PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Now what?

oldman
04-30-2021, 10:47 PM
Now that we have a stud MLB and protection for our half billion dollar man, what do we do in Day 3?

TimeForWasp
04-30-2021, 10:49 PM
punt

BigChiefFan
04-30-2021, 10:51 PM
If Guard Trey Smith is sitting there, I’d pull the trigger. Might as well solidify the O-Line and keep Mahomes jersey clean. We can address WR in the 5th round and get WR Terry.

ntexascardfan
04-30-2021, 10:57 PM
I'm hoping Amon-Ra St.Brown keeps falling.

cdcox
04-30-2021, 11:05 PM
Trade for picks in 2022.

el borracho
04-30-2021, 11:07 PM
CB: Trill Williams or Rodarius Williams
WR: Tylan Wallace or Marquez Stevenson or Simi Fehoko or Josh Imatorbhebhe
DE: Janarius Robinson
DT: Daviyon Nixon
S: Jacoby Stevens
TE: Nick Eubanks
RB: Chris Evans

el borracho
04-30-2021, 11:10 PM
If Guard Trey Smith is sitting there, I’d pull the trigger. Might as well solidify the O-Line and keep Mahomes jersey clean. We can address WR in the 5th round and get WR Terry.

I would be stunned if the Chiefs drafted another Offensive Lineman this year. They have already dedicated 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks to that position group in this draft.

UChieffyBugger
04-30-2021, 11:16 PM
Tight end, WR, any hybrid safety prospect, CB and maybe a RB like Chuba would ne nice.

BigChiefFan
04-30-2021, 11:17 PM
I would be stunned if the Chiefs drafted another Offensive Lineman this year. They have already dedicated 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks to that position group in this draft.

I lean towards your sentiment, but the talent level of Trey Smith would solidify the position long-term. LDT and Long are both question marks. I think this is the year, we put the O-Line band-aid approach to bed. Smith makes our O-Line elite. Just a perspective to consider.

ptlyon
05-01-2021, 12:17 AM
NOWS THE TIME WE DANCE MY SPROCKETS

KChiefs1
05-01-2021, 12:19 AM
CB: Trill Williams or Rodarius Williams
WR: Tylan Wallace or Marquez Stevenson or Simi Fehoko or Josh Imatorbhebhe
DE: Janarius Robinson
DT: Daviyon Nixon
S: Jacoby Stevens
TE: Nick Eubanks
RB: Chris Evans

You might be happy with my latest mock.

144. Tyree Gillespie
S Missouri

175. Janarius Robinson
EDGE Florida State

181. Josh Imatorbhebhe
WR Illinois

207. Chris Evans
RB Michigan

Wilson8
05-01-2021, 12:46 AM
Lots of good players still left, but Chiefs have to wait until the end of the 4th round to draft. Some of the ones I like and might be available to us as we go through our draft picks, are in BOLD.

LB Jabril Cox, LSU Would love to have him, but he will be gone in the early 4th and we already have our LB.

WR Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State
WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC Might be there in 4th
WR Seth Williams, Auburn
WR Simi Fehoko, Stanford
WR Jaelon Darden, North Texas
WR Tamorrion Terry, Florida State
WR Josh Imatorbhebhe, Illinois
WR Austin Watkins Jr, UAB
WR Cade Johnson, South Dakota State
WR Shi Smith, South Carolina
WR Demetric Felton, UCLA
WR Cornell Powell, Clemson
WR Marquez Stevenson, Houston
WR Michael Strachan, Charleston
WR Dez Fitzpatrick, Louisville
WR Frank Darby, Arizona State
WR Trevon Grimes, Florida

DE Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh
DE Cameron Sample, Tulane
DE Elerson Smith, Northern Iowa
DE Quincey Roche, Miami
DE Josh Kaindoh, Florida State
DE William Bradly-King, Baylor
DE Victor Dimukeje, Duke
DE Daelin Hayes, Notre Dame
DE Janarius Robinson, Florida State
DE Patrick Johnson, Tulane
DE Jordan Smith, Alabama-Birmingham
DE Wyatt Hubert, Kansas State
DE Charles Snowden, Virginia

CB Robert Rochell, Central Arkansas
CB Shaun Wade, Ohio State
CB Tay Gowan, UCF
CB Kary Vincent, LSU
CB Thomas Graham, Oregon
CB Israel Mukuamu, South Carolina
CB Zech McPhearson, Texas Tech
CB Shakur Brown, Michigan State
CB Keith Taylor, Washington
CB Trill Williams, Syracuse
CB Deommodore Lenoir, Oregon
CB Tre Brown, Oklahoma
CB Olaijah Griffin, USC

TE Brevin Jordan, Miami Would like to have but he will go early
TE Noah Gray, Duke
TE Kenny Yeboah, Mississippi
TE Nick Eubanks, Michigan In late rounds
TE Zach Davidson, Central Missouri

Wilson8
05-01-2021, 01:39 AM
After the draft -

If no DE drafted, sign Melvin Ingram III.

If no CB drafted, sign Bashaud Breeland.

If no TE drafted, sign Tyler Eifert.

No real FA options at this time for WR, so maybe that should be priority at 144.

BossChief
05-01-2021, 01:52 AM
Just like last year, Veach has told us exactly what he plans to do before he does it.

He told us his “blueprint” is to fix the lines and LB positions in FA and the draft. He told us he would fix other spots, as well...but that the heavy lifting would be those positions.

Tried to sign Trent Williams
Signed Joe Thuney
Signed Blythe
Signed Kyle Long
Signed Jarran Reed
Re-signed Taco Charlton
Traded multiple picks including a first for Orlando Brown
Drafted Nick Bolton in the second
Drafted Creed Humphrey in the second

Have interest in Melvin Ingram snd might sign him Tuesday.

We have to believe what Veach has said and take it at face value.

He talked about a pocket of WRs in the 4th round that will be interesting...I’d be willing to bet we move up in the 4th to take a WR he really likes.

Beef Supreme
05-01-2021, 04:23 AM
Now that we have a stud MLB and protection for our half billion dollar man, what do we do in Day 3?

Same thing we do every day, Pinky.

InChiefsHeaven
05-01-2021, 08:00 AM
NOWS THE TIME WE DANCE MY SPROCKETS

https://media1.giphy.com/media/qmZCX17P0qwPm/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ab1cd815b6ef788de19ff9ed7b09fba2bdf37cd0&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

bigjosh
05-01-2021, 08:03 AM
I feel a julio trade tingling in my balls

tredadda
05-01-2021, 08:49 AM
I feel a julio trade tingling in my balls

Could be something else as well. Might wanna get that checked out.

Rain Man
05-01-2021, 09:26 AM
I think we'll need some depth on extra point kicking to keep Butker's leg fresh.

Or with this line, maybe we won't kick extra points at all. Mind blown.

T-post Tom
05-01-2021, 10:53 AM
“Now what?” I have some insider information straight from the Chiefs’ war room. My neighbor has a cousin who knows someone that works in housekeeping at Arrowhead. Please do not share this information beyond CP. I would hate to get anyone in trouble. Again, please be discreet. Here we go. Brett Veach was heard saying that, “We will not be drafting a punter on the final day of the draft.” ;)

You’re welcome. (Seriously, Veach’s comments yesterday indicate that he’s committed to the BPA approach going forward. At this point, that seems like the most logical approach to me. And the most unpredictable.)

BigChiefFan
05-01-2021, 09:19 PM
I lean towards your sentiment, but the talent level of Trey Smith would solidify the position long-term. LDT and Long are both question marks. I think this is the year, we put the O-Line band-aid approach to bed. Smith makes our O-Line elite. Just a perspective to consider.

Trey Smith in the house. Whoop.

el borracho
05-01-2021, 09:56 PM
Trey Smith in the house. Whoop.

You nailed it! Color me stunned (but pleased).

BigChiefFan
05-01-2021, 10:10 PM
You nailed it! Color me stunned (but pleased).

Hell yeah, Brother. I’m damn happy with our draft. I just really think Smith can be a dominant guard and puts our O-Line over the top. I'm glad Veach and company pulled it off. They aced this draft. This guy being a 6th rounder is the ultimate in a value pick. I believe our team is vastly improved from last year.

Wisconsin_Chief
05-01-2021, 10:17 PM
Chuefs.

That’s what. Yo!

KCChiefsFan88
05-01-2021, 10:41 PM
The Chiefs still need a veteran/proven WR.

Second biggest issue in the Super Bowl was the failure of the Chiefs’ non-Tyreek/Kelce receiving options.

Mecca
05-01-2021, 10:50 PM

Second biggest issue in the Super Bowl was the failure of the Chiefs’ non-Tyreek/Kelce receiving options.

Your options are literally Golden Tate, Larry Fitzgerald and DeDe Westbrook.

el borracho
05-01-2021, 11:11 PM

I'm pretty sure Veach is going to use his jedi mind tricks to trade Allegretti for Julio straight up.

Hoopsdoc
05-01-2021, 11:15 PM
“Now what?” I have some insider information straight from the Chiefs’ war room. My neighbor has a cousin who knows someone that works in housekeeping at Arrowhead. Please do not share this information beyond CP. I would hate to get anyone in trouble. Again, please be discreet. Here we go. Brett Veach was heard saying that, “We will not be drafting a punter on the final day of the draft.” ;)

You’re welcome. (Seriously, Veach’s comments yesterday indicate that he’s committed to the BPA approach going forward. At this point, that seems like the most logical approach to me. And the most unpredictable.)

This girl lived close to you?

tatorhog
05-02-2021, 08:04 AM

TB was able to drop everybody in coverage and killed us with minimal numbers up the middle.

Thats not happening anymore. You put a bunch into coverage, you get death by a 1000 cuts with CEH getting chunks. You bring more up to the line, and suddenly WRs are able to find open spots. The skill groups just got exponentially better by what was done with the OL.