PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anybody making excuses for the refs can rot in hell

Mahomes_Is_God
02-07-2021, 08:52 PM
Knock that shit off. The officiating was completely one sided in this. Don't you dare put this loss on the Chiefs, they never even had a chance to compete. Swan dive into a wood chipper you soft ass pieces of diseased shit!!!!!

eDave
02-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Knock that shit off. The officiating was completely one sided in this. Don't you dare put this loss on the Chiefs, they never even had a chance to compete. Swan dive into a wood chipper you soft ass pieces of diseased shit!!!!!

I don't hear excuses. I hear anger that KC couldn't overcome them.

KCUnited
02-07-2021, 08:55 PM
Call your sponsor

Mecca
02-07-2021, 08:56 PM
You should be a better poster than understands simple shit.

jerryaldini
02-07-2021, 09:04 PM
Lol so we win without those calls? Hope the mods delete this.

dlphg9
02-07-2021, 09:04 PM
This game is a load of shit. Worst officiated game I've ever seen in my life. This game was over in the first half after they were gifted a first down on a FG and then 2 PI calls. Suh lead with his helmet sacking Mahomes and nothing.

I don't wanna hear this shit about not deserving to win if you can't beat the refs. This is the god damn SB and we hear about how close the bad teams and good teams are in terms of talent. So how the fuck are you supposed to win the SB when you're playing one of the best teams and the refs are gifting them points.

Why Not?
02-07-2021, 09:06 PM
O line took the night off and our pass catchers did Pat no favors. That being said, officiating was garbage and absolutely one sided. Anyone who disagrees didn't watch the game.

Sassy Squatch
02-07-2021, 09:08 PM
LMAO Blaming this solely on the refs is absolutely pathetic.

Jim Jones
02-07-2021, 09:09 PM
Refs sucked but you can't win a Superbowl against that team scoring 9 points. The offensive line shit the bed and Andy went full retard with the play calling.

RockRocks787
02-07-2021, 09:12 PM
I will never allow myself to be emotional about a Chiefs game or any NFL game again after watching this. I have always believed the theory that the referees are told to call certain things for certain teams. Tim Donaghy admitted that this was the case in the NBA and I absolutely believe him even though yes the guy is a piece of shit. I don't care what anyone says. The things that were called in the 1st half were blatant and absolutely had an impact on the rest of the game.

No question we were outplayed, but our defense was completely demoralized in the 1st half. Once that happened the offense started to lose hope too. The refs were trending on Twitter by the way and it wasn't just Chiefs fans complaining.

Hoopsdoc
02-07-2021, 09:16 PM
I will never allow myself to be emotional about a Chiefs game or any NFL game again after watching this. I have always believed the theory that the referees are told to call certain things for certain teams. Tim Donaghy admitted that this was the case in the NBA and I absolutely believe him even though yes the guy is a piece of shit. I don't care what anyone says. The things that were called in the 1st half were blatant and absolutely had an impact on the rest of the game.

No question we were outplayed, but our defense was completely demoralized in the 1st half. Once that happened the offense started to lose hope too. The refs were trending on Twitter by the way and it wasn't just Chiefs fans complaining.

Officiating was bad but Tampa took it to them from the start. Mathieu losing his cool didn’t help, especially since that was obviously a penalty.

Mecca
02-07-2021, 09:18 PM
Officiating was bad but Tampa took it to them from the start. Mathieu losing his cool didn’t help, especially since that was obviously a penalty.

A former ref disagrees with you.

ghak99
02-07-2021, 09:19 PM

One of you twatter pros should compile the best of the best into a thread. Keeping most of them non chiefs fans would be even better.

Hoopsdoc
02-07-2021, 09:19 PM
A former ref disagrees with you.

That was clearly a penalty.

Al Bundy
02-07-2021, 09:22 PM
Chiefs OL got away with holding A LOT.....

Rain Man
02-07-2021, 09:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here’s the DPI that set up a potential Tampa score right before halftime. <a href="https://t.co/p3YGuYkwaQ">pic.twitter.com/p3YGuYkwaQ</a></p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1358584221917450252?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mahomes_Is_God
02-07-2021, 09:39 PM

Which penalty? When he pointed his finger at the incest child molester and got flagged for "unsportsmanlike"? Since when in the fuck is trash talk flag worthy? Fuck each and every one of you despicable cunts making excuses for the refs. FUCK YOU AND DIE

loochy
02-07-2021, 09:42 PM
Which penalty? When he pointed his finger at the incest child molester and got flagged for "unsportsmanlike"? Since when in the fuck is trash talk flag worthy? Fuck each and every one of you despicable cunts making excuses for the refs. FUCK YOU AND DIE

find me some fatties that can at least stand in the way of a D lineman for 2 seconds and we'll talk

Hoopsdoc
02-07-2021, 09:45 PM
Which penalty? When he pointed his finger at the incest child molester and got flagged for "unsportsmanlike"? Since when in the **** is trash talk flag worthy? **** each and every one of you despicable ****s making excuses for the refs. **** YOU AND DIE

I was referring to the PI right before the half that set the Bucs up on the 1.

I have no idea what that was between he and Brady.

crazycoffey
02-07-2021, 09:46 PM
It was a good year. Two Super Bowls in two years..... three AFC playoff championship games in a row. It sucks to go away from this game, with the feelings the refs had too much influence.

I think there were a few calls that shouldn’t have been made.

I think there were a few calls that could’ve been made.

I think these favored the patriots..... sorry. The Tomba Bay F-Me-neers.

But. Business as usual for at least a couple super bowls.

But there was also too many drops. That didn’t help KC. I agree.

Some suspicious shady people probably made a shit load of money. But. What do I know.... there’s no mob connections ever, ever in the Midwest.

Molitoth
02-07-2021, 09:46 PM
The refs were bad, but the dropped balls were worse. The chiefs did thier best at shitting the bed.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-07-2021, 09:47 PM
Chiefs OL got away with holding A LOT.....

Piss off

Rain Man
02-07-2021, 09:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here’s the DPI that set up a potential Tampa score right before halftime. <a href="https://t.co/p3YGuYkwaQ">pic.twitter.com/p3YGuYkwaQ</a></p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1358584221917450252?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And in case you're curious, here's the official language from the NFL rulebook: https://operations.nfl.com/media/3831/2019-playing-rules.pdf. Note the part in red.

SECTION 5 PASS INTERFERENCE
ARTICLE 1. DEFINITION. It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of
scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Pass interference can only occur when a forward
pass is thrown from behind the line of scrimmage, regardless of whether the pass is legal or illegal, or whether it crosses the line.
Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. See Article 2 for prohibited acts
while the ball is in the air.
Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. See Article 2 for prohibited acts
while the ball is in the air and Article 4 for prohibited acts prior to the pass.
ARTICLE 2. PROHIBITED ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are pass interference include,
but are not limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;
(b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;
(c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass;
(d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of whether the
player committing such act is playing the ball;
(e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball;
(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the
ball arriving; or
(g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating separation.
Note: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.
ARTICLE 3. PERMISSIBLE ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are permissible by a player
include, but are not limited to:
(a) Incidental contact by an opponent’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is
looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.
(b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.
(c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players,
except as specified in 8-3-2 and 8-5-4 pertaining to blocking downfield by the offense.
(d) Laying a hand on an opponent that does not restrict him in an attempt to make a play on the ball.
(e) Contact by a player who has gained position on an opponent in an attempt to catch the ball.
Notes:
(1) When the ball is in the air, eligible offensive and defensive receivers have the same right to the path of the ball and are
subject to the same restrictions.
(2) Acts that do not occur more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage are not pass interference, but could be offensive
or defensive holding (see 12-1-3 and 12-1-6).
(3) Whenever a team presents an apparent punting formation and until the ball is kicked, defensive acts that normally
constitute pass interference are permitted against the end man on the line of scrimmage, or against an eligible receiver
behind the line of scrimmage who is aligned or in motion more than one yard outside the end man on the line, provided
that the acts do not constitute illegal holding. Defensive holding, such as tackling a receiver, still can be called and result
in a five-yard penalty from the previous spot, if accepted. Offensive pass interference rules still apply

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-07-2021, 09:48 PM
Chris Jones saying the penalties played a huge role

Hoopsdoc
02-07-2021, 09:49 PM
And in case you're curious, here's the official language from the NFL rulebook: https://operations.nfl.com/media/3831/2019-playing-rules.pdf. Note the part in red.

SECTION 5 PASS INTERFERENCE
ARTICLE 1. DEFINITION. It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of
scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Pass interference can only occur when a forward
pass is thrown from behind the line of scrimmage, regardless of whether the pass is legal or illegal, or whether it crosses the line.
Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched. See Article 2 for prohibited acts
while the ball is in the air.
Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. See Article 2 for prohibited acts
while the ball is in the air and Article 4 for prohibited acts prior to the pass.
ARTICLE 2. PROHIBITED ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are pass interference include,
but are not limited to:
(a) Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;
(b) Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;
(c) Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass;
(d) Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of whether the
player committing such act is playing the ball;
(e) Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball;
(f) Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the
ball arriving; or
(g) Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating separation.
Note: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.
ARTICLE 3. PERMISSIBLE ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR. Acts that are permissible by a player
include, but are not limited to:
(a) Incidental contact by an opponent’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is
looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.
(b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.
(c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players,
except as specified in 8-3-2 and 8-5-4 pertaining to blocking downfield by the offense.
(d) Laying a hand on an opponent that does not restrict him in an attempt to make a play on the ball.
(e) Contact by a player who has gained position on an opponent in an attempt to catch the ball.
Notes:
(1) When the ball is in the air, eligible offensive and defensive receivers have the same right to the path of the ball and are
subject to the same restrictions.
(2) Acts that do not occur more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage are not pass interference, but could be offensive
or defensive holding (see 12-1-3 and 12-1-6).
(3) Whenever a team presents an apparent punting formation and until the ball is kicked, defensive acts that normally
constitute pass interference are permitted against the end man on the line of scrimmage, or against an eligible receiver
behind the line of scrimmage who is aligned or in motion more than one yard outside the end man on the line, provided
that the acts do not constitute illegal holding. Defensive holding, such as tackling a receiver, still can be called and result
in a five-yard penalty from the previous spot, if accepted. Offensive pass interference rules still apply

That was a bad call. Clearly incidental contact.

crazycoffey
02-07-2021, 09:49 PM
Yeah, most real NFL fans; regardless of rooting for Tampa or KC; know the call was bullshit. Is this the debate?

crazycoffey
02-07-2021, 09:51 PM
every NFL Purist is saying the penalties played a huge role

FYP

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-07-2021, 09:54 PM

I thought they weren't supposed to call PI if the ball is clearly uncatchable. There were at least two of those.

GloryDayz
02-07-2021, 09:55 PM
I would only comment that if the defense wants to whine, perhaps they lobby the right people and do the right things, to force change. That doesn't mean get in official's faces, that won't change anything, perhaps find ways to force rules changes. IOW, "\defensive players do what needs to be done to get the right people in the right places to negotiate with the league to have a hold for a rushing D lineman to be the same standard for a hold in the secondary.

But right now the officials are doing what their employers are telling them to do, and the Chiefs weren't setup in this game to get a victory based on what the NFL want.

Al Bundy
02-07-2021, 09:55 PM

He was scoring a TD if he didn't get his legs dove upon.

Rain Man
02-07-2021, 10:01 PM

But he didn't catch the ball. He and Breeland inadvertently kicked feet and fell as a result, which is by rule an incomplete pass.

jdubya
02-07-2021, 10:02 PM
Call your sponsor

/micdrop

/thread

ROFLMAO

ghak99
02-07-2021, 10:05 PM

Bullshit.

Mahomes_Is_God
02-07-2021, 10:10 PM

That ball was uncatchable. Git out

GloryDayz
02-07-2021, 10:14 PM

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. But it's over now, and our O was never going to be able to answer so it's not worth debating.

GoChargers
02-07-2021, 10:34 PM
I thought they weren't supposed to call PI if the ball is clearly uncatchable. There were at least two of those.

Brady's balls are always catchable for the refs.

Kman34
02-07-2021, 11:01 PM

Bullshit.. He flopped when he felt contact with his foot.. However slight it was..

GloryDayz
02-07-2021, 11:05 PM
Bullshit.. He flopped when he felt contact with his foot.. However slight it was..

To be honest, he was just playing the game within the game. He knew the officials were flag-happy, he took the dive. There was no down side in doing so.

Kultamine
02-07-2021, 11:32 PM
Look at the replay multiple times. Drag the slider back and forth. Look at it again at full speed. Repeat. This is what went down....

Evans left foot incidentally contacts Breeland's left foot causing Breeland to start to fall and threw off Evans' stride.

Neither view shows whether Breeland contact Evans' left foot at the back of his next stride.

Regardless of any contact, about 0.01sec thereafter Evans just flops by buckling at the knees when he sees the ball is uncatchable. Smart move and Brady probably reminds his receiver to do that since he does get PI call all. the. time.

The referees had something going on and we will never know what. The National Financial League wants to maximize the leagues stature and thereby revenue. The sad situation with the Britt Reid accident is not the sort of story that makes money, so the feel-good Andy Reid wins the big one story is so LIV and has grown dated. Brady is money plain and simple especially since announcers do not mention the cheating he and the Patriots were CAUGHT at, and we will never know what else they but never got caught.

I'm just sad that it was a poorly called game that was too much to overcome.

But man, what a ride and a great season!

Raiderhater
02-07-2021, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. But it's over now, and our O was never going to be able to answer so it's not worth debating.

Ultimately, this is the correct take.

Joe
02-08-2021, 06:20 AM
LMAO Blaming this solely on the refs is absolutely pathetic.

It's what fans do. They can't believe their team could lose, so if there are suspect calls (which there were), it HAS to be the reason why their team lost. Way I see it, if you're a better team, you overcome those calls and still beat the opposing team.

At the end of the game, TB (both Tampa Bay and Tom Brady) played better than the chiefs.

chiefzilla1501
02-08-2021, 06:43 AM
The refs didn't lose us the game. But the horrendous lobsided officiating helped turned a loss into a blowout. So we have reason to be pissed.

crayzkirk
02-08-2021, 07:00 AM
Winners take home the cheerleaders, losers complain about how unfair it is.

chiefzilla1501
02-08-2021, 07:04 AM
Also, while the refs didn't lose us this game, it's more than fair to ask how well Brady actually plays without the lobsided officiating. They took Mathieus head out of the game. And no doubt the DB's were terrified of flags by the second half.

SuperBowl4
02-08-2021, 07:20 AM
The NFL and the refs always side with Tom. It's so obvious. They have put him first and foremost as their poster player since that snow playoff game against the Raiders. So happy the GIANTS beat TB in the Super Bowl to ruin their perfect season. Bernard Pollard is my favorite CHIEFS player all-time. But that hit on Brady came with a price. The CHIEFS fans were stuck watching the guy who replaced Brady for years that resulted in a lot of bad football played at ARROWHEAD.

Hugh Jayniss
02-08-2021, 07:22 AM
Tom Brady owns us!

milkshock
02-08-2021, 07:23 AM
I will never accept this result. Never. For me, this Super Bowl will be forever tainted and doesnt even constiutute a real loss. Goodell and the rest of his stooges wnated a Brady win, and a Brady win was what they got.

Deberg_1990
02-08-2021, 07:28 AM
There were 2-3 bad calls yes.

But it’s not the reason the chiefs lost. If the game had been closer I might be more upset. The Bucs were just a better team last night. Outmatched the chiefs in every phase of the game. Simple as that.

milkshock
02-08-2021, 07:31 AM
For me this is more sickening than the kicker who shall not be named game

Dull Tools
02-08-2021, 07:34 AM
There were 2-3 bad calls yes.

But it’s not the reason the chiefs lost. If the game has been closer I might be more upset. The Bucs were just a better team last night. Outmatched the chiefs in every phase of the game. Simple as that.

It is hard to say as they all came at key moments. Definitely were robbed of a more interesting game.

Bucs would have had 2 less TDs going into half time and they would have been under more pressure.

Easier playing well on defence all game when you are up by 2-3 scores. It is different if you are 1 score up trying to hold on against Mahomes.

Probably would have been the same result but would have been more closure.

Matter2003
02-08-2021, 07:40 AM
This game is a load of shit. Worst officiated game I've ever seen in my life. This game was over in the first half after they were gifted a first down on a FG and then 2 PI calls. Suh lead with his helmet sacking Mahomes and nothing.

I don't wanna hear this shit about not deserving to win if you can't beat the refs. This is the god damn SB and we hear about how close the bad teams and good teams are in terms of talent. So how the **** are you supposed to win the SB when you're playing one of the best teams and the refs are gifting them points.

Guess the refs wanted to make up for the lack of calls last game when the Bills receivers should have been calling the KC police department and reporting assault and battery on every pass play.

One thing is for sure tho. Allen looks a hell of a lot better under constant pressure than Mahomes does. You sure Mahomes is really better than Allen?

Allen outperformed him under normal conditions this year, he outperformed him against blitzes, and he outperformed him under constant pressure.He scored more points with no TE or running game to speak of. He also outperformed him in the MVP and All-pro voting this year.
He is still learning and will come back even better.

Might want to rethink that.

Deberg_1990
02-08-2021, 07:43 AM
It is hard to say as they all came at key moments. Definitely were robbed of a more interesting game.

Bucs would have had 2 less TDs going into half time and they would have been under more pressure.

Easier playing well on defence all game when you are up by 2-3 scores. It is different if you are 1 score up trying to hold on against Mahomes.

Probably would have been the same result but would have been more closure.

Yea. I’m going to say the Chiefs would have lost anyways. They were bad in all phases last night except for Butker. Townsend should be cut immediately.

redfan
02-08-2021, 07:51 AM
The NFL just wants to show the world that a middle-sized white dude can be an star athlete in a pro sport other than hockey.

GloryDayz
02-08-2021, 08:21 AM
Oddly enough I'm already over it. It is what it is, the league is what it is, and the officials are who they are. We can't change any of that. All the complaining in the world will not result in the NFL officials suddenly having their calls, more specifically their comparative missed/made calls (calls favoring one side over the other), reviewed publicly. Nor will the NFL ever explain why there's a different standard for what a hold is on a rushing D-lineman vs a running WR.

And the major sports networks will almost exclusively have some clown who used to play on offense be the talking head who will almost next admit that a D-lineman was held, and will defend the slightest touch as PI.

It's just how the NFL rolls folks...