.

Reich can do that since his offense is built around the running game. But I still feel sf is a great landing place for that reason too. It's not like the guy is hard to work with. He just needs a new environment.

Megatron96
02-06-2021, 01:37 PM
Colts are the only team that make remote sense. They have the money, a good line to protect him and Reich might be the only guy that Carson will listen to.

Yeah, there is an argument for this. But Wentz's contract kind of spoils things if I'm Reich and the Colts' organization. Plus, they'd be taking a big risk hoping that Reich could fix Wentz. And IND still needs at least another quality top-tier receiver, I think?

It'd be a huge gamble, based just on Carson's contract and how he performed in 2020. I would've been much happier with Stafford, and would look long and hard at Rodgers if he's at all interested in getting out of GB, though my gut says he isn't.

Hoopsdoc
02-06-2021, 01:45 PM
Yeah, there is an argument for this. But Wentz's contract kind of spoils things if I'm Reich and the Colts' organization. Plus, they'd be taking a big risk hoping that Reich could fix Wentz. And IND still needs at least another quality top-tier receiver, I think?

It'd be a huge gamble, based just on Carson's contract and how he performed in 2020. I would've been much happier with Stafford, and would look long and hard at Rodgers if he's at all interested in getting out of GB, though my gut says he isn't.

They also need a left tackle.

If they do trade for Wentz, I don’t see Ballard giving up much for him. I’m guessing a 3rd at the most, or maybe a future 2nd.

I think there are other teams who will give more for him.

RunKC
02-06-2021, 01:54 PM
Here’s the article.

Sources inside Eagles paint Carson Wentz as 'selfish,' 'uncompromising' and 'playing favorites'

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-exclusive-sources-paint-eagles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

I would be selfish too if I was Wentz. He got the Eagles HFA the year they won the SB.

In 2019 Carson Wentz was 9th in the NFL in passing yards and 5th in passing TD’s despite having a ton of injuries at WR all season. They were so absolutely god awful at WR that it was amazing Wentz was performing so well.

Despite that, the Eagles drafted a QB to replace him?

The Eagles ruined Wentz and he should absolutely get out of that hell hole.

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2021, 02:36 PM
I would be selfish too if I was Wentz. He got the Eagles HFA the year they won the SB.

In 2019 Carson Wentz was 9th in the NFL in passing yards and 5th in passing TD’s despite having a ton of injuries at WR all season. They were so absolutely god awful at WR that it was amazing Wentz was performing so well.

Despite that, the Eagles drafted a QB to replace him?

The Eagles ruined Wentz and he should absolutely get out of that hell hole.

But his receivers were perfectly fine this year. He is just not the same qb as he was prior to injury. Even when he had Jeffery and agholor healthy last year. And the eagles didn't draft hurts to replace Wentz. They drafted him to push Wentz and as a backup plan in case Wentz continued to slide.

His stats may have looked fine last year. But the eyeball test shows something very different. He's just not the same qb he was early in his career.

displacedinMN
02-06-2021, 02:43 PM
Prob Q

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A team acquiring Carson Wentz will take on 4 years and $98.4M left on his contract ($24.7M per year). <br>His cap hits would be: <br>2021: $25.4M<br>2022: $22M<br>2023: $25M <br>2024: $26M<br><br>Philly would eat a $33.8M dead cap hit in 2021, the largest in NFL history.</p>&mdash; Field Yates (@FieldYates) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1358149068820787200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
02-06-2021, 02:55 PM
Sounds like it’s Chicago or Indy.

Mecca
02-06-2021, 03:23 PM
Sounds like it’s Chicago or Indy.

If it's Indy everyone will say Chris Ballard is a genius, if it's Chicago Pace is a buffoon. That's just how it is.

Sassy Squatch
02-06-2021, 03:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eagles are expected to trade Carson Wentz in the coming days in what would be the latest blockbuster QB deal to rock the NFL, sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mortreport</a> and me. The most pertinent questions now become where, when and for what. But it could happen as early as this week.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1358147327282806787?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch
02-06-2021, 03:36 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">4 minutes after <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AdamSchefter</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mortreport</a> report that Carson Wentz is getting traded, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> RB <a href="https://twitter.com/BoobieMilesXXIV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BoobieMilesXXIV</a> posts that Philly will win the Super Bowl. <a href="https://t.co/GfWFTBTd4L">pic.twitter.com/GfWFTBTd4L</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1358161148839940096?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6
02-06-2021, 03:41 PM
They also need a left tackle.

If they do trade for Wentz, I don’t see Ballard giving up much for him. I’m guessing a 3rd at the most, or maybe a future 2nd.

I think there are other teams who will give more for him.

The Bears supposedly have the better offer on the table, if you guys want him ya better pony up...

Mecca
02-06-2021, 03:42 PM
Indy won't do it, Ballard is very passive with moves.

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2021, 04:13 PM
Actually a smart move by Philly. That team needs to tear everything apart and rebuild. It's not just a Wentz thing.

Hoopsdoc
02-06-2021, 07:25 PM
The Bears supposedly have the better offer on the table, if you guys want him ya better pony up...

Supposedly they didn’t even offer a 1st for Stafford. Ballard is very stingy with his draft capital unless he’s getting an all pro like Buckner.

Some team is going to outbid him and he’ll keep looking. He’s going to have to do SOMETHING though, because the only qb they have right now is Jacob Eason.

Mecca
02-06-2021, 07:26 PM
Ballard is going to build a perennial playoff loser because he's never going to be willing to pay a QB price.

Buehler445
02-06-2021, 07:27 PM
Ballard is going to build a perennial playoff loser because he's never going to be willing to pay a QB price.

Right. And looking at that division (regardless of the rest of the schedule) they're not going to be getting a top pick anytime soon.

Mecca
02-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Right. And looking at that division (regardless of the rest of the schedule) they're not going to be getting a top pick anytime soon.

They're gonna be the Marty and Carl Chiefs.

Bowser
02-06-2021, 07:53 PM
Philly would eat Trubisky alive if he's part of the deal, lol

Mecca
02-06-2021, 08:39 PM

Latest rumor is Foles, Cohen 1st rounder.

Sofa King
02-06-2021, 08:50 PM

That's cheap!

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2021, 08:52 PM

Wow, that is actually a good deal for both sides.

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2021, 08:56 PM

Yup, but foles not so much. That guy is bulletproof in Philly, even considering their fans. Maybe not a bad guy to keep the fans happy even when the team tries to rebuild. Which they should. And a safe enough backup plan for when hurts likely bottoms out.

It almost makes me wonder if sirianni was hired to be somewhat of a fall guy.

eDave
02-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Super Bowl bound isn't saying they are winning the Super Bowl. Jesus tits. Am I reading that wrong? And who the hell is Kov Kleiman and why is this twat allowed to even tweet if this is the twat he going to tweet?

Am I reading that wrong?

-King-
02-06-2021, 09:16 PM

I mean sure but I don't think not wanting to give up multiple 1st rounders for wentz points to that.

-King-
02-06-2021, 09:28 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lemme clear this up real quick . Just got off the phone wit my HC and GM , bears fans we locked in🤞🏾 don’t worry . 💯 people say anything nowadays man .</p>&mdash; Tarik Cohen (@TarikCohen) <a href="https://twitter.com/TarikCohen/status/1358255667006627841?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hoopsdoc
02-06-2021, 09:30 PM

You may be right but giving up Foles, Cohen, and a 1st rounder is to much for the privelege of paying broke dick Wentz 47 million guaranteed over the next 2 seasons.

That’s just crazy.

Mecca
02-06-2021, 09:31 PM
I mean sure but I don't think not wanting to give up multiple 1st rounders for wentz points to that.

It's not just Wentz it's that when any QBs are available they're never willing to pay the price, they want to pay 5 cents on the dollar.

BossChief
02-06-2021, 10:00 PM
If we didn’t already have Mahomes and we’re picking in the mid 20s, I wouldn’t be mad at trading a couple firsts for Wentz.

He has league mvp type upside that he’s already shown.

If he goes to the right team, he can still be a franchise QB that has a lot of success.

He needs to go to a team with good QB coaching by a “teacher” type and have talent around him on the field.

58-4ever
02-06-2021, 10:00 PM
This is the other side of the Mahomes effect: several teams getting super aggressive and pulling their balls out...

Basileus777
02-06-2021, 10:04 PM
I'd rather give up 2 1st rounders for Derek Carr than even give up a single first rounder for Wentz. The guy had a Peyton Manning 2015 type decline and was so bad as to be unplayable. Maybe someone can fix him, but why would you give up premium assets to take on that risk? Especially since he doesn't come cheap and since he is only on a 2 year deal, if he is even halfway decent next season he will come back next year demanding a Watson type extension. No matter happens with Wentz, he will be overpaid. And tbh the upside isn't really that high, you're not likely to win a Superbowl with him even if you can fix his broken brain and broken mechanics.

TLDR who gives up huge draft assets for a guy who was the worst QB in the league last year and led a less efficient passing offense than even what the Jets trotted out?

-King-
02-06-2021, 10:05 PM
It's not just Wentz it's that when any QBs are available they're never willing to pay the price, they want to pay 5 cents on the dollar.

Which QBs have the passed up exactly?

Jewish Rabbi
02-06-2021, 10:06 PM
I'd rather give up 2 1st rounders for Derek Carr than even give up a single first rounder for Wentz. The guy had a Peyton Manning 2015 type decline and was so bad as to be unplayable. Maybe someone can fix him, but why would you give up premium assets to take on that risk? Especially since he doesn't come cheap and since he is only on a 2 year deal, if he is even halfway decent next season he will come back next year demanding a Watson type extension. No matter happens with Wentz, he will be overpaid. And tbh the upside isn't really that high, you're not likely to win a Superbowl with him even if you can fix his broken brain and broken mechanics.

TLDR who gives up huge draft assets for a guy who was the worst QB in the league last year and led a less efficient passing offense than even what the Jets trotted out?

I literally hope you die tonight!!!

-King-
02-06-2021, 10:10 PM
I literally hope you die tonight!!!

Do you think you're funny when you say that or something?

kccrow
02-06-2021, 10:20 PM
Do you think you're funny when you say that or something?

Literally the only person on this board I have on ignore. Never contributes anything other than this garbage. It's childish. I've had some major spats and even then never put someone on iggy.

KurtCobain
02-07-2021, 12:40 AM
Literally the only person on this board I have on ignore. Never contributes anything other than this garbage. It's childish. I've had some major spats and even then never put someone on iggy.

He's one of my favorites.

Don't discourage him.

TEX
02-07-2021, 12:50 AM
If we didn’t already have Mahomes and we’re picking in the mid 20s, I wouldn’t be mad at trading a couple firsts for Wentz.

He has league mvp type upside that he’s already shown.

If he goes to the right team, he can still be a franchise QB that has a lot of success.

He needs to go to a team with good QB coaching by a “teacher” type and have talent around him on the field.

I'd never give up 2 #1's for him. His rapid decline would be all I'd need to justify my decision. The only 1st rounder I'd give up would be mid to late if even that.

chiefzilla1501
02-07-2021, 12:59 AM
I'd never give up 2 #1's for him. His rapid decline would be all I'd need to justify my decision. The only 1st rounder I'd give up would be mid to late if even that.

Not the worst idea for Chicago. Theyre kind of in this win now mode where qb is a huge obstacle but they also have some flexibility in case Wentz transforms itself. Normally I'd agree but this is a real intriguing idea for Chicago. They need a QB way more than they need picks.

Halfcan
02-07-2021, 12:59 AM
I would give up a big turd in a brown paper bag for him if I was a team owner. 1st poop of the day and a 2nd if I had Taco Bell for lunch.

Rams Fan
02-07-2021, 02:33 AM

This is only Ballard’s 2nd offseason when he’s had to address the starting QB position, though.

He traded for Brissett right before 2017 regular season once it was clear Luck wasn’t going to play.

Luck retired in 2019 preseason and they gave Jacoby a shot after a normal offseason-that didn’t turn out well.

Realizing Jacoby likely isn’t a good starting QB, they signed Rivers as a stop gap who retired after 1 year. Brady was never going to go to Indy.

What could they have done better last season? There was 0 point in them trading up to get into the top 10 as Burrow, Herbert, Tua were taken by teams who needed a QB and didn’t appear to really be close to contention after 2019.

The only trade I could think of them not doing would be Stafford, but LA was Stafford’s preference and Indy would not have been able to give someone up like Goff. I can’t fault him for not wanting to take on Wentz.

Nickhead
02-07-2021, 03:10 AM
if i were foles, and were traded back to the eagles, i would retire... full stop! :thumb: