PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs JuJu Smith Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers.

JakeF
03-19-2021, 12:42 PM
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/3/19/22340380/juju-smith-schuster-turns-down-ravens-and-chiefs-to-stay-with-steelers-on-1-year-deal-nfl-rumors

JuJu Smith-Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers on 1-year deal
The Pittsburgh Steelers keep an offensive weapon in JuJu Smith-Schuster for the 2021 season.

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz Updated Mar 19, 2021, 1:30pm EDT

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers have seen many of their free agents leave to find new homes in the NFL. Players like Bud Dupree, Tyson Alualu and Mike Hilton are all calling a new team home. But one big name had yet to sign with another team.

That name was JuJu Smith-Schuster.

The longer Smith-Schuster remained a free agent, it seemed as if the chances were greater he would potentially return to the Steelers. Low and behold, Friday afternoon Smith-Schuster decided to stay in Pittsburgh, turning down offers from the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs to do so.

This from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network:

JuJu to the #Steelers on a 1-year worth $8M, source said. He had better offers from the #Ravens and the #Chiefs. But stays in PIT. https://t.co/Kz9aaR1srN

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 19, 2021
See what Smith-Schuster said himself on his verified Twitter account about returning:

This is my home, they’re gonna need a wrecking ball to take me outta here! PITTSBURGH I LOVE YOU, LET’S GO!!!!! pic.twitter.com/SPFvCLUmFl

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 19, 2021
So what did Smith-Schuster turn down to come back to Pittsburgh? According to NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti, the deals were as follows:

Sources tell me these were the other offers

KC 8 mill with 3 mill incentives
Steelers 8 mill
Baltimore 9 mill 4 incentives

— Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) March 19, 2021
Additionally, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Eagles were also in the mix with a larger contract.

JuJu Smith-Schuster also turned down more money on a multi-year deal from the Eagles than he took to return to the Steelers, per source. The Eagles’ were a secret suitor. But Smith-Schuster loved Pittsburgh and its fans too much to leave. https://t.co/X8gitZYxwd

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 19, 2021
The return of Smith-Schuster might be viewed as him signing a one-year “prove it” type deal. With the salary cap dipping to $182.5 this year, it is safe to say Smith-Schuster is betting on himself to play well, and earn more money in 2022 when the salary cap is expected to balloon up over $200 million dollars.

In his four years in Pittsburgh, Smith-Schuster has seen his role tweaked as the wide receiver room has changed. Taking a league by storm his first two seasons, Smith-Schuster earned a Pro Bowl bid in 2018 when he had 1,426 receiving yards on 111 receptions. After an injury riddled 2019, as well as missing quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Smith-Schuster led the Steelers in receptions in 2020 with 97. His 831 receiving yards last season was third on the Steelers behind Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool, and his nine receiving touchdowns was tied with Claypool.

Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes on the Steelers as

cmh6476
03-19-2021, 12:42 PM
this is being labored to death in the free agent thread :lol:

comochiefsfan
03-19-2021, 12:44 PM
His loss.

FloridaMan88
03-19-2021, 12:56 PM
Just like with Trent Williams, it's his loss.

displacedinMN
03-19-2021, 12:56 PM
I would like to know how someone with the ego of JuJu or Antonio Brown would do at the Chiefs.

Would Andy, Kelce, HB, and Mahomes be able to take them and turn them into honorable humans? Winning can do that. So can the right people.

siberian khatru
03-19-2021, 12:57 PM
Oh, good, a separate bitch thread

Pasta Little Brioni
03-19-2021, 01:00 PM
Why is this a thread? We have already talked it to death in the FA thread where it belongs.

Oh that's right, you want to be a whiny, toddler

TribalElder
03-19-2021, 01:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BBrfnk7.png (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

Marcellus
03-19-2021, 01:06 PM
Good deal.

dannybcaitlyn
03-19-2021, 01:08 PM
I guess we’ll be resigning D-Rob.

BWillie
03-19-2021, 01:16 PM
I would like to know how someone with the ego of JuJu or Antonio Brown would do at the Chiefs.

Would Andy, Kelce, HB, and Mahomes be able to take them and turn them into honorable humans? Winning can do that. So can the right people.

I don't see how JuJu's attitude can even be compared to someone like Antonio Brown. JuJu is a good teammate.

notorious
03-19-2021, 01:19 PM
Thank goodness

KCUnited
03-19-2021, 01:20 PM
Sounds legit

jettio
03-19-2021, 01:21 PM
I wonder how much of the alleged incentives offered by Ravens and Chiefs was about being less of an attention whore.

Publicizing allegedly rejected offers seems like another dick move.

Deberg_1990
03-19-2021, 01:26 PM
Big Ben is a stud

Dartgod
03-19-2021, 01:28 PM
Why is this a thread? We have already talked it to death in the FA thread where it belongs.

Because mega-threads suck for someone who doesn't spend much time there. I haven't clicked on the free agent thread and probably won't. So this particular thread was informative AND fun for me.

RealSNR
03-19-2021, 01:56 PM

Dude. The ruling on megathreads is that they can contain news, but they aren't the ONLY source or place they can get posted. Individual news headlines that affect the Chiefs also get their own thread as long as somebody posts it. That's so people who missed logging onto Chiefs Planet for a few hours can read and learn about the original headline as it occurred.

It's a pretty simple compromise for both sides. And it's been that way for years.

BigBeauford
03-19-2021, 02:02 PM

I agree, we start filling the front page up with news about football, and we are liable to miss threads like "Titty sacks why u mad"?

ThyKingdomCome15
03-19-2021, 02:04 PM
"The Cheetah and Kelce are ball hogs." Juju

RealSNR
03-19-2021, 02:21 PM
Some chiefs fan on chiefs planet dot com once called me “Doo Doo Shit Poopster.”

Skyy God
03-19-2021, 02:46 PM
Big Ben is a stud

That’s one of your best trolls yet.

Deberg_1990
03-19-2021, 02:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources tell me these were the other offers <br><br>KC 8 mill with 3 mill incentives <br>Steelers 8 mill <br>Baltimore 9 mill 4 incentives</p>&mdash; Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) <a href="https://twitter.com/TaylorBisciotti/status/1372961970907869187?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 19, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kysirsoze
03-19-2021, 02:54 PM
Pretty cool actually. I would have liked to have him but this is a rarity. Steelers fans would probably die for him about now.

Skyy God
03-19-2021, 02:58 PM
Eh, at least he didn’t go to Baltimore.

Good luck catching balls from Brokedick Ben next year.

Mephistopheles Janx
03-19-2021, 03:04 PM

I, for one, am glad it was posted because I don't pay attention to MEGA threads.

MTG#10
03-19-2021, 05:20 PM

Fuck mega threads.

Thanks JakeF.

Dunerdr
03-19-2021, 05:56 PM
I mean, learn a new offense and be the third target in KC, play with no qb in bal or go back where you have chemistry and no the system in pitt.

Straight, No Chaser
03-19-2021, 06:39 PM
Apparently, playing with Mahomes is an all that it’s cracked up to be. Bart left at the altar again.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-19-2021, 07:14 PM
IDK what's going on. Not a bad free agency at all. I just figured we could get anyone we wanted if the money was close.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-19-2021, 07:17 PM
Dude. The ruling on megathreads is that they can contain news, but they aren't the ONLY source or place they can get posted. Individual news headlines that affect the Chiefs also get their own thread as long as somebody posts it. That's so people who missed logging onto Chiefs Planet for a few hours can read and learn about the original headline as it occurred.

It's a pretty simple compromise for both sides. And it's been that way for years.

Agreed, but it's yet another passive aggressive Jake F bitchfest

notorious
03-19-2021, 07:18 PM
I don't see any reason to have JuJu on this team.

None.

Halfcan
03-19-2021, 07:41 PM

None.

:thumb:
yep, he is a moron Steeler and can stay one.

Rasputin
03-19-2021, 08:01 PM
Guess winning Super Bowls isn't a high priority to him so glad we didn't get him.

In58men
03-19-2021, 08:35 PM

None.

Juju

Hill

Kelce

Hardman

CEH

Tell me you wouldn’t be fucking excited to see this?

A Salt Weapon
03-19-2021, 09:54 PM
Fuck him, didn’t want to see him in a Chiefs uniform anyways, he can stay with a shitty ass franchise that has a rapist for a QB and has the nfl rig super bowls so he can win one.

BlackOp
03-19-2021, 10:16 PM
It's a down year for the cap...he took a one year deal to hit FA next off-season.

Playing 3rd wheel/learning a new system wasn't going to pad his stat sheet..it's a smart financial move.

JakeF
03-20-2021, 10:56 AM
Agreed, but it's yet another passive aggressive Jake F bitchfestNo, it's not.

It's you bitching about me again for no reason.

I repeated the title of the story. I didn't make it up myself. GFY.

RunKC
04-08-2021, 03:07 PM
Wow Andy really wanted this guy

“Andy Reid was just calling me and he was sending me Lombardi Trophy pictures, like constantly,” Smith-Schuster said on “The Michael Irvin Podcast,” via 610 Sports Radio. “We had a good talk, so it would have been KC after the Steelers.

“Like, he texted [Lombardi Trophy pictures] to me while I was trying to make a decision, and you know I have so much respect for him and his team, so yeah.”

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-08-2021, 03:09 PM
Could’ve gotten JuJu now we left with D Rob

TLO
04-08-2021, 03:13 PM

"Hi Friends, Jeff Briggs, Olathe Dodge Chrysler Jeep at 119th and I-35. Listen, I've got too much inventory and I'll do ANYTHING.... I mean ANYTHING to sell you a new car. We're dealing. Come take advantage of me. Think I'm kidding? Come see me on the showroom floor, I'll walk you into my office, and you can jam a stapler up my ass. Seriously. Up to the third knuckle if you like. This weekend it's our tent sale. I'll be on the roof of the dealership with a basket full of adorable golden lab puppies. And if we don't sell 100 pre-owned cars by Sunday at 6PM, I'll kill each and every one of these puppies. Still not enough? Come test drive a Dodge Challenger and my wife Wanda will give you a handie, absolutely free. One handie per customer please. And your trade has never been worth more. Hell, buy a new Jeep Grand Cherokee, and we'll accept your children in trade. We sell them into slavery in the third world. I don't care what you have to do to get here, just get here... I'm Jeff Briggs, and DAMN IT, GET OUT HERE AND BUY A CAR, AND BUY IT TODAY!!!!!!"

siberian khatru
04-08-2021, 03:19 PM
Andy should've made him an offer he couldn't refuse: Texted him pics of his mother with a gun to her head, saying "Either her brains or your signature will be on this contract."

Skyy God
04-08-2021, 05:18 PM
They should have ‘shopped his Frenchie in a Chiefs jersey.

TribalElder
04-08-2021, 10:04 PM
Andy should have made a tiktok of himself dancing on a steelers logo

JuJu career numbers with the steelers

team record
2017 - 13-3
2018 - 9-6
2019 - 8-8
2020 - 12-4

two playoff games ever both losses
2017 - LOSS - 42-45 Jacksonville over Steelers
2020 - LOSS - 37-48 Cleveland over Steelers

keep dancing you fucking wierdo

BossChief
04-08-2021, 10:24 PM
He would have been a solid #2 WR for a year here and would have gotten us a nice comp pick the following year when we would let him walk in a filthy right free agency period...but we will get a solid #2 in the draft that will be cheap.

Next year will be a learning curve at WR at the beginning of the year...but once the kids get acclimated, skys the limit. I bet we draft 2wrs. 1 in the first 3 rounds snd one after the first 3 rounds.

Red Dawg
04-09-2021, 07:44 AM
Ju Ju is a moron. He's decided he wants to be on a losing team.

htismaqe
04-09-2021, 08:07 AM
Ju Ju is a moron. He's decided he wants to be on a losing team.

Not just a losing team but a team in clear decline with no long-term solution at QB.

He obviously had it in mind that it would be easier to showcase himself in Pittsburgh because that's what he cares about most - himself.

KChiefs1
04-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Guess winning Super Bowls isn't a high priority to him so glad we didn't get him.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_5I8xK5UVeQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nickhead
04-10-2021, 12:03 AM
jj simply didn't want to settle for 600 yards and 3 td's when he could in theory be the number one guy next year in pittsburg :thumb:

Otter
04-10-2021, 11:49 AM

D Rob is pretty solid and has a repour with Patrick. Why him and Sorenson get shit on so much is a fucking mystery. Some of you fucks would bitch if you found Megan Fox naked on your kitchen table in the morning.

RealSNR
04-10-2021, 11:58 AM
D Rob is pretty solid and has a repour with Patrick. Why him and Sorenson get shit on so much is a fucking mystery.

They're just pissy that not everything went KC's way in free agency basically through no fault of Veach or the Chiefs. It was clear that Williams and Juju had no intention at all to sign with us unless we went WAY over the offers they got with their original teams. Probably not the smartest thing to do.

Sorensen still has shit thrown his way from the time he was pretty much one of our starting safeties. And yeah, in those cases, he's not a good player. Same thing with Robinson. Multiple times when he's been forced to be the #2 (or that time he was the #1 against the Colts... bleeechh) the offense has pretty much grounded out. He didn't help matters last year when he picked up this newfound fumbling habit, either.

All of these guys are depth only. They've been productive in those roles in the past, and ideally that's where they stay. I don't blame people for wanting to see someone better in those roles in case we suffer an injury or two, but they both cost nothing (well, Robinson does... not sure about Sorensen) and every championship team has guys like them on the team. It's not the end of the world that they're still here.

Otter
04-10-2021, 12:07 PM
They're just pissy that not everything went KC's way in free agency basically through no fault of Veach or the Chiefs. It was clear that Williams and Juju had no intention at all to sign with us unless we went WAY over the offers they got with their original teams. Probably not the smartest thing to do.

Sorensen still has shit thrown his way from the time he was pretty much one of our starting safeties. And yeah, in those cases, he's not a good player. Same thing with Robinson. Multiple times when he's been forced to be the #2 (or that time he was the #1 against the Colts... bleeechh) the offense has pretty much grounded out. He didn't help matters last year when he picked up this newfound fumbling habit, either.

All of these guys are depth only. They've been productive in those roles in the past, and ideally that's where they stay. I don't blame people for wanting to see someone better in those roles in case we suffer an injury or two, but they both cost nothing (well, Robinson does... not sure about Sorensen) and every championship team has guys like them on the team. It's not the end of the world that they're still here.

Agree 100%.

It's just that Patrick's, Travis's, and Hill's aren't easy to come by. This is arguably the most talented team in the league and people still find a reason to bitch.

And I'd go to war with Dirty Dan anyday.

Bowser
04-10-2021, 12:18 PM
jj simply didn't want to settle for 600 yards and 3 td's when he could in theory be the number one guy next year in pittsburg :thumb:

This is a good point. Kelce and Hill are SO good, FA receivers are afraid they won't get looks and numbers here, thereby ruining future contract numbers. I'm assuming.

Redbled
04-10-2021, 02:54 PM
D Rob is pretty solid and has a repour with Patrick. Why him and Sorenson get shit on so much is a ****ing mystery. Some of you ****s would bitch if you found Megan Fox naked on your kitchen table in the morning.

She better have made breakfast too.

thabear04
10-11-2021, 07:03 AM
Steelers’ WR JuJu Smith-Schuster is believed to have suffered a season-ending shoulder injury, per Gerry Dulac.

Dunerdr
10-11-2021, 08:42 AM
Steelers’ WR JuJu Smith-Schuster is believed to have suffered a season-ending shoulder injury, per Gerry Dulac.

We are getting him cheaper next season.

TribalElder
10-11-2021, 10:59 AM
out for the season after shoulder surgery
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clarification: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Steelers</a> WR JuJu Smith-Schuster is having surgery, source said, but the surgery has not happened yet. It will, but it hasn’t yet. The decision to have surgery came last night. His status remains the same, as he is expected to miss the season. <a href="https://t.co/H3vwleS6fF">https://t.co/H3vwleS6fF</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1447603790346166274?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC
01-16-2022, 09:22 PM
So glad we didn’t sign this turd

Jewish Rabbi
01-16-2022, 09:44 PM
I bet he has a tiny penis

TribalElder
01-16-2022, 10:37 PM
Andy should have made a tiktok of himself dancing on a steelers logo

JuJu career numbers with the steelers

team record
2017 - 13-3
2018 - 9-6
2019 - 8-8
2020 - 12-4

two playoff games ever both losses

keep dancing you ****ing wierdo

UPDATE
3 playoff games all 3 losses
2021 - LOSS - 42-21 Kansas City over Steelers

Munson
01-16-2022, 10:49 PM
He chose.......poorly.

CasselGotPeedOn
01-16-2022, 10:52 PM
Tik Tok bitch

Simply Red
01-16-2022, 10:56 PM
this guy is trash.

Wisconsin_Chief
01-17-2022, 08:58 AM
Nice choice, JuJu.

Don't worry, Andy won't be calling again this off-season.

displacedinMN
01-17-2022, 09:10 AM
no juju for juju last night
watch him take ab's spot in TB next year.

Deberg_1990
01-17-2022, 09:13 AM
We’ve done better with our combo of Hardman, Pringle and Robinson this year.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2022, 09:21 AM
we are laughing

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/A5IkjzYoHJ">https://t.co/A5IkjzYoHJ</a> <a href="https://t.co/lXJ9fozd88">pic.twitter.com/lXJ9fozd88</a></p>&mdash; Kali Mahomes (@ClayWendler) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/1483097019476590594?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 17, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch
01-25-2022, 02:32 PM
NOW he wants to come LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: JuJu Smith-Schuster interested in signing with Chiefs as free agent. <a href="https://t.co/PY2Hfp1wsG">https://t.co/PY2Hfp1wsG</a> <a href="https://t.co/FbWTGOdied">pic.twitter.com/FbWTGOdied</a></p>&mdash; theScore (@theScore) <a href="https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1486060186972340226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

smithandrew051
01-25-2022, 02:35 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Report: JuJu Smith-Schuster interested in signing with Chiefs as free agent. <a href="https://t.co/PY2Hfp1wsG">https://t.co/PY2Hfp1wsG</a> <a href="https://t.co/FbWTGOdied">pic.twitter.com/FbWTGOdied</a></p>&mdash; theScore (@theScore) <a href="https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1486060186972340226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cheap 1-2 year deal. Welcome aboard.

The Franchise
01-25-2022, 02:36 PM
I’ll still take him as a #2/3 WR. As long as he’s getting paid like one.

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2022, 02:38 PM
Cheap 1-2 year deal. Welcome aboard.

Fuck that, he can pay US to play here.

BryanBusby
01-25-2022, 02:39 PM
I have a lot less interest in this vs last Spring. I think I would pass.

hawkchief
01-25-2022, 02:40 PM

Take a number Juju. Lots of guys will want to come here. You might have missed your chance.

smithandrew051
01-25-2022, 02:41 PM

That’s where I’m at. I think we draft 1 pretty early and sign a vet like Juju on a discount.

Add that to Hill and Hardman. Pretty solid group. Much better than this year likely.

ModSocks
01-25-2022, 02:45 PM

Lol, he picked a bad year to be a F/A WR. There's gonna be some legit studs this offseason.

Chark please, thanks.

Dante84
01-25-2022, 04:46 PM

Veach offered $8M + $3M incentives last year.

Since then, he ****ed his shoulder up and put up shitty stats in just 5 games.

If we can get a combo of him AND EITHER Godwin OR Robinson, I'll be thrilled. Then we can get a developmental WR in the mid-rounds, and hopefully Powell has evolved in the offseason.

1- Tyreek Hill
2- Chris Godwin OR Allen Robinson
3- JuJu Smith-Schuster
4- Mecole Hardman
5- Byron Pringle
6- Rookie or Cornell Powell

Let D-Rob, Kemp, Gordan, Fountain etc... walk.

With that shored up, we can go all in on Defense in the draft, and maybe a random RT & RB or something for the offense.

DRM08
01-25-2022, 04:48 PM
If he wants to join, that's fine. But the money needs to be cheap.

St. Patty's Fire
01-25-2022, 04:49 PM
Lol, he picked a bad year to be a F/A WR. There's gonna be some legit studs this offseason.

Chark please, thanks.

Chark would be fucking insane (in a good way)

Dudes a monster but he plays for Jacksonville so

Imagine him in a real offense

Rainbarrel
01-25-2022, 04:53 PM
I've heard he has a lot of on field Hardman moments & off field Tyrann SM moments

WhawhaWhat
01-25-2022, 05:05 PM
Chark would be ****ing insane (in a good way)

Dudes a monster but he plays for Jacksonville so

Imagine him in a real offense

Chark would be my #1 target for WRs. He's 6'4 and runs a 4.34 in the 40. He's had good production with Bortles, Minshey and Foles throwing to him. He may be too expensive but it would be worth seeing what he wants.

RealSNR
01-25-2022, 05:08 PM

If we can get a combo of him AND EITHER Godwin OR Robinson, I'll be thrilled. Then we can get a developmental WR in the mid-rounds, and hopefully Powell has evolved in the offseason.

1- Tyreek Hill
3- JuJu Smith-Schuster
4- Mecole Hardman
5- Byron Pringle

With that shored up, we can go all in on Defense in the draft, and maybe a random RT & RB or something for the offense.
There is no freaking way we can afford Chris Godwin.

Wait. It's Veach we're talking about.

Welcome aboard, Chris Godwin!

The Franchise
01-25-2022, 05:09 PM

1- Tyreek Hill
3- JuJu Smith-Schuster
4- Mecole Hardman
5- Byron Pringle

I don’t think Godwin is a possibility. Robinson might be if he wants to take a prove it deal to boost his ability to get a contract next year.

MahomesKnows
01-25-2022, 05:36 PM
I like the idea of Chark as well. I think he would be a great third option in the offense. He's been hurt so he might be a little cheaper as well. Hopefully the injuries don't become a problem (like Watkins).

UChieffyBugger
01-25-2022, 05:44 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's part of the Chark fanclub. I'd be utterly stunned if he isn't the guy Veach goes for tbh. Good age, height, speed, runs good routes etc...just a perfect option to play alongside Tyreek and Travis imo.

Bowser
01-25-2022, 05:57 PM
I don’t think Godwin is a possibility. Robinson might be if he wants to take a prove it deal to boost his ability to get a contract next year.

Either one of them. Can you imagine this offense with Hill, Godwin/Robinson, Kelce, Hardman and Pringle all on the field in a five wide set?

I hate to be the dumb turd that says it, but I just don't know how Veach could pull off a Godwin/Robinson AND deal with Orlando Brown AND Tyrann Mathieu AND possibly Tyreek AND Melvin Gordon AND Charvarious Ward. Maybe I'm overthinking and SNR has it. Hopefully.

Sassy Squatch
01-25-2022, 06:02 PM
Either one of them. Can you imagine this offense with Hill, Godwin/Robinson, Kelce, Hardman and Pringle all on the field in a five wide set?

I hate to be the dumb turd that says it, but I just don't know how Veach could pull off a Godwin/Robinson AND deal with Orlando Brown AND Tyrann Mathieu AND possibly Tyreek AND Melvin Gordon AND Charvarious Ward. Maybe I'm overthinking and SNR has it. Hopefully.
Take Mathieu off that list. No reason to pay him top $$$ when his best years are already behind him.

smithandrew051
01-25-2022, 06:04 PM
I’d pass on Godwin. Coming off an injury late in the year and he’ll be expensive as fuck.

I think we’ll be a bit more on a budget than that.

Chark would be a better value.

DTVietnam
01-25-2022, 06:26 PM
too late bitch:

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster expressed interest in signing with the Kansas City Chiefs as a free agent, sources told Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network.

Smith-Schuster is on track to hit the open market in March. He took a one-year deal to stay with the Steelers last year after turning down offers from the Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens.

A shoulder injury limited Smith-Schuster to 15 catches for 129 yards over five regular-season appearances in 2021. He returned months ahead of schedule to play in the Steelers' postseason loss to the Chiefs.

Smith-Schuster has spent his entire five-year career in Pittsburgh. He said at the end of the season that "it would be nice to stay for another four years," but it's unclear how far the Steelers are willing to extend themselves financially to keep him.

The Steelers selected Smith-Schuster in the second round of the 2017 draft. The USC product rose to stardom with a 1,426-yard campaign in 2018, but he hasn't reached the 1,000-yard mark since.

Sassy Squatch
01-25-2022, 06:37 PM
Huh. Spotrac has Chark at a market value of just under 12 million. Shocked it's that low TBH, regardless of injury.

Direckshun
01-25-2022, 07:10 PM
Honestly, guys, we just need a #2. It’s not possible for us to acquire two #2 WRs as some of you are suggesting. We have a HOF QB, and we’ve already got a HOF TE and a HOF-caliber WR. We’re okay.

Meanwhile, we’ve got an entire DL and secondary to rebuild.

If you get a Godwin OR a Robinson OR hit on a 1st or 2nd round pick OR, sure, you go for JuJu because you know he’s better than he looked this year…. That moves Pringle to #3 and Hardman is your X factor speedster. Everybody is where they fit.

It’s like this year’s DL. You didn’t need to rebuild it for it to look excellent, you only needed a legit starting DE in Ingram and everybody else could slide into the role they work best in.

In 2022, Veach should make a #2 WR a priority, but he’s going to need to invest a lot of time and resources in DL and secondary.

Imon Yourside
01-25-2022, 07:13 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tfn8GT-9008" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Munson
01-25-2022, 07:20 PM
I'm ok with JuJu if it means we don't bring back DRob.

Coach
01-25-2022, 07:39 PM
Fuck him.

He had his chance, he decided that going back to Shitsburgh is better than here. And he lost out a ring because of his piss-poor decisions, which is par on course for him.

I'd rather take Allen Robinson any day over this Tik Tok attention seeking whore. If he wants to come here, he'll need to take the vet minimum, no more.

KChiefs1
01-25-2022, 07:49 PM
I'm ok with JuJu if it means we don't bring back DRob.

Hell yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKchiefs
01-25-2022, 07:58 PM
**** him.

He had his chance, he decided that going back to Shitsburgh is better than here. And he lost out a ring because of his piss-poor decisions, which is par on course for him.

I'd rather take Allen Robinson any day over this Tik Tok attention seeking whore. If he wants to come here, he'll need to take the vet minimum, no more.

He made a decision to stick with the team that drafted him in a year of uncertainty and a lower cap, is it really the end of the world? It’s not like he pulled an Emmanuel Sanders. If he comes at a decent price I don’t see why not, pair him with a WR in the first 3 rounds and we have some pretty good depth.

Also, Allen Robinson won’t be cheap even after a down year.

smithandrew051
01-25-2022, 08:00 PM
I can’t wait to see this place when Jackson Mahomes and JuJu start making TikToks together

Bwana
01-25-2022, 08:20 PM
too late bitch:

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster expressed interest in signing with the Kansas City Chiefs as a free agent, sources told Aaron Wilson of Pro Football Network.

Smith-Schuster is on track to hit the open market in March. He took a one-year deal to stay with the Steelers last year after turning down offers from the Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens.

A shoulder injury limited Smith-Schuster to 15 catches for 129 yards over five regular-season appearances in 2021. He returned months ahead of schedule to play in the Steelers' postseason loss to the Chiefs.

Smith-Schuster has spent his entire five-year career in Pittsburgh. He said at the end of the season that "it would be nice to stay for another four years," but it's unclear how far the Steelers are willing to extend themselves financially to keep him.

The Steelers selected Smith-Schuster in the second round of the 2017 draft. The USC product rose to stardom with a 1,426-yard campaign in 2018, but he hasn't reached the 1,000-yard mark since.

Enjoy the AFC championship game JuJu!
https://shop.steelers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3f2d8d848c7696150338d1a021206cc6/s/t/steelers_sofa_3d.jpg

ForeverIowan
01-25-2022, 08:37 PM
Are the Chargers expected to tag or extend Mike Williams? I think hed be a perfect fit in our offense. Mahomes has never had a big and physical jump ball receiver. Of all the free agent receivers I think he intrigues me the most.

Titty Meat
01-25-2022, 08:39 PM
Averaged 8.6 a catch the last few years meh our WRs have really showed out the last month or so. I would rather get another pass rusher and upgrade the secondary if possible.

Coach
01-25-2022, 08:40 PM
He made a decision to stick with the team that drafted him in a year of uncertainty and a lower cap, is it really the end of the world? It’s not like he pulled an Emmanuel Sanders. If he comes at a decent price I don’t see why not, pair him with a WR in the first 3 rounds and we have some pretty good depth.

Also, Allen Robinson won’t be cheap even after a down year.

I don't care. He should pay the Chiefs just to be here. He had his chance, he passed. That's on him.

I'll take my chances on the draft finding a WR instead of paying this guy, or overpay Allen Robinson who is a fantastic receiver, stuck with complete shit QB's.

ForeverIowan
01-25-2022, 08:41 PM
Sign Juju on a reasonable deal I could get on board with this:

Tyreek Hill
Jameson Williams
Juju
Hardman as your gadget player.

A Salt Weapon
01-25-2022, 08:45 PM
Nah fuck him. He choose a team over us last year, this is a rare case of it’s not business it’s personal. Let him spend the rest of his shitty career wondering what if and sitting ringless.

KChiefs1
01-25-2022, 08:54 PM

Tyreek Hill
Jameson Williams
Juju

I could get onboard with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baitism
01-25-2022, 08:55 PM
Hard pass

Red Dawg
01-25-2022, 08:58 PM
Build the pass rush.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-25-2022, 09:03 PM
Fuck him. I’d rather have D Rob back. He’s a team player and is a really good blocker. Plus he won’t make Tik Toks and be a distraction.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-25-2022, 09:04 PM
Build the pass rush.

Must re sign Ingram. Ingram has just been a stud this year and these playoffs. I’d sign him to a 2 year deal with a option for a third

neech
01-25-2022, 09:09 PM

Tyreek Hill
Jameson Williams
Juju

Where did Pringle go?

Easy 6
01-25-2022, 09:13 PM
Dealers choice here, we can take or leave his services right now... plenty of other big names will come calling no doubt

Just how bad do you wanna be Mahomes #2 target

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-25-2022, 09:14 PM
Dealers choice here, we can take or leave his services right now... plenty of other big names will come calling no doubt

Just how bad do you wanna be Mahomes #2 target

#3 actually behind Kelce and Hill. Hardman has been improving a lot actually. I wanna see what he does with another season under his belt. We need to re sign our own FA. Tyreek is gonna cost 25 mil a year just an FYI

Easy 6
01-25-2022, 09:23 PM
#3 actually behind Kelce and Hill. Hardman has been improving a lot actually. I wanna see what he does with another season under his belt. We need to re sign our own FA. Tyreek is gonna cost 25 mil a year just an FYI

Hardman has almost certainly earned a spot next year, used correctly he is a legit weapon

But we're still in limbo on the 2 spot, is Pringle the man or not... it cannot be left to chance imo, we either draft high or sign a vet or BOTH

Make Pringle fight for every rep

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-25-2022, 09:25 PM
Hardman has almost certainly earned a spot next year, used correctly he is a legit weapon

But we're still in limbo on the 2 spot, is Pringle the man or not... it cannot be left to chance imo, we either draft high or sign a vet or BOTH

We just don’t have the cap space to sign any decent FA. We have to re sign Brown (18-20 mil), Tyreek (25 mil), Ward (12 mil), Ingram (8 mil), Mathieu (?) maybe.

BossChief
01-25-2022, 09:29 PM
I think I’d rather roll with Hill (on a contract extension), Mecole, Pringle (on a reasonable extension if he hasn’t played his way out of KCs price range for him) and 2 talented rookies than giving Juju a deal, even if it’s what we offered him last year.

Mecca
01-25-2022, 09:30 PM
We just don’t have the cap space to sign any decent FA. We have to re sign Brown (18-20 mil), Tyreek (25 mil), Ward (12 mil), Ingram (8 mil), Mathieu (?) maybe.

Wards not coming back...

Brown and Hill will be back..

The rest of the guys all bets are off. I think they'll try to do something with Ingram and Mathieu but they aren't gonna pay TY 20 a year I don't see that.

We're gonna lose a lot of guys and the defense specially will look very different next year.

BossChief
01-25-2022, 09:43 PM

The cap will not stop us from adding to the roster.

Hills extension will save us close to 10-12m. We can open up a cookie jar of Pats deal to save another 22m. Cutting Clark as June 1st saves us 20m. That’s over 30m in cap space to add to the 22m we are projected to have before any moves.

We have good backs. Our OL is set outside of the obvious Brown extension. Our QBs are set. We really can only use an upgrade at one WR spot with a vet.

I can see us going after Michael Thomas after NO cuts him, as he won’t factor into the comp pick formula and should be fully healthy and an amazing fit for our offense opposite Hill. If we lose Pringle to FA and add MT on a price it deal, that would be an upgrade on the field as well as a comp pick.

Ward deserves a nice second contract and I’d love to get Ingram back while also replacing Clark with Ogbah.

BossChief
01-25-2022, 09:45 PM
Wards not coming back...

Brown and Hill will be back..

The rest of the guys all bets are off. I think they'll try to do something with Ingram and Mathieu but they aren't gonna pay TY 20 a year I don't see that.

We're gonna lose a lot of guys and the defense specially will look very different next year.

It’s worth having a conversation about the value of guys like Pringle and Ward.

With the cap exploding, I can see both of them getting more than anyone thinks they will.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-25-2022, 09:49 PM

Hills extension will save us close to 10-12m. We can open up a cookie jar of Pats deal to save another 22m. Cutting Clark as June 1st saves us 20m. That’s over 30m in cap space to add to the 22m we are projected to have before any moves.

We have good backs. Our OL is set outside of the obvious Brown extension. Our QBs are set. We really can only use an upgrade at one WR spot with a vet.

I can see us going after Michael Thomas after NO cuts him, as he won’t factor into the comp pick formula and should be fully healthy and an amazing fit for our offense opposite Hill. If we lose Pringle to FA and add MT on a price it deal, that would be an upgrade on the field as well as a comp pick.

Ward deserves a nice second contract and I’d love to get Ingram back while also replacing Clark with Ogbah.

I’m excited to see what Kaindoh and Danna can do. Danna has always been a good DE.

ForeverIowan
01-25-2022, 09:53 PM

Id love it and admittedly dont know enough about our cap situation but cant imagine we could swing a contract Michael Thomas will demand. We did go hard after Trent Williams this past offseason though so clearly Veach is willing to push all his chips in for a splash signing.

I get infatuated with building these dream team offenses and grabbing a super star #2 WR opposite of Hill. As long as Mahomes has #10 and #87 they seem to be able to score at will when they kick it into high gear during the playoffs.

Investing in pass rushers to get after Allen/Burrow/Herbert might just be the better investment. That is why Veach and Reid are the best in the business I'll trust them to make those decisions.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-25-2022, 09:59 PM
Id love it and admittedly dont know enough about our cap situation but cant imagine we could swing a contract Michael Thomas will demand. We did go hard after Trent Williams this past offseason though so clearly Veach is willing to push all his chips in for a splash signing.

I get infatuated with building these dream team offenses and grabbing a super star #2 WR opposite of Hill. As long as Mahomes has #10 and #87 they seem to be able to score at will when they kick it into high gear during the playoffs.

Investing in pass rushers to get after Allen/Burrow/Herbert might just be the better investment. That is why Veach and Reid are the best in the business I'll trust them to make those decisions.

We will need a CB if Ward leaves. Fenton is good enough

Mecca
01-25-2022, 10:17 PM
If you cut Clark and Hitchens which is a given at this point the Chiefs roughly have 43 million dollars of room.

The list of FAs though is very long and we will lose name guys...
Orlando Brown
Tyrann Mathieu
Jarran Reed
Melvin Ingram
Charvarious Ward
Mike Remmers
Daniel Sorensen
Byron Pringle
Chad Henne
Darrell Williams
Ben Niemann
Kyle Long
Demarcus Robinson
Blake Bell
Alex Okafor
Austin Blythe
Jerick McKinnon
Michael Burton
Derrick Nnadi
Andrew Wylie
Armani Watts
Dorian O'Daniel

Also
Lammons, Kemp, Gore and Forson are RFAs I believe.

Not all those guys are good but thats a ton of FAs and a ton of depth to have to replace in 1 year.

Reroka
01-25-2022, 10:24 PM
Would love to have JuJU on the team next year with hill and Kelce.

BossChief
01-25-2022, 10:44 PM
If you cut Clark and Hitchens which is a given at this point the Chiefs roughly have 43 million dollars of room.

The list of FAs though is very long and we will lose name guys...
Orlando Brown
Tyrann Mathieu
Jarran Reed
Melvin Ingram
Charvarious Ward
Mike Remmers
Daniel Sorensen
Byron Pringle
Chad Henne
Darrell Williams
Ben Niemann
Kyle Long
Demarcus Robinson
Blake Bell
Alex Okafor
Austin Blythe
Jerick McKinnon
Michael Burton
Derrick Nnadi
Andrew Wylie
Armani Watts
Dorian O'Daniel

Also
Lammons, Kemp, Gore and Forson are RFAs I believe.

Not all those guys are good but thats a ton of FAs and a ton of depth to have to replace in 1 year.
We currently have 22m in cap space before any moves.
Frank will be a June 1st cut, saving KC 19.5m.
Hitchens, if cut as expected, saves 8.5m
Extending Tyreek saves 12-15m.
Browns first year cap number will be 7m or less

That leaves over 50m in cap space after the Brown and Hills probable extensions.

Tyrann is 30, undersized, has injury and speed concerns and is becoming a FA in a good FA class of safeties and a nice draft class, as well.

Jaraan is also 30 and shouldn’t break the bank…though I’d count him as a priority re-sign if his cost is reasonable.

Nnadi would be nice to keep, but he’s not a guy you outbid anyone to keep.

Ingram is 33 and shouldn’t be expensive.

Ward, Pringle, Wylie, Fortson and McKinnon/Williams are the guys I’d love to have back and the rest can be replaced on the cheap or with any of our draft picks.

I honestly think we have the space to sign a premier WR to make a truly historic offense as well as bringing back anyone we want to bring back.

Mecca
01-25-2022, 10:49 PM
Nnadi I'm not worried about, run stuffing DTs rarely get paid much money these days.

The biggest issue I see there is losing 2 of your top 4 CBs and losing 3 of your 4 safeties.

Top that off with basically having to retool the entire DE position and yea that's some work.

RunKC
01-25-2022, 11:06 PM
Nnadi I'm not worried about, run stuffing DTs rarely get paid much money these days.

The biggest issue I see there is losing 2 of your top 4 CBs and losing 3 of your 4 safeties.

Top that off with basically having to retool the entire DE position and yea that's some work.

I think they’ll add a WR as the flash move but will add a value DB too.

I think our first 2 picks in the draft will be a DL and DB

BossChief
01-26-2022, 12:53 AM

This offseason Veach will have more cap space and more draft picks than he’s had during his time in KC.

Veach won’t lose anyone he really wants to keep.

DRM08
01-26-2022, 05:20 AM
This offseason Veach will have more cap space and more draft picks than he’s had during his time in KC.

Veach won’t lose anyone he really wants to keep.

It will be nice to move on from some of those big money contracts that seem to be hurting the defense in particular.

Then again, you wonder about defense in general these days. Buffalo had the #1 defense in the league, a group that did a pretty good job in the first matchup with KC. Yet the Chiefs torched them for 550 yards and 42 points the other day. At some point you start to wonder...maybe just go all in with the offense? Load up on as much quality depth as possible with the OL, WR, RB group.

ljmhawk
01-26-2022, 05:28 AM
It will be nice to move on from some of those big money contracts that seem to be hurting the defense in particular.

Then again, you wonder about defense in general these days. Buffalo had the #1 defense in the league, a group that did a pretty good job in the first matchup with KC. Yet the Chiefs torched them for 550 yards and 42 points the other day. At some point you start to wonder...maybe just go all in with the offense? Load up on as much quality depth as possible with the OL, WR, RB group.

no

Mephistopheles Janx
01-26-2022, 06:43 AM
Fuck him. I’d rather have D Rob back. He’s a team player and is a really good blocker. Plus he won’t make Tik Toks and be a distraction.

:shake:

If there is one WR on this squad that I would hold the door open while someone punted them out of it... it is D Rob.

CatfishBob2
01-28-2022, 12:09 AM
You guys are a tough crowd. Didn't Melvin Ingram turn us down for the Steelers?

CapsLockKey
01-28-2022, 12:36 AM
If he comes at a discount I don't set how adding him is a bad thing. He'd be a legit #2 in this offense. Can't fault him for staying with the team that drafted him for another year for familiarity sake especially if he knew it was Ben's last ride. Needs to tone down the tic tok shit though.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-28-2022, 12:56 AM
If he comes at a discount I don't set how adding him is a bad thing. He'd be a legit #2 in this offense. Can't fault him for staying with the team that drafted him for another year for familiarity sake especially if he knew it was Ben's last ride. Needs to tone down the tic tok shit though.

JuJu is overhyped. When he was the true #1 on his team, he couldn’t perform. He just wants to collab with Jackson on his TikToks

dallaschiefsfan
01-28-2022, 07:44 AM
If we let Pringle and D-Rob walk...unless Powell, Fountain and others are making dramatic moves up the depth chart, we'll need WR's next year. Whether it's Chark or JuJu or someone else in that spectrum of talent that doesn't break the bank, we need to consider it...and if he's there, you absolutely take Jameson ALSO. Kelce has more life in him, but we need to start acquiring possible pass-catchers for the next wave. If we don't lose Pringle and D-Rob to FA this year and sign them to low-cost contracts, I might reconsider signing a FA WR.

Chris Meck
01-28-2022, 09:40 AM
JuJu is overhyped. When he was the true #1 on his team, he couldn’t perform. He just wants to collab with Jackson on his TikToks

I think you're missing that we don't need him to be a #1.

We need him to perform like he did when Brown was the #1 in Pittsburgh.

Substitute Hill for Brown and look at it again.

Chris Meck
01-28-2022, 09:41 AM
If we let Pringle and D-Rob walk...unless Powell, Fountain and others are making dramatic moves up the depth chart, we'll need WR's next year. Whether it's Chark or JuJu or someone else in that spectrum of talent that doesn't break the bank, we need to consider it...and if he's there, you absolutely take Jameson ALSO. Kelce has more life in him, but we need to start acquiring possible pass-catchers for the next wave. If we don't lose Pringle and D-Rob to FA this year and sign them to low-cost contracts, I might reconsider signing a FA WR.

No need to let Pringle walk, and he can take D-Rob's snaps just fine. Pringle is an okay player to split #3 snaps with Hardman.

Rainbarrel
01-28-2022, 09:44 AM
We currently have 22m in cap space before any moves.
Frank will be a June 1st cut, saving KC 19.5m.
Hitchens, if cut as expected, saves 8.5m
Extending Tyreek saves 12-15m.
Browns first year cap number will be 7m or less

That leaves over 50m in cap space after the Brown and Hills probable extensions.

Tyrann is 30, undersized, has injury and speed concerns and is becoming a FA in a good FA class of safeties and a nice draft class, as well.

Jaraan is also 30 and shouldn’t break the bank…though I’d count him as a priority re-sign if his cost is reasonable.

Nnadi would be nice to keep, but he’s not a guy you outbid anyone to keep.

Ingram is 33 and shouldn’t be expensive.

Ward, Pringle, Wylie, Fortson and McKinnon/Williams are the guys I’d love to have back and the rest can be replaced on the cheap or with any of our draft picks.

I honestly think we have the space to sign a premier WR to make a truly historic offense as well as bringing back anyone we want to bring back.

So we can trade for Rodgers

:)

Simply Red
01-28-2022, 09:51 AM
Pump the brakes on Fortson, we need to see what we have there first.

tredadda
01-28-2022, 09:52 AM
No need to let Pringle walk, and he can take D-Rob's snaps just fine. Pringle is an okay player to split #3 snaps with Hardman.

DRob needs to be let go after the year. His snaps and targets are going down and he is a huge liability with the ball in his hands.

Nickhead
06-17-2022, 05:52 AM

This is a good point. Kelce and Hill are SO good, FA receivers are afraid they won't get looks and numbers here, thereby ruining future contract numbers. I'm assuming.

if rumors are true, that JJ was told in advance that reek would be traded, then this theory is spot on :thumb: