PDA

View Full Version : Football Just another reason to despise Tom Brady...

htismaqe
02-17-2021, 02:15 PM
I'm sure this will end up in DC when it's all said and done because of the subject matter but I'm putting it here because I hate Tom Brady and think he's scum.

https://www.change.org/p/tom-brady-tom-brady-should-pay-back-his-small-business-loan

The TB12 company, owned by Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady, received $960,855 in PPP loans that were meant to help small businesses. Tom Brady signed a deal in May worth $50 million. With this new contract, when combined with his earnings from his NFL contracts alone, he has made around $260 million over his 21 year career. Tom Brady is also married to Gisele Bunchen, who has a net worth of $400 million.

I am not here to make the argument saying that Tom Brady does not deserve his NFL money, he earned it, so good for him. But by accepting this money, he is playing the government no better than any grifter would play a person on the street. My solution for him is that he should pay back this money or AT LEAST donate an equal amount of money to small businesses that would have received this money if his name did not get more attention. This is an issue that hits close to home for me as I’ve gone out of my way to help the small businesses near me and have seen so many fall by the wayside because they did not receive the help they needed.
It is during times like these, the year 2020 as a whole, we see the true nature of people. The side we are seeing from this couple is one of pure greed and being completely out of touch with what the common American is going through at this time.
Just standing around and lamenting on social media is not going to do anything, we need to band together and voice our concerns with how things are currently being done if we want change. Tom Brady needs to do what is right not just by my standards, but by the standards everyone holds; the people who should get help are the people who actually need help. Not the people who want to hoard and look down on others suffering.

Hoover
02-17-2021, 02:17 PM
Brady's personal wealth has nothing to do with whether or not he qualifies for a PPP loan.

Plus the government was handing them out like candy.

Coochie liquor
02-17-2021, 02:17 PM
Posted this in Bucs Reddit yesterday and got flamed, then banned.

htismaqe
02-17-2021, 02:18 PM
Brady's personal wealth has nothing to do with whether or not he qualifies for a PPP loan.

Yeah, I figured somebody would say that.

It's still fucking gross that people like this can use the system to enrich themselves at our expense.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2021, 02:18 PM
Tom Brady is a pedophile

Coochie liquor
02-17-2021, 02:19 PM

Lakers received over 4 mil, then gave it back when they saw funds were running out. Tom Gonna keep his cash. Between him and Giselle they’re worth almost a billion. Must be tough.

vailpass
02-17-2021, 02:22 PM
Lakers received over 4 mil, then gave it back when they saw funds were running out. Tom Gonna keep his cash. Between him and Giselle they’re worth almost a billion. Must be tough.

Lakers gave it back when they realized they’d been found out and were going to suffer a PR nightmare that was not worth the funds they had misappropriated.

Tom Brady is a dick.

Hoover
02-17-2021, 02:22 PM
The program was designed to keep people employed. TB12 Company isn't Tom Brady. Just like Amazon isn't Jeff Bezos, they are businesses. Now I understand the argument that you are making, but when government creates a program like this, this crap is always going to happen.

htismaqe
02-17-2021, 02:25 PM
The program was designed to keep people employed. TB12 Company isn't Tom Brady. Just like Amazon isn't Jeff Bezos, they are businesses. Now I understand the argument that you are making, but when government creates a program like this, this crap is always going to happen.

Crap like this does happen, doesn't make it right. A good person would make sure it doesn't. Tom Brady has the means to underwrite TB12, he should do so, not take advantage of the system, at the expense of taxpayers.

Hoover
02-17-2021, 02:27 PM
Crap like this does happen, doesn't make it right. A good person would make sure it doesn't. Tom Brady has the means to underwrite TB12, he should do so, not take advantage of the system, at the expense of taxpayers.

Whats right? Who is the judge of that?

When dealing with a government program what matters is what is legal.

OKchiefs
02-17-2021, 02:28 PM
Tom Brady should choke on a shotgun barrel

htismaqe
02-17-2021, 02:28 PM
Whats right? Who is the judge of that?

When dealing with a government program what matters is what is legal.

There's a higher morality than government legality. At least I believe there is.

The dude is worth nearly a billion dollars. No company he runs should be eligible for small business funds. It's just basic human fucking decency.

Rain Man
02-17-2021, 02:36 PM
Well, heck. I tried to add this to my spreadsheet of reasons why I hate Tom Brady, and it turns out that Microsoft Excel only allows 1,048,576 rows.

htismaqe
02-17-2021, 02:36 PM
Well, heck. I tried to add this to my spreadsheet of reasons why I hate Tom Brady, and it turns out that Microsoft Excel only allows 1,048,576 rows.

ROFL

eDave
02-17-2021, 02:48 PM

LMAO

16,384 columns though. And 255 tabs. Get creative, categorize, and use pivot tables.

02-17-2021, 02:51 PM
He just can’t stop cheating, with everything.

Bugeater
02-17-2021, 03:18 PM
I didn't really need another reason

big nasty kcnut
02-17-2021, 03:23 PM
Fuck tom brady.

Imon Yourside
02-17-2021, 03:28 PM
There's a higher morality than government legality. At least I believe there is.

The dude is worth nearly a billion dollars. No company he runs should be eligible for small business funds. It's just basic human ****ing decency.

He had to get the TB12 brand kickstarted somehow....

Baby Lee
02-17-2021, 03:32 PM

The dude is worth nearly a billion dollars. No company he runs should be eligible for small business funds. It's just basic human fucking decency.

I understand where you're coming from, but also if the government says you are legally entitled to something you can use, . . . you take it, . . . because, if no other reason, there is no guarantee it'll be there when you need something and they have it. And they'll certainly be there when they need something from you regardless of whether you can spare it or not.

RealSNR
02-17-2021, 04:42 PM
All that money will go towards his heinously evil sex dungeons for children. On the taxpayer’s dime.

Shameful

dlphg9
02-17-2021, 05:37 PM
It's Tom Brady, so I doubt that any of this applies, but

Is he using this money to retain staff? The little research I did says they have 75 employees and employee numbers grew by 88% since last year. I see no reason why Tom Brady should have to use his own personal money to pay employees. I also see that TB12's annual revenue is ~$20 mil. Couldn't find any numbers on profit margins or how much Tom makes a year off it.

If he's using it to help his employees, then no prob. I doubt he's doing it to pocket a measely $960k.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Tom is anti-inflation

JakeF
02-17-2021, 06:46 PM
I already despise him enough for x10 people.

FloridaMan88
02-17-2021, 06:54 PM
Tom Brady is a pedophile

And a steroid cheat.

He is the biggest doping scandal in sports history waiting to get exposed.

alpha_omega
02-17-2021, 07:00 PM
Next season we can use “PPPass Interference” when he gets a call.

Discuss Thrower
02-17-2021, 07:03 PM
Blame the government for their harebrained method of trying to keep people employed in the most hamfisted, inefficient and politically-minded manner.

Which shouldn't have surprised anyone.

tyecopeland
02-17-2021, 07:21 PM
My plumber said that his bank called him today about these government loans that they (the govt) forgive. So banks are actively recruiting businesses to these loans.

JakeF
02-17-2021, 07:27 PM
My plumber said that his bank called him today about these government loans that they (the govt) forgive. So banks are actively recruiting businesses to these loans.

Banks cheating, being corrupt ... surely not.

Government should set a grandfather Date so any new loans don't qualify.

Bearcat
02-17-2021, 07:41 PM

Yeah, I guess it's one thing if the check just shows up in the mail, but asking for that kind of money is a dick move that far outweighs "well, maybe the government shouldn't have given it to him". That amount of money could probably help 20 or more businesses just survive several months.

Coochie liquor
02-17-2021, 07:45 PM
It's Tom Brady, so I doubt that any of this applies, but

Is he using this money to retain staff? The little research I did says they have 75 employees and employee numbers grew by 88% since last year. I see no reason why Tom Brady should have to use his own personal money to pay employees. I also see that TB12's annual revenue is ~$20 mil. Couldn't find any numbers on profit margins or how much Tom makes a year off it.

If he's using it to help his employees, then no prob. I doubt he's doing it to pocket a measely $960k.

If his employees grew by 88%, and from what I’ve read it sounds like the company profits are up. Wonder why they needed it?? But I’m with you that the company should be fully functioning and able to pay its employees based on the numbers it creates by sales. Just trying to understand why they’d take the loan if it wasn’t needed. Maybe it’s just poor people think on my behalf.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-17-2021, 07:46 PM
Legal theft

Buehler445
02-18-2021, 08:05 AM
How in the blue fuck does he have that much payroll expense? The first PPP was based on 2.5/12ths of payroll for the year. If that 960 only represents the first one that’s 4,619,000 of payroll. If he got both waves (which would be a quick turnaround) that’s 2,295,000 of payroll. If dlphg’s revenue number is right, payroll is 20% or 10% of GROSS revenue.

Those are pretty high percentages. Especially for a retail company.

htismaqe
02-18-2021, 08:33 AM
I understand where you're coming from, but also if the government says you are legally entitled to something you can use, . . . you take it, . . . because, if no other reason, there is no guarantee it'll be there when you need something and they have it. And they'll certainly be there when they need something from you regardless of whether you can spare it or not.

Oh I totally see that angle. In some ways, I've felt that way about my own situation - I pay in a ton but never get anything back.

But at the end of the day, I've made the decision I just don't want to be a part of it, whether the money "legally" or even technically belongs to me. I'd like to see Tom Brady do the same, since he has far more capability opt out than even I do.

htismaqe
02-18-2021, 08:35 AM
How in the blue fuck does he have that much payroll expense? The first PPP was based on 2.5/12ths of payroll for the year. If that 960 only represents the first one that’s 4,619,000 of payroll. If he got both waves (which would be a quick turnaround) that’s 2,295,000 of payroll. If dlphg’s revenue number is right, payroll is 20% or 10% of GROSS revenue.

:D

htismaqe
02-18-2021, 08:38 AM

They're a real small business, for sure.

https://www.hanold-associates.com/tb12-founded-by-tom-brady-and-alex-guerrero-partners-with-hanold-associates-for-board-of-director-searches/

Hanold Associates Executive Search is the leading retained boutique executive search firm focused on Corporate Officers & Board Directors. Our client list is diverse across industries, geographies and business scenarios, and culture is at the core of everything we do. Our clients include the National Football League, Domino’s Pizza, Under Armour, Patagonia, Gucci, The New York Times, Abercrombie & Fitch, Kohler, REI, Live Nation Entertainment, Dick’s Sporting Goods, McDonald’s, Major League Baseball, Kellogg, Apollo, Blackstone, TPG, L Catterton, Northwestern University, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Electronic Arts, Fiat-Chrysler, SC Johnson, eBay, Moderna, Hillrom, Great Place To Work, Fossil, Vail Resorts, AbbVie, Carnival Corp., Biogen, Allstate, Bridgestone, Wikimedia, ClubCorp, Nike, Zoom, Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights and Ford Motor Company, among others.