PDA

View Full Version : Science Ten Things About Getting Shot at Arrowhead

gblowfish
03-20-2021, 08:44 PM
Ten Things About Getting Shot at Arrowhead 3/20/21

10. I’m almost 62 years old. My health isn’t great. it’s not terrible, but not great. I’m old, fat, have some “chronic morbidities” -I just love that term; it’s so…. judgmental and oppressive. I take maintenance meds prescribed by my Doc Vinnie Boom Bats (his real name is actually Vinnie). I’ve managed to live thus far in the midst of a worldwide pandemic that has contributed to the death of over a half a million Americans in the last calendar year. I’ve been super careful not to get sick. I’ve been trying to get shot for two months now. My wife received her double dose of Moderna weeks ago. Many of my friends of my age group got their shot weeks ago. I registered with the state and scurried and searched just like everyone else. I had an offer about a week ago to drive to Sedalia, MO for a Moderna shot, but held out for the one and done J&J. That’s what happened today. I got an email on Tuesday from the State of Missouri offering me a spot at the great Arrowhead shootout this weekend. They said it would be a J&J vaccine, so I signed up right away. My appointment was for 6pm. Wanted to enjoy my Saturday as usual, and with daylight savings still get out there while the sun was up and it was still warm.

9. Before I left home, I burned a CD for mood music. It was called “Just Shoot Me.” Some of the selections include “Fever” by Peggy Lee, “Jump in the Line” by Harry Belafonte, “Bad Medicine” by Bon Jovi, “Rockin Pneumonia” by Johnny Rivers, “Cardiac Party” by Jack Mack - you get the idea.

8. So I left the house around 5:15. Like wearing clean undies to the doctor, I took the car through the car wash so they wouldn’t think I was a total slob. After the Car Wash, still had 20 mins to kill so I went into Hi Boy by US 40 and Blue Ridge and got a coke. Went in gate 3 off Blue Ridge at ten till six. The parking cones wound around to the entrance to Lot L, where the action was. National Guard guys all over the place, probably a couple hundred of them directing traffic and lining up the cars.

7. First they put us in multiple rows, asked to see the invitation to the shindig -which I printed out from the State's Email- and then had to fill out a one page form. While we worked on that, they sent other lines of cars on down the way for “shooters row.”

6. After about ten minutes they ushered our row of cars around the bend into the shooting zone. First a nice lady with an IPAD came up to the car and asked me to read her the info off the sheet they had me fill out. They just entered it electronically, and didn’t want the form. Then a nurse lady came up, asked me to roll up my sleeve. She said “tomorrow your arm may be sore, just take some tylenol.” I said “Would Jim Beam be OK?” She said “Sure, whatever works.” I hate needles so I looked the other way and she shot me. Wasn’t much different than a flu vaccination. Little sting, not too bad. After she shot me she dropped the syringe in my car. I said “Ooo…souvenir!" She asked me to open my door, which I did, and she retrieved it.

5. After the shooting, they had us sit for about 15 minutes to make sure nobody had a bad reaction. I just cranked the tunes and enjoyed myself. It was a nice day, sun was just starting to lower in the West behind Arrowhead.

4. After the cooling off period, they let our line of cars pull out. I made sure to say THANK YOU to as many of the soldiers and nurses as I could. They said they’d most likely shoot around 4,000 people just today. That’s pretty amazing when you think of it.

3. So after I got out of Arrowhead, I called Fun House and ordered a pizza. Pizza was going to take around 20 minutes, so I took the scenic route. Went through south Independence, some of my old stomping grounds, and got a large pie with italian sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms. Took it back to Stately Wayne Minor to share with Mrs B, and thus ended the journey.

2. They told me to photocopy my CDC card in case I had to prove to somebody that I indeed got the shot. So I’m doing that tonight. Then I’ll put my card away in a safe place somewhere here in the house. Guess I’m all done now, until at what time they decide we all need a booster shot.

1. What I take away from all this is a tremendous feeling of joy and relief. I never thought I’d be happy to take a shot in the arm. But right after I left Arrowhead I had two overwhelming feelings: One, a great feeling of freedom for not having to worry so much about getting sick and dying. Yes, it may still be possible to get Covid, but I have to think my odds are much better now at being protected. And the feeling of freedom for not being so scared of groups of people or getting breathed on by the unmasked. I feel like I can go see my friends again now, and not worry about infecting anybody. Also, no matter what your politics may be, I’m grateful to the government and the military and the health workers for doing this for me today. Seldom do you feel the direct result of government actions on your daily life. I certainly felt it today, and it was a good thing. I’m so thankful and relieved to have been protected. I hope all of you will go and get your shot just as soon as you can. It’s no worse than a regular flu shot. Don’t cost nuthin, and you’re doing your part to help crush the Pandemic. Brighter days are ahead.

I’ll attach some pics of today’s proceedings as described above.

gblowfish
03-20-2021, 08:46 PM
Here's a few more photos:

CaliforniaChief
03-20-2021, 08:48 PM
Congrats George! Glad you got the shot. I got my first Moderna shot yesterday.

mlyonsd
03-20-2021, 08:51 PM
LOL @ #6.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2021, 08:51 PM
What is that round disc thing in the first pic?

RollChiefsRoll
03-20-2021, 08:52 PM
Fun House Pizza. Fuck, that’s a childhood flashback.

gblowfish
03-20-2021, 08:57 PM

Music is your best entertainment value!

flinchfree
03-20-2021, 09:00 PM
Well done man, how it's supposed to work.
Hope my wife and I aren't far behind you.

eDave
03-20-2021, 09:00 PM
Lol. Nice. I'm glad you didn't die.

gblowfish
03-20-2021, 09:04 PM
Lol. Nice. I'm glad you didn't die.

Me too. That would have put a real damper on my otherwise excellent day.

Pablo
03-20-2021, 09:09 PM
Just make sure you pull up in the correct Jeep and everything will go smoothly.

alpha_omega
03-20-2021, 09:12 PM
Question g, is that Fun House as good as the original in Raytown was?

Rain Man
03-20-2021, 09:14 PM

It appears to be some sort of MP3 player, but I've never seen one that looks like that.

I'm still waiting impatiently for my shot. I was hoping to get it done before a planned trip in April, but that's not going to happen. Maybe the first shot, which would be nice.

srvy
03-20-2021, 09:22 PM
#7 shooters row struck my funny bone and nearly spit out a gulp of beer.

eDave
03-20-2021, 09:24 PM
Me too. That would have put a real damper on my otherwise excellent day.

I know that sounded like a joke but there are some guys here that I was genuinely concerned over at times because you are old as fuck.

Hey, what was the overall mood there?

Kman34
03-20-2021, 09:26 PM
Congrats Mr. Blowfish...

EPodolak
03-20-2021, 09:33 PM

Its the music thingy I thought George was only joking about. He really made it and labeled it too. :)

big nasty kcnut
03-20-2021, 09:52 PM
Great read george. Yeah working after getting the shot is not good would not recommend

gblowfish
03-20-2021, 09:56 PM
Question g, is that Fun House as good as the original in Raytown was?

Yep. I went to the one in Raytown many times. My grandparents lived at 66th and Laurel. The one on US 40 has been there forever. There's one out in Lee's Summit too, but I've never been to that one.

oldman
03-20-2021, 10:16 PM
Glad to hear you're vaxed. Oldwoman and I will get our 2nd of Moderna on 3/31. Our family should all be done in the next month, so summer will be a lot better than last year.

Hamwallet
03-20-2021, 10:24 PM
Go ahead and romper room me for this...

Every vaccine was rushed

We are still seeing side effects from vaccines from 30-50 years ago before they where worked out.

I am not taking this shot or shots’ and my pregnant fiancé is also not taking it.

This was a political grab and you cannot convince me otherwise. If you are 60 plus sure, take the vaccine, if you are 30 or below....

eDave
03-20-2021, 10:27 PM
What's the point of that shit? A positive thread and you just have to shit on it to be an asshole and tell us all something we don't give a shit about.

Screw RR. You should be banned for this.

Chiefspants
03-20-2021, 10:27 PM
Go ahead and romper room me for this...

Every vaccine was rushed

We are still seeing side effects from vaccines from 30-50 years ago before they where worked out.

I am not taking this shot or shots’ and my pregnant fiancé is also not taking it.

This was a political grab and you cannot convince me otherwise. If you are 60 plus sure, take the vaccine, if you are 30 or below....

Depends on your field, dude. Wife and I are both teachers. Wife is immunocompromised and there have been four outbreaks at her school this year. Been a nervous year for sure. She was able to avoid it but some of our co-workers haven’t been so lucky. Wife got vaxxed. I’m getting it, too. I know there are folks who are scared about the process and the what if’s behind it but what we know for sure is that COVID-19 would tear her lungs apart if she caught it.

Hamwallet
03-20-2021, 10:29 PM
Depends on your field, dude. Wife and I are both teachers. Wife is immunocompromised and has had four outbreaks at her school. She got vaxxed. I’m getting it, too. I know there are folks who are scared about the process and the what if’s behind it but what we know for sure is that COVID-19 would tear her lungs apart if she caught it.

This shit scares me. That’s all I’m saying.

Hamwallet
03-20-2021, 10:32 PM
What's the point of that shit? A positive thread and you just have to shit on it to be an asshole and tell us all something we don't give a shit about.

Fuck you if you think I should be injected with a vaccine that many other countries are banning depending on the source.

Chiefspants
03-20-2021, 10:34 PM
This shit scares me. That’s all I’m saying.

I get it, I really do. We had a son in October and it’s so hard to know what the best move is when this year has been so unpredictable and so much has happened outside our control. In terms of the side effects. They aren’t much different than the Jap-E vaccine and some of the other heavy duty ones we’ve had when traveling abroad. The Jap-E vaccine was much rougher on her than the COVID one, for instance.

I won’t try to convince you, promise. All I’ll say is that I empathize with that fear and after reflecting on our daily exposure, our career, and the risks she and our son had, we opted to get the shots. I reminded myself a lot that we had essentially a modern day space race with the most intelligent people in medicine looking for a solution to a pandemic that impacted the entire world. That’s what I continued to remind myself at the end of the day.

**** you if you think I should be injected with a vaccine that many other countries are banning depending on the source.

The AstraZeneca one is being connected to blood clots (and it never was approved for use in the U.S.). We did research into the side effects of the Pfizer and Moderna ones and so far no one in our workplaces or communities have had severe side effects from them. Again, all we can hope for is the best about this.

flinchfree
Anti vaxxers lol.
Last seen on Fleets of Schooners dropping off the side of Flat Mother Earth.

Hamwallet

I can make another email and be right back here like you are with your alt accounts in DC dipshit.

Hamwallet
03-20-2021, 10:37 PM
Anti vaxxers lol.
Last seen on Fleets of Schooners dropping off the side of Flat Mother Earth.

We haven’t cured many things and bam! We solved the worst pandemic in 100 years. Get your shot! Please. Do it.

cdcox
03-20-2021, 10:39 PM
My state opened to 55+ on Friday. I'm booked for next week. J&J one and done. So psyched, even though my personal behavior won't change until case numbers drop to levels that indicate herd immunity (or something close) has been obtained.

eDave
03-20-2021, 10:42 PM
Fuck you if you think I should be injected with a vaccine that many other countries are banning depending on the source.
I can make another email and be right back here like you are with your alt accounts in DC dipshit.
We haven’t cured many things and bam! We solved the worst pandemic in 100 years. Get your shot! Please. Do it.

You need to check yourself. I don't give a shit if you get injected or not. Nor does anyone else.

And sorry, George. I've said my peace.

flinchfree
03-20-2021, 10:44 PM

If you're waiting for 100% anything you'll wait all your life.
One of the clearest things we've seen over the last century is the efficacy of vaccines and improvement to medicine overall.

Frankly, I'm surprised you allow yourself to use this thing called a computer powered by invisible magic called electricity, and for which you would have called for a lovely witches burning no doubt if you were a Salem'ite of old.

Hold your breath, press you luck, and don't worry.
The smart people of the world will save your ungrateful ass regardless of your wanting it.

Hamwallet
03-20-2021, 10:47 PM
If you're waiting for 100% anything you'll wait all your life.
One of the clearest things we've seen over the last century is the efficacy of vaccines and improvement to medicine overall.

Frankly, I'm surprised you allow yourself to use this thing called a computer powered by invisible magic called electricity, and for which you would have called for a lovely witches burning no doubt if you were a Salem'ite of old.

Hold your breath, press you luck, and don't worry.
The smart people of the world will save your ungrateful ass regardless of your wanting it.

Dipshit

cdcox
03-20-2021, 10:51 PM
Hamwallet, what is your thought process when you look at the number of people in your age group who have died from COVID vs the number of people in your age group who have died from the vaccine? Or comparing people who have had long COVID vs. severe side affects from the vaccine? No judgement, just asking you to express your thoughts.

flinchfree
03-20-2021, 10:54 PM
Dipshit

Your mother dropped you on your head......
And told you it wasn't safe to go to doctors.
And now look where you are.
Tryin to splain science.
So sad.

mlyonsd
03-20-2021, 10:58 PM
Everyone should just let it go. George was asked to do a Ten things thread about getting the shot.

Good for him he's glad he did it. Drop the nonsense.

Titty Meat
03-20-2021, 11:24 PM
Good stuff George glad you got the shot. J&J right?

I was out in Independence Friday for my shot at the walmart out there. Got the moderna one.

As I made the drive down 40 highway I thought of you. I saw "Hi Boy Burgers" thought about pulling in but I had Taco John's on the mind instead. Which is a treat for me.

Along the way I passed the Gates BBQ you always talk about and even Fun House. Which I'm definitely ordering sometime soon.

eDave
03-20-2021, 11:28 PM
When you see the homeless guy vaccinating for the 4th time this week:

https://media.giphy.com/media/NEvPzZ8bd1V4Y/giphy.gif

Deberg_1990
03-20-2021, 11:59 PM
Glad you got the shot George.

You only got a coke from HiBoy? Wow

TimBone
03-21-2021, 01:19 AM
When you see the homeless guy vaccinating for the 4th time this week:

https://media.giphy.com/media/NEvPzZ8bd1V4Y/giphy.gifSeems like they may be going a little overboard.

I don't think even nurses and doctors on the Frontline are getting stuck that many times.

We must really care about our homeless. Very nice.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2021, 02:03 AM
Glad you got the shot. Everyone should. No one should suffer and die from covid.

People not getting it, you'll probably wish you did.

KCUnited
03-21-2021, 04:52 AM
Nice to see positive shots coming from the Arrowhead parking lot

scho63
03-21-2021, 04:56 AM
11. Unlike Jovan Belcher, you lived to talk about it.

wheeler08
03-21-2021, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the write up George. I didn’t know J&J was a one shot wonder. Sign me up for that! I think all they have is the Moderna one here in Indiana. At least from what I’ve heard. I’m only 39, so still might be awhile.
On thought of anti vaxers and all that. My wife refuses to get the shot and she’s a school teacher. She’s stubborn as hell and buys into all the conspiracy fears people spread. I worry about her but she doesn’t care. I’ll take it at soon as it’s available.
I haven’t had a Friday night poker night with all the old guys in the neighborhood in over a year. They are all getting their second shot in the coming week and poker will resume soon!!

wheeler08
03-21-2021, 05:00 AM
Oh, and what memories of burning cds. I didn’t know people still done that! I remember back in my day of burning cds like crazy and had a giant album of them in the truck one time and some jerk broke into my truck and stole my CD player and all my burnt cds! Cops found all of it like 2 months later. They called me into station to pick up CD player. My giant album of burned cds were sitting right beside it and I just left it. Cop said aren’t all those cds yours too? I said nope, never seen them before! And just walked right out’ lol

InChiefsHeaven
03-21-2021, 06:24 AM
I just love a George 10 things.

I have not gotten shot because in my world, I don't see the necessity of it. If I did, I would. My wife and I feel the same way. The few around me who have gotten the 'Rona experienced a non-event. Nobody hospitalized, and the worst was a day or two of feeling like shit...

I don't look down on those who have run out to get the vaccine, more power to you. I just don't feel a need for it. No co-morbidities, not really at much risk (except for work, wife and I are homebodies, don't really go out much), and I have not anecdotally seen any massive issue with the virus in my community. So, I just don't have an inclination to take it.

I'm 50 this year, and that means a trip to the doctor to see about the shingles vax. I have no problem taking that, cuz I saw what happened to my dad and I don't want that happening to me. Again, anecdotal, but at the end of the day, anecdotal evidence is all we really have.

Glad you got the shot George, and looking forward to more 10 things. You could do a 10 things on mowing your fucking lawn and I would read it. As always, good stuff my man.

gblowfish
03-21-2021, 07:40 AM
I know that sounded like a joke but there are some guys here that I was genuinely concerned over at times because you are old as ****.

Hey, what was the overall mood there?

Yes, I officially qualify as "old as ****." That's why I got the invite. Mood was good. The people working were extremely helpful, and the folks in line were grateful. It was an all around feel good situation.

Skyy God
03-21-2021, 07:42 AM
I thanked everyone at the community health clinic admitted if the vaccine.

And told some line Karen off.

gblowfish
03-21-2021, 07:43 AM
Its the music thingy I thought George was only joking about. He really made it and labeled it too. :)

Because of my job I have an unlimited supply of blank media. I have an Epson Photo printer that also does discs. Pretty nice system. And I have over 2 TB of music, so I can whip out a "mix tape" quick. Lots of times I'll kick out a disc for a road trip or special occasion. I have around 5,000 CDs in my music collection and around 1,000 LPs. I'm old brother.... OLD! My wife does community theater, and a few years ago she hosted a cast party. I was just kind of milling around keeping an eye on the house. These teenagers wander into my office and are looking at my wall of CDs. One says "Man....look at all those CDs. There must be hundreds of them!" Second kid says "Yeah, but they all suck!"

gblowfish
03-21-2021, 07:45 AM
Great read george. Yeah working after getting the shot is not good would not recommend

This morning I'm feeling normal. Weird thing is, my right shoulder was hurting a little when I woke up. They shot me in the left arm!

Hoover
03-21-2021, 07:47 AM
great write up.

A friend of mine has a son with a vaccinated heart condition. Her husband is a firefighter and has been vaccinated. She signed up to get vaccinated in a small rural county yesterday. They asked her what heath condition she had. She answered that she smoked a couple cigars at a wedding, so she was a smoker. And they said that works. LOL

displacedinMN
03-21-2021, 07:48 AM
great story!!! Good way to wake up and drink some coffee. Thank you.

Reminds me of what a Seinfeld show could be. The 10 things about nothing. Too bad BEP wont see it.

I got Moderna #2 last weekend, but had a dream about needing another shot-forgot my card and ended up at Fleet Farm. NO idea...

It is a good feeling. Still have to be careful for a while. But know that the end is near.

oldman
03-21-2021, 07:49 AM
From what we saw on the news, the event was well organized and everything went a little better than planned. For all the times Jackson County fucked things up, this event was a homerun. Kudos!!
I don't want to break into an vax/anti-vax discussion, but science has evolved and new discoveries are going to happen much sooner. People were working on those vaccines 24/7 and I'm glad they did. Yes, there are some adverse reactions, but I'll bet the percentage is not much different than you'd see on any vaccine.

gblowfish
03-21-2021, 07:52 AM

I was out in Independence Friday for my shot at the walmart out there. Got the moderna one.

As I made the drive down 40 highway I thought of you. I saw "Hi Boy Burgers" thought about pulling in but I had Taco John's on the mind instead. Which is a treat for me.

Along the way I passed the Gates BBQ you always talk about and even Fun House. Which I'm definitely ordering sometime soon.
Wow, that Wal Mart where the Blue Ridge Mall used to be is a scary place. Glad you got in and out OK. That Hi Boy is one of the original locations. It doesn't have a drive thru, you have to walk in. It's busy like crazy on a Chiefs home weekend. BTW: I know the family that owns Hi-Boy. The guy who owns it is one of the guys who dug up the Steamboat Arabia. The Gates is new since they had a fire a few years ago. They also do crazy good business on a Chiefs home weekend. Fun House is arguably one of the top three or four pizza places in Independence. I also like Minsky's, Tim's Pizza on US 40 and Square Pizza on the Independence Square.

gblowfish
03-21-2021, 07:54 AM
From what we saw on the news, the event was well organized and everything went a little better than planned. For all the times Jackson County ****ed things up, this event was a homerun. Kudos!!
I don't want to break into an vax/anti-vax discussion, but science has evolved and new discoveries are going to happen much sooner. People were working on those vaccines 24/7 and I'm glad they did. Yes, there are some adverse reactions, but I'll bet the percentage is not much different than you'd see on any vaccine.

The science applied to get these Covid vaccines created will help down the road in development of vaccines for other diseases as well. The world scientists have been super heroes over the past year.

gblowfish
03-21-2021, 07:57 AM
Glad you got the shot George.

You only got a coke from HiBoy? Wow

Yeah, I know. Didn't want to ruin my dinner or have my car smell like fast food when I rolled into Arrowhead.

There's a Hi-Boy about a mile or so from my house. I go there whenever I want. Over the years I broke two different molars on the onion rings, so I quit ordering those. I like the italian steak and the chocolate shake. One of the best burgers in KC.

Bwana
03-21-2021, 08:12 AM
Excellent, good for you George.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2021, 08:21 AM
I just love a George 10 things.

I have not gotten shot because in my world, I don't see the necessity of it. If I did, I would. My wife and I feel the same way. The few around me who have gotten the 'Rona experienced a non-event. Nobody hospitalized, and the worst was a day or two of feeling like shit...

I don't look down on those who have run out to get the vaccine, more power to you. I just don't feel a need for it. No co-morbidities, not really at much risk (except for work, wife and I are homebodies, don't really go out much), and I have not anecdotally seen any massive issue with the virus in my community. So, I just don't have an inclination to take it.

I'm 50 this year, and that means a trip to the doctor to see about the shingles vax. I have no problem taking that, cuz I saw what happened to my dad and I don't want that happening to me. Again, anecdotal, but at the end of the day, anecdotal evidence is all we really have.

Glad you got the shot George, and looking forward to more 10 things. You could do a 10 things on mowing your fucking lawn and I would read it. As always, good stuff my man.So if someone you loved got covid and died or extremely Ill then you'd consider it? I lost my uncle to it...I don't wish that shit on anyone.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2021, 08:23 AM
From what we saw on the news, the event was well organized and everything went a little better than planned. For all the times Jackson County fucked things up, this event was a homerun. Kudos!!
I don't want to break into an vax/anti-vax discussion, but science has evolved and new discoveries are going to happen much sooner. People were working on those vaccines 24/7 and I'm glad they did. Yes, there are some adverse reactions, but I'll bet the percentage is not much different than you'd see on any vaccine.They've also been testing this technology for awhile it's not like it magically came up this past year.

cooper barrett
03-21-2021, 08:27 AM
I was in the pits at Indy for my vaccine. I place I have been often but with a totally different vibe.

Deberg_1990
03-21-2021, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I know. Didn't want to ruin my dinner or have my car smell like fast food when I rolled into Arrowhead.

There's a Hi-Boy about a mile or so from my house. I go there whenever I want. Over the years I broke two different molars on the onion rings, so I quit ordering those. I like the italian steak and the chocolate shake. One of the best burgers in KC.

Nice. Yep, I love the Italian steak. And their fries and tator tots are delish

BigRedChief
03-21-2021, 09:21 AM
Yes, I officially qualify as "old as ****." That's why I got the invite. Mood was good. The people working were extremely helpful, and the folks in line were grateful. It was an all around feel good situation.

I was in the pits at Indy for my vaccine. I place I have been often but with a totally different vibe.Moderna #1 was in a health care insurance's corporate offices conference rooms. Very well run and efficient. Was a very happy festive environment. Moderna #2 coming up this Thursday.

Chief Pagan
03-21-2021, 09:49 AM
So if someone you loved got covid and died or extremely Ill then you'd consider it? I lost my uncle to it...I don't wish that shit on anyone.

Living your life based strictly on anecdotal evidence does seem a strange attitude. Nobody on my block has had their house burn down. I guess maybe I should stop paying for fire insurance.

Thanks for the write up George.

cooper barrett
03-21-2021, 11:06 AM
I think it takes a certain kind of man to eat the "sit right down, reach between your legs" Mexican food.

You must have cried when they closed the one in your hood.

Fun House? Did you go to the Tool Shed too?

cooper barrett
03-21-2021, 11:15 AM
Nice. Yep, I love the Italian steak. And their fries and tator tots are delish

Whimpy Burger had the best RIP

Titty Meat
03-21-2021, 11:22 AM
Wow, that Wal Mart where the Blue Ridge Mall used to be is a scary place. Glad you got in and out OK. That Hi Boy is one of the original locations. It doesn't have a drive thru, you have to walk in. It's busy like crazy on a Chiefs home weekend. BTW: I know the family that owns Hi-Boy. The guy who owns it is one of the guys who dug up the Steamboat Arabia. The Gates is new since they had a fire a few years ago. They also do crazy good business on a Chiefs home weekend. Fun House is arguably one of the top three or four pizza places in Independence. I also like Minsky's, Tim's Pizza on US 40 and Square Pizza on the Independence Square.

Is that wal mart pretty dangerous? I got some interesting vibes and saw some parked police cars all throughout the parking lot. Which was interesting for 11 am on a Friday

excessive
03-21-2021, 11:25 AM
"Again, anecdotal, but at the end of the day, anecdotal evidence is all we really have."

Um, no, anecdotal evidence isn't all we really have. There's this thing called science. It brought you that shingles vaccine, by the way. Any one person's anecdotal experience isn't valid for making conclusions. Instead, we have statistical models drawn from thousands, and eventually millions, of individual anecdotal evidence. And, the conclusion on the Covid-19 vaccine is clear: Take the damn vaccine.

displacedinMN
03-21-2021, 11:33 AM
was the nurse cute or did she resemble Todd Haley?

Bowser
03-21-2021, 12:06 PM
Just make sure you pull up in the correct Jeep and everything will go smoothly.

I can't believe this comment slipped between the cracks.

64 Chief
03-21-2021, 12:17 PM
Your 10 things are my favorite posts on this site, however you drank the cool aid on this one. The information on covid is greatly overhyped. There are strong economic and political incentives to exaggerate and continue the harm. Do you know that many of the deaths attributed to covid are actually due to car accidents and other causes? There is serious scientific literature and data exposing the BS. Of course one has to be damn sure about their job to take on the covid zeitgeist.

DaFace
03-21-2021, 12:20 PM
Your 10 things are my favorite posts on this site, however you drank the cool aid on this one. The information on covid is greatly overhyped. There are strong economic and political incentives to exaggerate and continue the harm. Do you know that many of the deaths attributed to covid are actually due to car accidents and other causes? There is serious scientific literature and data exposing the BS. Of course one has to be damn sure about their job to take on the covid zeitgeist.Sometimes I enjoy the "observe the apes in their natural habitat" aspects of this site.

TIED5573
03-21-2021, 01:22 PM
I got my first Pfizer shot, due for the second next week. No ill effects.

Thanks for the 10 things,George. I always enjoy reading them.

When I was working:, I went to Gates on old 40 . Was concerned when it burned that they wouldn't reopen it, happy when they did.

:thumb:

otherstar
03-21-2021, 01:43 PM
Awesome write up, as always, George! I got my J&J shot in Spring, TX (about 20 minutes from where I live) two weeks ago.

Gravedigger
03-21-2021, 03:51 PM
Glad to hear it, I'm getting my Pfizer shot on Tuesday. According to KMBC they intend on opening up all vaccinations to Missouri resident adults by April 9th or around there.

oldman
03-21-2021, 04:07 PM
Do you know that many of the deaths attributed to covid are actually due to car accidents and other causes?

Car accidents? Car accidents????? Dude---------LMAOLMAOLMAO

AJKCFAN
03-21-2021, 04:23 PM
Congratulations George! Glad the process went well and hope there’s no effects from vaccination....

eDave
03-21-2021, 05:19 PM

Seems like they may be going a little overboard.

I don't think even nurses and doctors on the Frontline are getting stuck that many times.

We must really care about our homeless. Very nice.

https://i.ibb.co/1ftvyLZ/Covid.png

Chief Pagan
03-21-2021, 06:41 PM
Your 10 things are my favorite posts on this site, however you drank the cool aid on this one. The information on covid is greatly overhyped. There are strong economic and political incentives to exaggerate and continue the harm. Do you know that many of the deaths attributed to covid are actually due to car accidents and other causes? There is serious scientific literature and data exposing the BS. Of course one has to be damn sure about their job to take on the covid zeitgeist.

Anecdotally speaking, I don't know of a single car accident death that has been attributed to covid, so therefore scientifically speaking, it hasn't happened.

:Poke:

Titty Meat
03-21-2021, 08:50 PM

Thankfully due to vaccines we'll get to the point where only idiots like this guy will die from covid

Why Not?
03-21-2021, 09:13 PM
You should do a Ten Things on something once per month in the offseason.

eDave
03-21-2021, 09:21 PM

Ten Things About March

Bearcat
03-21-2021, 09:27 PM
March - 10 Things About Free Agency
April - 10 Things About the NFL Schedule
May - 10 Things About the NFL Draft (I know, late April)
June - 10 Things About My Summer Vacation (you'll now need to take your summer vacation in June)
July - 10 Things About Training Camp
August - 10 Things About The Preseason

Boom.

Why Not?
03-21-2021, 09:33 PM
June - 10 Things About My Summer Vacation (you'll now need to take your summer vacation in June)

Boom.

Love it! It'll be football season again before we know it

eDave
03-21-2021, 09:41 PM
George:

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28300000/Peter-Dinklage-69th-Annual-Golden-Globe-Awards-game-of-thrones-28361149-300-188.gif

BigRedChief
03-21-2021, 10:28 PM

Boom.

Seconded

cooper barrett
03-22-2021, 12:14 AM
George,

Ask about the endowment terms. No Gearge, not that kind of endowment!

Coop

gblowfish
03-22-2021, 09:28 AM
Did you go to the Tool Shed too?
The Tool Shed is an old roadside bar that's been at US 40 and Phelps for decades. It's about a mile east of US 40 and Noland Road. It's a biker bar. I've been in there years ago when I worked on 40 Highway, and had a few beers and shot some pool in there. It's not a particularly dangerous bar, but they've had a few incidents over the years. Most old bars have had the same during their history.

gblowfish
03-22-2021, 09:29 AM

Nope.

It's the offseason.
And my agent is working to see if I'll be tendered for next year.

gblowfish
03-22-2021, 09:37 AM
Is that wal mart pretty dangerous? I got some interesting vibes and saw some parked police cars all throughout the parking lot. Which was interesting for 11 am on a Friday
When they ciosed the Hypermart at Bannister Mall, Blue Ridge Wal Mart became the scary Wal Mart. If you check the Independence police blotter in the local paper, they have shoplifting and other altercations there just about daily. Wal Mart at 39th and 291 is just a bit better, Wal Mart in Blue Springs at Adams Dairy is much better. That's if you're going to shop at Wal Mart at all. I haven't been in one since the Covid started.

gblowfish
03-22-2021, 09:38 AM
Congratulations George! Glad the process went well and hope there’s no effects from vaccination....

Dunno....I have this overwhelming urge to buy Microsoft Office....

gblowfish
03-22-2021, 09:47 AM
Your 10 things are my favorite posts on this site, however you drank the cool aid on this one.
Cool Aid?

This is all I'll say about vaxxing vs. anti-vaxxing.
It's your body. What you think is best for your body is your business.

Curiously, I feel the same way about being pro-life vs. pro-choice, but that's a whole different argument for a different day.

I will say, in the last year I know of at least eight different people I can count in my head that are friends who have lost a loved one. Lost either directly to Covid or as a Covid enhanced death. Those people could not be with their loved ones as they passed in the ICU. They could not hold traditional funerals.

My sister is an OR nurse at a hospital in St. Louis. She worked Covid wards early in the pandemic because the hospital was stressed to the limit to provide care. They had patients in the hospital chapel because all the rooms were totally full.

My wife works for the city of Independence. Over the last years she's delivered meals to hundreds of people, mostly shut in elderly. In the last year she's lost a dozen or more of those people to covid deaths.

So, ignoring Covid or dismissing its danger to you is imho folly. But you're an adult and can make your own decisions. Decisions have consequences. There's a vaccine that may not keep you from catching Covid, but will certainly increase your chances of not dying from it. It's free. It's your choice. Just don't criticize others for choosing to get the vaccine.

That's all I have to say about that.

Except this: If you get your shot, Krispy Kreme will give you a free donut.

mmmmmm.......donut.....

gblowfish
03-22-2021, 11:11 AM
was the nurse cute or did she resemble Todd Haley?
She looked like Eric Bienemy.

Zebedee DuBois
03-22-2021, 11:19 AM
Yea! for you getting the shot. I am 1/2 on Pfizer, myself. I feel like we are helping the herd - plus we have moved towards the center of the herd - not on the edges where predators pick of the weak and mal-informed.

KCTitus
03-22-2021, 01:49 PM
...So, ignoring Covid or dismissing its danger to you is imho folly. But you're an adult and can make your own decisions...

If only that were true...

While you look at it as pro-choice vs. pro-life, I look at it as the legalization of narcotics. It should be your choice and yes, decisions do have consequences. As I see it, those of us not frightened of this virus (or had it and didnt know it) do not have the ability to make our own decisions.

In my personal circle, everyone that had it had the sniffles and my brother and sister in law had it during Christmas where we had dinner with them and the rest of my family at their house while they were positive. Spent several hours at the house and no one else including my parents and the SIL's mother got the virus. Odd...

There's a vaccine that may not keep you from catching Covid, but will certainly increase your chances of not dying from it. It's free. It's your choice....

That's the problem...it's not my choice to make. Both private entities and public are forcing people to take the vaccine. You want to fly? Shop at the grocery store? It's coming my friend. And then I ask, if everyone who's afraid of this virus got vaccinated, why force the others to do so? wont they wind up tits up soon enough from this deadly virus?

gblowfish
03-22-2021, 03:22 PM
Should this be counted as a Covid death?
https://www.kmbc.com/article/texas-roadhouse-ceo-kent-taylor-dies-amid-covid-19-struggle-coronavirus/35901645

InChiefsHeaven
03-22-2021, 03:38 PM
Nope.

It's the offseason.

Dude. You tell him that you give the fans what they want...

Titty Meat
03-22-2021, 03:49 PM
Let's get loaded at the tool shed and hit up Club Skin George

flinchfree
03-22-2021, 05:34 PM
If only that were true...

While you look at it as pro-choice vs. pro-life, I look at it as the legalization of narcotics. It should be your choice and yes, decisions do have consequences. As I see it, those of us not frightened of this virus (or had it and didnt know it) do not have the ability to make our own decisions.

In my personal circle, everyone that had it had the sniffles and my brother and sister in law had it during Christmas where we had dinner with them and the rest of my family at their house while they were positive. Spent several hours at the house and no one else including my parents and the SIL's mother got the virus. Odd...

That's the problem...it's not my choice to make. Both private entities and public are forcing people to take the vaccine. You want to fly? Shop at the grocery store? It's coming my friend. And then I ask, if everyone who's afraid of this virus got vaccinated, why force the others to do so? wont they wind up tits up soon enough from this deadly virus?

Land of the Free and Home of the Stupid.
If only we could let this play out in true Evolutionary style, like watching those murderous nutcases butchering eachother in the Mid-East coz they don't like the other's god.

I'd be very happy for you to not vax, especially as variants 3-10 come raging through over the next few years, and let natural selection based on intellect play out.
If only you'd sign a waiver saying you wouldn't ask for hospitals (and by extension the rest of us through tax payer dollars) and it's staff to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and risk their own lives trying to stave off your drowning lungs sieving every last breath you try to draw and keep you with us.

You wanna ride balls to the wall and happily infect those around you coz you can't GAF?

Just die quietly at home and don't ask for no help when you realize you effed up.

KCTitus
03-22-2021, 07:22 PM
Should this be counted as a Covid death?
https://www.kmbc.com/article/texas-roadhouse-ceo-kent-taylor-dies-amid-covid-19-struggle-coronavirus/35901645

That's a great question George...

I want to apologize after seeing mylonsd post that you were asked to post this...I jumped in didnt read the entire thread and I shouldnt have pissed on your thread.

I reacted because it's clear that people are acting out of fear. And that fear is on both sides of the 'debate'...I've heard of people afraid to get the vax because they believe it to be the mark of the beast. Are their fears any less legitimate than those that are fearful of dying from the virus? I'm not going to question anyone's motives for their actions in this regard. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Why Not?
03-22-2021, 07:42 PM
Nope.

It's the offseason.

Well, I'd opt for a multi year extension if I were negotiating.

DaFace
03-22-2021, 08:12 PM
That's a great question George...

I want to apologize after seeing mylonsd post that you were asked to post this...I jumped in didnt read the entire thread and I shouldnt have pissed on your thread.

I reacted because it's clear that people are acting out of fear. Andthat fear is on both sides of the 'debate'...I've heard of people afraid to get the vax because they believe it to be the mark of the beast. Are their fears any less legitimate than those that are fearful of dying from the virus? I'm not going to question anyone's motives for their actions in this regard. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

:spock:

flinchfree
03-22-2021, 09:31 PM
.................I've heard of people afraid to get the vax because they believe it to be the mark of the beast. Are their fears any less legitimate than those that are fearful of dying from the virus?

:banghead:

mlyonsd
03-22-2021, 09:44 PM
Not sure why a mod has to keep fanning the flames and shitting on George's thread but you be you.

KCTitus
03-22-2021, 09:54 PM

I dont disagree with the sentiment...however, I'm trying to point out a different perspective. You may not agree, but it's not an illegitimate fear. I dont personally agree, but if someone fears the vid they have just as much right to their opinion as the other, right or wrong.

Please, I've already apologized to George. Dont make this any worse.

DaFace
03-22-2021, 10:14 PM
Not sure why a mod has to keep fanning the flames and shitting on George's thread but you be you.A guy tells George he's afraid of nothing, I raise an eyebrow, and I'm the one shitting on the thread? That's a fascinating take.

ILChief
03-23-2021, 07:11 AM
That’s the first time in a decade that I’ve heard the term burning a CD lol

Otter
03-23-2021, 11:51 AM
11. Unlike Jovan Belcher, you lived to talk about it.

Can't believe it took 43 posts for this reference.

I am Jack's disappointment. :shake:

Glad your up and atom GB! I think there's 2 cats ahead of me in line to get the vaccine but I'm waiting.

cdcox
03-24-2021, 09:04 AM
Got my jab! So happy for this moment. Things won’t change immediately, but I might consider eating at restaurant in a couple of weeks, probably outside until the case numbers drop.

Deberg_1990
03-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Got my first shot scheduled for Friday morning. Pfizer

PHOG
03-24-2021, 10:57 AM
Got my 1st Moderna shot Monday, minor arm soreness, no biggie. Return in 4 weeks.

Also, anyone over 16 starting Monday is eligible now in OK.

SuperBowl4
03-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Way too much information bro

KS Smitty
03-24-2021, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the 10 things George, nice to see one in the off season.

I got my J&J today, came home and slept 3 hours. Arms a bit sore and no penis. :thumb:

gblowfish
03-24-2021, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the 10 things George, nice to see one in the off season.

I got my J&J today, came home and slept 3 hours. Arms a bit sore and no penis. :thumb:

Did you wake up with this overwhelming urge to buy Microsoft Office??

KS Smitty
03-24-2021, 12:16 PM
Did you wake up with this overwhelming urge to buy Microsoft Office??

:hmmm: No but the Microsoft store has been calling to me...

InChiefsHeaven
03-24-2021, 12:56 PM
:hmmm: No but the Microsoft store has been calling to me...

You want a Zune. You know you do...

KS Smitty
03-24-2021, 01:33 PM
You want a Zune. You know you do...

I'm saving for an Xbox 360, can't afford both.

In58men
04-17-2021, 06:14 AM
Dipshit

Do you just go around and insult people when you disagree with them?

You’re embarrassing