PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sammy Watkins to Visit Ravens

TEX
03-22-2021, 03:15 PM
If anyone cares...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/sammy-watkins-rumors-ex-chiefs-wide-receiver-to-visit-with-ravens-as-nfl-free-agency-continues/ar-BB1eQB1t?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

notorious
03-22-2021, 03:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XAkjviN.gif?noredirect

smithandrew051
03-22-2021, 03:20 PM
Excited to hear Ravens explain how “once Sammy gets healthy, we can make a run in the postseason. It’s just a minor hamstring/calf/foot issue, so he should be good to go next week!”

gblowfish
03-22-2021, 03:23 PM
They should sign him then rely on him to be there. Next week. Or the week after that. Or a couple weeks after that. Or for the playoffs...

Gravedigger
03-22-2021, 03:25 PM
But they still have Lamar, so their offense will always be limited to his production.

Skyy God
03-22-2021, 03:28 PM
May he play 5-6 games and then go day to day.

InChiefsHeaven
03-22-2021, 03:30 PM
Eh, I can't hate on the guy. Awesome when healthy, he's just never dependably healthy. Bye Sammy, glad you got a ring.

Hydrae
03-22-2021, 03:33 PM
Guess the return to Buffalo didn't work out too well.

Peter Gibbons
03-22-2021, 03:35 PM
Guess the return to Buffalo didn't work out too well.

He had big plans for Buffalo but pulled a hamstring walking off the plane. It all went downhill from there.

dls6501
03-22-2021, 03:46 PM
I dont care what team he signs with as its not us.

TEX
03-22-2021, 03:57 PM
Eh, I can't hate on the guy. Awesome when healthy, he's just never dependably healthy. Bye Sammy, glad you got a ring.

Yea, that's where I'm at as well. Glad he helped us get a ring. Can't count on the guy. Goodbye and good luck.

TribalElder
03-22-2021, 03:58 PM
he might make it a full season there

it will be mostly jogging up and back with few if any receptions

ping2000
03-22-2021, 03:59 PM
He'll trip getting off the plane and be unavailable for 2-3 months.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

tredadda
03-22-2021, 03:59 PM
He will probably sprain his wrist signing the contract and miss the first couple months of the season.

Deberg_1990
03-22-2021, 04:01 PM
Lamar + Sammy = 11-5 and a first round exit.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-22-2021, 04:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XAkjviN.gif?noredirect

My first thoughts exactly.

thabear04
03-22-2021, 04:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Free-agent WR Sammy Watkins is scheduled to visit the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday after Tuesday’s trip to Baltimore with the Ravens, per sources. Watkins also has drawn some interest from the Titans and Texans.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1374123497245528069?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New World Order
03-22-2021, 04:28 PM
Wasn't Sammy our leading receiver during our SB run? That alone made him worth his contract.

GL Sammy.

chinaski
03-22-2021, 04:35 PM
Once upon a midnight dreary, Sammy Watkins, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of ankles sore
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at his Agents door.
“’Tis some visitor,” the Agent muttered, “tapping at my Office door—
Only this and nothing more.”

Easy 6
03-22-2021, 04:36 PM
He came up SO big for us during the last SB run, so thank you for that Sammy

But this year left a very bad impression, it felt like Haglunds Spirit all over again... so good luck wherever you land, so long as it isn't here

AussieChiefsFan
03-22-2021, 05:02 PM
Thought he was under contract still. I guess that was just a restructure last year not a resigning?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-22-2021, 05:02 PM
If Colts are sniffing around at Watkins that must mean Hilton won’t be back

Otter
03-22-2021, 05:05 PM
He came up SO big for us during the last SB run, so thank you for that Sammy

But this year left a very bad impression, it felt like Haglunds Spirit all over again... so good luck wherever you land, so long as it isn't here

I expect millions of dollars while I only work 1/2 of that time!

Door, meet Sammy ass.

Graystoke
03-22-2021, 05:07 PM
Part of Chiefs Super Bowl lore now.
Thanks Sammy and good luck

Otter
03-22-2021, 05:07 PM
If Colts are sniffing around at Watkins that must mean Hilton won’t be back

I guess if I get someone to pay me a couple million to show up for work 50% of the time I'd be window shopping as well.

Chief Pagan
03-22-2021, 05:10 PM
But they still have Lamar, so their offense will always be limited to his production.

You know, Sammy is an excellent down field run blocker...

:hmmm:

stevegroganfan
03-22-2021, 05:22 PM
As a Patriots fan if Watkins is still good and going to be healthy next year, I want him to avoid Baltimore. Just because of matchups, I like Patriots chances against Chiefs more than Baltimore if Baltimore is healthy and fields one of their better teams.

I'd rather have Watkins go to the NFC. If Patriots are eliminated next yhear, I will be rooting for Bucs to win it all again but I am surprised Chiefs don't make a nice offer to Antonio Brown and give him 8 hours to take it before it expires. I realize the risks with Brown but he can attack all 3 levels and might work out really well as a reliable third option. It would also weaken the Bucs. Bucs are no guarantee to make it out of NFC but they do have the personnel on defense if they are healthy that matches up fairly well with KC. Brown would give Mahomes another reliable option and reduce the hits on Kelce.

Redbled
03-22-2021, 05:28 PM
I’m shocked at the estimates of him getting a 30 million 3 year deal. He’s just not worth that.

notorious
03-22-2021, 05:59 PM
You are really bad at trolling.

chinaski
03-22-2021, 06:12 PM
As a Patriots fan

Stopped reading after this...

TEX
03-22-2021, 06:57 PM
You know, Sammy is an excellent down field run blocker...

:hmmm:

True, but he can't block injured on the bench.

htismaqe
03-22-2021, 06:59 PM
As a Patriots fan if Watkins is still good and going to be healthy next year, I want him to avoid Baltimore. Just because of matchups, I like Patriots chances against Chiefs more than Baltimore if Baltimore is healthy and fields one of their better teams.

I'd rather have Watkins go to the NFC. If Patriots are eliminated next yhear, I will be rooting for Bucs to win it all again but I am surprised Chiefs don't make a nice offer to Antonio Brown and give him 8 hours to take it before it expires. I realize the risks with Brown but he can attack all 3 levels and might work out really well as a reliable third option. It would also weaken the Bucs. Bucs are no guarantee to make it out of NFC but they do have the personnel on defense if they are healthy that matches up fairly well with KC. Brown would give Mahomes another reliable option and reduce the hits on Kelce.

ROFL

Chief Pagan
03-22-2021, 07:14 PM
True, but he can't block injured on the bench.

Also true.

KC would have been better off if they had left him on the bench until the playoffs. Maybe play him some weeks 12 to 16 just to get him up to game speed.

But given how much Lamar runs, I could see Sammy's upside in that offense when he is in the field.

Willie Lanier
03-22-2021, 07:15 PM
Steve Grogan was terrible

Couch-Potato
03-22-2021, 07:15 PM
Not happy w this.

stevegroganfan
03-22-2021, 08:44 PM
Steve Grogan was terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pmBSdx177c

75-60 regular season record.

Grogan played in a completely different era. Probably would have been starting QB on a Super Bowl champion if the Raiders didn't receive a questionable roughing the passer call given how the game was played in the 1970's. Patriots in 76 loss 24-21 to Super Bowl champs who got benefit of a questionable call late.

For a QB that wasn't that big in stature, one of the toughest quarterbacks in NFL history as well. Played with lots of injuries. For sure, he wasn't that accurate of a passer or that great of a quarterback but Patriots fans appreciated him for his toughness. His team record of 12 rushing touchdowns by a quarterback was only recently tied by Cam Newton.

For sure I would take Alex Smith or Mahomes over Grogan but Grogan was still a decent NFL starting quarterback. If you genuinely think he sucks and are not just trolling me, you didn't see some of the other quarterbacks the Patriots trotted out their over the years.

rabblerouser
03-22-2021, 09:47 PM
Thought he was under contract still. I guess that was just a restructure last year not a resigning?

The way it was restructured, this final year is really an option year - the Chiefs can opt to pick it up or let him go. If we can find someone willing to trade for him and sign him to a new contract...let's Rodney Hudson him. Send him to Arizona or New York. Jets or Giants.

rabblerouser
03-22-2021, 09:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pmBSdx177c

75-60 regular season record.

Grogan played in a completely different era. Probably would have been starting QB on a Super Bowl champion if the Raiders didn't receive a questionable roughing the passer call given how the game was played in the 1970's. Patriots in 76 loss 24-21 to Super Bowl champs who got benefit of a questionable call late.

For a QB that wasn't that big in stature, one of the toughest quarterbacks in NFL history as well. Played with lots of injuries. For sure, he wasn't that accurate of a passer or that great of a quarterback but Patriots fans appreciated him for his toughness. His team record of 12 rushing touchdowns by a quarterback was only recently tied by Cam Newton.

For sure I would take Alex Smith or Mahomes over Grogan but Grogan was still a decent NFL starting quarterback. If you genuinely think he sucks and are not just trolling me, you didn't see some of the other quarterbacks the Patriots trotted out their over the years.

I remember being a kid watching a guy named Tom Hodson get beat the fuck down by the Chiefs in 1990, in the snow. Steve DeBerg fumbled the snap on the first play from scrimmage and lost the ball, but we still pounded that ass like 37-3 or something like that. It was the first time I remember the Chiefs playing the Patriots and the only Patriots game I had ever seen besides the Super Bowl Shuffle where they also got that ass pounded.

I just remember thinking the Patriots were a shit team and that guys like Doug Flutie and Steve Grogan got the fuck beat out of them, too, so they may as well start guys like Tom Hodson and Marc Wilson. Fuck it.

BossChief
03-22-2021, 10:00 PM
It’s going to be nice to have a #2 WR that actually plays and contributes.

Thanks for that 6 game stretch to help us win a super bowl, Sammy. Best of luck in getting right, can’t get right.

Skyy God
03-22-2021, 10:20 PM
Stopped reading after this...

I get what you’re saying. They’re usually stout.

TinyEvel
03-22-2021, 10:22 PM
Sammy’s visits are day to day.

CoMoChief
03-22-2021, 10:33 PM
Perfect place for Watkins...doesn't have to do shit.

For the 6-8 games he's on the field, it's not like Jackson is getting him the ball.

Better practice up on his run blocking skills, he's gonna need 'em til he gets inj.

PunkinDrublic
03-22-2021, 10:47 PM
Lamar will consistently miss wide open throws to Watkins and the Lamar Jackson apologists will continue to make excuses for him and insist that it’s everyone else’s fault.

Rasputin
03-22-2021, 11:21 PM
I don't care about Watkins much but why would a WR want to go to a team without a quarterback to throw him the ball?

Wallcrawler
03-23-2021, 12:15 AM
Thanks for that epic AFC title clinching drive full of huge catches, and for utterly smoking Richard Sherman when the lights were the brightest, putting us in position to take a late superbowl lead.

Shame your body betrayed you with injuries.

Best of luck man.

stevegroganfan
03-23-2021, 12:42 AM
I remember being a kid watching a guy named Tom Hodson get beat the **** down by the Chiefs in 1990, in the snow. Steve DeBerg fumbled the snap on the first play from scrimmage and lost the ball, but we still pounded that ass like 37-3 or something like that. It was the first time I remember the Chiefs playing the Patriots and the only Patriots game I had ever seen besides the Super Bowl Shuffle where they also got that ass pounded.

I just remember thinking the Patriots were a shit team and that guys like Doug Flutie and Steve Grogan got the **** beat out of them, too, so they may as well start guys like Tom Hodson and Marc Wilson. **** it.

I won't deny that the Patriots had some terrible teams in the 80's and especially early 90's but also some good teams as well. Tom Hodson was a bad qb and their were others just as bad but to be fair most of the teams he was on were brutally bad at times. Chiefs weren't the only team that stomped on Patriots back then.

But I honestly don't care much about the Super Bowl loss to the Bears. It was fun to just see the Patriots make it that far and have the Patriots finally beat Miami in Miami. Patriots were the team that year to beat the only team(Miami with Marino) that actually beat the Bears. If you rewatch that Super Bowl blowout where Patriots got absolutely destroyed, a few plays going differently may have actually made it a competitive game. Eason just missed a touchdown pass by about a foot was one of them and decent Patriots tight end getting lost for the game was another. Only chance vs Bears was getting a lead to slow down their feirce pass rush and to turn the Bears over on offense. Patriots had a chance to take a nice lead in first quarter but just missed out on doing so.

By the time the Patriots faced the Bears in Super Bowl, Grogan was already past his prime and kind of beat up so Eason was the starter.

As for Doug Flutie, he would do well in today's NFL but just not be a truly elite qb. he was 10 games above .500 in the NFL -- 38-28 -- despite playing what is normally a quarterbacks best years in the Canadian Football League and playing in a much less wide open NFL. Flutie had a great career in the CFL.

stevegroganfan
03-23-2021, 12:51 AM
I don't care about Watkins much but why would a WR want to go to a team without a quarterback to throw him the ball?

$$$$$ and a chance to still win playoff games. To be fair Lamar did win MVP and he has tossed a good deal of touchdowns.

MMXcalibur
03-23-2021, 12:55 AM
No ill will towards the guy as he was crucial in our Super Bowl run, but he's just not a dependable player. Time to cut him loose.

alanm
03-23-2021, 01:07 AM
Sammy’s visits are day to day.ROFL:clap:

Deberg_1990
03-23-2021, 06:32 AM
I won't deny that the Patriots had some terrible teams in the 80's and especially early 90's but also some good teams as well. Tom Hodson was a bad qb and their were others just as bad but to be fair most of the teams he was on were brutally bad at times. Chiefs weren't the only team that stomped on Patriots back then.

But I honestly don't care much about the Super Bowl loss to the Bears. It was fun to just see the Patriots make it that far and have the Patriots finally beat Miami in Miami. Patriots were the team that year to beat the only team(Miami with Marino) that actually beat the Bears. If you rewatch that Super Bowl blowout where Patriots got absolutely destroyed, a few plays going differently may have actually made it a competitive game. Eason just missed a touchdown pass by about a foot was one of them and decent Patriots tight end getting lost for the game was another. Only chance vs Bears was getting a lead to slow down their feirce pass rush and to turn the Bears over on offense. Patriots had a chance to take a nice lead in first quarter but just missed out on doing so.

By the time the Patriots faced the Bears in Super Bowl, Grogan was already past his prime and kind of beat up so Eason was the starter.

As for Doug Flutie, he would do well in today's NFL but just not be a truly elite qb. he was 10 games above .500 in the NFL -- 38-28 -- despite playing what is normally a quarterbacks best years in the Canadian Football League and playing in a much less wide open NFL. Flutie had a great career in the CFL.

How do you feel about Drew Bledsoe in Patriot lore? He did bring you guys out of the dark ages.

ILChief
03-23-2021, 07:08 AM
I really thought once we whiffed on JuJu and the rams guy, we were bringing Watkins back. We have two gaping holes at #2 WR and LT. I assume our first round pick will be one of these positions and who knows about the other.

morphius
03-23-2021, 07:14 AM
In a low cap year I'd find it difficult to bring him back. He couldn't even get in a playoff game this year. If he comes back, I probably won't complain, but I see why moving on is probably the right option as a team.

scho63
03-23-2021, 07:17 AM
"What have you done for me lately?" :hmmm:

stevegroganfan
03-23-2021, 11:23 AM
How do you feel about Drew Bledsoe in Patriot lore? He did bring you guys out of the dark ages.

2nd best QB in franchise history that I saw play at least. Strong arm. Pretty accurate passer on intermediate/long passes. Could have been better making quick decisions and on some of the shorter throws. Seems like a good guy even though he understandable didn't like losing his job after getting hurt to Brady. Glad to see he participated and helped Patriots in playoffs during the run up to first Super Bowl win.

thabear04
03-26-2021, 04:47 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sammy Watkins to the Ravens - 1 year 6mil (5mil fully guaranteed), per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1375579179777986564?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 26, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6
03-26-2021, 06:14 PM
He's wasting their time and he knows it, and they're deluding themselves into thinking Jackson can utilize him on those occasions when he's actually healthy

Thanks for the memories Sammy, have fun cashing checks from an also ran

tyecopeland
10-15-2021, 06:42 PM
Well he made it further than many guessed he would. Week 6 before being out with an injury.