PDA

View Full Version : Life From a Chiefs Planet member...

digger
05-10-2021, 07:58 AM
A Chiefs Planet member ask me to post this on there behalf...

Hey Guys/Gals,

I miss all of you, these last few weeks have not been great for me. My sister died on Thursday last week of apparent drug overdose. She had struggled with drug addiction for years. She had no life insurance etc to help mitigate the financial burden she laid on my parents. To complicate matters she had two daughters (12 & 4 Years Old) that she respectively left behind. My two nieces have been raised their entire lives by my parents (After having 6 kids of their own). If you or anyone would be willing to just contribute or share this link out it could really help!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/brittany-cone-support-fund

Rausch
05-10-2021, 08:47 AM
Sorry to hear this man. Best wishes. And find those kids a professional to talk to...

htismaqe
05-10-2021, 11:05 AM
Rough.

Drugs are a blight on families. Seen way too much of this in my life.

The Franchise
05-10-2021, 11:09 AM
Just a question....not trying to pry.

It said that the father of the girls is over in Afghanistan? Is he not taking care of the kids? Or did I read that wrong?

luv
05-10-2021, 11:11 AM
Looks like they have some very caring family members. It takes a village, especially in this case. Sorry to see it, and I wish them well.

ClevelandBronco
05-10-2021, 12:32 PM
There's not always a bright clear line with "normal" partying on one side and full blown substance use disorder on the other. If that line were there, fewer would cross it.

For a variety of reasons, the road to recovery can be considerably more difficult for women than it is for men.

It's tragic that this woman couldn't find her way back before it was too late. I'm honored to be able to open my heart, my prayers and my wallet for the benefit of those little girls.

Rausch is absolutely correct. The kids need professional help. Hazelden Betty Ford has an excellent, FREE program for kids (up to 13 years old) of addicted parents. Larger cities have additional resources dedicated to counseling kids who have lost a family member.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2021, 01:09 PM
Horrible.

Tribal Warfare
05-10-2021, 02:54 PM
This will seem callous but this sounds a shitload like the Nigerian Prince scam

Skyy God
05-10-2021, 08:08 PM

It’s a thin obit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/kingwood-tx/brittany-cone-10186790

Easy 6
05-10-2021, 08:19 PM
Digger isn't posting fake news, just stop

TLO
05-10-2021, 08:21 PM

How so?

Tribal Warfare
05-10-2021, 08:26 PM
How so?

Scott and his wife Kristen raised 6 kids (2 sets of twins), and they unselfishly took in their two granddaughters when Brittany was not able to cope and provide proper care due to a lifelong substance abuse problem. Her husband was off in Afghanistan as a military contractor, so Scott & Kristen were the only path these girls had to a normal, consistent life, and they continue to be that only path today. They have been providing this care for over 10 years now, including fronting the costs of childcare and Brittany's substance abuse treatment.

Scott needs all of our help now, more than ever before.

As a community, let's come together and help this family build a brighter future for Addie and Alice. So please consider donating, however much you can.

If you read the page it follows like a scammer trying to appeal to someone's charitable side citing military duty and drug addiction, and child welfare.

Chief Roundup
05-10-2021, 08:37 PM
Just a question....not trying to pry.

It said that the father of the girls is over in Afghanistan? Is he not taking care of the kids? Or did I read that wrong?

This seems like a huge question. Military contractors make very good money. This would definitely qualify as a familial emergency that would allow him to come home and take care of this situation.