PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs D Rob coming back

Titty Meat
03-25-2021, 01:27 PM
Wide receiver Demarcus Robinson's one-year deal Chiefs is a veteran minimum deal worth $1.137 million fully guaranteed, including his $137,500 signing bonus, according to a league source.

Jewish Rabbi
03-25-2021, 01:29 PM
I’d rather have Ubeja back.

dannybcaitlyn
03-25-2021, 01:31 PM
Fuck

KChiefs1
03-25-2021, 01:31 PM
Veach doing man's work.

Skyy God
03-25-2021, 01:32 PM
I like it.

Quality depth.

Skyy God
03-25-2021, 01:33 PM
I’d rather have Ubeja back.

Shut your whore mouth.

Deberg_1990
03-25-2021, 01:34 PM
Run it back!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Had a career high in yards and catches last year

Wisconsin_Chief
Fine with having him back at league minimum but if he's playing 60% of the snaps again next year like he did in 2020 then we're in trouble.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
He signed for the vet minimum as well. Gotta think he took a hometown discount

Hoover
03-25-2021, 01:35 PM
As a number 4 or 5 WR - I'm fucking thrilled with him. He's just never going to be more than that.

KChiefs1
03-25-2021, 01:36 PM
Get ready for this again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1Yh8OwUgQyY?start=2" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hayneplane
03-25-2021, 01:37 PM
At that price tag he is worth keeping around as he knows the system. Need more at WR still so that he can be at best the 4th in the depth chart.

Marcellus
03-25-2021, 01:38 PM
We have made the SB 2 years in a row with on the team!

Marcellus
03-25-2021, 01:38 PM
And holy shit thats cheap.

BWillie
03-25-2021, 01:45 PM
God damn it. I know he's just 1.4M but he takes up a roster spot and will play. I want to go out and find some guys, see if one takes.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 01:48 PM
Robinson is better than Josh Reynolds. That’s not opinion those are facts

Red Dawg
03-25-2021, 01:50 PM
Fucking Robinson again? That effing sucks.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 01:51 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs bring back Demarcus Robinson, which basically equals what the Josh Reynolds signing would have brought.<br><br>Past four years...<br><br>Robinson: 120 rec., 1,415 yards, 11 TDs<br>Reynolds: 113 rec., 1,450 yards, 9 TDs</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1375155471938621442?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

comochiefsfan
03-25-2021, 01:51 PM
Draft a receiver with the first or second pick and I'd be good with the pass catching group we've got.

gblowfish
03-25-2021, 01:53 PM
First pick with be an offensive lineman. Second pick will be an offensive lineman. Third pick will be a pass rusher. Fourth pick will be a running back. Fifth pick will be a receiver.
Or something like that...

alpha_omega
03-25-2021, 01:59 PM
Good for him and good for us.

BWillie
03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chiefs bring back Demarcus Robinson, which basically equals what the Josh Reynolds signing would have brought.<br><br>Past four years...<br><br>Robinson: 120 rec., 1,415 yards, 11 TDs<br>Reynolds: 113 rec., 1,450 yards, 9 TDs</p>&mdash; Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattVerderame/status/1375155471938621442?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

On how many targets? Did he have Mahomes throwing to him at his last team?

Bowser
03-25-2021, 02:08 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/woPJ4I9nDVvL7s3fMv/giphy.gif

493rd
03-25-2021, 02:08 PM
Fuck him

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 02:09 PM
On how many targets? Did he have Mahomes throwing to him at his last team?

Reynolds had 201 targets where Robinson has had 186

gblowfish
03-25-2021, 02:11 PM
I hope they can teach him to run forward after he makes a catch.

Papi
03-25-2021, 02:11 PM
He and Niewoman can disappear in an aids dumpster fire.

RealSNR
03-25-2021, 02:14 PM
First pick with be an offensive lineman. Second pick will be an offensive lineman. Third pick will be a pass rusher. Fourth pick will be a running back. Fifth pick will be a receiver.
Or something like that...

Or Veach will draft whatever the hell he feels like.

When's the last time ANY GM perfectly matched fan expectations for team need in the draft?

JakeF
03-25-2021, 02:21 PM
Andy bringing back almost the same exact team we had last year and the year before. He falls in love with these jag players and keeps them forever.

Sofa King
03-25-2021, 02:22 PM

And protect the ball without carrying it with one fucking hand.

JakeF
03-25-2021, 02:25 PM
Andy Reid is absolutely the one making the Free Agency decision. Veach will do the Draft.

Reid always wants to keep the same players so his lazy ass doesn't need to train more people. Fuck him.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:25 PM
Andy bringing back almost the same exact team we had last year and the year before. He falls in love with these jag players and keeps them forever.

Yeah. Lord knows going to the Super Bowl every year sucks.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:26 PM

First they'd have to want to teach him that.

Given that the whole team does it, I don't think they care.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:27 PM
Andy Reid is absolutely the one making the Free Agency decision. Veach will do the Draft.

Reid always wants to keep the same players so his lazy ass doesn't need to train more people. Fuck him.

ROFL

Dude, you were doing so well. You shouldn't have gone off your meds.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Reid is not making the Free agency decisions for fucks sake. We have been over this so many times

Kman34

Dude... Don’t be a total dumbass..

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:28 PM
Dude... Don’t be a total dumbass..

It's Jake. You're asking a lot.

poolboy
03-25-2021, 02:31 PM
He and Niewoman can disappear in an aids dumpster fire.

Neimann is back only to line Willie Gay into the right spot..lol

ChiefBlueCFC
03-25-2021, 02:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H4d9dFY.jpg

Chief Northman
03-25-2021, 02:33 PM

Reid always wants to keep the same players so his lazy ass doesn't need to train more people. **** him.

You continue to out-do yourself

Hammock Parties
03-25-2021, 02:36 PM
I love him.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 02:38 PM
I love him.

Thank you!! At least there is one person on here who understands what D Rob brings to this team. Clay has always been one of the smartest posters here

JakeF
03-25-2021, 02:41 PM
You are either striving to improve or you are sliding backward. Staying the same almost always means you are getting worse.

I understand that you really happy about winning a Super Bowl, so is everyone else but i can't believe you are happy about this offseason. You are too smart for that.

We are now worse than the team that got shit kicked by Tampa Bay.

Our oline is going to scrubs and rookies for the most part. I guess we think that Thuney can be our Quentin Nelson and anchor our line.

JakeF
03-25-2021, 02:43 PM
ROFL

Dude, you were doing so well. You shouldn't have gone off your meds.
ROFL

That's probably true.

Thanks for the laugh, it helped.

I'm so pissed. I'm hardcore Chiefs, so shitty moves just killed me. I need to not take them so personally. :(

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:44 PM
You are either striving to improve or you are sliding backward. Staying the same almost always means you are getting worse.

I understand that you really happy about winning a Super Bowl, so is everyone else but i can't believe you are happy about this offseason. You are too smart for that.

We are now worse than the team that got shit kicked by Tampa Bay.

Our oline is going to scrubs and rookies for the most part. I guess we think that Thuney can be our Quentin Nelson and anchor our line.

The line we have right now is ALREADY better than the one that started in the Super Bowl.

No, I'm not super happy about how things have played out so far but I'm also not unhappy because they've made some good moves. They also have plenty of time left plus the draft to address things.

There's just no reason to get so emotionally invested either way. They're going to be fine. This is the best team and staff in football. Period.

JakeF
03-25-2021, 02:47 PM
The line we have right now is ALREADY better than the one that started in the Super Bowl.

No, I'm not super happy about how things have played out so far but I'm also not unhappy because they've made some good moves. They also have plenty of time left plus the draft to address things.

There's just no reason to get so emotionally invested either way. They're going to be fine. This is the best team and staff in football. Period.
What good moves?

Titty Meat
03-25-2021, 02:48 PM

Jake F is a top 5 poster tread lightly

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:48 PM
ROFL

That's probably true.

Thanks for the laugh, it helped.

I'm so pissed. I'm hardcore Chiefs, so shitty moves just killed me. I need to not take them so personally. :(

How is bringing back Robinson on a vet min contract a shitty move? What were you going to do? Everybody wanted Josh Reynolds but look at the numbers - Robinson outperformed him in pretty much every way.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:49 PM
What good moves?

You don't think signing a top 3 guard in the NFL is a good move?

You don't think signing a former 2-time pro bowler to a voidable contract is a good move?

Seriously, you honestly can't believe what you're saying.

comochiefsfan
03-25-2021, 02:53 PM

Reid always wants to keep the same players so his lazy ass doesn't need to train more people. **** him.
Well that's certainly a take.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2021, 02:56 PM
How is bringing back Robinson on a vet min contract a shitty move? What were you going to do? Everybody wanted Josh Reynolds but look at the numbers - Robinson outperformed him in pretty much every way.

I've seen Reynolds many times over the years because the Rams were quite often the best afternoon game, especially in 2017/2018, and I was never impressed with him, whatsoever.

Robinson is a great locker room guy and knows his role, so it's really difficult to criticize signing a guy for Vet Minimum.

I think many CPer's wanted Reynolds for the mere fact that he's not currently on the Chiefs roster but I don't think he'd have been an upgrade at all on the field.

JakeF
03-25-2021, 02:59 PM
We lost Watkins and didn't add anyone. At least he could be a threat when he was healthy.

Unless Hardman surprises, we have shit at the WR position after Hill.

There were several Wrs out there that would be an improvement. Even Golden Tate would help.

We should have signed Curtis Samuel

Andy is going to count on Kelce supplementing our receiving. Which would be ok except for our backup TEs are shit.

Keep an extra guy deep to stop Hill and then bracket Kelce.

Kelce will still get his but our offense is no longer what it once was.

Pound on Mahomes until he breaks and we are screwed.

The NFL now knows what to do.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 02:59 PM
I've seen Reynolds many times over the years because the Rams were quite often the best afternoon game, especially in 2017/2018, and I was never impressed with him, whatsoever.

Robinson is a great locker room guy and knows his role, so it's really difficult to criticize signing a guy for Vet Minimum.

I think many CPer's wanted Reynolds for the mere fact that he's not currently on the Chiefs roster but I don't think he'd have been an upgrade at all on the field.

That's exactly what it is.

People have made up their mind that different equals better, even when it's not.

JakeF
03-25-2021, 03:00 PM
Well that's certainly a take.
:D

I feel like skip now.

:clap: thanks

Hammock Parties
03-25-2021, 03:03 PM
DRob is inconsistent, but we have enough consistencies that his inconsistency isn't insistently insipid.

He is a feast or famine player and he is fun to watch.

Titty Meat
03-25-2021, 03:05 PM
DRob is inconsistent, but we have enough consistencies that his inconsistency isn't insistently insipid.

He is a feast or famine player and he is fun to watch.

He sucks but it wont matter if Callaway can get his head together

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 03:06 PM
We lost Watkins and didn't add anyone. At least he could be a threat when he was healthy.

Too bad he wasn't actually ever healthy. We lost nothing.

Unless Hardman surprises, we have shit at the WR position after Hill.

This is one of the best WR drafts in a while. It's still a month away. They can get a good WR in the draft for a lot less than they would have paid in free agency.

There were several Wrs out there that would be an improvement. Even Golden Tate would help.

Golden Tate hasn't signed anywhere. I wonder why?

We should have signed Curtis Samuel

Dude, he got a 3 year deal worth almost $35M. Yes, he's a good player but that's WAY more than we should spend on a guy like that.

Andy is going to count on Kelce supplementing our receiving. Which would be ok except for our backup TEs are shit.

Keep an extra guy deep to stop Hill and then bracket Kelce.

Kelce will still get his but our offense is no longer what it once was.

Pound on Mahomes until he breaks and we are screwed.

The NFL now knows what to do.

Good fucking God. Free agency is a WEEK old. Seriously, have a shot and take a nap.

OKchiefs
03-25-2021, 03:10 PM

I’m sure STaylor will be along shortly to tell me I’m an idiot.

Now, having gotten that out of the way, if KC is truly still the best team in football, which positions aside from QB and TE would you take KCs depth chart/position group over Tampa’s?

IMO Tampa has the edge at DL, OL, CB, S, & WR. RB is probably in our favor, but I wouldn’t say by much. From top to bottom they have a more talented and deeper roster. Mahomes obviously closes the gap to a degree, but without a good enough supporting cast that only helps so much.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-25-2021, 03:10 PM
The sign of a shitty offseason.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 03:12 PM
I’m sure STaylor will be along shortly to tell me I’m an idiot.

Now, having gotten that out of the way, if KC is truly still the best team in football, which positions aside from QB and TE would you take KCs depth chart/position group over Tampa’s?

IMO Tampa has the edge at DL, OL, CB, S, & WR. RB is probably in our favor, but I wouldn’t say by much. From top to bottom they have a more talented and deeper roster. Mahomes obviously closes the gap to a degree, but without a good enough supporting cast that only helps so much.

Fine.

The Chiefs are the best team in the AFC.

I mean, you're comparing them to the current Super Bowl champs. Of course Tampa is loaded. That's how they won the Super Bowl.

That being said, use the field instead of the one team that we know beat the Chiefs. Who in the rest of the NFL has a roster like Tampa? Who in the rest of the NFL has a roster like the Chiefs for that matter? Look at Green Bay or Buffalo or any of last year's playoff teams - they have holes all over too.

TEX
03-25-2021, 03:13 PM

Was hardly ever healthy...Has he signed with anyone else yet?

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 03:14 PM

He and Golden Tate are getting massages.

JakeF
03-25-2021, 03:25 PM
I didn't want to keep Watkins. The point is that we didn't replace him with anyone. Our offense was so much better with the extra receiving options. I guess the Chiefs still think that Hardman is it.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 03:26 PM
I didn't want to keep Watkins. The point is that we didn't replace him with anyone. Our offense was so much better with the extra receiving options. I guess the Chiefs still think that Hardman is it.

Free agency started 8 days ago.

The draft isn't for another month.

They're NOT DONE.

notorious
03-25-2021, 03:28 PM
He is a decent receiver, just a mother-fucking trainwreck returning kicks.

His football IQ is abysmal.

Gary Cooper
03-25-2021, 03:33 PM
He is a decent receiver, just a mother-****ing trainwreck returning kicks.

His football IQ is abysmal.

Robinson and Hardman both have abysmal football IQ.

notorious
03-25-2021, 03:35 PM
Robinson and Hardman both have abysmal football IQ.

It's like they are in a race to see who can make the stupidest mistake in games.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2021, 03:48 PM
The sign of a shitty offseason.

Re-signing a productive player for Vet Minimum is the sign of a shitty offseason?

wha?

Cosmos
03-25-2021, 03:51 PM
Run it back!

This....!!

S/

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Good signing even tho I'd like an upgrade. If he had more games like the one against the Raiders it would be nice.

Maybe now he's tradeable for a 5th round pick with that salary.

oldman
03-25-2021, 04:00 PM
I don't see this as a bad move, especially for the vet minimum. We have Hill as #1, Hardman for #3, and DRob/Pringle/Kemp/Dieter/brokedick as #4-8 (in no particular order). Sammy was #2 when you could get him on the field, so everyone moved up 1. Replace Sammy with a draft choice, and let #s 3-whatever move up one. Just don't let DRob field punts or kickoffs.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 04:03 PM
Tyreek loves this move. If Tyreek loves this move then everyone else should.

Hoover
03-25-2021, 04:07 PM
I know I've beaten this drum a lot, but the Bears are a mess. They need cap space.

We could trade for James Daniels and that frees up over 2M in cap space. We have the money to extend him. He's 23 years old. Coming off a torn peck. He's your starting center for the next decade. To be honest, I'd rather have him than Hudson.

Hoover
03-25-2021, 04:08 PM
Tyreek loves this move. If Tyreek loves this move then everyone else should.

Tyreek loves and needs to be "the guy."

Which I'm fine with. Thats code for find another WR in the draft not free agency.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 04:08 PM
I know I've beaten this drum a lot, but the Bears are a mess. They need cap space.

We could trade for James Daniels and that frees up over 2M in cap space. We have the money to extend him. He's 23 years old. Coming off a torn peck. He's your starting center for the next decade. To be honest, I'd rather have him than Hudson.

He’s also worse than Reiter

The Franchise
03-25-2021, 04:14 PM
He’s also worse than Reiter

If you’re going to quote PFF.....then you can get fucked.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 04:16 PM
If you’re going to quote PFF.....then you can get ****ed.

People severely underrate Reiter

The Franchise
03-25-2021, 04:18 PM
People severely underrate Reiter

So you were going to use PFF. Got it.

suzzer99
03-25-2021, 04:27 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/276aa3e1aea4c114f02424748f000779/tenor.gif

My thoughts on this signing.

morphius
03-25-2021, 04:35 PM
What is his over/under on dropped TD's this year?

jdh81_06
03-25-2021, 04:36 PM
He’s a below average WR and I’m disappointed that we even spent the vet minimum to resign him.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2021, 05:22 PM
He’s a below average WR and I’m disappointed that we even spent the vet minimum to resign him.

Yeah, there's no way the Chiefs can win a Super Bowl with Robinson on the roster

TEX
03-25-2021, 05:26 PM

WTF???

RunKC
03-25-2021, 05:47 PM
At least he isn’t in the ice tub most does the season like Watkins. Hopefully he’s the 4th WR when we draft someone next month

Chiefshrink
03-25-2021, 05:52 PM
Fine with having him back at league minimum but if he's playing 60% of the snaps again next year like he did in 2020 then we're in trouble.

When the o-line gets fixed there will be no issues with our WRs.;)

el borracho
03-25-2021, 05:55 PM
Run it Back(wards)!!!!

Buehler445
03-25-2021, 06:45 PM
Given what was available I’m happy with him at the vet min. If he was going to get 4M I wanted no part of it.

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2021, 07:06 PM
When the o-line gets fixed there will be no issues with our WRs.;)

The rebuilt offensive line won’t fix Robinson’s drop rate

Chiefshrink
03-25-2021, 07:11 PM
The rebuilt offensive line won’t fix Robinson’s drop rate

Just watch.;)

scho63
03-25-2021, 07:12 PM
We all figured with Watkins going they would hang onto DRob.

Chief Northman
03-25-2021, 07:15 PM
Don’t be shocked if Sammy comes back

Chiefshrink
03-25-2021, 07:21 PM
Don’t be shocked if Sammy comes back

Yep. Andy loves him and he knows Andy's playbook which is HUGE not to mention his baller ability IF he can stay on the field(that's another matter though:rolleyes:)

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 07:22 PM
Don’t be shocked if Sammy comes limps back

FYP

KCUnited
03-25-2021, 07:43 PM
Veach opening the wallet for D Rob

https://i.imgur.com/g06b94c.jpg?1

Dunerdr
03-25-2021, 08:27 PM
Theres been several returning players im not high on but i like this. Robinson is perfect for what he is. This isnt starter money, and hes not a full time starter type. Hes a solid rotational piece.

InChiefsHeaven
03-25-2021, 08:44 PM
Eh, signed him for a bag of chips and a six pack of Natty Light...what's not to like? He's not gonna be a number one target, and apparently he can block well. This is...fine...

Buehler445
03-25-2021, 08:53 PM
Veach opening the wallet for D Rob

https://i.imgur.com/g06b94c.jpg?1

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
03-25-2021, 08:56 PM
Just watch.;)

2016: 0.00
2017: 53.8% catch rate
2018: 66.7% catch rate
2019: 58.2% catch rate
2020: 76.3% catch rate

History tells us the exact opposite of what you're claiming, as Robinson's catch rate is substantially worse with better offensive line play.

Deberg_1990
03-25-2021, 09:01 PM
Did he even visit another club?

digger
03-25-2021, 09:06 PM
Maybe we can teach him to run forward?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-25-2021, 09:07 PM
Watkins will either be a Raven or a Chief

carcosa
03-25-2021, 09:30 PM
Fuck him

Don't be rude.

Titty Meat
03-25-2021, 10:05 PM
I'm probably in the minority here but I'm ok with Watkins coming back. Knows the system and shows up in the playoffs besides last years. Probably gets a 1 year deal.

Hoover
03-25-2021, 10:22 PM
Watkins can come back, but it would need to be a one year deal worth less than 5M, otherwise bye!

oldman
03-25-2021, 10:23 PM
Only if it's for a LOT less than he made over his last contract. Part-time player, part-time salary.

Dunerdr
03-25-2021, 10:42 PM
i'd have to assume watkins would be 3-4 mil its not been a wide open market for him, and he had a down year.

New World Order
03-25-2021, 11:00 PM
If they get Sammy back, he can play weeks 1-5 then the playoffs.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 11:31 PM
The only way I'm taking Watkins back is if he'll sign DRob's contract.

htismaqe
03-25-2021, 11:32 PM
If they get Sammy back, he can play weeks 1-5 then the playoffs.

Or maybe just miss the playoffs, like last year.

Dartgod
03-26-2021, 06:09 AM
I clicked on this thread for the outrage. Once again, CP does not disappoint.

Chris Meck
03-26-2021, 06:14 AM
heaven forbid we bring back role players on a 16-2 team on cheap deals.

scho63
03-26-2021, 08:42 AM
Watkins deserves about 35% of a salary as that's about how often he sees the field.

kcclone
03-26-2021, 09:18 AM

I get that, but I personally think you need to continue to bring in some fresh blood. You need some guys that are hungry for a ring, and willing to bust their ass to have their best season.

Watkins and D-rob scare me in that regard.

The Franchise
03-26-2021, 09:20 AM
I get that, but I personally think you need to continue to bring in some fresh blood. You need some guys that are hungry for a ring, and willing to bust their ass to have their best season.

Watkins and D-rob scare me in that regard.

Then point those guys out. Veach has tried.

kcclone
03-26-2021, 09:29 AM
Then point those guys out. Veach has tried.

Yeah, I'm not blaming Veach. The market is what it is. My only beef with Veach has been his 1st/2nd round picks have not been overwhelmingly successful (outside of Mahomes obviously).

We need to find some instant impact draft picks this year to not take a step back.

Deberg_1990
03-26-2021, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I'm not blaming Veach. The market is what it is. My only beef with Veach has been his 1st/2nd round picks have not been overwhelmingly successful (outside of Mahomes obviously).

We need to find some instant impact draft picks this year to not take a step back.

I would say CEH and Hardman were both instant impact players, especially for where they were drafted.

It’s hard to draft at the bottom of the 1st

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-26-2021, 10:12 AM
I would say CEH and Hardman were both instant impact players, especially for where they were drafted.

It’s hard to draft at the bottom of the 1st

Hardman sucks ass. We could’ve had DK

Deberg_1990
03-26-2021, 10:14 AM

Sure. I wouldn’t say Hardman is bad or a bust. He’s ok. But not a star.

In58men
03-26-2021, 10:17 AM

How many other teams could say the same?

This is just a dumb hot take.

RunKC
03-26-2021, 10:27 AM
Remember when people here actually said that Robinson was better than Hardman? ROFL

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-26-2021, 10:38 AM
Remember when people here actually said that Robinson was better than Hardman? ROFL

Coaches seem to think so

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Demarcus Robinson played almost as many offensive snaps last year (711) as Mecole Hardman and Byron Pringle combined (738).</p>&mdash; Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) <a href="https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1375159585934295044?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gary Cooper
03-26-2021, 10:45 AM

He's not any worse honestly. A way better blocker and has better chemistry with the franchise QB. Hardman of course is faster and more useful on gimmick reverses.

Both tend to disappear at times, drop key passes, and make foolish mental gaffes.

htismaqe
03-26-2021, 12:03 PM

The entire league passed on DK Metcalf, including the team that ended up drafting him.

Don't be stupid.

Bowser
03-26-2021, 12:06 PM
Coaches seem to think so

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Demarcus Robinson played almost as many offensive snaps last year (711) as Mecole Hardman and Byron Pringle combined (738).</p>&mdash; Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) <a href="https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1375159585934295044?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now do combined drops between those three

JakeF
03-26-2021, 01:38 PM

He still takes up a roster spot that should be used for someone better than a fucking blocker. If Veach can't find someone better than DRob then he needs to go back to being Reid's intern.

JakeF
03-26-2021, 01:42 PM
Coaches seem to think so

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Demarcus Robinson played almost as many offensive snaps last year (711) as Mecole Hardman and Byron Pringle combined (738).</p>&mdash; Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) <a href="https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1375159585934295044?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>That's because goes out and blocks all the time.

It's still more of an indication that Hardman isn't good enough and Watkins doesn't stay healthy. If our WR group was better DRob would be special teams only.

This is all on Andy Reid. He wouldn't know how to assemble a team if his son's life depended on it.

Deberg_1990
03-26-2021, 01:57 PM
That's because goes out and blocks all the time.

It's still more of an indication that Hardman isn't good enough and Watkins doesn't stay healthy. If our WR group was better DRob would be special teams only.

This is all on Andy Reid. He wouldn't know how to assemble a team if his son's life depended on it.

A guy who’s been to 2 Super Bowls and won another. A future hall of fame coach doesn’t know how to assemble a team? Seriously?

htismaqe
03-26-2021, 02:04 PM
Jake skips right past doubling down to quadrupling down...

RealSNR
03-26-2021, 03:17 PM
6th all time in wins as a head coach. Only been doing the job for 22 seasons.

Doesn't know how to assemble a roster.

RunKC
03-26-2021, 03:19 PM
That's because goes out and blocks all the time.

Can someone please find lews “worst takes of the year” thread and put this gem in?

Thanks

Chris Meck
03-26-2021, 03:53 PM
He still takes up a roster spot that should be used for someone better than a ****ing blocker. If Veach can't find someone better than DRob then he needs to go back to being Reid's intern.

You do understand that it's fucking MARCH, right?

There's a draft next month, and free agency will go on for some time and then we'll play games in September.

You want to just have huge glaring holes all over the roster that you MUST fill? Or do you think it might be smart to nab your role players on the cheap and then get guys to maybe beat them out?

Chris Meck
03-26-2021, 03:55 PM
Jake skips right past doubling down to quadrupling down...

Jake from Bitch Farm in rare form.

scho63
12-13-2021, 07:53 AM
That will be the last time he gets paid from the Chiefs.

His days here are done.......

Didn't even get a target and not sure he saw any snaps against the Raiders

He's faded into oblivion.

Skyy God
12-13-2021, 08:29 AM
That will be the last time he gets paid from the Chiefs.

His days here are done.......

Didn't even get a target and not sure he saw any snaps against the Raiders

He's faded into oblivion.

I mean, they need to find a WR2 in FA or the draft.

Let’s assume Gordon isn’t retained and we keep Pringle.

DRob is perfectly adequate as a back of the roster, vet minimum receiver.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2021, 08:31 AM
D-Rob is solid. You can't do better for a 4th WR. He'll make a big play in the playoffs probably.

Ya'll lick my ass!!!!!!!!