PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Britt Reid put on administrative leave amid crash probe

stanleychief
02-09-2021, 10:58 PM
This has certainly not been a great day for Chiefs fans.

Just saw this on TMZ.

K.C. Chiefs Suspend Britt Reid After 5-Year-Old Girl Badly Injured In Car Crash (https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/09/kc-chiefs-suspend-britt-reid-following-bad-car-accident/)

It sounds like he has officially been placed on administrative leave. This day can't end soon enough.

wazu
02-09-2021, 10:59 PM
Mods need to romper this before somebody sees.

stanleychief
02-09-2021, 11:07 PM
Mods need to romper this before somebody sees.

Why would this get moved to the Romper Room? Not following...

wazu
02-09-2021, 11:11 PM
Why would this get moved to the Romper Room? Not following...

Since last Friday, all Britt Reid threads have found their way the Romper Room.

stanleychief
02-09-2021, 11:16 PM
Since last Friday, all Britt Reid threads have found their way the Romper Room.

Ahh, I see that now. I was curious why I was the first to post this news. Without wading through the 50+ pages on the main post in the Romper Room, I'm assuming it was because it degraded into something inappropriate.

wazu
02-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Ahh, I see that now. I was curious why I was the first to post this news. Without wading through the 50+ pages on the main post in the Romper Room, I'm assuming it was because it degraded into something inappropriate.

No. It's just too terrible for us to have in the Marty Lounge.

dj56dt58
Mods get itchy vages..everyone banned and all posts to romper. Makes them feel important

Why Not?

Maybe. Also, could've been timing. Two days before the Super Bowl and the most talked up thread on the board was busy examining Andy Reid's parenting skills. I don't blame the mods for moving it.

Bugeater
02-09-2021, 11:21 PM
Ahh, I see that now. I was curious why I was the first to post this news. Without wading through the 50+ pages on the main post in the Romper Room, I'm assuming it was because it degraded into something inappropriate.Yeah the first one turned into a total shitshow and it was decided it didn't need to be on the front page the day of the Super Bowl. I'm guessing the second one was because DeBerg was being DeBerg and no one was in the mood for his shit.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
02-10-2021, 06:39 AM
I thought this was a football discussion forum. Heaven forbid we talk about something that's going to affect our team and the whole NFL. Let's just have the mods bury everything about Britt Reid and hope that everyone forgets it even happened. That's real courage.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 08:30 AM
It's a ****ing lie. Plus what they said.

Really TMZ is your sporting news source?

This has certainly not been a great day for Chiefs fans.

Just saw this on TMZ.

K.C. Chiefs Suspend Britt Reid After 5-Year-Old Girl Badly Injured In Car Crash (https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/09/kc-chiefs-suspend-britt-reid-following-bad-car-accident/)

It sounds like he has officially been placed on administrative leave. This day can't end soon enough.

stanleychief
02-10-2021, 08:33 AM
It's a ****ing lie. Really TMZ is your sporting news source?

Not usually, but when I saw the article headline, it seemed relevant and news worthy. What part of the article is a lie?

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 08:44 AM
http://google.com

Not usually, but when I saw the article headline, it seemed relevant and news worthy. What part of the article is a lie?

Skyy God
02-10-2021, 08:45 AM
Clark better open his checkbook for the injured kid’s family.

Gonna be a lot of depos about the organization’s tolerance for drinking in the job.

Gravedigger
02-10-2021, 08:59 AM
He'll be lucky to stay out of jail, Clark and Andy would be smart to not dance with the issue but instead remove Britt from the team for now until the legal portion is resolved. I know he's Andy's boy, but if you've taken stands against Kareem Hunt in the past, injuring kids and possibly being intoxicated while doing it is worse. You have to uphold the standard and DUI and child endangerment gives you more than enough ammo to reach that conclusion logically. Nothing against Britt, but he fucked up and should see this coming.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 09:04 AM
I'm guessing he'll be gone once it's all said and done.

Don't care about the football aspect at all, I hope the guy gets his shit together away from the Chiefs.

Jerm
02-10-2021, 09:17 AM
The guy was getting blitzed obviously at the team facility and NO ONE saw anything or knew of it....?

I hope I’m wrong but I feel like this story is going to get a lot deeper and worse, outside of the obvious like the poor child’s well being.

Deberg_1990
02-10-2021, 09:23 AM
I'm guessing he'll be gone once it's all said and done.

Don't care about the football aspect at all, I hope the guy gets his shit together away from the Chiefs.

I think he would already be gone if his last name wasn’t Reid.

RobertWeathers
02-10-2021, 09:26 AM
For a normal person what is the typical sentence for DUI (he's been nabbed before , correct?) and 3 counts of attempted manslaughter in MO?

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 09:27 AM
I think he would already be gone if his last name wasn’t Reid.

Nah. Admin leave for somebody high profile and public is usually par for the course while a case is being investigated.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 09:53 AM
Removing, suspending or firing, Britt while the investigation is not conclusive puts the Chiefs in a wrongful discharge lawsuit and an open ended liability predicament overall.
Hank Stram already taught them that lesson in the form of a declaratory judgement back in the 70's when he was fired.
They are just buying time and getting their ducks in a row for the pending litigations to come. The egg on their face is not going to treat them well in the near future. I would guess that Fiat/Chrysler has parked all their promo vehicles that they furnish the Chiefs.

This is why they put him on an Adm. leave. No real facts to suspend him, not because he's Andy's kid.

He will be gone as soon as they get a blood test back, unless he does the right thing and resigns.

Kareem Hunt was found to be guilty via video evidence.

Tyreek Hill was suspended when audio evidence was brought forward that crossed his contractual terms.

Britt will be gone as soon as there is a BAC with any alcohol in his blood, or before.

We will all be tutored in the legal "food chain" by the time this is over with. Between the Chief's and FCA Group's deep pocketed insurance policies, this little girl will get every bit of their insurance coverage amounts. If I sold the beer to Britt or furnished it to the Chief's I would be staying up at night worrying about my insurance company's actions in this case. I would think that she could put Miller/ Coors in the food chain.

We will see some of the largest judgements ever handed down if this goes to court. If not they will look like lottery checks but with no taxes.

treeguy27
02-10-2021, 10:24 AM
Unfortunately this situation is only going to get worse. A lot worse. I feel terrible for the little girl and her family.

ModSocks
02-10-2021, 10:26 AM
A lot worse. I feel terrible for the little girl and her family.

Yup. And you know mom and dad are probably Chiefs fans too.

Brutal. Just awful. I'm not a godly man, but prayers for that little girl.

Fuck man....what a shitty week.

CaliforniaChief
02-10-2021, 10:44 AM
Yup. And you know mom and dad are probably Chiefs fans too.

Brutal. Just awful. I'm not a godly man, but prayers for that little girl.

Fuck man....what a shitty week.

Right? Am I the only one thinking maybe don't do Patrick's surgery today? Geez.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 10:45 AM
They can only hold the DUI against him for 5 years, I doubt they can do anything further because it was drug impairment and not alcohol.

Doubt they can mention it at trial if it goes that far.

I doubt you get anything but involuntary charges but the DUI or DUID will be a felony charge (This offense could mean up to 7 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines) and can be upgraded up to and including Murder.

For a normal person what is the typical sentence for DUI (he's been nabbed before , correct?) and 3 counts of attempted manslaughter in MO?

U R reaching

Bowser
02-10-2021, 10:45 AM
Clark better open his checkbook for the injured kid’s family.

Gonna be a lot of depos about the organization’s tolerance for drinking in the job.

After the guy getting beat to death in the Arrowhead parking lot being attributed to drunk incident, I'm thinking they and the NFL will cut a check to the family to ensure the negative press stays at a minimum.

I assume Britt being suspended is some form of legality to be followed before he gets fired.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 10:46 AM
Nah. Admin leave for somebody high profile and public is usually par for the course while a case is being investigated.

Do you mean from the Chiefs or the State? The State hasn't done anything yet.

CaliforniaChief
02-10-2021, 10:47 AM
I know the Chiefs will step up, but I hope Britt Reid bears the responsibility for this, or it just enables more of the same.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 11:01 AM
Do you mean from the Chiefs or the State? The State hasn't done anything yet.

The state. Any high profile, public figure regardless of employer is usually put on admin leave while a potential criminal case is investigated.

They usually aren't "dealt with" by their employer until the resulting PR backlash is sufficient to warrant it, like when charges are filed.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 11:04 AM
They can only hold the DUI against him for 5 years, I doubt they can do anything further because it was drug impairment and not alcohol.

I doubt you get anything but involuntary charges but the DUI or DUID will be a felony charge (This offense could mean up to 7 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines) and can be upgraded up to and including Murder.

If the girl were to die, yes, he could be charged with vehicular homicide I would think. I this state, he would be.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 11:10 AM
If he has any BAC they can charge him with a Class D felony and the Chiefs will fire him. He will resign as soon as he is out of hospital and has legal counsel. He has probably lawyered up.

I would think that the Chiefs/ FCA provide at least a co-counsel as there is a lot riding on the outcome as the case moves from criminal to civil courts.

A not guilty verdict on a DUI could save millions. FCA is self insured so it's their money vs. Chiefs are insured by Berkley Entertainment & Sports and possibly a co-insurer.

The Chiefs will be writing a check for the $1,000.000. deductible.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 11:18 AM
If the girl were to die, yes, he could be charged with vehicular homicide I would think. I this state, he would be.

A driver is charged with a class C felony in Missouri if they were driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol and got in an accident which resulted in (1) death of any person or (2) injury of a law enforcement or emergency personnel. This offense could mean 3-10 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.

I would suspect that bring a separate charge would not be successful. I'll call a MO circuit court judge tonight for clarity. NOT

Joe
02-10-2021, 11:28 AM
I hope I’m wrong but I feel like this story is going to get a lot deeper and worse, outside of the obvious like the poor child’s well being.

Question is how does it play out?

1 - Reid was not legally drunk and didn't drink on company premises. It's all on Reid, Chiefs cleared.

2 - Reid legally drunk and didn't drink on company premsies. It's all on Reid, Cheifs cleared.

3 - Reid legally drunk, drank on company premises, and then the show begins, and the Chiefs open up their pocket books with more investigations as to who knew what and when.

Think everyone can agree from what's been written, Reid most likely drank on company premises and drove home after work. Question then becomes what is the policy of football team vs the policy of the NFL and did the Chiefs violate any policies?

Absolute worst case, and flame away (and I don't think this will happen), but if it can be shown the Reid broke company policy and people knew about what was going on in the organization, and it could be shown that the only reason why Reid was hired was due to his father (lets face it, does anyone think Britt Reid would have a job with the Chiefs if his father wasn't the head coach), I could see both Reids possibly without a job (again, a long shot, don't think it will happen, but it is a possibilty).

This is a news story that I don't think the NFL wants because it opens the door for a lot of hard questions to be asked. I'm not naive enough to believe that if this was an issue that was overlooked by the football organization, the Chiefs aren't the only team doing it.

No different than when Jerry Richardson had to sell the Panthers.

Every time I'd get an email from my human resources department on new company policy on common sense, I'd have to talk with people to see who really screwed up. Do I need to be told NOT to put a chair on a forklift for a 3rd party vendor to do eleectrical work "on the ceiling", heck no, but some butt did something stupid (in this case an electrician with no common sense), so the new policy comes out to protect the company from stupidity.

Cosmos
02-10-2021, 11:31 AM
Get him help, spare no expense for the sake of his family and the other.

Separate this coach permanently....and find his replacement for the future.

Andy needs to understand and accept this.

Now fix the OL..

RobertWeathers
02-10-2021, 11:52 AM

U R reaching

My bad. Meant to say involuntary.

Joe
02-10-2021, 12:06 PM
Get him help, spare no expense for the sake of his family and the other.

Believe that course of action was taken in 2007.

ClevelandBronco
02-10-2021, 12:09 PM

1 - Reid was not legally drunk and didn't drink on company premises. It's all on Reid, Chiefs cleared.

2 - Reid legally drunk and didn't drink on company premsies. It's all on Reid, Cheifs cleared.

3 - Reid legally drunk, drank on company premises, and then the show begins, and the Chiefs open up their pocket books with more investigations as to who knew what and when.

Think everyone can agree from what's been written, Reid most likely drank on company premises and drove home after work. Question then becomes what is the policy of football team vs the policy of the NFL and did the Chiefs violate any policies?

Absolute worst case, and flame away (and I don't think this will happen), but if it can be shown the Reid broke company policy and people knew about what was going on in the organization, and it could be shown that the only reason why Reid was hired was due to his father (lets face it, does anyone think Britt Reid would have a job with the Chiefs if his father wasn't the head coach), I could see both Reids possibly without a job (again, a long shot, don't think it will happen, but it is a possibilty).

This is a news story that I don't think the NFL wants because it opens the door for a lot of hard questions to be asked. I'm not naive enough to believe that if this was an issue that was overlooked by the football organization, the Chiefs aren't the only team doing it.

No different than when Jerry Richardson had to sell the Panthers.

Every time I'd get an email from my human resources department on new company policy on common sense, I'd have to talk with people to see who really screwed up. Do I need to be told NOT to put a chair on a forklift for a 3rd party vendor to do eleectrical work "on the ceiling", heck no, but some butt did something stupid (in this case an electrician with no common sense), so the new policy comes out to protect the company from stupidity.

I've been waiting for someone else to bring this up. It seemed unnecessary for a non-fan to break this ice. Andy and/or other members of the staff could be in jeopardy.

Security cameras at the facility could or might shed some light on what happened and/or what's been going on.

emaw1979
02-10-2021, 12:32 PM
If he has any BAC they can charge him with a Class D felony and the Chiefs will fire him. He will resign as soon as he is out of hospital and has legal counsel. He has probably lawyered up.

I would think that the Chiefs/ FCA provide at least a co-counsel as there is a lot riding on the outcome as the case moves from criminal to civil courts.

A not guilty verdict on a DUI could save millions. FCA is self insured so it's their money vs. Chiefs are insured by Berkley Entertainment & Sports and possibly a co-insurer.

The Chiefs will be writing a check for the $1,000.000. deductible.

Why would the Chiefs be writing the check? MO State law prevents a victim from suing the Chiefs under Dram Shop Laws and social host liability. They may very well provide financial support but the only person liable is the drunk.

emaw1979
02-10-2021, 12:34 PM
From a Chiefs standpoint, will this fracture the relationship with Andy Reid and Clark Hunt assuming young Reid will be fired.

comochiefsfan
02-10-2021, 12:37 PM
**** Britt Reid.

Might have cost us a Super Bowl.

Even bigger than that though, who knows what the lingering effects from this will be?

Andy was never the same in Philly after his son died at training camp. How will he react to his other son going to jail for an incident that happened next to the team facility? How will he react to having to fire his son?

I think it'll be ok in the long run. But what Britt Reid did put this whole thing we're building in jeopardy. Not to mention of course he almost killed an innocent little girl.

**** Britt Reid.

Titty Meat
02-10-2021, 12:38 PM
Lock him up

Deberg_1990
02-10-2021, 12:47 PM
**** Britt Reid.

Even bigger than that though, who knows what the lingering effects from this will be?

Andy was never the same in Philly after his son died at training camp. How will he react to his other son going to jail for an incident that happened next to the team facility? How will he react to having to fire his son?

I think it'll be ok in the long run. But what Britt Reid did put this whole thing we're building in jeopardy. Not to mention of course he almost killed an innocent little girl.

**** Britt Reid.

Monumentally stupid decision

I think Britt should be fired regardless of how the case plays out.

Joe
02-10-2021, 12:47 PM
**** Britt Reid.

**** Britt Reid.

Get a life.

I might of missed it, but what did YOU do to earn a superbowl win for KC?

At the end of the day, it's a very sad situation for all involved.

comochiefsfan
02-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Monumentally stupid decision

I think Britt should be fired regardless of how the case plays out.Absolutely, and it wouldn't be a big deal at all if it wasn't Andy's son.

It's obviously easy to say this in hindsight, but Andy never should have had his relatives anywhere near the team facility. Just way too much risk there.

comochiefsfan
02-10-2021, 12:50 PM
Get a life.

I might of missed it, but what did YOU do to earn a superbowl win for KC?

At the end of the day, it's a very sad situation for all involved.Excuse me?

Instead of showing your ass, maybe tell me in a more constructive way what you disagree with in my post.

redfan
02-10-2021, 01:01 PM
Needs to be permanent. Chiefs don't need the bad juju. Go get your head right son, but do it far away from the team.

stanleychief
02-10-2021, 01:03 PM
Why would the Chiefs be writing the check? MO State law prevents a victim from suing the Chiefs under Dram Shop Laws and social host liability. They may very well provide financial support but the only person liable is the drunk.

They might be liable by Negligent Entrustment (https://www.rsblawfirm.com/st-louis-personal-injury-attorneys/neglegent-entrustment/) if it occurred in a vehicle provided by the organization.

In the event of an accident involving a vehicle that doesn’t belong to the at-fault driver, injury victims will be required to prove five things according to the theory negligent entrustment:
- The driver of the vehicle (entrustee) was inexperienced, incompetent, reckless, or otherwise unfit.
- The owner of the vehicle (entrustor) was aware of the driver’s condition and likely inability to safely operate the vehicle.
- The entrustor gave explicit permission for the entrustee to operate the vehicle.
- The entrustee’s ability to borrow the vehicle put others at risk of harm.
- The victim’s injuries and other damages resulted from the negligence of both the entrustor and entrustee.

Britt would certainly qualify as unfit if he were intoxicated. The Chiefs would have a hard time denying they were not aware of his prior DUI and drug issues.

scho63
02-10-2021, 01:07 PM
I thought this was a football discussion forum. Heaven forbid we talk about something that's going to affect our team and the whole NFL. Let's just have the mods bury everything about Britt Reid and hope that everyone forgets it even happened. That's real courage.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/syV2LkGpQB0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe
02-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Excuse me?

Instead of showing your ass, maybe tell me in a more constructive way what you disagree with in my post.

He who is without sin should cast the first stone.

I admire Andy Reid for what he has done for his sons. One reason why I not only like him as a football coach, but also as a person.

I have no doubt that both Reid's lives will forever be changed due to the position he has put himself, his father and his organization in. The fact is a little girl could is fighting for her life, and at the end of the day, THAT is the most important factor here IMO.

The added reality is, which the majority of people don't want to seem to reconize is there is a very good chance that the mother of the girl did not have her 5 year old properly fastened in a child seat (by stating that fact, I'm not blaming the mother or taking anything away from the stupid act Reid committed), but the mother could also be partially to blame for the accident of her child. Thing is, with a story like this, bring that possible fact up doesn't play well.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 01:18 PM

1 - Reid was not legally drunk and didn't drink on company premises. It's all on Reid, Chiefs cleared. NO they are in the food chain for civil damages.

2 - Reid legally drunk and didn't drink on company premsies. It's all on Reid, Cheifs cleared. see above

3 - Reid legally drunk, drank on company premises, and then the show begins, and the Chiefs open up their pocket books with more investigations as to who knew what and when. NO the ins co's lawyers will fight the DUI
to minimize the civil judgements.

Think everyone can agree from what's been written, Reid most likely drank on company premises and drove home after work. Question then becomes what is the policy of football team vs the policy of the NFL and did the Chiefs violate any policies? No, I don't think the NFL has anything to address other than it's policies The NFL will suspend Britt from the NFL, and fine the Chiefs and if the alcohol policies were broken, fine them some more. If there is someone else who either furnished the alcohol or looked away they will be fined and suspended. All along the Ins. co. lawyers are fighting the criminal and civil litigations.

Absolute worst case, and flame away (and I don't think this will happen), but if it can be shown the Reid broke company policy and people knew about what was going on in the organization, and it could be shown that the only reason why Reid was hired was due to his father (lets face it, does anyone think Britt Reid would have a job with the Chiefs if his father wasn't the head coach), I could see both Reids possibly without a job (again, a long shot, don't think it will happen, but it is a possibilty). Now your smoking something that smells like skunk. I do see Andy retiring over this early on. I don't think he can be a father and the Chiefs head coach at the same time.

This is a news story that I don't think the NFL wants because it opens the door for a lot of hard questions to be asked. I'm not naive enough to believe that if this was an issue that was overlooked by the football organization, the Chiefs aren't the only team doing it. No, it simply puts firm rules in place for all of the NFL instead of letting teams manage their businesses. Non executive cars will disappear in the NFL for personal use IMHO.

No different than when Jerry Richardson had to sell the Panthers. Still smoking? , Jerry was sticking his own dick in it. Clark wasn't driving the truck.
The letter came after Sports Illustrated published a story reporting the Panthers settled with at least four former employees regarding inappropriate workplace behavior by Richardson.

English?
If you do not have an approved platform, PPE, and certified employees, then your vendor needs to furnish a scissor lift that is appropriate for the purpose, I am sure that your Dept managers have a hard line policy of doing anything like that with an employee, no less a vendor. ****, most companies will not let you on a forklift (or a ladder) without written and in person performance testing.

It's not the HR dept's job to do this, it is director of the division and it's management along with loss prevention's job to keep anyone off the forks of a lift truck to do electrical work on a ceiling as an outside vendor.,

It's HR's job to follow policy when it's not followed.

Maybe you should pay attention when you read your "welcome to safety" modules. They are not prepared by HR but HR makes sure you test out on them in a timely manner or they will make you stay at home until your boss arranges for you to pass the module.

I do not think you understand the fact that if Britt has any BAC he can be charged with a class C felony. The lawyers are going to do everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen. A guilty Britt could cost the insurance co. millions.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 01:20 PM
He wasn't a drunk in 2007. read!

Believe that course of action was taken in 2007.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-10-2021, 01:20 PM
They might be liable by Negligent Entrustment (https://www.rsblawfirm.com/st-louis-personal-injury-attorneys/neglegent-entrustment/) if it occurred in a vehicle provided by the organization.

Britt would certainly qualify as unfit if he were intoxicated. The Chiefs would have a hard time denying they were not aware of his prior DUI and drug issues.

I believe the truck had dealer plates on them and are most likely loaned to the coaches to use. These agreements would have tight verbiage around operating the vehicles while impaired. If it is determined Reid was impaired, the dealer will still be included in litigation. Also, I believe the law referenced above is akin to allowing someone to drive your car when you know they are drunk at that time...

ClevelandBronco
02-10-2021, 01:21 PM
English?...

Formatting?

stanleychief
02-10-2021, 01:34 PM
Also, I believe the law referenced above is akin to allowing someone to drive your car when you know they are drunk at that time...

I had thought the same, and could not find any statute with an exact definition. Further down the link that I referenced in my previous post, it does say this, however:

It isn’t always entirely clear when a driver borrowing a vehicle is considered incompetent, unfit, or reckless. However, there are certain situations when the state of the driver may indicate that the owner of the vehicle committed negligent entrustment. Some of these situations could include lending a vehicle to:
- An intoxicated driver
- An elderly driver who is unfit to drive
- Someone with a known prior history of drunk driving
- An inexperienced driver
- A driver who is ill
- An underaged or unlicensed driver
- Someone with a known history of reckless driving

So that makes it sound like this may apply due to the third bullet point. I would think that if it were a dealer owned car, then attacking them might be quite a bit more difficult.

Joe
02-10-2021, 01:48 PM
He wasn't a drunk in 2007. read!

Did read. You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know that some kids have problems that need to be addressed. Even before 2007 and anything made the news, it seemed Britt and Garrett had some issues.

22 year old punk pull a gun out over a road rage incident in Philly is lucky to be alive at the end of the day added the fact that he had controlled substances in the car. Yeah, lets pull out a gun when I have drugs in the car illegally. Kid wasn't smart at 22, dosen't look like he's gotten any smarter at 35.

TribalElder
02-10-2021, 01:51 PM
knowing if someone is drunk or not is pretty straight forward as far as testing is concerned

if there were other drugs involved I could see why this would take so long

Joe
02-10-2021, 01:55 PM
[B]I do not think you understand the fact that if Britt has any BAC he can be charged with a class C felony. The lawyers are going to do everything possible to make sure it doesn't happen. A guilty Britt could cost the insurance co. millions.

What I do understand is that even if Britt doesn't have any BAC, his life is pretty much screwed. The only question now is how entangled does he become with the legal system.

Joe
02-10-2021, 02:01 PM
[B]English?
If you do not have an approved platform, PPE, and certified employees, then your vendor needs to furnish a scissor lift that is appropriate for the purpose, I am sure that your Dept managers have a hard line policy of doing anything like that with an employee, no less a vendor. ****, most companies will not let you on a forklift (or a ladder) without written and in person performance testing.

Real life. Electrician fell after standing on a chair on forks, attached to a fork lift 30' on his head, killed. Crap hit the fan over that one, but that was a couple state over, but found out about it due to new HR policy and making some phone calls. That's all I can tell you. I'm not operations now, but I do use common sense.

treeguy27
02-10-2021, 02:03 PM
I feel like I need to include a disclaimer that a little girl is fighting for her life and that it is the most important and most tragic part of this whole situation.

As this is a Chiefs message board, we discuss how this affects the Chiefs. I am really concerned about how Andy is affected by this moving forward. After getting his ring last year, he finally seemed to be having fun and enjoying coaching. This ordeal has to be killing him on so many levels. I'm sure he's most concerned about the little girl, but there are so many levels to how this will affect him. For starters just the concern of a parent for his child and his future. He has to be concerned about how it will affect the team and the organization. How much it may have already affected them in regards to the Super Bowl performance. How it may affect his relationship with the organization when lawyers undoubtedly get involved as this unfolds. The countless articles and storylines to come about his two sons and their troubles. There is nothing but negative things and distractions headed Andy's way for a while. I hope he makes it through all of this okay and thinks continuing to coach is worth the headaches this will bring.

If Britt has an ounce of integrity he will immediately resign from the team and save his Dad and the organization the burden of figuring out what to do with him and the scrutiny they will get for when and how they did it.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 02:44 PM

Did you read what you wrote? Maybe you should read the statute. MO State law prevents a victim from suing the Chiefs under Dram Shop Laws and social host liability:shake::shake::shake:

This is, as of now, what appears to being a probable impaired driver who has seriously injured a child while driving a vehicle furnished to him by his employer in a barter/ trade agreement with a vehicle manufacturer /dealer association. Who insured the vehicle is a really big deal to the Chiefs.

There are no facilitators of the alcohol as of now and it makes little difference. There does not appear to be a cash bar in the Chiefs practice facility nor was their a social gathering. I would venture to say that there could be a mini fridge with a few vendor furnished beers in it. I doubt there is a kegerator in the lounge. Not everyone drives a company vehicle. Britt did, and if he broke company policy by drinking one or six of then, the Chiefs are able to discipline him for doing so. I am sure he signed somewhere that he understood the (zero tolerance?) policy when he got his keys which ended in "up to and including termination"

If I give you one of my cars and you get drunk and nearly kill a child, do you think I will be sued? Dammed Straight and before they sue you.

The Chiefs and FCA "owned" the truck through a barter or trade situation and their insurance on said vehicle is in play. someone insures the truck. If there was a few beers in the fridge and Britt helped himself and then wrecked the furnished truck. The Chiefs and FCA are financially responsible for the accident, including the children who are injured. They can sue Britt afterwards but why?

If the team or the NFL has a policy banning alcohol, then the team can discipline the player, if the NFL has a policy that was broken, it can discipline both the employee and /or the team.

In my experience, everyone is sued and then they plea with the judge to be released so expect the NFL to be included along with who ever brewed the beer and Teva who made the Adderall.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 03:26 PM
You are reaching, and not very well.

He hit a shopping cart while jacked up on heroin. Plea bargained it to a DUI, Clean for 14 years. What insurance companies can see in an official driving record from the state, what the cops see is much more detailed. If you are pulled over and asked if you have had a drink, it could be in the NCIC data base.

Driving background inquiries only go back 5 years except for DUI and suspensions, unless a separate ins data base registers a red flag. Police have access to National Crime Information Center which can tell you the methane level when you farted 20 years ago. Ask me about my FBI file...

jallmon
02-10-2021, 03:52 PM
Wow, this is getting crazy. Don't know who to believe about what. I'm going to just drop it until the dust settles and focus on prayers for the child.

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-10-2021, 03:58 PM
Wow, this is getting crazy. Don't know who to believe about what. I'm going to just drop it until the dust settles and focus on prayers for the child.

as should most until the facts come out. Plenty of time to pile on later if he was impaired and is guilty.

Skyy God
02-10-2021, 04:03 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PTmCxbcRXs4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 04:05 PM
It may have been a local dealer as Ford is the official vehicle, It may have just been a loaner.
Thanks for bringing that back to front of mind. The truck may not be insured by FCA and Britt may not have gone under close scrutiny. The DUI from 14 years ago should have been on Britt's Kansas driving record. A dealer may have just tossed him the keys and sent him on his way.
It probably wasn't how it was supposed to be done by the insurance co rules for a full use demo. It's another interesting point to put into the puzzle.

The Chiefs may not had anything to do with the demo he was driving, pulling them completely out of the food chain.

I believe the truck had dealer plates on them and are most likely loaned to the coaches to use. These agreements would have tight verbiage around operating the vehicles while impaired. If it is determined Reid was impaired, the dealer will still be included in litigation. Also, I believe the law referenced above is akin to allowing someone to drive your car when you know they are drunk at that time...

Skyy God
02-10-2021, 04:38 PM
It may have been a local dealer as Ford is the official vehicle, It may have just been a loaner.
Thanks for bringing that back to front of mind. The truck may not be insured by FCA and Britt may not have gone under close scrutiny. The DUI from 14 years ago should have been on Britt's Kansas driving record. A dealer may have just tossed him the keys and sent him on his way.
It probably wasn't how it was supposed to be done by the insurance co rules for a full use demo. It's another interesting point to put into the puzzle.

The Chiefs may not had anything to do with the demo he was driving, pulling them completely out of the food chain.

14 year old DUI is probably (or at least should have been) expunged.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 04:59 PM
It was a drug charge/ possession plea bargain. Britt's little gun rage got him a felony, there's no expungement for bad boys

Lower Court Disposition 09/10/2007 Not Final
1 / DUI: Controlled Substance - Impaired Ability - 1stOffense M 75 § 3802 §§ D2*
5 / Int Poss Contr Subst By Per Not Reg M 35 § 780-113 §§ A16
6 / Use/Poss Of Drug Paraph M 35 § 780-113 §§ A32

Guilty Plea
Call of the Trial List 01/17/2008 Final Disposition
1 / DUI: Controlled Substance - Impaired Ability - 1st Offense Guilty Plea M 75 § 3802 §§ D2*

14 year old DUI is probably (or at least should have been) expunged.

In58men
02-10-2021, 06:41 PM
Clarifications on Britt Reid, per league source: He was placed on leave with the Chiefs through the duration of his contract, which has since expired and he no longer is an employee with the club

Per Schefty

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-10-2021, 06:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clarifications on Britt Reid, per league source: He was placed on leave with the Chiefs through the duration of his contract, which has since expired and he no longer is an employee with the club.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1359663566526251008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-10-2021, 06:44 PM
This is where we give a call to either Tamba Hali or Derrick Johnson about the OLB coach job. I would give charcandrick west a call for RB coach as well

FloridaMan88
02-10-2021, 06:56 PM
This is where we give a call to either Tamba Hali or Derrick Johnson about the OLB coach job. I would give charcandrick west a call for RB coach as well

Or just have Matt House serve as the LB coach for outside/inside LB’s... “Outside LB coach” seems like a bullshit position that was created just to give Britt Reid a job.

Titty Meat
02-10-2021, 07:10 PM
He gone

stanleychief
02-10-2021, 07:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clarifications on Britt Reid, per league source: He was placed on leave with the Chiefs through the duration of his contract, which has since expired and he no longer is an employee with the club.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1359663566526251008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So like for just a few hours then? Why even bother, other than for PR.

stanleychief
02-10-2021, 07:24 PM
Regarding the vehicle.. From Fox 2 News (https://fox2now.com/sports/kansas-city-chiefs/britt-reids-contract-with-chiefs-expires-club-says-hes-no-longer-employed-by-team/)

We’ve also learned the truck police records show Britt Reid was driving had dealer tags registered to Airport Chrysler-Dodge-Ram-Jeep in Platte City. We’ve contacted the dealership several times to ask how britt got the truck but they’ve not responded.

However, Missouri driver laws state businesses issued dealer plates must account for all their tags at all times and limits who can drive the vehicle. Any driver using a dealer tagged vehicle more than two days must have signed and dated written documentation.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Why bother putting him on ADM leave?

Did someone need to learn to do the HR paperwork?

displacedinMN
02-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Why bother putting him on ADM leave?

Did someone need to learn to do the HR paperwork?

standard procedure for a lot of organizations.

now dismissed from team

Sassy Squatch
02-10-2021, 07:46 PM
Good. Fuck off to jail, would you?

Deberg_1990
02-10-2021, 07:48 PM
Clarifications on Britt Reid, per league source: He was placed on leave with the Chiefs through the duration of his contract, which has since expired and he no longer is an employee with the club

Per Schefty

:clap:

:clap:

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 08:04 PM
This dude has a SB ring.

Fuck Britt Reid.

Fucking POS

FloridaMan88
02-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Only nepotism that should be allowed with the Chiefs moving forward...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Etyz_xSXEAcrFvy?format=jpg&name=large

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 08:12 PM
look at that fine bitch with her ring and her bracelet and her fitbit and her watch and her necklace and earrings ommmggggggggg

my babe FROSTED

WilliamTheIrish
02-10-2021, 08:18 PM
He’s gone

Titty Meat
02-10-2021, 08:19 PM
Only nepotism that should be allowed with the Chiefs moving forward...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Etyz_xSXEAcrFvy?format=jpg&name=large

Post the pic of her from behind in that dress at the super bowl.

FloridaMan88
02-10-2021, 08:31 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtrKanaWQAEZL6H?format=jpg&name=large

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 09:18 PM

I'd bet you could drive Britt's Ram truck into her make up and the truck would bounce off.

Her butt, now that's a different matter.

Can we get a picture of her modeling the new" Bite my Pillow" that Hogg is marketing??

CoMoChief
02-10-2021, 09:21 PM
Just look at her Instagram page.

It's full of yummy goodness.

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 10:36 PM
Sometimes I forget how much I like the full size tab.

Nice work sir

Now This:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/82505033_2703000819786985_2603309098355130368_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=3&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=v9gR2HHIz5EAX9eAF40&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=413158aa0dafaebaaf8bb3f6bbceb249&oe=6048D740

Titty Meat
02-10-2021, 11:52 PM

I haven't been that erect since this random dude named Adam started grinding on me at a Drake concert

cooper barrett
02-10-2021, 11:57 PM
At least you got a name this time.

royr17
02-11-2021, 03:21 AM

How about Priest Holmes or Jamaal Charles ? Larry Johnson ? Christian Okoye ?

wheeler08
02-11-2021, 07:37 AM
How about Priest Holmes or Jamaal Charles ? Larry Johnson ? Christian Okoye ?

No fucking way we call LJ or Tamba. They are bat shit crazy

wheeler08
02-11-2021, 07:38 AM
But give me DJ!

notorious
02-11-2021, 08:32 AM
Good riddance.

scho63
02-11-2021, 01:34 PM
I'm not condoning it, deflecting blame or forgiving him but addicts are selfish people who don't ever worry about the consequences of their actions. Hell, sometimes they even find a warped way to justify them.

Just a little perspective....

cooper barrett
02-11-2021, 01:41 PM
I'm not condoning it, deflecting blame or forgiving him but addicts are selfish people who don't ever worry about the consequences of their actions. Hell, sometimes they even find a warped way to justify them.

Just a little transferance....

FIFU

KChiefs1
02-11-2021, 01:44 PM
Derrick Johnson come on down!

penguinz
02-11-2021, 01:59 PM
No ****ing way we call LJ or Tamba. They are bat shit crazy

And Charles won't be called because he can't speak.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
02-11-2021, 02:00 PM
And Charles won't be called because he can't speak.

You know who I think would be a good RB coach. Charcandrick West. Dude was electrifying blocking and receiving

scho63
02-11-2021, 02:05 PM
FIFU

Aside from the DC and Romper Room forums, you truly are the biggest waste of a poster we have on CP by a wide margin.

Not even close........:rolleyes:

TEX
02-11-2021, 02:15 PM
You know who I think would be a good RB coach. Charcandrick West. Dude was electrifying blocking and receiving

Supposed to be very smart also.

Third Eye
02-15-2021, 10:26 PM
The mother posted an update just a little while ago that Ariel is awake. No other details at the moment, but that is at least a little positive news.

Sure-Oz
02-15-2021, 10:45 PM
The mother posted an update just a little while ago that Ariel is awake. No other details at the moment, but that is at least a little positive news.Definitely positive... hopefully she fully recovers

jerryaldini
02-15-2021, 10:59 PM
The mother posted an update just a little while ago that Ariel is awake. No other details at the moment, but that is at least a little positive news.

That must be huge for her mom. Hope there's more good news soon.

TribalElder
02-15-2021, 11:28 PM

she is awake and now has more money in her bank account than most of us

https://www.gofundme.com/f/5-year-old-ariel-medical-expenses

486,628 and counting currently

cooper barrett
02-16-2021, 12:18 AM
Glad she is awake, hopefully we will here about her cognitive condition soon

What is going to happen next.

dlphg9
02-16-2021, 01:31 AM
Glad she is awake, hopefully we will here about her cognitive condition soon

Go fund me is a scam.

I'm thinking Mom's out shopping for houses when she should be shopping for car seats.

You literally have no clue what she's doing or what happened when her car was taken out by some retarded jackass while occupied by her daughter. Car seats aren't some magical catch-all. In 2017 37% of kids under 12 that died from a car accident weren't restrained. That means 63% of those children were restrainednw.

So more than likely she was restrained.

kcxiv
02-16-2021, 02:17 AM
You literally have no clue what she's doing or what happened when her car was taken out by some retarded jackass while occupied by her daughter. Car seats aren't some magical catch-all. In 2017 37% of kids under 12 that died from a car accident weren't restrained. That means 63% of those children were restrainednw.

So more than likely she was restrained.all this! *hand claps*

PAChiefsGuy
02-16-2021, 03:13 AM

Just a little perspective....

You need to get out more. Some of them are like that but not all.

scho63
02-16-2021, 04:57 AM
You need to get out more. Some of them are like that but not all.

If you really knew me and my life experiences, you would realize how dumb and inaccurate your post really is. :doh!:

duncan_idaho
02-16-2021, 06:50 AM
Saw an alert this morning that the little girl has awakened from her coma. That is tremendous news.

Now it’s about hoping she doesn’t have significant long-term problems or brain damage.

Re: those whining about the GoFundMe...

1) The account that the Chiefs/Andy Reid are somehow bad actors because they haven’t just shown up and written a check yet is annoying. That’s not how hospitals or medical billing work. That hospital hasn’t asked them for a dime yet. I’m sure the family is out lost wages for whoever has been at the hospital, but their first medical bill hasn’t even been mailed yet.

2) Thw girl has been in the hospital 20 days. Not sure how long her brother was there. But even 21 days of stay in an IICU/CCU can be astoundingly expensive. It wouldn’t surprise me if those bills are running 15,000-20,000 a day. And that’s not including any surgeries they may have had.

Or ongoing time in the hospital.

Or therapy after the girl is eventually released. She may need years of it.

Or how many more days she has to stay even after waking up.

Depending on the insurance carried on Britt Reid’s truck, there may be a cap to what liability coverage he carried (maybe even as low as 100,00).

If the family isn’t holding on to that $$ they’re crazy and foolish. They’re likely going to need every cent.

tmax63
02-16-2021, 07:26 AM
I sincerely doubt that Britt Reid was carrying legal minimums on his insurance while working for the Chiefs. Between his insurance, the family's insurance, and GoFundMe I doubt that the family will want for dollars unless the little girl ends up a long term invalid. If it ends up like that I'd bet a "behind the scenes" never talked about transaction occurs that makes things right.

ChiTown
02-16-2021, 07:28 AM
Saw an alert this morning that the little girl has awakened from her coma. That is tremendous news.

Now it’s about hoping she doesn’t have significant long-term problems or brain damage.

1) The account that the Chiefs/Andy Reid are somehow bad actors because they haven’t just shown up and written a check yet is annoying. That’s not how hospitals or medical billing work. That hospital hasn’t asked them for a dime yet. I’m sure the family is out lost wages for whoever has been at the hospital, but their first medical bill hasn’t even been mailed yet.

2) Thw girl has been in the hospital 20 days. Not sure how long her brother was there. But even 21 days of stay in an IICU/CCU can be astoundingly expensive. It wouldn’t surprise me if those bills are running 15,000-20,000 a day. And that’s not including any surgeries they may have had.

Depending on the insurance carried on Britt Reid’s truck, there may be a cap to what liability coverage he carried (maybe even as low as 100,00).

If the family isn’t holding on to that $$ they’re crazy and foolish. They’re likely going to need every cent.

That’s fantastic news. Praying for her continued recovery

duncan_idaho
02-16-2021, 09:07 AM
I sincerely doubt that Britt Reid was carrying legal minimums on his insurance while working for the Chiefs. Between his insurance, the family's insurance, and GoFundMe I doubt that the family will want for dollars unless the little girl ends up a long term invalid. If it ends up like that I'd bet a "behind the scenes" never talked about transaction occurs that makes things right.

You would hope not. The situation with the truck being a "loaner" from a dealership may put it in a weird situation for insurance.

Hopefully the dealership insurance kicks in if nothing else.

Depending on what services this young lady needed, her bill may end up being in the millions of dollars. ICU care is expensive. If she needed breathing assistance during her coma, that is EXPENSIVE (ECMO [iron lung] tech by itself typically is going to run 20,000-30,000 a day just for the equipment and maintenance of it).

TribalElder
02-16-2021, 09:11 AM
Even if his liability insurance only covers 100k, that's the first 100k and Britt will still be on the hook for the damages right? That would be outside the go fund me donations.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
02-16-2021, 09:15 AM

The accident occurred 12 days ago so how can she be in the hospital for 20 days? You better check your sources. :shake:

scho63
02-16-2021, 10:59 AM
5-year-old girl wakes up from coma nearly 2 weeks after crash involving ex-Chiefs coach Britt Reid

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kansas-city-chiefs-britt-reid-crash-girl-coma

Kman34
02-16-2021, 11:21 AM
Glad she is awake.. She will probably have a long road to recovery... Hopefully she can live a normal life.. So awful that she has to suffer because of a dumbass..

duncan_idaho
02-16-2021, 08:09 PM
The accident occurred 12 days ago so how can she be in the hospital for 20 days? You better check your sources. :shake:

Shit man. That’s a posting-while-waiting-for-coffee-to-brew mistake if ever there was one.

Damn.

But still. You’re talking about a few weeks in the hospital, in ICU. 100s of thousands of dollars in bed fees alone already, with more to come.

And, gosh, man I hope she’s totally fine and recovers and is awesome for the rest of her life. But so much can go wrong.

Point is that money is going to be needed and it isn’t going to create a brand new lifestyle for the family.

comochiefsfan
02-17-2021, 01:11 AM
Just dropping in to say Fuck Britt Reid one more time.

mkp785
02-17-2021, 01:21 AM
Just dropping in to say **** Britt Reid one more time.

Careful here comes cooper barrett once again to defend the drunk driving junkie who almost killed 2 kids. He'll be talking about how the mom needs to go to jail and Britt needs a medal.

scorpio
02-17-2021, 05:50 AM
Dude should be beaten in the head until he goes into a coma.

RealSNR
02-17-2021, 06:45 AM
Stopped by to say Britt Reid is a dumbfuck.

So is cooper. Not as big of a dumbfuck, but still a dumbfuck nonetheless.

rabblerouser
02-17-2021, 09:03 AM
Dude should be beaten in the head until he goes into a coma.

Who?

Britt Reid?

The dumb**** who doesn't put more than $4 worth of gas in his 1984 Impala with rims and stereo worth more than the car itself? Dude has a cell phone to call someone in the SUV...bet he has unlimited data too. But can't fill his ****ing gas tank.

Or what about the DUMB**** that brought 2 little kids with him/her on a gas run and didn't have them in their car seats??

Sounds like a whole lotta dumbassery going around.

Not sticking up for Britt Reid AT ALL...but to be fair, the dude has went through that exit probably a few thousand times at this point...he wasn't expecting the Johnson Family Reunion to be congregated at the 1-435 onramp.

I mean, for real. If you only have $4 to put in your gas tank, keep your stupid ass and your piece of shit 1980s Impala hoopdie off the ****ing road.

Duh.

rabblerouser
02-17-2021, 09:10 AM
Careful here comes cooper barrett once again to defend the drunk driving junkie who almost killed 2 kids. He'll be talking about how the mom needs to go to jail and Britt needs a medal.

Sounds like the mom is a fucking idiot who :
1 - didn't leave her kids with a family member
OR
2 - have her kids in a car seat (which is REQUIRED BY LAW)

so...yeah, she broke the law too. Extremely negligent.

And the fucking deadbeat loser asshole with the Impala that either doesn't know how the fucking gas gauge works or doesn't have enough money to fill the tank is too fucking stupid to be allowed to drive.

Seriously.

Darwin dumbassery awards all around.

Like Oprah :

*points at Britt Reid* - "you're a dumbass!"
*points at deadbeat Impala driver* - "you're a dumbass!"
*points at neglectful mother* - "and YOU'RE a dumbass!"

"YOU'RE ALL DUMBASSES!"
https://media0.giphy.com/media/y8Mz1yj13s3kI/giphy.gif

scorpio
02-17-2021, 01:14 PM
Who?

Britt Reid?

The dumb**** who doesn't put more than $4 worth of gas in his 1984 Impala with rims and stereo worth more than the car itself? Dude has a cell phone to call someone in the SUV...bet he has unlimited data too. But can't fill his ****ing gas tank.

Or what about the DUMB**** that brought 2 little kids with him/her on a gas run and didn't have them in their car seats??

Not sticking up for Britt Reid AT ALL...but to be fair, the dude has went through that exit probably a few thousand times at this point...he wasn't expecting the Johnson Family Reunion to be congregated at the 1-435 onramp.

I mean, for real. If you only have $4 to put in your gas tank, keep your stupid ass and your piece of shit 1980s Impala hoopdie off the ****ing road.

Duh.

Shouldn’t you be running for the border, Britt?

TribalElder
02-17-2021, 01:24 PM
Watch him get a lawyer who reconstructs the crash scene to show they were stopped in the road not over on the shoulder

Either way he cost us a superbowl

duncan_idaho
02-17-2021, 02:51 PM
Who?

Britt Reid?

Duh.

Where have you seen confirmation the children weren't in their child seats? I have yet to read that.

Regardless, this comes off like someone who doesn't understand:

1) sometimes you may not have an option to leave kids at home or leave someone with them
2) what it's like to be so broke that you have to fill the tank with the cash on hand. (I watched my parents count change to put gas in the car when I was younger. So fuck you for talking trash about that).
3) That kids are required to be restrained WHILE the car is in motion. If parked on the shoulder or in a parking lot, keeping them in the seat can be a challenge (especially if parked for a long period of time) and isn't legally required in all jurisdictions. I'm not sure what Missouri laws are for being parked on the side of the road.

JohnnyV13
02-18-2021, 07:54 AM
look at that fine bitch with her ring and her bracelet and her fitbit and her watch and her necklace and earrings ommmggggggggg

my babe FROSTED

Really, really looks like her mom when I used to see her in the UMKC gym.

Deberg_1990
03-30-2021, 10:35 AM
Why hasn’t this piece of shit been arrested yet?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How has Britt Reid still not been arrested for causing this tragedy? This is the latest update today via GoFundMe. <a href="https://t.co/cAKeXJN322">pic.twitter.com/cAKeXJN322</a></p>&mdash; Robert Alvarez (@ralvarez617) <a href="https://twitter.com/ralvarez617/status/1375931246187065345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TambaBerry
03-30-2021, 10:49 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How has Britt Reid still not been arrested for causing this tragedy? This is the latest update today via GoFundMe. <a href="https://t.co/cAKeXJN322">pic.twitter.com/cAKeXJN322</a></p>&mdash; Robert Alvarez (@ralvarez617) <a href="https://twitter.com/ralvarez617/status/1375931246187065345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not an expert in law but maybe they're waiting to see what happens to the little girl? God forbid she doesn't make it they give him a murder charge? Idk though

-King-
03-30-2021, 11:02 AM

He was arrested. He's out on bond if he is out.

Grim
03-30-2021, 11:10 AM
He was arrested. He's out on bond if he is out.

He hasn't been arrested or charged for this incident.

I'm sure they're waiting for the toxicology reports to come back before they move forward.

-King-
03-30-2021, 11:17 AM
He hasn't been arrested or charged for this incident.

I'm sure they're waiting for the toxicology reports to come back before they move forward.

Oh really? wtf?

Grim
03-30-2021, 11:23 AM
Oh really? wtf?

He went straight from the scene to the hospital and underwent surgery.... probably had a lot to do with them not arresting him then.

Probably doesn't make a lot of sense to arrest him until the toxicology report comes back.

suzzer99
03-30-2021, 11:43 AM
World's slowest toxicology report.

srvy
03-30-2021, 11:51 AM
https://i.imgur.com/R5p9G94.gif?noredirect

dlphg9
03-30-2021, 12:09 PM
Who?

Britt Reid?

Duh.

Anyone that has said anything to me about calling Rabble a racist can kindly go fuck themselves. You're such a worthless racist sub human scummy piece of shit.

eDave
03-30-2021, 12:12 PM
Anyone that has said anything to me about calling Rabble a racist can kindly go fuck themselves. You're such a worthless racist sub human scummy piece of shit.

there's nothing racist in his post.

dlphg9
03-30-2021, 12:28 PM
Where have you seen confirmation the children weren't in their child seats? I have yet to read that.

Regardless, this comes off like someone who doesn't understand:

1) sometimes you may not have an option to leave kids at home or leave someone with them
2) what it's like to be so broke that you have to fill the tank with the cash on hand. (I watched my parents count change to put gas in the car when I was younger. So **** you for talking trash about that).
3) That kids are required to be restrained WHILE the car is in motion. If parked on the shoulder or in a parking lot, keeping them in the seat can be a challenge (especially if parked for a long period of time) and isn't legally required in all jurisdictions. I'm not sure what Missouri laws are for being parked on the side of the road.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/37dc61bb7d5d5365431c85d0d6c58a60/5cd1f25e74648e40-5f/s2048x3072/cb24e68a5994642f1c026ef5e3440f0eefe0a567.pnj

So the kid with the minor injuries was wearing a seatbelt with lap and shoulder band. Ariel is a U which means use unknown. So there is no possible way to know if she was or wasn't in a safety device.

Also look at how much of the SUV that idiot damaged after just plowing into another vehicle. Motherfucker was out of his mind.

RealSNR
03-30-2021, 12:30 PM
I'm not an expert in law but maybe they're waiting to see what happens to the little girl? God forbid she doesn't make it they give him a murder charge? Idk though

Technically that wouldn't be murder. That would be manslaughter.

AdolfOliverBush
03-30-2021, 12:36 PM
Who?

Britt Reid?

Duh.

All of that is irrelevant. If Reid was intoxicated, he's going down.

LoneWolf
03-30-2021, 12:37 PM

Not arguing that you are wrong because I don't know rabble personally, but nothing in his post suggests racism.

dlphg9
03-30-2021, 12:39 PM
there's nothing racist in his post.

You think he says all that shit if it's a white family?

Apparently black people only drive old Impalas and have to have big rims with stereo systems, but with just a few minutes of research you can see that the car is 2009 Chevy Impala. Seems to me RabbleRacist is just assuming that a black guy is driving a 1984 Impala with rims and stereo worth more than the car. He's a fucking idiot.

Sassy Squatch
03-30-2021, 12:42 PM
The vehemence I've seen aimed at the family is a bit odd.

dlphg9
03-30-2021, 12:43 PM
Not arguing that you are wrong because I don't know rabble personally, but nothing in his post suggests racism.

The assumption that since he's black he has to be driving a 1984 Impala with huge rims and an expensive stereo system seems pretty racist to me since he obviously has no fucking clue that the car is a 2009 Impala.

Deberg_1990
03-30-2021, 01:03 PM

Yep. Something is up

Titty Meat
03-30-2021, 01:20 PM
Anyone that has said anything to me about calling Rabble a racist can kindly go **** themselves. You're such a worthless racist sub human scummy piece of shit.

You wanna dance sweetheart? Lets go.

BossChief
03-30-2021, 01:31 PM
He needs to lose his job over this.

I really hope this situation doesn’t effect Andy and his relationship with the team. He clearly wasn’t even there during the Super Bowl.

I bet Clark wants Britt Reid fired...

dlphg9
03-30-2021, 01:35 PM
You wanna dance sweetheart? Lets go.

I don't remember you saying anything to me about it, but if you did, then yeah bruh let's play tummy sticks.

J Diddy
03-30-2021, 01:36 PM
Sounds like the mom is a ****ing idiot who :
1 - didn't leave her kids with a family member
OR
2 - have her kids in a car seat (which is REQUIRED BY LAW)

so...yeah, she broke the law too. Extremely negligent.

And the ****ing deadbeat loser asshole with the Impala that either doesn't know how the ****ing gas gauge works or doesn't have enough money to fill the tank is too ****ing stupid to be allowed to drive.

Seriously.

Darwin dumbassery awards all around.

Like Oprah :

*points at Britt Reid* - "you're a dumbass!"
*points at deadbeat Impala driver* - "you're a dumbass!"
*points at neglectful mother* - "and YOU'RE a dumbass!"

"YOU'RE ALL DUMBASSES!"
https://media0.giphy.com/media/y8Mz1yj13s3kI/giphy.gif

I don't think you're racist. I think you're a dumbass. There's no law about being broken down on the side of the road. There's no requirement that when you're low on gas that you leave your children with a family member, assuming there was someone available. There's no law that children have to be in a car seat until the car is moving.

In terms of Dumbassery, I think you buy the ingredients, take the cake and eat the whole fucking thing.

Sassy Squatch
03-30-2021, 01:36 PM
He needs to lose his job over this.

I really hope this situation doesn’t effect Andy and his relationship with the team. He clearly wasn’t even there during the Super Bowl.

I bet Clark wants Britt Reid fired...
His contract expired so he's no longer with the team.

unlurking
03-30-2021, 01:37 PM

Apparently black people only drive old Impalas and have to have big rims with stereo systems, but with just a few minutes of research you can see that the car is 2009 Chevy Impala. Seems to me RabbleRacist is just assuming that a black guy is driving a 1984 Impala with rims and stereo worth more than the car. He's a fucking idiot.
I kinda picture people more like X-Meth, but hey, go on pushing your opinion of what should or should not be a black stereotype.

eDave
03-30-2021, 01:38 PM
I remember those days of my 84 Caprice Classic that never had over 1/4 tank of gas. Had a kick ass stereo with an separate equalizer. Stock rims though.

<-- White guy

KCUnited
03-30-2021, 01:40 PM
I guess I more closely align Impalas with Latinos

mkp785
03-30-2021, 01:43 PM
Who?

Britt Reid?

Duh.

"I'm not defending Britt Reid but......"

Proceeds to defend Britt Reid.

Don't know if you're racist like what's being tossed around right now but it doesn't matter. Anyone who defends or says anything positive about Britt Reid is garbage.

Andy's kid needs to be in jail....for the next 20+ years. Don't let your fandom get in the way that Britt Reid is human shit and the sooner he's flushed, the better

dlphg9
03-30-2021, 01:44 PM
I kinda picture people more like X-Meth, but hey, go on pushing your opinion of what should or should not be a black stereotype.

You really don't think that is a black stereotype? Then why the fuck did he use it as a description of the guys car?

Sassy Squatch
03-30-2021, 01:44 PM
All this talk about rims has Deshaun Watson hot and bothered.

mkp785
03-30-2021, 01:48 PM
Stopped by to say Britt Reid is a dumb****.

So is cooper. Not as big of a dumb****, but still a dumb**** nonetheless.

^^^^^

Sums up the entire thread.

Rabble you want to join Cooper barret on the pro Britt Reid attempted child murder?

eDave
03-30-2021, 01:51 PM

I honestly didn't even know the race of the victim and still didn't after reading his post. Your reply is what informed me.

srvy
03-30-2021, 01:52 PM

Don't know if you're racist like what's being tossed around right now but it doesn't matter. Anyone who defends or says anything positive about Britt Reid is garbage.

Andy's kid needs to be in jail....for the next 20+ years. Don't let your fandom get in the way that Britt Reid is human shit and the sooner he's flushed, the better

Well, there is this little thing called being charged with something. Also this other messy little bit. That when you are charged you are innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

In your strange world if that makes someone garbage the fuck you.

mkp785
03-30-2021, 01:57 PM
Well, there is this little thing called being charged with something. Also this other messy little bit. That when you are charged you are innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

In your strange world if that makes someone garbage the **** you.

Soooo it was someone else that smashed into that car and almost killed that little girl? Britt didn't admit to drinking before he got behind the wheel.....?

TEX
03-30-2021, 02:02 PM
You really don't think that is a black stereotype? Then why the **** did he use it as a description of the guys car?

You really see it as a Black person stereotype??? Regarding the car, I've personally seen cars like that belonging to many different people... Just because it seems racist to YOU, doesn't mean that it is. Several here have opined that his post is not racist - I'm of that opinion as well. Perhaps you can use this as a way to look inward at your belief system, rather than accuse someone of being racist based on a post where the majority of others who have read it, do not feel as you do. There's a message there. :shrug:

TheMartyr
03-30-2021, 02:07 PM

The Steve Bono 76 yard TD run of toxicology reports.

srvy
03-30-2021, 02:18 PM
Soooo it was someone else that smashed into that car and almost killed that little girl? Britt didn't admit to drinking before he got behind the wheel.....?

People smash into other cars all the time. On your other point, he has not been charged yet with driving while intoxicated. When and if he is he will have his day in court.

mkp785
03-30-2021, 02:43 PM
People smash into other cars all the time. On your other point, he has not been charged yet with driving while intoxicated. When and if he is he will have his day in court.

So you're defending him. That's fine. I'm not a fan of attempted kiddie murderers. But you do you.

Britt is trash.

duncan_idaho
03-30-2021, 02:55 PM
Why are people expecting the results of the toxicology report in an active investigation/criminal proceeding to be made public? It may make its way into the public once its entered into court as evidence.

1) It would be a HIPAA violation for anyone other than Reid to release it
2) Police/DA have nothing to gain from releasing it. It's a critical part of a case against Reid.

Sassy Squatch
03-30-2021, 03:01 PM
Admitted to the police he'd been drinking, and had some Adderall in his system as well. Regardless of how it plays out in court, he's an absolute piece of shit for operating a vehicle in that state. The fact he ruined a young girls life in the process....

srvy
03-30-2021, 03:04 PM
So you're defending him. That's fine. I'm not a fan of attempted kiddie murderers. But you do you.

Britt is trash.

Not defending anyone just the constitution. The same rights afforded to me and you.

We are not privy to any info to make a judgment of guilt or innocence. If you want to call him a POS I guess have at it. For me I will wait till all the facts are out.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-30-2021, 03:05 PM

Britt is trash.

You're such a righteous dude with a great moral compass...:rolleyes:

First of all you are dumb as a box of rocks if you think this is any form of attempted Murder... You are saying that Britt Reid purposely intended to hit the car and hurt the child...

Secondly, no one here is defending Britt Reid, we are defending the system that states he is innocent until proven guilty. Most on here think he most likely is culpable for the events that evening , whether he was intoxicated or not, however, we don't have the facts. We don't know if he was intoxicated, we don't know where the cars were parked and if their lights were on. There will be no cover up, no getting off easy for Britt Reid if he is culpable.

But hey, I'm not a fan of folks judging before all the facts are out (you know like Tyreek), but hey, you do you...

Baby Lee
03-30-2021, 03:38 PM

First of all you are dumb as a box of rocks if you think this is any form of attempted Murder... You are saying that Britt Reid purposely intended to hit the car and hurt the child...

Secondly, no one here is defending Britt Reid, we are defending the system that states he is innocent until proven guilty. Most on here think he most likely is culpable for the events that evening , whether he was intoxicated or not, however, we don't have the facts. We don't know if he was intoxicated, we don't know where the cars were parked and if their lights were on. There will be no cover up, no getting off easy for Britt Reid if he is culpable.

But hey, I'm not a fan of folks judging before all the facts are out (you know like Tyreek), but hey, you do you...

It's a schtick, not a very good one.

Attempted murder is wholly incompatible with an intoxication charge. So his assertion is gibberish. If there is anything Reid is culpable for, it's operating a motor vehicle impaired. If that's his wrongdoing, it negates the prima facie elements of knowing attempted criminal activity such as murder. And if attempted murder is his wrongdoing, it negates the prima facie elements of impaired operation of a motor vehicle.

Al Czervik
03-30-2021, 06:38 PM

Britt is trash.

Attempted Kiddie Murderers?????

Gotta believe your brain damage occurred during birth.
Shitty troll or a completed Brain Dead Fuck. One or the other....

eDave
03-30-2021, 06:41 PM

Britt is trash.

Attempted murder? GTFO. I like you man but I'm not sure why anyone is even responding to this goofiness.

BossChief
03-30-2021, 06:45 PM
His contract expired so he's no longer with the team.

That’s a blessing. Thanks, I didn’t know that.

ClevelandBronco
03-30-2021, 10:52 PM

The man reportedly admitted that he had consumed intoxicating beverages. That mean he was, by definition, intoxicated. What we don’t know is whether his level of intoxication was below or above the legal limit.

I get what you mean, but it’s not accurate to declare that he may not have been intoxicated.

TribalElder
03-30-2021, 10:56 PM
the legal limit is the basis for determining if he was intoxicated

eDave
03-30-2021, 11:01 PM

Intoxicated or impaired?

dlphg9
03-30-2021, 11:06 PM
You really see it as a Black person stereotype??? Regarding the car, I've personally seen cars like that belonging to many different people... Just because it seems racist to YOU, doesn't mean that it is. Several here have opined that his post is not racist - I'm of that opinion as well. Perhaps you can use this as a way to look inward at your belief system, rather than accuse someone of being racist based on a post where the majority of others who have read it, do not feel as you do. There's a message there. :shrug:

Watch a fucking rap video. All kinds of black people driving around with big rims. I don't give a shit what a bunch of people on this site say. Dude hates black people.

ClevelandBronco
03-30-2021, 11:16 PM

The English language is the basis for determining if he was intoxicated. The legal limit is the basis for determining if he was legally intoxicated.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-31-2021, 09:24 AM
The man reportedly admitted that he had consumed intoxicating beverages. That mean he was, by definition, intoxicated. What we don’t know is whether his level of intoxication was below or above the legal limit.

I get what you mean, but it’s not accurate to declare that he may not have been intoxicated.

Yes, as anyone with a half of brain would have realized what I was saying... but thanks for clarifying for MKP785.

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-31-2021, 09:31 AM
The English language is the basis for determining if he was intoxicated. The legal limit is the basis for determining if he was legally intoxicated.

You're intoxicating. :grouphug:

stevieray
03-31-2021, 09:31 AM
I don't give a shit what a bunch of people on this site say.

LMAO

suzzer99
03-31-2021, 09:43 AM

That's not how it works. Officers can determine impaired driving was at fault even if the offender was below the legal limit.

TEX
03-31-2021, 10:03 AM
Watch a ****ing rap video. All kinds of black people driving around with big rims. I don't give a shit what a bunch of people on this site say. Dude hates black people.

Again, because IF YOU SAY SO - IT MUST BE TRUTH! Nevermind what others think or anyone who disagrees with you... This is such a prime example of why you, and people who think like you, are the problem. Thanks for playing...

dj56dt58
03-31-2021, 10:15 AM
I don't think you're racist. I think you're a dumbass. There's no law about being broken down on the side of the road. There's no requirement that when you're low on gas that you leave your children with a family member, assuming there was someone available. There's no law that children have to be in a car seat until the car is moving.

In terms of Dumbassery, I think you buy the ingredients, take the cake and eat the whole ****ing thing.

But there can be consequences

dj56dt58
03-31-2021, 10:17 AM

do you have access to the toxicology report? Please share it

ClevelandBronco
03-31-2021, 12:52 PM
That's not how it works. Officers can determine impaired driving was at fault even if the offender was below the legal limit.

I know that this isn’t really in keeping with the terms of discussion on CP, but I’d prefer that you wait until I say something about impairment before you tell me I’m wrong about it.

SupDock
03-31-2021, 02:05 PM

Is that true? I thought you could be ruled to be legally "intoxicated" without reaching a quantitative lab level.

Unless by legal limit you also mean your scores/behavior during field sobriety testing.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-31-2021, 02:08 PM

Correct, but that's definitely a much higher hurdle depending on the intoxication levels and the other factors outside of toxicology in regards to the accident.