PDA

View Full Version : Football Jags Sign Tebow

ModSocks
05-10-2021, 12:21 PM
Jaguars signed TE Tim Tebow to a one-year contract.

The deal isn't 'official' just yet but will be in the next week or so. Tebow, 33, hasn't played in a regular-season game in nine years and will be attempting to change positions once he does make it to camp. It's another wacky (albeit fun) move that brings Meyer's tenure into question after the organization also added a first-round running back and drafted multiple injured players. There is no competition among Jacksonville's tight ends if Tebow does somehow sneak onto the 53-man roster.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football/nfl/teams/jac/jacksonville-jaguars

Buehler445
05-10-2021, 12:22 PM
LOL. Pretty much what everybody told him to do when he came out.

But I bet he doesn’t see the field and is a “locker room guy” ala vrable under pissoli.

Skyy God
05-10-2021, 12:23 PM
My buddy had Tebow and Dave Chapelle at his hotel at the same time.

Tebow was, by far, the larger PITA.

carcosa
05-10-2021, 12:27 PM
lmao

Red Dawg
05-10-2021, 12:27 PM
Money grab. He's old and they want to suddenly play a receiver role? Effing stupid as fuck.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2021, 12:29 PM
Sounds like ‘put butts in seats’ signing.

Mile High Mania
05-10-2021, 12:29 PM
Here we go... wait for it, the outcry about Kap will be loud.

Why Not?
05-10-2021, 12:31 PM

Was Kap trying a comeback as a TE?

Mile High Mania
05-10-2021, 12:32 PM
Was Kap trying a comeback as a TE?

No, but there will be something made of white privs I’m sure.

htismaqe
05-10-2021, 12:33 PM
Good for him.

ClevelandBronco
05-10-2021, 12:35 PM
No, but there will be something made of white privs I’m sure.

It hadn't occurred to me, but yeah. The victimhood industry should be on top of the situation in short order.

Sofa King
05-10-2021, 12:37 PM

You're not wrong.

AdolfOliverBush
05-10-2021, 12:38 PM
The worst NFL QB I've ever seen. Made Cassel look like Dan Marino.

Kman34
05-10-2021, 12:40 PM
The dumbass could have been in the league this whole time if he hadn’t insisted on playing QB.. Whats different now Tim?? $$$$

KCUnited
05-10-2021, 12:43 PM
NFL back to being good with guys kneeling

Deberg_1990
05-10-2021, 12:47 PM
The dumbass could have been in the league this whole time if he hadn’t insisted on playing QB.. Whats different now Tim?? $$$$

I remember one of the games against the Chiefs where he missed every pass he attempted. Except 2 passes to Eric Decker which beat us.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2021, 01:03 PM
Kelce or Tebow?

Mile High Mania
05-10-2021, 01:13 PM
I remember one of the games against the Chiefs where he missed every pass he attempted. Except 2 passes to Eric Decker which beat us.

His games in Denver were frustratingly mind numbing.

ChiefsCountry
05-10-2021, 01:15 PM
Well it takes away a bunch of the media off of Trevor Lawrence that is for sure.

Dunerdr
05-10-2021, 01:16 PM

Fuck i was at that shit show. Somehow we lost to a guy who was like 2/17 and 120 yards passing.

lawrenceRaider
05-10-2021, 01:21 PM

Tebow somehow still managed to win a playoff game. Which really doesn't compute.

FloridaMan88
05-10-2021, 01:24 PM
Urban Meyer is looking more and more like the next Steve Spurrier-type college to NFL failure.

Even the presence of Trevor Lawrence won’t prevent it.

gblowfish
05-10-2021, 01:26 PM
TebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebowTebow

TwistedChief
05-10-2021, 01:26 PM
I'm a University of Florida fan and a New York Mets fan.

I'll never understand people's real dislike for the guy. He was an amazing college QB who was never going to amount to anything in the NFL in that position but stuck to his guns to try to live out his dream. He eventually pivoted to baseball after years of not playing and developed into a serviceable minor leaguer.

He probably sees an opportunity to get one last chance to play in the NFL with his college head coach. Why not go for it?

If the guy were all about the money, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have spent the last several years riding the bus as a minor league baseball player in his spare time.

FloridaMan88
05-10-2021, 01:27 PM

I'll never understand people's real dislike for the guy. He was an amazing college QB who was never going to amount to anything in the NFL in that position but stuck to his guns to try to live out his dream. He eventually pivoted to baseball after years of not playing and developed into a serviceable minor leaguer.

He probably sees an opportunity to get one last chance to play in the NFL with his college head coach. Why not go for it?

If the guy were all about the money, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have spent the last several years riding the bus as a minor league baseball player in his spare time.

The fact that Teblow (and many in the media) portray him as Jesus Christ tends to rub people the wrong way.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2021, 01:28 PM
**** i was at that shit show. Somehow we lost to a guy who was like 2/17 and 120 yards passing.

I think this was the game?

Says he was 2 of 8 for 69 yards. 56 of that on 1 pass to Decker which won the game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201111130kan.htm

AdolfOliverBush
05-10-2021, 01:28 PM
Tebow somehow still managed to win a playoff game. Which really doesn't compute.

Thanks to one prayer of a pass, and a Pittsburgh secondary caught in mid-circlejerk at the worst possible moment.

FloridaMan88
05-10-2021, 01:29 PM

Same # of playoff wins as Lamar Jackson.

TwistedChief
05-10-2021, 01:29 PM
The fact that Teblow (and many in the media) portray him as Jesus Christ tends to rub people the wrong way.

Because he proudly wears his religion on his sleeve.

I detest religion but even I can see the guy is at least genuine about it.

Mennonite
05-10-2021, 01:31 PM
I'll never understand people's real dislike for the guy.

You ever notice how on football forums there is always one guy who is rabid fan of the fourth string rb and wants to argue with everyone on the board that the team would win the SB if only Johnny ****stick got the ball more? Well, imagine if that player had 30 million fans just like that.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2021, 01:49 PM
This move should put the Jaguars over the top

FloridaMan88
05-10-2021, 01:49 PM
Because he proudly wears his religion on his sleeve.

I detest religion but even I can see the guy is at least genuine about it.

Plenty of players are openly religious, but Teblow portrays himself as the savior, Jesus Christ.

MahomesMagic
05-10-2021, 01:51 PM
Jaguars are going to be garbage. Why not try another gimmick?

Gary Cooper
05-10-2021, 01:53 PM
Has any player had a longer absence from the league and returned? Let alone a different position. It would be a miracle.

ChiefsCountry
05-10-2021, 01:54 PM
This move should put the Jaguars over the top

selling tickets.

Finished your sentence for you Dane.

ModSocks
05-10-2021, 01:55 PM
Jaguars just wanted their own in house prayer guy instead of having to outsource prayers from the local pastor.

htismaqe
05-10-2021, 01:57 PM
Jaguars just wanted their own in house prayer guy instead of having to outsource prayers from the local pastor.

Well to be fair, they haven't been the same since Jack Easterby left town. ROFL

rabblerouser
05-10-2021, 01:57 PM
Jags sign JAG to sell tix, jerseys...

ChiefsCountry
05-10-2021, 02:04 PM
Paul Finebaum Show has been interesting today. Tebow brings them out of the wood work.

rabblerouser
05-10-2021, 02:12 PM

I know, that was terrible.

But not as bad as Pittsburgh getting beat by one overtime Tebow completion...in the ****ing PLAYOFFS.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/3dcfc2062e10e24e98b24a0963586723/tenor.gif?itemid=13133518

AdolfOliverBush
05-10-2021, 02:12 PM
Has any player had a longer absence from the league and returned? Let alone a different position. It would be a miracle.

Add in the fact that he's gay, and it would be quite a story. LMAO

rabblerouser
05-10-2021, 02:14 PM
Add in the fact that he's gay, and it would be quite a story. LMAO

Ah, so THAT'S why Trim Treebow roomed with Aaron Hernandez for the road games...

Mile High Mania
05-10-2021, 02:34 PM
I know, that was terrible.

But not as bad as Pittsburgh getting beat by one overtime Tebow completion...in the ****ing PLAYOFFS.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/3dcfc2062e10e24e98b24a0963586723/tenor.gif?itemid=13133518

The one game that Tebow didn't look outright terrible. Still only completed 10 passes... I think listening to the crew review the highlights was the best part.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Idx5wsH6Fys" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish
05-10-2021, 02:37 PM
LOL, Jags are dumb.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-10-2021, 03:02 PM
QB1

Sorry
05-10-2021, 03:03 PM
I like the entertainment factor lol he’s prob gonna get cut before season starts but I wanna see him try to truck a DB

JohnnyV13
05-10-2021, 03:04 PM
I like the entertainment factor lol he’s prob gonna get cut before season starts but I wanna see him try to truck a DB

They will probably have gadget plays where Tebow throws. TE pass will become a thing.

smithandrew051
05-10-2021, 03:07 PM
I’d have more fun laughing at how bad Tebow was if the Chiefs weren’t somehow worse during the same time.

I also like that Tebow has won the AFC West more recently than Philip Rivers.

ClevelandBronco
05-10-2021, 03:32 PM
They will probably have gadget plays where Tebow throws. TE pass will become a thing.

“... you take the lateral and as the unblocked QB breaks free on the left side, you launch the pass and hit him squarely in the ankles.”

That sort of gadget play?

Mile High Mania
05-10-2021, 03:41 PM
I’d have more fun laughing at how bad Tebow was if the Chiefs weren’t somehow worse during the same time.

Ah yes, the glorious 2011 season when 8-8 earned you first place in the AFCW

ClevelandBronco
05-10-2021, 03:46 PM
And then there was the time when Tebow hurt himself throwing a pass five yards over the head of a wide open receiver who was three yards downfield. After a close review of the tape, it was designated as a non-football injury.

Otter
05-10-2021, 03:47 PM
This is a "put asses in the seats" sign. He will get a couple gadget plays and that would be about it I'm guessing.

Easy 6
05-10-2021, 04:08 PM
Had he taken the Patriots (iirc?) offer to try out for TE way back when, he might've actually made something of himself in that spot

Instead he stuck to his ignorant "I'm a QB", and now he's just too damn old to learn a new position and have any kind of success with it

Too late, Tim

Bump
05-10-2021, 05:07 PM
Tebow is a good guy, I doubt he would make the team but would be cool if he did. I don't know why, but I always wanted to see him play. He even won a playoff game with Denver for goodness sakes. He would be called crazy by a lot of people now though

Bwana
05-10-2021, 05:18 PM

Fuck Kap.

Easy 6
05-10-2021, 05:20 PM
Tebow is a good guy, I doubt he would make the team but would be cool if he did. I don't know why, but I always wanted to see him play. He even won a playoff game with Denver for goodness sakes. He would be called crazy by a lot of people now though

I agree he's a good guy, thought he should've jumped at the chance NE offered back then... he was just the kind of big, athletic, intelligent guy who likely could've been a dynamic TE

But now at 33? well ok, we'll see lol...

Coochie liquor
05-10-2021, 06:03 PM

He’s connected bruh. How else would you explain the 3:16 game?

Mile High Mania
05-11-2021, 06:44 AM
This is a "put asses in the seats" sign. He will get a couple gadget plays and that would be about it I'm guessing.

No question about it... sure has generated a lot of butthurt though.

Sofa King
05-11-2021, 07:07 AM
The Kap shit is all over right now. People doing exactly as predicted.

Hoover
05-11-2021, 07:25 AM
I don't know why, but I think Tebow works at TE. Jacksonville doesn't have shit at the position, their most experienced guy is James O'Shaughnessy. It's laughable. Tebow is not coming in and going to become Travis Kelce. He'' he's not going to be a Hayden Hurst either. But can he come in and give you more than James O'Shaughnessy? Yes.

Skyy God
05-11-2021, 07:36 AM

Ignoring the backlash from vastly unearned media attention angle, the reason I don’t like him is because he seems like a bit of a showboat.

He should have transitioned to TE like 1-2 years into his NFL, if not immediately. But he wanted to play QB and flamed out. He then embarked on a effort-filled but quixotic quest to mold himself into a MLB player.

In short, he seems like an attention seeking dumbass.

Buehler445
05-11-2021, 07:42 AM

I'm self aware enough to know I hate the media not Tebow.

DJJasonp
05-11-2021, 07:47 AM

He obviously infuriates the anti-religion folks. It's funny how some have said "the media props him up....", but I would venture a guess to say he gets more attacking media than propping media (again, the anti-religion folks).

I'm not a super-religious guy by any means, but I do find it ironic that Tebow rubs people the wrong way for that, but yet prefer to cheer on the Rae Carruths, Ray Lewises, Rothlesbergers, and Lawrence Phillipses of the world each sunday who've done some pretty shitty things in their life.

htismaqe
05-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Ignoring the backlash from vastly unearned media attention angle, the reason I don’t like him is because he seems like a bit of a showboat.

He should have transitioned to TE like 1-2 years into his NFL, if not immediately. But he wanted to play QB and flamed out. He then embarked on a effort-filled but quixotic quest to mold himself into a MLB player.

In short, he seems like an attention seeking dumbass.

Unearned media attention?

The guy was arguably one of the best college FB players of all time.

rabblerouser
05-11-2021, 07:53 AM

Treebow also won a playoff game more recently than Rivers, iirc. Rivers hasn't won since the 2007 postseason??

AdolfOliverBush
05-11-2021, 08:01 AM

He was also one of the worst NFL starting QBs of all time, but seemed to get extra leeway because he was all Jesus-y.

KCUnited
05-11-2021, 08:05 AM
I haven't kept up since he's been out of the league. Is he still a virgin?

IowaHawkeyeChief
05-11-2021, 08:07 AM

Did you watch the Tyler Palko start?

crispystl
05-11-2021, 08:12 AM

Nah Palko was worse.

crispystl
05-11-2021, 08:15 AM

Damn beat me to it!

htismaqe
05-11-2021, 08:22 AM
He was also one of the worst NFL starting QBs of all time, but seemed to get extra leeway because he was all Jesus-y.

ROFL

That had absolutely nothing to do with it.

AdolfOliverBush
05-11-2021, 08:36 AM
ROFL

That had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Leeway from fans, not NFL front offices. He has a weird "fan club" to this day, and it isn't just because he was good in college.

AdolfOliverBush
05-11-2021, 08:40 AM

He started due to injury, correct?

oldman
05-11-2021, 08:41 AM
Let's see -- college standout that never lived up to the hype in the NFL, so he takes his cash and heads off for a baseball gig. Plays 4 seasons of mostly low level minor league ball, career BA of .222. Sure, place your bet on the Jags being SB champs today.

Buehler445
05-11-2021, 08:44 AM

I mean you could technically say that, but the truth of the matter is that he started because Haley was giving a giant hairy middle finger to Pioli.

tredadda
05-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Thanks to one prayer of a pass, and a Pittsburgh secondary caught in mid-circlejerk at the worst possible moment.

Regardless, we never had things go that way for us pre Mahomes.

Red Dawg
05-11-2021, 09:29 AM
Tebow is not NFL talent. He just isn't and he's only being brought in to be a locker room guy.

Willie Lanier
05-11-2021, 09:33 AM
I'm self aware enough to know I hate the media not Tebow.

Extremely well put; I think Tebow is a great guy and a model citizen.

The fact that any time his name comes up in any capacity the media starts drooling regarding ratings just gets old very quickly.

I actually feel bad for the kid because he's just such a media cash cow and it's really not his fault.

It does however get annoying when he's projected to be a potential backup tight end flooding every medium in sports reporting

tredadda
05-11-2021, 09:34 AM

He started because Haley, who was all but asking to get fired gave the big FU to Pioli by starting him since Pioli was obsessed with Cassel and refused to actually bring in competition for him.

CoMoChief
05-11-2021, 09:56 AM
Maybe did this for ticket sales.

Tebow is a legend in that area.

Skyy God
05-11-2021, 10:03 AM
I haven't kept up since he's been out of the league. Is he still a virgin?

Apparently not.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/01/21/looks-like-tim-tebow-has-finally-had-the-sex#:~:text=Tim%20Tebow%2C%20a%20former%20University,in%20front%20of%20260%20guests.

Skyy God
05-11-2021, 10:04 AM

Which doesn't warrant a decade of fawning media attention.

Deberg_1990
05-11-2021, 10:10 AM
Apparently not.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/01/21/looks-like-tim-tebow-has-finally-had-the-sex#:~:text=Tim%20Tebow%2C%20a%20former%20University,in%20front%20of%20260%20guests.

I have my doubts he waited until he 32.

Skyy God
05-11-2021, 10:14 AM

As should any person with a functioning frontal cortex.

Skyy God
05-11-2021, 10:14 AM
Maybe did this for ticket sales.

Tebow is a legend in that area.

Maybe??

htismaqe
05-11-2021, 10:15 AM
Which doesn't warrant a decade of fawning media attention.

ROFL

I haven't seen ANYTHING about him on the media.

Seems the ones making a story out of this are the people that can't stand his beliefs.

I've never seen a bunch of people that are so insecure about something they consider a "myth".

KCUnited
05-11-2021, 10:17 AM

Hopefully Al Michaels can help us get to the bottom of it during a Sunday Night Football pregame

Mennonite
05-11-2021, 10:23 AM
ROFL

First thing I heard when I turned on the radio this morning was the local radio guy talking about this and segueing into something about "Kap wants to be a martyr and not a football player."

RealSNR
05-11-2021, 10:25 AM
London will love him

Skyy God
05-11-2021, 10:25 AM
ROFL

Seems the ones making a story out of this are the people that can't stand his beliefs.

I've never seen a bunch of people that are so insecure about something they consider a "myth".

Did he get deserved mediation attention or did they ignore him?

Pick a lane.

ModSocks
05-11-2021, 10:31 AM
ROFL

I think it's more that some people just can't tolerate a "Goody Two-Shoes" or a "Teacher's Pet".

That personality type has always conflicted with other personality types. It rubs people the wrong way. That's always been a thing since grade school even.

chiefzilla1501
05-11-2021, 10:35 AM
I know people love to hate him. How could you not with the ridiculous espn hype years ago. But I can't help but root for the guy. The guy flat out loves football. He is the definition of an all world football guy put in the wrong body I still remember watching him mic'd up in Denver managing the huddle during a comeback win. The dude is off the charts in leadership.

His baseball stint reminds me of Jordan. Just an average baseball player that worked his ass off to an elite level to become respectable.

Even if it's just a PR stunt I hope he does well.

Skyy God
05-11-2021, 10:41 AM
I know people love to hate him. How could you not with the ridiculous espn hype years ago. But I can't help but root for the guy. The guy flat out loves football. He is the definition of an all world football guy put in the wrong body I still remember watching him mic'd up in Denver managing the huddle during a comeback win. The dude is off the charts in leadership.

His baseball stint reminds me of Jordan. Just an average baseball player that worked his ass off to an elite level to become respectable.

Even if it's just a PR stunt I hope he does well.

He loves football so much he refused to move to a more natural position and then idiotically attempted to play a different sport?

GTFO.

DJJasonp
05-11-2021, 10:51 AM
I think it's more that some people just can't tolerate a "Goody Two-Shoes" or a "Teacher's Pet".

That personality type has always conflicted with other personality types. It rubs people the wrong way. That's always been a thing since grade school even.

Yep.

People tear down "too bad", and tear down "too good".

I think some people have problems admitting their might actually be good people in the world, and therefore, want them to fail.

staylor26
05-11-2021, 10:56 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">����Tebow got a job before kaepernick. Wait til we play Jacksonville��������</p>&mdash; Devin Bush ll (@_Dbush11) <a href="https://twitter.com/_Dbush11/status/1392137262431932416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And if you a fan talking that ��. Go get a helmet and some pads I’ll do you dirty @ yo local park������.</p>&mdash; Devin Bush ll (@_Dbush11) <a href="https://twitter.com/_Dbush11/status/1392140296893382659?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:rolleyes:

alpha_omega
05-11-2021, 11:11 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">����Tebow got a job before kaepernick. Wait til we play Jacksonville��������</p>&mdash; Devin Bush ll (@_Dbush11) <a href="https://twitter.com/_Dbush11/status/1392137262431932416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Twitter translator please.
He's gonna sleep when they play JAX?

RealSNR
05-11-2021, 11:22 AM
ROFL

It wasn't about his religion. Maybe some people liked him for his religion, but I think most were just taken by how intense he was playing college football and wanted to believe that intensity/grit/determination blah blah blah would win the day. There were enough of them that they were quite vocal.

An equal number of football fans were like, "Lol nah brah he's not an NFL QB GTFO." That only encouraged and hyped up the believers. You had one or two guys in the media like Skip Bayless who talked about him nonstop, and when networks saw how polarizing that was, they capitalized. The NFL got in on it, and before you knew it, Tebow was all anybody talked about when he was the starting QB in Denver. Supporters said, "Look, he's winning games! See!!?" and detractors said, "He has a career 45% completion percentage! See!!?" Both sides thought they were right and were adamant the other side was wrong.

Religion had very little to do with it. It may have started things off, but it wasn't significant in turning the Tebow thing into an enormous dumpster fire that held the NFL hostage for a year or so.

staylor26
05-11-2021, 11:29 AM
Twitter translator please.
He's gonna sleep when they play JAX?

Translation: Steelers LB Devin Bush is going to try and hurt Tebow when they play Jacksonville because he got a job before Kaepernick.

RealSNR
05-11-2021, 11:29 AM
I'm not going to be surprised if Thkkyyyyiup says on his show today that he still believes in Tebow because "his heart, courage, work ethic are unlike anything I've ever seen.... you're a fool if you count this man out because he will make you pay.... blah blah blah blah"

That's why people hate on Tebow. Because it's not just media. There are legit NFL fans who believe that crap.

alpha_omega
05-11-2021, 11:33 AM
Translation: Steelers LB Devin Bush is going to try and hurt Tebow when they play Jacksonville because he got a job before Kaepernick.

That's kinda what it sounded like, but the Zzzs confused me.

ModSocks
05-11-2021, 11:34 AM

That whole team is full of assholes and dumbasses.

RealSNR
05-11-2021, 11:42 AM
If you all want to waste your time, here's a little blog from 2014 when the Patriots cut Tebow and nobody was giving him another chance after that. At first I thought this was satire. Nope. The writer is actually serious. He never turns the joke over because there is no joke. He actually believes Tebow was slighted by the NFL and that all of his numbers adequately back up why he should have been starting somewhere.

This is why people like me unfortunately hated Tim Tebow. Because these kinds of fire-breathing morons were EVERYWHERE from the moment he got drafted to after Denver traded him. Actually, I don't remember if they traded him. I think they did, but it's possible they straight up cut him

https://thelacesout.com/why-no-one-in-the-nfl-wants-tim-tebow-26d93b674ab5

RealSNR
05-11-2021, 11:43 AM
That's kinda what it sounded like, but the Zzzs confused me.

That's what I'm wondering too

staylor26
05-11-2021, 11:44 AM
That's what I'm wondering too

Maybe he’s implying that he’s going to knock Tebow the fuck out when he hits him? Only thing that makes sense to me :shrug:

Mile High Mania
05-11-2021, 01:00 PM
If you all want to waste your time, here's a little blog from 2014 when the Patriots cut Tebow and nobody was giving him another chance after that. At first I thought this was satire. Nope. The writer is actually serious. He never turns the joke over because there is no joke. He actually believes Tebow was slighted by the NFL and that all of his numbers adequately back up why he should have been starting somewhere.

This is why people like me unfortunately hated Tim Tebow. Because these kinds of fire-breathing morons were EVERYWHERE from the moment he got drafted to after Denver traded him. Actually, I don't remember if they traded him. I think they did, but it's possible they straight up cut him

https://thelacesout.com/why-no-one-in-the-nfl-wants-tim-tebow-26d93b674ab5

They traded him to the Jets for a 4th, 6th and they paid half his money I think.

htismaqe
05-11-2021, 01:20 PM
Did he get deserved mediation attention or did they ignore him?

Pick a lane.

He got a ton of media attention like 10 years ago.

To date, I've seen one small snippet on NFL.com, re-posted from the Jags website, and a back-page story on ESPN.

This is a non-story and it's absolutely hilarious to see the reactions.

htismaqe
05-11-2021, 01:20 PM

I would suggest those people maybe research Tim Tebow a little more and stop listening to the fucking media.

There's absolutely NOTHING about Tim Tebow that is a "goodie two shoes" or teacher's pet. Nothing.

htismaqe
05-11-2021, 01:22 PM
It wasn't about his religion. Maybe some people liked him for his religion, but I think most were just taken by how intense he was playing college football and wanted to believe that intensity/grit/determination blah blah blah would win the day. There were enough of them that they were quite vocal.

An equal number of football fans were like, "Lol nah brah he's not an NFL QB GTFO." That only encouraged and hyped up the believers. You had one or two guys in the media like Skip Bayless who talked about him nonstop, and when networks saw how polarizing that was, they capitalized. The NFL got in on it, and before you knew it, Tebow was all anybody talked about when he was the starting QB in Denver. Supporters said, "Look, he's winning games! See!!?" and detractors said, "He has a career 45% completion percentage! See!!?" Both sides thought they were right and were adamant the other side was wrong.

Religion had very little to do with it. It may have started things off, but it wasn't significant in turning the Tebow thing into an enormous dumpster fire that held the NFL hostage for a year or so.

Dude, he played football a DECADE ago

Of course that was the discussion THEN.

It's not the discussion now and you can't pretend otherwise.

chiefzilla1501
05-11-2021, 01:45 PM
He loves football so much he refused to move to a more natural position and then idiotically attempted to play a different sport?

GTFO.

It is a totally different position. A qb not wanting to try tight end doesn't mean he loves football any less. And there was nothing idiotic about attempting to play a different sport. He gave up a shitload of money in broadcasting to prove he could play baseball and he did admirably well.

I have no reason to root for the guy but I can't deny that the dude is all heart and competitive as hell.

rabblerouser
05-11-2021, 02:20 PM

I was at the Sunday Night game where Palko almost beat the Steelers...

Marco Polo
05-11-2021, 02:54 PM
I know from second hand that he wasn't a leader in the locker room in Denver and didn't earn much respect there. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in Jacksonville.

AdolfOliverBush
05-11-2021, 03:02 PM
I know from second hand that he wasn't a leader in the locker room in Denver and didn't earn much respect there. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in Jacksonville.

I'm guessing it's hard to be a leader in an NFL locker room when you're a QB who throws the ball like Helen Keller in the middle of an orgasm.

Skyy God
05-11-2021, 03:27 PM
I'm guessing it's hard to be a leader in an NFL locker room when you're a QB who throws the ball like Helen Keller in the middle of an orgasm.

Man, I hope the Broncos keep Elway until he dies of cirrhosis of the liver.

RealSNR
05-11-2021, 04:07 PM
Dude, he played football a DECADE ago

Of course that was the discussion THEN.

It's not the discussion now and you can't pretend otherwise.

How many times do you hear a player interview, and the guy says, "First of all, I want to thank the Lord Jesus Christ"

Every friggin athlete loves Jesus. Some more than others. I refuse to believe Tebow was the one Jesus-loving athlete that people decided to be annoyed by.

Reggie White. Drew Brees. Kurt Warner. All high-profile NFL guys who were extremely vocal about their faith. What's the difference between them and Tebow? Oh yeah. Talent. They're all HOFers or future HOFers. Nobody ever had to explain to people that Reggie White was great when it was plain that he sucked... and that's because Reggie White was FAR from a sucky player.

Again, it was never his religion. It was people shoving him down our throats saying, "Watch this, he's great!" Maybe those people thought he'd be great because they shared his faith. But as for the anti-Tebow crowd, most of them didn't give a shit.

If you think I'm misremembering events, you're welcome to explain why he's the Christian athlete that everybody hates because of his faith.

Valiant
05-11-2021, 05:54 PM
If I remember correctly. Tebow got jettisoned from the league because he refused to switch positions.

Kaep had offers from a couple teams to qb, backup. But refused because of money and not starting. He also refused to switch positions.
I don't see why people keep calling it unfair. Kaep could get on a team if he became a team player. It seems like Tebow swallowed his pride.

Hell he will probably be cut before regular season.

Mile High Mania
05-11-2021, 06:02 PM
If I remember correctly. Tebow got jettisoned from the league because he refused to switch positions.

Kaep had offers from a couple teams to qb, backup. But refused because of money and not starting. He also refused to switch positions.
I don't see why people keep calling it unfair. Kaep could get on a team if he became a team player. It seems like Tebow swallowed his pride.

Hell he will probably be cut before regular season.

The only reason they are signing Tebow... merch and free hype. They lose nothing by signing a 33 year old Florida legend to get hype, sell merch and compete for a backup role in that offseason. Maybe he makes the team, who knows.

Kaep... didn't he supposedly receive an offer for $7M a year to compete (like @ PHI or something, hell I think DEN made him an offer) and he said no because was a starter? Something like that... he made his play, stood his ground... shit happens.

*** edit***
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2791321-john-elway-colin-kaepernick-had-his-chance-to-be-here-was-offered-contract#:~:text=Denver%20Broncos-,John%20Elway%3A%20Colin%20Kaepernick%20'Had%20His%20Chance%20to,Be%20Here%2C'%20Was%20Offered%20Con tract&text=general%20manager%20said%20Thursday%20that,We%20offered%20him%20a%20contract.%22

$7M over 2 seasons ... offered by Denver

This link reads that is was $7M per season... https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/source-kap-not-willing-take-broncos-current-pay-cut-offer

tredadda
05-11-2021, 06:32 PM
If Tebow had signed to play QB then the Kaep people would have something because as awful as Kaep is as a QB, he's still a better one than Tebow. Tebow signed as a TE so it's hard to compare this to Kaep. It's apples and oranges.

RealSNR
05-11-2021, 07:47 PM
Ok, I couldn't resist. This is hilarious LMAO

Thkyyyyiiiiiupp!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3f8KuEjmJsU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perineum Ripper
05-11-2021, 07:54 PM
It is a totally different position. A qb not wanting to try tight end doesn't mean he loves football any less. And there was nothing idiotic about attempting to play a different sport. He gave up a shitload of money in broadcasting to prove he could play baseball and he did admirably well.

I have no reason to root for the guy but I can't deny that the dude is all heart and competitive as hell.

He did not do admirably well in his minor league career, it was below average at best.

Eureka
05-11-2021, 08:05 PM
I hope Tebow does well. I think he will help the teams with goal line runs and reverses. He can also be a decoy. Prove the doubters wrong Tebow. It's what he's good at.

I remember the NFL highlights vs the Chiefs where Tebow completed 2 passes. Deion Sanders says "I was 2-7....in baseball". Tebow still won the game. That's got to be record.

chiefzilla1501
05-11-2021, 08:25 PM
He did not do admirably well in his minor league career, it was below average at best.

He is not a baseball player. He barely played it the few years before he jumped in. It is not close to his best sport. He wasn't great but he wasn't bad. And that is very admirable.

Jordan wasn't a good baseball player either. But by the time he left the sport he was actually serviceable. That's a hell of an achievement. We're not talking bo Jackson or deion here who had natural talent and experience in the sport.

Perineum Ripper
05-11-2021, 08:37 PM
He is not a baseball player. He barely played it the few years before he jumped in. It is not close to his best sport. He wasn't great but he wasn't bad. And that is very admirable.

Jordan wasn't a good baseball player either. But by the time he left the sport he was actually serviceable. That's a hell of an achievement. We're not talking bo Jackson or deion here who had natural talent and experience in the sport.

He was bad, he had one half way ok year out of 4, the other 3 were bad.

Jordan played one year of minor league ball and was shit the entire time, he wasn’t serviceable at all.

chiefzilla1501
05-11-2021, 09:04 PM
He was bad, he had one half way ok year out of 4, the other 3 were bad.

Jordan played one year of minor league ball and was shit the entire time, he wasn’t serviceable at all.

Jordan finished his career hitting. 250 in the Arizona fall league. Tebow hit .273 in AA. Again these are not natural baseball players. These are athletes from other sports who wanted to prove they can play a different sport. What are you expecting from players who took 5 - 10 years off of baseball then decided to play with some of the world's best? You're not comparing them to major leaguers are you? Of course they aren't but who in the world expected them to be?

Red Dawg
05-12-2021, 07:42 AM
Urban Meyer is already fucking up. This like when Steve Spurrier signed a bunch of his old gator players during his Washington days.

Lot of reports out there that the players are not happy with this and they should be pissed. No way they don't cut him during camp.

jettio
05-12-2021, 09:11 AM
If no player or front office person in Jacksonville will put their name on this supposed gripe, then it is just another example of a non-story taking up time on sports talk programs.

There are 32 NFL teams and teams can have 90 players when training camp starts and for a couple weeks into training camp.

That is 2,880 players.

If Tebow is being evaluated fairly when he is practicing, then this is nothing but a bunch of nonsense being talked about.

jettio
05-12-2021, 09:16 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And if you a fan talking that ��. Go get a helmet and some pads I’ll do you dirty @ yo local park������.</p>&mdash; Devin Bush ll (@_Dbush11) <a href="https://twitter.com/_Dbush11/status/1392140296893382659?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:rolleyes:

Does Bush play for the same Pittsburgh Steelers that signed Dewayne Haskins and never signed Colin Kaepernick?

How stupid do you have to be to not realize that your own NFL team did not do the thing you are blaming Jacksonville for?

morphius
05-12-2021, 09:39 AM
Does Bush play for the same Pittsburgh Steelers that signed Dewayne Haskins and never signed Colin Kaepernick?

How stupid do you have to be to not realize that your own NFL team did not do the thing you are blaming Jacksonville for?

It is even more stupid, K has shown very little that he really wants to work his way back into the league, screwed up his NFL tryout, refused to play in minor league because he wanted to be paid too much, etc, etc. Getting paid as the victim is worth so much more for him anyway.

chiefzilla1501
05-12-2021, 09:45 AM
It is even more stupid, K has shown very little that he really wants to work his way back into the league, screwed up his NFL tryout, refused to play in minor league because he wanted to be paid too much, etc, etc. Getting paid as the victim is worth so much more for him anyway.

Yeah, I think Kaepernick has made more of a killing not playing than playing. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be on some team if he was just willing to take a backup contract. I dont think he cares if he plays or not. Tebow actually wants to play. It's a dumb move by the jags but id love to see him do well.

htismaqe
05-12-2021, 09:57 AM
How many times do you hear a player interview, and the guy says, "First of all, I want to thank the Lord Jesus Christ"

Every friggin athlete loves Jesus. Some more than others. I refuse to believe Tebow was the one Jesus-loving athlete that people decided to be annoyed by.

Reggie White. Drew Brees. Kurt Warner. All high-profile NFL guys who were extremely vocal about their faith. What's the difference between them and Tebow? Oh yeah. Talent. They're all HOFers or future HOFers. Nobody ever had to explain to people that Reggie White was great when it was plain that he sucked... and that's because Reggie White was FAR from a sucky player.

Again, it was never his religion. It was people shoving him down our throats saying, "Watch this, he's great!" Maybe those people thought he'd be great because they shared his faith. But as for the anti-Tebow crowd, most of them didn't give a shit.

If you think I'm misremembering events, you're welcome to explain why he's the Christian athlete that everybody hates because of his faith.

You're definitely misremembering events. Reggie White was despised, not only for his faith but for his somewhat malformed opinions on things like Asians being tiny people known for making tiny things.

Kurt Warner was reviled for a time - both he and his wife - for their religion and the associated political views.

Only Drew Brees on your list has faced almost no backlash and that's not surprising because he's not nearly as vocal as the other two, and not even close to being as outspoken as Tebow.

Mile High Mania
05-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I think Kaepernick has made more of a killing not playing than playing. I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be on some team if he was just willing to take a backup contract. I dont think he cares if he plays or not. Tebow actually wants to play. It's a dumb move by the jags but id love to see him do well.

Kaep views himself as the modern day Ali... he made over $40M in the NFL, reportedly $10M or so with the NFL settlement and his NIKE contract (based on averages) is about another $10M per year.

So, yeah... he's paid more to not play essentially.

AdolfOliverBush
05-12-2021, 10:04 AM
You're definitely misremembering events. Reggie White was despised, not only for his faith but for his somewhat malformed opinions on things like Asians being tiny people known for making tiny things.

Kurt Warner was reviled for a time - both he and his wife - for their religion and the associated political views.

Only Drew Brees on your list has faced almost no backlash and that's not surprising because he's not nearly as vocal as the other two, and not even close to being as outspoken as Tebow.

Well, they should shut up and stay in their lane. LMAO

htismaqe
05-12-2021, 10:05 AM
Well, they should shut up and stay in their lane. LMAO

Certainly can't have people out there speaking their minds. It's too dangerous.

Mecca
05-12-2021, 10:16 AM

Tebow is ripped on because religion seems to be the only thing he cares about or wants to talk about.

I'm not a religious person and if you are that's fine. But there's also a large portion of people that don't enjoy having it shoved in their face every 5 seconds. I fall into that category, if you take every opportunity to tell me how cool Jesus is that's gonna get on my nerves.

htismaqe
05-12-2021, 10:23 AM
Tebow is ripped on because religion seems to be the only thing he cares about or wants to talk about.

I'm not a religious person and if you are that's fine. But there's also a large portion of people that don't enjoy having it shoved in their face every 5 seconds. I fall into that category, if you take every opportunity to tell me how cool Jesus is that's gonna get on my nerves.

Honestly, it sounds like that's your problem, not his.

htismaqe
05-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Which takes me back to my original comment:

I find it ironic and funny that people get so disjointed about something they're absolutely convinced is a fairy tale.

Mecca
05-12-2021, 10:31 AM
Which takes me back to my original comment:

I find it ironic and funny that people get so disjointed about something they're absolutely convinced is a fairy tale.
If I went around knocking on doors and took every opportunity to tell people how fuckin cool atheism is, people would think I was a massive dick...

htismaqe
05-12-2021, 10:33 AM
If I went around knocking on doors and took every opportunity to tell people how fuckin cool atheism is, people would think I was a massive dick...

He's not knocking on doors.

He's being INVITED to do interviews.

Do you refrain from talking about things you're passionate about? What's wrong with speaking your mind?

It seems that the only reason you want him to shut up is because you don't agree with him. That's democracy at work right there!

Mecca
05-12-2021, 10:38 AM
He's not knocking on doors.

He's being INVITED to do interviews.

Do you refrain from talking about things you're passionate about? What's wrong with speaking your mind?

It seems that the only reason you want him to shut up is because you don't agree with him. That's democracy at work right there!

But you realize this is why people don't like him...it's no different than people who don't like LeBron for stuff he says.

htismaqe
05-12-2021, 10:39 AM
But you realize this is why people don't like him...it's no different than people who don't like LeBron for stuff he says.

Absolutely.

And again, I find it funny that people get so bent out of shape about a MYTH.

If it's truly hogwash, it should be pretty easy to just dismiss him as crazy, don't you think?

Yet there's a large vocal group that comes out of the woodwork every time he's mentioned. Their insecurity is hilarious.

htismaqe
05-12-2021, 10:41 AM
For the record, I don't care one whit about Tebow. At all. He's not a good football player and his personal life interests me little.

I just find his detractors hilarious.

jettio
05-12-2021, 11:03 AM

What NFL players tell their own kids about Kaepernick is to never let your girlfriend get your nose so wide open that you give up your dream.

He would have gotten a job a long time ago if he broke up with that girlfriend that bosses him around.

staylor26
05-12-2021, 11:18 AM

No, it’s way fucking different.

I’m not religious by any means, and I roll me eyes at that shit constantly, but Lebron is literally out there telling lies and stoking the fire on race relations in this country.

To compare Tebow to Lebron is beyond a reach.

The funny part is people like you honestly are more annoyed by Tebow, which says a lot about you. This is coming from a Canes fan who hated Tebow.

Mecca
05-12-2021, 11:40 AM
No, it’s way fucking different.

I’m not religious by any means, and I roll me eyes at that shit constantly, but Lebron is literally out there telling lies and stoking the fire on race relations in this country.

To compare Tebow to Lebron is beyond a reach.

The funny part is people like you honestly are more annoyed by Tebow, which says a lot about you. This is coming from a Canes fan who hated Tebow.

I really don't give a shit about Tim Tebow, he gets a chance because nepotism, who cares.

staylor26
05-12-2021, 11:44 AM
I really don't give a shit about Tim Tebow, he gets a chance because nepotism, who cares.

You don’t have to give a fuck about Tebow to see the difference between somebody that does absolutely no harm and somebody who continuously does and never learns or is held accountable.

Buehler445
05-12-2021, 11:52 AM

4 years ago, sure. Now, no. He's fucking 33 and hasn't played in 5 years.

I know the numbers are similar for Tebow, but let's be real here, TE is easier to play than QB.

morphius
05-12-2021, 11:58 AM
What NFL players tell their own kids about Kaepernick is to never let your girlfriend get your nose so wide open that you give up your dream.

He would have gotten a job a long time ago if he broke up with that girlfriend that bosses him around.

That dream was mostly over by the time he was benched for being on the lower end of mediocre, by another mediocre QB nonetheless.

RealSNR
05-12-2021, 11:58 AM

He's THIS reviled because of his faith?

I'm willing to go ahead (especially given Mecca's comment) and say it's still true for a portion of people, but here's the bottom line: The guy blows goat testicles as a QB. And too many people are blinded by either his faith, his play style, his charisma, or whatever and think that it shouldn't matter that he blows goat testicles.

Right now THAT'S why a dude who hasn't played a single regular season snap since 2012 was getting talked about as the main headline the past two days. Not because "OMG his faaaaaiiith!!!"

staylor26
05-12-2021, 12:28 PM
He's THIS reviled because of his faith?

I'm willing to go ahead (especially given Mecca's comment) and say it's still true for a portion of people, but here's the bottom line: The guy blows goat testicles as a QB. And too many people are blinded by either his faith, his play style, his charisma, or whatever and think that it shouldn't matter that he blows goat testicles.

Right now THAT'S why a dude who hasn't played a single regular season snap since 2012 was getting talked about as the main headline the past two days. Not because "OMG his faaaaaiiith!!!"

This I certainly agree with.

Mile High Mania
05-12-2021, 12:46 PM
I genuinely feel that there is a large swath of people, many casual viewers that the NFL wants to grab that simply just want him to succeed because they like him.

No big deal really... it's a damn publicity stunt and if he somehow makes the team and plays spot duty as a TE, it's not going to be a bad thing and it won't be a great thing.

Tebow is not going to redefine the position... so it's all just fodder and a signing to spark interest and sell merch. It grabs eyeballs and dollars, that's all it is.

rabblerouser
05-12-2021, 01:27 PM
He started because Haley, who was all but asking to get fired gave the big FU to Pioli by starting him since Pioli was obsessed with Cassel and refused to actually bring in competition for him.

Would you want to go into a 4th straight season with MATT CASSEL as your starting QB!?

Perineum Ripper
05-12-2021, 02:39 PM
Jordan finished his career hitting. 250 in the Arizona fall league. Tebow hit .273 in AA. Again these are not natural baseball players. These are athletes from other sports who wanted to prove they can play a different sport. What are you expecting from players who took 5 - 10 years off of baseball then decided to play with some of the world's best? You're not comparing them to major leaguers are you? Of course they aren't but who in the world expected them to be?

In a single season playing with the Barons Jordan batted .202 in 497 plate appearances and .252 in 120 plate appearances in the fall league. Those are both shit, no idea why you would bring him into the conversation to begin with. It was nice of you to try and use a very small sample size to try and prop up your side though, good play on that one.

Yes Tebow had 1 year out of 4 that he didn't deep throat cock while playing, I had already said that. Now add up his average for all 4 years, quit taking small sample sizes and trying to use them to better your argument. You need to look at the full sample, to see that they sucked a buffet of dicks playing baseball.

Yeah they weren't natural baseball players, that is why they sucked ass and both got out. That still isn't admirable, I don't expect anything from them, don't know why you are asking that. We were not talking about what was expected of them, we were discussing if it was admirable.

No I am comparing them to other AA players that didn't suck ass like they did, comparing their stats to other stats that get guys moved up to AAA. They sucked, that's why they don't and didn't play baseball long, really have no idea why you are trying to argue that they didn't. When we originally started talking about if it was admirable what they did, which it still isn't admirable. They played a sport they sucked at, then quit, that isn't admirable.

AdolfOliverBush
05-12-2021, 03:38 PM
In a single season playing with the Barons Jordan batted .202 in 497 plate appearances and .252 in 120 plate appearances in the fall league. Those are both shit, no idea why you would bring him into the conversation to begin with. It was nice of you to try and use a very small sample size to try and prop up your side though, good play on that one.

Yes Tebow had 1 year out of 4 that he didn't deep throat cock while playing, I had already said that. Now add up his average for all 4 years, quit taking small sample sizes and trying to use them to better your argument. You need to look at the full sample, to see that they sucked a buffet of dicks playing baseball.

Yeah they weren't natural baseball players, that is why they sucked ass and both got out. That still isn't admirable, I don't expect anything from them, don't know why you are asking that. We were not talking about what was expected of them, we were discussing if it was admirable.

No I am comparing them to other AA players that didn't suck ass like they did, comparing their stats to other stats that get guys moved up to AAA. They sucked, that's why they don't and didn't play baseball long, really have no idea why you are trying to argue that they didn't. When we originally started talking about if it was admirable what they did, which it still isn't admirable. They played a sport they sucked at, then quit, that isn't admirable.

Let's be real, Tebow hasn't gone a year without deep throating cock since the 4th grade.

jettio
05-12-2021, 05:58 PM
That dream was mostly over by the time he was benched for being on the lower end of mediocre, by another mediocre QB nonetheless.

That is not a wise take.

Have you ever heard of Jim Plunkett and what he did with the Raiders after being considered a failure with Patriots and 49ers?

Kurt Warner won league and Super Bowl MVP in his first season as a starter and made the Super Bowl in his third year and the Rams give up on him and he is riding the bench with the Giants and the Cardinals before getting another shot and proving himself worthy of the Hall of Fame.

If you do not understand that Kaepernick was a special talent and that he could have revived his career in the right situation, then you honestly do not know as much about NFL football and athletic excellence as you think you do.

It is a shame that he fell for a nut that likes dating athletes but hates the sports they play and the country they live in. He would have found a new team if she did not rewire his brain and make teams afraid of her influence on him, but the dude was a great talent and don't let your dislike of what he did keep you from seeing that.

chiefzilla1501
05-12-2021, 07:15 PM

Dude. These. Are. Not. Baseball. Players. They are not even dual sport athletes.

Jordan and Tebow both got off to rough starts. No ****ing duh. They aren't natural baseball players, hadn't picked up a bat in 5 years, and jumped from high school to amateur pitching. I suggest you watch Jordan rides the bus on 30 for 30 instead of looking at a meaningless batting Avg because the guy took some time adjusting to big league breaking balls. He was actually decent by the time he left. And a not natural baseball player hitting 273 in AA is hella respectable.

Why you insist on comparing these guys to drafted baseball players and major leaguers is absurd. They had respectable baseball careers without nearly as much talent. I brought it up because I respect the hell out of tebows passion for sports and work ethic. It is a Rudy situation where you have tons of heart and just not the natural talent. Tebows baseball career was the same, even more so.

PunkinDrublic
05-12-2021, 10:03 PM
Must be nice to be given a chance to come back to football well into your 30’s whenever you get bored with playing minor league baseball.

Perineum Ripper
05-13-2021, 07:35 AM
Dude. These. Are. Not. Baseball. Players. They are not even dual sport athletes.

Jordan and Tebow both got off to rough starts. No ****ing duh. They aren't natural baseball players, hadn't picked up a bat in 5 years, and jumped from high school to amateur pitching. I suggest you watch Jordan rides the bus on 30 for 30 instead of looking at a meaningless batting Avg because the guy took some time adjusting to big league breaking balls. He was actually decent by the time he left. And a not natural baseball player hitting 273 in AA is hella respectable.

Why you insist on comparing these guys to drafted baseball players and major leaguers is absurd. They had respectable baseball careers without nearly as much talent. I brought it up because I respect the hell out of tebows passion for sports and work ethic. It is a Rudy situation where you have tons of heart and just not the natural talent. Tebows baseball career was the same, even more so.

Dude. That. Is. Why. It. Is. Not. Admirable.

They used their status as big stars in another sport to get shoved right into another sport, that they had not played. Then they fucking sucked at it, terribly, minus the half ok year that Tebow had. I have watched the 30 for 30, still doesn't change my mind, they sucked and were not admirable. I looked at way more than batting average, he still couldn't hit a breaking ball for shit, and all signs pointed to them sucking asshole, and not being admirable for the efforts. You can't tell me .273 is hella respectable right after saying look at more than average, average doesn't tell us anything apparently.

You seriously can't figure out why I compare guys playing baseball to other guys playing baseball? They used their status to shove themselves into the sport, so they get held to the same standard, not a huge leap to figure that out. Their baseball careers were not respectable, if they were respectable they would have stayed with it and advanced. Respecting work ethic is fine but you said his baseball career was admirable and it wasn't. That is why he is back at football trying to play a brand new position, and not still playing baseball.

Seeing you compare Tebow to Rudy and say it is even more impressive, shows that you are emotional about this, which I figured by the way you started bring other people into. You couldn't stick to the original point of it being admirable or not, you started dragging other shit into that had nothing to do with it. So you keep thinking that sucking at a sport, that you shouldn't be playing to begin with, using your status from other sports to shove yourself into the roster, taking a spot from someone else who has played the sport their entire life is something that is admirable.

It isn't, at all, it is pathetic.

tredadda
05-13-2021, 08:07 AM
Would you want to go into a 4th straight season with MATT CASSEL as your starting QB!?

Nope. Wouldn't want to go into my first game with him as my starter. He was a career backup that should have, and probably would have, if not for Pioli stayed that way.

chiefzilla1501
05-13-2021, 08:15 AM
Dude. That. Is. Why. It. Is. Not. Admirable.

They used their status as big stars in another sport to get shoved right into another sport, that they had not played. Then they ****ing sucked at it, terribly, minus the half ok year that Tebow had. I have watched the 30 for 30, still doesn't change my mind, they sucked and were not admirable. I looked at way more than batting average, he still couldn't hit a breaking ball for shit, and all signs pointed to them sucking asshole, and not being admirable for the efforts. You can't tell me .273 is hella respectable right after saying look at more than average, average doesn't tell us anything apparently.

You seriously can't figure out why I compare guys playing baseball to other guys playing baseball? They used their status to shove themselves into the sport, so they get held to the same standard, not a huge leap to figure that out. Their baseball careers were not respectable, if they were respectable they would have stayed with it and advanced. Respecting work ethic is fine but you said his baseball career was admirable and it wasn't. That is why he is back at football trying to play a brand new position, and not still playing baseball.

Seeing you compare Tebow to Rudy and say it is even more impressive, shows that you are emotional about this, which I figured by the way you started bring other people into. You couldn't stick to the original point of it being admirable or not, you started dragging other shit into that had nothing to do with it. So you keep thinking that sucking at a sport, that you shouldn't be playing to begin with, using your status from other sports to shove yourself into the roster, taking a spot from someone else who has played the sport their entire life is something that is admirable.

It isn't, at all, it is pathetic.

There's nothing pathetic about two guys looking respectable in AA ball in their secondary sport after a 5+ year absence. Much as you want it to be. Or much as you want to act like neither belonged. These guys did not suck. They ended up being pretty average as far as minor leaguers go, most of whom can't even compete at the A level. If you don't find that admirable then you're the one throwing emotion into this. I have no reason to give a shit about Tebow except that I respect his work ethic and think in football and baseball, he way outperformed his actual talent because of his competitiveness. Baseball is no exception.

Perineum Ripper
05-13-2021, 10:05 AM
There's nothing pathetic about two guys looking respectable in AA ball in their secondary sport after a 5+ year absence. Much as you want it to be. Or much as you want to act like neither belonged. These guys did not suck. They ended up being pretty average as far as minor leaguers go, most of whom can't even compete at the A level. If you don't find that admirable then you're the one throwing emotion into this. I have no reason to give a shit about Tebow except that I respect his work ethic and think in football and baseball, he way outperformed his actual talent because of his competitiveness. Baseball is no exception.

You think it admirable that they used their status to shove themselves into a sport they didn't belong? Or that they showed that after not playing for so long they sucked at the sport? They did not look respectable at AA ball, the one year of Tebow batting decently, I can understand arguing that. The entirety of their careers are shit for AA players, that is why they both quit. They were shit, so they quit, not pretty average, below average.

What I find admirable, is trying out for a team, making it on your performance, progressing your career. Not using status to get yourself onto a team, sucking for 1 to 4 years, quitting because you suck ass and can't make it. I have way higher standards for my admiration. I have no emotion in this, by definition, I have none in this, you do with your admiration. It is why you felt the need to cloud the discussion by changing the subject, bringing other people into it, rather than sticking to Tebow and if what he did was admirable.

His work ethic from what I have seen is something a person can admire, his baseball and pro football career are both shit. Anyone who can admire his performance in either of those areas, have low standards and probably haven't accomplished anything of significance in life.

Shields68
05-13-2021, 01:23 PM

Yeah, a lot of people want to pretend that Kap was above average. But his accuracy was pathetic. I mean two coaching staffs had it a toss up whether to start him or Gabbert.

Chiefshrink
05-13-2021, 01:45 PM

**** i was at that shit show. Somehow we lost to a guy who was like 2/17 and 120 yards passing.

This is when you 'know' there is a God and his name is Jesus and Tim worships Jesus thus Jesus blesses Tim. More blessings to come to Tim I assure you.;)

Chiefshrink
05-13-2021, 02:17 PM

I agree 100%. :thumb:

It is a win-win-win-win for all parties involved as well. The Jags brass gets to put more butts in the seat, Urban can take pressure off of Lawrence, the Florida fans get their 'chosen son' to come home and play in front of them and Tim gets his 2nd coming.;)

tends to rub people the wrong way.

Been happening since Jesus walked the earth. I apply the below verse everyday in my life and especially coming into CP and take no offense when it is given. And I assure you Tebow does as well in his life and takes no offense when it is given. :thumb:

John 15:18-25

New Living Translation

The World’s Hatred

18 “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. 19 The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. 20 Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. 21 They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the one who sent me. 22 They would not be guilty if I had not come and spoken to them. But now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Anyone who hates me also hates my Father. 24 If I hadn’t done such miraculous signs among them that no one else could do, they would not be guilty. But as it is, they have seen everything I did, yet they still hate me and my Father. 25 This fulfills what is written in their Scriptures: ‘They hated me without cause.’

Mile High Mania
05-21-2021, 09:45 AM
Bumping this up only because I just read that Tebow now has the top 5 selling jerseys on NFL.com. No, not 1 of the top 5... he owns the top 5 spots.

Again, as I said earlier... it's all about merch and press. That's why they signed him and the NFL is loving it.

tk13
05-21-2021, 01:07 PM
Yeah you're right. That's something.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At <a href="https://t.co/jHuhn4vMsP">https://t.co/jHuhn4vMsP</a> today, the top five selling items are all....Tim Tebow items. <a href="https://t.co/k2wdJvX5lQ">pic.twitter.com/k2wdJvX5lQ</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1395746156370698242?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
05-21-2021, 01:10 PM
Yeah you're right. That's something.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At <a href="https://t.co/jHuhn4vMsP">https://t.co/jHuhn4vMsP</a> today, the top five selling items are all....Tim Tebow items. <a href="https://t.co/k2wdJvX5lQ">pic.twitter.com/k2wdJvX5lQ</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1395746156370698242?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

People enjoy owning a scrubs jersey?

Kiimo
05-21-2021, 04:50 PM
Bumping this up only because I just read that Tebow now has the top 5 selling jerseys on NFL.com. No, not 1 of the top 5... he owns the top 5 spots.

Again, as I said earlier... it's all about merch and press. That's why they signed him and the NFL is loving it.

He shattered the mold!!

https://th.bing.com/th/id/Re9f5f5e72447044455e303ee9271ec72?rik=O0HJt610miIpwg&pid=ImgRaw

Mephistopheles Janx
05-21-2021, 05:25 PM
This is when you 'know' there is a God and his name is Jesus and Tim worships Jesus thus Jesus blesses Tim. More blessings to come to Tim I assure you.;)

At the risk of getting nuked from this thread... but here is hoping that if I go we both go for posting religious bullshit outside of DC. If what you say is what is actually happening.

Crazy how God/Jesus ignores the pleas of millions who actually need him but instead shines his light on Timmy Tebow by "blessing him" with multiple opportunities to play a game and get paid for it. Dude needs to check his priorities.

RealSNR
05-21-2021, 05:30 PM
Fools and their money will soon be parted when the Jaguars end up cutting Tebow before Week 1.

And I will laugh at them.

Mecca
05-21-2021, 05:36 PM
Fools and their money will soon be parted when the Jaguars end up cutting Tebow before Week 1.

And I will laugh at them.

They're going to keep him, Meyer loves him as a locker room guy.

Kiimo
05-21-2021, 05:39 PM
In your heart you all know he'll have some 12 yard catch in an important game and we'll NEVER hear the end of it.

RealSNR
05-21-2021, 05:40 PM
They're going to keep him, Meyer loves him as a locker room guy.

I suppose the Chiefs have Gehrig Dieter who serves a similar role for them, but the difference there is that when injuries start to rack up throughout the course of the season, it's time to stop fucking around and make actual use of that roster spot with somebody who can contribute to the team. Dieter goes on and off the practice squad constantly.

Urban's going to use an actual roster spot on a #3 TE who doesn't know the first thing about playing TE

RealSNR
05-21-2021, 05:46 PM
In your heart you all know he'll have some 12 yard catch in an important game and we'll NEVER hear the end of it.

Did somebody say 12 yard catch in an important game?

Check out 6:36!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wr2vMhuwLnU?start=386" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MTG#10
05-21-2021, 06:09 PM

But Stephen A Smith said it was because of white privilege. Are you calling him a liar?

mdstu
05-21-2021, 06:10 PM

I was at the casino last week making some prop bets for a friend and saw some for Tebow.

Over\Under Yards (Full Season) 12

Over\Under TD's (Full Season) 0.5

eDave
05-21-2021, 06:33 PM
But Stephen A Smith said it was because of white privilege. Are you calling him a liar?

An opportunist for sure. He knows what he's stirring up. Fuck him.

Mephistopheles Janx
05-21-2021, 06:35 PM

S.A.S is a flaming pile of human garbage. I can't think of any sports related TV personality that I find more infuriating and annoying. I hope he catches on fire and it happens on live TV.

Spott
05-21-2021, 06:46 PM
People enjoy owning a scrubs jersey?

The only thing more embarrassing than wearing a Jags jersey is wearing a Tebow Jags jersey.

ChiefsCountry
05-21-2021, 07:06 PM
Zero media pressure on Trevor Lawrence. The bullseye's all on Tebow now.

Graystoke
05-21-2021, 07:19 PM

Now that you say that I can see a glimmer of value.

Ok it’s gone, Tebow is going to suck.

Eureka
05-21-2021, 07:41 PM
Now that you say that I can see a glimmer of value.

Ok it’s gone, Tebow is going to suck.

He has some value in that he can run the ball and throw it. Kind of like a gadget player like we've seen with Taysom Hill. He's a great motivator and he might be able to mentor Lawrence some with him being a former 1st rd QB. He'll help with some hype for the Jags. Possible decoy on offense as well. Basically he'll only be able to contribute on the edges of the team.

The tricky part is him learning to block and catch. That seems far fetched but maybe he can do that some. He did impress coaches with his workout. The Jags def need another TE besides Tebow on their roster as they basically have nothing.

Tebow will either be a pre-season hype while doing nothing during the season or he'll help contribute in small ways. The Jags were a horrible team last year. They need all the help they can get.

Kiimo
05-21-2021, 09:42 PM
He has some value in that he can run the ball and throw it.

https://media.tenor.com/images/713b3c1f10fb3a204828a98b20ed2003/tenor.gif

Eureka
05-22-2021, 01:51 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/713b3c1f10fb3a204828a98b20ed2003/tenor.gif

OK ok ok.... Throw it better then most TE. NOT all but most.

Mile High Mania
05-22-2021, 05:42 AM

Not exactly... Tebow is a sideshow.

gonefishin53
05-22-2021, 07:17 AM
If Tebow is in peak condition, his size, agility, and mobility would make him an effective TE/HB/FB type and special teams contributor. Compare Tebow's combine numbers with Mecole Hardman's numbers and you see that he is very athletic for his size.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=66563&DraftYear=2010

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1017702&DraftYear=2019

Kiimo
05-22-2021, 10:00 AM
4.82 40 what a specimen

Fish
05-22-2021, 10:14 AM
If Tebow is in peak condition, his size, agility, and mobility would make him an effective TE/HB/FB type and special teams contributor. Compare Tebow's combine numbers with Mecole Hardman's numbers and you see that he is very athletic for his size.

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=66563&DraftYear=2010

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1017702&DraftYear=2019

Tebow's combine was 11 years ago. Hardman would run circles around his ass at this point...

gonefishin53
05-22-2021, 11:15 AM
Tebow's combine was 11 years ago. Hardman would run circles around his ass at this point...

Only the Jags coaching and training staff know how close Tebow is to the numbers he put up at his combine. I don't think he would take on this challenge without doing serious hard work in preparation for his try out.

Until he's on the field running routes and catching passes, no one knows with absolute certainty how close he is to his peak physical abilities. I choose not to judge him without visual evidence of his football skills.

Mile High Mania
05-22-2021, 11:22 AM
At the end of the day... they gave him a 1 year deal for less than $1M. Some are reacting as if he's been dropped into a starting role making top player money. It's just simply not that and there a dozen other legitimate backup TEs out there thinking this is kind of funny.

Deberg_1990
08-17-2021, 09:03 AM
Released

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jaguars have released TE Tim Tebow.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1427624845991370753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Beef Supreme
08-17-2021, 09:04 AM
Released

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jaguars have released TE Tim Tebow.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1427624845991370753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's no Blake Bell.

staylor26
08-17-2021, 09:07 AM
All of that crying for nothing

alpha_omega
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tim Tebow: TE1<a href="https://t.co/1mih6jFhUk">pic.twitter.com/1mih6jFhUk</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1426718047566450696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TLO
Bring him in for a nook?

Zebedee DuBois
08-17-2021, 09:08 AM
Jesus wept. (John 11,v35)

Eleazar
08-17-2021, 09:10 AM
Guess he didn’t have quite enough privilege

Fish
08-17-2021, 10:39 AM
LMAO... those Tebow jerseys all those morons bought...

gblowfish
08-17-2021, 11:00 AM
Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow!

Otter
08-17-2021, 11:47 AM
I don't understand how this is a surprise to anyone.

Who would you rather on your team Matt Cassel for an outrageous salary or Tim Tebow for minimum wage? Hell, didn't Tebow win a playoff game his rookie year with the donx?

That howdie doodie lookin' mofo matt is the penny stock, cold caller of the NFL.

MIAdragon
08-17-2021, 11:57 AM
Has this idiot been open to this years ago he would have made it.

thabear04
08-17-2021, 02:04 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How it went down in Jacksonville this morning �� <a href="https://t.co/eDXqYIJHs8">pic.twitter.com/eDXqYIJHs8</a></p>&mdash; B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) <a href="https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1427718280693780483?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ModSocks
08-17-2021, 02:58 PM
Released

IS THERE NO GOD???