PDA

View Full Version : Football Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sofa King
02-10-2021, 01:40 PM
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-brown-requests-trade-from-ravens-wants-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-10-2021, 01:41 PM
How exactly will they do this. Cap wise and pick wise??

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 01:42 PM
Ravens fans will be big mad if we steal from Lamar to give to Mahomes LMAO

mkp785
02-10-2021, 01:44 PM
I'm guessing that a team like Jacksonville would jump at the chance to add a LT like Brown to protect TL. They have the draft capital and money available to make it happen easier then anyone else in the league. We're lacking in both those departments.

smithandrew051
02-10-2021, 01:45 PM
We trade for this piece of shit yet?

TNTEICHER
02-10-2021, 01:47 PM
The reason he wants to be on the left is big $$$$$$. Pass

New World Order
02-10-2021, 01:50 PM
We trade for this piece of shit yet?

Time to fire this thread up

In58men
02-10-2021, 01:50 PM
Heard he was spotted at KCI

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 01:51 PM
Chiefs are about to clear big money with Fisher and Schwartz coming off the books.

$18 million.

We can afford Brown.

Sassy Squatch
02-10-2021, 01:54 PM
Ravens wouldn't trade him to us regardless even if we did have the capital to make a competitive trade offer

Sofa King
02-10-2021, 01:54 PM
Do we lose the Superbowl with Brown at LT?

Sofa King
02-10-2021, 01:55 PM
Ravens wouldn't trade him to us regardless even if we did have the capital to make a competitive trade offer

Why not? The Dolphins and Texans made a trade. Why wouldn't the Ravens do the same?

smithandrew051
02-10-2021, 01:55 PM
Time to fire this thread up

How many posts is this going to take?

Sassy Squatch
02-10-2021, 01:56 PM
Do we lose the Superbowl with Brown at LT?
Probably. Skill position players had their heads up their fucking asses.

TEX
02-10-2021, 01:57 PM
Why not? The Dolphins and Texans made a trade. Why wouldn't the Ravens do the same?

Because we own them and they're not going to help us get better.

smithandrew051
02-10-2021, 01:58 PM
Because we own them and they're not going to help us get better.

Also, Texans Planet had a thread with 5,000 posts on the subject. We’re going to need at least that to get the deal done.

Chris Meck
02-10-2021, 01:59 PM
Chiefs are about to clear big money with Fisher and Schwartz coming off the books.

$18 million.

We can afford Brown.

I don't think we can just clear them off the books.

Sassy Squatch
02-10-2021, 01:59 PM
Because we're still at the top of the AFC and they're not making a move to potentially strengthen our position even more. The Dolphins and Texans playing footsie in the doldrums of the AFC is different.

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 02:04 PM
I don't think we can just clear them off the books.

We cut them both. We save $18 mil against the cap. Simple.

After that, cutting Damien Williams or Anthony Hitchens will get us in the black on cap space.

Then it's up to Veach to get creative with restructuring.

Sassy Squatch
02-10-2021, 02:04 PM
Can't just cut injured players, bro.

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 02:05 PM
Can't just cut injured players, bro.

This isn't Madden.

Both will be coming off the books in 2021, one way or the other.

FloridaMan88
02-10-2021, 02:06 PM
Maybe it’s not a direct, apples to apples comparison, but if the Rams can find a way to dump Goff and his massive contract for Stafford (and without having any first round draft picks this year), then there is no such thing anymore as an impossible trade to make.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 02:10 PM
This isn't Madden.

Both will be coming off the books in 2021, one way or the other.

Only if they decide to quit. Both are under contract and have all the leverage. The Chiefs can't just cut them. Sorry.

The Franchise
02-10-2021, 02:10 PM

After that, cutting Damien Williams or Anthony Hitchens will get us in the black on cap space.

They aren’t cutting either of those guys. Referring to Williams and Hitchens.

Tribal Warfare
02-10-2021, 02:12 PM
The reason he wants to be on the left is big $$$$$$. Pass Block Motherfucker

FYP

TEX
02-10-2021, 02:12 PM

Why cut Damian Williams? He and CEH will be nails. We missed him this season. They won't cut Hitchens.

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 02:14 PM
Why cut Damian Williams? He and CEH will be nails. We missed him this season. They won't cut Hitchens.

Tough decisions coming. Gotta get in the black somehow.

Tribal Warfare
02-10-2021, 02:15 PM

Damien is 29 years old and will want to get paid because of his SB LIV performance.

The Franchise
02-10-2021, 02:16 PM
Damien is 29 years old and will want to get paid because of his SB LIV performance.

He’s under contract. The fuck are you talking about?

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 02:17 PM
Only if they decide to quit. Both are under contract and have all the leverage. The Chiefs can't just cut them. Sorry.

Chiefs have no choice but to get rid of both.

One way or the other, it will happen.

Tribal Warfare
02-10-2021, 02:17 PM
He’s under contract. The fuck are you talking about?

Next year is his contract year which would've been this year if it wasn't for the opt out

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 02:24 PM
Chiefs have no choice but to get rid of both.

One way or the other, it will happen.

They don't have a choice but to keep them.

They're both under contract and finished the season injured.

They can't be cut.

The players hold all the cards.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 02:24 PM
Next year is his contract year which would've been this year if it wasn't for the opt out

He'll be here in 2021.

Tribal Warfare
02-10-2021, 02:26 PM
He'll be here in 2021.

Yes, and it's his last year of his contract too which is what I was inferring

The Franchise
02-10-2021, 02:27 PM

So he’s going to hold out for more money in his final year?

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 02:30 PM

Clay said they should cut him. I don't think there's much of a chance of that.

Do you? Or are you just saying they should wait out his contract and move on after next season?

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 02:31 PM
They don't have a choice but to keep them.

They won't be here. The Chiefs can't afford them. Look at the cap FFS.

Injury settlement with both players most likely.

Tribal Warfare
02-10-2021, 02:31 PM
So he’s going to hold out for more money in his final year?

Never thought of that, but considering his family situation that could happen

The Franchise
02-10-2021, 02:32 PM
Never thought of that, but considering his family situation that could happen

I highly doubt that’s how it happens. He opted out. He’s still under contract. If he holds out....then he can get cut.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 02:34 PM
They won't be here. The Chiefs can't afford them. Look at the cap FFS.

Injury settlement with both players most likely.

A "settlement" requires the consent of both parties.

You do realize the Chiefs can't reach an injury settlement unilaterally, right?

I know what their cap hits are. I also know that the Chiefs can't do anything until

1) the players are healthy and can be cut or
2) the players themselves decide to do something.

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 02:35 PM
It really doesn't matter. This is the simplest way for them to clear the money that they need to clear.

You got a better way? LMAO

Tribal Warfare
02-10-2021, 02:36 PM
Clay said they should cut him. I don't think there's much of a chance of that.

Do you? Or are you just saying they should wait out his contract and move on after next season?

I'm saying that the Chiefs need to look at drafting or signing his replacement, because Damien shouldn't be in the plans after 2021

The Franchise
02-10-2021, 02:36 PM
It really doesn't matter. This is the simplest way for them to clear the money that they need to clear.

Extend Mathieu.
Extend Hill.
Restructure Mahomes.
Restructure Jones.

Want me to keep going?

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 02:41 PM
Extend Mathieu.
Extend Hill.
Restructure Mahomes.
Restructure Jones.

Want me to keep going?

They're probably going to have to do this as well as cut these two OTs.

Remember, cutting them only gets you barely below the cap.

I'd say you see Veach cut both OTs and do 2-3 deal restructures/extensions in order to bring in Brown and some other free agents.

This will be a fun offseason.

But make no mistake - getting rid of Fisher AND Schwartz will be the key.

And it will happen.

Kman34
02-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Mitch will retire and yes I believe we will part ways with Fisher with an injury settlement.. Cap space will have to be made somehow and there too many health questions with these two..

TEX
02-10-2021, 02:46 PM
I'm saying that the Chiefs need to look at drafting or signing his replacement, because Damien shouldn't be in the plans after 2021

Makes sense for after 2021. Not for next season though IMO.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 02:47 PM

That's not the point.

It's not a way for them to clear that money at all. They can't cut them. It's not allowed.

So they'll have to find a better way or they have to HOPE the players oblige.

It's that simple.

I get you - I'd LOVE to get rid of both of them AND their cap hit. But you can't just cut injured players. The CBA doesn't allow it.

TEX
02-10-2021, 02:48 PM
They're probably going to have to do this as well as cut these two OTs.

Remember, cutting them only gets you barely below the cap.

I'd say you see Veach cut both OTs and do 2-3 deal restructures/extensions in order to bring in Brown and some other free agents.

This will be a fun offseason.

But make no mistake - getting rid of Fisher AND Schwartz will be the key.

And it will happen.

He'll figure something out. In Brian Veepe we trust!

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 02:49 PM
Mitch will retire and yes I believe we will part ways with Fisher with an injury settlement.. Cap space will have to be made somehow and there too many health questions with these two..

I think Schwartz will retire as well but again, that's entirely up to him. The Chiefs can't force him to do anything.

As for Fisher, an injury settlement requires him to agree. So unless he AGREES to be cut and get paid for his injury, that won't happen.

wazu
02-10-2021, 02:53 PM
Pass

Icon
02-10-2021, 02:58 PM
This situation could work in our favor another way. Perhaps a team that needs a tackle that drafts in front of us will trade for Brown which increases the chance one of the blue chip tackles makes it to us at 31 in round one.

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 03:06 PM
I get you - I'd LOVE to get rid of both of them AND their cap hit. But you can't just cut injured players. The CBA doesn't allow it.

Sure, sure. They'll both be gone.

This is the way.

Hammock Parties
02-10-2021, 03:07 PM
He'll figure something out. In Brian Veepe we trust!

This is correct.

Veach will slash our offensive tackles.

And we will save eighteen million dollars.

This will happen.

TomBarndtsTwin
02-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Lol. Don't see the Ravens trading him to their biggest competition in the AFC and the team that is in the way of where they want to get to. The Chiefs would have to pay a FAR bigger price (draft pick wise) to get them to trade him here. The only team less likely for him to be traded to would probably be the Steelers.

That said, dude seems like he's all about the money, above all else. He doesn't sound very 'flexible' if the need were to arise. Like say, if Fish were to return and they wanted to kick him (brown) to the right side to take over for the injured (or possibly retired) Mitchell Schwartz. Not the kind of guy we need on our team.

Sofa King
02-10-2021, 07:23 PM
Lol

Sassy Squatch
02-10-2021, 07:29 PM
Lol
https://media.tenor.com/images/a7d8b033c03f5c0d398685d5b3545a26/tenor.gif

Chief Roundup
02-10-2021, 08:12 PM
Extend Mathieu.
Extend Hill.
Restructure Mahomes.
Restructure Jones.

Want me to keep going?

You don't extend Hill until next year maybe. You don't restructure Mahomes when we are just entering the first year of his new deal. We just signed Jones you don't restructure him this soon either.
We could definitely Clark but they may want to move on from him after next year.
We will not be on the hook, cap wise, for all of Fishers contract. The cap hit will only be on the games he plays and the prorated signing bonus.

staylor26
02-10-2021, 08:12 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/a7d8b033c03f5c0d398685d5b3545a26/tenor.gif

Didn’t mean to downvote.

CoMoChief
02-10-2021, 09:24 PM
I'm probably the least cap knowledgeable person on this board.

But if Veach could find a way to make this happen. I'd def be on board.

Chiefs need a LT for next year. It's that simple. Fisher will probably miss all of next season. Who knows about Schwartz. Either way...tackle desperately needs addressed this offseason.

htismaqe
02-10-2021, 11:21 PM
I'm probably the least cap knowledgeable person on this board.

But if Veach could find a way to make this happen. I'd def be on board.

Chiefs need a LT for next year. It's that simple. Fisher will probably miss all of next season. Who knows about Schwartz. Either way...tackle desperately needs addressed this offseason.

If you're trading for Brown, it's not for next year. It means you're replacing Fisher. Not sure they're ready to do that.

Titty Meat
02-10-2021, 11:40 PM
No thanks

Tribal Warfare
02-11-2021, 02:39 PM
Lol. Don't see the Ravens trading him to their biggest competition in the AFC and the team that is in the way of where they want to get to. The Chiefs would have to pay a FAR bigger price (draft pick wise) to get them to trade him here. The only team less likely for him to be traded to would probably be the Steelers.

That said, dude seems like he's all about the money, above all else. He doesn't sound very 'flexible' if the need were to arise. Like say, if Fish were to return and they wanted to kick him (brown) to the right side to take over for the injured (or possibly retired) Mitchell Schwartz. Not the kind of guy we need on our team.

The Ravens' greatest competition is any team in the 2nd round of the playoffs

Hammock Parties
02-11-2021, 02:40 PM
If you're trading for Brown, it's not for next year. It means you're replacing Fisher. Not sure they're ready to do that.

Fisher isn't lining up in red and gold next season.

There will be a new starter at LT. And probably RT.

BossChief
02-11-2021, 02:45 PM
I’d think about extending Fisher with a creative deal with a trap door after the second year.

The average of the top 10 LTs as the aav and a 5 year deal.

Spread the cap hit and ensure he stays in KC to finish his career if he’s healthy and allows us flexibility this upcoming year.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2021, 02:48 PM
Yes it would be great to have a 31 year old LT with a history of injuries playing on a repaired achilles as Mahomes enters his prime.

That is exactly what good GMs do.

Just fucking dump the brokedicks and be done with it.

bobhill
02-11-2021, 02:55 PM
Dump fish , Schwartz, and Ldt . Replace the right side with Durant (rg)Niang (rt). You have Alingretti at (lg) . Draft or free agent a Lt and Center.

TEX
02-11-2021, 03:12 PM

I think so too. But I think they'll get a stop-gap at LT and wait on Fish. Not what I'd do though.

Titty Meat
02-11-2021, 03:47 PM

You cant cut an injured player. He'll be back by November or December.

htismaqe
02-11-2021, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure how many times it has to be said but you can't cut an injured player.

Fisher and Schwartz are on this team until THEY decide not to be. The Chiefs have no say until they're healthy or they quit.

Hammock Parties
02-11-2021, 04:05 PM
You cant cut an injured player. He'll be back by November or December.

This actually doesn't matter!

Fisher will not be back.

Gone, in some way.

htismaqe
02-11-2021, 04:09 PM
This actually doesn't matter!

Fisher will not be back.

Gone, in some way.

Keep hope alive, brother.

Wisconsin_Chief
02-12-2021, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I don't really care what kind of witchcraft Veach and Andy need to work on the cap. Injury settlements with both guys seems possible. They have been very loyal Chiefs and the team has been very loyal to them.

Whatever it takes, something needs to happen. I'm not watching Mahomes go into next year with two gimpy, 30+ year old tackles taking up $20 million in cap room to not even play a snap while Mike fucking Remmers is trying to block the best edge rushers in football.

Priority 1A, 1B and 1C should be acquiring massive, road grating, ass kicking offensive linemen in any way possible. I don't care what you think our other needs are, every single one of them can be made basically irrelevant by protecting Mahomes. It literally almost brought a god damn tear to my eye watching that kid get his ass beaten down in the Super Bowl. Andy should be ashamed of himself for watching that happen.

It simply cannot be allowed ever again. End of discussion. Whatever needs to happen, I want 2 world class tackles defending Mahomes. If the Chiefs don't make that happen, they deserve whatever they get.

Dull Tools
02-12-2021, 07:59 AM
I am not sure why people are so keen to get rid of a Pro Bowl left tackle. I think you have to give time to recover and he should be fit for the second half of the regular season.

I agree we need to restructure his contract though.

htismaqe
02-12-2021, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I don't really care what kind of witchcraft Veach and Andy need to work on the cap. Injury settlements with both guys seems possible. They have been very loyal Chiefs and the team has been very loyal to them.

Whatever it takes, something needs to happen. I'm not watching Mahomes go into next year with two gimpy, 30+ year old tackles taking up $20 million in cap room to not even play a snap while Mike fucking Remmers is trying to block the best edge rushers in football.

Priority 1A, 1B and 1C should be acquiring massive, road grating, ass kicking offensive linemen in any way possible. I don't care what you think our other needs are, every single one of them can be made basically irrelevant by protecting Mahomes. It literally almost brought a god damn tear to my eye watching that kid get his ass beaten down in the Super Bowl. Andy should be ashamed of himself for watching that happen.

It simply cannot be allowed ever again. End of discussion. Whatever needs to happen, I want 2 world class tackles defending Mahomes. If the Chiefs don't make that happen, they deserve whatever they get.

You're going to be very disappointed this offseason.

Even if they find 5 new offensive linemen somewhere, none of them are going to be massive, road grading offensive linemen. Andy Reid doesn't even draft that type of guy.

Wisconsin_Chief
02-12-2021, 09:12 AM
You're going to be very disappointed this offseason.

Even if they find 5 new offensive linemen somewhere, none of them are going to be massive, road grading offensive linemen. Andy Reid doesn't even draft that type of guy.

Won't be me that's disappointed, it'll be Reid and KC when Mahomes pulls a Russell Wilson and starts nudging his way out because Andy is obsessed with these weak, unskilled 7th round project type offensive lineman for some absurd reason.

I'm sick of hearing about Andy's 'type of guys.' This isn't Andy's team anymore, it's Mahomes' team. They need to build around him with the type of players who help him the most, not the ones who fit Andy's tricky little scheme.

I'm also tired of hearing how it takes WRs 2-3 years to learn Reid's system. Then simplify the damn system. You don't need to be so complex when you have Jordan at QB. Just put the best players around him and let him win games for you.

siberian khatru
02-12-2021, 09:17 AM
Won't be me that's disappointed, it'll be Reid and KC when Mahomes pulls a Russell Wilson and starts nudging his way out because Andy is obsessed with these weak, unskilled 7th round project type offensive lineman for some absurd reason.

I'm sick of hearing about Andy's 'type of guys.' This isn't Andy's team anymore, it's Mahomes' team. They need to build around him with the type of players who help him the most, not the ones who fit Andy's tricky little scheme.

I'm also tired of hearing how it takes WRs 2-3 years to learn Reid's system. Then simplify the damn system. You don't need to be so complex when you have Jordan at QB. Just put the best players around him and let him win games for you.

So you want to do the antithesis of what Reid has done successfully, by adding "road-grading OL" and "simplifying the offense"? Wouldn't it just be easier if you fired Reid and brought in a coach who does things your way?

Sofa King
02-12-2021, 09:21 AM
Fisher and Schwartz are cheap as fuck too. Look at how much money tackles are making, they’re not expensive like the top tackles are.

Wisconsin_Chief
02-12-2021, 09:35 AM
So you want to do the antithesis of what Reid has done successfully, by adding "road-grading OL" and "simplifying the offense"? Wouldn't it just be easier if you fired Reid and brought in a coach who does things your way?

I obviously do not want to fire Reid, I'm just saying it's time to just start worrying more about building around Mahomes than worrying about if they fit Reid's system. If Andy is really such a genius he can make things work.

Look at a guy like Osemele before he got hurt. He obviously wasn't an ideal fit according to what Andy generally looks for in guards, but he was by far our best interior linemen before he went down. The guy was just mauling people.

We need more like him who will actually intimidate people so they will be afraid to kick the shit out of our QB. That's all.

Wisconsin_Chief
02-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Fisher and Schwartz are cheap as **** too. Look at how much money tackles are making, they’re not expensive like the top tackles are.

Correct, and if they were healthy we wouldn't be having this conversation.

htismaqe
02-12-2021, 11:36 AM

We won our first Super Bowl in 50 years just 1 year ago. We made our 2nd Super Bowl in 50 years last week.

And this?

Wow dude. Maybe switch to decaf?

htismaqe
02-12-2021, 11:37 AM
I obviously do not want to fire Reid, I'm just saying it's time to just start worrying more about building around Mahomes than worrying about if they fit Reid's system. If Andy is really such a genius he can make things work.

Look at a guy like Osemele before he got hurt. He obviously wasn't an ideal fit according to what Andy generally looks for in guards, but he was by far our best interior linemen before he went down. The guy was just mauling people.

We need more like him who will actually intimidate people so they will be afraid to kick the shit out of our QB. That's all.

Keleche Osemele was a college left tackle. He's not a mauler and never was. Does he play with power? Yes, but he's a finesse player that happens to have size and strength.

staylor26
02-12-2021, 11:37 AM

:facepalm:

The Franchise
02-12-2021, 11:39 AM
This isn’t Andy’s team? It’s Mahomes team?

Come on now.

duncan_idaho
02-12-2021, 11:40 AM
You don't extend Hill until next year maybe. You don't restructure Mahomes when we are just entering the first year of his new deal. We just signed Jones you don't restructure him this soon either.
We could definitely Clark but they may want to move on from him after next year.
We will not be on the hook, cap wise, for all of Fishers contract. The cap hit will only be on the games he plays and the prorated signing bonus.

With the way Mahomes and Jones deals were created - with no signing bonuses - they are ripe for immediate restructures.

If they had just signed with huge signing bonuses, yeah, it would be too painful to restructure a year later.

But those deals were made mid-pandemic, when it was clear the 21 cap might be affected. The Chiefs planned ahead.

They can easily restructure those guys and clear $25M in cap room.

Hill’s deal was very team-friendly and didn’t feature a large signing bonus. He could have a few years racked on, too.

Extend Mathieu a few years.

And there’s the cap room.

The most beneficial situation for Fisher is probably working out a small extension with KC that gives him time to rehab and doesn’t drop him into FA the year after he blew his Achilles.

htismaqe
02-12-2021, 11:44 AM
I'd leave Clark's contract alone and let him hit FA after 2021.

Chris Meck
02-12-2021, 12:43 PM
I'd leave Clark's contract alone and let him hit FA after 2021.

Yup.

Wisconsin_Chief
02-12-2021, 12:58 PM
We won our first Super Bowl in 50 years just 1 year ago. We made our 2nd Super Bowl in 50 years last week.

And this?

Wow dude. Maybe switch to decaf?

Yes, I'm a little riled up after watching our once in a generation QB get pulverized to an extent that I never want to see again. I don't want to 'wait' on Fisher and Schwartz and just plug in some rookie or mid tier free agent hoping those guys will be back up to form when odds are they will never get back to where they were.

Yes, I'm a little upset with Andy for watching our tackles get beaten in an embarrassing fashion while doing nothing to help them. It was utterly ridiculous.

All I'm basically getting at is we need to prioritize o-line over anything this offseason and I'd like to see Andy show a little flexibility in his system so we don't have to be so particular with OL and WR and can just plug and play talented guys. That's all.

htismaqe
02-12-2021, 01:01 PM
I'm sure they'll put some work into the offensive line.

But the priority has to be the team, not one unit.

They're not going to sell the farm to overhaul the offensive line. I'm sure they'll make moves but if you're expecting them to move mountains, I wouldn't.

DT#58
02-12-2021, 02:09 PM

Whatever it takes, something needs to happen. I'm not watching Mahomes go into next year with two gimpy, 30+ year old tackles taking up $20 million in cap room to not even play a snap while Mike ****ing Remmers is trying to block the best edge rushers in football.

Yes, the top priority absolutely has to be to rebuild the Oline.
When you have a $500 million dollar investment, protecting that investment take precedent over any other areas of need.
The thinking that having an average or below Oline is sufficient because Mahomes can bail the offence out has to stop.
Of the first 5 rounds of the draft, at least 2 of those picks must be Olinemen

htismaqe
02-12-2021, 02:31 PM
When you have a $500 million dollar investment, protecting that investment take precedent over any other areas of need.
The thinking that having an average or below Oline is sufficient because Mahomes can bail the offence out has to stop.

Nope.

They need to stay with their board. Picking OL just to pick OL is how you end up with an expensive line that doesn't improve.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2021, 02:38 PM
Brown makes perfect sense for the Jags

staylor26
02-12-2021, 02:41 PM
Brown makes perfect sense for the Jags

Yea they can just send them pick #25 and be done with it.

Lawrence and your LT locked in.

DT#58
02-12-2021, 03:53 PM
Nope.

They need to stay with their board. Picking OL just to pick OL is how you end up with an expensive line that doesn't improve.

Nope?
The primary need on this team is OT.
If theres a first round graded OT at 31 you take him.
And before round 5 you take at least one other Olineman.
How in the world does that not improve the Oline?
To assume you end up with an expensive Oline thats crap is saying the team doesnt know how to draft talent.
Really thats a indictment on Vietch.

htismaqe
02-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Nope?
The primary need on this team is OT.
If theres a first round graded OT at 31 you take him.
And before round 5 you take at least one other Olineman.
How in the world does that not improve the Oline?
To assume you end up with an expensive Oline thats crap is saying the team doesnt know how to draft talent.
Really thats a indictment on Vietch.

You NEVER go into the draft saying that at least 2 of your first 5 picks MUST be a certain position.

That's not how a good team approaches the draft, period.

Now, you've clarified to say that if there's a 1st-round graded OT there at 31 you take him. I agree with that.

I simply do not agree that they MUST do anything in the draft. There's also free agency and before they can do any of it, they have to figure out what the plan is for Fisher.

TEX
02-12-2021, 04:50 PM

I'd use FA as part of the O-Line rebuild. That way you KNOW what you're getting. Use the draft for depth and BAP. Don't be pigeon holed into "having" to take players of need. It's how you get into trouble. Remember Scott Pioli's 1st pick...YIKES!

DT#58
02-12-2021, 05:06 PM
Ok saying the Chiefs must take 2 Olinemen in their first 5 picks is maybe simplyfing things.
But the fact is The Oline is the most glaring weakness on this team, and its not even close. Need for an edge rusher, and a #2 WR after that.
Sure there are variables yet to be determined such as the health of both Fisher and Schwartz and free agency.
But protecting your franchise QB with a top Oline, especially a left OT is paramount.
Thats the attitude Vietch and Reid must have in the draft.

TEX
02-12-2021, 05:25 PM
Ok saying the Chiefs must take 2 Olinemen in their first 5 picks is maybe simplyfing things.
But the fact is The Oline is the most glaring weakness on this team, and its not even close. Need for an edge rusher, and a #2 WR after that.
Sure there are variables yet to be determined such as the health of both Fisher and Schwartz and free agency.
But protecting your franchise QB with a top Oline, especially a left OT is paramount.
Thats the attitude Vietch and Reid must have in the draft.

I'd be fine IF Veach fixed the OL. In fact, if that's all he did, and it turned out to be a solid fix, I'd be happy. Because it would mean that Mahomes would have protection and he could be Mahomes. Our WR's would have more time to get open while Mahomes was being Mahomes. Our run game would be better (providing Reid committed to effectively run), while Mahomes was being Mahomes. It all points to if Mahomes is protected, he CAN make up fo deficiencies in other places. Even he can't do that with what KC played with in the Super Bowl.

But just imagine if, in addition to building a stellar OL, that Veach did other things too, like get an edge rusher opposite Clark...:)

J Diddy
02-12-2021, 06:01 PM
I'd be fine IF Veach fixed the OL. In fact, if that's all he did, and it turned out to be a solid fix, I'd be happy. Because it would mean that Mahomes would have protection and he could be Mahomes. Our WR's would have more time to get open while Mahomes was being Mahomes. Our run game would be better (providing Reid committed to effectively run), while Mahomes was being Mahomes. It all points to if Mahomes is protected, he CAN make up fo deficiencies in other places. Even he can't do that with what KC played with in the Super Bowl.

But just imagine if, in addition to building a stellar OL, that Veach did other things too, like get an edge rusher opposite Clark...:)

It's cute that you think Clark is an edge rusher.

TEX
02-12-2021, 06:05 PM

It's even cuter that you think that you can read. :rolleyes:

staylor26
02-12-2021, 06:12 PM

Umm how the fuck is he not an edge rusher?

Wisconsin_Chief
02-12-2021, 06:48 PM
It really truly sucks that all of a sudden we need to replace our two Pro Bowl caliber tackles at once. And it’s not like you can just cut them and move on. They’re both sitting on injuries and you possibly have to figure out what the hell to do to work around their salaries.

Such a “because Chiefs” thing to happen.

Sofa King
03-11-2021, 09:36 AM
Seems like a good time to bump this.

Baby Lee
03-11-2021, 09:47 AM
It really truly sucks that all of a sudden we need to replace our two Pro Bowl caliber tackles at once. And it’s not like you can just cut them and move on. They’re both sitting on injuries and you possibly have to figure out what the hell to do to work around their salaries.

Such a “because Chiefs” thing to happen.

Alternatively, . . . just listen for a minute!!

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/entourage/images/d/da/What-about-bob-04-1024.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20110815230727

Sofa King
03-11-2021, 10:01 AM
https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-trade-rumors-updates/

NFL trade rumors: Ravens will only move Orlando Brown for a top-40 pick
Pro Bowl offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. requests trade from Baltimore Ravens

The Baltimore Ravens find themselves in a less-than-stellar situation with starting right tackle Orlando Brown Jr. He took over for an injured Ronnie Stanley at left tackle last season and continued to dominate the trenches. Brown has since requested a trade and wants to be a franchise blindside protector.

Whether that means the two-time Pro Bowler will be traded remains to be seen. Reports out of Baltimore are that the Ravens want a top-40 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. If they don’t get it, John Harbaugh and Co. are willing to let Brown play out the final season of his contract and receive a compensatory pick when Brown leaves for free agency.

Looking at it logically, the New York Jets and Carolina Panthers are two teams picking at the top of Round 2 who would make sense for Brown.

Rain Man
03-11-2021, 10:08 AM
https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-trade-rumors-updates/

NFL trade rumors: Ravens will only move Orlando Brown for a top-40 pick
Pro Bowl offensive tackle Orlando Brown Jr. requests trade from Baltimore Ravens

The Baltimore Ravens find themselves in a less-than-stellar situation with starting right tackle Orlando Brown Jr. He took over for an injured Ronnie Stanley at left tackle last season and continued to dominate the trenches. Brown has since requested a trade and wants to be a franchise blindside protector.

Whether that means the two-time Pro Bowler will be traded remains to be seen. Reports out of Baltimore are that the Ravens want a top-40 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. If they don’t get it, John Harbaugh and Co. are willing to let Brown play out the final season of his contract and receive a compensatory pick when Brown leaves for free agency.

Looking at it logically, the New York Jets and Carolina Panthers are two teams picking at the top of Round 2 who would make sense for Brown.

If the guy can play LT at a high level, that's easily worth a top 40 pick, especially where our pick is. Good LTs are not common.

Sofa King
03-11-2021, 10:11 AM
If the guy can play LT at a high level, that's easily worth a top 40 pick, especially where our pick is. Good LTs are not common.

Hypothetically, if this were true, I'd see veach flipping a 2nd rounder + something next year. probably another 2nd or 3rd.

bobhill
03-11-2021, 10:11 AM
Trent Williams

FloridaMan88
03-11-2021, 10:18 AM
How is Brown's pass blocking?

He wasn't asked to do much pass blocking in the Ravens run-often offense.

htismaqe
03-11-2021, 10:24 AM

Well the reality is that Brown got moved to RT because Stanley beat him out.

So he not only played in a run-first offense, he played RT.

TomBarndtsTwin
03-11-2021, 10:28 AM
A Top 40 pick AND a 20+ million dollar a year long term contract?

No thanks.

Sign a solid stop-gap and draft a fattie to take over next year or the year after.

wazu
03-11-2021, 10:29 AM

No thanks.

Sign a solid stop-gap and draft a fattie to take over next year or the year after.

And a guy who is demanding to play LT, but has been playing RT. Yeah, I like your plan better.

RunKC
03-11-2021, 10:49 AM
Stop with this stupid shit guys. I’m sure the Ravens would love sending a good player to the Chiefs to help them get better.

Come on

Bowser
03-11-2021, 11:17 AM
If the guy can play LT at a high level, that's easily worth a top 40 pick, especially where our pick is. Good LTs are not common.Conversely, no team is trading away a viable left tackle, unless you get into ridiculous Ditka level dipshittery. LT's are almost as valuable as QB's, and if the Ravens are willing to listen to offers, that means they're willing to let him go.

Stop with this stupid shit guys. I’m sure the Ravens would love sending a good player to the Chiefs to help them get better.

Come on

This, too.

htismaqe
03-11-2021, 11:28 AM
Conversely, no team is trading away a viable left tackle, unless you get into ridiculous Ditka level dipshittery. LT's are almost as valuable as QB's, and if the Ravens are willing to listen to offers, that means they're willing to let him go.

A few quality guys are going to get cut because of the cap situation. This isn't going to be a normal free agency period.

As for Brown, he CAN play LT but Stanley is simply BETTER. They can't afford to keep both of them, due to the contract demands, so Brown is the odd man out.

That doesn't mean I want Brown - I honestly don't think he's a great fit in KC for a LT but he IS an NFL left tackle and somebody will likely pick him up at some point because Baltimore simply can't keep him.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-11-2021, 11:47 AM
Brown doesn’t make sense for us IMHO.

Sofa King
03-11-2021, 12:46 PM
Brown to KC, it’s happening.

JakeF
03-11-2021, 02:15 PM
Wasn't Brown moved to Right Tackle because his feet are too slow for left tackle?

TRR
03-11-2021, 06:27 PM

Much better than I thought. He also was asked to extend blocks routinely in the pass game as Lamar likes to hold the ball and scramble around. Mahomes doesn’t do this as much as Lamar, but it is certainly a part of his game right now. Brown has the longest arms I may have ever seen. If he gets them on you, forget about it. He doesn’t have amazing feet, but enough athleticism to get the job done at LT. Was impressed with how he played against Myles Garrett.

He’s also a beast in the run game. Absolute beast. The Ravens pulled him more than I thought as well.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-11-2021, 06:51 PM
Brown to KC, it’s happening.

Sorry. The Franchise and Chris Meck already told me it’s not happening

The Franchise
03-11-2021, 06:56 PM

Bet me then.

If we trade for Orlando Brown, I can’t post for a month. If we sign Trent Williams, you can’t post for a month.

If neither happens....then nothing happens.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-11-2021, 07:00 PM
Bet me then.

If we trade for Orlando Brown, I can’t post for a month. If we sign Trent Williams, you can’t post for a month.

If neither happens....then nothing happens.

I’m down for that bet! A little friendly wager never hurt. The month ban if it happens will begin on the day it becomes official and announced by the Chiefs

The Franchise
03-11-2021, 07:01 PM
I’m down for that bet! A little friendly wager never hurt. The month ban if it happens will begin on the day it becomes official and announced by the Chiefs

Deal.

staylor26
03-11-2021, 07:02 PM

See at least you can take it. That’s why I don’t hate you.

JakeF has been going around and downvoting all of my posts today because he’s a sensitive little bitch LMAO

Chris Meck
03-11-2021, 07:07 PM

he's a bad fit, and the property of a conference rival. No way they'd send a good player to us.

It's really not rocket science.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-11-2021, 07:11 PM

It's not happening. They are right

htismaqe
03-12-2021, 12:33 AM
Wasn't Brown moved to Right Tackle because his feet are too slow for left tackle?

No, he was moved to right tackle because he got beat out by Ronnie Stanley.

He's not the best LT in the world but he's not terrible either.

srvy
03-12-2021, 01:13 AM

No thanks.

Sounds good but LT's are as rare as diamonds when drafting even if early. Better to poach a young up and comer. I still think its going to be a very under-the-radar guy with Veach. Someone we least and every expert expects but Veachey covets.

srvy
03-12-2021, 01:15 AM

Come on

Yeah don't see it at all.

O.city
03-24-2021, 08:33 AM
So would it likely take 31 to get him from baltimore?

htismaqe
03-24-2021, 08:53 AM
So would it likely take 31 to get him from baltimore?

More than that even.

smithandrew051
03-24-2021, 09:09 AM
More than that even.

I’d have to think so. I can’t imagine a playoff team trading away a talented player to fill the major need for the front runner in their conference.

The only way the Ravens make that trade is if they feel like they’re ripping us off. He’s good enough that it would take A LOT to make it that way.

Urc Burry
03-24-2021, 09:23 AM
I would feel comfortable giving up 31, or 2 seconds. Anymore than that and it’s an overpay. I would highly doubt the ravens trade him to us for either of those offers

FloridaMan88
03-24-2021, 10:32 AM
It would be better to draft a LT at 31 or trade up than trade for a guy who played in a run-blocking dominated offense.

BossChief
03-24-2021, 11:39 AM
He played LT for 2/3 of the year last season after Stanley went on IR and made the pro bowl the last 2 years. He said he feels more comfortable playing left tackle and scouts say he played well on the left, so that matches up.

I’d be happy if we send pick 31 and a conditional 2022 pick for OBJ2.

Gotta hit the evaluation on the head there, though...giving up 2 premium picks AND a big contract extension (that would be cheap the next 2 years because it’s an extension) would be a big risk that would need to pay off.

htismaqe
03-24-2021, 11:44 AM
He played LT for 2/3 of the year last season after Stanley went on IR and made the pro bowl the last 2 years. He said he feels more comfortable playing left tackle and scouts say he played well on the left, so that matches up.

I’d be happy if we send pick 31 and a conditional 2022 pick for OBJ2.

Gotta hit the evaluation on the head there, though...giving up 2 premium picks AND a big contract extension (that would be cheap the next 2 years because it’s an extension) would be a big risk that would need to pay off.

He's 24 years old and could instantly step in at LT and play tomorrow, let alone in September.

That's worth it to me. Or at least worth more than trading similar draft capital for a guy in the draft.

Sassy Squatch
I seriously doubt the Ravens even consider it unless it's a massive overpayment on our part.

ModSocks
I’d be happy if we send pick 31 and a conditional 2022 pick for OBJ2 .

Here we go again....

htismaqe
03-24-2021, 11:49 AM
I seriously doubt the Ravens even consider it unless it's a massive overpayment on our part.

I agree.

I would love to get Brown for the asking price - a top 40 pick.

The problem is that there's no way the Ravens stay there for a team that is their main rival in the AFC currently.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-24-2021, 12:02 PM
If the Ravens actually traded us Brown for reasonable compensation, I'd be pretty worried the guy sucks or wouldn't be a good fit. There's no reason for them to trade us anything of value unless we seriously overpay, which we're not going to do.

Pitt Gorilla
03-24-2021, 12:07 PM
I don't see this happening.

TEX
03-24-2021, 12:11 PM
If the Ravens actually traded us Brown for reasonable compensation, I'd be pretty worried the guy sucks or wouldn't be a good fit. There's no reason for them to trade us anything of value unless we seriously overpay, which we're not going to do.

Exactly. Someone said it earlier in the thread, that the only way they do it is if they feel they fleeced us.

htismaqe
03-24-2021, 12:13 PM

Yep. Exactly.

BossChief
03-24-2021, 12:17 PM

They can replace the RT spot in this draft and keep it cost controlled. They already paid Stanley. They can’t pay 2 tackles LT money and OBJ2 has made it clear he wants to play LEFT tackle.

It’s highly unlikely Baltimore trades him to us, no question...but if we offer more than other teams I highly doubt they disregard the offer that makes them better just to keep Brown from us.

I agree that for similar compensation there’s no chance Baltimore would send him here, but that’s not what I proposed.

Bowser
03-24-2021, 01:08 PM
Honestly I'd rather see what Niang could do for us at LT before sending our first rounder to Baltimore for a guy that may or may not be out of position for us there.

sedated
03-24-2021, 02:52 PM
Honestly I'd rather see what Niang could do for us at LT before sending our first rounder to Baltimore for a guy that may or may not be out of position for us there.

If Niang sucks, then just have Mahomes get killed for a season? Seems like an all eggs in one basket situation.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-24-2021, 03:59 PM

Not sure a first would be enough. Then the contract he'd want in the not al distant future. Hard pass on this guy.

Couch-Potato
03-25-2021, 10:14 AM
What would it cost? and have we shown any interest?

Sassy Squatch
03-25-2021, 10:37 AM
Not sure a first would be enough. Then the contract he'd want in the not al distant future. Hard pass on this guy.
You'd have an extension already agreed to before any trade. Texans learned that the hard way with Tunsil.

TEX
03-25-2021, 10:41 AM
You'd have an extension already agreed to before any trade. Texans learned that the hard way with Tunsil.

Exactly the case.

dj56dt58
03-25-2021, 10:57 AM
all this talk about not overpaying for left tackles like we aren't trying to protect a half billion dollar qb. You protect your investment (Mahomes) at all cost. Teams that fail to do that, not only don't win superbowls, they also get their qb hurt and pissed off

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 11:13 AM
You protect your investment (Mahomes) at all cost.

No, you don't. Some costs are still too high if you want to field a TEAM and not just a QB.

staylor26
03-25-2021, 11:39 AM
The good thing about Brown is that even though I don’t think we will be the team that does it, he should be traded before draft day, and that will push the T’s down the board a bit with one less team that needs one.

It’s also possible that the same thing happens with whoever signs Okung and Villanueva, though it’s not a lock that those teams wouldn’t still go T in the 1st.

TEX
03-25-2021, 11:39 AM
The good thing about Brown is that even though I don’t think we will be the team that does it, he should be traded before draft day, and that will push the T’s down the board a bit with one less team that needs one.

Good thinking. :thumb:

Couch-Potato
03-25-2021, 02:26 PM
all this talk about not overpaying for left tackles like we aren't trying to protect a half billion dollar qb. You protect your investment (Mahomes) at all cost. Teams that fail to do that, not only don't win superbowls, they also get their qb hurt and pissed off

Agreed. Is Brown THE guy though? and how much would he cost?

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:35 PM
Agreed. Is Brown THE guy though? and how much would he cost?

The Ravens want a top 40 pick. Given that we're their arch rival right now, you can probably double that.

And then Brown wants to be paid like a LT, so probably in the $20M AAV range, plus or minus.

It would cost a ton.

But he's also 24 years old (25 to start the season) and a pretty solid player. You're trading a lot but you're getting as close to guaranteed as you can get.

Couch-Potato
03-25-2021, 02:37 PM
I'm curious if no one calls Balt offering a 1st in this year's draft, could we offer them our 2022 1st after day 1? Chiefs get two 1st rd caliber players now and allows us to focus more on weapons in the draft.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:39 PM
I'm curious if no one calls Balt offering a 1st in this year's draft, could we offer them our 2022 1st after day 1? Chiefs get two 1st rd caliber players now and allows us to focus more on weapons in the draft.

Not a bad idea. Wonder if they would go for it? I guess it depends on how desperate they are to get rid of him.

O.city
03-25-2021, 02:44 PM
I'd see how the draft shakes out before I'd trade for him anyway.

JakeF
03-25-2021, 02:45 PM
The Ravens want a top 40 pick. Given that we're their arch rival right now, you can probably double that.

And then Brown wants to be paid like a LT, so probably in the $20M AAV range, plus or minus.

It would cost a ton.

But he's also 24 years old (25 to start the season) and a pretty solid player. You're trading a lot but you're getting as close to guaranteed as you can get.The Ravens aren't helping us fix our Offensive line. Period.

The entire league is drooling over the gaping hole that has suddenly appeared along our Oline. Mahomes will be running for his life all year.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:50 PM
The Ravens aren't helping us fix our Offensive line. Period.

The entire league is drooling over the gaping hole that has suddenly appeared along our Oline. Mahomes will be running for his life all year.

No he won't.

They're not going to go into the season with no LT. Just stop.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:51 PM
I'd see how the draft shakes out before I'd trade for him anyway.

It depends on how far the asking price moves.

If you can get Orlando Brown for less draft picks than it would cost to trade up in the draft, you do it immediately.

AdolfOliverBush
03-25-2021, 02:52 PM
If I was Baltimore, there's no way I'd trade Brown to KC, even if it means taking a little less from another team.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:55 PM
If I was Baltimore, there's no way I'd trade Brown to KC, even if it means taking a little less from another team.

Yep.

It won't ever happen.

TEX
03-25-2021, 02:57 PM

Exactly. I don't understand why some here don't get that.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:58 PM
Exactly. I don't understand why some here don't get that.

It's fun to talk about is all.

It's not ever going to happen.

JakeF
03-25-2021, 03:08 PM
No he won't.

They're not going to go into the season with no LT. Just stop.
You said the same thing at the beginning of last year.

You said i was wrong about our oline, that it would work itself out.

It didn't.

Mahomes got pounded most of the year

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 03:13 PM
You said the same thing at the beginning of last year.

You said i was wrong about our oline, that it would work itself out.

It didn't.

Mahomes got pounded most of the year

No he didn't. JFC.

Couch-Potato
03-25-2021, 04:17 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chiefs-releasing-tackles-mitchell-schwartz-201659263.html

Interesting take ^

"Chiefs releasing tackles Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher will make it harder for Ravens to trade Orlando Brown Jr."

staylor26
03-25-2021, 04:40 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chiefs-releasing-tackles-mitchell-schwartz-201659263.html

Interesting take ^

"Chiefs releasing tackles Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher will make it harder for Ravens to trade Orlando Brown Jr."

It’s a bad take to be completely honest.

Stryker
03-25-2021, 05:22 PM
It depends on how far the asking price moves.

If you can get Orlando Brown for less draft picks than it would cost to trade up in the draft, you do it immediately.

I like this!

Stryker
03-25-2021, 05:25 PM
It's fun to talk about is all.

It's not ever going to happen.

True - we can talk but the outcome is going to fall on deaf ears for the Ravens.

Chief Roundup
03-25-2021, 06:05 PM
I know it is an option and it is applicable and possible. I just don't like it though. I just hate the idea of giving up #31 and then also having to pay Brown as a top 3 LT, $18-$22 Million AAV that he would most likely demand.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 07:11 PM
I know it is an option and it is applicable and possible. I just don't like it though. I just hate the idea of giving up #31 and then also having to pay Brown as a top 3 LT, $18-$22 Million AAV that he would most likely demand.

It's quite a bit better than trading 2 first round picks to go up and get a guy that might not actually be a quality starting LT.

Orlando Brown is as close to a sure thing as you're going to get, honestly, given all of the current options.

O.city
03-25-2021, 07:46 PM
It's quite a bit better than trading 2 first round picks to go up and get a guy that might not actually be a quality starting LT.

Orlando Brown is as close to a sure thing as you're going to get, honestly, given all of the current options.

I dunno. I’m not sure how he’s perform in a pass first offense.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 11:40 PM
I dunno. I’m not sure how he’s perform in a pass first offense.

You can't be sure a rookie can perform at all.

tatorhog
03-26-2021, 09:31 AM

Interesting take ^

If those two were healthy, I think it make sense. As it is, I just don't see them affecting Brown's value currently.

arrwheader
03-26-2021, 11:43 AM
If those two were healthy, I think it make sense. As it is, I just don't see them affecting Brown's value currently.I think the point of the article is that they will likely be healthy next year so teams would just wait until next year when there's more talent available for a potential big pay day rather than over pay now for a guy in the sense of more options and no comp pick hit because they are cut.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Titty Meat
03-26-2021, 12:08 PM
You guys are so thirsty for a LT you'd trade for this average turd. Id rather draft the kid from Texas than trade for Brown.

Couch-Potato
03-26-2021, 02:11 PM
You guys are so thirsty for a LT you'd trade for this average turd. Id rather draft the kid from Texas than trade for Brown.

He's a 2 time Pro-bowler, and the kid from TX has top 20 measurables all-time for an OT according to his pro-day.

Neither player is average.

Say Baltimore is willing to accept #31 for Brown... Do you make the trade even though the top 5-8 OTs in 2021 draft are still available?

I think you do that deal, Probowler means top 5 OT in the league not just the draft, but that is also why he's prob worth more than just #31.

Titty Meat
03-26-2021, 02:30 PM
He's a 2 time Pro-bowler, and the kid from TX has top 20 measurables all-time for an OT according to his pro-day.

Say Baltimore is willing to accept #31 for Brown... Do you make the trade even though the top 5-8 OTs in 2021 draft are still available?

I think you do that deal, Probowler means top 5 OT in the league not just the draft, but that is also why he's prob worth more than just #31.

Mostly at RT. Not a fan of giving a 1 and a new deal to him when we can get a better LT in the draft.

smithandrew051
03-26-2021, 02:55 PM
Petro (love him or hate him) was against the Frank Clark trade from the very beginning, because it cost picks and major cap space. I remember him saying that instead of trading those picks for Frank Clark, go draft Frank Clark.

I have a similar thought here.

Brown was a third round pick. Bakhtiari was a 4th round pick. Schwartz was a second round pick. Ramczyk was pick 32. Terron Armstead was a 3rd round pick. Andrew Whitworth was a second round pick. Moton was a second round pick.

Instead of dumping all these assets into a supposed sure thing AND paying him big money, we need to go draft that guy.

Yes, I know it isn’t that easy to find these guys, but we knew the day that Mahomes was paid we would have to be that much better in the draft going forward.

If you can sign a Trent Williams, great. If not, we’ll need to invest through the draft and it’s very important that we don’t miss.

Rain Man
03-26-2021, 03:08 PM

If he can play LT I'd give up the #31 in a heartbeat. Not so much for RT, though it seems like defenses and offenses are changing up to where I sometimes wonder if there's really that much difference any more.

ChiefBlueCFC
03-26-2021, 03:12 PM
Were we a finalist to trade for this fat peace of shat yet

tredadda
03-26-2021, 03:14 PM
Petro (love him or hate him) was against the Frank Clark trade from the very beginning, because it cost picks and major cap space. I remember him saying that instead of trading those picks for Frank Clark, go draft Frank Clark.

I have a similar thought here.

Brown was a third round pick. Bakhtiari was a 4th round pick. Schwartz was a second round pick. Ramczyk was pick 32. Terron Armstead was a 3rd round pick. Andrew Whitworth was a second round pick. Moton was a second round pick.

Instead of dumping all these assets into a supposed sure thing AND paying him big money, we need to go draft that guy.

Yes, I know it isn’t that easy to find these guys, but we knew the day that Mahomes was paid we would have to be that much better in the draft going forward.

If you can sign a Trent Williams, great. If not, we’ll need to invest through the draft and it’s very important that we don’t miss.

We would literally have an all Madden Team if it were that easy. Plus these guys would have all been first rounders had hindsight been in play. I get saving assets, but a pick is not a guarantee to pan out either.

smithandrew051
03-26-2021, 03:34 PM
We would literally have an all Madden Team if it were that easy. Plus these guys would have all been first rounders had hindsight been in play. I get saving assets, but a pick is not a guarantee to pan out either.

I never said it was easy to find these guys, but they can be found in the late first, second, third, etc.

Sinking all of these assets into 1 player is very dangerous, especially when you have limited or devalued assets like we do (limited cap space and late picks in each round).

Throwing picks and big money at 1 player severely limits what other positions we can address. If we make a move like that, he has to play at a very high level and be extremely durable. Practically any other scenario means we made a bad move by doing so.

Hoover
03-26-2021, 03:38 PM
I'd use our 1st rounder on whatever we want, then try to deal our second this year and a conditional pick in 2022 for the dudel

Couch-Potato
03-26-2021, 03:42 PM
I'd use our 1st rounder on whatever we want, then try to deal our second this year and a conditional pick in 2022 for the dudel

I agree. Let the first round pass on Brown, we grab a weapon like Rousseau or Tony, and THEN call Balt to pursue a deal. Offer a 2nd, but if it's 2021's #32 pick they have-to-have, well fine, we're getting a pro bowl (= ~top 5 OT) in return + an exciting 1st rd pick this yr.

Chris Meck
03-26-2021, 03:46 PM
sometimes guys fall because of their measurables. Sometimes they fall because they played subpar competition. Sometimes they fall due to an injury.

This year was a plague year and lots of guys didn't play at all, or barely played.

I'll take a smart kid with the top flight measurables and trust my SB caliber coaching staff to get a good player out of him, but that's just me.

Little, Radunz, or Brown at #63 along with a stop-gap and get on with our lives.

htismaqe
03-27-2021, 01:42 AM
Mostly at RT. Not a fan of giving a 1 and a new deal to him when we can get a better LT in the draft.

That’s not a given of course. Not that I’m suggesting it’s a great idea but if you’re trading high picks, Brown has a much better chance of playing to that cost than a draft pick does.

Couch-Potato
03-29-2021, 10:27 PM
Curious why OP compares Brown to Tunsil? Wasn't Tunsil a 1st RD LT and Brown a 3rd RD RT?

New World Order
03-29-2021, 10:46 PM
Curious why OP compares Brown to Tunsil? Wasn't Tunsil a 1st RD LT and Brown a 3rd RD RT?

So what you're trying to say is Brown was really a Couch Potato compared to Tunsil coming out of college?

Couch-Potato
03-29-2021, 11:06 PM
So what you're trying to say is Brown was really a Couch Potato compared to Tunsil coming out of college?

No, I'm trying to understand what the price would be in a trade and I'm wondering if he could be had for less than Tunsil.

BossChief
03-29-2021, 11:24 PM
No, I'm trying to understand what the price would be in a trade and I'm wondering if he could be had for less than Tunsil.

We will likely know within 48 hours of the draft.

Couch-Potato
03-30-2021, 12:08 AM
How about 2021 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th + 2022 1st?

Less than Tunsil, we get our LT, we have 8 picks this year and can afford to package several for an elite player.

duncan_idaho
03-30-2021, 05:23 AM
How about 2021 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th + 2022 1st?

Less than Tunsil, we get our LT, we have 8 picks this year and can afford to package several for an elite player.

The LAST thing I want to do is trade the Ravens 4 picks in a really good/deep draft AND next year’s first.

Way, way too much.

Couch-Potato
03-30-2021, 11:41 AM
The LAST thing I want to do is trade the Ravens 4 picks in a really good/deep draft AND next year’s first.

Way, way too much.

Ravens aside, what is fair comp?

In58men
03-30-2021, 11:44 AM
I have a feeling Schwartz is coming back. I only say this bc his last Instagram post. Chief hashtags galore.

BossChief
03-30-2021, 01:34 PM
I have a feeling Schwartz is coming back. I only say this bc his last Instagram post. Chief hashtags galore.

I’m pretty sure he’s retiring.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he opens a restaurant in KC. He loves cooking and we love our food.

Tribal Warfare
03-30-2021, 01:39 PM

Wouldn’t be surprised if he opens a restaurant in KC. He loves cooking and we love our food.

Could be a Billy Simms type joint

In58men
03-30-2021, 01:52 PM

I’m not sure, he’s seems pretty dedicated in keeping up with his health and rehab. I’ll be on the optimistic side. I see a guy training his ass off every day, I don’t think it’s to flip burgers.

TRR
03-30-2021, 06:47 PM
I’m not sure, he’s seems pretty dedicated in keeping up with his health and rehab. I’ll be on the optimistic side. I see a guy training his ass off every day, I don’t think it’s to flip burgers.

He’s training his ass off everyday because he’s going through rehab with the idea of resuming a normal life. It has nothing to do with resuming his football career.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Schwartz didn’t rule out a return to the chiefs. He said he’s a FA so he can sign with whoever including the Chiefs. He loves the KC area and made it forever home. I can see him coming back or retiring

BleedingRed
03-30-2021, 07:06 PM
Schwartz didn’t rule out a return to the chiefs. He said he’s a FA so he can sign with whoever including the Chiefs. He loves the KC area and made it forever home. I can see him coming back or retiring

I mean if the injury healed

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-30-2021, 07:10 PM
I mean if the injury healed

I’m also interested if they bring Fisher back.

In58men
04-11-2021, 01:27 PM
#Chiefs have had productive talks about #Ravens Orlando Brown Jr. #NFL #ChiefsKingdom #NFLRumors

C’mon Mahomo you’re slackin’!!!

Isn’t this your go-to source? @NFLrums

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-11-2021, 01:28 PM
#Chiefs have had productive talks about #Ravens Orlando Brown Jr. #NFL #ChiefsKingdom #NFLRumors

The Franchise better be worried!!

Pasta Little Brioni
04-11-2021, 01:36 PM

Turd in the toilet is a better source than that

OKchiefs
04-11-2021, 01:41 PM
Schwartz is a RT, where we’ve already resigned Remmers and have Niang to compete. Unless you think he can return to his previous top form I’m not sure signing Schwartz and having 3 right tackles on the roster and no left tackle is a good allocation of resources.

Sofa King
04-11-2021, 02:02 PM
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/04/11/orlando-brown-trade-remains-kc-chiefs-best-option-bolster-left-tackle-spot/

It’s clear by now that the K.C. Chiefs aren’t going to be enjoying their top choice at left tackle heading into the 2021 regular season. From the outset of NFL free agency, the Chiefs made it readily apparent that veteran tackle Trent Williams was the preferred selection to protect the blindside of Patrick Mahomes. Unfortunately, despite clearing the requisite cap space and making an all-out effort to recruit him away from San Francisco, the 49ers ended up convincing him to re-sign for several more seasons.

In that moment, the Chiefs were forced to go with any Plan B that remained on the table. Those of us outside of Arrowhead Stadium aren’t exactly sure what that plan entails, even a full month after the failed attempt to lure Williams to K.C., but it seems as though everything beyond comes with considerable question marks.

If the Chiefs are looking at the current crop of veterans available, the injury concerns of Russell Okung or the lower ceiling of Alejandro Villanueva are about as exciting as things get based on current players available.

If the Chiefs want to go with an in-house option, the ceiling looks even lower considering that it will be either rookie tackle Lucas Niang switching sides and playing in the pros for the first time ever (after also taking a year off). Or perhaps the team decides to shove the likes of Martinas Rankin or Yasir Durant outside. Yeah, as we said, this isn’t good.

Trading for Orlando Brown remains the KC Chiefs best way to fix left tackle.
If the Chiefs wanted to draft someone, perhaps that’s the best play here, but of course, relying on a rookie left tackle to protect the game’s best quarterback could be quite the mixed bag moving forward.

While the likeliest solution will feature a blend of the aforementioned options, it all comes with considerable questions. That is, unless the Chiefs can convince an AFC rival to make a trade with them. If that’s the case, their best course of action would be to trade with the Baltimore Ravens for offensive tackle Orlando Brown, Jr.

Exactly one month ago, an unnamed source told NFL reporter Mike Garafolo that six teams had shown an interest in potentially trading for Brown. If that holds true today, four weeks later, then the Chiefs are likely on the outs given that fact that the Ravens have little incentive to make the Chiefs roster better, even if they paid a fair asking price. However with six suitors, that also means that any team who wins him is going to have to pay quite a bit in order to earn the rights to also pay him an handsome extension given that he’s finishing up his rookie contract in ’21.

Would the Chiefs be willing to trade their first-round pick in the upcoming draft for Brown? That wouldn’t be a bad move at all if you’re K.C. Instead of hoping you can snag the fourth to sixth best offensive tackle in the class, you get a guy who is a proven performer who is hungry to play the left side full time. In fact, he’s already done so at a high level for a contending team.

What if the Ravens ask for multiple picks? It might feel painful but the only major question mark on this roster is at left tackle. Even other areas like defensive end and wide receiver could be fixed with a veteran signing and certainly the Chiefs will also add more talent via the draft given that they have eight total picks. What if the Chiefs were to trade a 1st and a 4th? Would that get it done? That’s a solid haul for the Ravens for a player demanding a trade away, but it also leaves the Chiefs with six more picks to make over draft weekend.

Unless the Ravens are determined to either make it work with Brown for the long-term and convince him to play right tackle, or unless they’re refusing to work with the Chiefs in any way, a trade here make the most sense for K.C. in terms of fixing their greatest concerns. Yes there are multiple areas of the roster to address but only one could really stall the team’s plans from getting to a third consecutive Super Bowl. A trade for Brown would be an excellent consolation prize after the unsuccessful pursuit of signing Trent Williams.

The Franchise
04-11-2021, 02:08 PM
The Franchise better be worried!!

0%

Sassy Squatch
04-11-2021, 02:12 PM
Ravens are too smart for that unless it's a massive overpay.

BossChief
04-11-2021, 05:25 PM
Ravens are too smart for that unless it's a massive overpay.

Depends on internal conversations, demand and doing what’s best for your team long term.

tredadda
04-11-2021, 05:50 PM
Depends on internal conversations, demand and doing what’s best for your team long term.

What's best for that team is something they probably won't do and it involves not giving their RB Top 5 QB money.

BossChief
04-11-2021, 05:54 PM
What's best for that team is something they probably won't do and it involves not giving their RB Top 5 QB money.

Then maybe getting a pick that will help their offense the next 5 years is more appealing than 1 year of a disgruntled linemen complaining about not playing left tackle.

Sassy Squatch
04-11-2021, 06:01 PM
I'd assume they'd take another teams second or third over our first if it came to it.

Stryker
04-11-2021, 07:23 PM

That was my first thought after reading the article. Hopefully it's push comes to shove in this situation. Let's hope Orlando gets more aggressive in his desire to be traded and stands firm on wanting to play LT.

Chiefshrink
04-11-2021, 07:38 PM
Ravens will want too much. Draft a LT.

big nasty kcnut
04-11-2021, 07:45 PM
Did we sign this piece of shit yet?

-King-
04-11-2021, 09:24 PM

There's nothing beneficial long term about giving your teams biggest hurdle to the superbowl a player that can protect the best qb in the league for the next 10 years unless they massively overpay.

TEX
04-12-2021, 09:19 AM
There's nothing beneficial long term about giving your teams biggest hurdle to the superbowl a player that can protect the best qb in the league for the next 10 years unless they massively overpay.

Exactly, and that's why it's N-E-V-E-R going to happen.

ModSocks
04-12-2021, 09:36 AM

If you're the Ravens you have to assume the Chiefs will be relentless in their pursuit of a LT. They're gettting one no matter what. Now you can be the beneficiary of that or not.

You're talking about cutting off your nose to spite your face. You don't build your team based on how some other team that's not in your division MIGHT do.

Youre thinking like a fan rather than a competent GM. Assuming of course the Chiefs have the best deal on the table.

Sassy Squatch
04-12-2021, 09:52 AM
Nah, I think if the Jaguars or Dolphins offered their later 2nd round pick the Ravens would take that over our 1st.

-King-
04-12-2021, 09:55 AM
If you're the Ravens you have to assume the Chiefs will be relentless in their pursuit of a LT. They're gettting one no matter what. Now you can be the beneficiary of that or not.

You're talking about cutting off your nose to spite your face. You don't build your team based on how some other team that's not in your division MIGHT do.

Youre thinking like a fan rather than a competent GM. Assuming of course the Chiefs have the best deal on the table.

Or you can trade him to another team that needs an LT and DON'T help the team that could keep you from reaching the superbowl for as long as Mahomes plays. It's not like the Chiefs are the only team that needs an LT and would trade for one.

tredadda
04-12-2021, 09:59 AM
Then maybe getting a pick that will help their offense the next 5 years is more appealing than 1 year of a disgruntled linemen complaining about not playing left tackle.

Agreed. Just think they can still trade him to a team not named the Chiefs. AFC teams, unless they are utterly incompetent are not going to do anything that benefits KC. It's why LV traded Hudson instead of releasing him as they probably knew where he would have ended up had they done that.

ModSocks
04-12-2021, 10:37 AM
Or you can trade him to another team that needs an LT and DON'T help the team that could keep you from reaching the superbowl for as long as Mahomes plays. It's not like the Chiefs are the only team that needs an LT and would trade for one.

The Chiefs aren't the Ravens only obstacle to a SB, and are but a few injuries away from having an irrelevant season.

Considering you cannot predict, nor do you have any control over what COULD happen, it would be stupid to not take the best deal on the table.

For all the we know, Brown could be injured half/most the season thus making him going to the Chiefs irrelevant.

You're also not seeing the flip side to this, which it's also an opportunity to take coveted draft picks from your "rival".

Couch-Potato
04-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Nah, I think if the Jaguars or Dolphins offered their later 2nd round pick the Ravens would take that over our 1st.

I doubt this.

arrwheader
04-12-2021, 11:02 AM
Burt has something cookin, he's gonna shock the world with an epic trade up or take a guy that everyone will shit all over but be really good.

Could also be that they draft their LTOTF and pay one of the old mediocre's out there to be the stop gap.

ModSocks
04-12-2021, 11:21 AM
Could also be that they draft their LTOTF and pay one of the old mediocre's out there to be the stop gap.

LT's aren't QB's. If he has to sit a year in favor of some guy that you know ain't the guy, then he's not a 1st round LT.

New World Order
04-12-2021, 11:24 AM
Offer a 6th round pick.

No more, no less.

O.city
04-12-2021, 11:31 AM
LT's aren't QB's. If he has to sit a year in favor of some guy that you know ain't the guy, then he's not a 1st round LT.

This is what I think but kinda got shit on for it

Don’t take guys early that need to sit and learn

-King-
04-12-2021, 11:51 AM
The Chiefs aren't the Ravens only obstacle to a SB, and are but a few injuries away from having an irrelevant season.

Considering you cannot predict, nor do you have any control over what COULD happen, it would be stupid to not take the best deal on the table.

For all the we know, Brown could be injured half/most the season thus making him going to the Chiefs irrelevant.

You're also not seeing the flip side to this, which it's also an opportunity to take coveted draft picks from your "rival".

I'd rather my rival keep their draft picks and try to get a good player than give them a proven good player. It's not even close.

-King-
04-12-2021, 11:52 AM

100% agree. That's why the whole Okung thing doesn't make sense to me.

staylor26
04-12-2021, 11:54 AM
100% agree. That's why the whole Okung thing doesn't make sense to me.

Because you’re too dumb to realize that the entire point of signing a guy like Okung is to give you flexibility in the draft, not necessarily to be a stop gap for a 1st round LT.

-King-
04-12-2021, 11:55 AM
Because you’re too dumb to realize that the entire point of signing a guy like Okung is to give you flexibility in the draft, not necessarily to be a stop gap for a 1st round LT.

Oh ok, my bad then.

htismaqe
04-12-2021, 11:56 AM
What do you guys WANT them to do?

Drafting a LT isn't good enough if they don't for sure get a day 1 starter, so should they just not draft one at all and leave a gaping fucking hole there?

You would have thought success would have opened some eyes but instead the tunnel vision here is worse than it's ever been it seems.

-King-
04-12-2021, 11:59 AM

Drafting a LT isn't good enough if they don't for sure get a day 1 starter, so should they just not draft one at all and leave a gaping fucking hole there?

You would have thought success would have opened some eyes but instead the tunnel vision here is worse than it's ever been it seems.

Do whatever it takes to get a day 1 starter. Whether that means moving up in the draft or scouting well enough to know one will fall to them.

If the guy they draft isn't good enough to be a day one starter, then he won't be good enough to take over when okung gets injured week 5 especially since he won't have had starter reps all off season.

staylor26
04-12-2021, 12:16 PM
Oh ok, my bad then.

You’re welcome to show me anybody saying that we should take the best available LT in the 1st regardless of our board AND sign Okung, but everybody advocating for Okung that I’ve seen is doing so to give us flexibility.

staylor26
04-12-2021, 12:17 PM
Do whatever it takes to get a day 1 starter. Whether that means moving up in the draft or scouting well enough to know one will fall to them.

If the guy they draft isn't good enough to be a day one starter, then he won't be good enough to take over when okung gets injured week 5 especially since he won't have had starter reps all off season.

Yea because it’s really that easy! LMAO

ModSocks
04-12-2021, 12:22 PM

Either trade up to get a day 1 starter, or trade that 1st + for a proven commodity.

If they think they can get a day 1 starter sitting right where they are, that's fine too. I trust their scouts to know better than anyone in the media.

I don't know what the answer will be or when it will come. But i know Niang or Remmers at LT isn't going to be the answer.

Hell, this trade that i'm anticipating might not even come till after the draft.

-King-
04-12-2021, 12:33 PM
Yea because it’s really that easy! LMAO

Shit, you're right. Cross out the part where I said it was easy.

staylor26
04-12-2021, 12:40 PM
Shit, you're right. Cross out the part where I said it was easy.

You sure did make it sound like it is that easy.

If you truly understood that it isn’t, you’d understand the logic in bringing in a guy like Okung to give you some flexibility should you not be able to find a trade partner and no day 1 starting LT falls to 31.

O.city
04-12-2021, 12:40 PM

Drafting a LT isn't good enough if they don't for sure get a day 1 starter, so should they just not draft one at all and leave a gaping ****ing hole there?

I want them to play the guy they draft. I don’t wanna sign a vet.

htismaqe
04-12-2021, 12:54 PM

Sewell and Slater can start day 1. Those 2 guys are likely going at 6 and 10, maybe a little later.

After those 2, you have guys that may or may not be able to start day 1. You have several guys who could potentially start day 1 but have really low ceilings.

Trading up just isn't a realistic option and the drafting for a "day 1" need could potentially mean sacrificing a future all-pro talent because you couldn't wait 365 days to play him.

You make it sounds so simple when it really isn't.

htismaqe
04-12-2021, 12:56 PM
Either trade up to get a day 1 starter, or trade that 1st + for a proven commodity.

If they think they can get a day 1 starter sitting right where they are, that's fine too. I trust their scouts to know better than anyone in the media.

I don't know what the answer will be or when it will come. But i know Niang or Remmers at LT isn't going to be the answer.

Hell, this trade that i'm anticipating might not even come till after the draft.

So trade away future firsts, period.

Because that's what it is going to take.

There's some speculation the Patriots want to trade from 15 to 4. To get that high, the compensation being talked about is this year's 1st and 2nd plus NEXT YEAR'S first and 2nd.

I don't understand why people are so eager to move up.

ModSocks
04-12-2021, 01:20 PM
So trade away future firsts, period.

Because that's what it is going to take.

That's the consequence of striking out on the Trent Williams deal. Maybe someone they like will be there at 31. Maybe someone they like will slip into reasonable striking distance. I don't know man. I don't think we have to sit here and say they have to trade into the top 10-15 either. Trade up doesn't have to mean trade to the top.

Sure, it's far from ideal. But it IS the situation we find ourselves in. No one anticipated Fisher blowing his achilles and Schwartz getting a career ending back injury.

But here we are. So it's either trade some assets or go into the 2021 season with huge question marks at tackle.

-King-
04-12-2021, 01:47 PM
You sure did make it sound like it is that easy.

If you truly understood that it isn’t, you’d understand the logic in bringing in a guy like Okung to give you some flexibility should you not be able to find a trade partner and no day 1 starting LT falls to 31.

Enlightening. Thanks Staylor!

-King-
04-12-2021, 02:05 PM
Sewell and Slater can start day 1. Those 2 guys are likely going at 6 and 10, maybe a little later.

After those 2, you have guys that may or may not be able to start day 1. You have several guys who could potentially start day 1 but have really low ceilings.

Trading up just isn't a realistic option and the drafting for a "day 1" need could potentially mean sacrificing a future all-pro talent because you couldn't wait 365 days to play him.

You make it sounds so simple when it really isn't.

Like I said, if they get Okung, whoever they draft is highly likely to play this year no matter what. If they don't want to move up, or feel like they'd have to give up too much to move up, fine, that's fair. But whoever they pick whether it's at 31 or up in the draft, will probably need to play at some point. So they might not be day "1" starters but they're close enough to being one so that's what we should be looking for in the draft.

BossChief
04-12-2021, 09:12 PM
Would you guys trade Tyrann for Orlando Brown?

Coach
04-12-2021, 09:16 PM

Doubt Baltimore will do that anyways.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-12-2021, 09:22 PM

Wtf ROFL