PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Super Bowl LV: Bucs 31 - KC 9

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 12:18 PM
Ten Things About Last Night’s SB LV: Bucs 31 KC 9

10. I can honestly say I had one of my worst days of recent memory Sunday. I know we all ended up having a pretty crappy Sunday, unless you’re my Columbia Cop friend Tom who’s a Career Brady Butt Sniffer and was all up in my Facebook face this morning. He’s happy as a little gurl. Sunday I got up early. Stuck my head out the door to a refreshing six degrees with a wind chill of negative three. Hung the Chiefs flag; coffee in the special mug, crock pots (or cock pots if you can't spell like me) crocking. Went out and cleaned off the cars so my wife could go to church and then to work for a few hours. She works for the City of Independence, and they were opening a couple of heating centers for the homeless to warm up. So everything is going swimmingly…..yeah….swimmingly. Until I go downstairs to get a tablecloth and find about two inches of water all over the basement floor. Main line is either frozen or clogged. Nasty water literally everywhere. Mop up two big industrial yellow mop buckets full, try to get it to drain out from the laundry sink. No dice, it comes right back up through the floor drains. So we have an official giant f-ing mess on our hands. I decide to be like Unsinkable Molly Brown and endeavor to persevere. Although, now, I have no running water. No toilet flush, no dishwasher. And my friend is Gary coming over for the game at 4pm.

9. By the end of the third quarter, I knew I’d remember this day for getting more satisfaction from mopping up raw sewage than watching the game itself. I was tired and frustrated and in a very dark mood last night so decided to wait until today to write a season ending Ten Things. Today I’m at work, had to wash up in our company men’s room, but at least I have a working toilet. I hope I can bring some balance, and as our friend Twisted Chief said in another thread, perspective, on the end of Chiefs Covid Season and SB LV.

8. I’m always interested in the box score and stat sheets after a game like this. If you look at everything except the scoreboard, the game appears somewhat even. Of course, it was far from that. Chiefs actually had ten more yards of total offense. Both teams had eleven drives and averaged just over five yards per play. Both teams were bad on third down. Bucs had the ball two minutes more than KC. Neither team scored in the fourth quarter. Difference came down to three things: a) KC’s inability to score TDs and settle for Buttkicker points; b) QB sacks, hurries and turnovers; and c) penalty yards.

7. Buttkicker was the only reliable player for KC. In the first half, Bucs scored three times, all TDs. KC scored twice, both field goals. Sevens beat threes. And just like in the multiple close games KC won this year when opponents settled for three, the script was flipped and we fell into the same deadly trap. One of those field goals was from the 50 yard range, so that was by no means a gimme.

6. Mahomes threw for more yards than Brady. Brady threw two TDs to Gronk and one to Antonio Brown. Brady was only sacked once. Mahomes was sacked three times, threw two picks and was under heavy pressure on just about every one of his passing opportunities. He was running for his life the entire game on a foot that’s going to need surgery this month. Mahomes was KC’s second leading rusher with five scrambles. CEH had 64 yards but most of them came on a 26-yard run in the second half. Mahomes was frequently off target. And when he was on target, players were dropping passes or taking them right off the face mask. As the game went on, Brady dinked and dunked on his usual circle routes to backs and slants to Gronk. On the stat sheet it looks like the Chiefs held Evans and Godwin to three total catches. But Evans was awarded several DPI penalties that were just as effective as if he had caught the ball. So he contributed yardage in that manner. I saw a stat somewhere that Brady had been awarded more than 20 DPI’s this season that resulted in Bucs TD drives. So he relies on the kindness of Zebras to get the ball into the red zone.

5. Officiating was not the reason that we lost, but it was a contributing factor. Chiefs were penalized 11 times for 120 yards. Bucs four times for 39 yards, and fifteen of those yards was a taunting penalty on Winfield, wagging the peace sign in Tyreek’s grill after breaking up a fourth down desperation pass in the fourth quarter. So the actual penalties on the Bucs were negligible. For the Chiefs though, especially in the first half, DPIs help set up the first two Bucs TD drives. One Bucs TD drive was just Chiefs stupidity when Hamilton (or Hardman, CBS called Hamilton) lined up offsides on a fourth and five field goal attempt. He didn’t even rush the kick, he just lined up offsides ala Dee Ford. That turned three into seven and sent the team in at the half down 21-6 instead of 17-6. This was Cheffers crew; crew of the Pittsburgh-KC playoff screw job on the Fisher mystery hold. If the league wanted Tommy Boy to win ring number seven, they certainly did their part to make it so.

4. The real reason we lost was our offensive patchwork line versus the Bucs full defensive front seven. We were missing our starting two tackles, both all pros, and the Canadian Doc from last year’s starting Super Bowl lineup. Plus our third round pick, a guard/tackle, sat out the year for Covid. We were starting our second string guard at one tackle, a re-tread guy at the blind side tackle, and another guy we picked up off the street at guard. Patrick is a magician, but even he has limitations. With one bad wheel and no real help up front, the results were sadly and painfully predictable.

3. Kelce and Hill both had reasonable games, but both dropped passes and failed to get into the end zone. We got bupkus on offense from Watkins, Robinson, Hardman and Pringle. Hill and Kelce drew all the attention, and getting virtually NOTHING from these four guys was a big reason for the offensive sputters. Hardman is especially disappointing. Next year I think Watkins and Robinson are gone. Hardman and Pringle are going to have to step up. On defense, Breeland had his worst game of the season. Matthieu was playing undisciplined and let Brady get into his kitchen. His one pick was overturned by penalty, and he let his jawing fest with Brady affect his play the rest of the game. Neimann and Dirty Dan let Gronk run wild. Thornhill did nothing. Ward did nothing but commit penalties. Frank Clark disappeared in the second half. Townsend had three crappy punts and averaged barely over 35 yards per punt. So it was a team effort: Abject failure in all three phases.

2. Most disappointing was how Andy and Spags were out coached. Tampa made better adjustments and were able to complete drives. Andy’s plays were decent until the Chiefs got to around midfield, then sputtered every time. Spags came out and had a couple stops early and a nice goal line stand in the first half, and that was it. Second half, couldn’t stop the run, couldn’t get to Brady and looked like they just mailed it in during the fourth quarter. I don’t know if Britt Reid’s stupidity had any bearing on Andy and his approach to the game. It would seem to reason it would be a major distraction. Then again, we were playing a team that had the benefit of playing us earlier in the season, and playing the Super Bowl in their home stadium in front of mostly their home fans. It was certainly not a neutral site game as every Super Bowl previous. Bottom line was, three’s don’t beat sevens, you can’t let Brady get comfortable, and you have to give Mahomes a fighting chance to throw the ball. We just got beat, pretty much like the Raiders beat us in Arrowhead this year. Hats off to the Bucs. They got to the game the hard way and earned this Championship.

1. So the good news I suppose is, we won’t pick last in the draft this year. We’ve been to the AFC Championship in Arrowhead three years in a row. Been to back to back Super Bowls; won one and lost one. If you could have seen the future in 2017 and said this would come to pass, I think every one of us would have said TO THE SHIP! The thing about football is, you get one shot. It’s all determined in one game. Not like baseball where it’s best of seven. It’s all on one game, winner take all. That’s what makes it so dramatic and exciting. Lose and you die. Win and you’re remembered in your home city forever. Great quarterbacks like Staubach, Horse Face, Favre, Wilson and yes, even Tommy Boy; they’ve all had the experience of winning and losing this game. Now Patrick is added to that roster, and hopefully he'll get back again and be able to use his experience from both sides of the coin as wisdom in a Super Bowl game yet to come. If we can get through 2021 with an offensive line in tact, I like our chances.

It’s been fun coming back for another Ten Things season. Although we didn’t win it all, we came as close as you can come. Thanks for allowing me to vent, and for sharing your football takes and good humor. We’re all going to have to feel bad for awhile. But afterwards, let’s start talking draft and get back to the drawing board. Have a healthy and happy off season, CP.

notorious
02-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Sorry GB.

They blew it.

Marco Polo
02-08-2021, 12:24 PM
In

What a terrible game but you summed it up quite well. Here's to next year.

jjjayb
02-08-2021, 12:26 PM
These are a lot more fun to read after a win. I do agree that 2 years ago I would have been ecstatic if you told me we'd play in two superbowls and win half of them.

displacedinMN
02-08-2021, 12:29 PM
The game is a game. It was crap

The shit in the house-well-it is yours. And I sympathize. I have been there. $5500 later, we had the line cleaned of roots, sleeved and paid for repaving part of the road. I hope it did not come to that.

Thank you for the honest, down to earth replay of the game and for doing this for another season. Hope for the best for you in the off season and that you can return to games next fall.

Now we just have to figure out what to do in the meantime.

Thanks again GB.

Old Dog
02-08-2021, 12:30 PM
Brilliant as always George...hope all is cleared up soon with the basement

58-4ever
02-08-2021, 12:34 PM
I've told you this, but your "10 things" are always better than any newspaper recap. We've got to address the O-Line in the draft and potentially FA.

We could certainly use another offensive weapon. Another TE or big WR target would be ideal.

On D, we should do everything we can to get defensive line depth and more DBs.

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 12:34 PM
One good plan would be to play better against teams with Pirates as mascots...

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 12:36 PM
Hardman single handedly chnaged the outcome of the game in the first quarter

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-08-2021, 12:36 PM
Sorry that it was a "shitty" day in more ways than one …

Thanks for the insight, hope to see you at a game next year!

Chris Meck
02-08-2021, 12:44 PM
yep.

displacedinMN
02-08-2021, 12:44 PM
and

#investigatecarlcheffers

seclark
02-08-2021, 12:45 PM
Keep on keeping on
Thanks George
sec

kc rush
02-08-2021, 12:50 PM
Thanks George.

Sorry about the extra mess you had to deal with.

Rasputin
02-08-2021, 12:54 PM
What bothers me is calling Tom Brady the goat when he's had the best offensive line his entire career so he never really gets pressured and thus his longevity he is a winner on winning teams but watching quarterback play Patrick Mahomes II is far Superior to anyone I've ever watched play the game. Even if he has a shitty game he looked to make the impossible possible with his throws but he wasn't able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit last night. I still consider Patrick Mahomes II the greatest quarterback to watch playing the game because of how he plays and his integrity to the game.

Thank you gBlowfish for doing your wright ups all year this one must have been difficult but they should fire everyone at the Star in sports columns and hire you.

Prison Bitch
02-08-2021, 01:02 PM
The final Bucs TD drive at the end of the first half was just Chiefs stupidity when Hamilton lined up offsides on a fourth and five field goal attempt. He didn’t even rush the kick, he just lined up offsides ala Dee Ford. That turned three into seven and sent the team in at the half down 21-6 instead of 17-6

Minor quibble - that was the 2nd TD.

Also we didn’t really “settle” for FG. That implies we had 4th and 2 chances, like from the 10. Our FG were long distance ones and on 4th and longs. We didn’t settle, they were forced onto us

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 01:06 PM
The final Bucs TD drive at the end of the first half was just Chiefs stupidity when Hamilton lined up offsides on a fourth and five field goal attempt. He didn’t even rush the kick, he just lined up offsides ala Dee Ford. That turned three into seven and sent the team in at the half down 21-6 instead of 17-6

Also we didn’t really “settle” for FG. That implies we had 4th and 2 chances, like from the 10. Our FG were long distance ones and on 4th and longs. We didn’t settle, they were forced onto us

It was called on Hamilton but it was actually Hardman who was offsides clearly. Hardman fucked us

UK_Chief
02-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Thanks for your efforts GB. Appreciated...

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Kevin Harlan with the Streaker Call:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/listen-to-legendary-play-by-play-man-kevin-harlans-call-on-super-bowl-streaker-pull-up-your-pants-take-off-the-bra-and-be-a-man/ar-BB1dtXLH?ocid=uxbndlbing

InChiefsHeaven
02-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Great read as always brutha. Have a great offseason.

Go Chiefs.
fuck

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 01:26 PM
Let’s get Robinson in KC!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Win, lose or draw... 15 is the truth!!!</p>&mdash; Allen Robinson II (@AllenRobinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/AllenRobinson/status/1358604000300589056?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LongSufferingToady
02-08-2021, 01:31 PM
Man, oh man, I'm so sorry about your water problems at home. Seems like that was some kind of omen... :(

BTW, have you been able to get a plumber out to your house?

luv
02-08-2021, 01:31 PM

Or, we don't take the timeout on 3rd and short. Let the clock run down and they don't even make it to FG range. Just an odd time for a TO. We would have gone into the locker room 14-6 instead of either 17-6 or 21-6. Not that it would have mattered much. Our offensive line has Mahomes scrambling for his life the entire game. Even a QB will get tired after running nearly 500 yards in trying to break free of defenders.

KChiefs1
02-08-2021, 01:32 PM
Great read George.

I think the refs played a huge part in the game. They basically broke the defense’s will in the 2nd quarter. Every time they did something (int, etc...) there was a flag on a mysterious call. Sure the Chiefs had legitimate penalties which cost them but during the critical 2nd quarter it broke them.

If Hill or Kelce had caught the passes that hit them in the hands or helmets, it would have changed things.

Football is a game of momentum.

You take away the bogus flags & missed catches...Chiefs win the game without a doubt. We all knew the refs could play a huge part in this game & they did. We also knew the OL could play a huge part in this game & they did.

If this were baseball or basketball...it would just be down one game in the series but this is football where one game is winner take all. That’s why it’s such a big deal. The Super Bowl will always be bigger than any other sporting event due to this.

MMXcalibur
02-08-2021, 01:33 PM
With the frequency we've been winning games, I've almost forgotten how it feels to process a loss, especially a playoff loss.

"Hello darkness, my old friend..."

This one particularly sucks because it's going to be a Herculean effort for Mahomes to top 7 Super Bowl victories (and Brady has the tiebreaker). Still, if you would have told me that we'd be 1-1 in back-to-back Super Bowl appearances after the 2018 AFC Championship Game: I'd have taken it 11 times out of 10.

Thanks for the write-ups, George. The future is bright! (for you and your pipes)

Bwana
02-08-2021, 01:37 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do this again this year George. I know it's a lot of work, but know it's greatly appreciated by a lot of us. Have a great off season and hopefully you will do it again next year.

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 01:39 PM
Man, oh man, I'm so sorry about your water problems at home. Seems like that was some kind of omen... :(

BTW, have you been able to get a plumber out to your house?

Yes. One of my best friends owns Morgan Miller plumbing. They're supposed to have somebody out today. Haven't heard a report yet. Hope its nothing super awful.

Hoover
02-08-2021, 01:40 PM
To the ship!

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 01:41 PM
Maybe we can get Josh Hawley to contest the score and play this game over again? Or maybe we can make a well placed phone call?

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 01:42 PM
With the frequency we've been winning games, I've almost forgotten how it feels to process a loss, especially a playoff loss.

"Hello darkness, my old friend..."

Just remember, depression is simply anger without enthusiasm.

Shiver Me Timbers
02-08-2021, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the write ups this year George. You nailed it again. I am a firm believer that Britt's actions/problems was a huge distraction for AR.
Sorry to hear about the pipes freezing.

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 02:19 PM
Just talked to Mrs. B. Plumber got to the house a little after 9am and had the drain cleared by 11am. Thank goodness. What a mess. At least I'll have all week now to put it all back together down in the bat cave. This morning was amazingly stressful.

displacedinMN
02-08-2021, 02:21 PM
Just talked to Mrs. B. Plumber got to the house a little after 9am and had the drain cleared by 11am. Thank goodness. What a mess. At least I'll have all week now to put it all back together down in the bat cave. This morning was amazingly stressful.

Very good. and hope there is nothing more.

Kman34
02-08-2021, 02:23 PM
Thanks for doing these this year Mr. Blowfish... Sounds like you had a worse day than most of us.. Prayers sent to your basement..

TinyEvel
02-08-2021, 02:25 PM
Even when you print 'em, you don't always win 'em.

On the bright side, Tom Brady has 3 times as many Super Bowl losses as Mahomes does. So there.

Great read George, thanks for your service this season, and good luck with the main drain.

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 02:32 PM
Question: Do you guys think both Schwartz and Fisher are toast? Schwartz back sounds like a career ender for sure. Jury is probably out on Fisher until we see how his surgery goes, and how the rehab comes along. His injury was just such a shame. He was locked up with a pass rusher, but didn't look much different than a thousand other plays. It just gave out on him. If he rehabs they might have to move him to the right side if he's lost a step.

Mecca
02-08-2021, 02:33 PM
Question: Do you guys think both Schwartz and Fisher are toast? Schwartz back sounds like a career ender for sure. Jury is probably out on Fisher until we see how his surgery goes, and how the rehab comes along. His injury was just such a shame. He was locked up with a pass rusher, but didn't look much different than a thousand other plays. It just gave out on him. If he rehabs they might have to move him to the right side if he's lost a step.

Schwartz isn't coming back, his brother acting like he was happy we lost is all I need to know there.

Iowanian
02-08-2021, 02:42 PM
The upside for me is that the league basically broke my give a damn this year....and I was t emotionally involved at all. It’s so weird.....for 20 years of bad football, I’d be in a mood for 2-3 days after a loss by a Tyler palko lead team......

I’m super glad I was able to enjoy and savor the win last year....but this year, I just didn’t care.

TwistedChief
02-08-2021, 02:50 PM
Sending you hugs, big guy. We'll get through this, sewage and all.

Zap Rowsdower
02-08-2021, 03:14 PM
We had the sewage backup over the weekend too. Do you know if you have tree roots in the sewage line? If you do, make sure you get sewer line coverage in your home insurance and get a water alarm so you know when it gets backed up again before the basement floods.

wheeler08
02-08-2021, 03:22 PM
Someone else that disappeared in this game was Snead

scho63
02-08-2021, 03:33 PM

I almost forgot he was on our team last night. :(

At least he didn't get a penalty

KChiefs1
02-08-2021, 03:45 PM

Gronk beat him on one of the TD’s.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-08-2021, 04:03 PM
Maybe we can get Josh Hawley to contest the score and play this game over again? Or maybe we can make a well placed phone call?

Come on George...Why bring this into your own thread...:cuss:

Marcellus
02-08-2021, 04:10 PM

Not really, Brady didnt do a hlll of a lot passing the ball except for a few plays and a bunch of penalties. Sneed for the most part did his job.

Good write up George. I chalk this up to you cant win them all and they picked a really bad day to have a completely bad game this season.

Injuries to the OL, penalties, receivers running bad routes and dropping passes etc...

Lots of things added up to the the Chiefs not playing like the Chiefs.

PHOG
02-08-2021, 04:59 PM
and

#investigatecarlcheffers

Exactly, seems every time he's on the field, we get screwed.

Sorry about the basement, but sounds like it has been remedied. Thanks for the write up, great as usual. Enjoy the offseason as much as possible. :thumb:

REDHOTGTO
02-08-2021, 05:48 PM
awesome job again this year man s always, thanks
good assessment of the game with just maybe a little more emphasis on the refs on special teams for tampa bay.
yes KC lost this game in bad fashion, but i cant help but think mahomes would have found a way to make a spark if given half a dam chance, but every time he started one it got shut down by the zebras.
hope ya come back and do it again next year and you're right 3 years ago we would have killed for these last two seasons, so all in all im satisfied.

Halfcan
02-08-2021, 06:32 PM
Awesome job!

Super Bowls used to be fun and exciting to watch-even the commercials were funny.

I felt like I was watching a 3-hour political propaganda show. It should have been about FOOTBALL instead of Social Justice and Covid being shoved down our throats non-stop. The commercials were more of the same. Halftime was ridiculously bad- a bunch of dudes running around with jocks on their head.

The NFL is not about true Sports any longer- it has an agenda on and off the field. The refs threw a new NFL record of flags at the Chiefs in the first half alone and then continued to let the Bucs play dirty. Even Boomer made a comment that the refs were "Too Involved" in the game, it was so blatant.

Mahomes is the face of the NFL and what they allowed to happen to him on the field was disgusting. Late hits, blows to his helmet, even let Suh twist him on the ground long after he was down. Luckily, he was not seriously injured.

The NFL once again showed that they operate under 2 sets of rules. 1 set for Brady and the other for anyone that plays him. The NFL raged on and on about "justice" and then put on one of the most biased, unsportsmanlike events in history. With gambling so tied to the NFL it makes you wonder what the true motives were to openly disrespect the sport.

Otter
02-08-2021, 06:37 PM
Brutal game. I never thought I'd turn off a Chiefs Super Bowl game but yesterday put an end that.

Mahomes running for his life
Dropped passes
Homefield advantage for the Bucs
The Brit Distraction
Our OL

Chiefs went into that game with a lot of baggage and it showed. Even Kelce dropped a few important passes.

Thank you for another year of Ten Things. I hope the basement situation gets solved with as little pain as possible. Unfortunately the basement situation was foreshadowing the Super Bowl to follow.

Until next season my good man. :toast:

Bugeater
02-08-2021, 06:37 PM
I never had a good feeling about this game...sooo many bad omens. But I've learned to never doubt Mahomes so I still watched most of it.

Anyway, appreciate you sticking out another year of the Top Tens, and wishing you and yours a healthy and prosperous offseason so we can look forward to more of them!

Dayze
02-08-2021, 06:49 PM
I turned off the game probably mid 3rd qtr; ...whenever TB went up and the score was like 31 - 9 . When it was 28-9 I thought a slim chance.

it was obvious the OL was going to be a major contributor to losing this game.
all 3 phases flat as a pancake.
a true ass kicking

gblowfish
02-08-2021, 06:50 PM
I'm back in my batcave basement studio. Put most of the flotsam away. Mrs B has an amazing amount of crap. If you marry an art teacher and a theater person, be prepared to have your house fill up with every kind of stuff imaginable. Mopped everything out with hot water and bleach, so now my basement smells like a high school locker room. But I'm glad the drains work again. I must admit I was pretty stressed out when I went to bed last night. Should sleep a lot better tonight. Oh, the joys of home ownership!

eDave
02-08-2021, 07:56 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Lr8Twm3/Streeker.jpg

Pointer19
02-08-2021, 08:17 PM
In for the posterity. Gotta come back strong next year.

vonBobo
02-08-2021, 08:23 PM
The team was a wreck... I wonder if practice wasn't going well for the offense and undermined the confidence of the team?

cabletech94
02-08-2021, 10:14 PM
thanks blowfish
i think patrick stews on this loss all offseason and comes back on fire!! now to hope that we get some offensive line help. we must protect the franchise.

hope you sleep well, sweet prince!! can't wait for next season's 10 things!!

Why Not?
02-08-2021, 10:31 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Lr8Twm3/Streeker.jpg

If true, this guy is a fucking genius.

Buehler445
02-08-2021, 11:04 PM
Good read George. Sorry for your shit infested Sunday. I hate plumbing so fucking much.

So I haven't really posted this anywhere else, but winning the Super Bowl last year changed my life. Not in the saved my life kind of way, but really, this is the best I've ever taken a playoff loss. Let's be real here; we were favored, I hate Tom Brady (at least the media creation thereof), I absolutely fucking HATE getting screwed by the refs - nothing infuriates me more in fact (Even though we were losing that one with fair officiating), and IT WAS THE SUPER BOWL. And I'm over it.

Even Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edward's playoff collapse which was expected, sucked more than this.

Mahomes won the damned Super Bowl and it changed my life.

But seriously fuck the refs, conspiracy or not, fuck the refs.

All the best George.

Al Czervik
02-08-2021, 11:05 PM
Great read GB.....

Glad to hear the pipes are working!!!!

J Diddy
02-08-2021, 11:31 PM
George. Your pipes suck.

#cancelGeorgesPipes

GloryDayz
02-08-2021, 11:42 PM
OLs don't really much matter if you have a $.5B mobile QB.. Evidently they are a waste of money! I read that on CP...

J Diddy
02-08-2021, 11:43 PM
OLs don't really much matter if you have a $.5B mobile QB.. Evidently they are a waste of money! I read that on CP...

I believe they matter less. That being said when you take your 3 step drop and the left DE is 4 steps in the backfield, they matter some.

GloryDayz
02-09-2021, 12:10 AM
I believe they matter less. That being said when you take your 3 step drop and the left DE is 4 steps in the backfield, they matter some.Oh well, I guess they'll have to steal some coin from the D side of the ball to pay for some folks willing to play.

J Diddy
02-09-2021, 12:12 AM
Oh well, I guess they'll have to steal some coin from the D side of the ball to pay for some folks willing to play.

Frank Clark's $18 million salary is a good place to start.

PunkinDrublic
02-09-2021, 01:54 AM
Andy Reid wasn’t outcoached, he panicked a little before the half but it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that if you have an all-star monster D-line unit playing against a patchwork line you can drop guys back and make things more difficult. If Pat had consistent time in the pocket he would’ve gotten into rhythm and shredded that secondary. Bruce Arians walked into a Barry Switzer situation to where a ready made super team was waiting for him.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-09-2021, 07:22 AM
Frank Clark's $18 million salary is a good place to start.

Doesn't work that way...:rolleyes:

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-09-2021, 07:23 AM
Andy Reid wasn’t outcoached, he panicked a little before the half but it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that if you have an all-star monster D-line unit playing against a patchwork line you can drop guys back and make things more difficult. If Pat had consistent time in the pocket he would’ve gotten into rhythm and shredded that secondary. Bruce Arians walked into a Barry Switzer situation to where a ready made super team was waiting for him.

and if they would have called def. holding and illegal contact evenly it would have made a difference with that makeshift line.

MahomesMagic
02-09-2021, 08:12 AM
and if they would have called def. holding and illegal contact evenly it would have made a difference with that makeshift line.

Good point.

You have the OL collapsing and you also had the Mecoles, Pringle types getting held and they couldn't fight through it to present Mahomes a target fast enough.

The weapons not quickly opening is not talked about but just as important to why things went down the way they did.

Tampa played us the same way Buffalo did except they paid more attention to Tyreek and had Lavonte David>>>>>>>>Tremaine Edmunds working on Kelce.

scho63
02-09-2021, 09:02 AM
If true, this guy is a fucking genius.

Would be interesting if the casino refuses to pay as it was "rigged". :hmmm:

I'm sure the casino may have some hesitation to pay.

Chiefnj2
02-09-2021, 09:56 AM
The Chiefs needed Marcus Peters on Sunday. It would have been great to see him pick up a PI flag and toss it in the stands.

Dbag
02-09-2021, 09:57 AM
What bothers me is calling Tom Brady the goat when he's had the best offensive line his entire career so he never really gets pressured and thus his longevity he is a winner on winning teams but watching quarterback play Patrick Mahomes II is far Superior to anyone I've ever watched play the game. Even if he has a shitty game he looked to make the impossible possible with his throws but he wasn't able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit last night. I still consider Patrick Mahomes II the greatest quarterback to watch playing the game because of how he plays and his integrity to the game.

Thank you gBlowfish for doing your wright ups all year this one must have been difficult but they should fire everyone at the Star in sports columns and hire you.

Don’t let your jealousy show. Brady is goat, just that simple. Mahomes is a very good, young qb. Nothing more.

Dbag
02-09-2021, 09:58 AM
The OP is the first reasonable KC fan I’ve seen on this board. Congratulations sir!

ptlyon
02-09-2021, 10:09 AM
It would've been nice to have SB's of IV, LIV, and LV.

But IV, LIV, and LVI have a nice ring to it too.

GloryDayz
02-09-2021, 02:59 PM
I'm shocked we're still discussing this. Brady, officials, holding, bla-bla-bla; the only tragedy that matters is our OL.

Looking at the silver lining in this, the players at least all get the loser's paycheck for having attended the game in a player capacity. Maybe they should be the #11 thing!

mnchiefsguy
02-09-2021, 08:03 PM
Thanks George! Looking forward to next season!

TEX
02-09-2021, 08:33 PM
The OP is the first reasonable KC fan I’ve seen on this board. Congratulations sir!

Fuck off Dipshit.

Halfcan
02-09-2021, 11:32 PM
Even casual fans are talking about how the SB was rigged this year.

This was a very bad look for the NFL. The fix was in.

Graystoke
02-10-2021, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the great write up George.
When you wake up to shit in your basement usually your day isn't going to get better.
I had that same sinking feeling on Super Bowl Sunday. I spent all day Saturday and Sunday morning assisting a friend who's house burnt completely to the ground.
It all just started off wrong and I could tell Sunday wasn't going to end well.
Appreciate all Ten Things this year. Well done.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the write up. Love you man.

GloryDayz
02-10-2021, 08:26 PM
The OL was seated in the rear of the aircraft.

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/148309064_3532463243548732_2112117639310569632_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=BvZNNqPR0vkAX-J354P&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&oh=00423cbab00826c9edb598795b735212&oe=60494F56

CoMoChief
02-10-2021, 09:36 PM
They said on the radio Mahomes ran for 500yds just scrambling away from the rush.

That's all you need to know.

Offense always starts up front. If the OL is getting dominated (and they were), then you pretty much can't do anything else timing wise in the passing game.

GloryDayz
02-10-2021, 10:00 PM
They said on the radio Mahomes ran for 500yds just scrambling away from the rush.

That's all you need to know.

Offense always starts up front. If the OL is getting dominated (and they were), then you pretty much can't do anything else timing wise in the passing game.

You should join CP and read what some people say... They say that an OL doesn't really matter with a mobile QB, one who runs out of the pocket anyway, like PMII...

:hmmm:

LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
02-11-2021, 11:02 AM
That game was more embarrassing than losing to the Raiders. A complete definition of any given Sunday. Losing to that team is embarrassing as fuck. Chiefs will be back..they won't.

nicksdad
02-11-2021, 11:10 AM
felt to me like the coaches thought that just like in last year's SB , we would figure it out and break through on offense we didn't do much against SF until the end ,but it was enough . felt like they didn't make a ton of adjustments for that reason. unfortunately the quarterback on the other sideline wasn't Janine Garopolo this year.

KChiefs1
02-11-2021, 02:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mk1VpDodBOk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>