PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who else is sick and tired of the unforced mistakes?

notorious
02-08-2021, 10:01 AM
For some reason this team makes some of the dumbest mental errors I've ever seen by a championship-caliber team.

The mental mistakes make what should be blowouts into close games, and when they meet a team of equal talent it costs them dearly.

What the fuck is going on in their heads? It's unbelievable that players that have been playing this game for years can go completely full-retard SEVERAL times in a game.

This thread is to point out their dumbfuckery, and vent about it.

Mahomes_Is_God
02-08-2021, 10:06 AM
Life doesnt even feel like its worth living anymore.

Chiefspants
02-08-2021, 10:08 AM

Dude, take a deep breath, go outside for a while and then watch last year’s season highlights. We have a bright future ahead.

OKchiefs
02-08-2021, 10:08 AM
I think Reid is a player's coach and generally let's guys play their game and doesn't come down too hard on them, but such a veteran experienced team shouldn't consistently make this many unforced errors.

Beef Supreme
02-08-2021, 10:32 AM

Wellbye.gif

notorious
02-08-2021, 10:33 AM

Vent.

That's what the thread is for.

THAT'S WHAT CHIEFS PLANET IS FOR.

You are not, nor will you ever be alone.

Rain Man
02-08-2021, 10:54 AM
I find it interesting that brady now has two Super Bowl wins that are directly the result of the same official calling neutral zone penalties that had massive impacts on the game.

Deberg_1990
02-08-2021, 10:56 AM
For some reason this team makes some of the dumbest mental errors I've ever seen by a championship-caliber team.

The mental mistakes make what should be blowouts into close games, and when they meet a team of equal talent it costs them dearly.

What the **** is going on in their heads? It's unbelievable that players that have been playing this game for years can go completely full-retard SEVERAL times in a game.

This thread is to point out their dumb****ery, and vent about it.

I think we could start by asking Britt Reid

theoldcoach
02-08-2021, 10:56 AM
And both of those neutral zone penalty calls were correct.

notorious
02-08-2021, 10:59 AM
I think we could start by asking Britt Reid

Absolutely true.

He went full-on fucking idiot right before one of the most important days of his life.

Good judgement and this team are often strangers to each other.

notorious
02-08-2021, 11:01 AM

3rd grade boys know how to line up on the right side of the ball.

Hardman doesn't. He's a massive moron.

Our punter choked several times last night, too.

Kman34
02-08-2021, 11:06 AM
3rd grade boys know how to line up on the right side of the ball.

Hardman doesn't. He's a massive moron.

Our punter choked several times last night, too.

Our hippy dippy punter should be cut this year... Kickers grow on trees..

Dunerdr
02-08-2021, 11:08 AM
I honestly believe that its because they think they can lean on Patrick. Last year we were hit and miss until he got hurt and they had to play as a team and get their shit together without him. This year they could just hit the switch and squeak one out. This year they never really came over the adversity where everyone had to give an a effort.

Rain Man
02-08-2021, 11:11 AM

And perhaps they were. I go back to Andy saying in 2018 that the officials will usually warn a team, but maybe it's the coaches' fault for not letting the players know that this particular official will aggressively watch for neutral zone violations on key plays involving Tom Brady.

Coochie liquor
02-08-2021, 11:13 AM
No way the NFL wanted KC to win after the Britt wreck. They don’t want that overshadowing a championship.

ChiTown
02-08-2021, 11:15 AM
It's just something that I have come to accept with this team. You take the good with the bad. Generally speaking, it's been hard to argue with the results.

But, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, I'm baffled at why, oh why, we didn't just let the Bucs run out the clock in the first half. We would have been down one score and getting the ball back after half. Take your lumps, get right at halftime, and get a score coming out of the gates. Huge mistake, IMO.

MahomesMagic
02-08-2021, 11:16 AM

It's the worst loss of the Reid-Mahomes Era.

But in the end it's just a game. Savor the wins and shake off the losses.

chiefzilla1501
02-08-2021, 11:18 AM
Lots of things. Reid had to be a little distracted and the players had to have felt it. Our defense is cocky as hell and guys like Feliciano and Jensen were baiting us... And we took the bait. Ive never seen honey Badger lose his cool like that, so bad officiating contributed to it too. Just a perfect storm of stuff.

notorious
02-08-2021, 11:22 AM
It's the worst loss of the Reid-Mahomes Era.

But in the end it's just a game. Savor the wins and shake off the losses.

Yep.

gold_and_red
02-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Results have been good so far. But results were good in Green Bay too in 2011. One or two plays are all it take to not win a SB. I would rather have the opponent make spectacular game winning plays than the Chiefs gift wrapping the win. It is worrying that Reid's teams in KC have been penalized at the most inopportune times. For Mahomes to win multiple rings he needs a lot more help from coaching than just elite play design.

Steve Sewell
02-08-2021, 11:28 AM
Absolutely true.

He went full-on ****ing idiot right before one of the most important days of his life.

The Chiefs are 38-10 in the last 3 regular seasons (+398 pt differential) with two Super Bowl appearances and one win.

You guys are doing just fine in the good judgment department, despite the fact that your team is littered with trashbags like Hill, Jones and Mathieu.

Although I would say, even though Mahomes seems to be a good level headed dude, if he's anything like his mom or fiance (girlfriend?) behind the scenes, you guys should be worried about him as well.

Mahomes_Is_God
02-08-2021, 11:29 AM
Results have been good so far. But results were good in Green Bay too in 2011. One or two plays are all it take to not win a SB. I would rather have the opponent make spectacular game winning plays than the Chiefs gift wrapping the win. It is worrying that Reid's teams in KC have been penalized at the most inopportune times. For Mahomes to win multiple rings he needs a lot more help from coaching than just elite play design.

So just come out and say it. You're suggesting we fire Andy.

Bob Dole
02-08-2021, 11:30 AM
One of the teams looked like they had never been in a Super Bowl, and it wasn’t Tampa.

notorious
02-08-2021, 11:30 AM
The Chiefs are 38-10 in the last 3 regular seasons (+398 pt differential) with two Super Bowl appearances and one win.

You guys are doing just fine in the good judgment department, despite the fact that your team is littered with trashbags like Hill, Jones and Mathieu.

Although I would say, even though Mahomes seems to be a good level headed dude, if he's anything like his mom or fiance (girlfriend?) behind the scenes, you guys should be worried about him as well.

Talent offsets dumbfuckery until the talent level is matched.

You get what happened in Tampa when talent is equal.

Easy 6
02-08-2021, 11:37 AM
Absolutely true.

He went full-on fucking idiot right before one of the most important days of his life.

When the story broke I reeeally wanted to believe those saying "Reid will be fine, he's too good to be distracted"... but deep down I knew that it couldn't help but have some kind of negative impact

stevieray
02-08-2021, 11:37 AM
Dropped passes

Two for TD's

Kelce dropped a crucial 3rd down pass.
Hardman and Williams? 4/14

LACK. OF. FOCUS.

...see Brit Reid.

notorious
02-08-2021, 11:39 AM
When the story broke I reeeally wanted to believe those saying "Reid will be fine, he's too good to be distracted"... but deep down I knew that it couldn't help but have some kind of negative impact

It's his son.

Guys are excellent a compartmentalizing and focusing on the work in front of them, but this is a whole other level.

I put myself in his situation and there is no way I would be 100%.

notorious
02-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Dropped passes

Two for TD's

Kelce dropped a crucial 3rd down pass.
Hardman and Williams? 4/14

LACK. OF. FOCUS.

...see Brit Reid.

Yep.

Wallcrawler
02-08-2021, 12:14 PM
It's just something that I have come to accept with this team. You take the good with the bad. Generally speaking, it's been hard to argue with the results.

But, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, I'm baffled at why, oh why, we didn't just let the Bucs run out the clock in the first half. We would have been down one score and getting the ball back after half. Take your lumps, get right at halftime, and get a score coming out of the gates. Huge mistake, IMO.

This.

Im hard pressed to ever remember a time where defensive timeouts before half has worked for Andy.

You did NOTHING for 29.5 minutes, and you suddenly have a way to move the offense the length of the field in 15 second with 0 timeouts?

Fuck outta here.

We were getting ball at half. They were surrendering on the possession.

Full Reidtard appearance.

ku_jhawk23
02-08-2021, 08:05 PM
Our hippy dippy punter should be cut this year... Kickers grow on trees..

You and the OP are morons....GFY

gold_and_red
02-08-2021, 08:24 PM
So just come out and say it. You're suggesting we fire Andy.

No but he won't be coaching forever here. We need a true OC to call plays and be a potential HC successor. Reid needs to focus on managing the game and coach hard to cut down the penalties. The latter has already derailed 2018 and 2020. Can't believe Hardman lined up like that after the legend of Dee Ford. Can you imagine these happening to Belichick teams in monumental games?

srvy
02-09-2021, 12:47 AM
Has Cheffers retired yet? That what these dirty refs do after they screw us over.

Megatron96
02-09-2021, 12:52 AM
You and the OP are morons....GFY

Solid post noob.

J Diddy
02-09-2021, 01:13 AM
More pissed about the forced mistakes. Like your mother, giving birth to you.

UK_Chief
02-09-2021, 01:38 AM
I wonder if Hardman will be treated the same way as Dee Ford?

Best22
02-09-2021, 01:43 AM
I wonder if Hardman will be treated the same way as Dee Ford?

No, because he didn’t cost us the game

UK_Chief
02-09-2021, 07:25 AM

Agreed but his dumb shit stuff has been more noticeable than his good stuff. Maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back?

loochy
02-09-2021, 07:42 AM
Agreed but his dumb shit stuff has been more noticeable than his good stuff. Maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back?

no

MahomesMagic
02-09-2021, 07:50 AM
One interesting theory I heard was that teams gets to prepare the officiating crew before the game for things to look out for.

They will show the officiating crew certain plays to watch out for. I think Tampa might have somehow showed a lot of plays where Chiefs were holding, committing penalties and they were not called previously on our defensive backs.

They worked the refs in subtle, not so subtle ways to get them to call the game a certain way. It's also possible that Brady was involved where his experience with New England and BB helped him prep Tampa coaches on how to work the refs pre-game as well as get his players to create retaliatory penalties and subtle gamesmanship.

If any of this is the explanation (and its not the NFL wanted Brady again stuff) then KC needs to be uber prepared to examine every possible way these tactics were used against us for our future use.

Gary Cooper
02-09-2021, 09:07 AM
Chris Jones needs to stop taking stupid 15 yard penalties. You can't have one of your leaders doing that so frequently. Like I said yesterday, he could have gotten tossed in the first quarter of the Buffalo game. He's too easy to bait.

Kelce used to have that problem and he fixed it.

Shields68
02-09-2021, 10:29 AM

It also looked like the whole team was offsides.

smithandrew051
02-09-2021, 10:54 AM
Chris Jones needs to stop taking stupid 15 yard penalties. You can't have one of your leaders doing that so frequently. Like I said yesterday, he could have gotten tossed in the first quarter of the Buffalo game. He's too easy to bait.

Kelce used to have that problem and he fixed it.

The Brady smile after that one told the whole story. Brady clearly instructed his OL to give Jones the occasional late shove, knowing Jones wouldn’t be able to resist retaliating.

Hell, Brady probably told the refs to watch 95 several times until he got caught.

Mahomes would be wise to start working the officials as well. It’s fucking annoying, but it seems to work.

MahomesMagic
02-09-2021, 10:58 AM
The Brady smile after that one told the whole story. Brady clearly instructed his OL to give Jones the occasional late shove, knowing Jones wouldn’t be able to resist retaliating.

Hell, Brady probably told the refs to watch 95 several times until he got caught.

Mahomes would be wise to start working the officials as well. It’s ****ing annoying, but it seems to work.

You can learn a lot from a cheater and the Patriots perfected this sh&^.

Brady brought his knowledge of it to Tampa.

Now KC needs to adapt and be ready to work every angle. If we win another Super Bowl for Mahomes in a close game where we work the refs I am sure we will all look back at this Tampa disaster and smile.

Marcellus
02-09-2021, 10:58 AM
KC has lost 2 of the last 28 games or so that Mahomes has started?

JFC people get a grip.