PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Have the nerves set in for you yet?

TLO
02-07-2021, 10:04 AM
I was already a nervous wreck for the game last year at this time.

This year... virtually nothing.

You?

Coochie liquor
02-07-2021, 10:07 AM
Cooler than the the other side of the pillow today! More hype than anything!

Buehler445
02-07-2021, 10:08 AM
I was like a budhist monk until it was time to go to bed last night, then it was time to go. I don't know if it is nerves per se. But I'm amped as fuck.

Easy 6
02-07-2021, 10:08 AM
No... I'm going to convince myself that Reid can put distractions aside, and call the game of his life today

comochiefsfan
02-07-2021, 10:09 AM
Absolute same thing.

Last year I was a mess. Hadn't won one in 50 years, Don't know if you'll ever get back if you lose. I was tensed up all day.

Now? I have a lot more confidence in the team to win today than I did last year if i'm being honest, and most importantly, we have one in the bank.

Sure i'll be highly disappointed if we lose, but even if we do, we'll still have the one last year and no one can take that away from us.

It doesn't matter though because we're going back to back today.

New World Order
02-07-2021, 10:09 AM
I am fucking nervous.

Although I did sleep 6 hours last night, which is 6 more than I thought I was going to get.

DJJasonp
02-07-2021, 10:10 AM
after last year - cool as a cucumber.

Same feeling after the jayhawks won it all in '08.

Once you reach the pinnacle, just dont feel the same stress as before.

KurtCobain
02-07-2021, 10:10 AM
I've been killing myself here thinking about what is on the line for Mahomes and his legacy tonight.

displacedinMN
02-07-2021, 10:11 AM
With TLO. Pressure is off. But the game cannot come soon enough.

KChiefs1
02-07-2021, 10:11 AM
I'm nervous because I care!

I think the Chiefs play their best game of the season & this game is over by halftime!

DaFace
02-07-2021, 10:12 AM
Nah. We're the better team, and we should win. If we lose, it's just going to be a matter of the weird things that happen in football games. I won't be happy about it, but it's hard to be mad when Mahomes is ours for 15 years.

KCUnited
02-07-2021, 10:12 AM
No nerves, only hatred

alanm
02-07-2021, 10:13 AM
Last year I was for the AFC title game the SB not so much. This year facing Buffalo I wasn't nervous at all. Today I'm a little nervous cause it's Brady and the O line is tore up. Hope Andy and Spags have great plans. :thumb:

Monticore
02-07-2021, 10:14 AM
I am more nervous about having to hear about Brady if they win that dealing with us losing so my body is torn because it know if we play our game we win , confidently nervous I guess.

ChiliConCarnage
02-07-2021, 10:15 AM
Not really. Last year took care of that for me. Making it back again this year has been amazing.

Chris Meck
02-07-2021, 10:15 AM
I'm excited but calm.

If we'd lost last year, I would've been really upset.

If we lose this year, I'll be bummed, but I won't be destroyed. We'll be back.

We're the better team, we should win. If we don't it'll be because weird shit happened.

Monticore
02-07-2021, 10:16 AM
Looks like weather will be good so less nervous now

Bill Brasky
02-07-2021, 10:16 AM
I was a mess last year. Nothing but smiles and confidence this year.

bdj23
02-07-2021, 10:17 AM
I've got a decent sized bet on the game thats making me a little nervous, but I'd be okay otherwise

TwistedChief
Nah. We're the better team, and we should win. If we lose, it's just going to be a matter of the weird things that happen in football games. I won't be happy about it, but it's hard to be mad when Mahomes is ours for 15 years.

This is kinda where I'm at.

Also, as much as I dislike Brady, if he's able to find a way to contribute meaningfully in this game and win a 7th ring, hats off to the guy. That's an amazing achievement.

We won it last year. We'll likely win it again if not today. We're more fortunate than literally every other franchise in the NFL.

digger
I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep, and got 8ish hours. I thought I would be a nervous wreck, not even a little. Game can't get here too soon... We are living in a special time for our team, our QB... Enjoy it, soak it all in we are seeing history...

RealSNR
02-07-2021, 10:18 AM
The stakes are so damn high. Win and we get glory. Lose and a smug pedophile gets his dick sucked for the next thousand years.

We have to win. The alternative is unconscionable.

louie aguiar
02-07-2021, 10:18 AM
I was more nervous for the bills game

RealSNR
02-07-2021, 10:19 AM
I was like a budhist monk until it was time to go to bed last night, then it was time to go. I don't know if it is nerves per se. But I'm amped as fuck.

That wasn't nerves. That was your enlarged prostate.

PRIEST
I'm nervous because I care!

I think the Chiefs play their best game of the season & this game is over by halftime!

This ^^^^^

comochiefsfan
I'm excited but calm.

If we'd lost last year, I would've been really upset.

If we lose this year, I'll be bummed, but I won't be destroyed. We'll be back.

We're the better team, we should win. If we don't it'll be because weird shit happened.Imagine how good you have to be, to be in the fucking Super Bowl and feel like the only way you possibly lose is if you commit a bevy of unforced errors.

It really is remarkable how good this team is.

FlaChief58
02-07-2021, 10:21 AM
Big time! Back to back and beat tompa in their house would be HUGE!

Munson
02-07-2021, 10:22 AM
No nerves this time around.

I'm just ready for the Chiefs to whoop some ass!

Archie Bunker
02-07-2021, 10:37 AM
Decided to start the day by watching my favorite three videos from last year.

1. America’s Game: The 2019 Kansas City Chiefs
2. NFL Turning Point: Super Bowl LIV Full Episode
3. NFL Films Presents Super Bowl LIV

It got me in the right mindset, I avoid the pregame hype like the plague.

On a side note after watching those again 2 meaningless things stood out. I really miss Damien Williams a lot and that INT Fuller had to seal the Super Bowl was one of the best picks I’ve ever seen.

Redbled
02-07-2021, 10:38 AM
Absolute same thing.

Last year I was a mess. Hadn't won one in 50 years, Don't know if you'll ever get back if you lose. I was tensed up all day.

Now? I have a lot more confidence in the team to win today than I did last year if i'm being honest, and most importantly, we have one in the bank.

Sure i'll be highly disappointed if we lose, but even if we do, we'll still have the one last year and no one can take that away from us.

It doesn't matter though because we're going back to back today.

Exact same. We can’t go any further than today.

Buehler445
02-07-2021, 10:40 AM
That wasn't nerves. That was your enlarged prostate.

I'm not that old - yet. Dicknose.

Danguardace
02-07-2021, 10:42 AM
I feel like last year was for the fans and i want this one so badly for the players.

Not going to lie have not slept well all week

DJJasonp
02-07-2021, 10:45 AM
Pitt won 4 SBs in 6 years.

I really would like to do something never done before - 3 in a row.

Not getting greedy or anything.....

Easy 6
02-07-2021, 10:45 AM
I feel like last year was for the fans and i want this one so badly for the players.

Not going to lie have not slept well all week

What time does it air in the UK?

Bugeater
02-07-2021, 10:49 AM
One thing I learned when Nebraska was playing in their second straight title game is that it's just not the same the second time. I mean, of course I want the Chiefs to win and it will really suck if they don't for a multitude of reasons. But none will ever be as sweet as the first one.

BlackOp
02-07-2021, 10:54 AM
The only time I've been nervous was when Mahomes was knocked out the game...I was like "this is the only way this team can lose".

Last SB the officiating didnt even enter my mind...but after the 2018 AFCCG, I have no idea what to expect. Is this the 2015 "give noodle arm a retirement trophy" scenario again or will they let Brady have a bad game if he begins to suck.

Bucs had the most PI called since they've been keeping track this year....all I want is a fair game that isnt nudged for ratings. Any other QB and I wouldn't even be bringing it up...

It's a legit concern as I felt 2018 was stolen from the Chiefs...ask Seahawk fans about their SB vs. the Steelers.

Chiefspants
02-07-2021, 10:55 AM
Last year I was such a nervous wreck that I quite honestly don’t remember a good chunk of the 2nd half.

This year I’m going to try to sit back and soak it in. I continue to be amazed that our franchise, that Kansas City, is in this spot — with a human being like Patrick Mahomes leading our team. Going to try to enjoy every moment. My wife and I are making a whole platter and donning Chiefs jerseys and our 3 month old will be in his KC onesie. We’re undefeated when he wears it so we’re going to try to keep the good vibes going.

tmax63
02-07-2021, 10:55 AM
I'm amazingly calm compared to last year. There's been enough bulletin board material for the Chiefs to stay engaged with the TB12 knob-slobbering all week that I don't think they'll have a problem getting ready/being ready for the game. I kind of like how everyone is leaning Tampa Bay, it'll keep the guys pissed.

chiefzilla1501
02-07-2021, 10:58 AM
I'm not nervous this year. Was on ice skates all year.

We've won it before. We'll be back. We don't have much to prove anymore. I won't be nervous at game time. Just adrenaline competitive once I see Brady.

Danguardace
02-07-2021, 10:59 AM
What time does it air in the UK?

11.40 pm

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-07-2021, 11:00 AM
Not nervous, if we stay healthy and take care of the ball, we win easily...

Gary Cooper
02-07-2021, 11:01 AM
Way more nervous than last year.

Last year, I was happy to just see us in the Super Bowl. The 49ers had a dominant offensive and defensive line. They had a better season than us. I figured if we lost, so be it. Also, I always liked the 49ers as a kid. I was VERY nervous for the AFC playoffs last year. Wanted the Chiefs to finally get over the hump. Not nervous during the Super Bowl. The entire 4th quarter felt like a dream. Out of nowhere we won the game. It still feels surreal.

This year, it's the other way around. We're the best team. The defending champions. We're better than Tampa. We're the favorites. I was calm during the AFC playoffs. But now there's more riding on this game. We have a rare chance to repeat. Playing against Brady puts that much more on the line. I hate that bastard. There's just more pressure this year.

Easy 6
02-07-2021, 11:03 AM
11.40 pm

Ah thanks, thats not quite as terrible as I might've guessed

11:40 is a much better kickoff time than say, 3am

Rule Britannia!

Lilmrp117
02-07-2021, 11:05 AM
I am more nervous about having to hear about Brady if they win that dealing with us losing so my body is torn because it know if we play our game we win , confidently nervous I guess.

Exactly. I think I want Brady to lose more than I want the Chiefs to win. That's how much I hate hearing about Brady. He's not even in the top 3 all time, let alone the goat and if he wins, stupid people won't shut up about how he's the greatest.

staylor26
02-07-2021, 11:08 AM
One thing I learned when Nebraska was playing in their second straight title game is that it's just not the same the second time. I mean, of course I want the Chiefs to win and it will really suck if they don't for a multitude of reasons. But none will ever be as sweet as the first one.

Normally I’d agree, but playing against Brady makes this one different for me.

swifty32661
02-07-2021, 11:09 AM
Way more nervous than last year.

Last year, I was happy to just see us in the Super Bowl. The 49ers had a dominant offensive and defensive line. They had a better season than us. I figured if we lost, so be it. Also, I always liked the 49ers as a kid. I was VERY nervous for the AFC playoffs last year. Wanted the Chiefs to finally get over the hump. Not nervous during the Super Bowl. The entire 4th quarter felt like a dream. Out of nowhere we won the game. It still feels surreal.

This year, it's the other way around. We're the best team. The defending champions. We're better than Tampa. We're the favorites. I was calm during the AFC playoffs. But now there's more riding on this game. We have a rare chance to repeat. Playing against Brady puts that much more on the line. I hate that bastard. There's just more pressure this year.

Couldn't have said it better. The idea of Brady winning another SB makes me queasy AF. the bottom line is if Brady has the refs in his pocket again. If so, it will be a tough game. If he doesn't I'm not too worried about it.

Titty Meat
02-07-2021, 11:11 AM
Yes last night

comochiefsfan
02-07-2021, 11:13 AM
Couldn't have said it better. The idea of Brady winning another SB makes me queasy AF. the bottom line is if Brady has the refs in his pocket again. If so, it will be a tough game. If he doesn't I'm not too worried about it.I think the league realizes that they have a huge opportunity with this game.

It's time. 2018 was maybe a little too soon, but Mahomes is an established superstar now. There's no question.

This is the perfect time for the league to transition into a new era. It's a chance for the face of the league for the last 20 years to hand off the torch to the face of the league for the next 15.

Brady has had a remarkable run. But the NFL knows that it's time to hand it off to Mahomes. I think the league will want us to win tonight and accordingly don't expect to get screwed by the refs. Think we'll probably be the beneficiary of some questionable calls.

Gary Cooper
02-07-2021, 11:21 AM
I think the league realizes that they have a huge opportunity with this game.

It's time. 2018 was maybe a little too soon, but Mahomes is an established superstar now. There's no question.

This is the perfect time for the league to transition into a new era. It's a chance for the face of the league for the last 20 years to hand off the torch to the face of the league for the next 15.

Brady has had a remarkable run. But the NFL knows that it's time to hand it off to Mahomes. I think the league will want us to win tonight and accordingly don't expect to get screwed by the refs. Think we'll probably be the beneficiary of some questionable calls.
It's just annoying to keep hearing about a 3 time SB loser (soon to be 4 times) as the GOAT.

kc rush
02-07-2021, 11:23 AM
I was a bundle of nerves last year. Everything was so raw, then cathartic.

This year its all business. I'm ready to go. Excited, but not anxious.

My hope is that we win and do it again in the near future. I think a third time around would be a relaxed joy. I could probably watch the game around other people if it happens again.

First things first though.

I'm sure I'll be emotionally wrapped up in the game like I was in all games this year (outside of week 17).

crayzkirk
02-07-2021, 11:25 AM
Feeling a lot like the 2015 World Series even though the Royals didn't get it done in 2014. I still can't force myself to watch the 2018 AFCCG because of all the bad calls and bend over defense still makes my blood boil.

For all of the talk about the Chiefs and their offensive players, the Buccaneers have a lot of really good players and although Brady doesn't (and never had) an arm like Mahomes, he has the experience to make a difference.

Play smart, play fast, play loose and Run It Back boys!

keg in kc
02-07-2021, 11:30 AM
I've had a bad feeling about the game since I got up. Way more nervous than last year. Expectations make a difference.

jerryaldini
02-07-2021, 11:35 AM
This is kinda where I'm at.

Also, as much as I dislike Brady, if he's able to find a way to contribute meaningfully in this game and win a 7th ring, hats off to the guy. That's an amazing achievement.

We won it last year. We'll likely win it again if not today. We're more fortunate than literally every other franchise in the NFL.

This exactly.

BlackOp
02-07-2021, 11:35 AM

You are overlooking that Brady communicates directly with Satan...he kicks everyone out of his house for 2 weeks for quality time with his dark master. His witch wife already stuck pins in Fisher's ankle and performed a car accident ritual. What are the odds of a car being stranded at that precise moment...at that location.

He's 43 year old man that looks 33...real-life Benjamin Buttons.

Mahomes will have to harness all of the (+) energy in the universe today...It's classic good vs. straight evil.

SAGA45
02-07-2021, 11:38 AM
Not nervous yet. Getting food ready. Nerves probably wont fire til it's showtime. A sharp contrast from last year when I didn't sleep the night before the game.

staylor26
02-07-2021, 11:40 AM
You have to imagine most of the guys that played last year are also feeling much more calm and collective.

jerryaldini
02-07-2021, 11:41 AM
I was like a budhist monk.

Pleasure and pain, gain and loss, praise and blame, fame and disrepute. Such is life. Requires equanimity.

That said, I hear the Dalai Lama is a Mahomes fan! Probably wearing his #15 jersey today.

Bl00dyBizkitz
02-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Slept like a baby.

Last year was our first shot in 50 years. Now it's... almost normal. As normal as the SB can get i suppose.

mr. tegu
02-07-2021, 12:07 PM
I’m confident this will be decided in the Chiefs favor by the end of the third quarter so I’m not very nervous. It’s hard not to be a bit anxious in anticipation though.

mlyonsd
02-07-2021, 12:07 PM
I wish we could go back to SB afternoon games. Better yet Saturday night

gblowfish
02-07-2021, 12:08 PM
I love watching the violent mood swings in the game day thread. CP is wildly bi-polar.

crispystl
02-07-2021, 12:13 PM
The stakes are so damn high. Win and we get glory. Lose and a smug pedophile gets his dick sucked for the next thousand years.

This. So much this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby Lee
02-07-2021, 12:19 PM
Apparently, sitting down to enjoy a celebratory gunf can be calming? :shrug:

stevieray
02-07-2021, 12:20 PM
Nope.

not within a milllion miles.

smithandrew051
02-07-2021, 12:24 PM
Not worried, have Mahomes

Halfcan
02-07-2021, 12:26 PM
I love watching the violent mood swings in the game day thread. CP is wildly bi-polar.

I don't even feel a bit nervous at all. Watching them destroy the Bills the way they did gives me confidence in a big win.

This team set the goal to Run IT Back and have met that challenge every step of the way. Time to check it off the list and start planning a Three-Peat with Hatrick Mahomes.

TEX
02-07-2021, 12:29 PM
Nope. Not nervous at all. We got this!

#runitback

ptlyon
02-07-2021, 12:40 PM
Guess I'm not nervous, just anticipation I would call it I guess. Didn't really have any of that until watching the pre game stuff this morning. Been seeing it all week too.

I want this one bad. Put Brady out to pasture.

I bought a tee spring hoodie several years ago that said "Just one before I die." Wore it last super bowl. Worn it once since.

I just want Mahomes and this team to throttle Brady and that turnip of a brain Arians. Statement game.

Won't be on much today, so to all of my CP brethren, Go Chiefs. We have something real special here

alanm
02-07-2021, 12:59 PM
11.40 pmHope your taking Monday off. One of our Australian guys mentioned what time it was on there but I don't remember. Thought he mentioned they were 18 hrs ahead. Which would make it what?? Monday afternoon?? :eek:

HonestChieffan
02-07-2021, 01:03 PM
watching pregame and got that air view of the yellow endzone and that set the heart into a new gear

eDave
02-07-2021, 01:04 PM
We're more fortunate than literally every other franchise in the NFL.

Weird, ain't it?

bigdaddychieffan
02-07-2021, 01:07 PM
Nervous but also feel like playing with house money.

Bearcat
02-07-2021, 01:08 PM

Yep... being the favorite helps a lot with pregame nerves. And even if they're somehow off or not getting calls or weird shit happens, the nerves really only come into play when there's an "oh shit" moment, like the 2nd pick in last year's SB, but they even proved that didn't matter.

LiveSteam
02-07-2021, 01:13 PM
Im nervous about the O-line.

Baby Lee
02-07-2021, 01:22 PM
You have to imagine most of the guys that played last year are also feeling much more calm and collective.

collect-ed.

KurtCobain
02-07-2021, 01:22 PM
Last year I was just excited that they made it. Just like the Royals in '14 I knew even if they lost they'd be back. Now, all I can think about is the legacy of Mahomes. I want that kid to be undefeated in SBs so bad, where the guy he is chasing(brady) is absoliutely not.

stevieray
02-07-2021, 01:24 PM
collect-ed.

A collected collective?

;)

scho63
02-07-2021, 01:40 PM
No nerves at all at this point.

Depending on how the game plays out, I may develop nerves if it stays real close to the end.

Just like you never rule out Mahomes in a close game, you never rule out Brady either.

ChiTown
02-07-2021, 01:41 PM
I’ve taken 3 shits today. I’m ready!!!

joethomas
02-07-2021, 01:48 PM
No... this team is truly great and has as good a chance to win a game as any team in history. There is no need to be nervous. Even if we don't win this particular one, this is the start of a dynasty and we will win plenty more. Even the best teams in history don't do it every year. Be confident in the team. There is no need for loser mentality that says it's all going to fall apart at any moment. Those days are gone

MMXcalibur
02-07-2021, 01:49 PM
I'm super hyped, but those jitters were a hundred-fold last year at this time.

Warrior5
02-07-2021, 01:51 PM

Me too.

Megatron96
02-07-2021, 02:14 PM
Even with the obvious issues at OL, I'm just not that worried. Almost serene right now. More anxious about getting all the food ready.

I know that during the game I'll have some itchy moments, but unlike last year, I'm just not apprehensive at all leading up to the game.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-07-2021, 02:16 PM
More pumped than nervous. I'm fully confident they'll win this game.

philfree
02-07-2021, 02:18 PM
I drank to much Crown last night to feel any nerves today. It's actually kind of working out.

ThaVirus
02-07-2021, 02:21 PM

This right here.

Last year I was nervous, but moreso because I really wanted us to shake the choker, 50-year SB drought ordeal.

This year I'm nervous because there's more on the line. We cannot let Brady win another Super Bowl.

scho63
02-07-2021, 02:22 PM
I’ve taken 3 shits today. I’m ready!!!

For a colonoscopy??? :eek:

scho63
02-07-2021, 02:23 PM

Me too.

I think that's the elephant in the room. :(

Humbug
02-07-2021, 02:28 PM
You are overlooking that Brady communicates directly with Satan...he kicks everyone out of his house for 2 weeks for quality time with his dark master. His witch wife already stuck pins in Fisher's ankle and performed a car accident ritual. What are the odds of a car being stranded at that precise moment...at that location.

He's 43 year old man that looks 33...real-life Benjamin Buttons.

Mahomes will have to harness all of the (+) energy in the universe today...It's classic good vs. straight evil.

that's bullshit but I believe it

D.A.P.
02-07-2021, 02:28 PM
Been nervous since beating Buffalo. No sleep last night.

TomBarndtsTwin
02-07-2021, 02:31 PM
Nope, nothing like last year.

I’m as calm as a cucumber /Tammy Reid

SeattleChiefFan
02-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Certainly no where near as nervous as last year. It's nice to have one in the bank.

But I'm nervous. Maybe mostly because I cannot stand the though of shady brady beating my Chiefs and having to listen to that shit for a year.

Chris Meck
02-07-2021, 02:35 PM
Literally my only concern is whether the line can hold up. I have zero other worries.

And I trust Andy with two weeks to figure it out.

Megatron96
02-07-2021, 02:35 PM
Okay, I am feeling some nerves about one thing: which jersey to wear? Last season i wore my Mahomes jersey, because I felt like we needed Patrick to have a great game.

This year I know he's going to have a great game, so I'm thinking maybe I should wear my DT jersey to give the defense some good luck/love? Or maybe my Damien Williams jersey to help our run game? Or my Kelce jersey to help him not come out too amped? Or my Studebaker jersey for the guys like DD/Fenton/Niemann/Darwin/etc.?

Decisions, decisions . . .

Chris Meck
02-07-2021, 02:42 PM
Okay, I am feeling some nerves about one thing: which jersey to wear? Last season i wore my Mahomes jersey, because I felt like we needed Patrick to have a great game.

This year I know he's going to have a great game, so I'm thinking maybe I should wear my DT jersey to give the defense some good luck/love? Or maybe my Damien Williams jersey to help our run game? Or my Kelce jersey to help him not come out too amped? Or my Studebaker jersey for the guys like DD/Fenton/Niemann/Darwin/etc.?

Decisions, decisions . . .

Lucky Len Dawson throwback here. No question.

GoBills!
02-07-2021, 02:47 PM
Like all Brady Super Bowls, I'm a complete mess...

I can't stomach the thought of him winning another SB

scho63
02-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Okay, I am feeling some nerves about one thing: which jersey to wear? Last season i wore my Mahomes jersey,

And there's your answer! :thumb:

jhawkinVA
02-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Nervous, but the 6-pack of Tank 7 I bought should help with the nerves.

Rausch
02-07-2021, 02:50 PM
Nervous, but the 6-pack of Tank 7 I bought should help with the nerves.

I haven't honestly been nervous for a game since the last SB.

1) I've seen us win. Mission accomplished.
2) We good. Reeeeeeeal good...

seclark
02-07-2021, 02:50 PM
Wife,grandkids upstairs with all the food
I’m downstairs by myself, son can come down
Few beers, cop a buzz at half
I’m good
sec

Rausch
02-07-2021, 02:52 PM
More pumped than nervous. I'm fully confident they'll win this game.

Yup.

I think we'll start slow like last time until the line adjusts. Pat will get comfortable by probably quarter 2 and that keg of whoop ass gets tapped...

Chris Meck
02-07-2021, 02:52 PM

It'll be alright, buddy. Patrick's got this.

He's better than Pepto.

Humbug
02-07-2021, 02:55 PM

trust us, billsbro

Pants
02-07-2021, 02:56 PM
I was doing completely fine until bedtime last night and then got super nervous/hyped/excited and didn't fall asleep until well after 3am. Got about 5 hours of sleep, maybe a little under.

Rausch
02-07-2021, 03:01 PM
I was doing completely fine until bedtime last night and then got super nervous/hyped/excited and didn't fall asleep until well after 3am. Got about 5 hours of sleep, maybe a little under.

Yeah, I'm gonna' need some coffee. It's been a while since I celebrated a victory on here...

tredadda
02-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Exactly. I think I want Brady to lose more than I want the Chiefs to win. That's how much I hate hearing about Brady. He's not even in the top 3 all time, let alone the goat and if he wins, stupid people won't shut up about how he's the greatest.

This. I was pulling for GB to win. That way if KC were to somehow to lose the SB it would be more tolerable to have them lose to Rodgers than Brady.

Ghost of Maslowski
02-07-2021, 03:06 PM
feel much better about this year than last. KC had to overcome a lot in the playoffs just to get to the SB last year, and then a lot more to come back and win the SB late in the 4th.

this year, they got everybody's best shot for a full season and went 14-1, road wins over several eventual division winners, and they never really struggled in either playoff game. they are going into Tampa today fully pressure treated.

Rausch
02-07-2021, 03:09 PM
feel much better about this year than last. KC had to overcome a lot in the playoffs just to get to the SB last year, and then a lot more to come back and win the SB late in the 4th.

this year, they got everybody's best shot for a full season and went 14-1, road wins over several eventual division winners, and they never really struggled in either playoff game. they are going into Tampa today fully pressure treated.

This years D is much better. Our secondary is much improved specifically...

displacedinMN
02-07-2021, 03:09 PM
ramping up

siberian khatru
02-07-2021, 03:15 PM

I actually refused to watch the last one he was in, I was so sick of him and the Pats. First SB since I started watching in 73 that I missed.

Rausch
02-07-2021, 03:34 PM
I actually refused to watch the last one he was in, I was so sick of him and the Pats. First SB since I started watching in 73 that I missed.

The only one I completely skipped was Pats/Falcons...

Graystoke
02-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Nerves on the increase here

Frazod
02-07-2021, 03:42 PM
I really haven't been a nervous wreck about a playoff game since the Colts game two years ago. Even though the game was never really in doubt, there was some hopeless, cursed, jinxed, broken part of me that was waiting for it all to blow up like so many times in the past, right up until they scored that final game sealer. When we finally got the home playoff loss monkey off our backs and also exorcised those hellspawn shitluck fucks from Indianapolis, I knew the curse was over, Mahomes was the real deal, and the sky was the limit. I assume it must be close to the same feeling Andy Dufresne had when he crawled out of the Shawshank sewer drain. I was completely hammered and cried like a baby.

I haven't been truly nervous about a game since. Jittery, distracted, impatient for game day, sure. But now WE have the soulcrushing QB on our team, not the other way around.

StinkBox
02-07-2021, 03:42 PM
The combination of my love for Mahomes, wanting to see Brady get knocked off, and being emotionally exempt from the Chiefs outside Mahomes leaves me little reason for nerves.

Best of luck, no injuries, and let's go Patrick!

Over Yonder
02-07-2021, 03:45 PM
I've got a decent sized bet on the game thats making me a little nervous, but I'd be okay otherwise

Like with a bookie/professional bet? Or did you find an individual that was willing to put decent coin on the Bucs? (assuming you have the Chiefs)

I couldn't find anybody around here that would take the Bucs straight up. Had a guy that would take them and 10 points. I'm not that confident :shake:

kc rush
02-07-2021, 04:24 PM
Starting to build up. Spent the last two hours watching game highlights from this season.

EPodolak
02-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Never been one to lose a nights sleep or unable to relax day of, but when the game starts today I'll feel my heart in my stomach.

Funkstown
02-07-2021, 04:29 PM
Ugh my stomach is upset....

HC_Chief
02-07-2021, 04:44 PM
Nope. I have the same feeling I had for the 2015 Royals World Series: we got this. :D

cdcox
02-07-2021, 04:46 PM
I've not been dwelling on it this week. Stayed busy today, but now the food is all fixed and there's nothing else to do but think about the game. I'm nervous, mostly because I don't want to go through the negative emotions that comes with a loss, if that happens. I think we'll win, but any given week and all that.

Chiefer8989
02-07-2021, 04:54 PM
I'm not nervous. We got this. Dynasty.

Bugeater
02-07-2021, 05:11 PM
Ok, now I'm freaking out a bit.

SeattleChiefFan
02-07-2021, 05:17 PM
Pacing....

tyecopeland
02-07-2021, 05:17 PM
I'm more nervous this year than I was last year. I'm excited too but I had way more positive energy last year.

Dartgod
02-07-2021, 05:34 PM
A little nervous now, but confident.

SAGA45
02-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Adrenaline valve released...

Azide22
02-07-2021, 05:38 PM
Im a basket case

eDave
02-07-2021, 06:27 PM
Just now getting them.