PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Controversial penalties in first half of Super Bowl crush Chiefs

petegz28
02-08-2021, 03:33 PM
Cause we need another Refs Suck thread...

Controversial penalties in first half of Super Bowl crush Chiefs

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/controversial-penalties-in-first-half-of-super-bowl-crush-chiefs/ar-BB1dtN3z?fbclid=IwAR3Bgb54tJDQiyeY96IAmLU10unCFhy-b_8MzyoFxdEjlA7vBqOcP8PCXl0

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Neither defensive hold called on KC comes close to the standard we saw the entire season for that call all season and certainly not what we saw in TB/GB.</p>&mdash; Terry McAulay (@SNFRules) <a href="https://twitter.com/SNFRules/status/1358577773279924225?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yooo.. okay now these flags getting ridiculous ��<br><br>KC has no chance if the refs keep this up. I think some of these very very questionable too</p>&mdash; Jalen Ramsey (@jalenramsey) <a href="https://twitter.com/jalenramsey/status/1358584614755864578?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">These are all penalties. The thing is they haven’t been called on anyone the whole playoffs.</p>&mdash; Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) <a href="https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1358584428335890433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MIKE EVANS IS FLOPPING <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SuperBowlLV?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SuperBowlLV</a> <a href="https://t.co/qrzO5NPwUp">pic.twitter.com/qrzO5NPwUp</a></p>&mdash; Slightly Biased (@BiasedSlightly) <a href="https://twitter.com/BiasedSlightly/status/1358583890278023175?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;pass interference&quot; <a href="https://t.co/oDNSZhcCU1">pic.twitter.com/oDNSZhcCU1</a></p>&mdash; Burgers and Blitzes (@NotToBeTrite) <a href="https://twitter.com/NotToBeTrite/status/1358584877185191943?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/147730934_10208384936858204_8539771433473377450_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=uE9vOh4YOl0AX-gjj_B&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=5de4cb0cd5d1439efe4301dc2620f91e&oe=6047916C

KChiefs1
02-08-2021, 03:41 PM
2nd quarter penalties broke the Chiefs will on defense.

staylor26
02-08-2021, 03:43 PM
Wait, is that really true about that fucking cunt?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 03:43 PM
Honestly I thought Sara Thomas was the best Ref out there. She didn’t throw one flag and she made the spot for the goal line stand and gave us a very good spot on a Mahomes run

petegz28
02-08-2021, 03:44 PM
Wait, is that really true about that ****ing ****?

I have no idea....but it sounds good

Mecca
02-08-2021, 03:46 PM
Wait, is that really true about that fucking cunt?

What?

ChiTown
Well, it was pretty obvious that the REFS were targeting the Chiefs D. I just wish that was the only reason that they lost this game - clearly it wasn't.

KCUnited
She's also got a daughter named after Champ Bailey, bitch

Chiefspants
Honestly I thought Sara Thomas was the best Ref out there. She didn’t throw one flag and she made the spot for the goal line stand and gave us a very good spot on a Mahomes run

Yeah unless people can point where she threw a single one of these flags that one seems unnecessary. If she called the goal line stand a TD it likely doesn’t get overturned.

ChiTown
Wait, is that really true about that ****ing ****?

I heard that last night as well, but haven't seen anything to verify it.

staylor26
02-08-2021, 03:47 PM
What?

That she named her son “Brady” after her “favorite QB”.

A quick google search did confirm she does have a son named Brady.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-08-2021, 03:47 PM
Bradyhate grows

Mecca
02-08-2021, 03:48 PM
I heard that last night as well, but haven't seen anything to verify it.

About her kid being named after Brady? It's true I looked it up.

Bearcat
02-08-2021, 03:48 PM
I don't think Evans flopped... I had to watch it in slow-mo last night, but he first trips over himself and then I think his left leg gets caught under Breeland.

Probably not catchable (which obviously didn't matter at all last night) and Rain Man posted the actual rule that mentions an exception for incidental contact.

Sadly, perhaps only the 4th or 5th worse call of the night.

KCUnited
02-08-2021, 03:49 PM
Who's this Bridley mofo she named her other kid after?

ChiTown
02-08-2021, 03:50 PM

Hmm, that's interesting, but I'm guessing a lot of NBA Refs named their kids Michael after MJ back in the day as well:D

Mecca
02-08-2021, 03:50 PM
The ref wasn't even looking at the Evans play...he turned to run looked back saw them both on the ground and flagged it.

petegz28
02-08-2021, 03:51 PM
I don't think Evans flopped... I had to watch it in slow-mo last night, but he first trips over himself and then I think his left leg gets caught under Breeland.

Probably not catchable (which obviously didn't matter at all last night) and Rain Man posted the actual rule that mentions an exception for incidental contact.

Sadly, perhaps only the 4th or 5th worse call of the night.

The Evans PI, the HB PI and the Ward Hold were all calls that literally kept TB in the game early. Oh and the Jones call.

All 3 of their first 3 scores all came on the backs of the Refs.

Mecca
02-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Hmm, that's interesting, but I'm guessing a lot of NBA Refs named their kids Michael after MJ back in the day as well:D

The worst part is, she's a crappy ref she literally got the game for social justice.

staylor26
02-08-2021, 03:53 PM
The ref wasn't even looking at the Evans play...he turned to run looked back saw them both on the ground and flagged it.

Yup.

I told my mom the same thing. There’s no way he could’ve saw the little bit of contact when Breeland was falling down, because he was running when it happened.

He 100% assumed it was PI.

petegz28
02-08-2021, 03:55 PM
Yup.

I told my mom the same thing. There’s no way he could’ve saw the little bit of contact when Breeland was falling down, because he was running when it happened.

He 100% assumed it was PI.

Worst case is they just let it go. Didn't even talk about it. Terrible crew.

Bearcat
02-08-2021, 04:01 PM
The Evans PI, the HB PI and the Ward Hold were all calls that literally kept TB in the game early. Oh and the Jones call.

The Jones thing was one where you just have to tell your players to knock it the fuck off, because that's exactly the type of bullshit TB wants to benefit from... at least it's relatively fixable as opposed to tapping a defender on a turn and getting tagged for holding or a DPI when the ball is more likely to be caught by a fucking cardboard cutout in the first row than anyone on the field. :cuss:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 04:03 PM
The worst part is, she's a crappy ref she literally got the game for social justice.

Nah she’s actually pretty good

redfan
02-08-2021, 04:05 PM
Absolutely killed any momentum, just too much to overcome.

Toad
02-08-2021, 04:07 PM
The hope would be that the league looks hard at fixing the PI review going forward. The 3 PI calls against the Chiefs were absolutely incorrect.

Red Dawg
02-08-2021, 04:08 PM
That fucking cunt rigged the game.

Joe
02-08-2021, 04:09 PM

For the record, and the fact that no one wants to admit is, what kept Tampa Bay in the game was the cold hard fact that the Chiefs sucked last night and laid an egg during the prime time superbowl.

9 Points is going to win in the superbowl, really?

Chiefs had a bad night, not the time to had one. The reality is the Chiefs made it to the superbowl over how many other teams?

These are all professional athletes who put in more more than most people who work 8-5 jobs. We as spectators think it's easy to get just 5 yards on any play, they should run a camp where people can put on pads to "pay to play" agasint pros and see how anyone one of us could do.

It was a bad night. It sucks to look towards next season, but that's where all chiefs fans are at right now. The reality is the chiefs have a good football team, good coaching and good ownership. I have no doubt that they will keep the ball rolling and look forward to next season.

GloucesterChief
02-08-2021, 04:10 PM
The hope would be that the league looks hard at fixing the PI review going forward. The 3 PI calls against the Chiefs were absolutely incorrect.

They tried to have PI review last season. Problem was the refs refused to overturn any call even if it was blatantly a missed call. I think only 1 got overturned the whole year.

Joe
02-08-2021, 04:10 PM

I watched the game on TV. I won't disagree with you on the PI calls. But does that change the fact that the chiefs only put up 9 points on the board?

If the chiefs would of made it a close game...

Rain Man
02-08-2021, 04:12 PM

Sarah: "Brady, you'll never guess what I'm giving you for your birthday."

Marcellus
02-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Man that call on Breeland and especially the one on HB are just :facepalm:

staylor26
02-08-2021, 04:15 PM
Man that call on Breeland and especially the one on HB are just :facepalm:

The crazy thing is the one on Ward that nullified the Mathieu INT was the worst one.

jd1020
02-08-2021, 04:15 PM
The Jones thing was one where you just have to tell your players to knock it the fuck off, because that's exactly the type of bullshit TB wants to benefit from... at least it's relatively fixable as opposed to tapping a defender on a turn and getting tagged for holding or a DPI when the ball is more likely to be caught by a fucking cardboard cutout in the first row than anyone on the field. :cuss:

I dont really care about those kind of calls if they call it both ways.

One team doesn't even get a warning. They just get a flag.

The other team does it on different occassions and it's, "Hey, hey, hey! Knock it off guys."

Then Brady runs after Mathieu and gets in his face and Mathieu is the one that gets flagged?

That was some of the most suspicious refereeing I have ever seen. Even in the second half, the Chiefs are going through a play, Mahomes starts scrambling up the middle and all of a sudden you see a flag come flying in the air and whistles are being blown like 5 seconds after the play started.... "False start!"

Rain Man
02-08-2021, 04:19 PM
I watched the game on TV. I won't disagree with you on the PI calls. But does that change the fact that the chiefs only put up 9 points on the board?

It does change it because it disrupted the flow and course of the game. The Chiefs were down by three scores due to those penalties and that changed how they approached the second half.

And I understand errors. The Breeland thing clearly shouldn't have been a penalty, but I completely understand how a ref in real time could conclude on the fly that it was. Heck, I assumed on first glance that it was a penalty.

But the Matthieu penalty? Come on. You call that, and then you don't call a defender tackling Pringle in the end zone later? I can live with poor officiating as long as it's consistent. It wasn't consistent at all yesterday.

And now we at least know why Tom Brady gets those neutral zone calls on Sarah Thomas' side of the line of scrimmage. Happy Birthday, Brady Thomas.

Bob Dole
02-08-2021, 04:20 PM
Absolutely killed any momentum, just too much to overcome.

It was so lopsided, I went to bed during the red blazer mummies.

PHOG
02-08-2021, 04:21 PM

Um, sure....if you have your head stuck somewhere. It absolutely affected the game.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-08-2021, 04:22 PM

**** yes it changes the game. It's potentially 7-6 at halftime instead of 21-6 and the Chiefs can afford to run the ball more in the 2nd half... and you didn't see similar DPI or holding on the Bucs, which would have changed our success rate as well.
rolleyes:

ModSocks
02-08-2021, 04:27 PM
The crazy thing is the one on Ward that nullified the Mathieu INT was the worst one.

They were all fucking horrible. The one on Ward wasn't even near the play, bunch of bullshit.

GloucesterChief
02-08-2021, 04:30 PM
They were all ****ing horrible. The one on Ward wasn't even near the play, bunch of bullshit.

It wasn't even holding. Ward didn't have his hand on the WRs hip, no grabbing or yanking, until after the ball was tipped and that would be perfectly legal contact.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 04:33 PM

Good thing is she didn’t make any three of those calls

staylor26
02-08-2021, 04:34 PM
They were all fucking horrible. The one on Ward wasn't even near the play, bunch of bullshit.

Yea I don’t understand how you call that with little to no contact and no impact on the play whatsoever.

It was painfully obvious at that point that the officiating was one sided.

Does anybody seriously think there’s any way we get that call last night if the roles were reversed?

staylor26
02-08-2021, 04:34 PM

I didn’t say she did dumbass.

Shiver Me Timbers
02-08-2021, 04:37 PM
Yea I don’t understand how you call that with little to no contact and no impact on the play whatsoever.

It was painfully obvious at that point that the officiating was one sided.

Does anybody seriously think there’s any way we get that call last night if the roles were reversed?

The roles were reversed several times and there were no calls against TB.

KCUnited
02-08-2021, 04:38 PM
Sarah Thomas
Sarah Tom Ass
Stare At Tom's Ass

Coincidence? I think not!

Shiver Me Timbers
02-08-2021, 04:38 PM
Sarah Thomas
Sarah Tom Ass
Stare At Tom's Ass

Coincidence? I think not!

What he said^

staylor26
02-08-2021, 04:40 PM
The roles were reversed several times and there were no calls against TB.

Oh I know. I’m just saying if we had a lead on TB early in the game and Mahomes threw a similar pick there’s absolutely no chance they call a phantom holding penalty completely away from the play.

Rain Man
02-08-2021, 04:43 PM

Who did make the calls?

She made the neutral zone call just like she did with Dee Ford.

I thought it was possible that she called the Breeland one given the location, but it could've been the field judge or back judge as more likely culprits.

I'm curious if the same official was calling all of the pass interference penalties against us, and if that official was on the field when Tampa was on defense. Y'know, because I never saw an official involved when they were on defense.

ClevelandBronco
02-08-2021, 04:47 PM
Okay. Fine. Play the damned thing again.

DJJasonp
02-08-2021, 04:51 PM
At least in Baseball, if an umpire has a small or large strike zone, it's usually that way for both teams, throughout the game.

An even playing field would have been really nice last night. Doesnt mean we would have won, but it might have made for a much more entertaining game.

And as many others have pointed out, it's the exact opposite way ref teams were calling all of the previous playoff games this season.

Joe
02-08-2021, 04:58 PM
**** yes it changes the game. It's potentially 7-6 at halftime instead of 21-6 and the Chiefs can afford to run the ball more in the 2nd half... and you didn't see similar DPI or holding on the Bucs, which would have changed our success rate as well.
rolleyes:

At the end of the day, everyone here thought that the Chiefs would roll over Tampa Bay (I did as well).

Football is 4 quarters. The reality is from start to finish, the bucs dominated the Chiefs on the bucs defense and the Chiefs coudn't get anything going.

On any given Sunday, one football team can beat the other.

For everyone who thinks the refs robbed the Chiefs of this years superbowls, get in line because there is a long list of fans from other teams in the past who feel the same way.

New Orleans got robbed in the past in the playoffs, that's a fact. The Chiefs didn't for this superbowl, they lost the game.

You're defense better be pretty darn good if you only score 9 points in a football game.

LiveSteam
02-08-2021, 05:00 PM
SJWs are making hey about a white quarterback just beat a black quarterback during Black History Month.

PHOG
02-08-2021, 05:02 PM
Well, the refs sure did their part, thanks Cheffers.

And yes, we wouldn't have won last year either with this OL.

Joe
02-08-2021, 05:02 PM
SJWs are making hey about a white quarterback just beat a black quarterback during Black History Month.

Who is the white QB and who is the black QB?

Bearcat
02-08-2021, 07:09 PM
That was some of the most suspicious refereeing I have ever seen. Even in the second half, the Chiefs are going through a play, Mahomes starts scrambling up the middle and all of a sudden you see a flag come flying in the air and whistles are being blown like 5 seconds after the play started.... "False start!"

Yeah, the problem I've always had with conspiracy stuff is it's always in hindsight, it's always incredibly easy to fit the round 'what just happened' peg into the conspiracy hole, and it's generally just one bad call.

But yeah, when it's such a long string of penalties where the only possible defense is the refs don't know the rules of the game? And other calls are far beyond the tick-tackiest calls you'll ever see... then you start questioning every other call because so many have been so terrible.

There are ALWAYS going to be a few borderline, subjective, or just an outright bad calls in a game that fans can point to.... and this wasn't that.

Why Not?
02-08-2021, 07:21 PM
For the record, and the fact that no one wants to admit is, what kept Tampa Bay in the game was the cold hard fact that the Chiefs sucked last night and laid an egg during the prime time superbowl.

9 Points is going to win in the superbowl, really?

This is grandstanding at it's best. The majority of posts throughout this board admit that the Chiefs and specifically their abomination of an offensive line, sucked last night. I've posted it multiple times myself. But to not admit the game was slanted to favor Tampa Bay is blind ignorance at best and willful delusion at worst.

Bearcat
02-08-2021, 07:39 PM
This is grandstanding at it's best. The majority of posts throughout this board admit that the Chiefs and specifically their abomination of an offensive line, sucked last night. I've posted it multiple times myself. But to not admit the game was slanted to favor Tampa Bay is blind ignorance at best and willful delusion at worst.

I've seen it time and time again when people react to things that don't actually exist, because that 'thing' has existed so many times before. And this is often paired with a binary 'this or that' and never 'both'.

For example, someone in a thread telling people to calm down.... and you read the last 20+ posts and no one is panicking. They just expect people to be panicking.

And in this case, there have always and will always be someone complaining about the refs, so the binary response is "no one is admitting the Chiefs just sucked" .....even if everyone is admitting the Chiefs also sucked.

And just because the boy cried wolf 10 times, doesn't mean there wasn't an actual fucking wolf the 11th time.

And it's of course not just one or the other... the Chiefs can suck AND penalties can be terribly, terribly one sided, and both things can contribute to the loss... whether it was 75% Chiefs sucking or the other way around or something in between.

Pointer19
02-08-2021, 08:14 PM

Overturn one of the three and they'll just throw four.

petegz28
02-08-2021, 08:20 PM
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/147955320_10221474465025777_1036243858150443536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Mf0T0u73m1wAX9OAagg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=057fadc5bcfe0ad9baf80b68cb5e95d8&oe=6047179D

petegz28
02-08-2021, 08:21 PM
And explain to me how Brady chases down HB and gets in his face and HB gets the flag?

Why Not?
02-08-2021, 08:52 PM
I've seen it time and time again when people react to things that don't actually exist, because that 'thing' has existed so many times before. And this is often paired with a binary 'this or that' and never 'both'.

For example, someone in a thread telling people to calm down.... and you read the last 20+ posts and no one is panicking. They just expect people to be panicking.

And in this case, there have always and will always be someone complaining about the refs, so the binary response is "no one is admitting the Chiefs just sucked" .....even if everyone is admitting the Chiefs also sucked.

And just because the boy cried wolf 10 times, doesn't mean there wasn't an actual ****ing wolf the 11th time.

And it's of course not just one or the other... the Chiefs can suck AND penalties can be terribly, terribly one sided, and both things can contribute to the loss... whether it was 75% Chiefs sucking or the other way around or something in between.

100%

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-08-2021, 08:56 PM
At the end of the day, everyone here thought that the Chiefs would roll over Tampa Bay (I did as well).

Football is 4 quarters. The reality is from start to finish, the bucs dominated the Chiefs on the bucs defense and the Chiefs coudn't get anything going.

For everyone who thinks the refs robbed the Chiefs of this years superbowls, get in line because there is a long list of fans from other teams in the past who feel the same way.

New Orleans got robbed in the past in the playoffs, that's a fact. The Chiefs didn't for this superbowl, they lost the game.

You're defense better be pretty darn good if you only score 9 points in a football game.

This is just naive... I rewatched the first half today and if the officials were going to call it tighter on dbacks in this game than the others in the playoffs, then they needed to do it for both teams. I encourage you to watch the all 22 and focus on the holding and illegal contact on Chiefs receivers, it went uncalled. This coupled with a banged up offensive line gave us little chance. It's not that hard.

Bearcat
02-08-2021, 09:06 PM
And explain to me how Brady chases down HB and gets in his face and HB gets the flag?

Apparently Brady texted (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30861899/source-tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-tom-brady-apologized-kansas-city-chiefs-safety-tyrann-mathieu-text-message) him after the game and apologized.

So, he says really shitty things and Mathieu has 'never seen that side of Brady' and we're supposed to believe it was emotions running over in his 43rd SB in 60 seasons (or whatever, might be rounding up).... as opposed to doing whatever he can to draw penalties. :shrug:

Bearcat
02-08-2021, 09:07 PM
This is just naive... I rewatched the first half today and if the officials were going to call it tighter on dbacks in this game than the others in the playoffs, then they needed to do it for both teams. I encourage you to watch the all 22 and focus on the holding and illegal contact on Chiefs receivers, it went uncalled. This coupled with a banged up offensive line gave us little chance. It's not that hard.

I'm curious on that end of it and what was missed on TV.... at the same time, I don't even want to fucking know. And that could very well be some of the throws into coverage, and Mahomes seeing that bullshit and trying to get the flags. :shrug:

lcarus
02-08-2021, 09:11 PM
Well, the refs sure did their part, thanks Cheffers.

And yes, we wouldn't have won last year either with this OL.

I'm imagining that 49ers d-line against last night's o-line. It's not good.....

Chiefshrink
02-08-2021, 09:24 PM
Apparently this reffing crew threw more flags than any other crew collectively this past year.:hmmm:

petegz28
02-08-2021, 09:44 PM
Apparently Brady texted (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30861899/source-tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-tom-brady-apologized-kansas-city-chiefs-safety-tyrann-mathieu-text-message) him after the game and apologized.

So, he says really shitty things and Mathieu has 'never seen that side of Brady' and we're supposed to believe it was emotions running over in his 43rd SB in 60 seasons (or whatever, might be rounding up).... as opposed to doing whatever he can to draw penalties. :shrug:

Yeah but Brady chased him down. How in the fuck does he not get flagged for that? I mean come on!

Megatron96
02-09-2021, 12:19 AM

Yeah, they better be. And somehow playing that tight defense TB only drew one flag all game . . . both teams play tight, sticky defense, but one draws 7 flags for holding/PI, and the other draws just one. Makes perfect sense, amirite? :thumb: Especially when two of the flags keep drives alive and result in TDs, giving TB a double digit lead, which otherwise would've resulted in just a single score lead.

You got anymore nonsense to float, donkey?

PunkinDrublic
02-09-2021, 09:38 AM
What sucks is nothing will change. Cheffers crew will continue to get the top games and pull the same shit. Ask Bills or Jets fans about Brady’s special treatment he’s gotten over the decades.

arrwheader
02-09-2021, 10:31 AM
The refs made this game tougher and they didn't call it fair. I am pissed about that. I'm upset that there is 0 consistency in NFL officiating and they could fix this they just don't do it and you have to ask the question of why that is. I think you are naive if you think they don't purposely keep things vague to tilt games a certain way for whatever reason. There is just no logical excuse for why they don't simplify the rules and call things consistent. It's built that way to influence a narrative and the opposing team is going to have to overcome it to win. Sometimes they do, probably most of the time they don't.

That being said, we didn't score a touchdown so we lost this. We couldn't overcome the line issues and Andy and co had a shit game plan I mean as flat as it comes. They apparently weren't prepared at all and had no answer for anything. I am not sure how much the Britt situation effected everything but, wow I am still miffed as to why we looked like a a confused unprepared bunch of idiots out there.

The whole season the theme was run it back, Kelce admitted they were just trying to stay motivated until they got to the playoffs because that is what its all been about. Then you get to the big one and look like that? Makes no sense to me.

What is disgusting about this whole thing to me is that they won't change anything, I was glad to see them discuss the refs a bit the next day but that won't matter. They will make 0 adjustments to any rules and everyone will come back next year ready to get the next round of sketchy inconsistent calls.

Also makes it tougher to swallow that Brady has another SB and got a bunch more first to ever do it probably only to ever do it. I just really believe that guy has some black magic or something going on. at the beginning of the season i thought. No way that works. Guy goes to another team, first year all bought talent. First team to host a SB as "home team", first qb to win both NFC and AFC SB, etc. etc. Then it happens LOL I mean it just feels like the guy really sold his soul to the devil. I just don't understand how one person can get that lucky in a team sport like football.