PDA

View Full Version : Football The god-awful drive that changed NFL history | Dorktown

kcgreene
03-13-2021, 04:57 PM
It's always enjoyable to see how far we've come since the depths of Haley. Worth the watch.

https://youtu.be/wJLNQ83vm2g

Holladay
03-13-2021, 05:24 PM
The comment at 4:47 about the 2010 Chargers and their down fall had me giggling.

"The Chargers the year before, they boasted the best offense and defense. Unfortunately, they were abandoned by God, suffered a series of injuries on the special teams...."

The graphics are pretty cool as well.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-13-2021, 05:28 PM
Summary please. Not watching that dorktown crap

Holladay
03-13-2021, 05:49 PM
This was the first time I had seen Dorktown. I didn't think it was all that bad.

Cliff Notes: year 2011.

On one drive in the 3rd qtr, the Jets gain only 9 yds of offense but scored a TD. They started at their 3 and by Chiefs penalties marched down field to score. One was Unsportsman Conduct by Todd Haley. It results in his firing the next day, hiring Romeo for the rest of the season and subsequent firing the next season which allowed us to hire Andy and the rest is history.

Thus that one drive gave us the Superbowl and potential for many more.

kcgreene
03-13-2021, 05:55 PM
This was the first time I had seen Dorktown. I didn't think it was all that bad.

Cliff Notes: year 2011.

On one drive in the 3rd qtr, the Jets gain only 9 yds of offense but scored a TD. They started at their 3 and by Chiefs penalties marched down field to score. One was Unsportsman Conduct by Todd Haley. It results in his firing the next day, hiring Romeo for the rest of the season and subsequent firing the next season which allowed us to hire Andy and the rest is history.

Thus that one drive gave us the Superbowl and potential for many more.

Pretty much the synopsis. I'm honestly surprised that someone's not a fan of Dorktown. Almost every sports fan I know is a fan of Jon Bois' videos. To each their own.

If you liked this one, The Dorktown episodes regarding the 2010 Chargers failures and the Steve Bono run are remarkable, and his "Pretty Good" series was awesome (albeit it wasn't always sports related)

RealSNR
03-13-2021, 06:25 PM
God that picture of Todd Haley.

He has crazy girlfriend eyes. He's a fucking psychopath.

CasselGotPeedOn
03-13-2021, 06:31 PM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/483/348/bdd.jpg

RealSNR
03-13-2021, 06:46 PM

Also, it's actually pretty good stuff if you like to nerd out over weird sports anomalies. Their video on the Steve Bono run is magnificent. They also did an entire video about that 2010 Chargers team that was ranked #1 on offense AND defense in terms of yards, yet they missed the playoffs.

Frazod
03-13-2021, 06:47 PM
I have no memory of that drive. I tended to stop watching games during that era when they got to that level of getting fucking crushed. Especially since I had just watched them play the worse game I've ever seen in person at Soldier Field against the hapless Bears the week before.

One thing these guys didn't pick up on, though, was how Haley's 2010 team was a smoke and mirrors fraud that rode a ridiculously easy schedule to a crushing playoff loss to Baltimore. His only winning season was a fucking joke. Of course, I blame Pioli and Cassel for that as much as Haley, but he never had a decent team.

TLO
03-13-2021, 07:11 PM
I have no memory of that drive. I tended to stop watching games during that era when they got to that level of getting ****ing crushed. Especially since I had just watched them play the worse game I've ever seen in person at Soldier Field against the hapless Bears the week before.

One thing these guys didn't pick up on, though, was how Haley's 2010 team was a smoke and mirrors fraud that rode a ridiculously easy schedule to a crushing playoff loss to Baltimore. His only winning season was a ****ing joke. Of course, I blame Pioli and Cassel for that as much as Haley, but he never had a decent team.

Tyler Palko as our starting QB might have been our darkest hour on the field.

Frazod
03-13-2021, 07:16 PM
Tyler Palko as our starting QB might have been our darkest hour on the field.

I wonder what might have happened if Orton hadn't got injured in his only play for us against the Bears. He was clearly the best QB on the roster at the time. Not that that's saying much. :D

kcgreene
03-13-2021, 07:37 PM
I have no memory of that drive. I tended to stop watching games during that era when they got to that level of getting ****ing crushed. Especially since I had just watched them play the worse game I've ever seen in person at Soldier Field against the hapless Bears the week before.

One thing these guys didn't pick up on, though, was how Haley's 2010 team was a smoke and mirrors fraud that rode a ridiculously easy schedule to a crushing playoff loss to Baltimore. His only winning season was a ****ing joke. Of course, I blame Pioli and Cassel for that as much as Haley, but he never had a decent team.

They picked it up, just wasnt in this video. It's in the Chargers 2010 season video, and how the Chiefs were essentially smoke and mirrors that year. Made it to the playoffs while the 1st place Offense and 1st place Defense Chargers didn't. That video is below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UAL5X3TRA2A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJay23
03-13-2021, 09:15 PM
Also, it's actually pretty good stuff if you like to nerd out over weird sports anomalies. Their video on the Steve Bono run is magnificent. They also did an entire video about that 2010 Chargers team that was ranked #1 on offense AND defense in terms of yards, yet they missed the playoffs.

Their series on the Mariners is some of the best stuff I've watched on youtube.

kcgreene
03-13-2021, 09:29 PM
Their series on the Mariners is some of the best stuff I've watched on youtube.

Yes. Amazing. I cant believe I enjoyed a series so much on a team I honestly could care less about.

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2021, 12:56 AM
Love all their stuff.

jallmon
03-14-2021, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the link; very well done video with interesting points.

Frazod
03-14-2021, 12:30 PM
They picked it up, just wasnt in this video. It's in the Chargers 2010 season video, and how the Chiefs were essentially smoke and mirrors that year. Made it to the playoffs while the 1st place Offense and 1st place Defense Chargers didn't. That video is below.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UAL5X3TRA2A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I watched this last night. Wow, what a shit show. LMAO

Papi
03-14-2021, 01:33 PM
Good but damn, that could have been 5 minutes without the corny music and slow animated transitions.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-14-2021, 01:34 PM
Very dumb premise

Pasta Little Brioni
03-14-2021, 01:35 PM
Good but damn, that could have been 1 minute without the corny music and slow animated transitions.

Pablo
03-14-2021, 02:10 PM
Very dumb premise

Discuss Thrower Sr. didn't like something. Shocker.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-14-2021, 02:16 PM
Discuss Thrower Sr. didn't like something. Shocker.

Yeah shocking that work of art isn't impressive ROFL