PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smiths thoughts on Patrick Mahomes

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2021, 09:32 PM
Interesting stat revealed .....PMII ran for 497 yards

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LE607YmZDms" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperBowl4
02-08-2021, 09:43 PM
Most yards rushing by a QB in Super Bowl history! :clap:

New World Order
02-08-2021, 09:43 PM
I like what Alex had to say

MahomesMagic
02-08-2021, 09:46 PM
Alex brought up the oline and the decreased mobility from the toe injury.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 09:48 PM
Pretty much spot on!! Alex come be our OC because apparently Reid and EB don’t know what running the ball is

kcxiv
02-08-2021, 09:51 PM
i would hope Alex would coach when he does. I think he would be a damned good coach! He's one of them, had some talent, but is not elite and seems like everyone loves him.

RealSNR
02-08-2021, 09:54 PM
Alex isn't a fucking coach, you morons.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 09:54 PM
i would hope Alex would coach when he does. I think he would be a damned good coach! He's one of them, had some talent, but is not elite and seems like everyone loves him.

EB can kick rocks after that performance. Reid you have one more year.

Rasputin
02-08-2021, 09:56 PM
Pretty much spot on!! Alex come be our OC because apparently Reid and EB don’t know what running the ball is

Nobody wants Captain Checkdown to be our OC.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-08-2021, 09:59 PM

At least he would know how to run the ball and complete short passes which would’ve helped yesterday instead of whatever clusterfuck game plan this was to literally throw it deep every time

RealSNR
02-08-2021, 10:00 PM
At least he would know how to run the ball and complete short passes which would’ve helped yesterday instead of whatever clusterfuck game plan this was to literally throw it deep every time

You're retarded

-King-
02-08-2021, 10:29 PM

This has never made any sense. If how a player played had anything to do with how they coached, every good coach would have been a hall of fame player.

jerryaldini
02-08-2021, 10:57 PM
So Alex is confirming what all us amateurs were saying last night. Why was the game plan to try to push the downfield throws? We needed the game plan from the first Buffalo game that featured CEH and Mahomes taking underneath throws with long drives. I'll never wrap my head around it. Felt like some stuborness or trying to live up to the hype.

kcxiv
02-08-2021, 10:58 PM
Alex isn't a fucking coach, you morons.

Well no shit he's not a coach right now. He probably could be in the future. why couldnt he be you m moron? lol just using your words.

RealSNR
02-08-2021, 11:48 PM
Well no shit he's not a coach right now. He probably could be in the future. why couldnt he be you m moron? lol just using your words.

Because I'll bet the last thing he'll say before he retires will be, "You know what? This football player career of mine was great, but you know what it really could have used? Twice the hours in the office at a small percentage of my starting QB salary. I think I'll go into coaching!"

Coaching is bitch work. You don't just waltz onto the practice field with a clipboard and a thermos of coffee and go, "Nah nah you're doing it wrong. Here's what you should be doing."

You and penbrook seem to be impressed by what he had to say on camera. You know who also says great shit on camera? Tony Romo. You know what Tony Romo doesn't do? Coaching. Why? Because fuck that, that's why.

Name the last prolific NFL starting QB to go into coaching. Notice I said prolific. As in, 5 or more years with one team as their starting QB. Jim Harbaugh? I don't think he counts. Byron Leftwich, I guess? If you want the really high standard, you probably have to go all the way back to Bart Starr.

Anyway... after the hell Alex has been through in the past two years, and after all the trades and the misery and disappointment he's put up with in his NFL career, you really think he's going to retire from the game as a player and then tell his family to go fuck themselves when he doesn't even need the fucking money? Hell, he didn't see his family during his playing career? Try a fucking coaching career.

That's why he's not a coach, why he won't go into coaching, and why you're an idiot for thinking some shit he said on TV means he can and should go into coaching.

Nickhead
02-09-2021, 12:09 AM
i see alex still considers himself a chief. he kept saying 'we' to the point of him being on the roster. :D

Bl00dyBizkitz
02-09-2021, 01:37 AM
Class act. Hope he gets a cushy job as an Analyst and just hangs out with his wife and kids.

T-post Tom
02-09-2021, 01:45 AM
So Alex is confirming what all us amateurs were saying last night. Why was the game plan to try to push the downfield throws? We needed the game plan from the first Buffalo game that featured CEH and Mahomes taking underneath throws with long drives. I'll never wrap my head around it. Felt like some stuborness or trying to live up to the hype.

Yep

comochiefsfan
02-09-2021, 01:54 AM
YepI'm honestly trying to think of the last time I was that perplexed by a gameplan from this coaching staff.

Off the top of my head the one that comes to mind is the Tennessee Wild Card game from 2017.

Where we had like a 21-3 lead going into the second half, had the NFL rushing champion Kareem Hunt on the roster, and I want to say we ran it like 5 times in the second half.

dlphg9
02-09-2021, 01:58 AM
Penbrook is a retard. Jfc you're so dumb.

Chiefnj2
02-09-2021, 08:29 AM

Byron Leftwich just called a better game than Reid.

Cheater5
02-09-2021, 08:31 AM
Byron Leftwich just called a better game than Reid.

No shit, right? He unraveled our defense like a cheap sweater.

Coochie liquor
02-09-2021, 09:12 AM
No shit, right? He unraveled our defense like a cheap sweater.

Cheffers was the DC that night and MVP for TB.

Deberg_1990
02-09-2021, 09:42 AM
We might have won if Alex started. He wouldn’t have abandoned the pocket as quickly as Mahomes

Titty Meat
02-09-2021, 09:43 AM
Alex isn't a ****ing coach, you morons.

WE WILL MAKE HIM 1 MOTHER FUCKER

rico
02-09-2021, 04:06 PM
He seems like a nice guy.

poolboy
02-09-2021, 04:12 PM
Love Alex Smith...whats up with those eyebrows though?

InChiefsHeaven
02-09-2021, 04:16 PM
We might have won if Alex started. He wouldn’t have abandoned the pocket as quickly as Mahomes

:LOL: I see what you did there.

DT#58
02-09-2021, 05:22 PM
I agree with Alex Smith in that a lot of what the Chiefs offence did goes back to the first meeting in week 12.
Reid and the coaches took the week 12 gameplan and said here we go.
We killed them with the intermediate and long ball and Bowles is gonna play the same d with a single high safety and we will kill them again.
Probably took 10 minutes to decide that, then they went out for a cheeseburger.
To actually think Bowles is gonna play a single high again, man to man after getting torched in one half in week 12 is either ignorant or simply stupid.
Bowles gameplan wasnt anything genius like, it was simple and common sense.
And the fact that Reid and EB had no plan B and made no adjustments is mystfying and damning.
Tampa sitting in cover 2 or cover 4 and going with a 4 man rush the whole game. And with a backup OLine, Reid has Mahomes dropping back trying to get the ball downfield.
Seeing his QB running for his life all game and the coaches never clued in to hey we gotta change this up.
Reid and co. played right into Bowles hands and did everything he wanted them to do.
I could see it in Alex Smith eyes that he was thinking that.
He just didnt want to say it.

MAG
02-09-2021, 05:51 PM
I would let him date my daughter