PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs AFC rivals haven't closed gap on Chiefs...

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-03-2021, 08:03 AM
A good read here in case you missed it, I will put the text in a spoiler...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-insider-notes-afc-rivals-havent-closed-gap-on-chiefs-despite-giving-it-their-best-shot-this-offseason/

In case you haven't heard enough of this the last three months, to say nothing of this past weekend, I had a little reminder for you regarding the NFL Draft: Everyone takes the best player available almost all the time, the guy they coveted tends to just fall to them, and you can't truly judge winners and losers of any draft until years after.

That's just how it works. Or so they would have you believe.

The reality is, especially among the better teams in the league, and the dregs of the league (i.e. those without a capable quarterback), there is very much need involved with many of the top picks and calculated trades before and during the draft. And there seemed to be an obvious theme among better AFC teams in how they doubled down on certain areas, and approached this draft. An unspoken arms race of sorts in ongoing, in large part a reaction to how the Kansas City Chiefs season ended last year.

The Chiefs were going to do everything in their power – via trades, free agency and the draft – to reinforce their offensive line like never before. And the rest of the conference, particularly those franchise that might fancy themselves closest to unseating the Chiefs (the Bills, Ravens and Browns, who comprised the final four in the conference in January) are trying to load up to stop them. Not exactly rocket science, I know. But the fact that Baltimore and K.C. completed a major trade involving a Pro Bowl offensive lineman (at a time when they both needed major help there), and then the Bills doubled down on pass rushers with their top two picks, served further notice of how these Super Bowl contenders are trying to maximize their last great chance to harness talent en masse before the 2021 season begins.

If the Ravens can get past the Chiefs, it will require making Patrick Mahomes sweat, and the edge players atop their depth chart prior to the draft (Tyus Bowser, Jaylon Ferguson and Pernell McPhee) have combined for 52 career sacks, with 37 of them coming from McPhee, 32, a rotational player at this point. So it came as absolutely no surprise they took who they deemed to be the best pass rusher possible (Odafe Oweh) with the 31st pick they received as part of the Orlando Brown trade with the Chiefs. They were always going to use at least one of their top two picks on an edge rusher, no matter how the board fell; they don't have the luxury to grab any player at any position with the way that roster is composed after sitting out any big money free agent signings yet again. The inherent bias of position need is baked into the board.

And the Chiefs, despite already signing guard Joe Thuney to a record-setting contract and giving up draft capital for Brown, with just two picks in the first 143 selections, still took an offensive lineman with one of those selections, center Creed Humphrey with the 63rd pick. They are clearly as serious as can be about protecting their franchise QB as he recovers from offseason surgery. Lack of draft picks made no difference, while Baltimore took offensive line with the 94th pick they got from K.C. (need-based to the core), and then traded down from the 136th overall pick from K.C. to eventually take defensive back Shaune Wade (you need all the corners and safeties to try to stop the Chiefs).

All the Bills did meantime, was load up on pass rush, knowing that veterans Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison are only going to bring so much at this stage, and everyone seeing how much Tampa's ability to harass Mahomes with just four rushers impacted the Super Bowl outcome. They grabbed Gregory Rousseau with the penultimate selection of the first round, someone who may be able to get push inside and out, and grabbed Carlos Basham at the end of the second round, a player some evaluators I trust believe will provide first-round value at the next level.

Baltimore preferred Oweh to Rousseau – something to watch over the coming years – and it will be fascinating to see how the picks Baltimore got for Brown progress, and how well Brown performs as a left tackle in a far less run-oriented offense in Kansas City.

As for the Browns, having assembled a potent offense, they attacked improving their defense even after making bolstering the secondary and pass rush a major theme of their free-agent process. Corner Gregory Newsome wasn't that high on some other team's boards I spoke to, but it's a fairly safe pick, while landing Notre Dame linebacker/safety/whatever Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, was seen as a steal among those I talked to. They added speedy receivers on day two and three – Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham aren't going to be there forever – and may have had one of the best drafts overall.

"I didn't want to believe the Browns were for real, but I really like their draft," one top AFC executive told me. "The corner wasn't that high for us, but it's hard to argue with what they've done and the kid from Notre Dame could be a star if you use him the right way. They have really smart people running things there now. They've had an impressive offseason."

I tend to agree. At this stage, with some veteran free agents like Justin Houston, Melvin Ingram and Alejandro Villanueva still out there, I see the Browns and Bills as the best constructed to truly test the Chiefs for AFC supremacy. I love what they have done and how they have gone about going it … But if Brown is as good as I believe he will be, next to Thuney and with Kyle Long at guard, I still don't think it will be enough to knock them off their perch barring major injuries.

The Chiefs have vastly upgraded both the quality and quantity of options along their offensive line, clearly had a limited amount of first-round grades on tackles (as did most of the league as there was no wave on them in the final eight of the opening round, and believed Brown to be far superior to whatever was available to them there. And now they have seven legit options to sort through the three starting linemen to the right of Brown and Thuney, which is bad news for the rest of the AFC.

Disregard any draft grades that rip them for lack of selections. They went all-in to repair their one glaring need, and ownership showed a willingness to dig far deeper in its pockets than many rivals (you know who you are) including almost landing Trent Williams, the highest-paid left tackle in the game. Those draft grades don't include the 24-year old tackle they just landed who has already gone to the Pro Bowl at two different positions already, and if you aren't giving Andy Reid an 'A' for the totality of his offseason transactions, you aren't paying very close attention.

But trust me, the GMs in the AFC are. None of this escapes them. And best of luck keeping chase.

CupidStunt
05-03-2021, 08:28 AM
Not only did no one close the gap -- the Chiefs just made it even wider. We improved more than any other team (contender) in the AFC did.

Chief Northman
05-03-2021, 08:33 AM
I would argue Cleveland has had a great offseason and might be ready for a deep playoff run

O.city
05-03-2021, 08:34 AM
Cleveland looks really solid on paper. Will be all about Baker.

Chris Meck
05-03-2021, 08:36 AM
I think both Buffalo and Cleveland had good, solid drafts and will be improved.

RunKC
05-03-2021, 08:36 AM
Nobody is on our level but I think one team deserves a lot of credit.

The Browns

They had one of the best offseasons of any team. They completely revamped their secondary and defense overall.

John Johnson
Troy Hill
Grant Delpit-back after IR as a rookie
Greg Newsome
Anthony Walker
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Then they added Tak McKinnley, Malik Jackson and Clowney. Not huge fans of them but as your 3rd, 4th and 5th rushers? Not bad.

They had a terrific offseason. Too bad about that whole Baker Mayfield thing though LMAO

AdolfOliverBush
05-03-2021, 08:37 AM
The other AFC teams were no threat to the Chiefs last year, and will not be this year. The only real threats are in the NFC.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-03-2021, 08:42 AM
Cleveland is maybe the biggest threat now to me. I think we saw peak Buffalo last year.

KChiefs1
05-03-2021, 08:43 AM
Miami killed this draft thanks in part to the trade with Houston.

Glad they didn't draft Herbert last year.

If they add Watson or Rodgers....watch out!

pugsnotdrugs19
05-03-2021, 08:44 AM
I’ll say this too - if an AFC team adds Rodgers or Watson (if he can play), that team might obviously jump to 2nd on the list immediately.

Miami or Denver both would IMO.

Hammock Parties
05-03-2021, 08:46 AM
An AFC team needs to add Julio to have a prayer.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-03-2021, 08:52 AM
Our offense is going back to 2019, our defense is night and day better than 2019, it's going to be a fun year of hearing, "how do you stop the Chiefs" and "pick your poison" every week...

CupidStunt
05-03-2021, 08:54 AM
Cleveland did some good shit and on paper they are pretty complete, I agree. But their QB will always be the worst on the field in any contender-vs-contender matchup, whether it's us, Buffalo, Tampa, Green Bay, etc. And not just marginally, either. Mayfield's a pretty steep drop off after the likes of Mahomes, Rodgers etc.

The Franchise
05-03-2021, 08:54 AM
It’s Cleveland and it’s going to come down to whether Baker can take the next step. OBJ will be back and Baker wasn’t playing so hot when he was on the field. That defense though.

Hammock Parties
05-03-2021, 08:56 AM
Our offense is going back to 2019

Chiefs offense was better in 2020...like it was the fucking #1 offense...we are going back to 2018.

#1 points #1 overall.

O.city
05-03-2021, 09:01 AM
If Denver adds Rodgers, they're right there with KC.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-03-2021, 09:01 AM
Chiefs offense was better in 2020...like it was the ****ing #1 offense...we are going back to 2018.

#1 points #1 overall.

Correct... I was thinking in terms of Superbowl years...our offense will be more like 2018-2019, and our defense is way better.

KChiefs1
05-03-2021, 09:02 AM
The Athletic surveyed NFL evaluators about how the 2021 draft played out.

Front office people said they were impressed with the drafts of the Cowboys, Chargers, Giants, Jaguars, Jets, Ravens, Steelers and Vikings, among others.

The Chargers were praised for their solid first two picks, offensive tackle Rashawn Slater and cornerback Asante Samuel Jr., as well as wide receiver Josh Palmer. One front office person said he thinks all three are starters, with Palmer being a No. 2 receiver who runs excellent routes. Their second pick in the third round, Tre’ McKitty, was called “the best blocking tight end in the draft.” One predicted fourth-round pick Chris Rumph II will enhance the team with excellent technique, intelligence, savvy, athleticism and character.

RAIDERS: Raiders general manager Mike Mayock said he knew the selection of offensive tackle Alex Leatherwood with the 17th overall pick would be controversial, and he was right. Several of his peers questioned the choice.

Leatherwood was the third offensive tackle taken, but he was ranked sixth-best by one general manager. Another general manager said he was sure the Raiders were going to take Darrisaw instead of Leatherwood. Said a third, “Darrisaw would have been a more solid pick.”

Leatherwood had impressive workout numbers, but he turned off some people by being late for commitments at the Senior Bowl, one scouting director said. An evaluator said Leatherwood has the athleticism and length of the best tackles in the draft, but he doesn’t show it consistently. “Every game, he does something you question,” he said. Another said he didn’t think Leatherwood was the best fit for the Raiders’ power-blocking scheme, and that he would have been better in a zone-blocking offense.

BRONCOS: The Broncos mostly were praised for taking Surtain even though they passed a quarterback with excellent potential in Fields. “He’s the most well-rounded cornerback I’ve seen in a very long time, and he got one of the highest grades I gave a corner in a while,” one scout said. “He doesn’t have many holes.”

Cornerback wasn’t a pressing need for the Broncos, but a scout said he understood why they would take a cornerback with Patrick Mahomes in the same division. Last season the AFC West had the top-ranked passing team (Chiefs), the No. 6 passing team (Chargers) and the No. 7 passing team (Raiders).

• More than one front office person remarked that area scouts and even scouting directors had less influence than usual over the 2021 draft and were marginalized in the process.

Part of it is because they didn’t have as much valuable information as in a normal year because they couldn’t travel as much during the fall. And part of it is because they had less face time with their teams’ top decision-makers. They usually weren’t physically in their draft rooms, and in some cases, they weren’t even at their team facilities. As a result, general managers, head coaches, and even assistant coaches wielded more influence over this draft than usual.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-03-2021, 09:03 AM
If Denver adds Rodgers, they're right there with KC.

They will have to give away the draft farm or trade 2-3 quality players on their defense to get this done... Also, Do you think Rodgers wants to compete with Mahomes the next 4 years, he has a no-trade clause?

O.city
05-03-2021, 09:04 AM
They will have to give away the draft farm or trade 2-3 quality players on their defense to get this done... Also, Do you think Rodgers wants to compete with Mahomes the next 4 years, he has a no-trade clause?

Whatever they give up, if they add Rodgers they're right there. He's arguably 1 or 2 with Mahomes right now.

MahomesMagic
05-03-2021, 09:04 AM
KC

Cleveland, Baltimore, Indy, Buffalo

Throw in Miami as a dark horse with

Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Gesicki and Tua in year 2. Adding Jaelan Phillips to their D.

The Franchise
05-03-2021, 09:06 AM
KC

Cleveland, Baltimore, Indy, Buffalo

Throw in Miami as a dark horse with

Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Gesicki and Tua in year 2. Adding Jaelan Phillips to their D.

Indy has an often injured QB that’s fumbled the ball 50+ times. And he has no LT. Indy isn’t in the picture at all.

tredadda
05-03-2021, 09:07 AM
Teams realized the way to beat KC was to rush four and drop seven into coverage. The idea was to pressure Mahomes and make it harder for receivers to get open in time. They could do this because they did not fear or respect the KC run game. The contenders felt that addressing that gave them the best opportunity to beat KC. What does KC do? They go all in on the OLine which will allow us to run the ball, which minimizes the impact of those pass rushers. They will have to dedicate more personnel to stopping the run which will open up the passing game again which Mahomes, with more time to throw, will exploit.

KChiefs1
05-03-2021, 09:10 AM
https://theathletic.com/2562306/2021/05/03/eagles-browns-lions-bears-dane-brugler-ranks-his-favorite-2021-nfl-draft-classes-from-1-to-32/

Eagles, Browns, Lions, Bears: Dane Brugler ranks his favorite 2021 NFL Draft classes from 1 to 32

This is my spin on grading the NFL Draft hauls for each team. Instead of handing out letter grades, I power-ranked the 32 clubs based on my favorite draft classes, from best to worst.

1. Philadelphia Eagles

2. Cleveland Browns

3. Detroit Lions

4. Chicago Bears

5. Los Angeles Chargers

Favorite pick: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
Call it luck or call it smart process, the Chargers could have been pressured to trade up for the quarterback last year or the left tackle this year. But they stayed put both years and landed Justin Herbert and Slater. Regardless, job well done by Tom Telesco and his staff.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Brenden Jaimes, OT, Nebraska
I loved what the Chargers did on Day 3, especially with Rumph and Niemann. But the value of Jaimes (pronounced HYME-iss) outside the top-150 picks was outstanding. Nebraska has a vast history of producing offensive lineman, but none started more consecutive games than Jaimes, who should at-worst be a rock-solid swing tackle. With Slater and Jaimes, the Chargers remade the tackle depth chart in one draft.

9. Miami Dolphins

11. Denver Broncos

Favorite pick: Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama
A year ago at this time, the cornerback position was a glaring question mark on the Broncos’ roster, but general manager George Paton quickly turned a weakness into a strength. With his technique, athleticism and instincts, Surtain is ready to compete vs. NFL receivers from day one.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Jamar Johnson, FS, Indiana
The second of two safeties drafted in the fifth round, Johnson will make business decisions as a tackler, and that is an obvious concern. But his ability in coverage could earn him snaps in the nickel as a rookie.

13. Baltimore Ravens

21. Buffalo Bills

23. Kansas City Chiefs

Favorite pick: Creed Humphrey, OG/C, Oklahoma
The Chiefs focused on remaking the offensive line depth chart this offseason and that continued on draft weekend with Humphrey. Kansas City added established interior starters in free agency like Joe Thuney and Austin Blythe, and Humphrey gives them more competition and a long-term starter.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee
Smith carried first-round grades from scouts last summer, but up-and-down senior tape and his medical background caused his freefall on draft weekend. Nonetheless, he has a unique blend of size, power and movement skills and if he becomes a starter, that shouldn’t surprise anyone.

30. Las Vegas Raiders

Favorite pick: Trevon Moehrig, FS, TCU
Leading into the draft, Moehrig seemed to be an ideal fit for what the Raiders covet at a position of need. But would they have to draft him at No. 17 to get him? Instead, they traded up to land him and his rangy ball skills at pick No. 43.

Day 3 pick who could surprise: Tyree Gillespie, DS, Missouri
They also traded up for Gillespie in the fourth. With safety such a problem area, I don’t blame Las Vegas for using multiple resources to address the issue. I wish Gillespie made more plays on the football, but his play speed and toughness are what you want at the position.

32. Houston Texans

Hoover
05-03-2021, 09:13 AM
So last year int he draft those wanting to compete with the Chiefs, all went out and added dynamic WRS. Now after the Super Bowl it's drop a bunch in coverage and be able to rush the QB so teams are adding edge rushers and corners.

The problem is the Chiefs recognize their weak spots better than anybody else. Just wait until next year when we add an EDGE and WR early in the draft.

Can't wait to see these guys on the field!

KChiefs1
05-03-2021, 09:16 AM
Denver Broncos

1 (9)
CB Pat Surtain II
Alabama
2 (35)
RB Javonte Williams
North Carolina
3 (98)
OG Quinn Meinerz
Wisconsin-Whitewater
3 (105)
LB Baron Browning
Ohio State
5 (152)
S Caden Sterns
Texas
5 (164)
S Jamar Johnson
Indiana
6 (219)
WR Seth Williams
Auburn
7 (237)
CB Kary Vincent Jr.
LSU
7 (239)
Edge Jonathon Cooper
Ohio State
7 (253)
Edge Marquiss Spencer
Mississippi State

What a roller coaster of a weekend for Broncos fans. Thursday night started out with rumors that they were landing Aaron Rodgers and ended with them passing on Fields. They are probably the most difficult team to evaluate right now, given that we don’t know how the rest of the offseason is going to play out.

If the Broncos think they have a realistic shot of acquiring Rodgers, this draft looks great. Patrick Surtain II was one of the cleanest prospects in the draft. Yes, the Broncos are deep at corner for 2021, but Kyle Fuller and Bryce Callahan are scheduled to be free agents after the season. Surtain has huge upside in Vic Fangio’s scheme. On the other hand, if the Broncos don’t think they have a realistic shot at Rodgers, then passing on Fields is a huge head-scratcher. Denver would have been a great spot for him, given the talent the Broncos have at their skill positions and the fact that Fangio pretty much always produces a competent defense. Teddy Bridgewater is a fine option as a competent starter or backup, but Fields would have been an upside swing worth taking.

As for the rest of their draft, I’m generally not in favor of trading up for running backs, but Javonte Williams is so fun to watch and could be an immediate starter. Denver deserves credit for drafting for volume with 10 overall picks. With Rodgers, they would be an immediate Super Bowl contender. The rest of the roster is underrated. Without Rodgers, they’ll be left to revisit the quarterback situation next offseason and could have regrets about passing on Fields.

Grade: B-

Kansas City Chiefs

2 (58)
LB Nick Bolton
Missouri
2 (63)
OC Creed Humphrey
Oklahoma
4 (144)
Edge Joshua Kaindoh
Florida State
5 (162)
TE Noah Gray
Duke
5 (181)
WR Cornell Powell
Clemson
6 (226)
OG Trey Smith
Tennessee

Their big draft move was trading for offensive tackle Orlando Brown. But Andy Reid and Brett Veach continued to reshape the offensive line with talented center Creed Humphrey in the second round. It’s fair to question whether using a pick on an off-ball linebacker in the second round made sense, given their limited resources, but Nick Bolton was a productive college player and should have an immediate role on the Chiefs’ defense. Clemson wide receiver Cornell Powell was a worthy flier in the fifth round.

The Chiefs didn’t have a first-round pick and selected just six players overall. Yet they very well might have come away with at least two immediate starters. That’s pretty good.

Grade: B

Las Vegas Raiders

1 (17)
OT Alex Leatherwood
Alabama
2 (43)
S Trevon Moehrig
TCU
3 (79)
Edge Malcolm Koonce
Buffalo
3 (80)
S/LB Divine Deablo
Virginia Tech
4 (143)
S Tyree Gillespie
Missouri
5 (167)
CB Nate Hobbs
Illinois
7 (230)
OC Jimmy Morrissey
Pittsburgh

Their decision to draft Alabama offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood at No. 17 was a surprise. There’s nothing wrong with avoiding groupthink, but this is becoming an annual tradition for the Raiders, and it hasn’t exactly worked out in recent years. It might have made sense to trade back even if they ran the risk of losing out on Leatherwood. There would have been other right tackles available.

I like Trevon Moehrig a lot, but it’s worth nothing that the Raiders had to execute one of the costlier trade-ups in the draft to get him. Hybrid safety/linebacker Divine Deablo was a fun third-round pick, but new defensive coordinator Gus Bradley will have to show he knows how to deploy him. Overall, this doesn’t look like a bad haul, but the Raiders desperately need some of these secondary picks to hit.

Grade: B-

Los Angeles Chargers

1 (13)
OT Rashawn Slater
Northwestern
2 (47)
CB Asante Samuel Jr.
Florida State
3 (77)
WR Josh Palmer
Tennessee
3 (97)
TE Tre' McKitty
Georgia
4 (118)
Edge Chris Rumph II
Duke
5 (159)
OT Brenden Jaimes
Nebraska
6 (185)
LB Nick Niemann
Iowa
6 (198)
RB Larry Rountree III
Missouri
7 (241)
S Mark Webb
Georgia

Anyone who’s participated in a fantasy draft knows that special feeling you get when a player you love surprisingly falls in your lap. The NFL version of that is what happened with GM Tom Telesco in the first and second rounds.

It was no secret that the Chargers needed a left tackle entering draft weekend. They were able to stay put and take Northwestern’s Rashawn Slater at 13. Then in the second round, they were able to grab playmaking corner Asante Samuel Jr., who should be a perfect fit for Brandon Staley’s zone-heavy scheme.

This is a talented roster without a lot of holes. If Justin Herbert makes a second-year leap, look out. The Chargers could become a trendy Super Bowl pick by the time September rolls around.

Grade: B+

tredadda
05-03-2021, 09:18 AM
https://theathletic.com/2562306/2021/05/03/eagles-browns-lions-bears-dane-brugler-ranks-his-favorite-2021-nfl-draft-classes-from-1-to-32/

Eagles, Browns, Lions, Bears: Dane Brugler ranks his favorite 2021 NFL Draft classes from 1 to 32

This is my spin on grading the NFL Draft hauls for each team. Instead of handing out letter grades, I power-ranked the 32 clubs based on my favorite draft classes, from best to worst.

One thing I seem to notice about so many of these draft grades are how well these experts score teams that draft high and how low they score teams that draft late. The simple fact is that teams like KC who draft late every round will not get the blue chip prospects that teams drafting Top 10 each round get. If our front office likes the value of what we got then I am content. Not every player will they hit on, but I do believe they will hit on more than the arm chair GMs that rate drafts.

PHOG
05-03-2021, 09:25 AM
This is a talented roster without a lot of holes. If Justin Herbert makes a second-year leap, look out. The Chargers could become a trendy Super Bowl pick by the time September rolls around.

Grade: B+

NO!?!?!!!! :eek:

:rolleyes:

MahomesMagic
05-03-2021, 09:27 AM
Indy has an often injured QB that’s fumbled the ball 50+ times. And he has no LT. Indy isn’t in the picture at all.

They outplayed Buffalo in the playoffs. Lost the game when Rivers rag arm had to throw to the sidelines in the final 2 minutes instead of over the middle where they were destroying Buffalo D.

Wentz isn't great but will be equal to or better than Rivers last year under Reich.

Loaded roster with lots of good young players.

displacedinMN
05-03-2021, 09:28 AM
The other AFC teams were no threat to the Chiefs last year, and will not be this year. The only real threats are in the NFC.

and Carl Cheffers.

ChiefsCountry
05-03-2021, 09:41 AM
I would argue Cleveland has had a great offseason and might be ready for a deep playoff run

They have Baker Mayfield. They are not a threat.

ChiefBlueCFC
05-03-2021, 09:47 AM

Oh good, it's already starting.

jjchieffan
05-03-2021, 10:08 AM
I love what the Chiefs have done on the interior of the line and for starter at LT. But backup LT is question mark. And RT is either Remmers, who is no Schwartz or Niang, who is unknown right now. Hopefully Niang steps up and takes that spot and I guess Remmers can be backup for both tackle spots? Brown/Remmers, Thuney/Allegretti, Humphrey/Blythe, LDT/Long, Niang/Remmers, and Smith inactive every week? Is that how it plays out?

Steron
05-03-2021, 10:08 AM
Oh good, it's already starting.

Every. Single. Year.

MahomesMagic
05-03-2021, 10:16 AM
I love what the Chiefs have done on the interior of the line and for starter at LT. But backup LT is question mark. And RT is either Remmers, who is no Schwartz or Niang, who is unknown right now. Hopefully Niang steps up and takes that spot and I guess Remmers can be backup for both tackle spots? Brown/Remmers, Thuney/Allegretti, Humphrey/Blythe, LDT/Long, Niang/Remmers, and Smith inactive every week? Is that how it plays out?

Niang will end up there if disaster happens.

I don't know many teams that have 2 starting caliber left tackles. Most carry one and a swing tackle.

Niang is a better option than Cam Erving.

tredadda
05-03-2021, 10:18 AM
Niang will end up there if disaster happens.

I don't know many teams that have 2 starting caliber left tackles. Most carry one and a swing tackle.

Niang is a better option than Cam Erving.

An old tractor tire is a better option than Erving.

MahomesMagic
05-03-2021, 10:18 AM
An old tractor tire is a better option than Erving.

Yes, it is a low bar.

KChiefs1
05-03-2021, 10:26 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uMszg77pW4E?start=25" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Chiefs don’t have a true fatal flaw on paper right now.

The secondary was good last year, and it’ll be pretty much the same group. Guys like Sneed and Fenton will only get better.

Linebacker is younger and more talented than last year.

DL should be better with Reed coming aboard and Wharton getting even better.

OL is vastly improved.

TE depth is better.

WR is the same, since Watkins was always hurt anyway. Maybe Powell or Callaway is a productive addition. Maybe Hardman takes a major stride as a receiver.

CEH will be better with an improved OL and a year in the system. Depth is a little thin, but I’m sure we’ll add another vet.

Mahomes is Mahomes. The coaching staff is essentially back again.

Injuries are the only thing that can derail us. The last 2 years have been rough with injuries. Maybe we’re due for some luck.

13 wins is the floor for the regular season IMO.

Hoopsdoc
05-03-2021, 10:39 AM
They outplayed Buffalo in the playoffs. Lost the game when Rivers rag arm had to throw to the sidelines in the final 2 minutes instead of over the middle where they were destroying Buffalo D.

Wentz isn't great but will be equal to or better than Rivers last year under Reich.

Loaded roster with lots of good young players.

All true, but there’s still the same gaping hole at left tackle, because they didn’t draft one. Well, until the 7th round. A historically deep draft at tackle and they didn’t get one. It’s hard to see that as anything but a failure.

That leaves Sam Tevi(!!!) as the presumptive week one starter. Yikes.

Now, they did add a couple of maulers on the d-line and I’ll never be entirely unsatisfied when they do that but still, they need to protect Wentz.

Mile High Mania
05-03-2021, 10:39 AM
It's KC's to lose at this point and for quite some time... Chargers are going to be interesting to see what they can do to improve on last year with Herbert. Definitely an interesting situation there.

Kiimo
05-03-2021, 10:51 AM
I'd say 14 wins is the floor with the extra game. Chiefs aren't losing more than 3

KChiefs1
05-03-2021, 10:52 AM
17-0

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 10:53 AM
I'd say 14 wins is the floor with the extra game. Chiefs aren't losing more than 3

I was assuming we wouldn’t be playing starters in Week 18. I could see having the 1 seed locked at 13-3 through 16 games.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2021, 10:54 AM
Barring an upstart team like the Chargers, who are really a complete unknown due to their new head coach and staff, or the Dolphins, in which Tua would need to turn into Fran Tarkenton overnight, the biggest threat to the Chiefs going back to the Super Bowl, IMO, is the Cleveland Browns.

The Bills have peaked. Josh Allen crumbles under the weight of carrying a team to a playoff victory and until he proves he can be that guy, he won't be that guy. The Ravens can't throw the ball, Big Ben is 150 years old, the South is in transition, as it always is, and the East is meh.

And while Baker Mayfield is inconsistent, he has the ability to put together a streaky run, so if that happens late in the season and he gets hot, they're going to be a huge handful.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 10:57 AM
Barring an upstart team like the Chargers, who are really a complete unknown due to their new head coach and staff, or the Dolphins, in which Tua would need to turn into Fran Tarkenton overnight, the biggest threat to the Chiefs going back to the Super Bowl, IMO, is the Cleveland Browns.

The Bills have peaked. Josh Allen crumbles under the weight of carrying a team to a playoff victory and until he proves he can be that guy, he won't be that guy. The Ravens can't throw the ball, Big Ben is 150 years old, the South is in transition, as it always is, and the East is meh.

And while Baker Mayfield is inconsistent, he has the ability to put together a streaky run, so if that happens late in the season and he gets hot, they're going to be a huge handful.

If the biggest threat is the Browns, the Chiefs are in REALLY good shape.

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 11:01 AM
If the biggest threat is the Browns, the Chiefs are in REALLY good shape.

Yeah, if the number 2 team has a question mark at QB...I’ll take that all day.

Best thing possible for the Chiefs is that we never have a Brady-Manning situation in the AFC.

As long as there’s a significant gap between Mahomes and the second best QB, we’re the front runners.

carcosa
05-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Chiefs don’t have a true fatal flaw on paper right now.

The secondary was good last year, and it’ll be pretty much the same group. Guys like Sneed and Fenton will only get better.

Linebacker is younger and more talented than last year.

DL should be better with Reed coming aboard and Wharton getting even better.

OL is vastly improved.

TE depth is better.

WR is the same, since Watkins was always hurt anyway. Maybe Powell or Callaway is a productive addition. Maybe Hardman takes a major stride as a receiver.

CEH will be better with an improved OL and a year in the system. Depth is a little thin, but I’m sure we’ll add another vet.

Mahomes is Mahomes. The coaching staff is essentially back again.

Injuries are the only thing that can derail us. The last 2 years have been rough with injuries. Maybe we’re due for some luck.

13 wins is the floor for the regular season IMO.

Wonderful post... and true, too!

TEX
05-03-2021, 11:06 AM

IMO it's the Chargers...NOT b/c I think they're Super Bowl contenders, but because they're a division rival that knows KC very well, and b/c they have the 2nd best QB in the division, who looks like he's going to be special. I think they're a fringe playoff team, that may get "lucky" in a playoff matchup with KC.

I think out of the legit contending teams, I'd go with the Browns also. You nailed why I just don't fear the Bills, Ravens or Steelers.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 11:08 AM
The division is about the same as last year.

1. LA needs to demonstrate they can win close games and stay healthy. The same as every year. They're the closest competition to the Chiefs.

2. Denver and LV doubled down on "strengths" instead of actually improving. Denver seems to want to fortify the roster in places where they already have good players while not addressing some glaring holes. The Raiders blew up a strength to try and make it a strength and their obsession with back-end tweeners on defense is a bit mystifying.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 11:09 AM
IMO it's the Chargers...NOT b/c I think they're Super Bowl contenders, but because they're a division rival that knows KC very well, and b/c they have the 2nd best QB in the division, who looks like he's going to be special. I think they're a fringe playoff team, that may get "lucky" in a playoff matchup with KC.

I think out of the legit contending teams, I'd go with the Browns also. You nailed why I just don't fear the Bills, Ravens or Steelers.

I think it's the Chargers too because their lack of success is largely due to intangibles - namely close games and injuries.

If they can get over those humps, they'll be a good team. Of course, we say this every year and every year they fail to get past either.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2021, 11:19 AM
Brandon Staley is 38 years old and has been an NFL coach for four years.

He was a coordinator for only one season before being hired as the new Chargers coach and had the benefit of having Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey on his defense with the Rams.

I won't consider the Chargers a threat until he proves he can actually coach.

TEX
05-03-2021, 11:20 AM
I think it's the Chargers too because their lack of success is largely due to intangibles - namely close games and injuries.

If they can get over those humps, they'll be a good team. Of course, we say this every year and every year they fail to get past either.

Yep. IF they ever learn how to win the close ones...I think that's where Herbert comes into play. IF he proves to be legit, and I believe that he will, he'll get them over that obstacle. Top QB's do that for their teams.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 11:21 AM

He was a coordinator for only one season before being hired as the new Chargers coach and had the benefit of having Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey on his defense.

This is very true.

They're the only team that has the talent to top us, that's all I'm saying. The Broncos and Raiders don't have a good enough QB.

LA doesn't have any real holes in their roster. All of their flaws are outside the lines, if you will.

RunKC
05-03-2021, 11:22 AM

1. LA needs to demonstrate they can win close games and stay healthy. The same as every year. They're the closest competition to the Chiefs.

2. Denver and LV doubled down on "strengths" instead of actually improving. Denver seems to want to fortify the roster in places where they already have good players while not addressing some glaring holes. The Raiders blew up a strength to try and make it a strength and their obsession with back-end tweeners on defense is a bit mystifying.

I think the Broncos and Chargers have the same mindset. They know their defense is good. Everyone saw Tampa Bay’s defense destroy us and now think that a damn good defense and functional offense is good enough.

Those 2 teams will have top 10 defenses but it’s not going to matter with our revamped OL and new weapons.

TEX
05-03-2021, 11:25 AM

He was a coordinator for only one season before being hired as the new Chargers coach and had the benefit of having Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey on his defense.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that take. Could be a huge factor. The Bolts have a good team, just a lot of intangibles.

RunKC
05-03-2021, 11:25 AM

I agree for the most part.

Bills are relying heavily on 2 rookies and a 2nd year DE (Espenesa) to be excellent this year and get consistent pressure on Patrick.

Dolphins are relying heavily on Tua.

Ravens are relying heavily on Lamar and a rookie pass rusher.

Browns have a new better defense with weapons and are relying on Baker.

If I’m betting on who to rely on most of those options, it’s Baker

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2021, 11:27 AM
This is very true.

They're the only team that has the talent to top us, that's all I'm saying. The Broncos and Raiders don't have a good enough QB.

LA doesn't have any real holes in their roster. All of their flaws are outside the lines, if you will.

The Chargers are basically the Cleveland Browns of 2020 but instead of Brandon Staley, it was Kevin Stefanski.

With that said, Stefanski was an offensive coach with a far deeper and better NFL resume than Staley, having been in the NFL since 2006.

The Chargers have been underachieving for decades, despite the fact they've seemingly had a loaded roster, so I have a hard time believing that they'll be anything but a disappointment until proven otherwise.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 11:27 AM
I agree for the most part.

Bills are relying heavily on 2 rookies and a 2nd year DE (Espenesa) to be excellent this year and get consistent pressure on Patrick.

Dolphins are relying heavily on Tua.

Ravens are relying heavily on Lamar and a rookie pass rusher.

Browns have a new better defense with weapons and are relying on Baker.

If I’m betting on who to rely on most of those options, it’s Baker

Yet you're still relying on Baker. So in reality, the AFC isn't all that strong at the top.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 11:29 AM
The Chargers are basically the Cleveland Browns of 2020 but instead of Brandon Staley, it was Kevin Stefanski.

With that said, Stefanski was an offensive coach with a far deeper and better NFL resume than Staley, having been in the NFL since 2006.

The Chargers have been underachieving for decades, despite the fact they've seemingly had a loaded roster, so I have a hard time believing that they'll be anything but a disappointment until proven otherwise.

Oh for sure, I don't disagree.

My argument is more about the fact that it seems to be status quo right now, at least in the AFC West. All we really got was more of the same. None of the teams really re-shaped anything.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-03-2021, 11:30 AM

Problem with these rankings is my favorite pick for the Chiefs was really #31 getting Orlando Brown Jr... That should be part of the equation and easily puts the Chiefs in the top 10...

Chris Meck
05-03-2021, 11:31 AM
Yet you're still relying on Baker. So in reality, the AFC isn't all that strong at the top.

If Mayfield has another strong season, will you finally admit you're wrong?

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 11:38 AM
If Mayfield has another strong season, will you finally admit you're wrong?

He needs to have more than a strong season. There's a dozen QB's in the league that could do what he does, especially with that supporting cast.

Bowser
05-03-2021, 11:47 AM
Cleveland did some good shit and on paper they are pretty complete, I agree. But their QB will always be the worst on the field in any contender-vs-contender matchup, whether it's us, Buffalo, Tampa, Green Bay, etc. And not just marginally, either. Mayfield's a pretty steep drop off after the likes of Mahomes, Rodgers etc.

Mayfield looked like he had us figured out in the second half of our playoff game with them. If Henne hadn't pulled off that signature scramble of his career and Andy hadn't called that ballsy 4th down pass, I was about to get very worried if we had punted back to them.

Bowser
05-03-2021, 11:49 AM
Just keep Rodgers out of the AFC West if it goes totally tits up in Green Bay. Rodgers on either Vegas or Denver instantly elevates them to serious threat. Both those teams have solid weapons but are solidly meh at the most important position.

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 11:50 AM
Mayfield looked like he had us figured out in the second half of our playoff game with them. If Henne hadn't pulled off that signature scramble of his career and Andy hadn't called that ballsy 4th down pass, I was about to get very worried if we had punted back to them.

I think our offense going completely stagnant sans Mahomes had a lot to do with that.

Once Mahomes went out, they were able to stick with their gameplan. When Mahomes was in, we were pulling away. They would’ve been forced to abandon the run eventually.

Mayfield is fine with the system when things are going well. He isn’t going to engineer a comeback against an elite QB though.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Just keep Rodgers out of the AFC West if it goes totally tits up in Green Bay. Rodgers on either Vegas or Denver instantly elevates them to serious threat. Both those teams have solid weapons but are solidly meh at the most important position.

The Raiders secondary still has big question marks.

It's kind of funny. Denver had a former QB that couldn't draft QB's.

LV has a former DB that can't draft DB's.

Bowser
05-03-2021, 11:53 AM
I think our offense going completely stagnant sans Mahomes had a lot to do with that.

Once Mahomes went out, they were able to stick with their gameplan. When Mahomes was in, we were pulling away. They would’ve been forced to abandon the run eventually.

Mayfield is fine with the system when things are going well. He isn’t going to engineer a comeback against an elite QB though.

Fair points, and even the defense was pressing with Mahomes out.

Bowser
05-03-2021, 11:54 AM
The Raiders secondary still has big question marks.

It's kind of funny. Denver had a former QB that couldn't draft QB's.

LV has a former DB that can't draft DB's.

It makes no sense, lol. Kind of like Mike Singletary being a shitty head coach. How does that even happen??

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2021, 11:55 AM
Oh for sure, I don't disagree.

My argument is more about the fact that it seems to be status quo right now, at least in the AFC West. All we really got was more of the same. None of the teams really re-shaped anything.

Yep, especially considering that the Ravens drafted an Edge player that didn't have a single sack last year and the Bills drafted a guy that didn't even play last season.

Those teams drafted on hopes and prayers.

The Chiefs drafted to fortify a weakness, not reach for players that might be able to help them at some point down the line.

Bowser
05-03-2021, 11:56 AM
It's fun watching other AFC teams predicate their drafts on catching us somehow.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 11:57 AM
Yep, especially considering that the Ravens drafted an Edge player that didn't have a single sack last year and the Bills drafted a guy that didn't even play last season.

Those teams drafted on hopes and prayers.

The Chiefs drafted to fortify a weakness, not reach for players that might be able to help them at some point down the line.

At least the Ravens and Bills tried to throw numbers at weaknesses. I don't get what the Broncos did at all.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-03-2021, 11:59 AM
We were most vulnerable in the playoffs last year. Oline was beat up in the Divisional Round and the AFC Championship Game. Yet we handled business. Losing Fisher and Patty's toe we couldn't overcome. If we stay healthy we widened any gap from last year... period.

MahomesMagic
05-03-2021, 12:02 PM

Agreed. Bills' fans think Allen is a top 5 QB but the truth is Baker scares me more than Allen.

Spags has the Buffalo offense figured out. Play lot of man coverage, blitz off the slot, and change things from Allen's pre-snap read and Allen stumbles.

Baker is a better playoff QB, Allen can rip up simple zone better.

Ravens just played vanilla man and Allen got uncomfotable.

Allen isn't bad but he is not someone I worry about at all for KC. I was shocked how poorly DC's gameplanned for him last year. If people watch the playoff film the answer's for Buffalo offense are there.

Buffalo's defense is still mediocre.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 12:07 PM
Agreed. Bills' fans think Allen is a top 5 QB but the truth is Baker scares me more than Allen.

Spags has the Buffalo offense figured out. Pay lot of man coverage, blitz off the slot, and change things from Allen's pre-snap read and Allen stumbles.

Baker is a better playoff QB, Allen can rip up simple zone better.

Ravens just played vanilla man and Allen got uncomfotable.

Allen isn't bad but he is not someone I worry about at all for KC. I was shocked how poorly DC's gameplanned for him last year. If people watch the playoff film the answer's for Buffalo offense are there.

Buffalo's defense is still mediocre.

Baker is running an actual pro-style offense with good RB's and good receiving options. Not saying he sucks at all but his situtation is so much better than Buffalo and it's BECAUSE of Josh Allen.

Buffalo's strengths AND weaknesses all revolve around Allen. They play an unconventional offense, it lacks variety and the ability to create balance when opposing defenses get the upper hand. They don't have the ability to keep defenses honest at all. The Browns have a much more varied offense than the Bills do. Sometimes the playoffs evolve into complex chess matches and the Bills just can't do that. Neither can the Ravens for that matter.

They have distinct styles on both offense and defense that for better or worse, can't change.

The Browns are much closer to the Chiefs that they can dictate gameplans but can also respond to changes when the chips are down.

Mile High Mania
05-03-2021, 12:09 PM

Can't really disagree... it's not like Denver was a QB away from making a serious and consistent run at deep playoff appearances. Appears they had a solid draft, which would make for several in a row now and prove to be good for years beyond 2021. They immediately upgraded their RB group as Williams should see quite a bit of action and Gordon is in his last year. They really focused on the secondary in FA and the draft, and with a few guys having 1 year remaining, that was smart to get Surtain and continue building depth.

Offensively, the line has improved considerably since 2019. They are rich at WR and TE, now @ RB too... can Teddy beat out Lock? I don't think that's a big ask quite honestly. Question is, can he be smart in that offense with those players around him and actually put up 24+ points consistently. We.Shall.See

Defensively, lots of talent... and they'll need it with the QB rich schedule they have in 2021.

Denver lost 7 games by 7 or fewer points... Denver only broke 21 points 6 times last year - pathetic. Sutton and Chubb are back, appear to be healthy - that's good.

Lots to prove and the division is far from weak.

htismaqe
05-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Can't really disagree... it's not like Denver was a QB away from making a serious and consistent run at deep playoff appearances. Appears they had a solid draft, which would make for several in a row now and prove to be good for years beyond 2021. They immediately upgraded their RB group as Williams should see quite a bit of action and Gordon is in his last year. They really focused on the secondary in FA and the draft, and with a few guys having 1 year remaining, that was smart to get Surtain and continue building depth.

Offensively, the line has improved considerably since 2019. They are rich at WR and TE, now @ RB too... can Teddy beat out Lock? I don't think that's a big ask quite honestly. Question is, can he be smart in that offense with those players around him and actually put up 24+ points consistently. We.Shall.See

Defensively, lots of talent... and they'll need it with the QB rich schedule they have in 2021.

Denver lost 7 games by 7 or fewer points... Denver only broke 21 points 6 times last year - pathetic. Sutton and Chubb are back, appear to be healthy - that's good.

Lots to prove and the division is far from weak.

To me it seems like Denver identified needs at DB and then went a little more than all-in. I guess will see but right now it seems like they actually went a little overboard.

Mile High Mania
05-03-2021, 12:14 PM
To me it seems like Denver identified needs at DB and then went a little more than all-in. I guess will see but right now it seems like they actually went a little overboard.

Like I said, I believe several of them are not in contract past 2021. Nothing wrong with having a deep secondary in today’s NFL and this division.

duncan_idaho
05-03-2021, 12:17 PM
If the Chiefs stay healthy-ish (and really that means they get into the playoffs with healthy Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and Orlando Brown), I don't think it matters what the other AFC teams did.

Agree that the Browns are the primary threat. The pieces they've added on defense - especially JOK - make them a much better matchup with the Chiefs overall. Their CB room is really talented but DOES feature a bunch of guys with big injury question marks.

MahomesMagic
05-03-2021, 12:31 PM
Baker is running an actual pro-style offense with good RB's and good receiving options. Not saying he sucks at all but his situtation is so much better than Buffalo and it's BECAUSE of Josh Allen.

Buffalo's strengths AND weaknesses all revolve around Allen. They play an unconventional offense, it lacks variety and the ability to create balance when opposing defenses get the upper hand. They don't have the ability to keep defenses honest at all. The Browns have a much more varied offense than the Bills do. Sometimes the playoffs evolve into complex chess matches and the Bills just can't do that. Neither can the Ravens for that matter.

They have distinct styles on both offense and defense that for better or worse, can't change.

The Browns are much closer to the Chiefs that they can dictate gameplans but can also respond to changes when the chips are down.

Buffalo's offense is heavily dependent on getting Allen to throw against his pre-snap read. Daboll has an answer ready for everything.

The problem for Buffalo is when the other team starts switching the looks like Spags likes to do.

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 12:34 PM
Buffalo's offense is heavily dependent on getting Allen to throw against his pre-snap read. Daboll has an answer ready for everything.

The problem for Buffalo is when the other team starts switching the looks like Spags likes to do.

I try not to dwell on the intangibles, but I can’t take Josh Allen serious after his AFCCG tantrum.

He looked like shit and pouted about it. Damn near started a brawl too.

Compare that Mahomes’s first AFCCG. One is a leader, the other is a toddler.

Best22
05-03-2021, 12:37 PM

He had the ball, down 22-17, with 5 minutes left and all the momentum after Henne’s interception. Chubb rushed for a first down then Cleveland went three downs and punt. Baker has his chance for a GW drive and came up well short

He didn’t figure out anything.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-03-2021, 12:51 PM
I just wanna say too, Tampa did us a huge ass favor wasting their 2nd on Kyle Trask.

Reminds me of when Pitt took Mason Rudolph.

JohnnyV13
Cleveland is maybe the biggest threat now to me. I think we saw peak Buffalo last year.

Buffalo added two good pass rushers I like in the draft in Rousseau and Basham, which could really help their D.

RaidersOftheCellar
Sounds like there's a real chance that Denver is getting Rodgers. Some are saying it's practically a done deal.

FloridaMan88
05-03-2021, 12:53 PM
The Chiefs were up 22-10 on the Browns (should have been 25-10 if Butker didn’t miss a 33 yard FG) before Mahomes got injured.

Yawnnnnn.

smithandrew051
05-03-2021, 01:08 PM
I just wanna say too, Tampa did us a huge ass favor wasting their 2nd on Kyle Trask.

That one makes zero sense to me.

No one would blame them if they just go all in while they have Brady. Might as well squeeze as much out of him as you can while you have him.

O.city
05-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Josh Allen scares me a bit because he atleast has the ability to make things happen. Baker is Alex Smith.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-03-2021, 01:45 PM
Buffalo added two good pass rushers I like in the draft in Rousseau and Basham, which could really help their D.

We hopefully will mitigate that by having a top 5 offensive line...

MahomesMagic
05-03-2021, 01:51 PM
We hopefully will mitigate that by having a top 5 offensive line...

They needed to draft those guys because Ed Oliver is going to be a bust and the veterans they paid all that money to are underachieving.

They also spent a 2nd on Epenesa last year and for some weird reason told him to lose all this weight when he is a player that wins with power.

siberian khatru
05-03-2021, 01:58 PM

They are spooging all over it down here in the bay area. One, because he's a Gator, and two, they think they now have an heir to perpetuate a dynasty.

FloridaMan88
05-03-2021, 02:08 PM
They are spooging all over it down here in the bay area. One, because he's a Gator, and two, they think they now have an heir to perpetuate a dynasty.

Trask threw like 10 interceptions and looked like shit in Florida’s bowl game when most of his offensive weapons opted out and didn’t play.

That’s a preview of what’s to come in his NFL future when he eventually plays and Tampa will be in a tear down mode post-Brady IMO.

siberian khatru
05-03-2021, 02:32 PM
Trask threw like 10 interceptions and looked like shit in Florida’s bowl game when most of his offensive weapons opted out and didn’t play.

That’s a preview of what’s to come in his NFL future when he eventually plays and Tampa will be in a tear down mode post-Brady IMO.

My son just graduated UF, I've watched most of their games, and I completely agree.

TEX
05-03-2021, 02:50 PM
Sounds like there's a real chance that Denver is getting Rodgers. Some are saying it's practically a done deal.

Just some media tards talking who WANT it to happen.

Deberg_1990
05-03-2021, 02:58 PM
Don’t sleep on the Chargers.

Although their head coach is a unknown factor.

Gravedigger
05-03-2021, 03:04 PM
The thing about it is, the team can get better, but if the QB regresses then the team regresses. It's very rare to see a young QB to take a step back and have the team be more successful from their draft picks. If Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield take a step back, then they won't reach the records they did this year. I wouldn't bet on Baker for anything, just like Phillip Rivers without the fantasy points and records to back it up.

Rausch
05-03-2021, 04:57 PM
All the Bills did meantime, was load up on pass rush, knowing that veterans Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison are only going to bring so much at this stage, and everyone seeing how much Tampa's ability to harass Mahomes with just four rushers impacted the Super Bowl outcome.

It wasn't just a 4 man rush.

It was the combination of an excellent scheme and an excellent front four. I'm sure Mahomes has played against a D using halves but the rush was getting there so quick he didn't seem able to read it in time for most of the game...

Rausch
05-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Don’t sleep on the Chargers.

Although their head coach is a unknown factor.

I could see them as legit challengers this year.

Then again they'll probably just have 3 season ending injuries to key players like they do every year...

Deberg_1990
05-03-2021, 05:02 PM
I could see them as legit challengers this year.

Then again they'll probably just have 3 season ending injuries to key players like they do every year...

The talent is there to compete. But who knows about a first time head coach?

Rausch
05-03-2021, 05:06 PM
The talent is there to compete. But who knows about a first time head coach?

Hiring Bienemy was a no-brainer for them.

They weaken the enemy, gain a good offensive mind that players respect, and he knows everything about a division rival.

Thank God they didn't...

KChiefs1
05-04-2021, 08:57 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">��ESPN’s draft gurus <a href="https://twitter.com/MelKiperESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MelKiperESPN</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/McShay13?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@McShay13</a> select this draft’s winners and look ahead to the top prospects in the 2022 Las Vegas Draft.<br><br>�� <a href="https://t.co/Rqro8Zzg36">https://t.co/Rqro8Zzg36</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1389589479913033730?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KChiefs1
05-04-2021, 08:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah had a heart issue that came up late in the process and was a concern for most teams, which is why he fell out of the first round and to pick No. 52 with Cleveland, per sources. Doctors ultimately cleared Owusu-Koramoah but it did contribute to him falling.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1389327485230321667?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lawrenceRaider
05-04-2021, 09:12 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">��ESPN’s draft gurus <a href="https://twitter.com/MelKiperESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MelKiperESPN</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/McShay13?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@McShay13</a> select this draft’s winners and look ahead to the top prospects in the 2022 Las Vegas Draft.<br><br>�� <a href="https://t.co/Rqro8Zzg36">https://t.co/Rqro8Zzg36</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1389589479913033730?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kiper is constantly wrong. He's even worse than meteorologists.

htismaqe
05-04-2021, 11:17 AM

ROFL

I wonder if this is because he liked all of the AFC West drafts except the Raiders.

ROFL

Kiimo
05-04-2021, 11:22 AM
The forecast in Vegas both in and out of the stadium is hellish

JakeF
05-04-2021, 01:10 PM
I really don't want Denver to pick up Rodgers.

Pitt Gorilla
05-04-2021, 01:10 PM

I agree that Kiper isn't great, but how "bad" are you suggesting meteorologists are?

Pitt Gorilla
05-04-2021, 01:34 PM
It wasn't just a 4 man rush.

It was the combination of an excellent scheme and an excellent front four. I'm sure Mahomes has played against a D using halves but the rush was getting there so quick he didn't seem able to read it in time for most of the game...

Have to mention the entire front 7, because those linebackers were nasty.

wachashi
05-04-2021, 02:07 PM
The Broncos had basically the same, awful odds the Raiders had to win the AFC Championship just before the Denver-Rodgers rumors started. Chiefs are still pretty healthy favorites, as this article says.

https://i.imgur.com/OPsiSQz.png

pugsnotdrugs19
05-04-2021, 02:24 PM
Denver would be worst case scenario for Rodgers but Miami isn’t much better. They too are a good QB away from being heavyweight contenders.

KChiefs1
05-05-2021, 04:28 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210505/1cc48b15a7573a5e402ff2411173fb32.jpg

TEX
05-05-2021, 04:32 PM
You add Brown to the Chiefs draft, since he was traded for picks, and KC's grade is an A.

KChiefs1
05-05-2021, 05:00 PM
You add Brown to the Chiefs draft, since he was traded for picks, and KC's grade is an A.

I know but I haven’t seen an expert give them credit for that.

Halfcan
05-05-2021, 08:55 PM
I really don't want Denver to pick up Rodgers.

They won't. Rodgers is using them as a bargaining chip.

CoMoChief
05-05-2021, 09:03 PM
If the Broncos get Aaron Rodgers the Chiefs gap will certainly closed a great deal and AFCW would be up for grabs. DEN has a lot of talent that would end up playing up to their potential, much the same way those Manning DEN teams did. HoF QB's have that ability.

DaneMcCloud
05-05-2021, 09:18 PM
If the Broncos get Aaron Rodgers the Chiefs gap will certainly closed a great deal and AFCW would be up for grabs. DEN has a lot of talent that would end up playing up to their potential, much the same way those Manning DEN teams did. HoF QB's have that ability.

Pat Shurmur can't coach his way out of a paper bag and their head coach hasn't had a winning season yet.

Their defense is aging and their starting right tackle is out for the year.

They might be able to win 10 games with Rodgers but they're not challenging for the AFC Championship.

CoMoChief
05-05-2021, 09:27 PM
Pat Shurmur can't coach his way out of a paper bag and their head coach hasn't had a winning season yet.

Their defense is aging and their starting right tackle is out for the year.

They might be able to win 10 games with Rodgers but they're not challenging for the AFC Championship.

Yeah well.....having a MVP-level Aaron Rodgers usually masks all of that.

I wouldn't go as far as calling their D aging. Von Miller is the one aging, but he can still be effective when healthy.

Now I will admit, DEN doesn't have any depth (anywhere..at all) so once/if their players start getting inj, not sure even Rodgers can mask that.

RollChiefsRoll
05-05-2021, 09:39 PM
La Canfora saying something nice about the Chiefs?

What’s the catch?

ThyKingdomCome15
05-05-2021, 10:00 PM
Include the NFC. A healthy Chiefs team gets beat by nobody. (With the exception of the Rams who got Stafford. They got better.)

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-06-2021, 09:30 AM
Include the NFC. A healthy Chiefs team gets beat by nobody. (With the exception of the Rams who got Stafford. They got better.)

If we stay healthy and this line plays to it's potential, a team will have to score 40 to have any chance...

smithandrew051
05-06-2021, 09:42 AM

I also think the “experts” don’t fully analyze the situation and how the additions will actually impact the team. I think most of them look at the quality of the players added and assign grades as such.

Creating this elite level offensive line for Mahomes is more important than the individuals players who were added. This same OL for another team might not be as impactful, because most QBs have significantly lower ceilings.

Mahomes essentially has no ceiling. When he’s held in check, it’s almost always due to something out of his control. Give him an elite OL, a good young running back, Hill/Kelce, and several other solid weapons...good luck.

You can’t convince me the draft picks resulting in Brown, Humphrey, Smith, Grey, and even Powell aren’t an A when you have Mahomes. That doesn’t even count the defensive players drafted.

KChiefs1
05-06-2021, 10:13 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y54Qyppmy4c?start=5" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch
05-06-2021, 11:01 AM
If we stay healthy and this line plays to it's potential, a team will have to score 40 to have any chance...

And losing Sammie will have no impact on that.

To see what our production would be like without him we can look back to 50% of the games played the last 3 years...

Rausch
05-06-2021, 11:01 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y54Qyppmy4c?start=5" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, they gave us a better game than Baltimore the last 2 meetings...

lawrenceRaider
05-06-2021, 11:30 AM

RAIDERS:“Every game, he does something you question,” he said. Another said he didn’t think Leatherwood was the best fit for the Raiders’ power-blocking scheme, and that he would have been better in a zone-blocking offense.

Honestly, the guy completely loses all credibility with this statement. Cable is a noted zone blocking coach, and integrates a ton of zone blocking in with the power blocking scheme.

Add in that Leatherwood's strength per every single draft analysis I've seen is his power in the run game, and that guy is left with no credibility.

lawrenceRaider
05-06-2021, 11:37 AM
Yep. IF they ever learn how to win the close ones...I think that's where Herbert comes into play. IF he proves to be legit, and I believe that he will, he'll get them over that obstacle. Top QB's do that for their teams.

I'd put my money on Herbert being the new Rivers. Making mistakes at the worst times and losing games they should have won.

That was Herbert's MO in college, and he pretty much continued the trend as a rookie in the NFL.

TEX
05-06-2021, 11:38 AM
Well, they gave us a better game than Baltimore the last 2 meetings...

I think KC kills them with a healthy Mahomes the 2nd half. KC had the game in control with Mahomes.

TEX
05-06-2021, 11:42 AM
I'd put my money on Herbert being the new Rivers. Making mistakes at the worst times and losing games they should have won.

That was Herbert's MO in college, and he pretty much continued the trend as a rookie in the NFL.

Don't know about that. I think he'll be special. He was pretty darn good last season with no TC or anything. He got an emergency start week 2 and never looked back. He's the 2nd best QB in the division right now after only one season.

smithandrew051
I think KC kills them with a healthy Mahomes the 2nd half. KC had the game in control with Mahomes.

Once they’re forced to abandon the run, Baker would’ve pressed and thrown 3 picks

lawrenceRaider
ROFL

I wonder if this is because he liked all of the AFC West drafts except the Raiders.

ROFL

He absolutely LOVED the biggest bust in the history of NFL drafts in JaWallurus Russell.

Enough said.

lawrenceRaider
05-06-2021, 11:45 AM

No one is a real threat to a healthy KC team.

crispystl
05-06-2021, 02:46 PM
And losing Sammie will have no impact on that.

To see what our production would be like without him we can look back to 50% of the games played the last 3 years...

Even when he played he was still injured half the time and didn't produce shit.

pugsnotdrugs19
05-07-2021, 07:19 AM
We’d all probably agree that there is some level of need at DE, WR, and CB.

I think we get Mathieu extended to open up some cap space and potentially use that on a DE (Ingram?). I’d probably just sign Breeland to another 1-year deal since he’s familiar with the system.

WR is the spot I’m most comfortable with what we have, albeit still not a ton. Putting faith in one of these receivers not named Tyreek to make the most of an opportunity. Nate Taylor says the plan is for Noah Gray to give Kelce breathers here and there throughout the season so he is fresh for the final run, and we’ve got a guy who can do that for Tyreek too in Hardman.

I’m on the CEH bandwagon expecting him to just absolutely crush it this year behind the new OL and with another offseason under his belt. Just need to get our studs to the playoff finish line and there’s no reason KC shouldn’t be playing in February once again.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-07-2021, 08:52 AM

I think we get Mathieu extended to open up some cap space and potentially use that on a DE (Ingram?). I’d probably just sign Breeland to another 1-year deal since he’s familiar with the system.

WR is the spot I’m most comfortable with what we have, albeit still not a ton. Putting faith in one of these receivers not named Tyreek to make the most of an opportunity. Nate Taylor says the plan is for Noah Gray to give Kelce breathers here and there throughout the season so he is fresh for the final run, and we’ve got a guy who can do that for Tyreek too in Hardman.

I’m on the CEH bandwagon expecting him to just absolutely crush it this year behind the new OL and with another offseason under his belt. Just need to get our studs to the playoff finish line and there’s no reason KC shouldn’t be playing in February once again.

I pretty much agree. I'm fine with WR with the line we have, I'm even fine with CB, but adding Breeland on the skinny would be good. When you look at edge/DE, I don't think we are any worse than last year, and have potentially more upside, a cheap Ingram rental would be OK, but not needed. This offense is going back to 2018-2019 and if this defense treads water, or is slightly worse, we are most likely still playing in Feb.

poolboy
05-07-2021, 02:51 PM

Im pretty amazed that they havent addressed the CB position. Hopefully BV has some cards up his sleeve

JohnnyHammersticks
05-07-2021, 08:52 PM
The more Trey Smith video I watch, the more I'm amazed at how mean that gigantic dude plays. And that was before free-falling in the draft. He's gonna have a huge chip on his shoulder. Could turn out to be the steal of the entire draft.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-08-2021, 05:34 PM
Same with Creed, two great picks...

CoMoChief
05-08-2021, 05:56 PM
It would be unfair to the NFL if Mitchell Schwartz came back healthy/full strength etc.

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Long, Schwartz (<== best OL in the NFL)

Smith, Blythe, LDT as your backup IOL, Niang as the backup ST. (I'm not sold on Remmers...at all. After the SB I wanted his ass gone). Would be better off with Niang or Long at RT with Smith at RG if Long were to move outside.

TEX
05-09-2021, 07:36 AM
It would be unfair to the NFL if Mitchell Schwartz came back healthy/full strength etc.

Brown, Thuney, Creed, Long, Schwartz (<== best OL in the NFL)

Smith, Blythe, LDT as your backup IOL, Niang as the backup ST. (I'm not sold on Remmers...at all. After the SB I wanted his ass gone). Would be better off with Niang or Long at RT with Smith at RG if Long were to move outside.

I hate to say it, but if Schwartz is healthy, he may end up a Cheating Donk.

Mile High Mania
05-09-2021, 07:45 AM
I hate to say it, but if Schwartz is healthy, he may end up a Cheating Donk.

I would approve.

Renegade
05-09-2021, 08:11 AM
I would approve.

Of which part would you agree with-the Cheating donk part or getting Schwartz?

Mile High Mania
05-09-2021, 08:12 AM
Of which part would you agree with-the Cheating donk part or getting Schwartz?

It’s a good day, I’ll go with both...

RaidersOftheCellar
05-09-2021, 10:33 AM
Something called Touchdown Wire has the Chiefs ranked 6th in the NFL after the draft. Behind the Chargers, Bills and Ravens in the AFC. LOL

Skyy God
05-09-2021, 10:48 AM
Something called Touchdown Wire has the Chiefs ranked 6th in the NFL after the draft. Behind the Chargers, Bills and Ravens in the AFC. LOL

They’re no worse than 2nd to the Bucs.

KChiefs1
05-09-2021, 10:52 AM

ROFL

RealSNR
05-09-2021, 10:08 PM

“Our football scientists analyzed each roster with a complicated metric you dipshit readers can’t understand and assigned a score for those teams on paper most likely to generate buzz for our fledgling online football shithole that nobody has heard of. Here’s what the scores revealed...”

Skyy God
05-10-2021, 07:32 AM
Not the AFC, but the Bucs had the least injuries in the league last year.

They’re due for a regression.

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-10-2021, 08:39 AM

Makes no sense... We got considerably better in the offseason...

Rausch
05-10-2021, 08:43 AM
Im pretty amazed that they havent addressed the CB position. Hopefully BV has some cards up his sleeve

This offseason was the OLine overhaul - next offseason will be CB...

O.city
05-10-2021, 08:46 AM
In today's NFL, if you aren't Jalen Ramsey, I don't know the difference between a decent CB and a good one is much. The rules just don't allow you to be physical.

Build the front 7 and get adequate CB's.

Oxford
05-10-2021, 09:42 AM

It will be interesting to see how little playing time Mike Remmers gets in camp. I think he is the known quantity among Niang, Long and LDT. If he starts to get pre-season time, that means they have made their mind up on the others. I think Allegretti is in a better place than Remmers.

Skyy God
05-10-2021, 09:45 AM
It will be interesting to see how little playing time Mike Remmers gets in camp. I think he is the known quantity among Niang, Long and LDT. If he starts to get pre-season time, that means they have made their mind up on the others. I think Allegretti is in a better place than Remmers.

Remmers was guaranteed $3.3M.

He's the swing tackle at worst.

Skyy God
05-10-2021, 09:46 AM
This offseason was the OLine overhaul - next offseason will be <b>DL</b>...

FYP.

htismaqe
05-10-2021, 10:35 AM
In today's NFL, if you aren't Jalen Ramsey, I don't know the difference between a decent CB and a good one is much. The rules just don't allow you to be physical.

Build the front 7 and get adequate CB's.

Certainly you'd like better than adequate but they at least should be cheap.

In theory though, I agree. Draft your CB's, play them early, and then let them go if they're terrible or get too expensive. Draft some more and repeat the cycle.

O.city
05-10-2021, 10:46 AM
Certainly you'd like better than adequate but they at least should be cheap.

In theory though, I agree. Draft your CB's, play them early, and then let them go if they're terrible or get too expensive. Draft some more and repeat the cycle.

Exactly. Just keep doing what they've been doing. If your front 7 is legit, the back just needs to be smart and adequate.

Defense these days is more about having 11 guys who are atleast adequate and functional and play together. It's too hard to cover a huge hole.

KChiefs1
05-14-2021, 11:02 AM
AFC East: Unanimous for Bills to repeat

Buffalo made the AFC Championship Game last season, and the Bills are another of three unanimous picks to win their division in 2021. Being picked to finish 12-5 would be down a peg from 13-3 a year ago, but still in line for a first-round bye in the AFC playoffs. The Patriots, perhaps playing with a rookie quarterback in Alabama’s Mac Jones, finished behind the Dolphins, who will have quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in his second season after a 10-6 record last year. The Jets, despite a new coach in Robert Saleh, were picked to finish last in three of four ballots, perhaps a nod to playing a rookie quarterback in BYU’s Zach Wilson.

AFC North: Close call between Browns, Ravens

The only overall tie out of eight divisions is here in the AFC North, with Cleveland and Baltimore, both fresh off 11-5 seasons, expected to surpass the defending champion Steelers. Pittsburgh finished no higher than third on any ballot, behind the Bengals on one, while the Ravens and Browns evenly split the top two spots for all four voters.

Pittsburgh arguably has the most difficult schedule in the NFL, with 10 games against playoff teams from last season. And between the Ravens and Browns, an easier schedule could help Cleveland, which gets to face the Texans, Patriots and Cardinals on a third-place schedule, while Baltimore faces the Colts, Dolphins and Rams, considerably more difficult.

AFC South: Colts edge Titans for first

The Titans and Colts had matching 11-5 records last year and both lost in the wild-card round, but the Colts were picked as the team to beat with a strong supporting cast around new quarterback Carson Wentz. Tennessee is harder to peg, getting a first-place vote but also one third, with our Texans writer picking the shiny-new Jaguars to finish ahead of them.

The Texans, with lingering uncertainty surrounding their lone remaining star in quarterback Deshaun Watson, were one of two teams picked unanimously to finish last, along with the Lions.

AFC West: Chiefs unanimous to win again

Kansas City has been to back-to-back Super Bowls, and while they lost convincingly to the Bucs in Tampa, they’ve rebuilt their offensive line to better protect quarterback Patrick Mahomes. As such, they’re no surprise to be one of three teams picked as unanimous division champs, along with the Bills and Bucs.

The rest of the division is a blur, with the Chargers and second-year quarterback Justin Herbert getting the nod over the Broncos, who would have Teddy Bridgewater at quarterback if they aren’t able to wrangle Rodgers from the Packers. Denver got a second-place vote but also two last-place nods, while the Raiders finished no higher than third on any ballot.

TEX
05-14-2021, 11:18 AM

IMO, KC and Cleveland are better than all mentioned.

lawrenceRaider
05-14-2021, 11:22 AM
AFC East: Unanimous for Bills to repeat

Buffalo made the AFC Championship Game last season, and the Bills are another of three unanimous picks to win their division in 2021. Being picked to finish 12-5 would be down a peg from 13-3 a year ago, but still in line for a first-round bye in the AFC playoffs. The Patriots, perhaps playing with a rookie quarterback in Alabama’s Mac Jones, finished behind the Dolphins, who will have quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in his second season after a 10-6 record last year. The Jets, despite a new coach in Robert Saleh, were picked to finish last in three of four ballots, perhaps a nod to playing a rookie quarterback in BYU’s Zach Wilson.

AFC North: Close call between Browns, Ravens

The only overall tie out of eight divisions is here in the AFC North, with Cleveland and Baltimore, both fresh off 11-5 seasons, expected to surpass the defending champion Steelers. Pittsburgh finished no higher than third on any ballot, behind the Bengals on one, while the Ravens and Browns evenly split the top two spots for all four voters.

Pittsburgh arguably has the most difficult schedule in the NFL, with 10 games against playoff teams from last season. And between the Ravens and Browns, an easier schedule could help Cleveland, which gets to face the Texans, Patriots and Cardinals on a third-place schedule, while Baltimore faces the Colts, Dolphins and Rams, considerably more difficult.

AFC South: Colts edge Titans for first

The Titans and Colts had matching 11-5 records last year and both lost in the wild-card round, but the Colts were picked as the team to beat with a strong supporting cast around new quarterback Carson Wentz. Tennessee is harder to peg, getting a first-place vote but also one third, with our Texans writer picking the shiny-new Jaguars to finish ahead of them.

The Texans, with lingering uncertainty surrounding their lone remaining star in quarterback Deshaun Watson, were one of two teams picked unanimously to finish last, along with the Lions.

AFC West: Chiefs unanimous to win again

Kansas City has been to back-to-back Super Bowls, and while they lost convincingly to the Bucs in Tampa, they’ve rebuilt their offensive line to better protect quarterback Patrick Mahomes. As such, they’re no surprise to be one of three teams picked as unanimous division champs, along with the Bills and Bucs.

The rest of the division is a blur, with the Chargers and second-year quarterback Justin Herbert getting the nod over the Broncos, who would have Teddy Bridgewater at quarterback if they aren’t able to wrangle Rodgers from the Packers. Denver got a second-place vote but also two last-place nods, while the Raiders finished no higher than third on any ballot.

People way over valuing the Chargers as usual, and sleeping on the Raiders. Raiders will be 2nd in the AFCW.

RealSNR
05-14-2021, 12:12 PM
The Dolphins or the Patriots could knock off the Bills.

Josh Allen ain't perfect yet. Lamar had a let down season. Entirely possible for Allen to go back to being inconsistent. If that happens, the door is wide open.

TEX
05-14-2021, 12:28 PM
People way over valuing the Chargers as usual, and sleeping on the Raiders. Raiders will be 2nd in the AFCW.

Bet not. Bet the Chargers take 2nd. Raiders 3rd or 4th. Toss up between them and the Cheating Donx for last.

duncan_idaho
05-14-2021, 12:55 PM

LOL

No, they won't.

They just dismantled the one actual strength of the team (Power OL).

Ya'll are gonna suck.

Skyy God
05-14-2021, 01:08 PM
The Dolphins or the Patriots could knock off the Bills.

Josh Allen ain't perfect yet. Lamar had a let down season. Entirely possible for Allen to go back to being inconsistent. If that happens, the door is wide open.

Pats will probably be much more competitive.

Fins are likely to maintain or regress, unless Tua develops.

ThaVirus
05-14-2021, 03:09 PM
Pats will probably be much more competitive.

Fins are likely to maintain or regress, unless Tua develops.

I hope they suck, but I'd loooooove for them to beat Brady and the Bucs.

PHOG
05-14-2021, 05:02 PM

Faders MIGHT get the 2nd pick next draft. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
05-14-2021, 06:21 PM

I will be surprised if the Raiders win 4 games this season which fortunately for Raiders fans, will put them in a position to take one of the top QB's in the draft.

Unfortunately for Raiders fans, Mike Mayock and Jon Gruden will take the 17th rated QB at #2 overall.

smithandrew051
05-14-2021, 06:38 PM
Ya know, it’s easy to punch down at the Raiders.....

It’s fun too.

Halfcan
05-14-2021, 09:12 PM
Petro picked the Chargers to sweep us this year and his nutsucker guest all agreed. LOL

Eureka
05-14-2021, 11:17 PM
Ya know, it’s easy to punch down at the Raiders.....

It’s fun too.

Same could be said for the KC cheerleaders. But really who's looking at them.

KChiefs1
05-14-2021, 11:27 PM

If the Faid finish 2nd in the AFC West then the Chiefs win the division by 8 games.

KChiefs1
05-14-2021, 11:28 PM
Petro picked the Chargers to sweep us this year and his nutsucker guest all agreed. LOL

His show is worthless anymore.

smithandrew051
05-15-2021, 08:44 AM

Petro asked Teicher if Mahomes would ever play for another team. Both agreed he would at some point. They really don’t understand their audience.

lawrenceRaider
05-15-2021, 08:48 AM
If the Faid finish 2nd in the AFC West then the Chiefs win the division by 8 games.

Massive eyeroll gif.

Dream on.

MahomesMagic
05-15-2021, 08:55 AM
Petro asked Teicher if Mahomes would ever play for another team. Both agreed he would at some point. They really don’t understand their audience.

:banghead:

Halfcan
05-15-2021, 10:16 AM

I usually turn it off when both of them are on there at the same time. Too much negativity.

Topics like- What is the WORST case scenario for the Chiefs this year.

Petro says stuff like- "They did NOTHING to improve the defense, so I can see them missing the playoffs this year."

Teicher- "Yes, I agree."

:doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!:

smithandrew051
05-15-2021, 10:39 AM
I usually turn it off when both of them are on there at the same time. Too much negativity.

Topics like- What is the WORST case scenario for the Chiefs this year.

Petro says stuff like- "They did NOTHING to improve the defense, so I can see them missing the playoffs this year."

Teicher- "Yes, I agree."

:doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!:

I’m fine with realistic negativity, but their negativity isn’t even realistic.

Teicher said that the Chiefs deserve a B or B- for the draft IF you include Orlando Brown. Umm...adding a top 5 LT is an A all fucking day.

His only critique was Kaindoh...but apparently that drops us an entire letter grade.

Mecca
05-15-2021, 11:04 AM

His role is to literally play contrarian, that's all Petro does. The Chiefs like 610 more than 810 so 810 likes to take the piss out of them.

duncan_idaho
05-15-2021, 11:11 AM
His role is to literally play contrarian, that's all Petro does. The Chiefs like 610 more than 810 so 810 likes to take the piss out of them.

I don't mind people playing contrarian, but play contrarian with something that's reasonable and not obviously false.

Saying things such as the Chiefs haven't tried to improve the defense is borderline idiotic. They added a premium pass rushing DT who had double-digit sacks the last time he played on a DL with some talent, and spent their top draft pick on a LB who will be an upgrade from Damien Wilson Day 1 and let them play in less predictable nickel and dime sets.

Now, if you want to say they haven't done enough in the SECONDARY, OK. We can chat. There are counterpoints (FA not over; large inventory of players; etc.)

smithandrew051
05-15-2021, 11:39 AM
I don't mind people playing contrarian, but play contrarian with something that's reasonable and not obviously false.

Saying things such as the Chiefs haven't tried to improve the defense is borderline idiotic. They added a premium pass rushing DT who had double-digit sacks the last time he played on a DL with some talent, and spent their top draft pick on a LB who will be an upgrade from Damien Wilson Day 1 and let them play in less predictable nickel and dime sets.

Now, if you want to say they haven't done enough in the SECONDARY, OK. We can chat. There are counterpoints (FA not over; large inventory of players; etc.)

I don’t even think the secondary is an issue. Guys like Sneed, Thornhill, and Fenton will only get better. Bring Breeland back, as we’ve got everyone we had last year who mattered.

Besides, we allowed the 10th lowest passer rating last year despite registering the 14th fewest sacks in the league. Get a bit more pass rush with Reed and a second year of Wharton/Danna (maybe a consistent Clark???), and you’ll see the secondary look even better.

Deberg_1990
05-15-2021, 12:01 PM

Maybe? I mean, it’s not unusual. Think Montana, Manning, Brady, Favre...

smithandrew051
05-15-2021, 12:05 PM

It could absolutely happen, but that’s not my point.

We’re going into year 4 and he just signed a 10 year contract extension. Why is this even a topic on local radio right now?

There are plenty of other worthy topics to discuss.

RealSNR
05-15-2021, 12:10 PM

The point is that Mahomes is about to play his 5th NFL season, not his 15th.

Why even fucking ask that question? Or talk about it?

It's like asking, "Do you think Andy Reid will die before he hits 80 years old?"

Deberg_1990
05-15-2021, 12:19 PM
It could absolutely happen, but that’s not my point.

We’re going into year 4 and he just signed a 10 year contract extension. Why is this even a topic on local radio right now?

There are plenty of other worthy topics to discuss.

Gotcha.

That’s the problem with talk radio and the 24/7 news cycle. They have too much airtime to fill.

tredadda
05-15-2021, 12:23 PM
Same could be said for the KC cheerleaders. But really who's looking at them.

Not sure if that was intended to be an insult or not. We are all aware of our cheerleader "issues". We just usually try not to focus on them too much.

duncan_idaho
05-15-2021, 12:49 PM
I don’t even think the secondary is an issue. Guys like Sneed, Thornhill, and Fenton will only get better. Bring Breeland back, as we’ve got everyone we had last year who mattered.

Besides, we allowed the 10th lowest passer rating last year despite registering the 14th fewest sacks in the league. Get a bit more pass rush with Reed and a second year of Wharton/Danna (maybe a consistent Clark???), and you’ll see the secondary look even better.

Oh, I agree.

But you could take at least an arguable contrarian point by saying the secondary lost a key piece and likely won't play that well again, that they didn' reinforce the position.

Saying they didn't do anything to improve the defense is stupid.

Skyy God
05-15-2021, 12:55 PM
I wonder if the plan is to play Wharton inside and outside after adding Reed.

He’s 6’4” and was listed at 256 but played at a higher weight.