PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ryan Kerrigan

royr17
04-01-2021, 12:09 PM
How would everyone feel about Chiefs going after him. I know he's 32 years old but for the most part he's been pretty good since he was drafted. He has 95.5 career sacks and surely has to be better than Okafor and Kpassagnon. I say go for it.

ModSocks
04-01-2021, 12:21 PM
There's a lot of of good edge players out there still in F/A.

Which is why Direkshun's rants last night were too funny. "OMG we have a YUUUUGE hole at DE".....look at the DE FA list....then back at Direkshun....then back at the DE FA List....then back at Direkshun...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/38fblIIrHLMPe" width="480" height="271" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/christine-taylor-jan-brady-38fblIIrHLMPe">

Direckshun
04-01-2021, 12:22 PM
I think he'd be a good signing, if you can pay him. I actually don't think he'd be that expensive.

Rainbarrel
04-01-2021, 12:24 PM
Kink detectives are at work checking their sources.

smithandrew051
04-01-2021, 12:27 PM
If he’s cheap, we could do worse.

That said, his snap counts were pretty low last year so he’s clearly just a rotational player anymore. He had 5.5 sacks in the first 6 games he played last year, and then 0 in his last 5. Also missed 5 games sporadically.

Chargem
04-01-2021, 12:38 PM
He was my favorite pick for veteran DE pre free agency, I gather if he's still on the market though he wants to be a starter and wants to be paid as such.

RealSNR
04-01-2021, 12:41 PM
Let's wait until the middle of the season when the Cardinals release him, the Chiefs claim him off waivers before the Redacteds get him, and we win the Super Bowl with him as a veteran rotational piece!

ChiefBlueCFC
04-01-2021, 12:44 PM
I'm cool with a cheap one year flyer on Melvin Ingram or Ryan Kerrigan.

BossChief
04-01-2021, 01:18 PM
Only if most other options are deemed unavailable.

He will be 33 in a couple months and is limited in his effectiveness. His best bet is to stay in Washington.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-01-2021, 01:27 PM
Remember we still have Danna who was pretty good last year. He’s stout against the run. Needs to improve on pass rushing tho

Wilson8
04-01-2021, 01:51 PM
Ryan Kerrigan has been a good football player. He had 3 seasons with over 60 tackles and 13 sacks.

He is a very durable player too. In 10 seasons, he has only missed 4 games.

Last year he played in all 16 games with 397 defensive snaps and had 17 tackles but still had 5.5 sacks for Washington.

Ryan is getting less playing time because he is competing against two 1st round draft picks in Chase Young and Montez Sweat.

I'd like to draft an Edge player this year to go with Frank Clark, Taco Charlton, and Michael Danna.

Dependent on who we might draft, Ryan Kerrigan could be a good signing.

Chris Meck
04-01-2021, 03:02 PM
Ryan Kerrigan has been a good football player. He had 3 seasons with over 60 tackles and 13 sacks.

He is a very durable player too. In 10 seasons, he has only missed 4 games.

Last year he played in all 16 games with 397 defensive snaps and had 17 tackles but still had 5.5 sacks for Washington.

Ryan is getting less playing time because he is competing against two 1st round draft picks in Chase Young and Montez Sweat.

I'd like to draft an Edge player this year to go with Frank Clark, Taco Charlton, and Michael Danna.

Dependent on who we might draft, Ryan Kerrigan could be a good signing.

cheap vets to fill the immediate hole, draftees to develop long term. That's the right way to go, in my opinion, in just about any situation.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-01-2021, 03:23 PM
Vet minimum.

KChiefs1
04-01-2021, 03:38 PM
Always liked him.

Wisconsin_Chief
04-01-2021, 07:20 PM
So is this happening or what?

Damn it Vurch!

UChieffyBugger
04-01-2021, 07:27 PM
I prefer Clowney on a modest deal tbh...or Oldan Smith.

CoMoChief
04-01-2021, 09:37 PM
I think DE is a bigger hole than many people realize.

Chiefs actually have a lot of major holes. Starting CB, no I don't think Sneed is ready for that.

Starting LT..obviously.

WR2...Mahomes is best when he has a lot of effective weapons at his disposal. It's that simple...that's not a knock on the guy, but this offense was a lot better when a healthy effective Watkins was on the field making plays.

LB....Hitchens is ok, but he's hit his ceiling on what he is, what he's capable of. Gay was showing a lot of promise when on the field until he got injured, so he's still a big unknown....then who else is worth a shit? Nobody. Just a major lack of depth at that position.

It's still early, but the Chiefs need to hit some HR's in the draft.

Chargem
04-02-2021, 03:25 AM

Chiefs actually have a lot of major holes. Starting CB, no I don't think Sneed is ready for that.

Starting LT..obviously.

WR2...Mahomes is best when he has a lot of effective weapons at his disposal. It's that simple...that's not a knock on the guy, but this offense was a lot better when a healthy effective Watkins was on the field making plays.

LB....Hitchens is ok, but he's hit his ceiling on what he is, what he's capable of. Gay was showing a lot of promise when on the field until he got injured, so he's still a big unknown....then who else is worth a shit? Nobody. Just a major lack of depth at that position.

It sort of depends on what you mean by hole. In terms of talent, you're stating areas that are definitely weaker than other areas of the roster, but in most cases those position groups were the same or worse last year and the team cruised to the Superbowl.

The secondary is probably about the same as last year, lose Breeland but hopefully have a much healthier Thornhill back in rookie season form.

LB - agree there is no depth there, but the Chiefs play 2 LB a ton and Hitchens/Gay has potential to be a lot better than Hitchens/Wilson from last season, and there was no depth there last season either.

DE - agree its pretty weak, but its the same group as last year minus Kpass (pretty much the worst DE in all of football last year) and Okafor, who was very much a JAG in his time with KC. With Reed in the mix, the ability to have a productive 4 man rush is already better than last year even if this was the opening day roster, but I agree another veteran would be nice. A 1st round pick on DE could make this a plusplus unit.

WR - I agree, would love another weapon as the WR #2, but as it stands now this is the exact same receiving group that was available every time Watkins was injured, which felt like ALL THE TIME. They got by fine without Watkins, there's room to take a 3rd or later round WR in the draft and build up his role in the offense.

RealSNR
04-02-2021, 05:31 AM

Starting LT..obviously.

You don't think Sneed is ready to be a starting CB?

LMAO

MVChiefFan
04-02-2021, 06:22 AM
You don't think Sneed is ready to be a starting CB?

LMAO

I stopped reading after that.:shake: