PDA

View Full Version : Life Lion's Mane Mushroom

tatorhog
04-23-2021, 08:40 AM
Anybody ever taken this, or know of someone who did?

Supposedly, it can do good things for nerve related issues. I'm kinda curious if it has any real world benefit at all or if its snake oil and running into an aids tree head first at full speed would be a better alternative to it.

POND_OF_RED
04-23-2021, 08:51 AM
Chase it with some antifreeze and it pretty much calms the nerves down every time. You won’t complain. I promise.

tredadda
04-23-2021, 08:58 AM
Chase it with some antifreeze and it pretty much calms the nerves down every time. You won’t complain. I promise.

ROFL Antifreeze, the CP solution to all that ails you.

Rainbarrel
04-23-2021, 09:14 AM
Hopefully from a more passive mushroom than morels. Looks like they hunt them with a scatter gun.

tatorhog
04-23-2021, 09:17 AM

Different kind of nerve therapy, this supposedly helps with electrical paths, axons, etc. Maybe it gives a mellow too, but mainly curious about the physical nerve aspect of it.

If it was simply being nervous, heck ya...antifreeze for the win.

NewChief
04-23-2021, 09:23 AM
I've eaten Lion's mane quite a few times, as it's available at our farmer's market. It's delicious.

I've also taken the 4Sigmatic "coffees" which has Lion's Mane and chaga in it. It's definitely an effective nootropic. I'd probably take it regularly were it not so expensive.

ChiefBlueCFC
04-23-2021, 09:36 AM
Lion's Mane Mushroom sounds like something you did with your mom last night

tatorhog
04-23-2021, 10:32 AM
I've eaten Lion's mane quite a few times, as it's available at our farmer's market. It's delicious.

I've also taken the 4Sigmatic "coffees" which has Lion's Mane and chaga in it. It's definitely an effective nootropic. I'd probably take it regularly were it not so expensive.

Interesting. When you took it, did you feel more alert, etc? Did you take it for any kind of extended time?

I have a friend who found out he has some nasty spinal issues, and was recommended (by a support group, not a medical dr) lions mane for various reasons associated with the cysts that have developed on the nerves in his spinal column. As we were talking, it kind of hit me that it may help me with some of the optic nerve issues I deal with. So much of what I've found seem to be the of the overblown GNC marketing angle, so it made me think it was nothing more than expensive snake oil.

But in your experience, since you mentioned it as an effective nootropic, I'm assuming you felt like you were more alert? Or am I looking at your response incorrectly?

NewChief
04-23-2021, 10:39 AM
Interesting. When you took it, did you feel more alert, etc? Did you take it for any kind of extended time?

I have a friend who found out he has some nasty spinal issues, and was recommended (by a support group, not a medical dr) lions mane for various reasons associated with the cysts that have developed on the nerves in his spinal column. As we were talking, it kind of hit me that it may help me with some of the optic nerve issues I deal with. So much of what I've found seem to be the of the overblown GNC marketing angle, so it made me think it was nothing more than expensive snake oil.

But in your experience, since you mentioned it as an effective nootropic, I'm assuming you felt like you were more alert? Or am I looking at your response incorrectly?

That's correct. More alert and focused. More able to enter flow state for work more quickly as well. Like caffeine but with much less of the speed/rush feeling.