PDA

View Full Version : Football Washington Football Team Cheerleaders

gblowfish
03-03-2021, 06:41 PM
Going to be replaced with a co-ed "dance squad." FAAAABULOUS!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30996155/washington-football-team-replaces-cheerleaders-dance-squad
ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Football Team has discontinued its cheerleader program after more than 50 years, replacing it with a coed dance squad as part of its rebranding effort.

The team had announced last month that the cheerleader program was paused while it decided what direction the rebranding would take. Petra Pope, hired by the team as a senior adviser focused on creating game-day entertainment, said the goal is to create a "more modern franchise."

"With that comes inclusivity, diversity and in my mind, as an entertainer, athleticism," Pope told ESPN by phone. "My desire is to create a team that is all of that -- inclusive, diverse, coed, athletic -- to set the gold standard in the NFL. We're looking for that super athlete that can dance, perform tricks and stunts and manipulate whatever props that will create a really great show."

The cheerleaders' contracts expire March 31, but there are no events scheduled this month, and they are paid hourly.

ptlyon
03-03-2021, 06:46 PM
WFT? THEY'RE A BUNCHA FAGS!

PHOG
03-03-2021, 06:48 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/8dd8e00c887da6634370fcc3d84f2d34/tenor.gif

gblowfish
03-03-2021, 06:49 PM
WFT WTF???

Eureka
03-03-2021, 06:50 PM
I picture some strong dudes tossing skinny women into the air.

Once the "woke" crowd gets this teaming going anything is possible. I wonder where this will end up?

Guess the days of Danny Snyder banging/harassing the hot cheerleaders is over.

gblowfish
03-03-2021, 06:54 PM
The Chiefs had this in the late 1980's early 1990s. Like a college cheerleading team. We called them "The Broken Arrows." Didn't last long. People like T&A.

gblowfish
03-03-2021, 07:04 PM
The Patriots have had guy cheerleaders -a couple of them- for at least two years now.

HemiEd
03-03-2021, 07:11 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOWFT WTF???

Is there no limit to this foolishness?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
03-03-2021, 07:16 PM
They will fill up our senses
like a night in the forest whitaker

Rain Man
03-03-2021, 07:48 PM
They're misunderstanding the core purpose of cheerleaders.

Sassy Squatch
03-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Probably has to do with the Washington Post making their debauchery with the cheerleaders known.

Beef Supreme
03-03-2021, 08:27 PM
How do they feel about aging bald men with goatees? Is there a squad for that?

Bob Dole
03-03-2021, 08:31 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAO

Is there no limit to this foolishness?

The answer is no.

Titty Meat
03-03-2021, 08:35 PM
What's wrong with having guys on the dance team? I have them in my asshole

Deberg_1990
03-03-2021, 08:38 PM
A few teams have ditched traditional cheerleaders if I remember correctly?

eDave
03-03-2021, 08:52 PM
I picture some strong dudes tossing skinny women into the air.

Once the "woke" crowd gets this teaming going anything is possible. I wonder where this will end up?

Guess the days of Danny Snyder banging/harassing the hot cheerleaders is over.

Those male cheerleaders touch a lot of puss.

Dallas ownership before Jones had a 1-way mirror between cheerleading workouts and executive offices.

displacedinMN
03-03-2021, 08:58 PM
What's wrong with having guys on the dance team? I have them in my asshole

a few college dance teams have guys. No issue with Title 9 since dance teams are not ncaa sports. They are clubs

Some HS do, depending on the state and how they are sanctioned

T-post Tom
03-03-2021, 09:36 PM
Hasn’t “coed” been deplatformed and cancelled? Not inclusive enough.... I’d go with an AI/holographic dance team.

CoMoChief
03-03-2021, 09:42 PM
If the Chiefs did away with their cheerleaders, would anyone give a shit?

They've always ranked in the bottom of the league anyway in terms of looks.

Bunch of butterfaces and double baggers.

Eureka
03-03-2021, 09:49 PM
How do they feel about aging bald men with goatees? Is there a squad for that?

Those male cheerleaders touch a lot of puss

Beef Supreme wants to join the squad. He could be touching lots of puss from Butterfaces and double baggers.

RealSNR
03-03-2021, 09:52 PM
I mostly clicked on this thread just to read what Titty Meat wrote. I was not disappointed.

Carry on!

Pasta Little Brioni
03-04-2021, 07:31 AM
Direction just sent a load to the moon

KC_Lee
03-04-2021, 07:57 AM
Put the original Hog-ettes out there. That I'd cheer for.

POND_OF_RED
03-04-2021, 07:59 AM
The Chiefs had this in the late 1980's early 1990s. Like a college cheerleading team. We called them "The Broken Arrows." Didn't last long. People like T&A.

They're misunderstanding the core purpose of cheerleaders.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-29-2013/nFtEX4.gif

Beef Supreme
03-04-2021, 08:04 AM
Beef Supreme wants to join the squad. He could be touching lots of puss from Butterfaces and double baggers.

You're goddamn right.

cooper barrett
03-04-2021, 08:57 AM
It's been done before. Flashback moment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nEQbUjt5eQo?start=96&end=146" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those high school kids waving flags after the Chiefs score are members of the "Chiefs Cheerleaders", now known as Flag Warriors but, in the beginning, there was only one.

InChiefsHeaven
03-04-2021, 08:59 AM
The Omaha Beef indoor football team has an all male dance team called the Rump Roasters. They perform at halftime and sometimes with the cheerleaders...they are pretty hilarious.

Though I don't think this would at all be the same thing...

Rasputin
03-04-2021, 09:07 AM

Oh I thought they still were coed cheerleaders cuz you couldn't tell by their Adams apple on some of them.

cooper barrett
03-04-2021, 09:09 AM
Just say NO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UXLOWM4GLP8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Omaha Beef indoor football team has an all male dance team called the Rump Roasters. They perform at halftime and sometimes with the cheerleaders...they are pretty hilarious.

Though I don't think this would at all be the same thing...

Gary Cooper
03-04-2021, 11:09 AM

Yeah, just replace them with girls at Twin Peaks.

Chris Meck
03-04-2021, 11:33 AM
why does anyone give a shit about this?

oldman
03-04-2021, 11:48 AM
Ther whole cheerleader thing started with the Cowboys and it just needs to stop. Seriously, do we really need cheerleaders at Arrowhead? Has anyone besides the people in the 1st few rows actually heard them cheer? Maybe when the camera is on them, but I'd wager the schlub in section 327 can't follow the cheer. It's strictly a marketing tool to get rich old dudes to upgrade their gold seats to a suite.

gblowfish
03-04-2021, 12:00 PM
Ther whole cheerleader thing started with the Cowboys and it just needs to stop. Seriously, do we really need cheerleaders at Arrowhead? Has anyone besides the people in the 1st few rows actually heard them cheer? Maybe when the camera is on them, but I'd wager the schlub in section 327 can't follow the cheer. It's strictly a marketing tool to get rich old dudes to upgrade their gold seats to a suite.

The cheerleaders represent the team at a lot of glad handing functions. They also go out in the parking lots and schmooze the tailgaters. Also before the game you can find them in the Hall of Honor and get your picture taken with them. They mill around a lot.

InChiefsHeaven
03-04-2021, 01:30 PM
Just say NO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UXLOWM4GLP8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eh, blow it out yer ass. They do a lot of local charity stuff and interact with the crowd a lot during the games. The dancing is pretty tongue in cheek.

lawrenceRaider
03-04-2021, 01:32 PM
WFT WTF???

This is your kind of thing isn't it?

luv
03-04-2021, 02:40 PM
There will still be T&A to look at. They're simply getting some guys in there to lift the T&A and the heavy props. People are losing their minds over this?

luv
03-04-2021, 02:46 PM

Eh. If you want T&A, go to a strip club. I don't care who's standing in front of the stands. I'm there to watch a football game.

That's the difference between high school/college sports and pro. In high school/college, it's popular to go and hang out with friends, so people aren't necessarily into the game itself. Cheerleaders, in this case, help lead the crowd in cheers. At a pro game, people are spending good money for tickets because they are actually going to watch the game. They know when to cheer and don't need prodding.

Beef Supreme
03-04-2021, 03:08 PM
Yeah, just replace them with girls at Twin Peaks.

Girls who are hot AND bring you food. Good thinkin.

DeepPurple
03-04-2021, 03:53 PM
The Ravens have had male cheerleaders ever since they started in '96. They're like in college, they yeah the cheers and throw the girls up in the air and catch them.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c-YY5cL5x-Y/maxresdefault.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
03-04-2021, 03:56 PM
The Ravens have had male cheerleaders ever since they started in '96. They're like in college, they yeah the cheers and throw the girls up in the air and catch them.

And?

TinyEvel
03-04-2021, 04:12 PM
I'm glad that there will now be an option for guy cheerleaders to further their career past college. Not many paying jobs for throwing girls up in the air and catching them.

Eureka
03-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Just say NO

Heck if they went this route most fans could try out for the squad.

Eureka
03-04-2021, 06:31 PM

This is a part of my front row experience. When it's the end of the quarter or a TV break the Raiderettes come over to the end zone and shake their titties for me. I just drink my beer and watch respectfully like any gentleman would.

MTG#10
03-04-2021, 07:28 PM

Yeah but the Ravens are ghey so...

cooper barrett
03-04-2021, 07:32 PM
FIFU

This is a part of my front row experience. When it's the end of the quarter or a TV break the Raiderettes come over to the end zone and shake their titties for me. I just drink my beer with my, left paw FAP respectfully with the right, and hope the network cameras don't catch me again ..

MTG#10
03-04-2021, 07:37 PM

I dont think other teams should be taking cues from a franchise that is playing a RB at the QB position.

Eureka
03-04-2021, 08:28 PM
FIFU

:clap:

vonBobo
03-04-2021, 09:35 PM
They need to find some men to rush the passer