PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reiter “considering” coming back to KC

Dante84
03-17-2021, 06:57 PM
****ing hell.
First Wylie, Nieman and Keizer, now this shit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> are interested in bringing back C Austin Reiter, according to sources. Reiter is currently considering the offer. <br><br>Over the past three seasons, Reiter has appeared in 42 games with 32 starts for the Chiefs.</p>&mdash; Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerbieTeope/status/1372350384677748738?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smithandrew051
03-17-2021, 06:59 PM
This place might implode

htismaqe
03-17-2021, 07:00 PM
ROFL

htismaqe
This place might implode

It's already starting.

The Franchise
I can only guess that Andrews price is too high and they don’t want to NEED a center going into the draft. Doesn’t stop them from taking one but I’m still not fan of bringing him back.

stevieray
In Bart they trust

Deberg_1990
03-17-2021, 07:01 PM
Yes!

Mecca
03-17-2021, 07:02 PM
The Dolphins are apparently throwing money at Andrews.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 07:04 PM
This really isn’t a bad option as long as he’s not too expensive and they draft a guy as well.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-17-2021, 07:05 PM
Reiter honestly wasn’t bad at all. Super bow different story tho

Sassy Squatch
Meh. He'll probably look a hell of a lot better not having to play next to that fucking worthless sack of shit Wylie.

BigChiefFan
Wow. The front office isn’t exactly swinging for the fences.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 07:07 PM

Yea they signed an All-Pro G and went after the best T in the market, but they clearly aren’t swinging for the fences!

O.city
03-17-2021, 07:07 PM
I mean, he’s fine. Not crazy expensive I’d guess.

Go for it

Cosmos
03-17-2021, 07:08 PM
ROFL

Veach workin it...LMAOLMAOLMAO

RunKC
03-17-2021, 07:09 PM
Reiter was pretty good in pass pro and that’s a lot better than expected. He’s much better than Wylie.

Playing next to Thuney should be great for him. Playing next to Thuney AND Long will be even better for the 5 games that happens until Long gets sent to the glue factory again

I’m all for it

The Franchise
03-17-2021, 07:11 PM
How much does he cost though?

BossChief
I hope the offer is for like 2/10 or less.

Mecca
How much does he cost though?

More than he should would be my guess.

BigChiefFan
03-17-2021, 07:12 PM
Yea they signed an All-Pro G and went after the best T in the market, but they clearly aren’t swinging for the fences!

“Went after” and obtaining aren’t exactly equal. I’d like to see our O-Line and entire team...IMPROVED. That stance shouldn’t be an issue.

Kman34
Meh... Spaghetti would be better...

Cosmos
Reiter was pretty good in pass pro and that’s a lot better than expected. He’s much better than Wylie.

Playing next to Thuney should be great for him. Playing next to Thuney AND Long will be even better for the 5 games that happens until Long gets sent to the glue factory again

I’m all for it

Until he sucks the life out of Thuney and makes Thuney a JAG.

This is NOT improving the OL....

The Franchise
03-17-2021, 07:13 PM
Ted Karras got $4 million from the Pats. Reiter better not be much more that.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 07:14 PM
:facepalm:

You were better as a lurker.

Well, you’re an eternal pessimist so we kinda expected that response.

I understand, though...I’m the eternal optimist so we are ying and yang.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 07:15 PM
“Went after” and obtaining aren’t exactly equal. I’d like to see our O-Line and entire team...IMPROVED. That stance shouldn’t be an issue.

They got 1, and “going after” is literally “taking a swing”.

They took 2 huge swings and got 1 HR. Yea it wasn’t the HR we preferred, but they tried.

That’s the definition of swinging for the fences.

tredadda
03-17-2021, 07:15 PM
One of the reasons we expected to lose Reiter was because was expected to get paid pretty well on the open market. Is he Hudson? Nope. Not sure there were many better options available that were better at this point. We really only missed out on Williams, but considering what he got for the length he got it was probably for the better. We can still address the C position in the draft, it's just not as big of a need anymore.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 07:16 PM

Your vagina has been bleeding all day. You need a tampon.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 07:16 PM

The grape juice boxes you like are in the garage fridge. Go play with your friends, champ.

BigChiefFan
03-17-2021, 07:17 PM
:facepalm:

You were better as a lurker.

Well, you’re an eternal pessimist so we kinda expected that response.

I understand, though...I’m the eternal optimist so we are ying and yang.

Because I don’t believe that every move the front office makes is perfect. Sorry, that ruffles your feathers. No need to make it personal.

comochiefsfan
03-17-2021, 07:17 PM
Veach sort of getting exposed these last couple days.

Remember when we thought he had some kind of master plan for the o-line?

Apparently that plan is Kyle Long and Austin Reiter.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-17-2021, 07:20 PM
Not a lot out there fellas. Andrews isn't a mauler either. Our G's were pretty much trash after Osemele blew both knees. (Although I do remember Kilgore and Allegretti har a couple good moments.) We ended up signing Witzman off the street and he started in the SB. That's pretty desperate.

Off topic: I wish we woulda left Wylie and Remmers where they were and gave Rankin the nod at LT with a lot of help. Not sure why they had to fudge the whole OL in the SB. There was no continuity.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 07:20 PM

Good fucking grief I swear this place has literally gone full retard today.

Veach is clearly done on day 1 of free agency. Trades aren’t an option, and the draft has been cancelled as well.

Fucking morons.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 07:22 PM
Because I don’t believe that every move the front office makes is perfect. Sorry, that ruffles your feathers. No need to make it personal.

I haven’t made anything personal. I’m just saying your takes are terrible and when you aren’t making terrible takes, you’re posting very old and irrelevant information.

Try harder.

Sassy Squatch

LMAO Goddamn, give the man a chance to do something first.

Chris Meck
Good ****ing grief I swear this place has literally gone full retard today.

Veach is clearly done on day 1 of free agency. Trades aren’t an option, and the draft has been cancelled as well.

****ing morons.

yeah, but I'm out of line for saying people need to relax.

BigChiefFan
03-17-2021, 07:23 PM
I haven’t made anything personal. I’m just saying your takes are terrible and when you aren’t making terrible takes, you’re posting very old and irrelevant information.

Try harder.

Fuck off.

tredadda
03-17-2021, 07:23 PM

Plan was probably Thuney and Williams as a Plan A. We got one. Probably weren't willing to go as high as SF was for Williams and rightfully so. This is still a deep draft for Oline from what everyone on here is saying and there is still talent out there in FA to be had and talent to draft.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 07:24 PM

You guys need to take a breath.

FFS today is the beginning of the new league year and some of you are ready to jump off a bridge.

We have the best GM in the NFL and he will utilize every resource available to get us back to the Super Bowl and keep Pat healthy.

Let the man work.

Chris Meck
03-17-2021, 07:26 PM
I'll tell you who's being exposed. A bunch of Chiefsplanet posters. Exposed as reactionary, knee-jerk emotional basket cases who can't use their damned heads.

There's zero chance that what we have on the offensive line right now is what we'll line up in September with no additions. There's zero chance Veach blew it up without several contingency plans in mind. There's zero chance. Just wait, damnit.

comochiefsfan
03-17-2021, 07:26 PM
You guys need to take a breath.

FFS today is the beginning of the new league year and some of you are ready to jump off a bridge.

We have the best GM in the NFL and he will utilize every resource available to get us back to the Super Bowl and keep Pat healthy.

Let the man work.Veach has done fine but Clark Hunt gave him Andy Reid and John Dorsey gave him a loaded offense.

Let's hold off on calling him the "best GM in the NFL."

Chief Pagan
03-17-2021, 07:27 PM
They got 1, and “going after” is literally “taking a swing”.

They took 2 huge swings and got 1 HR. Yea it wasn’t the HR we preferred, but they tried.

That’s the definition of swinging for the fences.

Yea, I always thought that swinging for the fence resulted in more strike outs and pop outs than home runs, but can't say that I'm much if a baseball fan.

But at this point something reliable would sound nice.

The Franchise
03-17-2021, 07:28 PM
Veach has done fine but Clark Hunt gave him Andy Reid and John Dorsey gave him a loaded offense.

Reid and Veach were together long before the Chiefs you fucking idiot.

Chris Meck
03-17-2021, 07:29 PM
Yea, I always thought that swinging for the fence resulted in more strike outs and pop outs than home runs, but can't say that I'm much if a baseball fan.

But at this point something reliable would sound nice.

How about a 3 time All-Pro who's 28 years old just a two days ago. You mean like that?

Jesus guys.

tredadda
Veach has done fine but Clark Hunt gave him Andy Reid and John Dorsey gave him a loaded offense.

Please. Stop.

Chief Pagan
I'll tell you who's being exposed. A bunch of Chiefsplanet posters. Exposed as reactionary, knee-jerk emotional basket cases who can't use their damned heads.

There's zero chance that what we have on the offensive line right now is what we'll line up in September with no additions. There's zero chance Veach blew it up without several contingency plans in mind. There's zero chance. Just wait, damnit.

If we want to panic, we going to ****** panic and ain't nobody going bring us down.

:harumph:

Chris Meck
03-17-2021, 07:30 PM
If we want to panic, we going to ****** panic and ain't nobody going bring us down.

:harumph:

knock yourself out.

But it's ridiculous to panic on March 17th.

If we're lining up Remmers at LT in September I'll panic with you.

tredadda
03-17-2021, 07:30 PM
How about a 3 time All-Pro who's 28 years old just a two days ago. You mean like that?

Jesus guys.

Ben Neimenn? Sorry, just wanted to lighten the mood.

Easy 6
03-17-2021, 07:31 PM
I can only guess that Andrews price is too high and they don’t want to NEED a center going into the draft. Doesn’t stop them from taking one but I’m still not fan of bringing him back.

Not really surprised they're hedging a little bit as the top shelf market begins to dry up around them

But the draft awaits, and theres plenty of time for other surprises... there is simply just no way they wanna roll with him again if it can be avoided

Chris Meck
03-17-2021, 07:32 PM
Ben Neimenn? Sorry, just wanted to lighten the mood.

LMAO

Chris Meck
03-17-2021, 07:33 PM
Not really surprised they're hedging a little bit as the top shelf market begins to dry up around them

But the draft awaits, and theres plenty of time for other surprises... there is simply just no way they wanna roll with him again if it can be avoided

I'd rather not, I don't think he or Wylie are starting quality players. But it looks like he wanted to test the waters and see if he could get a payday and nobody called.

As depth, it's fine. I'd just rather he wasn't a starter.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 07:38 PM

See, that’s exactly what I’m talking about.

Chief Northman
03-17-2021, 07:45 PM
Fuck this shit.

CEH getting tackled for losses because there is no middle push? Seen that for 8 years with Andy and Andy.

Lilmrp117
03-17-2021, 07:54 PM

They are also doing jack shit on any other position. All the good wrs are getting signed and we have nobody to replace twatkins. No defensive signings yet. Bringing back all the shit players. There's still time so I'm not panicking but it's not looking good so far.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 07:55 PM
They are also doing jack shit on any other position. All the good wrs are getting signed and we have nobody to replace twatkins. No defensive signings yet. Bringing back all the shit players. There's still time so I'm not panicking but it's not looking good so far.

Holy fucking shit it’s officially just day 1. You don’t go out and fill all of your needs on day 1 of free agency. Great a fucking grip and a clue.

Titty Meat
03-17-2021, 07:59 PM
Not a fan of this 1 meh

Buehler445
03-17-2021, 08:02 PM
If he’s cheap, OK. Would like to see competition come in.

Lilmrp117
03-17-2021, 08:06 PM
Holy ****ing shit it’s officially just day 1. You don’t go out and fill all of your needs on day 1 of free agency. Great a ****ing grip and a clue.

The difference makers go fast. What difference making wr is left other than juju and golladay? Even good backup options like rashard Higgins and john ross are gone. We have the money to be players in the first wave of free agency and it doesn't seem like they are doing it other than signing a guard.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 08:10 PM
The difference makers go fast. What difference making wr is left other than juju and golladay? Even good backup options like rashard Higgins and john ross are gone. We have the money to be players in the first wave of free agency and it doesn't seem like they are doing it other than signing a guard.

OMG John Ross is gone! We’re screwed!!!!

LMAO

There are plenty of options still available at WR. Many better than John fucking Ross.

MahomesMagic
03-17-2021, 08:21 PM
We are doing FA exactly right.

Pay stars. Look for bargains, value. Don't overpay the middle.

For those who want to overpay mediocrity this FA won't be for you.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-17-2021, 08:21 PM
Good ****ing grief I swear this place has literally gone full retard today.

****ing morons.

Didn't you hear, the cap went up, not down, oh wait, that's not it, we should be able to sign guys on the cheap that are highly talented free agents, why are we resigning these guys that know the system for pennies when there are super talented folk everywhere willing to play for cheap...

BossChief
03-17-2021, 08:23 PM
Fuck this shit.

CEH getting tackled for losses because there is no middle push? Seen that for 8 years with Andy and Andy.

I feel ya...but I’m ok with keeping good pass blockers as long as there’s a plan to upgrade.

I’m sure the contract we’ve offered Reiter is time sensitive and a bargain. He also has a skill that is arguably as important as any other.

Availability.

Reiter has started every game since taking over at Center for Morses corpse.

I won’t be at all thrilled if we’re giving him suggested retail price, though.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 08:24 PM
Holy fucking shit it’s officially just day 1. You don’t go out and fill all of your needs on day 1 of free agency. Great a fucking grip and a clue.

This fan base is becoming incredibly entitled and the lurkers are coming out in droves with horrid takes.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 08:26 PM
This fan base is becoming incredibly entitled and the lurkers are coming out in droves with horrid takes.

100%. Entitled is an understatement.

O.city
03-17-2021, 08:29 PM
Reiter is a fine player

5 fine players on the OL would be great

The Franchise
03-17-2021, 08:30 PM
If he’s cheap and they draft a replacement for next year.....sure. I’m not a huge fan but I can deal with it.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-17-2021, 08:30 PM

Actually we have some interesting speedsters on our PS. Antonio Callaway and Chad Williams have some explosive potential to go along with Tyreek, Mecole, and they just tendered Pringle. All burners. Some added, much needed, protection could go a long way with the group we have.

And no, we won't miss Watkins on our injury report or pay roll.

kccrow
03-17-2021, 08:50 PM
I much prefer Nick Martin to Reiter, but whatever Veach decides to do with it. Reiter isn't so bad, honestly.

Hammock Parties
03-17-2021, 08:52 PM
You guys are insane. This guy played 43 games for the best offense in football over the last three years.

It's fine if he's starting again.

The problem comes when you have five Austin Reiters starting. Not one.

Hammock Parties
03-17-2021, 08:53 PM
Reiter is a fine player

5 fine players on the OL would be great

Yep. People have lost their fucking minds.

Hoover
If you are one who wants to draft a center, bringing back Reiter does nothing to hinder that. The Long signing threw me for more of a loop than this, but I'm also one who thinks LDT needs to earn his playing time.

BryanBusby
claytex ain't wrong

Lilmrp117
03-17-2021, 09:03 PM
Actually we have some interesting speedsters on our PS. Antonio Callaway and Chad Williams have some explosive potential to go along with Tyreek, Mecole, and they just tendered Pringle. All burners. Some added, much needed, protection could go a long way with the group we have.

And no, we won't miss Watkins on our injury report or pay roll.

This is a good point. I actually like callaway a lot.

Hammock Parties
03-17-2021, 09:05 PM
Niang - Thuney - Reiter - LDT/Long - Rookie

Or reverse the tackles.

Yes, I will go to battle with that and Patrick Mahomes.

I trust Veach to be right about Niang and whomever he drafts.

Lilmrp117
03-17-2021, 09:07 PM
We are doing FA exactly right.

Pay stars. Look for bargains, value. Don't overpay the middle.

For those who want to overpay mediocrity this FA won't be for you.

You know who was a bargain? Marvin jones for about 7 mil a year. We absolutely need a wr to replace Watkins and we are not getting that in the bargain bin of free agency and probably not in the draft bc it takes a year or two to learn andy's offense.

It's possible they sign juju and shut me up, but I'm getting nervous with what I'm seeing. We should be players in the first wave of free agency - more so than just a guard.

MahomesMagic
03-17-2021, 09:09 PM
You know who was a bargain? Marvin jones for about 7 mil a year. We absolutely need a wr to replace Watkins and we are not getting that in the bargain bin of free agency and probably not in the draft bc it takes a year or two to learn andy's offense.

It's possible they sign juju and shut me up, but I'm getting nervous with what I'm seeing. We should be players in the first wave of free agency - more so than just a guard.

The longer you wait, the more the bargains show up. The WR market is saturated and the guys left are not getting what they expected.

KC will be in on the right veteran WR..patience.

Lilmrp117
03-17-2021, 09:10 PM
OMG John Ross is gone! We’re screwed!!!!

LMAO

There are plenty of options still available at WR. Many better than John ****ing Ross.

What difference makers are left at wr other than juju and golladay? My point about ross was that even young guys with upside are getting snatched up not that he was some all pro. If we miss on juju and golladay who do we sign then?

srvy

Dammit just cut Allegretti if you cant find a spot for him because Reiter just plain sucks. It's clear to me that KC targeted Thuney and lost out to Linsley that they also wanted. I think Veach has plans at tackle but when Chargers signed Linsley they shifted to see what it would take to get Williams. I am happy that fell through with injury history and age plus unknowns in health.

MahomesMagic
What difference makers are left at wr other than juju and golladay? My point about ross was that even young guys with upside are getting snatched up not that he was some all pro. If we miss on juju and golladay who do we sign then?

No interest in Ross at all.

Hated him before he even got drafted.

Hammock Parties
You guys need to trust Veach. He couldn't go throwing cash around until the Williams deal was yay or nay.

KChiefs1
03-17-2021, 09:15 PM
Veach doing mans work.

-King-
03-17-2021, 09:16 PM
Didn't you hear, the cap went up, not down, oh wait, that's not it, we should be able to sign guys on the cheap that are highly talented free agents, why are we resigning these guys that know the system for pennies when there are super talented folk everywhere willing to play for cheap...

I don't get why you're bringing money up when we were willing to pay Williams $100+mil.

For the record, I'm fine with Reiter. He's an ok player and if he's your 4th or 5th best lineman then you have a pretty good line. We need to get 2 more good players though. LT, RG, and RT are question marks. If Remmers is our RT coming back I think we really need to hit a home run on the LT.

Lilmrp117
03-17-2021, 09:16 PM
You guys need to trust Veach. He couldn't go throwing cash around until the Williams deal was yay or nay.

So the williams deal has been nay for a day now. Why are they just watching good players sign elsewhere especially at wr?

Pitt Gorilla
03-17-2021, 09:24 PM
Dammit just cut Allegretti if you cant find a spot for him because Reiter just plain sucks. It's clear to me that KC targeted Thuney and lost out to Linsley that they also wanted. I think Veach has plans at tackle but when Chargers signed Linsley they shifted to see what it would take to get Williams. I am happy that fell through with injury history and age plus unknowns in health.

What kind of stupid does it take to post something like this? Honest question.

Reiter and Pat have great chemistry and Reiter is plus in pass pro. He rarely (if ever) has a poor snap and has been reliable.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 09:27 PM
Reiter is our version of Casey Weigman.

There’s a lot of value in players like that.

As long as we don’t overpay, bringing him back on a short term deal is a smart move.

staylor26
03-17-2021, 09:30 PM
I don't get why you're bringing money up when we were willing to pay Williams $100+mil.

For the record, I'm fine with Reiter. He's an ok player and if he's your 4th or 5th best lineman then you have a pretty good line. We need to get 2 more good players though. LT, RG, and RT are question marks. If Remmers is our RT coming back I think we really need to hit a home run on the LT.

Niang is our starting RT.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 09:56 PM
LT ?
LG Thuney
C ?
RG Long/LDT
RT Niang

I’m bummed we didn’t end up with Silverback, too...but I can’t help but think Veach will bring us an equally as exciting LT thats younger with similar upside.

srvy
03-17-2021, 10:15 PM
What kind of stupid does it take to post something like this? Honest question.

Reiter and Pat have great chemistry and Reiter is plus in pass pro. He rarely (if ever) has a poor snap and has been reliable.

:LOL:

Yeah you have been sucking his dick for a while now but the truth of the matter is he is a turd and less than a JAG. The only reason he would consider coming back is he is not getting in interest.

-King-
03-17-2021, 10:26 PM
Niang is our starting RT.

Oh yeah. Always forget about him. So LT and RG left to fill then.

ModSocks
03-17-2021, 10:47 PM
They could do a lot worse that Reiter. He has to be a top 3 C FA this season. Not exciting, but at least its not a step backwards.

oldman
03-17-2021, 10:49 PM
Veach and Andy had a plan when they decided to let Reiter walk. My guess is that it is to give Allegretti a shot at C, since that's what we drafted him to be. Again, it's the 1st legal day of FA, so let's not get too excited.

Dunerdr
03-17-2021, 10:56 PM
If Reiter is the worst guy in the interior, it could be much worse. Maybe they like Allegretti at and plan to let them fight it out. Who fucking knows its so early in the process it doesnt much matter. You cant sign every fucking free agent stud out there. Clearly Silverdick and Thuney were priority 1. Nailed one down early and the other probably never intended on leaving SF but just used us for leverage knowing Veach was ready to go to war for him.

BossChief
03-17-2021, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah. Always forget about him. So LT and RG left to fill then.

Long, LDT and Wylie will compete at RG.

Dunerdr
03-17-2021, 11:19 PM

Thats three guys who have started for considerable stretches competing. Two weeks ago i would have been thrilled to hear that. People are acting like Bart Vatch hasnt done jack shit.

rabblerouser
03-17-2021, 11:22 PM
Meh. He'll probably look a hell of a lot better not having to play next to that ****ing worthless sack of shit Wylie.

This. As long as Wylie is gone, it's really addition by subtraction. If I were Wylie, I would've at least chop-blocked Suh and stomped him in the nuts a couple times on my way back to the locker room after getting kicked out of the game.

Would've helped out way more than whatever it was that you call what he did during the Super Bowl...

rabblerouser
03-17-2021, 11:22 PM

For fuck's sake, I hate Wylie.

rabblerouser
03-17-2021, 11:30 PM
So, I guess so far we're looking at :

LT : ?? (RANKINS??)
LG : Thuney
C: Reiter or Allegretti
RG : LDT or Long (I hate Wylie)
RT : Niang or Remmers

BossChief
03-17-2021, 11:32 PM
So, I guess so far we're looking at :

LT : ?? (RANKINS??)
LG : Thuney
C: Reiter or Allegretti
RG : LDT or Long (I hate Wylie)
RT : Niang or Remmers

Veach said in his presser it will be a combination of the draft and free agency to fix the OL.

All signs point to us drafting Fishers replacement at this point, but a stopgap will likely be signed.

rabblerouser
03-17-2021, 11:51 PM
Veach said in his presser it will be a combination of the draft and free agency to fix the OL.

All signs point to us drafting Fishers replacement at this point, but a stopgap will likely be signed.

Well, yeah. But if you're Bart Veatch and if that's your attitude, then you target your guy and trade up to make it happen. We're sitting at #31 as it is...that's basically the second fucking round. That's "best player available out of what's already left" territory.

Dante84
03-17-2021, 11:56 PM
Dont we have two PS guys in the mix? Prince something and Yasir Durant?

Dante84
03-17-2021, 11:57 PM
Related- didn’t Reid bench Reiter for Kilgore at one point for performance?

rabblerouser
03-17-2021, 11:59 PM
Dont we have two PS guys in the mix? Prince something and Yasir Durant?

Sorry, but I'm not going into camp banking on two PS JAGs to step up and protect my blue-chip, all-world, position-defining QB worth MORE than the half-a-billion that he's getting paid...not sorry, actually.

Dante84
03-18-2021, 12:01 AM
Sorry, but I'm not going into camp banking on two PS JAGs to step up and protect my blue-chip, all-world, position-defining QB worth MORE than the half-a-billion that he's getting paid...not sorry, actually.

Oh me either.

I’m just remembering that they were high on some developmental guys, and wonder if they are capable of filling the depth spots on the 53 for cheap.

rabblerouser
03-18-2021, 12:02 AM

I liked Kilgore better than Reiter and I liked Rankins better than Wylie AND LDT before he got hurt. I guess Reid looks at different criteria for his lineman than me. I look for that "NASTY STREAK" first, before technique. Technique can be taught, that's a coachable trait. I want to see someone who will rather kill someone than to let anyone touch the QB. John Alt, I remember him horsecollaring the piss out of Jr Seau to keep him off Joe Montana. I like that. Tackle the mother****er, **** them 10 yards. Run blocking, I also like that. Reid, not so much...

Anyone know what the deal is with Rankins, btw?

GloryDayz
03-18-2021, 06:46 AM
I appreciate the efforts the team is making to ensure Mahomes is protected. I'm glad they resisted the temptation to not be proactive and "see what happens" with returning injured players.

Wisconsin_Chief
03-18-2021, 07:43 AM
What this actually means is the Chiefs have a dirt cheap, short term offer on the table and Reiter hasn’t found jack squat on the market.

bobhill
03-18-2021, 08:37 AM
What's up with the tackle from Minnesota and the center from New England

YayMike
03-18-2021, 08:41 AM
What's up with the tackle from Minnesota and the center from New England

Both FA still. The tackle visiting Cincy, and no news yet on center.

tyreekthefreak
03-18-2021, 08:52 AM

It wasn't a benching. The game plan the first game against Buffalo was to run the ball.....which was all they did, and they ran it extremely well!!! Rieter was back starting the next week. Apparently Kilgore is a better run-blocker than Rieter.

Hook up Rieter while you can and keep looking to get better at center through FA/Draft! That's all you can do at this point...

Easy 6
03-18-2021, 08:53 AM
What this actually means is the Chiefs have a dirt cheap, short term offer on the table and Reiter hasn’t found jack squat on the market.

Because most teams want someone who can help get them a couple yards on 3rd and goal... yeah his pass blocking is above average, but hells bells I sure hope we can find someone a little more well rounded

smithandrew051
03-18-2021, 08:56 AM
Both FA still. The tackle visiting Cincy, and no news yet on center.

I’m under the assumption Veach has a plan.

You have to think that if Veach wanted Reiff bad then he would have signed by now. Apparently, Veach isn’t too high on him or he’s strategically not attacking that one.

I just find it very hard to believe that Veach made the moves to clear all this cap space without a plan beyond Trent Williams.

oldman
03-18-2021, 09:02 AM
Because most teams want someone who can help get them a couple yards on 3rd and goal... yeah his pass blocking is above average, but hells bells I sure hope we can find someone a little more well rounded

That's kind of where I'm at. This being only the 2nd day of legal FA, doesn't mean we have to panic and bring back Reiter for more than what he's worth. I still think the brain trust at 1 Arrowhead has Allegretti penciled in as the starter.

IowaHawkeyeChief
03-18-2021, 09:07 AM

Really? Ju Ju is a nightmare, cares more about Tik-Tok videos than his team and will get paid by some really stupid team... Veach is not really stupid, if we get Ju Ju it would be a cheaper 1 year deal with a short leash... JMO

rabblerouser
03-18-2021, 11:19 AM

All of which makes complete sense.

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2021, 11:50 AM
I liked Kilgore better than Reiter and I liked Rankins better than Wylie AND LDT before he got hurt. I guess Reid looks at different criteria for his lineman than me. I look for that "NASTY STREAK" first, before technique. Technique can be taught, that's a coachable trait. I want to see someone who will rather kill someone than to let anyone touch the QB. John Alt, I remember him horsecollaring the piss out of Jr Seau to keep him off Joe Montana. I like that. Tackle the mother****er, **** them 10 yards. Run blocking, I also like that. Reid, not so much...

Kilgore isn't near the pass-protector that Reiter and he never will be. That tends to matter to a team that wants to protect its QB, regardless of how "nasty" you may think they are/aren't.

Mecca
03-18-2021, 11:52 AM
Really? Ju Ju is a nightmare, cares more about Tik-Tok videos than his team and will get paid buy some really stupid team... Veach is not really stupid, if we get Ju Ju it would be a cheaper 1 year deal with a short leash... JMO

That's a little much honestly.

Pants
03-18-2021, 12:37 PM
Kilgore isn't near the pass-protector that Reiter and he never will be. That tends to matter to a team that wants to protect its QB, regardless of how "nasty" you may think they are/aren't.

This made me laugh so hard.

Where does Reiter fall in the "nasty" metric? ROFL

I hate the new Chief fan. Almost makes me miss the True Fan.

The Franchise
03-18-2021, 12:38 PM

Pitt Gorilla
03-18-2021, 12:39 PM

Who the **** knows?

DaneMcCloud
03-18-2021, 01:04 PM

The massively upgraded guard spots will help him out tremendously in the run game.

smithandrew051
03-18-2021, 01:53 PM
The massively upgraded guard spots will help him out tremendously in the run game.

This is being overlooked.

I didn’t want to bring Reiter back, because it seemed like the price tag would be too high.

I’m completely fine with Reiter on a short term reasonable deal. The $10 million + AAV is a little much for him.

I do like the idea of knowing who 4 of your 5 starters are, and feeling at least decent about all 4 of them. You aren’t forced to pick one in the draft. Allegretti becomes depth. Long is purely a luxury as well.

Wilson8
03-18-2021, 06:13 PM
C Nick Martin goes to the Raiders

C Ethan Pocic goes back to the Seahawks.

Lilmrp117
03-18-2021, 06:24 PM
Really? Ju Ju is a nightmare, cares more about Tik-Tok videos than his team and will get paid by some really stupid team... Veach is not really stupid, if we get Ju Ju it would be a cheaper 1 year deal with a short leash... JMO

I preferred Curtis Samuel and marvin jones but they're gone and juju is basically all that's left at wr. I don't consider golladay realistic. I guess hilton could be ok, but he old and a brokedick but not as broke as Watkins at least.

htismaqe
03-18-2021, 06:26 PM
This place is hilarious.

And fucking sad.

Dunerdr
03-18-2021, 08:04 PM
Oh me either.

I’m just remembering that they were high on some developmental guys, and wonder if they are capable of filling the depth spots on the 53 for cheap.

Prince wanohgo or wahtever has some upside. super raw but decent prospect.

OKchiefs
03-18-2021, 08:06 PM

I'm kind of surprised Rankin isn't getting talked about more. I almost wonder if he won't make the roster, he's been kind of forgotten. I thought once he came back fully healthy he might be a good piece but unless it's at tackle I'm not sure where he fits in.

bobhill
03-18-2021, 08:37 PM
Andrew's is going back to New England

RealSNR
03-18-2021, 08:41 PM
I'm kind of surprised Rankin isn't getting talked about more. I almost wonder if he won't make the roster, he's been kind of forgotten. I thought once he came back fully healthy he might be a good piece but unless it's at tackle I'm not sure where he fits in.

Rankin sucks. As a tackle in Houston he was Cam Erving-level bad.

As a guard there's such a small sample size of his work with the Chiefs that I'm not sure that's the real guy.

He was recovering from his injury last year, but I have the feeling if the coaching staff really thought he was capable of being a starting guard, he would have gotten a look much earlier than he did.

He'll be a camp body and still might make the team as depth, but I really wouldn't hold my breath.

KChiefs1
03-18-2021, 08:42 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/Jq7WUBf71Gju1vTe2A/giphy.gif

Hoover
03-18-2021, 08:52 PM
129 posts should be enough action to get this POS signed, right?

Wilson8
03-18-2021, 10:01 PM
Andrew's is going back to New England

Also Ted Karras who has played Center some the last couple of years, is returning back to New England after 1 year in Miami.

Wilson8
03-18-2021, 10:12 PM
Former Baltimore Ravens Center, Matt Skura signed with Miami Dolphins for 1 year $1,750,000.

Former Carolina Panthers Center Tyler Larsen signed with Washington Football Team for 1 year $1,040,000

When you add these to the others, this was a big day for free agent center signings.

If you look at the list of free agent centers, Austin Reiter is probably the best available.

Dunerdr
03-19-2021, 03:44 AM
Former Baltimore Ravens Center, Matt Skura signed with Miami Dolphins for 1 year $1,750,000.

Former Carolina Panthers Center Tyler Larsen signed with Washington Football Team for 1 year $1,040,000

When you add these to the others, this was a big day for free agent center signings.

If you look at the list of free agent centers, Austin Reiter is probably the best available.
Another way to look at it, All these other guys were preffered over him and they didnt get paid much.

Couch-Potato
03-21-2021, 09:34 PM
Let's get this one done already.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-21-2021, 11:05 PM
C Nick Martin goes to the Raiders

C Ethan Pocic goes back to the Seahawks.

Good. They're both trash.

Yeah, bring back Reeter. I'm not seeing anything much better if at all.

rabblerouser
03-22-2021, 05:13 AM
Another way to look at it, All these other guys were preffered over him and they didnt get paid much.

This is accurate.

rabblerouser
03-22-2021, 05:20 AM
Rankin sucks. As a tackle in Houston he was Cam Erving-level bad.

Everything sucks in Houston.

Maybe DeShaun Watson forced Rankin to suck?

(too soon?)