PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Our pal Bashaud Breeland visited the Vikings yesterday

RunKC
05-21-2021, 07:32 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bashaud Breeland visited Vikings Thursday. <a href="https://t.co/7ZsxsqWqJw">https://t.co/7ZsxsqWqJw</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1395694022707011584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TLO
05-21-2021, 07:39 AM
Only 1000 posts in this thread to bring Breeland back to KC.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO

AdolfOliverBush
05-21-2021, 07:45 AM
I wonder if the Vikings would trade Breeland for Mike Hughes, straight up?

ChiliConCarnage
05-21-2021, 07:53 AM
Only 1000 posts in this thread to bring Breeland back to KC.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO

LFG!!

Dunerdr
05-21-2021, 08:14 AM
Fisher isn't coming back, Breeland isn't coming back and Mitch isn't coming back. It's time to take the patriots mind set and move on when players are looking that cliff in the eyes. (or over it)

Wisconsin_Chief
05-21-2021, 08:26 AM
I'd still like to bring him back simply because there are too many unknowns between Baker, Hughes, Fenton and Keyes.

There are two positions which can very quickly derail a season if you don't have enough depth; O-line (which we learned the hard way) and corner.

tyreekthefreak
05-21-2021, 08:28 AM
I'd still like to bring him back simply because there are too many unknowns between Baker, Hughes, Fenton and Keyes.

There are two positions which can very quickly derail a season if you don't have enough depth; O-line (which we learned the hard way) and corner.

Fenton is good to go! The others are question marks!

Wisconsin_Chief
05-21-2021, 08:36 AM
Fenton is good to go! The others are question marks!

Yeah, so basically we have 3 proven guys. That's shaky.

One injury and we could be in trouble. But I trust Veach either way.

lewdog
05-21-2021, 08:40 AM
Who does this POS think he is?!?!?!

tredadda
05-21-2021, 08:45 AM
What's MikeVike think about this?

alanm
05-21-2021, 08:51 AM
What's MikeVike think about this?The Vike's will fleece us. LMAOLMAO

arrowheadnation
05-21-2021, 09:24 AM
Lots of underhanded comments from him on twitter last night, to the point of him even asking to go on "someone's" podcast. He doesn't sound very happy.

TribalElder
05-21-2021, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure how his numbers stacked up last season

The suspension to start the season was fucked though, maybe we are waiting to see if he can go without fucking up this offseason before we decide to bring him back ROFL

Skyy God
05-21-2021, 09:37 AM
Vikes only have $3.3M in cap space.

Wisconsin_Chief
05-21-2021, 09:42 AM
Lots of underhanded comments from him on twitter last night, to the point of him even asking to go on "someone's" podcast. He doesn't sound very happy.

Not sure what he would have to be upset about? The Chiefs signed him when nobody else would and he won a Super Bowl here. Then they re-signed him even when he was facing a 4 game suspension.

After he was exposed in the Super Bowl, I'm not sure what kind of market he was expecting to find. He's the kind of guy who realistically could have a penalty called against him on almost every play with how handsy he is. He's going to have a tough time finding anything more than short term, low cost deals.

arrowheadnation
05-21-2021, 10:00 AM
Not sure what he would have to be upset about? The Chiefs signed him when nobody else would and he won a Super Bowl here. Then they re-signed him even when he was facing a 4 game suspension.

After he was exposed in the Super Bowl, I'm not sure what kind of market he was expecting to find. He's the kind of guy who realistically could have a penalty called against him on almost every play with how handsy he is. He's going to have a tough time finding anything more than short term, low cost deals.

I don't think he's necessarily mad at the Chiefs, but at the system as a whole. It's like he feels disrespected because he's not getting the offers he thinks he should be getting.

Skyy God
05-21-2021, 10:26 AM
I don't think he's necessarily mad at the Chiefs, but at the system as a whole. It's like he feels disrespected because he's not getting the offers he thinks he should be getting.

Between his MRSA, 4 game suspension, and the 2021 falling cap, he’s had some bad luck.

Wisconsin_Chief
05-21-2021, 10:37 AM

I suppose I can see that. If a guy like Steven Nelson can get 25 million over 3 years, you'd think Breeland could land something.

Oh well, hope it ends up benefiting us again.

Skyy God
05-21-2021, 12:58 PM
I suppose I can see that. If a guy like Steven Nelson can get 25 million over 3 years, you'd think Breeland could land something.

Oh well, hope it ends up benefiting us again.

His 3/24 deal with the Panthers was voided, allegedly due to MRSA.

sedated
05-21-2021, 01:39 PM
If a guy like Steven Nelson can get 25 million over 3 years, you'd think Breeland could land something.

That was way before Covid lowered the cap. And Nelson wasn't staring at being 30+.

Wisconsin_Chief
05-21-2021, 01:44 PM
That was way before Covid lowered the cap. And Nelson wasn't staring at being 30+.

Even so, you'd think being a starting CB for a Super Bowl team two years in a row could land you a decent deal somewhere. I'm sure that's what he's thinking as well.

Kind of rough for guys like him these days.

RealSNR
05-21-2021, 02:19 PM

Yeah, but Nelson WAS staring at being an overrated piece of AIDS

Rain Man
05-21-2021, 02:55 PM
I don't understand why Breeland isn't more in demand. He's a good cornerback who also makes plays. Without even thinking about it, I can remember....

Interception in the Super Bowl
100 yard fumble recovery against the Lions
Beautiful game-saving pass breakup against the patriots

The guy's a top-notch cornerback. I want him back in red.

Easy 6
05-21-2021, 03:23 PM
He can either come here and have a cheeseburger in the lap of luxury

Or he can have filet mignon in a sewage seeping shithole

As Biden might say... The Choice Is Yours, BB

Skyy God
05-21-2021, 03:28 PM
I don't understand why Breeland isn't more in demand. He's a good cornerback who also makes plays. Without even thinking about it, I can remember....

Me too, Rain Man. Me too.

I bet he has an offer from the Chiefs and is trying to drive his price up.

RedinTexas
05-21-2021, 03:30 PM
What's MikeVike think about this?

I'm not sure, but I'll bet he's whining about us on the mange over this.

alpha_omega
05-21-2021, 03:38 PM

That's kind of where I am.
Seems like the good has always outweighed the bad.

Besides, if he's not back there won't be anyone to mistakenly call "Breeland Speaks".

Wisconsin_Chief
05-21-2021, 03:41 PM

He's had some horrible luck. His big deal with the Panthers was voided because of his MSRA infection. Then he missed half that year and ended up in Green Bay where he played very well. Then he got his first one year deal with us.

Last year he had the looming suspension which hurt him, so he took another cheap one year deal thinking he would get paid this year. With the cap going down and all the negative publicity he got from his Super Bowl performance, his market was not there.

I completely agree, he's a very good player and I really hope they keep him.

TEX
05-21-2021, 03:54 PM

Yep. I'd sure him to come back as well.

smithandrew051
05-21-2021, 04:22 PM
If he signs elsewhere, fuck him he sucks anyway.

If he signs with the Chiefs, All Pro guaranteed. The missing piece. Print em.

Chiefaholic
05-21-2021, 05:49 PM
I'm not going to trash talk of of the men on the field that won us a Superbowl after waiting a lifetime (born in 71). Covid set our team back on planned cap space, thus forcing the team to make some hard decisions. I wish the guy the best and if we're lucky, he'll get himself a long term contract while we reap the reward of draft compensation.

Wilson8
05-21-2021, 08:25 PM
I'm not going to trash talk of of the men on the field that won us a Superbowl after waiting a lifetime (born in 71). Covid set our team back on planned cap space, thus forcing the team to make some hard decisions. I wish the guy the best and if we're lucky, he'll get himself a long term contract while we reap the reward of draft compensation.

All NFL signings have to happen before the Monday at 4:00 PM, after the NFL draft, to be considered for comp picks.

If KC signed him for another year and next year Bashaud signed for a few million with another team, that could get us a comp pick in the following year.

Last comp calculations that I saw has KC either getting a 7th round comp pick for Tanoh Kpassagnon or we just miss because 32 comp picks will already have been awarded.

https://overthecap.com/2022-compensatory-picks-update-5-4-2021/

notorious
05-22-2021, 09:34 AM
He’s a good player that becomes great if the refs allow a physical game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
05-22-2021, 11:41 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">See research is power <a href="https://t.co/VbAUQ7ZAz0">https://t.co/VbAUQ7ZAz0</a></p>&mdash; Bashaud Breeland (@Bree2Land6) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bree2Land6/status/1396103860419104773?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC
05-22-2021, 12:09 PM
Fenton is the same type of corner as Breeland. I wonder if Spags now wants him to take that role going into his 3rd year

RealSNR
05-22-2021, 12:16 PM
I've always said that if you want to convince a lot of people of something, show them your handwritten notes on a piece of looseleaf notebook paper.

TLO
05-22-2021, 12:51 PM
We're a long way from 1000 posts, guys.

kccrow
05-22-2021, 03:54 PM
If KC didn't want Sneed starting opposite Ward this year, I'd have to think they would have made an offer to Breeland by now and wouldn't have traded for Hughes. He isn't signing here to not start. They are going to figure out what they have with Baker, Hughes, Fenton, and Keyes behind them. Fenton seems to be a lock to be the primary backup on the outside with Hughes and Baker battling it out for the slot the way things look on paper.

smithandrew051
05-22-2021, 04:31 PM
David Amerson is available. Safe to say that won’t be changing any time soon.

notorious
05-22-2021, 06:05 PM
That’s BETTER than Gilmore, Ramsey, Alexander, and Humphrey combined

When it comes to percentages, this makes no sense.

Skyy God
05-22-2021, 06:05 PM
I've always said that if you want to convince a lot of people of something, show them your handwritten notes on a piece of looseleaf notebook paper.

Lo fi is the new high fi.

Wilson8
05-22-2021, 08:18 PM
That’s BETTER than Gilmore, Ramsey, Alexander, and Humphrey combined

When it comes to percentages, this makes no sense.

I agree. He used the wrong wording.

Wilson8
05-22-2021, 08:28 PM
Will Bashaud Breeland face another suspension from his April arrest in South Carolina? Perhaps they were able to plead it down enough that the NFL will consider it a minor offense.

Chiefs CB Bashaud Breeland pleads guilty to disorderly conduct, possession in South Carolina (kshb.com)

From Oct 2, 2020
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Suspended Chiefs cornerback Bashaud Breeland pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and a drug possession charge Friday in a South Carolina court.
Breeland received a 30-day suspended sentence and $100 fine for each charge, including possession of less than 28 grams of marijuana.
“We are pleased to have come to a fair and swift resolution in this case,” according to a statement on Breeland’s behalf from defense attorney, Bakari Sellers. “Mr. Breeland looks forward to putting this whole ordeal behind him. We appreciate the York County prosecutor’s cooperation and professionalism throughout this process. This case is a prime example of how a person is best served by allowing these matters to be litigated in a court of law, rather than roadside during an arrest.”
Breeland was arrested in late April in Fort Mill, South Carolina, for allegedly smoking marijuana in a gas station parking lot.
TMZ Sports released a video it said was of the arrest during which a York County sheriff’s deputy drew his Taser and later a firearm, which he pointed at Breeland as he tried to get into a vehicle at a gas station.
“This was a relatively minor situation that could have turned into a serious incident,” York County Solicitor Kevin Bracket said in a statement. “Failing to comply with law enforcement’s instructions too often leads to tragic results. I appreciate Mr. Breeland’s recognition of this fact and acceptance of responsibility for his actions. Compliance is the best way to avoid a dangerous escalation of routine encounters with the police.”
The York County prosecutor’s office agreed to drop charges for transporting alcohol in a vehicle with a broken seal, driving without a license and resisting arrest as part of the plea agreement.
Breeland has one game remaining on the four-game suspension the NFL handed down in August for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.

flinchfree
05-22-2021, 08:42 PM
Breeland is a numbskull kinda guy that won't get out of his own way.
No biggie that we've moved on.

Wilson8
05-25-2021, 08:32 PM
Maybe the Bears -

The Bears are interested in the seven-year veteran, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune. Chicago cut both Kyle Fuller and Buster Skrine this offseason and could potentially use another experienced cover man, having not addressed the position in the draft until Round 6.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/

Wilson8
05-31-2021, 12:20 PM
Tyrann Mathieu wants Bashaud Breeland back.

Mathieu, however, is still holding out hope that Breeland will come back to Kansas City.

“To me, he’s one of the more underrated cornerbacks in this league,” Mathieu said last week, via Nate Taylor of TheAthletic.com. “I really felt like the last couple years he’s really helped us out a lot, being able to play press-man [coverage] with elite receivers. He’s a guy that deserves a lot of credit for what we’ve been able to do. We talk more than other [teammates]. Just really wishing him the best and I hope we can get him back here.”

Per Taylor, Breeland and the Chiefs have engaged in discussions on the cornerback possibly returning on a one-year deal. But those conversations have yet to result in anything definitive.

In 27 games over the last two seasons with Kansas City, Breeland has recorded four interceptions, three fumble recoveries, and 17 passes defensed. A former Washington fourth-round pick, Breeland has 14 picks and 81 passes defensed in his seven pro seasons.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/31/tyrann-mathieu-i-hope-we-can-get-bashaud-breeland-back-here/

Maybe Tyrann would be more open for a new contract if he knew money was going for help on defense?

Bashaud Breeland, Justin Houston, or K.J. Wright would help the defense and get us closer to being able to make Patrick's wish come true, 20 - 0.

TEX
05-31-2021, 12:25 PM
Tyrann Mathieu wants Bashaud Breeland back.

So do I, for the right contract.

Wilson8
05-31-2021, 12:39 PM
CB – (6) Charvarius Ward, Rashad Fenton, L’Jarius Sneed, Thakarius Bopete Keyes, Deandre Baker, Mike Hughes, and Chris Lammons
UDFA – Marlon Character, Louisville, Dicaprio Bootle, Nebraska, Manny Patterson, Maine

We have a lot of young corners that might be good, but it would be better for the Chiefs to have Bashaud back.

Breeland probably wanting a multi year deal that Chiefs are unwilling to do.

Side Note - I don't think Charvarius Ward has signed his RFA contract yet.

Rausch
05-31-2021, 12:45 PM
We have a lot of young corners that might be good, but it would be better for the Chiefs to have Bashaud back.

Breeland probably wanting a multi year deal that Chiefs are unwilling to do.

So offer him a 3 year deal, voidable after 1, that gives him 3/4ths of the $$$ he wants. As long as he plays solid and avoids stupidity off the field he has his longer term contract...

Wilson8
05-31-2021, 01:36 PM
overthecap.com says Chiefs have $7,872,709. spotrac.com says $8,288,534.

Some free agent CB contracts signed this year.
Patrick Peterson, Vikings - 1 year $8M.
Kyle Fuller, Broncos - 1 year $9,470,588
A.J. Bouye, Panthers - 1 year $3.5M
Malcom Butler, Cardinals - 1 year $3.25M
Casey Hayward, Raiders - 1 year $2.5M
Mike Hilton, Bengals - 1 year $6M
Ronald Darby, Broncos - 3 year $30M, $19.5M guaranteed
Janoris Jenkins, Titans - 1 year $7.5M
Adoree' Jackson, Giants - 3 year $38M, $11M guaranteed
William Jackson III, Washington - 3 year with 2 additional void years, $40M

Wilson8
05-31-2021, 01:54 PM
I'm sure it has been written about in other CP threads, but Broncos have certainly invested in their CBs for 2021 - Kyle Fuller, Ronald Darby, Patrick Surtain II, and Kary Vincent.

I knew about their draft, but had not followed their free agent signings.

TEX
05-31-2021, 03:03 PM
I'm sure it has been written about in other CP threads, but Broncos have certainly invested in their CBs for 2021 - Kyle Fuller, Ronald Darby, Patrick Surtain II, and Kary Vincent.

I knew about their draft, but had not followed their free agent signings.

Well, they needed to. They face Mahomes and Hebert twice a year.

PurpleJesus28
05-31-2021, 03:40 PM
Well, they needed to. They face Mahomes and Hebert twice a year.

Is that Bobby Hebert by chance ?:D

TEX
05-31-2021, 04:20 PM
Is that Bobby Hebert by chance ?:D

LOL! You got me. Herbert... That's what not proofing your shit will get you. I'm so bad about doing that.

ThyKingdomCome15
05-31-2021, 04:37 PM
Breeland is a numbskull kinda guy that won't get out of his own way.
No biggie that we've moved on.

That's a good point. I forgot about that.

We've had enough drama on this team in recent years. Let a young, talented, and hungry guy who keeps his nose clean have a shot. We have a few on hand.

PurpleJesus28
05-31-2021, 05:01 PM
LOL! You got me. Herbert... That's what not proofing your shit will get you. I'm so bad about doing that.

Its ok,i couldnt resist that,just how my dumb brain works sometimes haha.

Dunerdr
06-01-2021, 09:12 AM
That's a good point. I forgot about that.

We've had enough drama on this team in recent years. Let a young, talented, and hungry guy who keeps his nose clean have a shot. We have a few on hand.

While i dont think his recent charge alone is a big enough reason not to sign him, its clear teams know something we dont. His whole career has been him not being able to land a contract except his almost contract with Carolina.

rabblerouser
06-01-2021, 09:04 PM
While i dont think his recent charge alone is a big enough reason not to sign him, its clear teams know something we dont. His whole career has been him not being able to land a contract except his almost contract with Carolina.

His injury back in the day would've ended some careers. The fact that he came back to play at all is a miracle in and of itself, but to play at such a high level...

Dante84
06-04-2021, 03:48 PM
He just signed with Minnesota

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Vikings</a> have signed veteran CB Bashaud Breeland, who has spent the last couple years in Kansas City. He also had interest from Chicago, but lands with a different NFC North team.</p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1400932285260652553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wisconsin_Chief
06-04-2021, 03:51 PM
Dang, was really hoping we could bring him back.

Time to let the kids play I guess. Might not be a team in football with a younger corner group than us.

TEX
06-04-2021, 03:52 PM
Dang, was really hoping we could bring him back.

Time to let the kids play I guess. Might not be a team in football with a younger corner group than us.

Yep. I wanted him back as well.

flinchfree
06-04-2021, 03:56 PM

Don't worry, you'll get your chance again in 12 months time.

Wisconsin_Chief
06-04-2021, 03:58 PM

It's definitely risky not bringing him back. You're counting on Fenton taking a huge step as the full time slot corner and Keyes, Baker and Hughes living up to their potential. There's basically no proven depth now.

One injury and you could be in a lot of trouble. But, as usual, I will trust Veach. No reason not to.

TEX
06-04-2021, 03:58 PM
Don't worry, you'll get your chance again in 12 months time.

Naw, it's obvious KC is over him.

-King-
06-04-2021, 04:11 PM
1 year 4 mil. Damn. I really really really wanted him back.

flinchfree
06-04-2021, 04:13 PM
Naw, it's obvious KC is over him.

He was too proud to take what we offered, and it's highly likely we offered more than Minny are going to pay him.
Type of guy who'd cut off his nose to spite his face.

My only point was, he won't last more than 12 months in Minny and will be looking for work on minimum chips in the not so distant future.
Would we take him back again on the minimum? If he came crawling and talked the right talk, but he won't.

Wilson8
06-04-2021, 04:18 PM
"Coach Spagz, Coach Merrit and my dog coach Madison the love was real and this is a Fairwell but not a break up! To my brothers and the city itself the memories won’t be forgotten and the love will continue from this day forth. Big Love Breezy"

The Chiefs move on...

Wilson8
06-04-2021, 04:25 PM
6 Zayne Anderson FS
30 Deandre Baker CB
2 Dicaprio Bootle CB
39 Marlon Character CB
40 Rodney Clemons SS
27 Rashad Fenton CB
21 Mike Hughes CB
24 Devon Key SS
29 Thakarius Keyes CB
26 Chris Lammons CB
32 Tyrann Mathieu SS
20 Will Parks SS
42 Manny Patterson CB
38 L'Jarius Sneed CB
49 Daniel Sorensen FS
22 Juan Thornhill FS
23 Armani Watts SS

35 Charvarius Ward CB - has not signed RFA contract yet.

TribalElder
06-04-2021, 04:25 PM
Going from Mahomes to Kirk Cousins

At least he won’t have to worry much about the playoffs

TEX
06-04-2021, 04:32 PM
6 Zayne Anderson FS
30 Deandre Baker CB
2 Dicaprio Bootle CB
39 Marlon Character CB
40 Rodney Clemons SS
27 Rashad Fenton CB
21 Mike Hughes CB
24 Devon Key SS
29 Thakarius Keyes CB
26 Chris Lammons CB
32 Tyrann Mathieu SS
20 Will Parks SS
42 Manny Patterson CB
38 L'Jarius Sneed CB
49 Daniel Sorensen FS
22 Juan Thornhill FS
23 Armani Watts SS

35 Charvarius Ward CB - has not signed RFA contract yet.

If I'm the Chiefs, I'm rolling with Thakarius and L'Jarius! They have cool names...

TEX
06-04-2021, 04:34 PM
1 year 4 mil. Damn. I really really really wanted him back.

He knew it too. That's probably why he left.

In58men
06-04-2021, 04:39 PM
Are we not going to extend Tyrann?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-04-2021, 04:41 PM

Chill. It’ll get wrapped up by training camp time

Wilson8
06-04-2021, 04:48 PM
Would have liked Breeland for another year, but Coach Steve Spagnuolo, Coach Dave Merritt and Coach Sam Madison will make L'Jarius Sneed, Charvarius Ward, Deandre Baker, Rashad Fenton, Mike Hughes, and Thakarius Keyes into a good CB unit.

Dante84
06-04-2021, 04:49 PM
Sounds like we moved on from him, not the other way around.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This was a tough decision when heart was sold on kc and the brotherhood that I’ve made over the last two years when one door close another always open it’s been my life story but I will always love the Kansas City chiefs organization. I wanna thank the Hunt family, Coach Reid</p>&mdash; Bashaud Breeland (@Bree2Land6) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bree2Land6/status/1400937393151115266?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coach Spagz, Coach Merrit and my dog coach Madison the love was real and this is a Fairwell but not a break up! To my brothers and the city itself the memories won’t be forgotten and the love will continue from this day forth. Big Love Breezy</p>&mdash; Bashaud Breeland (@Bree2Land6) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bree2Land6/status/1400938190505054212?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser
06-04-2021, 04:58 PM
Minnesota probably beat our offer by 500K, lol

Wilson8
06-04-2021, 05:01 PM
Sam Madison was not a fast corner (4.61 40) but had 12 years in NFL with the Dolphins and the Giants with 38 interceptions, and 4 Pro Bowls.

I think Madison will help Rashad Fenton and Deandre Baker be better corners.

BigBeauford
06-04-2021, 05:02 PM
Gonna miss watching him play. He was like the anti-Peters. Dude just loved hitting people.

Wilson8
06-04-2021, 05:08 PM
Gonna miss watching him play. He was like the anti-Peters. Dude just loved hitting people.

He did not back off or shy away from contact at all.

Mecca
06-04-2021, 05:11 PM

It wouldn't surprise me honestly. This team went all in and it paid off but now we're to the point of making changes.

There's probably about a 75% chance Hitchens, Clark and Mathieu are playing their last seasons here.

Wisconsin_Chief
06-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Awe man, it’s even worse that he didn’t want to leave. Wish he had told KC to fist themselves in his Tweet so I could hate him.

Wisconsin_Chief
06-04-2021, 05:19 PM
It wouldn't surprise me honestly. This team went all in and it paid off but now we're to the point of making changes.

There's probably about a 75% chance Hitchens, Clark and Mathieu are playing their last seasons here.

Hitchens and Clark are goners but I cannot see them letting Tyrann go as well. That’s way too much leadership on D to let walk in one offseason. Especially if Badger balls out again.

smithandrew051
06-04-2021, 05:20 PM
If he signs elsewhere, fuck him he sucks anyway.

If he signs with the Chiefs, All Pro guaranteed. The missing piece. Print em.

Fuck him he sucks anyway

Jewish Rabbi
06-04-2021, 05:20 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Vikings</a> have signed veteran CB Bashaud Breeland, who has spent the last couple years in Kansas City. He also had interest from Chicago, but lands with a different NFC North team.</p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1400932285260652553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FUCK THIS ASSHOLE!!!

ThyKingdomCome15
06-04-2021, 05:30 PM
This has been our biggest loss of the offseason by a stretch. The other guys were broke dicks or averages. Breeland was a really good player for us. Baker and Huges must be looking alright.

Wilson8
06-04-2021, 05:31 PM
This take from SI.com was interesting -

Coincidentally, it's kind of like the Vikings and Chiefs swapped Breeland and Hughes this offseason, as the injury-prone former first-rounder was traded from Minnesota to Kansas City earlier this offseason. That's a win for Minnesota, as Breeland is the more established player and doesn't come with the durability concerns.

ThyKingdomCome15
06-04-2021, 05:39 PM
Awe man, it’s even worse that he didn’t want to leave. Wish he had told KC to fist themselves in his Tweet so I could hate him.

LMAO

Yes, it would have been great if he had said this.

staylor26
06-04-2021, 05:42 PM
This take from SI.com was interesting -

Yea that’s a fucking dumb way of them trying to spin it as a big win for Minnesota. The Chiefs didn’t trade Breeland. He was a free agent that they chose not to re-sign.

Dunerdr
06-04-2021, 06:44 PM
We may be in the verge of another defensive remake. Secondary now, front7 next year.

Wilson8
06-04-2021, 07:12 PM
Yea that’s a ****ing dumb way of them trying to spin it as a big win for Minnesota. The Chiefs didn’t trade Breeland. He was a free agent that they chose not to re-sign.

The story came from Will Ragatz, Vikings Beat Writer for Sports Illustrated, so therefore the spin.

I was not agreeing with it. I thought it was funny.

TribalElder
06-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Didn't patrick peterson sign with the vikings earlier this year?

wouldn't be shocked if badger tries to join them

hopefully we pay him though

Kiimo
06-04-2021, 08:05 PM

These guys should try visiting Minneapolis in the winter before they sign

smithandrew051
06-04-2021, 08:08 PM
Considering what he signed for, we absolutely could have had him if we felt we needed him. Have to trust the staff on this one.

Maybe some other move is coming soon.

penguinz
06-04-2021, 08:18 PM

This is a BEP level comment.

TribalElder
06-04-2021, 09:32 PM
This is a BEP level comment.

ROFL

yeah that was pretty fucking stupid, didn't realize they were on one year deals it looks like

Also don't see the tweet about breeland anymore on his timeline

DTVietnam
06-04-2021, 10:31 PM
seems like the Chiefs didnt make him a priority...

we know if Veech wants to keep someone he makes it happen. .

Breeland was big for us...good luck in Minny

srvy
06-04-2021, 11:06 PM

Damn this is a loss we will be fine but it would have been nice to have the vet and sure tackler out there. The most physical corner we have had since Kevin Ross.

Well I guess James Hasty was pretty physical.

srvy
06-04-2021, 11:09 PM

Yeah, I thought he would test the waters but eventually resign with us. I'm a little disappointed but trust Veach.

Titty Meat
06-04-2021, 11:21 PM
His play declined last year he might have 2 more good years not worth a multiple year contract and theres a reason 3 teams have now signed him to short term deals.

Wilson8
06-04-2021, 11:45 PM
After the Chiefs find out what they have with their current CBs, Brett Veach might want to look at trades. The Chiefs might be able to work some type of CB trade with the Cleveland Browns.

The Browns have Denzel Ward (2018 1st Rd), Greedy Williams (2019 2nd Rd), Greg Newsome (2021 1st Rd), Troy Hill (2021 FA ,3 Yr @ $24M), M.J. Stewart, Richard LeCounte (2021 5th Rd), Robert Jackson, Brian Allen, A.J. Green, and others.

Greedy Williams did not play last year with nerve injury in shoulder. His base is $1,032,152.

JPH83
06-05-2021, 01:39 AM
A little nervous about this one. CBs already looked a little thin and I'm not sure what we have replicates the physicality of Breeland. Hopefully Baker or Williams end up working out.

Skyy God
06-05-2021, 08:23 AM
PFF (dismissive wank, but still) had him as the #57 corner last year.

Between our lack of cap space and other potential replacements (Baker, Hughes, Keyes), I’m good with not bringing him back.

RunKC
06-05-2021, 04:04 PM
Rashad Fenton year 3 and DeAndre Baker now on the team affords us to let Breeland walk

I believe that’s what our brass is thinking

dtrain
06-05-2021, 05:26 PM
Will this bring a comp pic?

Wilson8
06-05-2021, 05:45 PM
Will this bring a comp pic?

No. To be in the comp pick formula, free agent signing have to take place before the Monday after the NFL draft.

|Zach|
06-05-2021, 11:18 PM
Always remember that clutch play in New England. Hope he does well!

TRR
06-06-2021, 06:38 AM
This about sums it up for my thoughts on Breeland…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A couple of things on Breeland. He was a physical corner &amp; one of the better options on the market for KC’s style at the time in 19. But leading the defense in penalties with 25 called against him in 2 seasons not ideal. Athletic cliff is near as well. Hence 4x 1-year deals.</p>&mdash; Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jacobs71/status/1401216865981157386?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

scho63
06-06-2021, 06:49 AM
Will not miss him and all his penalties.

Rain Man
06-06-2021, 10:02 PM
I just re-watched the AFC championship game against the Bills. Breeland had an interception in the end zone, and he also directly caused a tip that Rashad Fenton intercepted.

Dunerdr
06-07-2021, 09:10 AM
OH MY GOD JOSH BRISKOE SAID THE SKY IS FALLING NOW

Also, when i see Nick Jacobs face on a tweet i just want to punch him. Is this normal?

alpha_omega
10-05-2021, 11:40 AM
Biggest surprise: CB Bashaud Breeland

Why it's a surprise: Minnesota signed Breeland to shore up the secondary and put a player with experience and good coverage skills (ranked 18th by Pro Football Focus in 2020) opposite Patrick Peterson at outside corner. Through four games, Breeland's play has been a disaster. He has been targeted 23 times and allowed 20 receptions for 281 yards (14.1 yards per reception), has given up four touchdowns and is allowing a near-perfect passer rating (157.2). Against Cleveland, Breeland left the game after six plays with an "illness" and didn't play again after being the closest defender on a 21-yard pass that converted a third-and-long for the Browns.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerranking1005/nfl-power-rankings-week-5-1-32-poll-plus-biggest-surprise-every-team

Skyy God
10-05-2021, 11:46 AM

Why it's a surprise: Minnesota signed Breeland to shore up the secondary and put a player with experience and good coverage skills (ranked 18th by Pro Football Focus in 2020) opposite Patrick Peterson at outside corner. Through four games, Breeland's play has been a disaster. He has been targeted 23 times and allowed 20 receptions for 281 yards (14.1 yards per reception), has given up four touchdowns and is allowing a near-perfect passer rating (157.2). Against Cleveland, Breeland left the game after six plays with an "illness" and didn't play again after being the closest defender on a 21-yard pass that converted a third-and-long for the Browns.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerranking1005/nfl-power-rankings-week-5-1-32-poll-plus-biggest-surprise-every-team

Woof.

He’s over the proverbial cliff.

loochy
10-05-2021, 11:48 AM

So is Brshrd Brlnd worse than Hughes?

Dunerdr
10-05-2021, 11:51 AM
So is Brshrd Brlnd worse than Hughes?

We cannot answer until we see Hughes rap album.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2021, 12:04 PM
We let him go at the right time

Buehler445
10-05-2021, 12:06 PM

Yikes. Veach pulled the chute at the right time I suppose.

T-post Tom
10-05-2021, 12:07 PM

Dammit Burt! :banghead:

Indian Chief
10-05-2021, 01:10 PM

That's one of the Patriots hallmarks and it works. As much as I despise that team, they let guys go one year early rather than one year late.

JPH83
10-05-2021, 01:47 PM

I thought this, I'd tried to watch some of his play and the limited amount I saw suggests binning him was right. Obviously some adjustment might be needed but he has looked dog-turd. I think our CBs have been really poor, but I'd still prefer Hughes over Breeland at this point.

TEX
10-05-2021, 02:40 PM

Naw, he'd fit right in with our shit defense...

Sassy Squatch
10-08-2021, 07:24 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Tomasson asked Breeland him if he&#39;s embarrassed by PFF ranking him the 103rd CB (out of 103) in the league. Breeland responded by saying Chris would probably rank 101 of 101 reporters if someone ranked them. �������� <a href="https://t.co/sW45QXMMEu">pic.twitter.com/sW45QXMMEu</a></p>&mdash; Skol Vikes (@SkolBros) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkolBros/status/1446533359610519556?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TwistedChief
10-08-2021, 07:32 PM
The dude had one of the top 5 defensive plays of the last decade for the Chiefs. If he doesn't deftly tap that ball out of Edelman's hands the way he did, we very well may lose that game and we don't have home field advantage in those playoffs that led to a SB win. Every other recent Chiefs DB gets DPI on that play.

He performed well for us. I wish him nothing but the best.

displacedinMN
10-08-2021, 07:43 PM
Minneapolis, MN (AP) -A seven-year old boy was at the center of a Hennepin County courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.
The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.
The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.
After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.
After two recesses to check legal references and to confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Minnesota Vikings, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone….

smithandrew051
10-08-2021, 07:56 PM
LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Tomasson asked Breeland him if he&#39;s embarrassed by PFF ranking him the 103rd CB (out of 103) in the league. Breeland responded by saying Chris would probably rank 101 of 101 reporters if someone ranked them. �������� <a href="https://t.co/sW45QXMMEu">pic.twitter.com/sW45QXMMEu</a></p>&mdash; Skol Vikes (@SkolBros) <a href="https://twitter.com/SkolBros/status/1446533359610519556?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a douche bag reporter. He deserved that response and more. Breeland diss track coming soon.

ThaVirus
11-30-2021, 10:41 AM
Weird bump but I found this funny and didn't think it warranted its own thread:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breeland petty AF pointing out he got a ring against us ������������ <a href="https://t.co/s44mgDgjJ3">pic.twitter.com/s44mgDgjJ3</a></p>&mdash; ChefMikey ����*���� (@MikeyMurda) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeyMurda/status/1465102247096991746?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

threebag
11-30-2021, 10:57 AM
Just line up, play the game and shut the fuck up.

Every athlete should follow this

staylor26
11-30-2021, 11:09 AM

:rolleyes:

Red Dawg
11-30-2021, 11:14 AM
Just line up, play the game and shut the **** up.

And their relatives can all shut the hell up.

Rain Man
11-30-2021, 05:45 PM
The dude had one of the top 5 defensive plays of the last decade for the Chiefs. If he doesn't deftly tap that ball out of Edelman's hands the way he did, we very well may lose that game and we don't have home field advantage in those playoffs that led to a SB win. Every other recent Chiefs DB gets DPI on that play.

He performed well for us. I wish him nothing but the best.

I thought you were talking about the 101 yard fumble return against the Lions.

In my mind, Breeland will forever be Clint Eastwood passing through the Chiefs landscape, taking out bad guys and then coolly riding his horse out of town.

St. Patty's Fire
11-30-2021, 07:04 PM

It was funny u have no swag

Dunerdr
11-30-2021, 08:11 PM
Remember that time Breeland the JAG blew out Brady’s candle over edelmans shoulder? That was a thing of beauty and to me signaled that things were different now.

Wisconsin_Chief
11-30-2021, 08:32 PM
Remember that time Breeland the JAG blew out Brady’s candle over edelmans shoulder? That was a thing of beauty and to me signaled that things were different now.

100% this. That was truly the moment where you realized we had arrived. I still remember holding my breath hoping to hell Brady wouldn’t get one of his cheap flags, and it never came. Just amazing.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-30-2021, 08:52 PM
Just line up, play the game and shut the **** up.

And their relatives can all shut the hell up.

Couple of mensa members here

Bump
11-30-2021, 09:08 PM
Weird bump but I found this funny and didn't think it warranted its own thread:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breeland petty AF pointing out he got a ring against us ������������ <a href="https://t.co/s44mgDgjJ3">pic.twitter.com/s44mgDgjJ3</a></p>&mdash; ChefMikey ����*���� (@MikeyMurda) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeyMurda/status/1465102247096991746?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol