PDA

View Full Version : Poop Another question for the Plumbers.

cabletech94
03-13-2021, 03:01 PM
Had a sump pump stop pushing water out due the frigid/frozen temps this winter (more than likely a frozen output in the ground, it’s fine now). I have a backup submersible pump that I connect to a garden house and push the water that accumilates in the well from a basement window. The “house” pump had a 5 year warranty that was purchased and installed 2 years ago.
My plumber came out, replaced the pump with a used pump. I watched him take it off his truck, not in a box and frankly kind of dirty. I had to go back to work so my wife took over from me.
I got a bill for $350+ today in the mail. I’m assuming the 5 year warranty doesn’t cover a motor fail if that’s indeed what the plumber says it is.
Do I have any recourse or do I just take this on the chin? Any input is welcome, go ahead and flame away!!

Jewish Rabbi
03-13-2021, 04:25 PM
Didn’t read but Billay will clean your pipes

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2021, 04:50 PM
Yep, PM Billay

FlaChief58
03-13-2021, 05:21 PM
Just so I understand you, you bought a pump 2 years ago and it failed so the same plumbing company came out to replace it, did so with a used pump and then charged you to do so?

Standard labor or install warranties are 1 year, but the pump should be covered by the manufacturer. The time to address the issue of the used pump would have been when you watched him pull it out of his truck.

At this point, it's going to be a he said/she said deal unless you can somehow prove that he installed a used pump. I don't know what the going labor rates for plumbers are where you're at, but here, that's about right.

cabletech94
03-13-2021, 07:24 PM
Just so I understand you, you bought a pump 2 years ago and it failed so the same plumbing company came out to replace it, did so with a used pump and then charged you to do so?

Standard labor or install warranties are 1 year, but the pump should be covered by the manufacturer. The time to address the issue of the used pump would have been when you watched him pull it out of his truck.

At this point, it's going to be a he said/she said deal unless you can somehow prove that he installed a used pump. I don't know what the going labor rates for plumbers are where you're at, but here, that's about right.

Excellent. Thanks for the info.